Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-25-2005, 10:23 PM   #451
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 23, 2011 -

Chelsea crushed Everton 4-0. It is looking more likely that they will be the EPL Champions. Their match against Southampton on May 1st is my last semi-realistic hope. West Brom will be outclassed by them, and Reading will be very badly outclassed.

Today Wigan offically became the first team to be relegated from the EPL. They are in 20th place with only 16 points. They have 2 wins, 10 draws, and 23 losses.

Watford have been relegated from the English Championship.

Cheltenham have won promotion to the English Championship.

Bournemouth have won promotion to English League One.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:26 PM   #452
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 24, 2011 -

Manchester City boss Richard Money said that he doesn't particularly like me, and he hopes to upset our title chances by beating us tomorrow.

I reply, "I don't think Money is a very good manager, and I think Money has underachieved with Manchester City this year. Perhaps, they should seek a new manager." (They are currently 12 in the EPL.)
Old 03-25-2005, 10:31 PM   #453
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 25, 2011 -

Today we host Manchester City. We are currently 2nd in the EPL and they are 12th. They have a very good defense, and an average offense. Their defense has been led by Damien Delaney but he is injured for this match. However, Right fullback Andrew Davies is very good, centreback Joleon Lescott is good, and left fullback Sylvain Distin is very good. Keeper Alexandre Negri is a very solid keeper. Midfielder Danny Murphy does a good job of distributing the ball. Striker Robert Earnshaw leads the team with 15 goals. Benjamin Lauth is a good compliment at striker.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 50's.

GK: Howard
DL: Silvestre
DC: Chivu
DC: Lucio
DR: Brown
ML: Duff
MC: Djemba
MC: Stevanovic
MR: Eagles
SC: Saha
SC: Adriano (he is growing in leaps and bounds in practice, I can't believe he is only 19!)

S1: Barthez
S2: van Nistelrooy
S3: Alfonso
S4: O'Shea
S5: King
Old 03-25-2005, 10:52 PM   #454
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Brown crosses to Adriano in the box.. he heads it in.. GOAL.. Oh no! Adriano is judged to have unfairly jumped with the centreback. The goal is waved off. Stevanovic is arguing with the ref.. it's my least favorite ref again.. yellow card for Stevanovic.

7 minute mark: Luke Young tackled Djemba in the box.. penalty! Saha steps up to take the shot.. drills it into the right side of the net! GOAL!!!! 1-0. That is Saha's 100 career goal for Manchester United.

33 minute mark: Duff dribbles it down the left sideline.. passes to Saha who passes back to him.. he is at the left corner of the box.. he crosses it to the far post.. Adriano heads it.. sharp angle.. upper left corner.. it's past the keeper! GOAL!!!! 2-0.

36 minute mark: Saha gets the ball crosses it to the far post.. Adriano heads it.. the keeper barely punches it over the bar.

43 minute mark: Duff crosses to the near post.. Where Adriano has run up.. hits it with a diving header.. into the upper left corner! GOAL!!!! 3-0. That is Adriano's 10th goal of the year!

Halftime: 3-0 lead.

63 minute mark: Eagles crosses for Adriano.. he leaps.. the keeper leaps.. the keeper pushes him! Penalty shot awarded! Stevanovic steps up.. shoots.. left side of the net.. the keeper blocks it.. Duff gets the rebound.. shoots.. the keeper punches it over the bar.

I pull Duff for Alfonso (to rest Duff) and Saha for King (to get King experience.)

78 minute mark: Alfonso crosses to Adriano.. hard shot.. upper left corner.. the keeper barely tips it over the bar.

81 minute mark: Alfonso passes to King who crosses to Adriano by the far post.. he heads it.. the keeper blocks it.

Game over. 3-0 win for us.

We outshot them 17-0 (11-0 on target)

Damien Duff wins MoM, 10 for form, 19 of 28 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 2 of 5 headers, 8 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 2 assists.

Adriano also had a 10 for form. Saha, Eagles, Brown, Silvestre, and Lucio all had 8's.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:54 PM   #455
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Damien Duff's 14 MoM awards is a new team record.

With 3 games to go, we are 3 points behind Chelsea. Chelsea has 80 points. We have 77 points. Aston Villa is 3rd with 68 points. Liverpool is 4th with 65 points. Arsenal is 5th with 62 points. Newcastle is 6th with 57 points.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:14 PM   #456
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 28, 2011 -

Today we play Southampton in the 1st leg of the Semifinals of the UEFA Cup. Southampton's best defender Philippe Senderos is ineligible for this match! Their keeper Antti Niemi has been playing great lately. Striker James Beattie has been on fire the last 5 games. Right fullback Josemi has played well recently. Christoph Preub has had a great year at the right wing position.

We are 4-5 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the low 50's.

MC: Cook
SC: Smith
SC: van Nistelrooy

S2: Adriano
S6: Parker
S7: Grygera
Old 03-25-2005, 11:28 PM   #457
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We had a few opportunities, but a very slow first half.

Halftime: 0-0 tie.

55 minute mark: Cook passes to Djemba.. hard shot.. good save by the keeper.

61 minute mark: Duff passes to Djemba.. hard shot.. it deflects off a defender.. the keeper still saves it.

I sub Adriano for van Nistelrooy and Alfonso for Duff.

67 minute mark: Djemba passes to Smith.. hard shot.. over the bar.

91 minute mark: Brown steals it.. passes long to Eagles who heads it to Adriano in the right edge of the box.. he shoots a sharply angled shot from the right edge of the box.. upper left corner.. it's past the keeper.. it's a GOAL!!!! 1-0.

Game over. 1-0 win. I would have preferred more in the home leg, but I'm glad we got the late goal.

We outshot them 6-2 (3-0 on target)

Eagles wins MoM, 10 for form, 21 of 25 passes, 2 of 3 tackles, 2 of 4 headers, 12 runs, 4 fouls drawn, and 1 assist.

Adriano had an 8. The rest of the team all had 7's.

OOC Note: Mrs. Eaglesfan was able to leave work early (the restaurant wasn't busy) so I'll finish the season tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:26 AM   #458
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
OOC Note: Mrs. Eaglesfan was able to leave work early (the restaurant wasn't busy) so I'll finish the season tomorrow.
From the home-side of the telephone call, while being told that the restaurant was having a slow night:

[initial reaction]Damn it! But the season is ending![/initial reaction]
Being a trained professional who have handled numerous tough situation in the emergency room, Dr Eaglesfan27 quickly recovers and properly responds, "That's great, honey! I'll see you soon!"
Hanging up the phone, Dr Eaglesfan27 scans the laptop while doing a faster-than-light calculation in his head, "Three days until my next game and she has a 15 minute drive. I can get the next game in by the time she turns the corner up the street and still have time to shut the laptop down. C'mon, computer . . . work with ME!"
[clicks on advance]
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 11:24 AM   #459
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
From the home-side of the telephone call, while being told that the restaurant was having a slow night:

[initial reaction]Damn it! But the season is ending![/initial reaction]
Being a trained professional who have handled numerous tough situation in the emergency room, Dr Eaglesfan27 quickly recovers and properly responds, "That's great, honey! I'll see you soon!"
Hanging up the phone, Dr Eaglesfan27 scans the laptop while doing a faster-than-light calculation in his head, "Three days until my next game and she has a 15 minute drive. I can get the next game in by the time she turns the corner up the street and still have time to shut the laptop down. C'mon, computer . . . work with ME!"
[clicks on advance]

ROFL. That isn't that far from the truth However, once she was home, I forgot all about FM
Old 03-26-2005, 11:54 AM   #460
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 30, 2011 -

Walsall have been relegated from the English Championship.

Nottingham Forest have been relegated from the English Championship.

May 1st, 2011 -

The board are now pleased with my performance (despite falling into 2nd place.)

Stewart Downing has won EPL Player of the Month. Josemi of Southampton came in 2nd, and Salomon Kalou of Arsenal came in 3rd.

Adriano of Manchester United won the EPL Young player of the month! Frank Wolf of Arsenal came in 2nd, and Fabrice Plet of Arsenal came in 3rd.

West Bromwich's Sammy Lee has won Manager of the Month for guiding his team to victories in 4 of the last 5 games. Hopefully, they can upset Chelsea. Steve Bruce of Southampton came in 2nd, and Ian Holloway of Middlesbrough came in 3rd.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:59 AM   #461
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 1st, 2011 -

I'm playing against Manchester's old manager in Ruud Gullit and Bolton. He tried to say that the pressure was on us and we were going to crack. I responded that they are the ones facing relegation, and the pressure is on them. They are in 17th place. We are in 1st, and we are relying on Southampton to beat Chelsea tonight. As far as Bolton goes, they have had a rough year. They have a good defense, but their offense has been pathetic. Their keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen has been great this year. Their right fullback Nicky Hunt has played well. Centreback Radhi Jaidi has played quite well since joining this team. Right winger Achille Emana has played above average. Striker Wesley Sonck leads the team with 6 goals.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the low 60's.

DL: O'Shea
DC: Ferdinand
MC: Fletcher
SC: McFadden
SC: Rooney (he is back in superb condition, so i will play him today, and hope he is in superb condition again in 13 days when our season ending match against Liverpool occurs.)

S4: Grygera
Old 03-26-2005, 12:29 PM   #462
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Emana dribbles up the right wing.. cross to Oliviera.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

3 minute mark: Fletcher gets a yellow card for a trip on Nolan.

5 minute mark: Ricardo Gardner gets a yellow card for pulling Eagles' Jersey.

12 minute mark: Miguel witha long range shot.. Howard saves it.

18 minute mark: O'Shea is called for pulling Nolan's jersey.. Rooney argues the call.. Rooney gets a yellow card. We are playing horribly today.

23 minute mark: Djemba with a long pass to McFadden.. he dribbles into the box.. he is caught by Cagara in the box.

30 minute mark: Fogalertz stops Rooney from dribbling into the box.

31 minute mark: Rooney tries a long range shot.. over the bar.

34 minute mark: Eagles and Gardner collide.. Gardner is hurt.. Eagles gets a yellow card.

Halftime: Down 1-0. We are being dominated, yet everyone on our team is playing ok.

50 minute mark: Chivu starts the counter attack.. passes it to Rooney at midfield.. he passes it ahead to Duff who beats a defender.. fakes right.. dribbles left.. into the box.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-1.

52 minute mark: Howard stops a long range shot from Nolan.. Brilliant save on the very hard shot.

52 minute mark: McFadden is exhausted, I put Adriano on for him.

61 minute mark: Duff crosses to Adriano.. hard shot from 5 yards out.. the keeper blocks it.. Rooney is right there.. shoots the rebound.. great save by the keeper.

66 minute mark: Djemba initiates the counter attack from their corner kick.. long pass to Adriano.. Ben Haim is back there.. he tackles Adriano. Haim is playing a great game.

69 minute mark: Duff is exhausted, I put Alfonso on for him.

71 minute mark: O'Shea is given a yellow card for holding Emana's jersey.

80 minute mark: A tie is not enough, I tell my team to go all out on the attack.

83 minute mark: Rooney was tripped by Haim on a breakaway.. DARN.. they say it was outside the box.. free kick from 20 yards out. Eagles shoots the kick over the bar.

84 minute mark: Alfonso intercepts it at midfield.. passes it to Adriano.. he crosses it.. Rooney with the header.. upper left corner.. the keeper saves it.

85 minute mark: Alfonso passes to Adriano who crosses it to Fletcher.. very hard curving shot.. the keeper dives.. upper right corner.. the keeper blocks it.. the defense clears it.

92 minute mark: Chivu starts our counter attack.. passes it to Adriano at midfield.. he dribbles past two defenders.. comes up to 2 more.. dribbles right between them.. into the box.. shoots.. lower left corner.. a blistering shot.. the keeper dives.. it's past him.. and it's a GOOOOOOOAAAAALLL!!!! YES! What a play by Adriano to pull out a win at the last second The announcers say magical stuff from Adriano.. I have to agree.

10 seconds later the final whistle blows! Game over 2-1 win

They outshot us 19-11 (10-6 on target)

Djemba won MoM, 9 for form, 22 of 26 passes, 8 of 11 tackles, 1 of 1 headers, 4 interceptions, 2 runs.

Howard, Ferdinand, Chivu, Duff, Fletcher, McFadden, and Adriano all had 8's for form. The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:32 PM   #463
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Southampton managed to tie Chelsea 1-1. Unfortunately, that isn't quite good enough as Chelsea still got a point and is now 1 point ahead of us. I need West Brom to at least pull out a tie, as I doubt Reading has a chance. Meanwhile, I need to beat Birmingham at home, and Liverpool on the Road in our last 2 EPL Games.

My Physio notes that Ferdinand needs rest. I'll rest him next game.

Downing might be back in a week from his back injury.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:34 PM   #464
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 2, 2011 -

Silvestre and Duff were selected to the EPL Team of Week.

OOC Note: Adriano has grown so much and is such an amazing wonderkid, that I think I will post his profile now.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:41 PM   #465
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Here is his profile:

Old 03-26-2005, 01:17 PM   #466
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 4, 2011 -

Phil Neville came into my office today and told me that he wants to start playing regular first team football or he wants to be let go. He is 34 and isn't good enough to be a regular. I tell him that he is a valuable backup, but I will understand if he wants to go somewhere else to seek 1st team football.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:22 PM   #467
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 5, 2011 -

Today we travel to play Southampton in the 2nd leg of the UEFA Cup Semi Final match. We are up 1-0 on aggregate.

We are 4-5 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 50's.

DR: Grygera
MC: Stevanovic
MC: Cook
SC: Saha
SC: Van Nistelrooy (time to pair this old reliable duo up together.)

S3: Downing (will only play if the match becomes even, he is doubtful for this match)
S4: Smith
S6: O'Shea
S7: Parker
Old 03-26-2005, 01:47 PM   #468
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

15 minute mark: Bobby Convey has been playing well.. just put a good move on Eagles.. dribbled down the pitch.. crossed for Amoah.. it takes a last minute tackle by Chivu to prevent Amoah from getting a good shot.

16 minute mark: Silvestre with a long pass to Saha in the box.. he is dribbling towards the post.. he is tripped by Oumar Konde.. whistle.. Penalty shot awarded! Saha steps up.. powers the shot towards the right corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

25 minute mark: Howard stops a long shot by Amoah.

32 minute mark: Duff crosses to Stevanovic.. hard shot.. inches wide right.

36 minute mark: Bobby Convey and Eagles collide.. Eagles is hurt. He has to come off. I'm trying an experiment.. (perhaps very foolishly).. I'm putting Alan Smith in at right wing.

Halftime: 1-0 (2-0 on aggregate.) So far, Smith has played right wing well with 5 of 5 passing, and 1 run.

47 minute mark: Duff with a corner kick.. to the near post.. vN heads it.. good save by the keeper.

57 minute mark: Babayaro steals it in our zone.. passes to Jonathan Douglas. He shoots from 30 yards.. it curves.. flying towards the middle of the net.. Howard misplays it and it sails over his left shoulder.. GOAL. 1-1 (2-1 on aggregate)

59 minute mark: chivu goes in on Amoah two footed.. yellow card for Chivu.

60 minute mark: I sub O'Shea for Chivu and vN is tired, so I sub in Adriano for him.

I decide that I will not use Downing until he is healthy.. he is too important.

63 minute mark: Howard blocks a 20 yard shot by Convey.

65 minute mark: Adriano dribbles it into the box.. draws three defenders.. passes to Saha.. wide open shot.. he shoots.. left side of the net.. the keeper dives.. amazing save.

67 minute mark: Adriano passes to Saha in the left half of the box.. he shoots.. the keeper tips it over the bar.

73 minute mark: Howard with a long kick.. Adriano heads it on for Saha in the box.. he shoots.. inches wide right.

85 minute mark: Southampton switches to a 2-3-5 trying to generate offense.

87 minute mark: Cook heads it to Saha.. he and Adriano have a breakaway! Saha passes to Adriano in the box.. he powers it home into the open right side of the net! GOAL!!!! 2-1 (3-1 on aggregate.)

Game over. 2-1 win (3-1 on aggregate) We are going to the UEFA Final!

We outshot them 15-8 (8-6 on target)

Their keeper, Antti Niemi has won MoM for his 6 saves.

Howard, Silvestre, Lucio, Duff, cook, Saha, and Adriano all had 8's for form. The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:01 PM   #469
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 7, 2011 -

John Coyle has left Harrogate Town to become the manager of Rotherham. Harrogate is currently 18th in League Two. Rotherham is 20th in League One.

Richard O'Connor has been excellent in goal for Harrogate this year. Stuart Green has been a key at right wng and Ben Surey been important in the midfield. Andrew Wright is finally showing his age.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:07 PM   #470
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 7, 2011 -

Chelsea beat West Brom 1-0. That pretty much secures the title for them. It would be an amazing feat if Reading beat them in their final game. Reading just rolled over to Blackburn 3-0. At least Wigan is still fighting and managed to tie Bolton. Reading has a record of 5 wins, 6 draws, and 26 losses. I don't see them adding a draw against Chelsea.

Cambridge have won the League Two Title.

Sheffield United have won Promotion to the English Championship.

Notts Co have been relegated from the English League One.

Swindon have been relegated from League One.

Cheltenham have won the English League One Title.

Reading have officially been relegated from the EPL.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:13 PM   #471
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 8, 2011 -

Today we host Birmingham in an EPL Match. Birmingham is in 8th while we are in 2nd. Birmingham's defense is particularly strong this year. Keeper Jose Moreira is playing very well. Martin Taylor and Matthew Upson are playing well at right back and centreback respectively. Left winger Seol Ki-Hyeon is playing well. Striker Rudy Carlier leads the team in scoring, but he is injured for this game. Geremi is a very good right winger, and is the 2nd leading scorer on the team.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the 50's today.

MR: Mamam

S3: Downing (finally healed, but needs match practice. Plan on playing him the 2nd half.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:13 PM   #472
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 8, 2011 -

Today we host Birmingham in an EPL Match. Birmingham is in 8th while we are in 2nd. Birmingham's defense is particularly strong this year. Keeper Jose Moreira is playing very well. Martin Taylor and Matthew Upson are playing well at right back and centreback respectively. Left winger Seol Ki-Hyeon is playing well. Striker Rudy Carlier leads the team in scoring, but he is injured for this game. Geremi is a very good right winger, and is the 2nd leading scorer on the team.

We are 4-6 favorites.

S3: Downing (finally healed, but needs match practice. Plan on playing him the 2nd half.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:14 PM   #473
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 8, 2011 -

We are 4-6 favorites.

Old 03-26-2005, 02:14 PM   #474
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Adriano looks amazing. Did his training schedule you implented really help? What is a "wonderkind"?

Hopefully a UEFA Cup and a FA Cup title will look good to the board and fans, if you come up short in the EPL race (and going from fifth to second is pretty impressive).
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 02:20 PM   #475
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
Adriano looks amazing. Did his training schedule you implented really help? What is a "wonderkind"?

Hopefully a UEFA Cup and a FA Cup title will look good to the board and fans, if you come up short in the EPL race (and going from fifth to second is pretty impressive).

We already lost to Liverpool in the FA Cup. Hopefully, the UEFA Title will be enough to keep the board and fans happy. Of course, 2nd will also qualify us for CL play next year which is good.

A "wonderkid" is a player with immense potential and talent at a young age. He was already very good when I acquired him, but he has gained 2 points in multiple categories. I think the training schedule helped, the quality of our facilities and coaches, and also giving him Playing Time.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:46 PM   #476
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 minute mark: Duff kicks a corner to the near post.. Djemba outjumps everyone.. heads it.. into the upper left corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

12 minute mark: Ryan Barrett and Ferdinand collided.. Barrett gets a yellow card.. Ferdinand is hurt, but can continue to play.

28 minute mark: Djemba passes to the right corner of the pitch.. Mamam gets to it.. crosses to Duff in the left corner of the pitch.. he passes to Smith in the box.. hard shot.. the keeper barely tips it over the bar.

41 minute mark: Mamam takes it up the right sideline.. crosses to the far post.. McFadden outjumps the keeper.. heads it.. into the left side of the net! GOAL!!!! 2-0.

43 minute mark: Djemba elbows Barrett in the jaw.. Yellow card for Djemba.

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us.

I bring Downing on for Duff to help him regain his legs.

50 minute mark: Downing passes to Djemba just outside the box.. he shoots.. over the bar.

62 minute mark: King on for McFadden who is tired.

71 minute mark: Ki-Hyeon with a dribble down the left wing.. passes it to Whitehead in the box.. hard shot.. upper right corner.. it's past Howard.. GOAL. Up 2-1.

77 minute mark: Whitehead collides with Fletcher at midfield.. Whitehead is hurt.. Fletcher keeps playing.. passes it to King in the box.. King flicks it to Smith on his right.. Smith shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-1. That is a rare goal for Smith who hasn't done much for us this year.

92 minute mark: Downing passes to King in the far left side of the box.. he takes two dribbles.. unleashes a hard powerful curving shot.. it sails into the lower right side of the net! GOAL!!!! 4-1.

Game over. 4-1 win.

We outshot them 13-11 (7-5 on target)

Despite only playing a half, Downing wins MoM, 8 for form, 9 of 10 passes, 2 of 2 tackles, 1 of 3 headers, 1 interception, 9 runs, and 1 assist.

Howard, Brown, Silvestre, Mamm, Fletcher, Djemba, Smith, Downing, and King all had 8's for form. The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:48 PM   #477
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Craig King strained his shoulder and will need to miss 5 days. Since our next match is 6 days away, this isn't a big deal.

The Wolves were promoted to the EPL today.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:01 PM   #478
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 9, 2011 -

Silvestre was selected to the EPL Team of the Week.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:07 PM   #479
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 13, 2011 -

Dalibor Stevanovic injured his back in training today and will miss about 3 weeks (the rest of the season.)

Craig King injured his calf in training today. He will miss about 2 weeks (the rest of the season.)

I read this article in today's newspaper:

TITLE: Colbert doubts Manchester United Credentials

"Liverpool manager Tony Colbert knows that being expected to win the title can really put pressure on a manager and telling Christopher Engles in the build up to their league clash on Saturday that he doubts he will be capable of achieving his championship goal is sure to cause some reaction."

I responded to a reporter and this was the article that was printed in the evening edition before our match:

"On hearing that Tony colbert doubts his capabilities of winning the title, Christopher Engles seemed inclined to respond in a positive manner.

Talented manager Christopher Engles has told Tony Colbert that he believes his Manchester United team can win the title.

Engles told Rivals.net that he was quietly positive about his team's ability and certainly did not share Colbert's view that the club would fall short of their ambition."

In the pit of my stomach, I doubt we will win the title due to Reading being an easy foe for Chelsea, but I have to keep the guys focused on beating this tough Liverpool team.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:14 PM   #480
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 14, 2011 -

Today we play Liverpool in our final EPL Match of the Year. See our recent FA cup match for a recap of their starting lineup. Needless to say it is masterful, and they beat us 1-0 in our FA Cup semi-final matchup.

We are 6-4 favorites despite playing on their pitch.

It's very windy with temperatures in the mid 50's.

ML: Downing
SC: Rooney

S3: Duff
S5: van Nistelrooy
Old 03-26-2005, 03:15 PM   #481
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oh yeah, Chelsea is playing Reading simultaneously. I'll be following that match closely as I play.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:25 PM   #482
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Wow. Adriano has some impressive skills. Weird to see a Brazillian with such low creativity and flair, though. (At least, y'know, one not named Gilberto Silva.) I'm seeing more of that in FM'05 than I'm used to.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 03:31 PM   #483
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

12 minute mark: D'Alessandro passes to Yakubu in the box.. hard shot.. Howard saves it.

18 minute mark; Eagles gets a yellow card for tripping Garcia on the left wing.

21 minute mark: Owens with a hard shot.. Howard blocks it.. D'Alessandro gets the rebound.. hard shot.. it bounces off Chivu.. right to Steven Gerrard just outside the box.. Gerrard with a hard curving shot.. it curves.. into the upper right corner of the net. GOAL. Down 1-0.

24 minute mark: Djemba passes to Rooney in the box.. he passes to McFadden.. hard shot.. over the bar.

30 minute mark: Mcfadden gets it at midfield.. dribbles past two defenders.. goes past another defender.. into the box.. fakes out the keeper.. has an open shot.. shoots.. Ciise gets back there and blocks the shot. He saved a goal for certain.

39 minute mark: Riise tackles Rooney.. stopping a breakaway.

42 minute mark: Owens with a long shot from 25 yards out.. Howard was out of position.. it sails towards the left side of the net.. bounces off the post.. GOAL. Down 2-0.

Halftime: Down 2-0. They have over 61,000 fans here.

Mr. Quieroz informs me that Chelsea is up over Reading 2-0. There is no chance we are going to win the title. I decide to pull Downing for Duff. I want to keep Downing fresh for the UEFA final in 4 days. I also pull Rooney for van Nistelrooy for the same reason.

48 minute mark: Howard stops a long shot by Duff.

54 minute mark: Ferdinand trips Yakubu in the box.. yellow card to Ferdinand.. Penalty shot awarded.. Valdo blasts the shot into the upper left corner of the net. GOAL. Down 3-0.

60 minute mark: Chelsea is now up over Reading 4-0. I don't try to put Adriano on for any heroics. I'll keep him rested for our UEFA final.

65 minute mark: Chivu tripped Yakubu in the box.. penalty shot awarded.. Valdo steps up.. blasts it into the right side of the net. GOAL. Down 4-0.

Game over. Rooney and Downing had 7's. Everyone else had 6's and played poorly. Howard had a 5.

We were outshot 14-4. (7-0 on target) I think the guys knew we weren't winning the title and were disillusioned.

Valdo won MoM, 15 of 18 passes, 2 of 7 tackles, 3 of 6 headers, 2 interceptions, 1 run, 2 goals.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:32 PM   #484
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
Wow. Adriano has some impressive skills. Weird to see a Brazillian with such low creativity and flair, though. (At least, y'know, one not named Gilberto Silva.) I'm seeing more of that in FM'05 than I'm used to.

I agree. I'm not used to seeing a Brazilian player with such low creativity and flair either. I'm glad I didn't let it scare me off purchasing him (I almost passed because of this.)
Old 03-26-2005, 03:39 PM   #485
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Chelsea won their match 5-0 and they have won the EPL Title.

We ended up in 2nd place. A full report of the League Table is included below:

Old 03-26-2005, 03:43 PM   #486
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Some thoughts on the conclusion of the EPL Season:

Arsenal only getting 64 points is very surprising. I wonder if Wenger will finally "retire."

Aston Villa had impressive imporvement from last year where they were in 6th place with 64 points.

Liverpool is for real. They have been a top contender for the past few years.

I'm glad to see Bolton get relegated. I just didn't like my predecesor. I'm sad to See wigan finish in the bottom of the EPL. S

Southampton took the biggest fall from 4th place with 73 points to 11th place with 56 points. I wonder which version is the truth.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:50 PM   #487
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 14, 2011 -

Chelsea officially won the EPL.

We were given 20 million dollars for coming in 2nd place in the EPL.

On the season, we lost 50 million dollars, but that is not bad because we spent over 90 million on transferring players in. I don't anticipate spending a great deal on players next year.

We still have about 90 million dollars in the bank.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:03 PM   #488
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 18, 2011 -

Inter have won the Italian Serie A title.

Stewart Downing has won the English Player's Player of the Year award! Daniel Bierofka of Aston Villa came in 2nd, and Jose Antonio Reyes of Arsenal came in 3rd.

Liverpool's Jordi has won the English Player's Young Player of the Year Award. Fabrice Plet of Arsenal came in 2nd, and Miguel of Bolton came in 3rd.

Lucio, Downing, and Eagles were all selected to the English Player's Premier Division Select Team.

Chelsea's Jose Mourinho has won EPL Manager of the Year. Tony Colbert of Liverpool came in 2nd, and I came in 3rd.

Stewart Downing has win the English Footballer of the Year award. Daniel Bierofka of Aston Villa came in 2nd, and Reyes came in 3rd.

Chelsea's Adriano has won the EPL Top Goalscorer award. He scored 30 league goals this year. Djibril Cisse of Liverpool came in 2nd, and Lukas Podolski of Arsenal came in 3rd.

James McFadden's goal on August 14th against Leicester was selected as goal of the year! In this truly fantastic goal, McFadden took possession in his own half, dribbled past four Leicester players before hitting a well placed shot.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:09 PM   #489
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 18, 2011 -

This is the final match of the year for us. It is the UEFA Final. We are playing against Aston Villa. They finished 4th in the EPL and they have a talented team. It all starts with their left winger Daniel Bierofka. He is a brilliant player who finished 2nd in the English Player of the Year award. Their defense is rock solid with centrebacks Liam Ridgewell and Martin Laursen playing very well the last month. Right fullback Andreas Gorlitz is also great. Their keeper Leo Franco has been hard to beat all year long. Their offense is also good with striker Luke Moore leading the team with 20 goals. Robbie Keane has chipped in another 12 goals. Midfielder Emil Gargorov has another 11 goals. They will be tough to beat, but this is a critical match for us to win so we at least have one big title this year.

We are even odd favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 50's.

This match is being played at the Stade des Trois Tilleuls in Brussels.

Their will be extra time and penalty shootout if we are tied.

DL: Chivu
ML: Downing
SC: Rooney (he is only match fit, but this is a huge game. He usually shows up for big games.)

S2: Adriano (will get in early if either striker is not looking good.)
S3: Duff
S5: van Nistelrooy
S6: Grygera
S7: Mamam
Old 03-26-2005, 04:39 PM   #490
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 minute mark: Brown stops a shot by Reid.. saving a goal.

7 minute mark: Downing is tackled by Gorlitz in the box.

13 minute mark: Brown passes down the right sideline for Eagles.. he crosses to Fletcher.. hard shot.. wide left.

25 minute mark: Gorlitz steals it from Downing.. passes long to Luke Moore.. he shoots a shot from 25 yards out.. Howard watches as it sails over his shoulder.. into the net! Howard with a horrid goal allowed. Down 1-0.

Halftime: Down 1-0. There are over 40,000 fans watching this match.

I put Adriano on for McFadden to try to light a spark. Eagles is playing poorly this game (form of 5.) I will put Mamam in for him in 5 minutes if he doesn't start playing better.

47 minute mark: Adriano steals it in enemy turf.. passes to Rooney.. hard shot.. upper left corner.. the keeper tips it over the bar.

58 minute mark: Chivu passes to Djemba.. he passes to Fletcher.. hard shot.. the keeper punches it over the bar.

59 minute mark: Eagles crosses to Djemba.. who heads it into the box for Adriano.. he immediately kicks it hard.. upper left corner.. it's past the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 1-1.

62 minute mark: Howard stops a long range shot from Moore.

67 minute mark: Chivu starts the counter attack.. passes it to Rooney just outside our own box.. he passes long to Adriano.. Adriano burns two defenders.. dribbles towards the box.. shoots.. past the keeper.. it goes inches wide right!

70 minute mark: Gorlitz stops Downing.. again. He is giving Downing fits.

73 minute mark: Eagles passes to Rooney in the box.. Rooney with a spin move.. creates space.. shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. barely tips it over the bar.

End of regulation. 1-1 tie. Rooney is very tired. I decide to bring on Ruud van Nistelrooy for Rooney.

96 minute mark: Downing loses the ball to Gorlitz.. again.

97 minute mark: Downing passes to Adriano in the left side of the box... Adriano draws two defenders.. passes between them to van Nistelrooy.. he is wide open.. shoots.. over the bar!

98 minute mark: Howard sotps a long shot from Keane.

102 minute mark: Gorlitz gets a yellow card for tripping Adriano.. he is hurt.. but insists he can keep playing.

Halftime of Extra time: I have 4 guys who are really exhausted. Basically my entire midfield is exhausted. Mamam or Duff are my available subs. Neither Mamam or Duff are particularly good penalty shooters. Neither Eagles or Djemba are good penalty shooters. However, Eagles relies on speed and energy the most for what he does, and Mamam is best at right wing. I put Mamam in for Eagles.

109 minute mark: Mamam's crosses is headed away by Gorlitz.. he sends it to Whittingham.. Whittingham passes it to Hunt who has come on as a sub at striker.. he beats Lucio.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. upper right corner.. it's past Howard.. GOAL. Down 2-1.

111 minute mark: Mamam gets a yellow card for holding Bierofka.

117 minute mark: Adriano passes to Djemba in the middle of the box.. hard shot.. the keeper punches it over the bar.

119 minute mark: Downing passes to Adriano in the left side of the box.. hard shot.. upper left corner.. the keeper blocks it.. the defense clears it.

Game over. A disappointing 2-1 loss. So close on so many competitions, but not quite enough.

We were outshot 14-11 (8-5 on target)

Downing won MoM, 25 of 27 passes, 3 of 5 tackles, 1 of 5 headers, 1 interception, 15 runs.

Chivu, Eagles, Fletcher, and Djemba all had 8's. The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:51 PM   #491
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

End of Season Analysis:

My Team Only:

I love the varied number of scorers we have.

GOALS (all competitions):

1. McFadden - 15 goals in 25 starts.

2. Adriano - 14 goals in 6 starts and 13 relief appearances.

3. Rooney - 11 goals in 25 starts.

4. Saha - 11 goals in 23 starts and 3 relief appearances.

5. van Nistelrooy - 10 goals in 6 starts and 19 relief appearances.

6. Craig King - 9 goals in 13 starts and 14 relief appearances.

7. Djemba - 8 goals in 37 appearances.

8. Downing - 7 goals in 30 appearances.

9. Smith - 7 goals in 15 starts and 10 relief appearances (higher number of goals than
I thought it would be.)

10. Cook - (19 year old midfielder) 6 goals in 22 starts and 12 relief appearances.

11. Marino - 5 goals in 7 starts and 1 relief appearance.

12. Stevanovic - 4 goals in 11 starts and 3 relief appearances.

13. Eagles - 4 goals in 50 starts.

14. Fletcher - 4 goals in 43 starts.

15. Mamam - 2 goals in 12 starts and 11 relief appearances.

16. Lucio - 2 goals in 44 starts.

17. Alfonso - 1 goal in 1 start and 12 relief appearances.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:55 PM   #492
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Assists:

1. Downing - 16
2. Duff - 16
3. Eagles - 15
4. Rooney - 11
5. Djemba - 10
6. Cook - 6
7. Saha - 6
8. Fletcher - 6
9. Marino - 4
10 Smith - 4
11. Mamam - 3
12. McFadden - 3
13. Lucio - 3
14. Silvestre - 3
15. King - 2
16. Adriano - 2
17. Chivu - 2
18. Ferdinand - 2
19. van Nistelrooy - 2

20 Parker, Howard, Neville, and O'Shea all had 1.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:02 PM   #493
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Now to view league stat leaders for the year:

First Average Form:

1. Downing - 8.81

2. Bierofka, Aston Villa - 8.26

3. Duff - 8.19

4. Jose Antonio Reyes, Arsenal - 7.91

5. Andres D'Alessandro, Liverpool, 7.88

6. Adriano, Chelsea - 7.79

7. Salomon Kalou, Arsenal - 7.77

8. Christopher Eagles - 7.74

9. James McFadden - 7.68

10. Arjen Robben, Chelsea 7.62.

Other Notable Manchester United Players:

12. Djemba - 7.61
20. Lucio - 7.52

League Goals:

1. Adriano, Chelsea - 30
2. Djibril Cisse, Liverpool - 20
3. Lukas Podolski, Arsenal - 20
4. Dean Ashton, Leicester - 19
5. Jermain Defoe, Tottenham - 14
5. Jonathan Stead, Blackburn - 14
5. Ciprian Marica, Everton - 14
8. Robert Earnshaw, Manchester City - 13
8. Milan Baros, Fulham - 13
8. James Beattie, Southampton - 13

Manchester United Notables:

Tied for 8th: McFadden - 13.

Tied for 25th: Adriano - 9

Tied for 44th - Saha and Rooney - 6.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:07 PM   #494
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

League Assists:

1. Pablo Aimar, Chelsea - 14
1. Andres D'Alessandro, Liverpool - 14
1. Jose Antonio Reyes, Arsenal - 14
4. Eusebius Smolarek, Birmingham - 12
4. Stewart Downing - 12
6. Mourad Meghni, Aston Villa - 11
6. Johan Elmander, West Brom - 11
6. Michael Chopra, West Brom - 11.
6. Daniel Bierofka, Aston Villa - 11
10. Four tied with 10 including Damien Duff.

Other Manchester United Notables:

Tied for 14th: Wayne Rooney and Christopher Eagles with 9.

League MoM Awards:

1. Downing - 14.
1. Bierofka, Aston Villa - 14.
3. Damien Duff - 10
4. Adriano, Chelsea - 7
4. Antti Niemi, Southampton - 7
4. Jose Antonio Reyes, Arsenal - 7
7. Paul Robinson - Tottenham - 6
7. Salomon Kalou - Arsenal - 6
7. Paddy Kenny! (wigan) - 6
7. Andres D'Alessandro, Liverpool 6.

Other Manchester United Notables:

Tied for 26th: McFadden - 3
Old 03-26-2005, 05:13 PM   #495
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 25, 2011 -

wigan have hired away Mick Wadsworth from Sheffield United to become their new manager.

Due to the number of injuries I had last year, and the amount of extra money I have. I've decided I will be trying to hire 4 more physios this offseason. This will double my number of physios.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:16 PM   #496
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 26, 2011 -

Milan won the CL final on Penalty shots today. They played Barcelona to a 1-1 tie in regulation and extra time, but Milan won the shootout 4-3. Adu scored for Barcelona in the shootout, along with Robinho and Ronaldinho. However, Milan had 4 players convert the penalty shot. They were Fernando Torres, Alessandro Nesta, Christian Rahn, and Dimitar Berbatov.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:18 PM   #497
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm finding myself considering where to improve the team during this offseason. Of course, one big factor will be how much money we get for our transfer budget, but I'm thinking one more big ticket item might be worth it.

I think we are set at striker with a perfect blend of youth and talented mature players.

I think we could use one more right winger or a guy who can slide out to play right wing. However, this is a minor concern.

I think with the age of our defenders, a young defender to develop will be important.

I also think that Howard has upset me with a couple of soft goals lately. Should I replace him? It is a thought. Right now he is valued at over 40 million, but I doubt anyone would take him off my hands for that price. Do I strengthen the squad around him, or do I replace him. Tough decision.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:21 PM   #498
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 28, 2011 -

Chesterfield have promotion to the English Championship.

International Roundup (all matches are Euro U 19 Championship Qualifiers)

Jamie Cook scored a goal for England in helping the side win their match against Luxembourg 2-1.

Alfonso came on as a substitute for Spain and was disappointing, but his side still beat Moldova 2-1.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:24 PM   #499
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 29, 2011 -

Liverpool beat Leicester 2-1 in the English FA Cup Final. Djibril Cisse and Anthony Le Tallec scored the key goals for Liverpool. Dean Ashton scored Leicester's only goal.

The qualifiers for European play in 2011/12 have been announced:

Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool, and Aston Villa will all be in the CL.

Tottenham, Arsenal, and Leicester will be in the UEFA Cup.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:49 PM   #500
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 2nd, 2011 -

Fernando Orsi has been sacked by Lazio.

Charlton have won promotion to the EPL.

Real Madrid have won the Spanish First Division Title.

Akin Serhat suffered a compact fracture of his leg today, and he will miss about 6 months.

The Manchester United are pleased with my performance as manager. Least it doesn't sound like they are going to fire me for coming in 2nd.

International Roundup (again thse are European U19 Championship Qualifying matches)

Alfonso came on as a substitute for Spain and was largely disappointing, but his side won 3-1 over Norway.

England beat Ireland 2-1. Cook had a goal in the match, and Paul Kelly had the other goal. Kelly is a 19 year old midfielder/right winger. He doesn't look ready to play for us yet, but he continues to improve.