Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-15-2008, 04:17 PM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

1984 Playoff thread

Sunday night we have

Atlanta vs Baltimore for the Continental League Championship

and

San Diego vs Hartford in a rematch of last season's Republic League Championship

Just like last season, there will be no chance to re-upload between championship series and the FOOL Classic. Any team that wants to send in simple conditional changes via PM just in case you make the Classic are welcome to do so, but I need them before the sim starts tommorrow

Last edited by Alan T : 11-15-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It's tonight?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:21 PM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
It's tonight?

Sorry.. Sunday.. This says alot about what type of weekend I've had.

Sorry about that.

I'm actually starting to run a fever too on top of everything.. I think the doctor calls for a full day tommorrow of NFL football without any of my kids anywhere around and not getting on the computer for work at all.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #4
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Jack Daniels until your vision gets slightly fuzzy, then switch to as much water as you can drink without wetting yourself. Pile every blanket sweateshirt etc you own on and sleep with the windows closed. Day 2, the football no kids plan does not require modification. Good as new by monday.

Hope you feel better.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:26 PM   #5
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGuru View Post
Jack Daniels until your vision gets slightly fuzzy, then switch to as much water as you can drink without wetting yourself. Pile every blanket sweateshirt etc you own on and sleep with the windows closed. Day 2, the football no kids plan does not require modification. Good as new by monday.

Hope you feel better.

I hope you are taking new patients, cause that is the style of newage medacine I am looking for in a doctor.

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:00 PM   #6
Anthony
Banned

i need 10 min
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:00 PM   #7
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
i need 10 min

No sim on Saturday nights. Next sim is tommorrow evening, so you have plenty of time. no rush.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:13 PM   #8
Anthony
Banned

lol, i exported so i guess i'm reaaaaal early then.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:52 PM   #9
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
lol, i exported so i guess i'm reaaaaal early then.

Once again I recommend Jack and a couple layers of sweatsuits.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:33 PM   #10
Tasan
College Starter

I've exported but I won't be around tonight more than likely. We're traveling and I hate posting via blackberry. This site really needs a mobile template.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:57 PM   #11
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Completely unsure if I will be around. I am going to the hockey game tonight, or I am supposed to anyway. The fires may interfere with that, but it's impossible to tell right now. I will export of course. If you see me, great. If not, good luck to everyone.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:41 PM   #12
Ramzavail
College Starter

I'll be around and I'm exporting now, my starting pitching was amazing.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:58 PM   #13
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The FOOL Championship Series start in 2 minutes!

Old 11-16-2008, 10:00 PM   #14
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Good luck to our playoff teams.. Getting the exports now.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:02 PM   #15
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Exports from everyone except Rio Grande

Old 11-16-2008, 10:05 PM   #16
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

We start off with the 1984 FOOL Allstar game. Who knows if this is a sign of things to come, but the Republic League defeat the Continental League All stars 5-1. H. Matthews (CLB) and J. Gonzalez (ATL) both hit home runs. The win goes to E. Burke and the loss to M. Brown.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:15 PM   #17
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

We're all set to begin the 1984 League Championship Series.

The Republic League Championship Series starts off with the following pitching matchup:

Billy Smith (19-10 3.00 ERA) for Hartford

vs

Guillermo Arrojo (16-8 2.09 ERA) for San Diego

The game starts off as quite the pitcher's duel until the top of the 4th. With 2-outs, San Diego get 2 straight walks followed by a M. Daniels RBI Triple to score two runs.

Hartford answers in the bottom of the 4th with a McGill score on a wild pitch and then another score in the bottom of the 8th on yet another wild pitch from Arrojo to move S. Anderson to third followed by a sacrifice fly.

With the score tied at 2, San Diego threatens to steal a win in Hartford with a Narvaes RBI sac fly in the top of the 9th, but Hartford once again ties it up in the bottom of the inning on an Anderson RBI single.

Neither team can do anything in extra innings for the first several innings. Finally in the bottom of the 13th with Osborn in to pitch for the Fathers, he walks Watkins to lead off the inning. The runner is moved to second on a ground out, but then scores on another Anderson RBI single.

Hartford wins 4-3 (13 innings)

Hartford takes a 1 game to 0 lead in the series.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:22 PM   #18
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Game 1 of the Continental League Championship series has D. Lewis (16-7 2.64 ERA) for Baltimore vs T. Qian (20-2 2.20 ERA) for Atlanta.

This game starts a bit more explosively than the RL game one did. In the bottom of the first, Baltimore strikes immediately with a double from their lead off hitter Fujii (anyone remember me drafting him?). Robinson follows with an RBI single to make the score 1-0 without a single out in the game. Qian pitches out of the trouble and escapes the first with only a one run deficit.

Atlanta recovers that deficit in the top of the second with a Little Solo Homer and then takes the lead in the top of the third with an Abbott solo homer.

In the bottom of the fourth a Waller Single and Martinez RBI double tie the game back up for Baltimore 2-2. Atlanta however continues to score every single run this game on solo homers in the top of the 5th with another Abbott solo home run.

In the bottom of the 6th, Martinez gets on base safe on a bunt, followed by a Costa walk and a Mata sac-bunt. With a runner at third, Higman hits a RBI single to tie the game up once again at 3 and that score carries all the way through the 9th inning. It appears that both game ones will be heading to extra frames!

Atlanta has no intention of playing too late into the night however, and in the top of the 10th, Lopez starts things off with a single. Abbott reaches on an error by the Baltimore second baseman, but two fly outs in the inning puts the go ahead run at second with two outs for Romero.

Romero hits a hot shot at the shortstop, who boots it.. Lopez scores from third and Atlanta goes into the lead 4-3. Villegas finally comes in to pitch for Baltimore and gets Gonzalez to ground out to end the inning.

Martland is pitching for the Firecrackers in the bottom of the 10th, and strikes out three of four hitters to clinch the game for Atlanta.

Atlanta wins 4-3 (10 innings)

Atlanta takes a 1 game to 0 lead in the Championship series.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #19
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Game 2 in the Republic League Championship series features Burke for San Diego vs Aquino for Hartford.

San Diego gets 2 in the first on a B. Barrett 2 run homer, Hartford gets 1 in the first on an Eaton RBI single and a second run in the second on an Anderson RBI single.

San Diego breaks the tie in the 5th on a Rangel RBI single only to watch Hartford tie it again in the bottom of the inning on an Eaton RBI double.

In the top of the 6th, San Diego goes up 4-3 on an RBI single from Daniels, and that lead holds all the way into the 9th...

Clark comes in to pitch for the Fathers but immediately gives up a double to the lead off hitting Holcombe. Baker and Anderson strike out back to back, but with two outs Harmon hits an RBI double for the only score of the inning.

After 9 innings, the game is tied 4-4, and once again it is extra innings!

It doesn't take as many extra innings this time for anyone to score however.. in the top of the 11th, Estronza starts off with a triple and then later scores on a ground out by Narvaes.. but San Diego has the lead 5-4!

Osborn comes in to pitch in the bottom of the 11th.. he was the goat in game one.. He starts off this inning by getting Montomery to strike out and Holcombe to fly out. With two outs however he gives up a Baker solo homer.. and the 11th ends once again with another tie.

In the 12th, San Diego scores again on a Rangel Triple and Maeda RBI single. This time Osborn gets a 1-2-3 bottom of the 12th inning to win the game for San Diego

San Diego wins 6-5 (12 innings)

The Republic League Championship Series is tied 1 game each.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:31 PM   #20
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Game 2 of the Continental League Championship Series has Brown pitching for Baltimore vs Artie Wiley of Atlanta.

Atlanta gets two quick scores on a Poole RBI single in the first and a third run on a Cutileiro RBI double in the second.

Baltimore ties things up in the bottom of the third with a big inning that features 5 hits including 2 runs scoring on a Fujii RBI double.

That is all Baltimore can manage in this game however as Atlanta scores one in the top of the 4th and another in the top of the 7th to win this one going away.

Atlanta wins 5-3

Atlanta takes a 2 game to 0 lead going back home to Atlanta.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:34 PM   #21
Tasan
College Starter

Hi folks, back from my trip. Go RL!
Old 11-16-2008, 10:34 PM   #22
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Game three of the Continental League Championship has Clarke pitching for the firecrackers and Flores looking to stop the losing streak for Baltimore.

Things don't appear to change much for Baltimore in this game however. Atlanta scores two in the bottom of the first on a Cutileiro RBI triple and Romero RBI ground out.

The Gothams scrap one back in the 4th, but a Kiyomizu Solo homer in the bottom of the 4th for Atlanta regains the 2 run lead, and then in the bottom of the 5th Atlanta scores three more times to break it wide open.

Baltimore will end up scoring a few more runs, but never get back in this one.

Atlanta wins 8-4

Atlanta takes a 3 game to 0 lead in the series

Old 11-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #23
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Game three in the Republic League Championship is much lower scoring in a duel between Robinson (Hartford) and Lee (San Diego).

San Diego jumps into the lead in the 3rd on a 2-run Home Run by Schmidt and extends it in the 6th by a Barrett Solo homer.

In the top of the 8th, with Lee still pitching for the Fathers, Hartford manages to get one run back on a Cervantes RBI single. Clark comes in to try to close this one out in the 9th, but he gives up a lead off double to Baker and then a 1 out walk to Watkins. With the tieing run at first and one out, Montgomery sacrifice bunts Watkins to second.

Clark winds up.. and pitches to Holcombe with two outs and two men on.. and this one goes waaaaaay outside.. a Wild pitch! Baker scores and the tying run moves to third. Holcombe completely misses the next pitch however and strikes out to end the game.

San Diego wins 3-2

San Diego takes a 2 game to 1 lead in the series.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:42 PM   #24
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Game four of the Continental League Championship features Duffy pitching for Atlanta, and Rodriguez will be pitching for Baltimore. Baltimore is one loss away from being swept in the CL championship series.

With their season on the line, Fujii reaches first on the very first pitch of the game by bunting for a hit. Robinson then reaches via an error and a Waller sacrifice bunt moves them both up a base. A Sanchez ground out scores one, but that is all they get as Martinez then grounds out to end the inning. Baltimore however has a 1-0 lead after 1/2 of an inning.

In the Bottom of the third, Atlanta has three singles, including an RBI single from Romero and then a RBI double from Kiyomizu to leapfrog to the 2-1 lead. They tack on another run in the 5th thanks to a Cutileiro sacrifice fly and another in the bottom of the 7th on a Romero Solo homer.

Baltimore just can't get any other offense going and they never get back into this one.

Baltimore loses 4-1

Atlanta has won the 1984 Continental League Championship 4 games to 0!

Old 11-16-2008, 10:45 PM   #25
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Game four for the Republic League Championship has Lewis pitching for the Fathers and Williams for the Harpooners.

Hartford starts out the scoring in the first inning on a McGill RBI single while San Diego can not get anything going until the bottom of the fifth when Narvaes scores on an error by the third baseman to tie the game at 1-1.

In the bottom of the 6th, Rangel hits a solo homer and Schmidt scores another for San Diego on a wild pitch to give the Fathers a 3-1 lead. A Tabachri Solo home run in the 7th makes it a 3 run game and that pretty much spells curtains for Hartford.

San Diego wins 4 - 1

San Diego takes a three game to 1 lead in the CL championship series.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:48 PM   #26
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Game five is a rematch from game 1 of Arrojo vs Smith. Hartford's season is on the line as a loss here sends them home for the first time since 1976 that they would not have been in the FOOL Classic.

This game turns out to be quite the pitcher's dual once again until the bottom of the 5th. Cervantes hits a three run homer to help Hartford jump to an early lead.

san Diego gets one run back on a Stace RBI single in the 6th, but Hartford slams the door shut on them in the bottom of the 7th by scoring 3 more runs on 2 hits and 2 walks.

Hartford wins 6 - 1

San Diego still leads the series 3 games to 2.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #27
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Game four of the Continental League Championship features Duffy pitching for Atlanta, and Rodriguez will be pitching for Baltimore. Baltimore is one loss away from being swept in the CL championship series.

With their season on the line, Fujii reaches first on the very first pitch of the game by bunting for a hit. Robinson then reaches via an error and a Waller sacrifice bunt moves them both up a base. A Sanchez ground out scores one, but that is all they get as Martinez then grounds out to end the inning. Baltimore however has a 1-0 lead after 1/2 of an inning.

In the Bottom of the third, Atlanta has three singles, including an RBI single from Romero and then a RBI double from Kiyomizu to leapfrog to the 2-1 lead. They tack on another run in the 5th thanks to a Cutileiro sacrifice fly and another in the bottom of the 7th on a Romero Solo homer.

Baltimore just can't get any other offense going and they never get back into this one.

Baltimore loses 4-1

Congrats Chief!
Old 11-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #28
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

Baltimore loses 4-1

Dang....0-8 since the wildcard was introduced. Time to find some players with a better clutch rating!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 11-16-2008, 10:50 PM   #29
Ramzavail
College Starter

come on dammit
Old 11-16-2008, 10:51 PM   #30
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Game six is a rematch from game two between Aquino and Burke.

Both teams score in the first, Hartford has an Eaton RBI single in the top of the inning and Estonza hits a RBI double in the bottom of the first.

San Diego breaks the tie in the bottom of the 4th with a Schmidt RBI double, however Hartford score two more themselves in the top of the 6th on a RBI single by Watkins and a RBI double from Montgomery to take a 3-2 lead.

Both pitchers lock down and keep the other team from scoring for the remainder of the game, and San Diego can not break back into the lead in this one.

Hartford wins 3-2

The Republic League Championship Series is all tied up at three games each.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:52 PM   #31
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Woohoo! Way to go, Atlanta!

Sorry it wasn't more competitive, ekcut. We both now that's not indicative of the talent of either team, so it's unfortunate it wasn't a better series. I'll try to make it better by winning the whole thing.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:52 PM   #32
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Game seven heads back to Hartford and will be the deciding game in what has been the closest matched Championship series since FOOL brought back expanded playoffs.

David Lee is pitching for San Diego and so far this series is 1-0 with a 1.13 ERA.

For Hartford, they will be sending Dylan Robinson to the mound. Robinson is 0-1 in this championship series, however he only has a 3.38 ERA thus far.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:54 PM   #33
Ramzavail
College Starter

come on Doodles
Old 11-16-2008, 10:54 PM   #34
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The first two and a half innings pass by scoreless, but then the bottom of the third Lee hits a snag. He strikes out Anderson to start the inning off, but then gives up back to back singles to Tolmie and McGill. Eaton Sacrifice bunts them both over for the second out of the inning.

With two outs, Zhao hits a RBI double into Right-center to score both runs! Watkins follows with a walk.. but then Lee gets Montgomery to strike out to end the inning and get out of the jam with 2 runners left on base..

After three, Hartford leads 2-0

Old 11-16-2008, 10:55 PM   #35
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Woohoo! Way to go, Atlanta!

Sorry it wasn't more competitive, ekcut. We both now that's not indicative of the talent of either team, so it's unfortunate it wasn't a better series. I'll try to make it better by winning the whole thing.

Great job Chief. Give it to those RL punks good!!!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 11-16-2008, 10:56 PM   #36
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

It does not take long at all for San Diego to get those runs back however. In the top of the 4th, Stace starts things out with a double. Rangel sacrifices him over to third for Barrett. He takes two called strikes before blasting one deep deep deep to right field. a 407 ft homer to tie the game back up at 2!

That remains the score all the way through the 8th inning.

After 8 innings, the deciding game of the 1984 Republic League Championship Series is tied up 2-2!

Old 11-16-2008, 10:56 PM   #37
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Go San Diego! (j/k muns )

Go whoever. I don't have a dog in this fight.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:59 PM   #38
Tasan
College Starter

GO RAMZ! Knock off those giants!
Old 11-16-2008, 10:59 PM   #39
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Robinson is still pitching for Hartford in the 9th, and muns decides to keep him in there. It turns out to be a good decision as he gets Barrett to strike out looking, Schmidt to ground out to Short, and Narvaes to strike out swinging on the full count pitch for a 1-2-3 inning.

In the bottom of the 9th, Clark comes in to pitch for San Diego. He gets Warren to fly out to start the inning. After three fouled off pitches, Anderson then hits one to third which is booted.. the runner is safe at first!

Harmon sacrifice bunts him over to second.. the winning run is now at 2nd with 2 outs with McGill coming up to bat.

Over the past four seasons, McGill has averaged over 130 RBIs per season, and now it appears both team's seasons might be coming down to his at bat.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:01 PM   #40
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

McGill takes the first pith as a ball.. The second pitch is to his liking however and he hits one between Short and third base.. Anderson rounds third and he will be trying for home.....

The throw......

Is NOT in time.. Anderson scores!

Hartford wins 3-2

Hartford wins the 1984 Republic League Championship series four games to three.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:02 PM   #41
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ooh, tight one. Good series from both teams.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:02 PM   #42
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Way to choke, San Diego.

Hartford v. Atlanta with the winner claiming their 3rd FOOL title. Good luck to Chief and Jeremy.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:06 PM   #43
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Good luck to Hartford! 8 RL titles and now it's time for another title! It's time!
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:06 PM   #44
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The FOOL Classic will be starting in about 5 - 6 minutes. just need to do some league clerical work real quick

Old 11-16-2008, 11:08 PM   #45
Ramzavail
College Starter

ugh good series. so disppointing.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:09 PM   #46
Tasan
College Starter

Go RL!

Sorry Chief!
Old 11-16-2008, 11:12 PM   #47
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Monday, September 17th, 1984
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed RF S. Martínez to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed CF D. Blais to a minor league contract extension.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed 2B G. Tovar to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed C T. Johnston to a minor league contract extension.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed SP S. Sullivan to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $390,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed MR C. Fraters to a minor league contract extension.
New York Panthers: Signed CF A. Pantusa to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed 1B H. Barber to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed MR I. Sandoval to a minor league contract extension.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed 3B M. Owens to a minor league contract extension.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed 2B D. Francis to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $860,000.
Toronto Osprey: Signed MR J. Miller to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $850,000.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed RF R. George to a minor league contract extension.
New York Panthers: Signed 2B N. Suzuki to a minor league contract extension.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed LF G. Gonzáles to a minor league contract extension.
San Diego Fathers: Signed CL J. Clark to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $8,130,000.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed LF D. Hurley to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $2,180,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed 1B R. Butler to a minor league contract extension.
San Diego Fathers: Signed SP E. Burke to a 6-year contract extension worth a total of $48,840,000.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed MR M. Kobayashi to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $315,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed 1B R. Robinson to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed 1B S. Ortíz to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $1,060,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed 2B C. Situ to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed LF G. Vilardeb to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed C B. Hernández to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed RF B. Hines to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed 1B G. Zhang to a minor league contract extension.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed C L. Peschisolido to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $1,040,000.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed SS J. Conley to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $1,290,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed 2B S. Brock to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $750,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed LF W. Davis to a minor league contract extension.
New York Panthers: Signed CL L. Hynes to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $235,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed SP C. Tolbert to a minor league contract extension.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed SP G. Jones to a minor league contract extension.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed RF L. Cavalcanti to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $2,000,000.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed LF H. Crawford to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed 3B B. Hughes to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed MR D. Carmona to a minor league contract extension.
New York Panthers: Signed SP C. Cardona to a minor league contract extension.

Sunday, September 16th, 1984
Colorado Rancheros: Signed MR L. Jenkins to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $235,000.
New York Panthers: Signed CF D. Harper to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed CF F. Ortega to a minor league contract extension.
San Diego Fathers: Signed LF J. Estronza to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $26,655,000.
New York Panthers: Signed RF T. Blake to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $1,310,000.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed 1B M. Duncan to a minor league contract extension.
New York Panthers: Signed SP H. Telfer to a minor league contract extension.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed CL C. Ortega to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $870,000.

Saturday, September 15th, 1984
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed 3B M. Barnett to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed RF M. Veillette to a minor league contract extension.
New York Panthers: Signed SP I. Valle to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $3,460,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed MR O. Reyna to a minor league contract extension.
New York Panthers: Signed SP E. Brown to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $10,140,000.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed C G. Johnson to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed LF F. Fernández to a minor league contract extension.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed MR R. Peña to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $470,000.
San Diego Fathers: Signed SP C. Adams to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $1,455,000.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed 2B M. Martínez to a minor league contract extension.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed 3B A. Gutiérrez to a minor league contract extension.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed 1B L. LeBlanc to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $640,000.

Friday, September 14th, 1984
San Diego Fathers: Signed RF J. Quinborough to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed 1B A. Herrera to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed CF T. Parker to a minor league contract extension.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed 3B H. Eperaima to a minor league contract extension.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed MR J. Pérez to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $2,880,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed 2B A. Pérez to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed SP D. Díaz to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed CF C. Williamson to a minor league contract extension.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed SP G. Hernández to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $560,000.
New York Panthers: Signed 2B R. Ellis to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $975,000.

Thursday, September 13th, 1984
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed RF J. Frye to a minor league contract extension.
Toronto Osprey: Signed free agent MR S. Iles to a 3-year contract worth a total of $1,050,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed RF M. Yi to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $660,000.
New York Panthers: Signed SP D. Shepard to a minor league contract extension.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent MR J. Soto to a 2-year contract worth a total of $380,000.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed free agent MR J. Luna to a 3-year contract worth a total of $1,400,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed SP R. Rodríguez to a 7-year contract extension worth a total of $17,430,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed SS D. Cameron to a minor league contract extension.
San Diego Fathers: Signed 2B F. Bolden to a minor league contract extension.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent C V. Mota to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,350,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed 1B B. Slot to a minor league contract extension.
Long Island Violators: Signed MR J. Gómez to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $940,000.
New York Panthers: Signed SP I. Beens to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $2,640,000.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed SS R. Pacheco to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $3,600,000.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed RF J. Mendoza to a minor league contract extension.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent 2B C. Andrew to a 2-year contract worth a total of $980,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent RF G. Turner to a 1-year contract worth a total of $375,000.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent LF L. Pierce to a 2-year contract worth a total of $970,000.
Toronto Osprey: Signed free agent CF L. Valdés to a 1-year contract worth a total of $550,000.
New York Panthers: Signed MR A. Córdova to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $235,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed SS J. Peters to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed 1B T. Penn to a minor league contract extension.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed 1B G. Mata to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $2,170,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed MR S. Cash to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $1,680,000.
Toronto Osprey: Signed free agent 1B M. Díaz to a minor league contract.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:12 PM   #48
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Boo! Go Crackers! Go CL!

Old 11-16-2008, 11:16 PM   #49
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The 1984 FOOL Classic features:

Atlanta Firecrackers (97-57), the first Continental Cup winner to make the FOOL Classic since the playoffs re-expanded last season.

vs:

Hartford Harpooners (98-56), the Republic League Juggernaut that has been in the Classic each of the past 8 seasons.

Game 1 has T. Qian pitching for Atlanta. So far this postseason, Qian is 0-0 with a 3.38 ERA.

For Hartford, they will be sending B. Smith to the mound. He went 1-0 with a 2.20 ERA in the RLCS.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:19 PM   #50
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

What a pitching match game 1 ends up being. The game remains scoreless until the 7th inning.

In the top of the 7th, Abbott reaches base on a 1-out bunt that he beat the throw on. Cutileiro follows with a single that moves Abbott around from first to third base. Abbott then scores the first run of the game on a ground out by Kiyomizu to the first baseman.

Hartford answers immediately in the bottom of the 7th however with an Anderson 2 out RBI single to tie things back up 1-1.

In the bottom of the 8th, Hartford strikes again on an Eaton RBI single to go ahead 2-1.

That sends Atlanta up in the top of the 9th, down by one for Hennessey to come in to try to close this out for the Harpooners.

Lopez starts things off with a single and is pinch ran for by Contreras. The tying run is on first, for Little to come to bat...