Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-22-2005, 11:45 PM   #351
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 26, 2011 -

Howard played well for the USA today as they beat Anguilla 4-0 in the North American Gold Cup match. Conor Casey had a goal, Landon Donovan had 2 goals, and DaMarcus Beasley scored the last goal. Adu assisted on Donovan's 1st goal. Landon Donovan had 2 assists and won MoM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:51 PM   #352
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 28, 2011 -

Newcastle have signed Tottenham's James Milner for 13.5 million dollars.

Southampton have signed Arsenal's Philippe Senderos for 8 millon dollars.

Inter have offered 70 million dollars for Liverpool's Vincent Kompany.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:59 PM   #353
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 29, 2011 -

Today we travel to play Reading in an EPL match. Reading is currently 20th in the league (the bottom.) We are currently in 1st. Reading's defense has been like a sieve this year. Calum Davenport has been their most consistent defender, and he hasn't been that good. Their offense has been good with Bjorn Runstrom leading the team with 7 goals, and 3 other players with 5 goals. Midfielder Alan Quinn is one of those players with 5 goals and he is playing very well. Tehir keeper, Iain Turner has been inconsistent this year.

We are heavy 2-5 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the mid 40's.

GK: Barthez
DL: Chivu
DC: Lucio
DC: Ferdinand
DR: Brown
ML: Downing
MC: Stevanovic (can he keep his streak of scoring a goal in every Manchester United start alive?)
MC: Fletcher
MR: Eagles
SC: McFadden (normally I'd sit him against an inferior opponent, but he is in superb physical condition and I don't want to waste it.)
SC: Rooney (Ditto)

S1: Heaton
S2: van Nistelrooy
S3: Parker
S4: Cook
S5: Adriano (will get on the pitch today.)
Old 03-23-2005, 12:15 AM   #354
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

12 minute mark: Downing with a great dribble into the box.. shoots.. hard shot.. great save by Turner.. Rooney gets the rebound.. shoots.. Turner saves it again.

20 minute mark: Rooney with a breakaway.. hard shot from 20 yards out.. the keeper blocks it.. the defense clears it.

35 minute mark: Rooney steals it in enemy turf.. dribbles past three defenders.. into the box.. dribbles to his right around the keeper.. fires a shot into the net! GOAL!!!! 1-0. Rooney made that happen all by himself! That is his 100th career goal for Manchester United.

43 minute mark: Rooney steals it at midfield.. passes over two defenders.. to McFadden just outside the box.. he burns a defender.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Halftime: 2-0 lead. Reading has over 24,000 fans here today.

62 minute mark: Adriano on for McFadden who is tired. Cook on for Fletcher.

67 minute mark: Cook with a hard shot.. blocked by the keeper.. Rooney with the rebound.. blazes a shot.. upper left corner.. the keeper manages to tip it over the bar.

69 minute mark: Downing takes it down the left sideline.. crosses for Rooney.. he heads it.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0. Rooney's second goal of the game.

83 minute mark: Eagles is hurt and has to come off the pitch. I put Parker on for him.

Game over. 3-0 win for us. Stevanovic's streak comes to an end.

We outshot them 12-6 (8-2 on target)

Rooney finally excels for us! He wins MoM, 10 for form, 16 of 19 passes, 2 of 4 tackles, 4 of 14 headers, 2 interceptions, 2 runs, 1 assist, and 2 goals.

Downing had a 9 for form.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:22 AM   #355
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Christopher Eagles damaged his neck and will be out for about a week.

Millwall has sacked Gary Tippett.

Eric Djemba Djemba played well for Cameroon racking up an assist in a 4-0 win over Malawi in the African Nations Qualifying match.

Tim Howard player well for the USA in their 5-0 win over Saint Martin in the quarterfinals of the North American Gold Cup.

Conor Casey, Landon Donovan, Mighel Jackson, Bobby Convey, and Jemal Johnson all scored for the USA. Freddy Adu was just average.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:29 AM   #356
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 30, 2011 -

Everton have signed Charlton's Scott McDonald for 6 million dollars.

Quique Hernandez has been sacked by Real Madrid.

Akin Serhat has broken his ankle and will miss about 2 months.

Newcastle have signed Jermaine Pennant from Arsenal as a Bosman signing.

Barry Parker rejected my attempt to loan him to Millwall.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:00 PM   #357
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 1, 2011 -

The board is pleased with my performance as manager.

Stewart Downing has won the EPL Player of the Month. Pablo Aimar of Chelsea came in 2nd, and Daniel Bierofka of Aston Villa came in 3rd.

Tottenham's Jason Eaton has won the EPL Young Player of the Month. Jordi of Liverpool came in 2nd, and Mark Robinson of Leicester came in 3rd.

Chelsea's Jose Mourinho has won the EPL Manager of the Month. Bruce Arena of Aston Villa came in 2nd, and Micky Adams of Everton has come in 3rd.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:21 PM   #358
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 2, 2011 -

Today we host Wigan. We are currently 1st in the EPL while they are 19th. Their offense has been anemic, but they have started using Fabrice Begeorgi more. He has 5 goals in 9 games. I really wish their manager would use him more consistently. Mansare only has 5 goals in 20 starts at the same forward position. It will be interesting to see which starts today. Tehir centrebacks Osorio and Wall have been playing well, but Osorio is away on international duty. Paddy Kenny has played well for the team this year in goal. Gary Teale has had a rough year and is starting to show his age.

We are heavy 1-2 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the high 30's.

GK: Barthez (Howard still busy playing for the USA)
DL: O'Shea
DR: Grygera
ML: Duff
MC: Djemba
MR: Mamam
SC: Saha
SC: Adriano (the 19 year old Brazilian striker gets his first start.)

S3: Parker
S5: King
Old 03-23-2005, 05:44 PM   #359
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

I dont have the game open right now (nor will I until I get my notebook-my computer decided to "not work" this morning), what are the regulation spots. 20th is automatically regulated, and 19th and 18th are put in playoffs for against the 2nd and 3rd place teams in the Championship, correct?

Speaking of which, what's the top of the Championship table look like?
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 05:54 PM   #360
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

17 minute mark: Duff passes to Saha in the left half of the box.. he crosses to Adriano in the right half of the box.. Adriano with a blistering shot.. curves.. into the upper right corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 1-0. That is his first goal for our team!

29 minute mark: Abraham Paz takes a free kick from just outside the box.. blasts it into the upper left corner of the net! GOAL. 1-1 tie.

32 minute mark: Fletcher heads a pass to Adriano just outside the box.. hard shot.. upper left corner.. it hits the post and bounces back. Paddy pounces on it.

44 minute mark: Duff with a corner.. Adriano heads it from the middle of the box.. it hits the crossbar.

Halftime: 1-1 tie. We have over 65,000 fans here today.

57 minute mark: Paddy and Wall deflect a flurry of 4 shots by us.

63 minute mark: Duff crosses long to Mamam who heads it into the center of the box for Adriano.. he unleashes a quick hard shot.. upper left corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 2-1. Adriano has 2 goals in his first start!

I sub King on for Saha. I want to get King used to working with Adriano. I think they could be an important duo at striker in our future. I want them to build rapport.

I also sub Cook for Fletcher. Cook looks like he will be an important player in our future. I want him to get used to working with both of our young potential stars.

77 minute mark: Mamam crosses to Adriano.. he heads it.. over the bar.

88 minute mark: Djemba passes to Adriano who heads it to King.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. Paddy dives.. great save.

92 minute mark: Longthorn passes to Begeorgi in the box.. hard shot.. good save by Howard.

Game over. 2-1 win for us. Wigan played us tough, but we overwhelmed them.

We outshot them 27-5 (14-2 on target)

Damien Duff Won MoM, 10 for form, 31 of 34 passes, 3 of 4 tackles, 1 of 5 headers, 3 interceptions, 23 runs, 2 fouls drawn.

Adriano had a 9 for form this match. Mamam had a 10 for form.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:56 PM   #361
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
I dont have the game open right now (nor will I until I get my notebook-my computer decided to "not work" this morning), what are the regulation spots. 20th is automatically regulated, and 19th and 18th are put in playoffs for against the 2nd and 3rd place teams in the Championship, correct?

Speaking of which, what's the top of the Championship table look like?

In the EPL The 18th, 19th, and 20th place teams are relegated. No playoff.

In the English Championship, the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th place teams are relegated. No playoff for them. The 1st and 2nd place teams are automatically promoted. The 3rd through 6th place teams enter into a playoff to see who gets promoted into the EPL. Similar things happen in League One and League Two.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:57 PM   #362
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The EPL is the English Premier League which is one league above the English Championship. The EPL is the top of the heap, so there is no promotion for the top team, just glory.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:00 PM   #363
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Paco Fortes has been sacked by Oldham. Joe Royle the current Tranmere manager is the favorite to take over the job. Oldham is currently 20th in League One.

Marseille have sacked Ladislas Lozano. They are 9th in the top league in France currently.

Tim Howard was great, but Brazil overpowered the USA 2-0 in the North American Gold Cup semi-final. Brazil will play Mexico in the final.

Howard had 13 saves, as Brazil outshot the USA 24-10 (15-7 on target)
Old 03-23-2005, 06:01 PM   #364
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh yeah, I know that. I was curious as to what the regulation/promotion between the EPL and Championship was, which you answered to preheps my poorly stated question.

Actually, you get lot more then glory-money, and Champions League group stage automatic qualification.

Good point. The money and Champions League qualification will be very nice
Old 03-23-2005, 06:01 PM   #365
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
The EPL is the English Premier League which is one league above the English Championship. The EPL is the top of the heap, so there is no promotion for the top team, just glory.

Oh yeah, I know that. I was curious as to what the regulation/promotion between the EPL and Championship was, which you answered to preheps my poorly stated question.

Actually, you get lot more then glory-money, and Champions League group stage automatic qualification.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:29 PM   #366
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 5, 2011 -

Jamie Cook and Bob Wright have been called up to the England U21 squad to face Norway U21 squad.

Today we travel to play Aston Villa in the EPL. This is a televised match. They are currently in 3rd place. We are currently in 1st place. Aston Villa's left winger Daniel Bierofka has played very well this year. Centreback Liam Ridgewell has been very good. Midfielder Gilberto has been excellent. Luke Moore has been a top flight striker and has 16 goals on the year. Robbie Keane has been a good secondary striker and has 10 goals. Their keeper, Leo Franco, has been very good this year.

We are even odd favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the high 40's.

DL: Chivu
MR: Mamam
SC: McFadden
SC: Rooney

S3: Stevanovic
Old 03-23-2005, 06:43 PM   #367
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

10 minute mark: Long kick from Barthez to McFadden.. he heads it to Rooney.. Rooney in the box.. shoots.. over the keeper.. just barely wide left.

12 minute mark: Meghni with a corner kick.. Robbie Keane by the near post.. heads it.. into the net. GOAL. Down 1-0.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for them. They are dominating us. They have over 42,000 fans here today.

59 minute mark: Fletcher has picked up an injury. He has to go off. I put Cook in for him. McFadden is tired, I put van Nistelrooy in for him.

Game over. 1-0 win for them. They dominated us in ball possession.

They outshot us 7-4 (1-1 on target)

Downing won MoM, 8 for form, 29 of 37 passes, 2 of 5 tackles, 5 of 11 headers, 8 runs, 2 fouls drawn.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:45 PM   #368
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

That loss means that if Chelsea wins their next match, they will be 3 points ahead of us with 10 games to go

My physio thinks that Lucio needs rest. The 32 year old isn't as infatiguable as he used to be.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:56 PM   #369
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 5, 2011 -

Chelsea won today 3-1 over Blackburn. They are now in 1st place, and we are 3 points behind them in 2nd place.

Southampton is reportedly considering firing Frank Rijkaard.

Tim Howard played well in a 6-0 victory over the British Virgin Islands in the North American Gold Cup. The match secured 3rd place for the USA team. Adu had a hattrick in the game. Donovan had 2 goals, and Jonathan Spector had the last goal. Adu also had an assist and won MoM.

It will be good to get Howard back soon.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:58 PM   #370
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 6, 2011 -

Southampton have sacked Frank Rijkaard. Charlton's manager Steve Bruce is the favorite to take over the position.

16 players have been called up for international duty on Febuary 9th!
Old 03-23-2005, 07:12 PM   #371
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 9, 2011 -

Midfielder Michael Wood scored a goal and Jamie cook played well too in the U21 England Team's 2-0 win over Norway.

Newcastle lost star striker Julio for 2-3 months to a hip injury.

Cristian Chivu played brilliantly for Romania, but they only tied Ukraine 1-1 in a friendly match.

Dalibor Stevanovic scored a goal, but Slovenia lost to Brazil 3-1.

Damien Duff and John O'Shea both played well for Ireland in their 2-2 tie with Germany.

Wayne Rooney assisted on a goal in the 2-0 win of England over Norway. Downing, Ferdinand, and Brown also played well without excelling.

James McFadden and Fletcher played ok for Scotland, but they lost to Sweden 3-0.

Tim Howard played well in a 1-1 tie with South Africa.

Mikael Silvestre played well for France in a 2-0 win over Hungary.

Zdenek Grygera was just average in the Czech Republic's 2-0 loss to Switzerland.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:28 PM   #372
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 13, 2011 -

Today we host Everton in a televised match. We are currently in 2nd place, while they are in 12th place. Fulham and Chelsea will be playing right after us in a televised match. Everton is led by their excellent new keeper Danny O'Brien. Their centreback Anthony Gardner has played well. Zander Diamond has been average at best. Their main scorer has been striker Ciprian Marica who has 15 goals on the year. Andy Reid has been a very good left winger.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the low 40's.

DL: Silvestre
DC: Chivu
SC: King
SC: Adriano (I'm taking a chance starting these two wonderkids.. hopefully the chance pays off like I expect it will.)

S3: Stevanovic
S5: saha
Old 03-23-2005, 07:46 PM   #373
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

39 minute mark: Luke Clark holds Eagles' Jersey.. yellow card for Clark.

42 minute mark: Downing crosses for Adriano.. he heads it.. good save by the keeper.

Halftime: 0-0. They have played turtle all day long, and it is holding us off. We have over 75,000 fans here today.

55 minute mark: Defenders are constantly blocking my shots before they even reach goal.

60 minute mark: Saha on for King. Stevanovic on for Djemba.

83 minute mark: Ferdinand with a long pass to Adriano who catches up to it just outside the box.. he plays a perfect cross to Saha.. he heads it.. the keeper saves it.

87 minute mark: Downing crosses to Adriano.. he heads it.. wide left.

91 minute mark: Saha crosses to Fletcher from the left side of the box.. he heads it.. over the bar.

Game over. They played turtle all day and held us to a 0-0 tie. I feel the EPL Title slipping through our hands. Fortunately, we still play Chelsea, and Arsenal still plays them. Hopefully, one or both of us can trip them up.

We outshot them 10-0 (4-0 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 9 for form, 20 of 23 passes, 2 of 2 tackles, 3 of 6 headers, 15 runs, 2 fouls drawn.

YES!!! I just got word that Fulham tied Chelsea. We remain 3 points behind them and continue to still have our destiny in our own hands.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:49 PM   #374
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb. 14, 2011 -

Stewart Downing was selected to the EPL Team of the Week.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:59 PM   #375
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Man, I didn't realize the season was already whinning down already, in February. When are your next fixtures in the UEFA Cup and FA Cup? Also, hope to get a standings update soon.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:07 PM   #376
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 17, 2011 -

Joe Royle has left Tranmere to take over the manager's job at Oldham.

Today we travel to play Steaua in the 1st leg of the 1st knockout round of UEFA competition. Steaua are a good Romanian team. They are led by their dynamic striker Rodrigo Palacio who has 14 goals on the year. Left winger Ranisav Jovanovic has 7 goals on the year. Right winger Miguel Romero also has 7 goals on the year. Tehir keeper Gameschi Gabz has played well this year. Their centrebacks have been average at best. Juan Manuel Herbella will have to have a superb game if he is going to shut down my strikers.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's windy with temperatures in the mid 60's.

GK: Howard returns to the lineup.
MC: Stevanovic
SC: Adriano

S1: Barthez
S3: O'Shea
S6: Mamam
S7: Downing
Old 03-23-2005, 08:08 PM   #377
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Man, I didn't realize the season was already whinning down already, in February. When are your next fixtures in the UEFA Cup and FA Cup? Also, hope to get a standings update soon.

Funny that you should mention the UEFA cup

Also, I was planning on doing a League Table update after our next game.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:12 PM   #378
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

You answered my question.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:30 PM   #379
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: Romero with a hard free kick.. it deflects off Chivu.. into our goal! Chivu is charged with an own goal Down 1-0.

15 minute mark: Filip Emilan gets a yellow card for unfairly jumping with Chivu.

23 minute mark: Eagles is hurt.. he looks hurt bad.. he has to come off. I put Mamam on for him.

27 minute mark: Duff with a corner kick.. Chivu heads it.. great save by the keeper.

38 minute mark: Duff with a corner kick.. Adriano by the near post... heads it.. over the bar.

40 minute mark: Saha steals it from Romero in the box.. dribbles past another defender.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-1.

43 minute mark: Duff dribles up the left side of the pitch.. crosses to Adriano in the middle of the box.. he heads it.. into the upper left corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 2-1.

44 minute mark: Adriano collides with their centreback.. he looks hurt. He is going to have to come off. I put King on for him.

Halftime: 2-1 lead for us. They have over 27,000 fans here today.

52 minute mark: Vijiala Sergiu is pissing me off! He just took out King.. Why is that assassin not getting cards! He has taken out all 3 of my guys tonight! I put van Nistelrooy on for King.

65 minute mark: Stevanovic with a very good pass between two defenders.. into the box.. Saha shoots.. wide right by inches.

81 minute mark: Silvestre steals a pass at midfield.. passes it long to Saha just outside the box.. he dribbles between two defenders.. into the box.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-1.

88 minute mark: van Bistelrooy steals it from Sergiu.. shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. Saha gets the rebound.. shoots.. GOAL!!!! That is his hattrick! 4-1.

Game over. 4-1 win for us.

We outshot them 20-6 (12-1 on target)

Saha wins MoM, 10 for form, 19 of 21 passes, 0 tackles, 2 of 4 headers, 1 interception, 4 runs, 3 goals.

Duff also had a 10 for form. Adriano had a 9.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:32 PM   #380
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Eagles suffered a strained shoulder. He will miss about 5 days.

Adriano also suffered a strained shoulder. He will miss about a week.

Craig King suffered a strained neck, he will miss about 4 days.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:08 PM   #381
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 24, 2011 -

Today we host Steaua in the 2nd leg of the 1st knockout round of the UEFA Cup. We will be playing plenty of starters because it is the correct timing for them to start, and because we don't have another tough match for about 2 weeks. Hopefully, this doesn't turn out to be a mistake in our cup match which occurs in a week.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the high 30's.

GK: Howard
MC: Parker
MC: Cook
SC: Rooney (in superb physical condition.)

S3: Neville
S4: Stevanovic
s5: King
S6: Saha
S7: Grygera
Old 03-23-2005, 09:33 PM   #382
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

8 minute mark: Herbella injures Rooney.. Rooney insists he can continue. I'll be watching him closely.

14 minute mark: cook throws it into to Parker who passes to Rooney in the box.. he draws three defenders.. passes between them to Downing by the far left post.. Downing shoots.. easy goal for him! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

21 minute mark: Downing dribbles past two defenders.. down the left sideline.. crosses to McFadden by the near post.. he heads it... into the upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

25 minute mark: Eagles steals it at midfield.. passes it long to Rooney.. he dribbles into the box.. shoots a fabulous curving shot.. lower right corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 3-0.

37 minute mark: Herbella collides with Downing.. hard hit... in the box.. on McFadden.. Herbella is ejected.. Penalty shot awarded. Lucio steps up to take it.. he powers it into the left side of the net! GOAL!!!! 4-0.

Halftime: 4-0 lead. We are going to crush them for playing unfairly and hurting our guys last game.

47 minute mark: Cook intercepts the ball at midfield.. heads it to Rooney.. he burns two defenders.. dribbles into the box.. fires a shot into the upper left corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 5-0!

65 minute mark: Cook has picked up a minor injury. I put Stevanovic on for him. Eagles is tired, I put Neville in for him. McFadden is hurt, I put King in for him. Rooney will stay in and get a shot at the hattrick.

75 minute mark: Downing dribbles down the left sideline.. burns three defenders.. crosses to the far post.. Rooney with a diving header.. GOAL!!!! 6-0! That is Rooney's hattrick.

80 minute mark: Neville steals it at midfield.. dribbles down the right sideline.. crosses to the far post.. King with a header.. upper left corner! GOAL!!!! 7-0.

89 minute mark: Parker heads away a pass to Rooney in the box.. he blisters a curving shot into the upper right corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 8-0.

Game over. 8-0 win for us. 12-1 win on aggregate. We taught them a valuable lesson. Don't piss off a gorilla.

We outshot them 27-1 (16-0 on target)

Wayne Rooney wins MoM, 10 for form, 10 of 13 passes, 0 of 1 tackles, 3 of 12 headers, 1 interceptions, 4 runs, 1 assist, and 4 goals.

Downing and Eagles also had 10's.

Brown, O'Shea, Ferdinand, and Lucio all had 9's. Cook and McFadden both had 8's.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:36 PM   #383
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We have been given 180,000 dollars for that win.

We will be playing Auxerre in the second knockout round. Auxerre is currently 11th in the French First League.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:49 PM   #384
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 27, 2011 -

Steve Bruce has left Charlton to become the new manager of Southampton.

Liverpool and Chelsea played to a 0-0 tie in the English League Cup Final. Liverpool won 3-1 on penalty shots with John Arne Riise, Andres D'Alessandro, and Djibril Cisse scoring for Liverpool.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:57 PM   #385
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 2nd, 2011 -

Darn. The board is only satisfied with my performance. At least the supporters are very pleased with my performance. The board feels we should be in 1st place, not 2nd place.

Arsenal's Salomon Kalou has won Player of the Month. Adriano of Chelsea came in 2nd. Nicolas Anelka of Arsenal came in 3rd.

Arsenal's Fabrice Plet has won EPL Young Player of the Month. Steve Turner of Everton came in 2nd, and Michael Perry of Blackburn came in 3rd.

Aston Villa's Bruce Arena has won Manager of the Month. Joe Kinnear of Birmingham came in 2nd. Jose Mourinho of Chelsea came in 3rd.

Today we play against West Brom in the fifth round of the English FA Cup. West Bromwich Albion is currently 10th in the EPL. They are relying heavily on the play of left winger Kasper Lorentzen who has been a playmaker in the midfield. They have a dynamic duo of scorers in strikers Michael Chopra and Johan Elmander who each had 14 goals. They have a good defense led by centreback Thomas Gaardsoe. Their keeper Federico Vilar has had some brilliant games.

We are heavy 4-7 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the mid 40's.

SC: Smith

S3: Downing (will come on at halftime if we don't have a lead.)
S4: Stevanovic
Old 03-23-2005, 10:00 PM   #386
weinstein7
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
March 2nd, 2011 -

Darn. The board is only satisfied with my performance. At least the supporters are very pleased with my performance. The board feels we should be in 1st place, not 2nd place.

Damn, that's messed up. This is why I stick to low-expectation teams, otherwise it's just too stressful (yeah, I'm talking about you Jason Kidd)
weinstein7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 10:16 PM   #387
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

10 minute mark: Their defenders are repeatedly stopping my passes before they find the mark.

12 minute mark: Smith steals the ball deep in the enemies' box.. shoots.. the keeper stops it.. Saha goes to shoot the rebound.. he is tackled by a defender.. it rolls to Duff.. he fires the ball into the net! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

20 minute mark: Rio Ferdinand gets a yellow card for a trip on Elmander.

Halftime: 1-0 lead. We have over 70,000 fans here today.

64 minute mark: Saha has picked up a minor injury. I put King on for him.

Djemba is tired too, so I put Stevanovic on for him.

69 minute mark: Duff passes between two defenders to King in the box.. he takes a few dribbles.. shoots.. powerful shot.. the keeper partially blocks it.. it keeps rolling towards the goal... it crosses the goal line! GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Game over. Efficient 2-0 win.

We outshot them 11-4 (4-3 on target)

Damien Duff won MoM, 9 for form, 23 of 30 passes, 2 of 4 tackles, 2 of 5 headers, 2 interceptions, 7 runs, 5 fouls drawn, 1 assist, and 1 goal.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:22 PM   #388
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We were awarded 260,000 dollars for that win.

We will be playing Portsmouth at their stadium in the 6th round of the English FA cup. They are currently 10th in the English Championship and this was clearly the best matchup we could have gotten among the remaining teams. However, I do wonder if I should recall Alfonso or let him possibly play against us in the cup match?
Old 03-23-2005, 10:23 PM   #389
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinstein7
Damn, that's messed up. This is why I stick to low-expectation teams, otherwise it's just too stressful (yeah, I'm talking about you Jason Kidd)

Yeah, managing the big boys does have its downside. Hopefully, we can still manage to win this title.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:33 PM   #390
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar. 4, 2011 -

Managerial Legend Francisco Chaparro has taken over at Real Madrid. The highly respected manager left Malaga to take over the job.

Stewart Downing injured his ankle in practice yesterday. He will miss about a week.

Before our upcoming game, Southampton Supremo Steve Bruce told bbc.co.uk/sport that he was of the opinion that Manchester United can continue their winning ways and that they would have to be taken seriously as contenders for the championship this season. Bruce admitted that his side will be unlikely to win or even draw in the upcoming match.

March 5th, 2011 -

Today we travel to play Southampton. They are currently 12th in the EPL, but they are riddled with injuries. Their star left winger, American Bobby Convey, is out for this game. Their best striker James Beattie is doubtful. Their keeper, Antti Niemi is doubtful. Their midfielder Giovanni van Bronckhorst is out for this game. Their right fullback Stephen Carr is doubtful. Their striker Matthew Amoah is out for this game. Their centreback Danny Higginbotham is out. Their third striker Robbin Kleft is out. They have 4 other players that are doubtful. It will be interesting to see who they do play. The best player that is fully healthy is right winger Christoph Preub.

We are 4-5 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the mid 40's.

MC: Stevanovic
MC: Parker
SC: Rooney

S3: Adriano (I need to remember to get him into at least 75% of our games.)
S4: Mamam
S5: Silvestre
Old 03-23-2005, 10:58 PM   #391
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

8 minute mark: Eagles crosses to Duff in the box.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. McFadden with the rebound.. hard shot.. the keeper blocks it.

13 minute mark: Rooney is called for being offside.. he is angry.. he kicks the ball away in frustration! Yellow card for Rooney.

33 minute mark: Stevanovic passes it to McFadden in the box.. hard shot.. lower right corner.. the keeper blocks it.

37 minute mark: Stevanovic with a hard curving shot.. the keeper blocks it.

38 minute mark: Lucio passes to Duff in the left half of the box.. he shoots a hard shot.. upper left corner of the goal.. it's past the diving keeper.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

41 minute mark: Duff passes to McFadden in the box.. hard shot.. the keeper saves it.

44 minute mark: Duff crosses to the far side of the box.. Rooney heads it.. the keeper blocks it.. Eagles gets the rebound.. kicks it.. right over the keeper's shoulder. He didn't have time to recover from Rooney's header. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Halftime: 2-0 lead. They have over 32,000 fans here today.

61 minute mark: Rooney is tired and has that yellow card, I pull him for Adriano. Eagles has picked up a minor injury, I put Mamam on for him.

88 minute mark: Stevanovic passes it up to McFadden.. he shoots.. powerful curving shot.. it curves wide right by a small margin.

Game over. 2-0 win for us.

We outshot them 15-14 (9-6 on target)

Duff won MoM, 9 for form, 29 of 35 passes, 4 of 6 tackles, 3 of 9 headers, 2 interceptions, 8 runs, 1 goal.

Post Match Info:

Wes Brown strained his neck and will miss 5 days.

Chelsea beat Sunderland 2-1 and remains in 1st place. We have 8 games left to catch them (including a game against them.)
Old 03-23-2005, 11:04 PM   #392
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Today, I wake to see these standings on soccer.net:

It looks like it will be a three team race with Liverpool having a slim chance of creeping back into the title hunt.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:12 PM   #393
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

With 8 games to go, if we win every game we can guarantee ourselves the title.

Our 8 opponents are:

1. West Brom at home. That should be an easy win.

2. Chelsea on the road - A very tough match. If we win this, I like our chances at winning the title.

3. Newcastle at home - I like our chances, but it won't be easy.

4. Tottenham on the road - Another potential stumbling block.

5. Manchester City at home - This should be a win for us.

6. Bolton on the road - Should be a win.

7. Birmingham at home - Should be a win.

8. Liverpool on the road - Will be a very tough match. It would stink if they cost us the title.

Chelsea has the following schedule:

1. Arsenal on the road - Could be very tough for them.

2. Us at home - We can beat them.

3. Wigan on the road - should be an easy win.

4. Aston Villa at home - Might be tough, but I think they will win at home.

5. Everton on the road - Should be a win for Chelsea.

6. Southampton at home - Should be a win.

7. West Brom on the road - Should be a win.

8. Reading at home - Should be a very easy win.

In summary, I think we have 4 tough games out of the 8. Chelsea only has 3 tough games. I think we have to beat them, or we will lose the title.

I'm not going to break down Aston Villa because (perhaps foolishly) I think they will finish behind us and Chelsea.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:37 PM   #394
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Come on United, Wigan!

Liverpool, and more so, Arsenal, have really fallen. Aston Villa going to be another Southampton next year, or are they for real?

Last edited by SunDancer : 03-23-2005 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:58 PM   #395
weinstein7
High School JV

You know, when you look at standings like this, it really is quite striking how different the leagues are from parity-driven American leagues. Does anyone who follows European football know if there has ever been a substantial effort by the smaller clubs to level the playing field?

Last edited by weinstein7 : 03-23-2005 at 11:59 PM.
weinstein7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 02:00 AM   #396
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Good grief, man. There be some serious funny money tossed about in the current version. Craziness.

And, c'mon, you can't let them Sp*rs mess up your title run. It'd be . . . embarassing.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 08:03 AM   #397
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Come on United, Wigan!

Liverpool, and more so, Arsenal, have really fallen. Aston Villa going to be another Southampton next year, or are they for real?

I wouldn't mind it if Wenger finally retires from Arsenal

As for Aston Villa, I suspect they will fall some next year. However, I think they will be in the top half of the table at least.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:04 AM   #398
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
Good grief, man. There be some serious funny money tossed about in the current version. Craziness.

And, c'mon, you can't let them Sp*rs mess up your title run. It'd be . . . embarassing.

I completely agree
Old 03-24-2005, 10:11 PM   #399
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

How have the mega-transfer deals work out in general? Have you notice certain trends?
Old 03-25-2005, 10:23 AM   #400
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar. 7, 2011 -

O'Shea, Lucio, and Duff were all named to the EPL team of the week.

Sundancer, I haven't been following all of the mega transfer deals, but certainly Downing has worked out very well for me. He is leading the EPL in average form, and we are a better team when he plays. As far as my other big money signings, they were mostly for the future. King looks good, but not quite ready to play regularly. Adriano looks to have even better potential. He will have to play to meet his WP requirements. I've been very happy with my big money signings. Arsenal seems to be doing well with their new right winger that has them winning a bit more, and he won the EPL Player of the Month last month.