Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-01-2007, 09:59 PM   #301
molson
General Manager

WORLD CLASS WRESTLING (TV TAPING)
Tuesday, Week 2, December 1983
Fort Worth, TX. 5,000 SOLD OUT

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Villano III defeated Ken Mantel in 11:47 by pinfall. (B+). Villano III looked good. After the match, Villano III grabbed a mic and complained about being on the pre-show for the 2nd straight TV taping. He said he's by far the most talented wrestler in WCCW, and demands better competition. (C) Villano then celebrates the victory in the ring with a cigar. (C)

-Backstage, Fritz Von Erich stated that the TV Title tournament will continue tonight. Last week, Kerry Von Erich advanced, tonight, the winner of the match between participants drawn at random will face Kerry in the semi-finals. Fritz draws the two names out of a hat - first, Brian Adias. His opponent - Kevin Von Erich. (C+)

-Michael Hayes interrupts Fritz back stage to complain about not having any title shots lined up against David. Hayes said he's the most dynamic man in WCCW, has been right in the middle of the David/Backlund feud, "patiently" waiting for his shot at the gold. (B-)

-WCCW TV Title Tournament, 1st Round Match
Kevin Von Erich defeats Brian Adias in 5:40 by submission to advance in the tournament (C). This sets up a Kevin v. Kerry semi-final match - which will be only the second time that Von Erich brothers have faced off.

-The announcers hype the first match booked for Christmas Star Wars: a Iceman Parsons v. Chris Adams rematch. (C+)

-Manny Fernandez defeated Al Perez in 3:36 by pinfall. (C+). Manny looked good. After the match, Frank Dusek suddenly attacked Manny from behind. The announcers point out that Dusek had unsuccessfully tried to cash in on Brian Adias' $100k bounty earlier this week. Manny quickly repels Dusek, and throws him from the ring. (C). Manny Fernandez than cuts a promo hyping himself, inviting anyone who wants to try to cash on Brian Adias' bounty to give it their best shot. (B-)

-WCCW World Tag Team Tournament, 1st Round Match
-Winner to face Mike Von Erich & Ricky Morton in Semi-Finals.
Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware defeated The Sheepherders in 9:58 when Eaton pinned Miller, to advance in the tournament. Eaton looked good. (B+)

-Bob Backlund defeated Ricky Morton in 12:30 by pinfall. (B). After the match, Backlund cut a lengthy, rambling promo lamenting his loss to David Von Erich last week, and saying he was cheated as the result of Kerry Von Erich's interference. (C+)

-Adrian Adonis came out to the ring, looking happy. He says he isn't surprised Bruiser Brody didn't show up last week, after finally getting a match scheduled with Adonis. Adonis calls Brody a coward, and says he has a "feeling" he won't be here tonight either. (C+) Adonis then says he knows the fans have bought their tickets to see him wrestle, so he offers an open challenge to face anyone in the dressing room. Skandor Akbar can barely hold back his laughter, and the announcers speculate that the two have must have set something up. (C+). Villano IV them comes out to accept the challenge - the fans and announcers seem disappointed, Adonis and Akbar look pleased. (D). Suddenly however, Bruiser Brody appears and attacks Villano IV with a chair, and then enters the ring. (D+). Brody grabs a mic and accuses Adonis of orchestrating his absence last week. He explains that someone slashed the tires of his car, and canceled his hotel reservations, but now he's here, and Fritz has booked the match to happen right now. (B-)

-Bruiser Brody defeats Adrian Adonis in 20:54 by pinfall in a wild brawl. (B).

Overall Show Rating: B-

THOUGHTS:

-Solid show, our national popularity will continue to increase.

-This was the blowoff match to the Brody/Destruction Inc. fued, I'm not sure where any of those guys go from here. A "B" rated match is fine, but Brody still hasn't had his definitive WCCW match yet. There's certainly some candidates on the roster though.

-Backlund v. Morton was just as good as the main event (and was as good as most of the Backlund/David matches). Morton is showing great potential.

-Manny carries Al Perez to the latter's best ever match. Perez is a huge bargain at $150/show if he can be carried like that.

-It was an excellent start to the tag team title tournament, with Koko/Eaton and The Sheepherders having the best match on the show. It was also the best-rated tag team match in WCCW for both teams.

-Villano III once again delivers, with a B+ match with Ken Mantel. That's Mantel's best match out of his 60 WCCW matches thus far in the dynasty.

-2 Face v. Face matches have now been setup in our two ongoing tournaments. To recap:

WCCW Television Title Tournament
(Winners in Bold)

Kerry Von Erich
Buddy Jack Roberts

Brian Adias
Kevin Von Erich

Manny Fernandez
Chris Adams

Iceman Parsons
Jimmy Garvin

WCCW Word Tag Team Championship Tournament
(Winners in Bold)

Mike Von Erich & Ricky Morton
BYE

Koko B. Ware & Bobby Eaton
The Sheepherders

Jimmy Garvin & Michael Hayes
BYE

Kerry & Kevin Von Erich
King Kong Bundy & The Great Kabuki
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:27 PM   #302
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Our first major injury took place at the show last night, as Ken Mantel suffered a torn rotator cuff. He's going to be out for an entire year. Sure, it could have been a guy higher up on the roster, but Mantel was valuable for his written $1,000/show written contract (which he has about 2 months left on). If the game lets me use him as a manager or road agent, I will, but if he's off the show entirely, I'll just release him.

-Backlund and Adonis complained of exhaustion after the last show. With Backlund, it's nothing new. As far as Adonis, he did wrestle a 20+ minute match with us, but he also wrestled 3 times last week, in 3 different countries, once with us, once with New Japan, and once with Maple Leaf Wrestling.

-Bruiser Brody and Tiger Mask both were late to the last show. It's a first offense for both, so both get a warning.

-Kerry and David (along with Ted Dibiase, Randy Savage, Tully Blanchard)
have all rejected the WWF once again.

-Our TV show gets a 0.52 rating. That's down .01 from last week. Our tv contract is only for 3 months, so the decision will be whether to cancel the contract then and try to get a better time slot.

-I try to bring Gordon Solie in again, and once again Fritz caps out the offer at a few hundred less than Gordon is willing to come in for. That's good news for Bill Mercer.

-Greg Valentine wins the NWA United States Championship for a 3rd time, defeating Ricky Steamboat, who held the belt for almost 4 months and 21 title defenses.

-Buddy Roberts, who's contract is up in a couple of weeks, has resigned from $1400/show, a significant raise from his current $800/show. He's still something of a bargain, but we really need find some lower cost talent to fill out shows.

Last edited by molson : 07-01-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:32 PM   #303
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I'm playing the game using Florida Championship Wrestling and I'm not at all suprised that they're going under. Their roster is fairly solid to start out, but they have so many bad contracts and such limited money to start that without a lot of work the promotion runs itself into the ground quick.

Still reading. Still a great dynasty.

Ya, I've definitely read that DOTT provides varying level of difficulties - Georgia is another one that I've heard is almost impossible.

I think WCCW is probably one of the easier ones - Regional status is right there for the taking, you have the loyalty of the Von Erichs, and a good relationship will many of the other promotions (which allows talent trades, if one wants to rely on that route to expand), and you can make money pretty easily in Texas.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:16 PM   #304
molson
General Manager

THE STARS OF WORLD CLASS ON TOUR
Monday, Week 3, December 1983
Pasadena, TX (Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 2,675. Ticket prices: +4$ over default
Actual Attendance: 2,000 - SOLD OUT

-Some new info in the heading above, as for the first time, I'm playing with the default ticket prices. In the past, when I have an expected attendance of something like "2,675", I would just run a 2,000 seat venue as to not waste money on a larger arena. Obviously, I should be able to charge a few dollars more per ticket than the default, and still get that sell-out. That's the plan anyway, and I need every dollar I can get.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Iceman Parsons defeated Al Perez in 5:33 by pinfall. (C). After the match, Parsons hyped his match at Christmas Star Wars next week against Chris Adams. (C-). Parsons plans to finally shut Adams up.

-Michael Hayes defeated Tommy Rogers in 8:32 by pinfall. (C-)

-Fritz Von Erich came to the ring, stating he has a major announcement about next week's December Star Wars Event. Fritz says that WCCW will crown its first-ever "King of the Texas Deathmatch", following the first annual, one-night, single-elimination, King of the Texas Deathmatch tournament. Fritz says that 4 competitors will face off in the tournament, in a series of No-DQ, No-Countout, anything-goes brawls where the only way to defeat your opponent is to beat him so badly, he can't answer a 10-count. Fritz says the participants will include 4 of the best brawlers in the world: Terry Funk, Bruiser Brody, The Great Kabuki, and Manny Fernandez. (B)

-Adrian Adonis & The Sheepherders, along with Skandor Akbar, hype their upcoming Six-Man Tag Title defense. (D+)

-WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match
Adrian Adonis & The Sheepherders defeat Mike Von Erich, Ricky Morton & Tiger Mask in 7:46 when Adonis pinned Mike. (C+). Destruction Inc. makes their 3rd defense of their titles. Tiger Mask looked good, Mike was tiring towards the end of the match.

-Kevin & Kerry Von Erich came out to hype their upcoming first round match in the WCCW World Tag Team Championship Tournament. Kerry also mentions that he's looking forward to his match against Kevin in the TV Title tournament to take place in a few weeks. There's obviously some tension. (B-)

-WCCW World Tag Team Championship Tournament - First Round Match
Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeat King Kong Bundy & The Great Kabuki in 10:35 when Kevin pinned Bundy. (C+). The Von Erichs advance to the semi-finals to face Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin.

-Bob Backlund came out to hype his upcoming 30-minute iron man match with David Von Erich. Backlund said he insisted upon this stipulation, so that David can't get one cheap fall over him like he has in the past. (B-)

-WCCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
-30-Minute Iron Man Match (most falls wins)
David Von Erich drew with Bob Backlund in 30:00 when both participants managed one fall during the match. Backlund got the first fall, David the second. (B). The match suffered due to lack of selling. David makes his 1st defense of the World Title.

-After the match, a frustrated Backlund leaves the ringside area. David holds his belt high in the ring, saying that Backlund may be able to hang with him for 30 minutes, and he respects that, but the only way anyone's getting the gold from David is to defeat him, and he doesn't think there's anyone in WCCW who can do that. (B-) Michael Hayes then comes to the ring to confront David. Hayes asks why David hasn't bothered to offer Hayes a title match. (B) Hayes then claims that he's the reason that David's the champion in the first place, because it was his "botched interference" that cost Backlund the title at Thanksgiving Star Wars. Hayes claims that it was all intentional, because he knew that Fritz would never give Hayes a title shot against Backlund. David says Hayes is full of crap, and challenges him to a title match at Christmas Star Wars. (C+)

Overall Show Rating: B

THOUGHTS:

-Another strong show, and we managed a sell-out even with the extra $4 per ticket, which means my attention to detail netted us $8k.

-Backlund & David had their usual strong match, and now Michael Hayes will get the next shot. However, Backlund isn't done with this angle yet.

-The WCCW World Tag Team Title Tournament Semi-Finals are set: Koko & Eaton v. Mike & Ricky Morton, and Kevin & Kerry v. Hayes & Garvin. Of course, there's also that Kevin/Kerry semi-final match setup in the TV title tournament, so there will be some Von Erich tension teased for the 2nd or 3rd time in the dynasty.

-The "King of the Texas Deathmatch" will be an annual December tournament, joining April's annual "King of Texas Wrestling" tournament. What can I say, I'm obviously a mark for tournaments. I'm not sure how well the blood and gore will go over with the WCCW crowd, but they're going to get it anyway.

Last edited by molson : 07-02-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:25 PM   #305
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Bob Backlund is exhausted once again after the show. He's somehow avoided injury thus far, but don't know how long he can keep it up.

-Jim Duggan arrived late for the last show. Since he only has one apperance left on his loan contract, and it's taken me forever to get those 3 appearances in, I go ahead and fire him for his transgression. Hopefully the rest of the locker room takes note.

Last edited by molson : 07-02-2007 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:05 PM   #306
molson
General Manager

Tuesday, Week 3, December 1983
Dallas, TX. (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 5,352; Ticket Prices: +$4 over default
Actual Attendance: 5,000 - SOLD OUT

-Pre Show Dark Match
Bob Backlund defeated Tiger Mask in 17:46 by pinfall. (B+). The match suffered from a lack of selling.

-Terry Funk defeated Buddy Landell in 13:36 by submission. (C+).

-Brian Adias, Gary Hart, and The Great Kabuki are shown talking backstage. They appear to be talking about the bounty Adias & Hart placed on Manny Fernandez. (C)

-David Von Erich defeated Al Perez in 5:19 in a non-title match. (C+). David looked good. After the match, David brought up the challenge he made to Michael Hayes at last night's show for a title match at Christmas Star Wars. (B). Michael Hayes then comes out to confront David, repeating his claims from last night that he intentionally cost Bob Backlund the world title so that he could get a world title match against David, (since WCCW would never get behind a Hayes v. Backlund title match). (B)

-Backstage, The Great Kabuki challenges Manny Fernandez to a match to take place tonight - he intends to cash in on Brian Adias' $100k bounty. The announcers mention the history between these two in WCCW, and point out that they are also scheduled to face off in the first round of the 4-man King of the Texas Deathmatch tournament to take at Christmas Star Wars next week. (B). Manny Fernandez then enters the screen and accepts Kabuki's challenge. (B)

-WCCW World Tag Team Tournament - Semi-Final Match
Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware defeat Mike Von Erich & Ricky Morton in 10:37 when Koko pinned Mike. (C) Eaton & Koko advance to the finals of the tournament. Eaton looked good.

-Backstage, Brian Adias cuts a promo with The Great Kabuki and Gary Hart by his side. Adias says that Kabuki has beaten Manny before, and tonight, he'll beat him within an inch of his life, and Adias will finally be rid of his "Manny problem". (D+)

-WCCW Television Championship Tournament - First Round Match
-Chris Adams comes out to do color commentary.
Iceman Parsons defeated Jimmy Garvin in 7:36 by pinfall to advance to the semi-finals of the tournament. (C+). The two showed poor chemistry. During the match, Adams viciously insults Parsons from the announce desk, hyping their match at next week's Christmas Star Wars event. Adams also says his road to the TV title just got a lot easier, because Parsons will be his semi-final opponent once he "dispatches" of Manny Fernandez next week in his 1st Round Match. (B+)

-Piper's Pit
Roddy Piper debuts his talk show, Piper's Pit, to WCCW. He announces his first guest - the former WCCW Texas & American Heavyweight Champion - Bob Backlund. Piper does all of the talking - occasionally asking Backlund questions, but then pulling the mic away before Backlund can answer. Backlund eventually gets frustrated, tips over a stool, and leaves. (C+)

-Manny Fernandez hypes his upcoming match with The Great Kabuki, and assures the fans that Brian Adias' money is safe - Kabuki isn't cashing in on any bounty tonight. (B-)

-Manny Fernandez defeated The Great Kabuki in 16:48 by DQ when Kabuki sprayed green mist into Fernandez' eyes. (B+). The announcers point out that such conduct would be completely legal in their Texas Deathmatch next week at Christmas Star Wars. After the match, Kabuki attempts to continue the attack, in an obvious attempt to cash in on the bounty, but Manny, still blind from the mist, gets a hold of Kabuki and slaps a submission hold on him. (B)

Overall Show Rating: B-. The show was a success, it should have increased our popularity.

THOUGHTS:

-This was a pretty low-key show leading up to December Star Wars next week, built around the Manny/Kabuki main event. Kabuki/Manny has been one of our great rivalries - they've wrestled 8 times, with Manny winning 4 times, Kabuki winning 3 times, and one draw. Tonight's match was their highest rated.

-The debut of Piper's Pit didn't go as well as I hoped. Piper still has limited popularity with the Texas crowd. But I definitely foresee a Piper/Backlund feud down the road.

-Two more tournament matches tonight - in the tag team tournament, Koko & Eaton will face the winner of Kerry/Kevin and Hayes/Garvin for the belts. Meanwhile, the TV Title tournament will feature Kerry v. Kevin in the semi-finals, along with Parsons v. the Adams/Manny winner. Adams' little segment insulting Parsons on guest commentary was very well received. I'd love to develop Adams into a "home grown" superstar.

-Buddy Landell has been the forgotten man in WCCW, he survived the recent cuts because he shows great all-around talent for a 22-year old. Tonight he gets a lengthy match with Terry Funk, and the results were OK.

-Since I was paying Backlund to be in that Piper's Pit segment anyway, I decided to use him on the pre-show for an "experimental" match with Tiger Mask. I'm curious whether Backlund and Tiger Mask ever had a match in real life, but I'm guessing not (but I'd like to see it if they did). And of course, the have an awesome match.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:44 PM   #307
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Ken Mantel and Jim Duggan are officially released from their contracts. I hope to see Mantel back in WCCW sometime down the road, after his injury heals.

-Bob Backlund once against complained of exhaustion after the last show - perhaps using him in an 18 minute dark match wasn't the greatest idea.

-Terry Funk has left AJPW, meaning he only works for us and Mid-Atlantic

-Roddy Piper arrived late for the last snow. He's given a warning.

-Our TV show gets a .50 rating, our lowest of our 3 shows with the national carrier. I'm pretty annoyed that our ratings are that low, but I guess that goes with the midnight time slot. I have no idea if this jump to national tv is helping our bottom line at all, I'll get a better sense of that at the end of the month. But the bottom line is, national tv is necessary to increase our overness throughout the country, and of course, to get to national status.

-Stan Hansen has suffered a back injury that will keep him out about 3 months. He's currently working for All-Japan and Georgia - his loyalty to All Japan is keeping him from wanting to stretch his commitments any further, otherwise, he'd have been in WCCW a long time ago.

-The WWF has signed Magnum TA, Buddy Rose, Scott Irwin, and Butch Reed. Just to take a look at what the WWF is doing, their main eventers are currently Hulk Hogan (as a heel), The Junkyard Dog, Paul Orndorff, Sgt. Slaughter, Pedro Morales, Andre the Giant (as a heel), and Larry Zbyszko. Their Upper Midcarders are The Invaders (the tag team champs), David Schultz (I-C Champ), Michael Hayes, Scott Irwin, Rocky Johnson, and Bob Backlund.

-Manny Fernandez is apparently making waves in our own locker room again, talking about how he's "carrying" WCCW.

-Mike Von Erich has been re-signed for another 9-months, at $600/show, a very modest increase from his current $500/show. Mike's still only 19 years old. I wouldn't say he's shown great potential, but I'll think he'll do more for me than he did in real life.

-I negotiate with Jim Cornette for employment, but he wants a little too much money - $1,800/show. I'll stick with the two potential heel managers I picked up in the last few weeks but haven't used yet - Amman Hussein and Boris Malenko. One of the issues in this game is that managers don't seem to increase in popularity. Thus, the best managers are the guys who have some popularity left over from their wrestling days - thus guys like Jim Cornette aren't as valuable, at least in my view.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:58 PM   #308
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 4, December 1983
San Antonio, TX (Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 2,676. Ticket prices: +$6 over default
Actual Attendance: 1,997 (2,000 Capacity)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Frank Dusek defeats Tommy Rogers in 7:50 by pinfall. (D+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Barry Orton defeats Al Perez in 4:57 by pinfall. (D). After the match, Harry Frehley interviewed Barry Orton about his victory. (E+)

-Buddy Landell came out to hype his upcoming match with Villano III. (C+)

-Villano III defeated Buddy Landell in 12:12 by pinfall. (B). After the match, Villano repeated his open match - if any man in WCCW can pin him or make him submit, he'll take his mask off. (C+)

-Kerry & Kevin cut a promo hyping their upcoming match with the Villanos, as well as their WCCW World Tag Team Championship Semi-Final match against Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin to take place at the TV taping tomorrow night. There still seems to be a moderate amount of tension between the two as their TV title tournament semi-final match looms as well. (B-)

-Kerry & Kevin Von Erich defeat Villanos IV and V in 7:07 when Kerry pinned Villano V. (C-) Kevin & Kerry looked good. Kerry dominated the action, seemingly refusing to tag his brother in at all during the match. After the match, Kevin and Kerry could be seen arguing in the ring. (C+)

-Buddy Jack Roberts hyped his upcoming match with David Von Erich. He claims he'll "soften" David up for his title match with fellow Freebird Michael Hayes at Christmas Star Wars. (B).

-David Von Erich defeats Buddy Roberts in 12:48 by pinfall in a non-title match. (B-) After the match, David again hyped his upcoming title match with Michael Hayes at December Star Wars. (B)

-Manny Fernandez came out for tonight's main event match, and hyped his victory The Great Kabuki at last night's TV taping. Manny stated that Frank Dusek, King Kong Bundy, and The Great Kabuki have all tried to cash in on Adias' bounty, and have all failed. Manny tells Adias to give it up and face him like a man. (B-)

-Bruiser Brody & Manny Fernandez drew with Terry Funk & The Great Kabuki in 21:49 by Double Disqualification after the referee lost control of the match. (B+). This was a preview of the King of the Texas Deatchmatch tournament, featuring all 4 of that tournament's participants. After the match, the 4 men continued to brawl all over the ringside area, using available weapons (ring staircase, chairs, etc.) (B+)

Overall Show Rating: B- (This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity).

THOUGHTS;

-The fans taking to the main event was a good sign, since they'll see 3 matches featuring those guys at the Christmas Star Wars event.

-Buddy Roberts hasn't done much since he came out the loser in his feud with Kevin, but he gives a solid interview here, then has a good match with David. He's got an outside shot of being the world title picture if everything falls right - he's been solid for me since day 1.

-I haven't made a decision about what, if anything, the Kerry/Kevin tension will lead to, but Kerry's definitely been positioned as the potential bad guy.

-Villano III has yet another solid match - for Buddy Landell, it's his best match with WCCW.

NEWS

-The $6 increase in ticket prices was a little too much for this show, but still, we get only 3 people short of a sell-out. On the downside, there was actually a dirt sheet report about WCCW being "greedy".

-Villano III complains of exhaustion after the show. He's already wrestled 11 matches in December. He'll fall just short of his ridiculous 17-match October.

-Brian Adias arrived late to the last show. Since this isn't the first time, he's fined.

Last edited by molson : 07-05-2007 at 12:07 AM.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:30 AM   #309
molson
General Manager

Tuesday, Week 4, December 1983
El Paso, TX. (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 5,352; Ticket Prices: +$5 over default
Actual Attendance: 4,940

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Tommy Rogers defeat Villano V in 8:36 by pinfall. (D+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Butch Miller defeats Barry Orton in 6:48 by pinfall. (B-)

-Roddy Piper defeats Luke Williams in 7:38 by submission (C-). After the match, Piper grabs a mic and cuts a lengthy promo, mocking Williams and Destruction, Inc. (C). Piper then further celebrates his victory. (D+).

-Video footage taped earlier tonight is shown - Brian Adias is at his locker room, and finds a mysterious envelope with a note inside. He reads it, and looks pleased. (C-)

-Tiger Mask defeats King Kong Bundy in 5:57 by pinfall. (B-)

-Brian Adias comes out, and cuts a promo, hyping his open bounty challenge. (C+). Adias claims he has a big surprise for Manny Fernandez. (C+)

-WCCW TV Title Tournament - First Round Match
Chris Adams defeats Manny Fernandez in 13:59 by DQ, and Manny hit Adams with a pair of brass knuckles that Adams had introduced into the match. (B+) Adams advances in the tournament.

-Kevin & Kerry Von Erich hype their upcoming WCCW World Tag Team Title Semi-Final tournament match with Hayes & Garvin. Kevin & Kerry acknowledge their differences as of late, and the tension that is building for their 1-on-1 match in the TV title tournament. But they claim tonight, they're putting their differences behind them, and will get the job done. (C+)

-WCCW World Tag Team Championship Tournament Match - Semi-Final.
Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin defeat Kerry & Kevin Von Erich in 12:40 by DQ when Kerry lost his temper and struck Hayes with a steel chair. (B-). After the match, Kevin berates Kerry for costing them the match and a chance at the tag titles. Kerry then slaps Kevin once in the face, before leaving the ring. (C+)

-Adrian Adonis cuts a promo hyping his upcoming WCCW World Title Shot against David Von Erich. (C+) David then cuts a promo hyping the match. (B-)

David Von Erich defeats Adrian Adonis in 11:42 by pinfall by submission to make his 2nd defense of the World Title. (A+).

Overall Show Rating: B (This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity).

THOUGHTS:

-Wow - Adonis and David certainly clicked tonight, delivering WCCW's 4th A+ match, and without even an angle behind it. Adonis' highest match rating for us before tonight was a "B".

-The Kerry & Kevin tension rises to a new level tonight, but there's still no plans for an all-out heel turn for anyone just yet.

-Before tonight, Chris Adams had wrestled one "B" level match, with Terry Gordy, otherwise, his highest match rating was a C+. Tonight, he tops that with a B+ match with Manny Fernandez. The TV Title semi-finals are now set - Kerry v. Kevin, and Adams v. Parsons. The Tag Title tournament finals are also set, with Koko & Eaton v. Garvin & Hayes.

-I was pretty shocked with the quality of the random Butch Miller/Barry Orton match on the pre-show. Orton's only been hire than C- once in 1-on-1 matches, and tonight he gets a B-. Butch Miller is clearly the more talented Sheepherder.

Last edited by molson : 07-05-2007 at 01:33 AM.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:34 AM   #310
molson
General Manager

WCCW: Christmas Star Wars
Wednesday, Week 4, December 1983
Expected Attendance: 5,673; Ticket Prices: +$4 over default
Actual Attendance: 4,822

-I made a note for myself to double check any possible conflicts for tonight's show, and yet somehow missed that Terry Funk was booked elsewhere. Thus, he won't be able to take part in the King of the Texas Deathmatch tournament. The fans aren't going to be happy that they're not getting the advertised Brody v. Funk 1st round match.

-It looks like I'm getting a bit of a backlash from experimenting with higher ticket prices. We're almost 200 short of a sellout tonight, after raising prices a mere $4 - a similar ticket hike gave me a sell-out in a similar size arena just 2 weeks ago.

-Pre Show Dark Match
-Eight-Man Tag Team Match
Ricky Morton, Mike Von Erich, Bobby Eaton, and Koko B. Ware defeated Villano IV, Villano V, Super Kendo, and Al Perez in 7:07 when Eaton pinned Kendo. (C-) Eaton looked good.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Buddy Landell defeated Frank Dusek in 5:43 by submission. (C)

-Fritz Von Erich came out and announced that Terry Funk is not in the arena tonight. He says he has booked a replacement opponent for Bruiser Brody in the first round of tonight's King of the Texas Deathmatch tournament - Butch Miller. (C+)

-King of the Texas Death Match Tournament - First Round Match
Bruiser Brody defeated Butch Miller in 8:39 when Miller couldn't beat the 10 count after Brody power-bombed him through a table. (C+)

-Chris Adams hyped his upcoming match with Iceman Parsons. Adams says that what's about to happen to Parsons didn't have to happen. He says that when he "fired" him as a tag team partner, he should have just walked away. Now, Adams says, this match is the last thing between him and moving on to better things. (C+)

-Iceman Parsons defeated Chris Adams in 9:34 when Sunshine interferred on Parsons' behalf. (C+). After the match, an enraged Adams tried to attack Parsons, but Sunshine passed Parsons a chair, which Parsons used to repel the attack. (C+)

-King of the Texas Death Match Tournament - 1st Round Match
The Great Kabuki defeats Manny Fernandez in 17:58 when Fernandez couldn't answer the 10 count. Kabuki sprayed his green mist into Manny's eyes, and then kept his distance from Manny, throwing chairs and other ringside objects, eventually wearing Manny down. (C+). After the match, Manny quickly recovered, and two brawled all the way to the dressing room. (B-)

-Michael Hayes hyped his upcoming title match with David Von Erich. (B+). Hayes says that since he first came to WCCW, he's been the center of every big angle - he's says he's the most entertaining thing WCCW has going, and he deserves to hold the world title. (B+)

Michael Hayes drew with David Von Erich in 14:42 following a Double DQ. The referee called for the bell after he seemed to lose control of the match, but his decision seemed premature - no weapons were actually used, only threatened. (B) Buddy Roberts interfered on Hayes' behalf, behind the back of the referee. David makes his 3rd defense of his title.

-King of The Texas Death Match Tournament Final
-Barbed Wire/Texas Death Match
Bruiser Brody defeated The Great Kabuki in 16:47 when Kabuki couldn't answer a 10 count, after a vicious beating. (C). For this match, the ring ropes were removed, and replaced with barbed wire. The match suffered from a lack of selling. After the match, Brody cut a promo, and accepted the trophy as the 1983 "WCCW King of The Texas Death Match" (B).

Overall Show Rating: C- (This show hurt our popularity overall)

THOUGHTS:

-Obviously, the Terry Funk conflict brutalized our rating, but there were other problems with this show as well.

-Brody/Kabuki was just an awful main event - Brody complained of exhaustion after the event, so that may have been part of it. The "Japanese Barbed Wire" match stipulation may have been a bit much for our fans as well. I'm that the match would be big on the tape trading scene though. Fortunately, Brody closed the show with a good interview, otherwise, we may be looking at a D+ rating or worse.

-This was the 5th David v. Hayes 1-on-1 match since the dynasty started, and this was about the average in terms of match quality. (David has won all 5 matches)

-Parsons gets the surprise win with the help of Sunshine, who has been largely invisible for a while. The feud with Adams is not over yet, however.

Last edited by molson : 07-05-2007 at 02:36 AM.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:47 AM   #311
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Our TV show delivers a 0.53 rating - that matches our highest rating in our 4-week run thus far.

-I'm currently negotiating with Kerry Von Erich, but the talks have been a little strange. Kerry has rejected two days of offers, all of which were higher than what he was asking for. I'll have to play it safe and offer him big money to stay rather than take up to many more days of negotiating - so whatever ploy he's using, it's working - and I'm finally able to resign him at $1,800/show - about $500/show more than his old deal.

-Villano IV is getting positive press in the dirt sheets as a possible break-out star.

-With that comes the end of the 1983. Next up in the wrestling year in review, including awards and top 100 list.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:11 AM   #312
molson
General Manager

1983 YEAR-END AWARDS

-Wrestler of the Year: Bob Backlund
-Young Wrestler of the Year (22 or Under): Terry Gordy
-Veteran Wrestler of the Year (45 or Over): Dr. Wagner
-Female Wrestler of the Year: Devil Masami
-Promotion of the Year: All Japan
-Match of the Year: Gino Hernandez v. David Von Erich (WCCW)
-Card of the Year: Thanksgiving Star Wars (WCCW)

It's certainly nice to see WCCW all over the year-end awards. Bob Backlund, of course, split time between the WWF and WCCW, but it's great to see him on top. And our first ever A+ match, a thrown together time limit draw, ends up as MOTY.

I was looking forward to checking out the yearly "top 100" list, but it's so goofy, that I'm going to ignore it. Adam Ryland (the TEW Developer) has been very defensive about whatever formula he's using for the top 100 list, but I'm sorry, when I see 1983's #1 wrestler as....Ken Mantel, I don't care what the formula is, or what criteria you're using - it doesn't work.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:27 AM   #313
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-4 Debuts in the wresting world: Hillbilly Jim, Mary Jannetty, Barry Darsow, and Nikita Koloff. I request negotiations with Koloff, who seems to be the furthest along of the 4.

-2 New Wrestling Promotions also debuted - POWW - (Powerful Women of Wrestling) in the midwest, and the UWF in Japan (The world's first shoot-style promotion). Both start as "small" status in size.

-Dusty Rhodes has left the sinking ship that is Florida Championship wrestling, leaving the Florida Heavyweight Title vacant (and also the position of Head Booker).

-Ted Dibiase has surprisingly left Mid-South, after so loyally turning down all contract offers for some time. I request negotiations, but I'm not sure I'll make him offer with the current bloated state of our roster. Similarly, Stan Hansen has left All-Japan, a company for whom he has cited loyalty in the past. I also request negotiations with him.

-The Dynamite Kid has also left his employer, Stampede, leaving him unemployed. I request negotiations with him as well - perhaps I can bring Dynamite Kid v. Tiger Mask to the United States.

-Andre the Giant has left the WWF, but that has been in the works for a while. He'll remain with New Japan.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:40 AM   #314
Tellistto
College Prospect

Good stuff, molson! Looking forward to the new year to see how the stories develop!

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:20 AM   #315
molson
General Manager

WCCW - END OF DECEMBER, 1983 - MONTHLY REVIEW

POPULARITY

-Texas/Midsouth: 66.1% (Up from 65.9% last month)
-Midwest: 55.9% (Up from 55.3% last month)
-Southeast: 32.7% (up from 31.1% last month)
-Great Lakes: 31.6%
-Mid Atlantic: 31.6%
-New England: 31.6%
-North West: 31.6%
-Tri-State: 31.6%
-Southwest: 31.5%
-Puerto Rico: 30.4%

Now that we're on national TV, I'm keeping track of our popularity in all 10 of the USA regions. They'll increase at roughly the same rate, independent of any non-televised shows I do in specific regions. Those non-televised shows will still focus on our "big three" regions, but in 1984, I'll probably try to make at least one stop in every US region, and the perhaps the occasional overseas tour. All of the purpose of building my roster's worldwide popularity and setting the table for national status and beyond.

FINANCES

Income (Last month in parenthesis):

Ticket Sales: 614,450 (290.464)
Sponsors: 76,681 (65,309)
Merchandise: 12,400 (16,318)

Expenses:

Worker Costs: 239,079 (176,712)
Show Costs: 113,500 (59,500)
Marketing: 25,000 (25,000)
Merchandise: 35,864 (36,423)
Production: 75,000 (75,000)
Misc: 172,890 (108,093)

Total Profit: $42,198 ($-78,637)
Cash in Bank: $922,101 (879,903)

-After 3 straight months in the red, we make a nice recovery and turn a healthy profit. This was largely based on two things: First, running all 9 shows for the month in Texas. Second, my aggressive ticket increases. I can't continue to run every show in Texas, but it's nice to know that if I need a good month, that's always an option. We all set yet another all time high in worker costs. The top part of our roster is getting more expensive every month, and we're about to start negotiations which some other guys that could cost a fortune: Stan Hansen, Dick Murdoch, Ted Dibiase. I'm probably going to have to make some tough decisions regarding some of the big contract guys who might just not be a great fit for WCCW (i.e. Roddy Piper).

Last edited by molson : 07-09-2007 at 01:53 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:40 AM   #316
molson
General Manager

WCCW CHAMPIONS - End Of December, 1983

-World Heavyweight Champion - 81.8% Prestige
Main Event Title
David Von Erich - 3 Title Defenses, 3-week reign

-Television Champion - 69.9% Prestige (down from 611.0% last month)
Midcard Title
Vacant (Tournament pending, Semi-Final matchups: Kerry Von Erich v. Kevin Von Erich, Iceman Parsons v. Chris Adams

-World Tag Team Champions - 58.5% Prestige
Midcard Title
Vacant (Tournament pending, final match set: Koko B. Ware & Bobby Eaton v. Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin)

-Six-Man Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige (Same as last month)
Midcard Title
Adrian Adonis & The Sheepherders - 3 title defense, 10-week reign

-A big shakeup in the title belts. The Texas Heavyweight Championship and American Heavyweight Titles have been retired, and merged into the new WCCW World Heavyweight Championship. The American Tag Team Titles have been retired, and have been replaced by the World Tag Team Titles. The WWA Heavyweight and WWA Tag Team Titles have also been retired. The title situation has thus been largely simplified. At some port, I'll add a lower-level singles title. The six-man tag titles remain for now, but I'm not a huge fan of them, so they may not be around indefinitely.

-David has spent most of the dynasty as the top champion, and that's likely to continue at least for a while. At some point in 1984 though, I would like to find a guy who can fill the role of dominant long-term heel champion. Bob Backlund has been booked to be very strong, so he's always candidate for that. The newly available guy that I think may be a better fit though, is Stan Hansen.

Last edited by molson : 07-09-2007 at 01:43 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:23 PM   #317
molson
General Manager

WCCW STORYLINES - END OF DECEMBER, 1983

Storylines with participants and date of origin, in order of current heat:

1. Backlund/Hayes v. David; recently evolved, now based on Zybszco/Orndorff feud in Georgia, (David, Backlund, Hayes, Fritz; September)
2. Adias Hires Bounty Hunters to take out Manny (Adias, Manny, Dusek, Kabuki, Funk; October)
3. Kevin v. Buddy (Kevin/Roberts, now evolved to include Mike/Garvin/Mercer; August)
4. Villano III mask challenge; (Villano III, Kerry, Tiger Mask; October)
5. Iceman v. Adams (Parsons, Adams; October)
6. Piper v. Adonis (Adonis, Piper; December)

-Midcarders or higher without current storylines: Bruiser Brody, The Sheepherders, Koko B. Ware, Bobby Eaton, King Kong Bundy, Buddy Landell

-A lot of these storylines have been going on for a while, but that was the norm back in the mid-80s.
-Backlund has been David's nemesis since he joined WCCW about 4 months ago. There's about to be a new twist in the David/Backlund/Hayes saga that should keep this story going for another month or two.
-The "evolved" Kevin/Buddy storyline that involves Mike & Garvin hasn't really started yet, due to Mike being involved in the tag team title tournament. Mike will have yet another opportunity in a big-time storyline. He's rewarded me thus far, showing great improvement over the last year (most notably, Charisma going from E+ to C-)
-Piper v. Adonis hasn't really started yet either, but I'm hoping these guys have the same chemistry they showed in real life. With Piper's high price tag, he has a limited period to impress me.
-Obviously, the odd man out of the storylines right now is Bruiser Brody. He's been a little disappointing for me so far - I'll use this period to try him out in a number of different matches, to get a sense of if he's up for a main event-level feud.

WRESTLER CONFLICTS

-The following wrestlers are unavailable on these days, as they consider these companies priorities over WCCW:

-Bob Backlund (WWF; Sun, Thu, 4th Sat)
-Bruiser Brody (AJPW; Fri)
-Gary Hart (MACW; Wed, Fri, 4th Sun)
-Michael Hayes (WWF; Sun, Thu, 4th Sat)
-Terry Funk (MACW, Wed, Fri, 4th Sun)

-No conflicts for this month that I see. Our big monthly event is "January Star Wars", which will be held the 4th Wednesday this month.

EXCLUSIVE WORKERS

-This is a new little feature to help with booking - these are the on-screen workers who happen to work for no one else but me. I'll try to give them a heavier workload, as they're the least likely to have fatigue issues. These guys are also relatively safer when it comes to talent cuts:

Al Perez
Barry Orton
Bill Mercer
Bobby Eaton
Brian Adias
The Sheepherders
David Manning
David Von Erich
Frank Dusek
Fritz Von Erich
Harry Frehley
Iceman Parsons
Kerry Von Erich
Kevin Von Erich
Marc Lowrence
Mike Von Erich
Precious
Ricky Morton
Roddy Piper
Sunshine
The Great Kabuki
Tiger Mask
Villano V

WRESTLER COMPLAINTS

-Arman Hussein is unhappy about how long it's taken to make his debut
-Bob Backlund is unhappy about how many shows he hasn't been used on.
-Boris Malenko is unhappy about how long it's taken to make his debut
-Manny Fernandez is unhappy about how many losses he's taken
-Ricky Morton is unhappy about how he's been pushed

-There's a lot of whining going on in the locker room. Manny's is the most troubling, when combined with the dirt sheet reports of him causing problems backstage. His contract is up in about a month, it's possible I wave goodbye at that point.

Last edited by molson : 07-10-2007 at 11:29 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:18 PM   #318
BYU 14
Coordinator

Great job keeping this going, very fun read.

Piper/Adonis should be a really hot feud in a matter of a few weeks. I loved Adrian before he become Gaydrian thanks to McMahon!

Last edited by BYU 14 : 07-10-2007 at 11:18 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:49 AM   #319
molson
General Manager

ROSTER, END OF DECEMBER, 1983
With 1983 WCCW W/L records (Records include tag team matches and battle royals)

MAIN EVENTERS

Terry Funk (2-0-1)
Michael Hayes (13-19-7)
Roddy Piper (2-0-0)
Bob Backlund (12-5-2)
Bruiser Brody (12-0-1)
David Von Erich (46-8-7)

-Same group as last month.
-Brody and Piper are the two most expensive guys on the roster, and both of them have been something of a disappointment thus far. Obviously, Brody was hindered with an injury for a while, and now, he's not involved in any storylines. He's certainly been pushed (undefeated in 13 matches), but hasn't stood out yet. Whether Piper will fit in WCCW is still a mystery. He's off the charts in the "entertainment" skills, but WCCW is a little more old-fashion in 1984 then WWF was at the same time. Hopefully Piper's Pit will increase his popularity in our key areas.
-Backlund and David has been a great feud, and one that has finally generated an A+ match for us. Backlund's 5 losses and 2 draws thus far have come against David - he's beaten everyone else. 5 of David's 8 losses have come against Backlund. David is still the ultimate bargain at only $1,000/show for the next 3 months, and he'll continue to be the focus of the company for at least that long.

UPPER MIDCARDERS

Buddy Roberts (14-24-11)
Kevin Von Erich (29-13-11)
Kerry Von Erich (17-12-6)
Adrian Adonis (20-9-1)
Manny Fernandez (20-11-3)
The Great Kabuki (15-15-4)

-My road agent has told me that The Great Kabuki is getting stale - that type of message refers to face/heel alignment rather than gimmick. Unfortunately, Kabuki can't play a face well, so his run in WCCW may be coming to an end.
-As I stated above, Manny is on thin ice, and might not be with the company by the end of the month. He's had a solid run for us, but with our increasing prestige, they're plenty of guys we can bring in who are more happy to be here.
-The Von Erich family war seems on the verge of exploding. Kerry seems to be the rebel of the family at this point - he had issues with David last spring, and now his mini-feud will Kevin will erupt at the first TV taping of the year on Tuesday. Any full-blow Von Erich heel turn however, will be a very slow burn angle.
-Adonis got the big push against David when he came in, and was sputtering a bit after that, but then wrestled an incredible A+ match at the end of the month. Adonis is at the cusp of the main event - he'd a great fit for us.
-Buddy Roberts is still hanging around the upper midcard, and it's not out of the realm of possibility that he get in the world title picture. He's been incredibly consistent for me, and even had an A+ match with Kevin.
-Speaking off Kevin, I'm starting to get the sense that I've been underrating him a bit, as I wonder whether he deserves a shot with the world title.

MIDCARDERS

Villano III (9-2-5)
Luke Williams (14-11-1)
Tiger Mask (3-2-1)
Koko B. Ware (13-8-4)
King Kong Bundy (12-20-0)
Iceman Parsons (19-13-7)
Jim Garvin (16-19-9)
Butch Miller (14-11-1)
Bobby Eaton (14-10-4)
Buddy Landell (6-3-0)
Chris Adams (27-11-4)

-Obviously, the most exciting part of this group is the pending Tiger Mask/Villano III feud, that I hope propels both guys to the upper midcard or beyond. I've been pretty shocked how well they've both gotten over despite extremely limited popularity in our home area. We may be on the verge of bringing in the Dynamite Kid as well.
-The Adams/Parsons feud has been buzzing along, nothing spectacular, but very solid for a midcard feud. My road agent thinks Adams and Gary Hart have awful chemistry, but I'm not willing to split them up yet, since Hart was basically the premise of this entire feud.
-Bobby Eaton and Koko B. Ware have been very impressive since their debut, much more so than the Sheepherders. With both teams out of the storyline mix for now, they're likely to be facing off a lot. Butch Miller may also be given a few more chances in a singles role.
-Landell has been utterly forgotten most shows, but I hope to work him in more in early 1984. He's a solid all-around guy, and still very young.
-King Kong Bundy, on the other hand, is still largely a mystery. He's been mostly a jobber for the last few months due to his limited wrestling ability, but he has a very imposing presence with excellent stats in Looks, Power, and Menace. He'd still be best in a bodyguard role - perhaps I'll use him as a full-time manager/bodyguard with a top heel. (Like a Diesel to Shawn Michaels circa 1995).

LOWER MIDCARDER

Brian Adias (19-25-2)
Mike Von Erich (20-32-6)
Ricky Morton (7-8-1)
Frank Dusek (11-27-6)

-My road agent actually thinks Mike should be moved up to Midcarder, though I think that's a little premature. I'm still having trouble boosting up his stamina, and he still gets tired after about 6-7 minutes in the ring.
-My Road Agent actually thinks Ricky Morton should be an Upper Midcarder, which explains why Morton's so pissed off right now. Mike's about to leave the Mike/Morton team to get involved in the Roberts/Kevin angle, so Morton may have a chance at a singles push a little higher up. I still see him as a tag team guy though - perhaps Morton/Landell will get a shot together.
-My road agent also thinks Adias is overpushed here, but since he's in the middle of a high-profile angle, I'm giving him a shot. He also apparently has bad chemistry with his current manager, Gary Hart.

OPENER

Super Kendo (0-23-0)
Al Perez (0-15-1)
Barry Orton (5-29-1)
Tommy Rodgers (2-9-0)
Villano IV (0-32-0)

-Going with the advice of my road agent, Al Perez is moved up to Opener, and Villano V is moved down.
-Of this group, it's very difficult to see who has the most potential. They'll keep taking their lumps - hopefully someone will eventually stand out.

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Villano V (1-30-0)

-Villano V is the new bottom guy on the totem pole.

OTHERS

Precious
Sunshine
Gary Hart
Boris Malenko
Arman Hussein
skandor Akbar
Bill Mercer
Marc Lowrence
Harry Frehley
David Manning
Bronco Lubich
Fritz Von Erich

-The women of WCCW have clearly faded to the background. Sometimes I forget that Sunshine is still the manager/valet of both Iceman Parsons and David Von Erich.
-I picked up two heel managers last month who still haven't debuted - Arman Hussein and Boris Malenko. They'll both have a chance at managing some lower card guys, to see if we can strike gold in the chemistry department. I'm leaning towards using Hussein with Villano III. Hussein is also a potential candidate to turn face, since he has some past relationship with Gary Hart that could be exploited. If we're able to bring in rookie Nikita Koloff, Malenko may be his manager to start off.
-I haven't thought much about upgrading our road agent situation, but I really should bring another guy in. Lubich has a decent respect rating, but rates only a "C" in psychology, a road agent category which apparently effects match rating.
-Our announcers should also be sweating it out, because i'll be talking with a recently unemployed Lance Russell this week.

Last edited by molson : 07-11-2007 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:35 PM   #320
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 1, January 1984
Jacksonville, FL (Tiny Venue)
Expected Attendance: 657. Ticket prices: default
Actual Attendance: 726 (1,000 Capacity)

-We return to the southeast to start 1984, so the ratings will be lower across the board. We don't need much of a show to improve our popularity here though.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Mike Von Erich defeats Villano IV in 7:39 by submission. (D) Mike was tiring towards the end of the match. The two showed great chemistry.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Buddy Landell defeats Al Perez in 7:48 by submission (D). Perez was tiring towards the end of the match.

-Bobby Eaton defeats Frank Dusek in 5:47 by by pinfall. (C-). Eaton looked good. After the match, Harry Frehley interviewed Eaton about his victory. (D+)

-Fritz Von Erich comes out to the ring. He says that tomorrow night at the TV taping, Chris Adams and Iceman Parsons will face of in a semi-final match in the TV title tournament. Fritz then said he's adding a stipulation to that match. As result of the fact that so many matches between Iceman and Adams have ended outside of the wrestling ring, he's making this match a lumberjack match. (E+)

-Micheal Hayes then comes out to confront Fritz in the ring. Hayes says that a couple of things are pissing him off. First, he says he was robbed of the world title at Christmas Star Wars when the referee called for a Double DQ in his match with David. Hayes implies that there might be something fishy going on between Fritz and the referees to keep David champion. Hayes then states that after such a conclusion, he should be entitled to a 1-on-1 rematch, but instead, he has to wrestle BOTH David and Bob Backlund in a triple match for the title tonight. Hayes calls Backlund "unstable", and says that he's had enough shots. Frtiz largely ignores Hayes, and walks away. (C+)

-Manny Fernandez defeats Super Kendo in 5:57 by pinfall. (C+) Manny looked good. After the match, Bill Mercer interviewed Fernandez. Fernandez mocked Brian Adias' open bounty challenge - Fernandez says he's defeated everyone who's tried to take him out. Fernandez goes on to describe how Adias has been hiding from him for several months now - but he can't run forever. (D-)

-Villano III defeated Ricky Morton in 11:43 by submission. (B) After the match, Kerry Von Erich comes to the ring and stares down Villano III. Kerry says he's accepting Villano III's open match challenge, and he'll take him on tomorrow night at the TV taping. Kerry mentions that while he's getting the feeling that "certain" members of his family don't respect him anymore, he'll shut them up by forcing Villano III to take his mask off. (D)

-King Kong Bundy comes to the ring with Gary Hart. Gary Hart announces that Bundy doesn't have a match tonight, so he's offering an open challenge of his own, to any fan in the arena who thinks they can last 3 minutes with him. A "volunteer" is selected from ringside, and he is quickly squashed by Bundy. (D)

-Terry Funk defeated Koko B. Ware in 13:38 by pinfall. (B)

-Bob Backlund came out and hyped his upcoming Triple Threat match for David's world title. He expresses annoyance at Michael Hayes' recent comments that Hayes intentionally cost Backlund the title so that he could get title shots against David. Backlund says that frankly, he doesn't care about the world title anymore. All he wants to do is make every last man in WCCW submit to his crossface chickenwing. (B-). David Von Erich comes out and briefly hypes the match as well. (C+)

-WCCW World Heavyweight Title Match
-Triple Threat Match (One fall to a finish)
David Von Erich defeated Bob Backlund and Michael Hayes in 14:06 when David made Hayes submit. When Backlund saw David apply the claw to Hayes, he didn't even try to break it up, but instead left to the locker room. (A). David makes his 4th defense of the World Title.

Overall Show Rating: B (This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity).

THOUGHTS:

-Awesome show considering it was in Jacksonville, easily our best ever show in this region.

-Fantastic main event - Backlund and Hayes have some national overness and are known in the Southeast (especially Hayes), so it wasn't terribly surprising. A lot of storyline questions came to the forefront tonight, and the feud itself, like the match, seems to be turning into a 3-way affair.

-The two matches before the main event were also outstanding. Terry Funk and Koko B. Ware both wrestled their best WCCW singles match to date. Koko's very well known in the southeast.

-It doesn't matter what region Villano III is, he delivers again. Kerry accepts the open match challenge, but takes the opportunity to rip Kevin just a little.

-I'm intentionally working some guys to exhaustion on the pre-show. Despite the fact that running a guy longer than he can comfortably go effects the match rating, I read on the TEW boards that this is one way to help improve stamina. So there's going to be a lot of guys sucking wind in the pre-show (where match ratings don't contribute to the overall show rating)

Last edited by molson : 07-11-2007 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:38 PM   #321
Swaggs
Coordinator

Villano III looks like he is going to be a star.

How's his contract situation? Could he be a main eventer by the end of the year?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:02 PM   #322
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Two of the most overused men in wrestling, Bob Backlund and Villano III, are once again exhausted after the last show.

-Bruiser Brody arrived to the show late. He's been fined

-I had requested negotiations with two companies who seems to be on the verge of bankrupcy, and both are willing to talk to be about a buy-out. CWA (Lawler and Jarrett's Memphis territory), and Championship Wrestilng From Florida. Florida has $210k in debt, while CWA has $179,043 in debt. I have about $900k in the bank, so while buying out both is a little tempting, Fritz will fire me if I have less than $225k at the end of April. So that would leave me a little breathing room, but not really as much as I'd like. CWA has D- Prestige, while CWF has C- prestige, so buying out Florida would provide a bigger boost to my own prestige. None of my guys work for either company, so that's not a consideration. The only intriguing talent that becomes immediately available in the event of a buy-out is Jerry Lawler. So just to see if CWA will sell-out for a bargain price, I offer $100k, and then $150k (both are rejected). So I try to pull the trigger on Florida, offering $200k, then $250k, then $300k, then $350k - no deal. I'm not going any higher than that.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:07 PM   #323
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Villano III looks like he is going to be a star.

How's his contract situation? Could he be a main eventer by the end of the year?

He's under contract for another 5 months at a bargain $1,325/show. It's amazing what he's been doing despite being constantly fatigued with his work with both New Japan and UWA in Mexico.

Here's the current long-term plan for him (always subject to change): Get through his current feud with Tiger Mask, then possibly Dynamite Kid if I'm able to get bring him in. At some point, he'll either lose or give up his mask and wrestle under his real name, Arturo Mendoza. Then by spring, he'll be the top guy and champion in an insane cruiserweight division which will feature stars from the around the world. Then main event by summer. But he'll have various matchups with main eventers before then, I'd like to see him reach an "A" match with someone before I make that final huge push.

Last edited by molson : 07-11-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:11 AM   #324
molson
General Manager

Tuesday, Week 1, January 1984
Amarillo, TX. (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 5,352; Ticket Prices: +$2 over default
Actual Attendance: 5,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Villano IV, Villano V, and Super Kendo defeat Tommy Rodgers, Mike Von Erich, and Barry Orton in 9:12 when Kendo pinned Orton. (D). Orton looked off his game, Mike was tiring towards the end of the match. This was the first WCCW win for Super Kendo and Villano IV.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Adrian Adonis defeats Ricky Morton in 6:48 by submission. (C)

-A video is played hyping the upcoming Chris Adams/Icemans Parsons lumberjack match, and recapping their feud - highlighting the several matches they've had that have ended outside the ring, or back in the locker room. (B-)

-WCCW TV Title Semi-Final Match
-Lumberjack Rules.
Chris Adams drew with Iceman Parsons in 9:39 by Double DQ when the referee lost control of the match, and all of the lumberjacks became involved. The match suffered from the lack of selling and psychology. (C+) After the match, and enraged Adams grabs a mic and yells at Parsons for "costing him the TV Title". Adams says that this has gone on far too long, and he challenges Parsons to one final match, at the January Star Wars. This time says Adams, he wants Parsons in a cage match, where the only way to win is pinfall or submission. (B)

-At ringside the announcers point out that as a result of the outcome of the lumberjack match, both Iceman Parsons and Chris Adams have been eliminated from the TV title tournament. Therefore, next week's scheduled semi-final match between Kevin and Kerry Von Erich will now be the final match of the tournament, and the winner will be the new TV champion. (C-)

-Backstage, the cameras catch Michael Hayes talking with Bob Backlund. Backlund looks angry, but Hayes is trying to calm him down. He reaches into his pockets and starts shelling out large denominations of currency to Backlund, whose mood suddenly seems to have changed. The annnouncers speculate as to what's going on - why is Hayes paying Backlund off? The announcers also mention Backlund's comments last night that "he didn't care about the world title anymore" (C+)

-Brian Adias comes to the ring. He says that last week he told Manny he had a surprise for him, and tonight, he's ready to reveal it. Adias says that the "mystery note" he found in the locker room was from the next man who wants to accept Adias' open bounty challenge to take out Fernandez. That man, says Adias, is Terry Funk, who he claims will be the LAST man to take the challenge, as Manny is now toast. (B-)

-Kerry Von Erich came out to the ring. The announcers hyped his upcoming "Open Mask Challenge" match with Villano III, but all he wanted to talk about was next week's TV Title match with Kevin. Kerry says it's no secret there's been some tension in the family - he says that David blamed him for losing the Texas & American Heavyweight Titles at Thanksgiving Star Wars, and that Kevin blamed him for Kerry & Kevin's lost in the tag team tournament. Meanwhile, his own father seems to have lost respect for him, as he's been booked in in less matches in the last year than any Von Erich brother. He says that next week's match is his chance to prove to his family that he's the most talented of the group. (B-) An annoyed Kevin comes to the ring to confront Kerry about his statements. He also points out that Kerry shouldn't look past Villano III, who's beaten almost everyone he's faced. The argument heats up before Kevin leaves in disgust. (C+)

-Michael Hayes and Jimmy Garvin hype their upcoming Tag Team Tournament Final with Koko B. Ware and Bobby Eaton. Hayes says that "destiny" demands that WCCW Veterans like them are the 1st WCCW World Tag Team Champions, and not some "cocky newcomers" like Koko and Eaton. (C)

-WCCW World Tag Team Championship Tournament - Finals, Championship Match
Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware defeated Michael Hayes and Jimmy Garvin in 13:04 when Koko pinned Garvin to become the first World Tag Team Champions in WCCW. The new champs overcame interference from the 3rd Freebird, Buddy Roberts. Koko looked good. (C+) The champions celebrate their victory in the ring. (C)

-Open Mask Challenge
-If Kerry wins by pinfall or submission, Villano III must remove his mask
Villano III defeated Kerry Von Erich in 7:52 by submission. (B+). Von Erich looked distracted and wrestled a poor match (in a kayfabe sense). After the match, Villano III refused to release his submission hold for several minutes. (C+). The announcers point out that none of the Von Erich brothers, all of whom were in the arena, immediately came to Kerry's aid.

-After a commercial break, David Von Erich hypes his upcoming world title defense against The Great Kabuki. He doesn't mention Kerry. (B+)

David Von Erich defeats The Great Kabuki in 20:43 by DQ when Kabuki struck David with a foreign object that was handed to him by Gary Hart. David makes his 5th defense of the world title. (B-)

Overall Show Rating: B- (This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity).

THOUGHTS

-Over main event wasn't as good as usual, but the rest of the card was strong enough to make up the slack.

-I'm pretty surprised David and Kabuki's first match only led to a B-. Not a great showing by Kabuki, who's job will probably be in question with some of the signings I make this week.

-Match of the night was Villano III and Kerry, despite it being pretty quick. Villano III gets the huge rub by pinning Kerry clean via submission in the middle of the ring.

-Speaking of Kerry, his match with Kevin next week has taken on added importance now, as it will be for the TV title. I'm not 100% sure where the angle goes from there. I hate to go too much further with this angle without an actual, official "storyline" behind it, but all the Von Erichs are technically involved with other things.

-Koko and Eaton win the tag belts in a somewhat dissapointing match. They should get a lengthy run with the belts.

-Surprise of the night might have been Adias' promo, which rated a B-. Good for him, though it helped that he was referring to two very over wrestlers - Funk and Fernandez (even though neither was actually present). Adams promo challenging Parsons to a cage match was also very good.

Last edited by molson : 07-12-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:27 AM   #325
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Villano III and Koko B. Ware show exhaustion after the last show. I'm going to have to revisit the "promotion relation" feature, to see if declaring war on more promotions might limit the amount of other commitments my workers have. I'm not sure that affects current commitments, but I'll look into it.

-Kerry Von Erich arrives late. It's not his first time, but I can't suspend him with the big match next week, so he's fined.

-Southeast Championship Wrestling is apparently attempting some kind of expansion, and they make offers to Bob Backlund, Michael Hayes, Kerry Von Erich, and Adrian Adonis.

-Florida Championship Wrestling isn't likely to be around much longer, but they have crowned a new Florida Heavyweight Champion, to replace the departed Dusty Rhodes - Jake Roberts defeated Kevin Sullivan to win the belt.

-Kevin Sullivan has signed onto be the new head booker of Angelo Poffo's ICW in Memphis. They've apparently had some kind of turnaround, after being on the bring of death last year.

-Ken Mantel also has a new job, taking over as head booker of Florida Championship Wrestling, replacing Dusty Rhodes.

-Our TV show gets a 0.48 rating. That's our lowest rating yet, despite the strong show last week.

-A flurry of offers from around the world are targetted towards WCCW- Backlund, Koko, and Kevin all receive 2 more offers, and Adonis receives one from SWCW.

Last edited by molson : 07-12-2007 at 05:54 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:02 PM   #326
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Another big signing for WCCW, as we bring in Memphis announcing legend Lance Russell. Do to CWA's financial problems, they couldn't afford him, so he'll be working for us exclusively, at least for now. He's not cheap - $2,250/show. He'll be the lead announcer on the tv show - either Mercer or Lowerence will join him. Mercer and Lowerence will still serve as announcers for the weekly house shows. (I don't know why those shows need announcers, but the do - i'll just assume we tape everything for possible video release, etc). Harry Frehley is still around because he only makes $150/show - he'll continue to do mostly pre-show interviews. Russel's quite simply one of the best in the business - A+ Mic Skills, A+ Announcing, B+ Charisma.

-Dick Murdoch, who've I've tried to bring in 4 or 5 times, rejects me again, still saying I'm "not big enough". I'm just about the biggest there is, so he's essentially retired.

-I've signed newly debuted Owen Hart at a minuscule $125/show, after deciding I need a little more variety at the bottom of the roster. Owen's only 18 years old, and a LONG way from being being even mediocre, but he's a more interesting guy then say, Barry Orton.

-I also negotiate with Steve Armstrong, who's also 18, but slightly ahead of Owen Hart at this point. So I sign him too, at $500/show. Both him and Hart will be enhancement talent.

-I also sign Nikita Koloff, who at 24 years old, already shows a lot of potential. He's probably be a midcard heel, brought in by Arman Hussein.

-Arn Anderson has won his first ever wrestling title, as "Super Olympian", the new Southeastern Heavyweight Champion.

-Dissapointingly, the Dynamite Kid has rejected negotiations with us - he's instead decided to stay in Canada, and work with IWA Montreal.

-Even more dissapointingly, Stan Hansen is willing to talk, but Fritz caps the offer at about $300/show too low (Stan wants $3,600/show, and I would have been very willing to pay it - in terms of fit with WCCW, popularity, and wrestling ability - I think Stan Hansen is #1 in the world)

-With all the disappointments, I decide to pull the trigger on Ted Dibiase, at $2,825/show. That makes him our 4th highest paid guy. Ted left mid-south, so he works exclusively for us, which made the decision a little easier. Dibiase's one of the most well-rounded workers in the world. Nothing in his stats scream main event, but the fact that he's very good at EVERYTHING will make him a WCCW main eventer. This signing makes it more likely that Manny, Kabuki, or both, will be out the door soon.

Last edited by molson : 07-12-2007 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:44 AM   #327
Hammer
College Prospect

Good read.

Who is this Villano 3 chap, did he ever wrestle under another name?
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:42 AM   #328
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villano_III

Still wrestles at 57.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:05 AM   #329
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post

That was a very detailed wiki entry.

I was pretty shocked with how good he was, but reading that, it looks like he was a huge deal everywhere but the US in real life. It's also interesting that Tiger Mask v. Villano III was a big deal in Japan (which I didn't know), and they're about start their WCCW feud in the dynasty.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:21 AM   #330
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 2, January 1984
Rochester, MN (Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 1,717. Ticket prices: $1 less than default
Actual Attendance: (1,776 Capacity)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Frank Dusek defeats Scott Armstrong in 5:54 by pinfall. (D). Armstrong makes his WCCW debut. After the match, Harry Frehley interviews Dusek about his victory. (D)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Brian Adias defeats Tommy Rodgers in 7:48 by pinfall. (D). The two showed poor chemistry.

-Terry Funk defeated Owen Hart in 5:42 by submission. (D+). Hart makes his WCCW debut. Hart makes his WCCW debut. The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Funk grabs a mic talks about Brian Adias' revelation next week - Funk has accepted the open bounty challenge, and he'll put Manny Fernandez out of WCCW for good. Funk challenges Manny for a match at January Star Wars. (B)

-Nikita Koloff defeated Steve Armstrong in 4:58 by pinfall. (D-). The debuting Koloff, playing a heel, had Boris Malenko in his corner. After the match, Malenko hyped Koloff. (D-)

-Iceman Parsons defeated Super Kendo in 8:38 by pinfall. (D+). After the match, Parsons says if he hasn't made it clear enough already, he's accepting Chris Adams' challenge for a cage match at January Star Wars. (D+)

-Bruiser Brody defeated The Great Kabuki in 17:50 by pinfall. (B-). After the match, Brody cut a promo, hyping the fact that he is still undefeated since coming to WCCW. (B)

-Kevin, Kerry, and David Von Erich come to the ring to cut a promo. (C+). The acknowledge that there's been issues between them over the last several weeks, but that's why they've decided to petition for tonight's match - a six-man tag title shot against Destruction, Inc.

-Adrian Adonis, The Sheepherders, and Skandor Akbar hype their upcoming title defense against the Von Erichs. The claim that unlike the Von Erichs, they get along, and that will be the difference tonight. (C)

-WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match
Adrian Adonis & The Sheepherders defeat Kerry, Kevin, and David Von Erich in 11:53 when Adonis made Kerry submit. The Sheepherders were able to isolate Adonis and Kerry in the ring but keeping David and Kevin at bay outside the ring. (C+). Destruction, Inc. makes their 4th defense of the titles. David stood out.

-After the match, Kerry looks irritated, and turns his attention towards Kevin. Kerry seems to be upset that neither Kevin nor David were in a position to help him in the ring with Adonis. Kerry quickly loses his temper, and slaps Kevin in the face, igniting a brawl. David breaks up the fight with the help of Mike, who came to the ring from the locker room area. (D)

Overall Rating: C+ (This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity)

THOUGHTS:

-Kind of an odd show, with a lot of squashes, but in the midwest, I didn't need an incredible show to improve our regional rating. So, I took the opportunity to debut some guys and develop a few storylines.

-The six-man tag title gets a rare spot in the main event, and everyone involved has an OK match. I have a feeling the fans are going to be traumatized by a face/face Kevin v. Kerry match tomorrow night.

-Kabuki's in the process now of getting jobbed out. There seems to be some contrary information regarding whether there's any negative effects to firing a worker before his contract is up. I'll do it sparingly, but Kabuki's under contract for another 6 months, and my road agent thinks his act is stale, so he's getting the axe soon.

-My jobber matches with the new guys were all really awful. This is probably too big a stage for guys like Hart and Armstrong to make their debut in. They'll get a cut of coffee before I let them go.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:41 AM   #331
molson
General Manager

-Gordon Solie has apparently decided to expand his horizons, and has signed with The Powerful Women of Wrestling.

-Bruiser Brody was exhausted after the last show, after his long match with kabuki.

Last edited by molson : 07-14-2007 at 01:42 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:52 AM   #332
molson
General Manager

Tuesday, Week 2, January 1984
Expected Attendance: 5,352; Ticket Prices: +$3 over default

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Nikita Koloff defeated Owen Hart in 8:01 by pinfall. (D). Hart was tiring towards the end of the match. After the match, Boris Malenko hypes his "discovery" that he made in Russia - the monster that will one day be the WCCW World Champion - Nikita Koloff. (C+).

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Buddy Landell defeats Al Perez in 5:40 by submission. (C-)

-Villano III defeated Mike Von Erich in 4:13 by submission. (B-). Villano III looked good. After the match, Villano III taunted Kerry Von Erich, and the injury to Kerry's arm he caused last week after defeating him. (B-)

-Adrian Adonis came out to the interview area where a new set was in place, for Adonis' new talk show - The Bachelor Pad. (If anyone has a better name, let me know, Adonis is currently using a "Overweight Playbody" gimmick). Adonis mocked Roddy Piper's show, "Piper's Pit" as being crap, and that he'll prove he's a much bigger talent. (C). Adonis then brought out his first two guests, Bob Backlund, and Michael Hayes. Adonis puts Backlund over, giving him much more respect than Piper did on Piper's pit. Adonis then asks the two what's going on between them. Backlund says he was briefly angry at Hayes for claiming that he cost Backlund the world title, but that they have now "sorted things out", and have some kind of business arrangement, the specifics of which they would not get into. (B)

-Manny Fernandez defeated Villano IV in 3:47 by pinfall. (B). Manny looked good. After the match, Manny Fernandez accepted the challenge made my Terry Funk last night to wrestle him in a match at January Star Wars. Manny said that Funk shouldn't start spending Adias' bounty money, because he won't be getting a penny of it. (B-)

-The new WCCW World Tag Team Champions, Bobby Eaton, and Koko B. Ware hype their upcoming title defense against the team they defeated in the finals of the tournament - Michael Hayes and Jimmy Garvin. (C+). Hayes and Garvin also then cut a promo hyping the match. (C+)

-WCCW World Tag Team Title Match
Koko B. Ware & Bobby Eaton defeated Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin in 13:37 when Koko pinned Garvin. The champs make their 1st title defense. (B-). Eaton looked good.

-Roddy Piper defeated King Kong Bundy in 6:11 by submission. (B+). The two showed great chemistry. After the match, Piper grabs a mic, and mocks Adonis' "Bachelor Pad" talk show that debuted earlier in the show. (C+).

-Kerry Von Erich hypes his upcoming TV Title Tournament Match with Kevin Von Erich. As a result of the Adams/Parsons draw last week, this match will be for the TV title. Kerry says he's been obsessing over this match for weeks, and his crowning moment is now here. As he speaks, clips of last night's match show are shown, where Kevin and Kerry came to blows. (B-)

-WCCW Television Championship Tournament - Final Match
Kevin Von Erich defeated Kerry Von Erich in 13:33 by submission, to win the WCCW TV Title in a hard fought match - neither side held back. (C). Kevin looked good. After the match, Kevin extends his hand to Kerry, but Kerry refuses the handshake and leaves the ring. (C+). After Kerry leaves, Kevin celebrates his win in the ring with the TV Title Belt. (C+)

David Von Erich defeats Buddy Jack Roberts in 8:51 by submission to make his 6th defense of the world title. (B+)

Overall Show Rating; B- (The show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity).

THOUGHTS;

-I ran David/Buddy as a thown-together main event because I knew Kerry/Kevin wouldn't rate well. David and Buddy deliver with a B+. This was their 5th 1-on-1 match, and their highest rated yet.

-My product type provides a penalty whenever faces and heels face off with each other, so I wasn't surprised that the fans weren't into Kerry v. Kevin. I'm not sure where this angle goes from here, but Kevin will be a great TV champion - he's relatively cheap, I can throw him on TV every week against anyone and he'll have a solid match.

-Bundy and Piper has a short match, but the two have great chemistry so the fans were really into it. In fact, it was Bundy's best ever match.

-Speaking of Piper. the Adonis/Piper feud kicked off much like it did in real life, with dueling talk shows. Instead of the flower shop however, Adonis' show is "The bachelor bad", since his gimmick is an "Overweight Playboy" (Not unlike Buddy Rose).

-Backlund and Hayes have this "mystery business" relationship that has been hyped for several weeks now. This is based on a storyline used towards the end of the Georgia territory, where Zybyzco got pissed that he couldn't beat Paul Orndorff for the title, so he ended up finding a "hired gun" to do it for him.

-Villano carries Mike to a B- match, which is Mike's best match rating ever.

-Manny Fernandez had a surprisingly good match with Villano IV, rating a "B". That's easily Villano IV's best match ever.

Last edited by molson : 07-15-2007 at 01:29 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:21 AM   #333
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Chris Adams signs with Georgia Championship Wrestling. He also works for New Japan, in addition to us.

-Ricky Morton arrive late for the last show. Since he's not involved in any storylines, I suspend him for one week.

-Koko B. Ware has cashed in on the midwest popularity he's gained through us, and has signed with the AWA (he also works for MLW in Toronto).

-Our TV show generates a 0.50 rating, a .02 increase from last week, but it still ties for our second lowest rating.

-The dirt sheets hype Al Perez as a future star.

-I sign Lord Alfred Hayes, who has recently left the WWF, at $1,825/show. He'll be the heel commentary with Bill Mercer on our weekly "B-Shows" (I've decided on Lance Russel and Marc Lowerence as our "A-team". Hayes may also work as a heel manager - I might pair him up with Chris Adams.

-Jim Brunzell has failed a drug test with the AWA. Not particularly relevant, but I haven't seen that type of news item before. It also appears to be a hint that wrestlers can develop drug problems in TEW (as I can't imagine Burnzell is a guy that would have been programmed in DOTT to have such a problem)

-I read a news item about "Pretty Boy" Doug Summers growing desperate about not wrestling a match in 6 months, so I signed him at $325/show, which is a great bargain for him. He won't reach even the midcard with us, but he's a pretty good all-around worker who appears to be a younger, more talented version of Frank Dusek.

-Our roster's getting bloated once again, so I think we're about to make some cuts.

Last edited by molson : 07-15-2007 at 01:30 AM.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:49 PM   #334
korme
Go Reds

Dead? Say it ain't so!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:52 PM   #335
JeffNights
College Prospect

Didnt he say he was going on a vavcation or something?
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:13 AM   #336
molson
General Manager

I appreciate the concern.

Not dead yet. I meant to get to it this weekend but some things came up. But there will be updates early this week.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:28 PM   #337
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I appreciate the concern.

Not dead yet. I meant to get to it this weekend but some things came up. But there will be updates early this week.

Phew...couldn't stand it if one of my fav dynasties of all-time died!
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:49 PM   #338
molson
General Manager

I had to give myself a little refresher as to what's going on in the dynasty, so there's the bullet-point list of current events:

-Kerry's mini-feud with the rest of the Von-Erichs. This really started after Terry Gordy piledrove him on the concrete and he missed some time - he didn't feel he got the same opportunities as David and Kevin after that. In the last few months, things have escalated, as the Kevin/Kerry team flopped in the tag title tournament (because of Kerry's recklessness), Kerry accidentally cost David the Texas and American Heavyweight Titles in a match with Backlund, Kerry looked past his match with Villano III and was soundly defeated, and finally, Kerry was defeated by Kevin in the finals of the TV title tournament, and refused to shake Kevin's hand after the match.

-Michael Hayes' mysterious relationship with Bob Backlund. Hayes was apparently an ally of Backlund, until Hayes cost Backlund the world title, and then claimed that he did so intentionally, knowing that his only shot at a world title would come if David was champion, rather than Backlund. Tension between the three led to several triple threat title matches, but now that Backlund has proclaimed that he no longer cares about the world title, Hayes and Backlund have reconciled - but no one is sure why.

-David continues his run as the first WCCW World Champion. He has dominated against all but Backlund, who seems to have his number (but hasn't been able to win the title).

-Bruiser Brody has won the first annual King of the Texas Deathmatch tournament, and has been undefeated in WCCW.

-Manny Fernandez still hasn't gotten revenge on his former protege Brian Adias, who has offered a large bounty to anyone who can put Fernandez out of commission. Few have taken the challenge - all who have, have failed. However, Terry Funk has challenged Fernandez to a match a January Star Wars, and promises to cash in.

-Piper's Pit has debuted. A jelous Adrian Adonis has debuted a competitor show - The Bachelor Pad.

-Chris Adams turned on tag team partner Iceman Parsons, and hired Gary Hart, convinced that Parsons was holding him back from greater things. Adams urged Parsons not to force the issue with him, and to just "move on" so Adams didn't have to do "what he didn't want to do". Parsons, however, hasn't backed down, and has been a huge headache for Adams ever since - defeated him in one match, and wrestling him to brutal draws in several others. They have a cage match scheduled for January Star Wars.

-Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware have established themselves and the company's clear top tag team - winning the WCCW World Tag Team Title tournament in dominating fashion, including an upset win over Jimmy Garvin & Michael Hayes.

-Villano III has been on a huge winning streak, losing only 1 match in 4 months with WCCW. He has an ongoing "open challenge", where he will take off his mask if any WCCW wrestler can pin him or make him submit. Most recently he defeated Kerry Von Erich cleanly.

-Wrestler debuts of recent weeks include rookie Nikita Koloff (managed by Boris Malenko), Steve Armstrong, and Owen Hart.

The current January Star Wars card, to take place in two weeks:

David Von Erich v. Michael Hayes

-$100,000 Bounty Match
Terry Funk v. Manny Fernandez

-Steel Cage Match (Pinfall or Submission Only)
Chris Adams v. Iceman Parsons

-WCCW World Tag Team Championship Match
Koko B. Ware & Bobby Eaton v. The Sheepherders

Last edited by molson : 07-25-2007 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:18 PM   #339
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 3, January 1984
Dallas, TX (Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 2,676. Ticket prices: $3 over default
Actual Attendance: 2,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Tiger Mask defeats Nikita Koloff in 7:46 by countout. (B-) Tiger Mask wrestled circles around the inexperienced Koloff, whose manager (Boris Malenko), eventually removed Koloff from the match, and escorting him to the back, resulting in a countout.

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Fritz Von Erich comes out to announce Bill Mercer's new color commentator for the WCCW on tour shows - Lord Alfred Hayes. Hayes comes to the ringside area and sits next to Mercer. (B-).

-Iceman Parsons defeated Doug Sommers in 6:56 by pinfall. (C-). Summers makes his WCCW debut.

-Fritz Von Erich came to the ring and announces a special, unadvertised match for tonight - a 4-way hardcore match featuring the participants of last month's King of the Texas Deathmatch tournament - Bruiser Brody, The Great Kabuki, Terry Funk, and Manny Fernandez (B)

-Roddy Piper defeats Butch Miller in 2:48 by DQ, after interference from Luke Williams and Skandor Akbar. (C) The three members of Destruction Inc. (sans Adrian Adonis), started a 3-1 attack, however Piper was able to escape to the ringside area, where he grabbed a chair, and was able to fend off the attack by swinging the chair wildly (and connecting with Miller). (C) Afterward, Piper celebrated his victory in the crowd with the fans. (C-)

-Kevin Von Erich comes out to the ring with Mike Von Erich. Kevin says that he knows that everyone wants to hear about what's going with Kerry, but that he's keeping things "in house" for now. He did say that with all the recent tension in his family, he and Mike have decided to reform their old tag team that had so much success in the past. (C-)

-Kevin & Mike Von Erich defeated Villanos IV and V in 6:11 when Mike made Villano IV submit. (C-). After the match, Kevin and Mike again hyped their team, mentioning their 4-month reign as WCCW American Tag Team champions last year. They put over Koko and Eaton as a team, but say they'd love a title shot down the road. (C)

-Arman Hussein comes to the ring, making his first appearance in WCCW in about 6 months. He says that he has been focusing on business ventures in the middle east, and has tripled his already vast fortune. He says he's back in Texas to cash in on oil and professional wrestling. Hussein then announces his business partner, and new wrestling client - Ted Dibiase. (B-).

-Ted Dibiase defeats Tommy Rogers in 7:52 by pinfall. (C) Dibiase looked good. After the match, Dibiase cuts a promo bragging about the great wealth he has acquired under the guidance of Hussein. (B-)

-4-Way Hardcore Rules Match
Bruiser Brody defeated Terry Funk, Manny Fernandez, and The Great Kabuki in 13:53 when he pinned Kabuki following a power-bomb through a table. Fernandez and Funk were primarily occupied with each other, leaving Brody to dominate Kabuki. At one point, Kabuki went to spray the green mist on Brody, but Brody ducked, allowing Gary Hart to be sprayed instead. (B).

-Michael Hayes cut a promo hyping his upcoming world title match with David. (B+). Hayes continues to claim he was robbed at Christmas Star Wars when the referee prematurely called for a Double DQ.

David Von Erich defeats Michael Hayes in 12:35 by submission to make his 7th defense of the world title. (B-).

Overall Show Rating: B-

THOUGHTS

-Not a great show, but I tried some different and unique things here, and worked a lot of guys in.

-Chris Adams missed the show as a result of a travel issue. My road agent tells me his story checked out, so there will be no discipline.

-The Hayes/David match was tied for worst of their 6 1-on-1 matches together. I should have actually ran the 4-way hardcore match in the main event.

-Another huge win for the dominate Brody, who will probably just continue to destroy everything in his path until someone else is freed up for an angle (possibly Funk?). Gary Hart isn't going to be happy about getting mist in the eyes from Kabuki.

-Ted Dibiase is using his rich guy gimmick a few years earlier than he did in real-life, except this time, he has a rich arab as a manager. His match wasn't great, but his promo went over well.

-Lord Alfred Hayes is playing a heel on color commentary, using a "blue blood" gimmick. It appears I can use him as a manger as well, so I'm leaning towards pairing him with Chris Adams, since Adams and Hart aren't working well together.

Last edited by molson : 07-24-2007 at 11:37 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:29 AM   #340
PilotMan
Head Coach

I was getting a little twitchy without my regular update. Thanks.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:44 PM   #341
molson
General Manager

Tuesday, Week 3, January 1984
Fort Worth, TX. (Small Venue)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Villano III defeated Owen Hart in 4:45 by pinfall. Villano III looked good. (B-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Tiger Mask defeated Villano IV in 5:42 by pinfall. (C)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
After his victory, Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Tiger Mask about his victory. (C). Before long, however, the interview is interrupted by Villano III. Villano III gets in an argument with Tiger Mask about the history and tradition of Lucha masks vs the pointlessness and gimmickry of Japanese wrestling masks. He also points out that he defeated his opponent tonight in a minute less time than it took Tiger Mask to defeat his opponent. (C)

-As the show starts, Kerry Von Erich comes out to the ring to a mixed reaction. He grabs the mic and says he knows a lot of fans want to hear from regarding what's been going the last few months. He says before he says anything, he wants his father to come to the ring. Fritz comes to the ring, looking wary. Kerry tells Fritz that he's tired of Kevin, tired of Fritz, tired of being a Von Erich, and tired of WCCW. He asks Fritz to rip up his WCCW contract, so he can go somewhere else where "he'll be appreciated". Fritz says he'll do that, if it's what Kerry really wants, but wants Kerry to first hear the announcement he was about to make. (B-)

-Fritz then announces he has booked a triple threat match for tonight to determine the #1 contender to the new TV champion, Kevin. The 3 men taking part will be the other 3 semi-finalists in the TV title tournament - Kerry, Iceman Parsons, and Chris Adams. Kerry then says he's willing to stick around for that match, then long enough to win the title from Kevin, then he'll vacate the title and leave WCCW. (C+)

-Kevin & Mike Von Erich defeat Frank Dusek & Doug Somers in 5:41 when Kevin made Somers submit. (C-). The announcers mention how Kevin announced last night that he's reforming the Kevin/Mike time in part because of the current tension in the family - they also hope to challenge Eaton and Koko for the belts.

-A hype video plays recapping entire the Manny Fernandez/Brian Adias bounty angle (including Manny successfully overcoming all challengers seeking the bounty), and hyping the Terry Funk v. Manny match to take place at next week's January Star Wars. (B-)

-Jim Garvin defeats Roddy Piper in 10:47 by countout. (C-). During the match, Adrian Adonis came out to ringside to do uninvited guest commentary, where he insulted Piper. (C) Eventually, Piper and Adonis had a wild, pull-apart brawl around the ringside area, leading to a count-out victory for Garvin. (C-)

-A hype video recaps the entire Iceman Parsons/Chris Adams feud, and hypes their steel cage match next week at January Star Wars. (C+)

-Triple Threat Match
-#1 Contender Match: WCCW Television Championship.
Chris Adams won the match by pinning Kerry Von Erich in 8:45. (B-). During the match, the referee was knocked unconscious. Gary Hart handed a chair to Adams, who was about to strike a weakened Parsons, until Sunshine (Parsons' valet) grabbed the chair away from Adams from behind. In pulling the chair away, Sunshine accidentally hits Kerry in the face. Kerry grabs Sunshine, and throws her to the ground. When he turns back around, Adams superkicks him and gets the 3-count. (B-) The match suffered from a lack of psychology.

-After the match, Kerry quickly comes to, and continues to berate Sunshine, blaming her for his loss. Iceman Parsons intervenes, and starts arguing with Kerry, until levels Parsons with a quick discuss punch. (C). Kerry leaves the ring.

-After a commercial, Lord Alfred Hayes catches up to Kerry backstage, who blames Parsons and Sunshine for the loss. (B-). Kevin Von Erich interrupts the interview, and argues with Kerry about what he's done. Kevin tells Kerry that "maybe he should leave WCCW" to get his head together. (B-).

-Outside the arena, cameras catch a limo arriving. Ted Dibiase and Arman Hussein are seen exiting the vehicle. The announcers recap Dibiase's debut last night (B)

-Ted Dibiase drew with Buddy Landell in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (C+). Dibiase seemed surprised by the result. The two showed poor chemistry.

-David Von Erich hyped his upcoming World Title defense against Michael Hayes. David points out that he's already defended the title twice against Hayes, but if Hayes still wants more, he's willing to dish it out. (B+)

David Von Erich defeats Michael Hayes in 11:44 by DQ. (B-) David had the match won, but the other Freebirds (Roberts and Garvin) interfered and started a 3-1 attack. Mike and Kevin (but not Kerry) made the save for David, and a Freebird/Von Erich brawl ended the show. (C+)

Overall Show Rating: C+ (This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our overall popularity).

THOUGHTS

-This was pretty loaded show, featuring some pretty lengthy match recaps due to the amount of stuff I had in my head. After all that, a mediocre rating, but enough to help improve my popularity in most of the country.

-The first Tiger Mask/Villano III altercation occurs on the pre-show, the start of a feud that should help elevate both guys. Before that, Villano III caries 18-year old Owen Hart to a B- in only Hart's 3rd professional match (to put that in perspective, Hart/Funk only got a D+).

-Kerry takes a few big steps closer to heeldom - demanding Fritz rip up his contract, putting his hands on Sunshine, and laying out Iceman Parsons. I still haven't pulled the trigger on "turning" him officially. He'll go one way or the other soon.

-The Piper/Adonis stuff fell flat, (just like the rest of Piper's WCCW stint thus far).

-I did a time limit draw with Dibaise/Landell with the intention that they would have a rematch at January Star Wars. But the showed bad chemistry, so we might just run that at the house show instead.

Last edited by molson : 07-27-2007 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:46 PM   #342
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Our TV Show gets a 0.52 rating - that's our highest in 3 weeks

-Kevin and Kerry both show up late for the last show, which is becoming a trend with those to. Kevin is fined, and Kerry is suspended 1 week (Kevin has matches advertised for next week, and Kerry's disappearance fits in with his current angle).

-Buddy Landell and Villano III are exhausted after the last show. Both are on a pretty ridiculous pace of work - Villano has wrestled 9 matches in 2 1/2 weeks, and Landell has wrestled 8, I need to figure out a way to lower Villano's workload with other companies (perhaps I need to "declare war" on UWA). Landell's only 22, so the more ring time he can get, the better.

-Florida Championship Wrestling did something interesting I've never seen happen in the game before. They retired their Florida Heavyweight Championship (held by Jake Roberts), and replaced it with a "CWF World Championship" (still held by Jake Roberts). A move of desperation from a company on the way out?

-Joe Leduc and Ivan Koloff have regained the NWA World Tag Team Title from Ric Flair and Wahoo McDaniel.

-Manny Fernandez' contract is up the day after his "bounty match" with Terry Funk. So amongst the dirt sheets, so clearly, at January Star Wars, if he wins, we've resigned him, if he loses, we've decided to part ways.

-Barry Orton's contract is also up in a week. I'll have a one-day window in a few days to decide what to do with him.

-We're starting to have some unrest in the locker room: Manny Fernandez, Bobby Eaton, Ricky Morton, Tommy Rogers, and Villano V have all complained about their push.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:41 PM   #343
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 4, January 1984
Orlando, FL (Tiny Venue)
Expected Attendance: 657. Ticket prices: default
Actual Attendance: 723 (1,000 Capacity)

-Back to the southeast for the final "tour event" of the month. It looks like an OK financial month, so I'm giving a boost to our emerging #3 region. That's basically the trade off at this point in the dynasty - Texas events help only on the bottom line (unless they're on TV), while running elsewhere helps the expansion, but doesn't bring much in money.

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Owen Hart and Steve Armstrong about their upcoming tag team match with Gary Hart's team of Brian Adias and Chris Adams. (E-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Chris Adams & Brian Adias defeat Owen Hart and Steve Armstrong in 7:18 when Adias pinned Armstrong. (C-). Hart and Armstrong were visibly tired towards the end of the match. Chris Adams looked good.

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Tommy Rodgers about his upcoming match with Terry Funk. (C).

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Terry Funk defeats Tommy Rodgers in 4:38 by submission. (B-). Terry Funk looked good.

-Kevin & Mike Von Erich defeated Villanos IV and V in 7:09 when Mike made Villano IV submit. (D-). Kevin looked good, Mike was tiring towards the end of the match. During the match, Buddy Roberts wandered towards ringside, and observed the match. (C+). After the match, Mike and Kevin celebrated their victory. (D-)

-Iceman Parsons defeated King Kong Bundy in 8:19 by pinfall. (C). After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Parsons about his upcoming Steel Cage match this week with Chris Adams. (D-). Suddenly Chris Adams attacked Parsons from behind, laying him out outside the ring. Hayes looked oddly pleased. (D-)

-Buddy Jack Roberts defeats Bobby Eaton in 13:33 by pinfall. (B). After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Roberts, specifically asking about his apperance in the Kevin/Mike tag team match earlier. Roberts simply says that he was "scouting". (B-)

-Bob Backlund defeats Ricky Morton in 11:46 by submission. (B) After the match, Backlund cut a lengthy, rambling promo. He states again that he doesn't care about the world title anymore - only about causing pain. (C)

-Piper's Pit
Piper's guest is Terry Funk, who hypes his upcoming "open bounty challenge" match with Manny Fernandez at January Star Wars this week. Piper is largely non-confrontational in this segment, and just lets the crazy Texan rant. (B)

-David Von Erich hyped his upcoming World Title defense against Michael Hayes. (B-)

David Von Erich defeats Michael Hayes in 11:58 by pinfall to make his 9th defense of the World Title. (B)

THOUGHTS:

-An incredible show considering we were in the Southeast. We actually have a pretty good roster to pop some good ratings down here, because we have a number of guys who are popular in the southeast, including some of the lower card guys I always use here (like Ricky Morton and Tommy Rodgers).

-David still has Hayes' number, and this was their best match rating in their last 3 matches. Hayes has some decent overness in the southeast.

-The Piper's Pit segment drew a decent rating, and I let it go 10 minutes, which means in helped out in the overall show rating. I've written about Piper being disappointing, but I have to remember he's still relatively unknown in Texas, and even the midwest. His main overness comes from the Northeast, the Northwest, the Southwest, and as he proved tonight, the Southeast.

-Eaton and Roberts had an excellent match - it was only the second time Eaton has reached "B" in a singles match (the other was with Villano III).

-I realize that the Mike/Kevin team doesn't excite anyone, but one of the long-term goals of this dynasty is to build Mike into "something". The way to do that is make sure he gets plenty of ring time, exposure, and access to more talented workers.

-That was a nice performance from Tommy Rodgers, wrestling a B- match with Terry Funk. The only higher-rated Rodgers match was with - you guessed it - Villano III.

-Ricky Morton is another guy who is well-known in the southeast, so it was the perfect place to throw him to the wolves (Bob Backlund), and score a good rating.

Last edited by molson : 07-27-2007 at 09:45 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:50 PM   #344
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-An interesting twist - Hulk Hogan, who wasn't with the WWF when the dynasty started, is now so loyal to them that he won't consider offers from anyone else (Mid-Atlantic came calling, but Hogan ain't going anywhere). Of course, the Junkyard Dog is still the WWF's top face, and world champion.

-The dirt sheets are reporting that Villano III will be done with UWA when his contract is up in about a month. Great news for us.

-Kevin Von Erich and Roddy Piper arrived late for the last show. Kevin is advertised for a match at the TV taping tomorrow, but Piper isn't, so once again, that will effect my discipline decisions. Kevin is fined, Piper is suspended for 1 week.

Last edited by molson : 07-27-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:32 PM   #345
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Hey Molson, this is a great dynasty. This is coming from someone who has never watched a wrestling match in his life, and who had to look up all the terms like heel, face, and so forth. But still I found your dynasty very compelling! Good stuff.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:07 AM   #346
molson
General Manager

Tuesday, Week 4, January 1984
Houston, TX. (Small Venue)

-This show will air this weekend, after tomorrow night's January Star Wars.

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Barry Orton, Rickey Morton, and Tommy Rodgers about their upcoming Six-Man Tag match against the Villanos that will be contested under Lucha rules. (D)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Hayes interviews all three Villanos about the upcoming match as well. (D+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
-Lucha Trios Rules
The Villanos defeated Barry Orton, Tommy Rodgers, and Ricky Morton in 11:51 in two straight falls, with Villano III scoring the last fall over Barry Orton (C). Villano III looked good. Orton was tiring towards the end of the match.

-Buddy Roberts defeated Mike Von Erich in 5:03 by submission, with a figure-four leg-lock. (C+). After the match, Roberts refused to let go of the hold. Eventually, Barry Orton, Tommy Rodgers, and Ricky Morton came to ringside to get Roberts to finally release the hold. Mike needed help getting to the back. (C-)

-Fritz Von Erich comes to the ring and announces that next month, WCCW will make hold their big monthly event in Mexico City - it will be called "Mexican Invasion". (B-)

-With Fritz still in the ring, Gary Hart the The Great Kabuki emerge from the back. Kabuki is limping - the announcers mention that he was injured in a 4-way hardcore match last week in Dallas. Hart tells Fritz he's looked at the card for tonight, and that there's room for another match. Hart proposes his client, The Great Kabuki v. Bruiser Brody in an Indian Strap Match. Hart says Kabuki lost to Brody in the finals of the King of Texas Death Match, and then lost to Brody again last week in the 4-way hardcore match. As result, claimed Hart, Kabuki wants revenge on Brody tonight. However, Kabuki's facial expression indicates that this "offer" of a match is a complete surprise to him, and he doesn't seem too happy about it. Fritz grants the request, and announces that Kabuki and Brody will face off in a strap match tonight. (B)

-Bob Backlund defeated Owen Hart in 5:52 by submission. (C-). The two showed poor chemistry. Backlund looked good. After the match, Backlund cut a self-hype promo, where he mentioned Hayes' lack of recent success against David Von Erich. Backlund claims he's the only man in WCCW who can defeat David. (B-).

-Tiger Mask defeated Jim Garvin in 7:34 by pinfall. (B-). The two showed great chemistry. The match suffered from a lack of selling. After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes started to interview Tiger Mask, however the interview was quickly interrupted Villano III who attacked Tiger Mask from behind. The announcers bring up the confrontation Villano III had with Tiger Mask last week, before the TV Taping. (C+)

-WCCW World Tag Team Championship Match
Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware defeated the Sheepherders in 8:53 by disqualification when Akbar was caught interfering in the match. Eaton and Koko make their 2nd defense of their titles. (B+) Eaton looked good.

-WCCW Television Championship Match
Kevin Von Erich drew with Chris Adams in 10:00 when the time limit expired. Kevin makes his 1st defense of his title. (C+)

-Indian Strap Match
Bruiser Brody defeated The Great Kabuki in 14:42 by pinfall. (B). Kabuki was clearly not at 100%. The announcers talk about how it appears that Hart arranged this match against Kabuki's wishes. After the match, Hart berates Kabuki in the ring for "blowing yet another match". Eventually, Kabuki has had enough, and sprays green mist in Hart's face again. This time, it's clearly not an accident. (B-)

Overall Show Rating: B- (The show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity)

THOUGHTS:

-Good show, concluding with a surprising Great Kabuki face turn. My road agents said Kabuki was getting stale, and I have some new plan's for Hart's stable, so I took a shot. Kabuki is a natural heel, and has a poor "face rating", but he's an older guy that could be cut lose at any time, so I have nothing to lose. The match itself with Brody was pretty good.

-The tag title match was the start of a new storyline between the Sheepherders and Koko & Eaton. It's a great start to the storyline, with a B+ match.

Last edited by molson : 07-29-2007 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:01 AM   #347
Tellistto
College Prospect

Great stuff, molson. Just wanted to stop in and let you know that I was still reading along and enjoying every bit of it.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:56 PM   #348
molson
General Manager

WCCW: January Star Wars
Wednesday, Week 4, January 1983
Expected Attendance: 5,512; Ticket Prices: +$2 over default

-The fans tonight are going to pissed that Terry Funk, advertised for his huge "bounty match" with Manny Fernandez is not in the arena. He was booked by Mid-Atlantic, it was a conflict that I just didn't catch. Storyline-wise, I feel like I've come up with a good solution, but the show rating will surely suffer

-Brian Adias comes to the ring. He informs the fans that Terry Funk is not in the arena, and will not be facing Manny Fernandez tonight. Adias blames Manny, claiming Manny knew his career was in jeopardy, so he somehow sabotaged Terry Funk, and caused him to miss the show. Adias then says he himself has to catch a flight out of Dallas, but that the $100,000 bounty remains open - anyone who can take Manny out tonight will cash in. (C+) Fritz Von Erich then comes to the ring, telling Adias he's not going anywhere yet. Fritz says he promised the fans that Manny Fernandez will be in action tonight. Further, Fritz says that even though he's always reluctant to order non-champion wrestlers to compete in matches, he's ordering a match to take place tonight - Manny Fernandez v. Brian Adias, hardcore rules. Adias freaks out - it's been almost 4 months since he first turned on Manny, and he has successfully avoided him ever since. (B-)

-Bruiser Brody defeated Barry Orton in 6:33 by pinfall in a dominating victory. (C-) The two showed poor chemistry.

-Buddy Roberts defeats Owen Hart in 6:31 by pinfall. (C). Roberts looked good, Hart was tiring towards the end of the match. After the match, Roberts grabs a mic and apologizes for keeping Mike in the figure-four leg-lock well past the end of the match last week (on the tv show that will air this weekend). The fans aren't buying the apology. (C)

-Ted Dibiase cut a promo about his upcoming match with Buddy Landell. He says that last night's time limit draw with Landell was a fluke, and that he'll be able to quickly take care of business tonight. (C+). Buddy Landell then cut a promo, claiming that the longer time limit tonight will allow him to prove he's the better wrestler (B).

-Ted Dibiase defeated Buddy Landell in 16:47 by pinfall in an evenly contested match. (B). The two showed poor chemistry.

-Hardcore Rules Match
Brian Adias defeated Manny Fernandez after constant interference from Gary Hart's other two clients - Chris Adams and King Kong Bundy. (C-). After the match, Manny faced a 3-1 attack. Fernandez held his own, even dispatching Bundy from the ring. However, Adams and Adias were able to re-gain the advantage, and battered Fernandez to the mat. (C+) Soon, however, the crowd erupted when Bruiser Brody hit the ring. Adams and Adias quickly escaped to the outside. Brody however, then setup a table outside the ring, and then attached Fernandez, before powerbombing him from the ring, through the table outside the ring. Fernandez landed awkwardly, and Gary Hart's crew celebrated. As medical personnel strapped Fernandez onto a backboard, Brody demanded, and received, the $100,000 bounty from Adias. (C)

-Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware come to the ring to hype their upcoming Tag Team Title Defense with The Sheepherders. The point out that they actually challenged the The Sheepherders to the match. (C-)

-WCCW World Tag Team Championship
Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware defeated The Sheepherders in a wild, overbooked match in 13:44 when Koko pinned Miller. The champs make their 3rd defense of the tag titles. Eaton looked good. (C+)

-Chris Adams hyped his upcoming Steel Cage match with Iceman Parsons. Adams admits that dispatching Parsons has been tougher than he thought it would be, but that tonight, his decision to dump Parsons as a tag team partner will make sense to the world, and he proves his superiority. (C+). Parsons hyped the match as well. (B-).

-Steel Cage Match - Cage Classic Rules (Pinfall or Submission only)
Chris Adams defeated Iceman Parsons in 10:26 by pinfall in a decisive victory. (B-)

David Von Erich defeated Michael Hayes in 14:48 by pinfall to make 10th defense of the world title. (B-) David overcome interference from Bob Backlund, who interfered on Hayes' behalf.

Overall Show Rating: (C). This show hurt our popularity in the region.

THOUGHTS:

-I can live with a C considering my screwup of the Funk situation.

-Hayes jobs to David for the 4th time this month - this will probably be the last time for at least a while, and this angle will move ahead next week.

-Chris Adams gets a clear, decisive victory in his feud with Iceman Parsons. This put Parsons on the fringe of hanging out the roster. Adams' slow push up continues.

-Bruiser Brody is now a monster heel, after power-bombing Manny Fernandez right out of WCCW (Manny's contract is up in a few days, and will not be renewed). That certainly makes us a little heel-heavy, so much so that it's possible that Kerry has some kind of reconciliation with his brothers.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:20 PM   #349
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-There's a new AWA World Heavyweight Champion, as Wahoo McDaniel defeated Ken Patera for the belt. Patera had held the belt for about 2 months.

-Buddy Roberts, Owen Hart, and Buddy Landell are exhausted after the last show.

-Tiger Mask, who had been working exclusively for me, has signed with Central States Wrestling. This isn't a bad thing, as it gives Tiger Mask a chance to further increase in popularity in the midwest.

-Our TV show gets a 0.51 rating. That's about the average of our run on national syndication thus far.

-Even though Florida Championship Wrestling is going downhill fast, Barry Windham has expressed a loyalty to them, and isn't accepting offers from anyone else. Once Florida goes under, I'll give Windham a look - he's only 23 at this point.

-My shortage of faces could have been greatly helped by the ultimate babyface Ricky Steamboat - I requested negotiations with him after the dirt sheets reported that at least one of his current contracts was coming to an end. But he doesn't want to talk to me, since he already works for 3 companies. (Mid-Atlantic, Maple Leaf Wrestling, and SWCW).

-I allow the contracts of Manny Fernandez and Barry Orton to expire. Manny had a nice run with us, but with our bloated roster, and his questionable attitude backstage, it was an easy decision to let him go. Manny is still the Central States Heavyweight Champion - a belt he has held for almost 18 months now.

-Bobby Eaton has signed with AWA - he had previously wrestled exclusively for us. The good news is that he considers us a priority to them.

-Eaton, Villano V, and Rickey Morton have complained about their push. I'll give that consideration during the end-of-month recap.

Last edited by molson : 08-03-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:13 PM   #350
PilotMan
Head Coach

I see where you could go with Funk coming back and being pissed about missing his opportunity and blaming Brody and fueding with him, or going after Adams since he was to cash in and never got the chance. The whole thing is brilliant. I could never have come up with a way to run that angle like that, just brilliant.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote