Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-18-2004, 09:36 AM   #1
Galaril
Pro Starter

The Lord of the Rings:Battle for Middle Earth

I almost forgot about this one coming out about the same time(Nov6) as the Return of the King Extended Platinum Edition DVD.Here is a great in-depth article on this upcoming possibly revolutionary RTS with what really sounds like some first hand release candidate palytime and impressions.He is pretty fair it's mentioning good and bad points he noticed.I am looking forward to this one along with the Rome Total War AI patch that will most like ly be out about the same time it sounds like.

Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth

Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 06:44 AM   #2
Galaril
Pro Starter

Preview scans for this game from CGW magazine.It is gonna be totally moddable including the artwork assets((A Song of Fire and Ice mod?). I am thinking about preordering this one has anyone else been waiting for this?

Lord of the Rings:Battle for Middle Earth

Last edited by Galaril : 11-20-2004 at 06:44 AM.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:26 AM   #3
Blackadar
Retired

It sure looks cool, but my system sadly won't run it (too old). I'm also not a huge fan of RTS games, so we'll see.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 07:50 AM   #4
Galaril
Pro Starter

Actually, If you could play Command and conquer:Generals or rise of nation or KOTOR you should be fine .the minimum specs are fairly low.The minimums they are listing are:
System Requirements

CPU: 1.3 GHz or faster
RAM: 256 MB
Disc Drive: 8x or faster CD/DVD drive (DVD drive required for DVD-ROM version)
Hard Drive: 4 GB or more free space
Video: DirectX 9.0b compatable with 32 MB or more memory; NVIDIA GeForce 2 GTS or greater, ATI Radeon 7500 or greater
Sound: DirectX 9.0b compatable
Input: Keyboard and mouse

One set of discs per PC. 512 MB RAM needed for 3 or more Players. Network (2-8 Players); Internet (2 players): 56 Kbps Internet Connection, (3-8 Players): Cable, DSL, or a faster connection.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:44 AM   #5
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

After hesitating for more than 8 months, I finally break down and buy the game.

The spec requirements are on the dot, and I've got a respectable system, so I was able to play the game fine with normal settings.

I must say, I am truly impressed with the game. From reviews, I've read that characters DIE in the game, although if it's an important character (Aragorn) he'll resurface when you need him back. I've just gone through about 10+ campaign missions, and have just finished Helm's Deep... the game really gave me the atmosphere of that battle... I was severely outnumbered and the gates were crashing down... my heroes were there at the walls... and then... BOOM. A part walls explode via some nutsack Orc carrying explosives... the bad thing: Theoden, Boromir (who i saved from death earlier) and Eowyn were there... and DIED. Jeez. And you get a nice message too, that the King has fallen. So I'm there, my heroes dead... and the game goes on! So, with my pool of men dwindling, Aragorn, Gimili and Legolas on the vergo of defeat... lo and behold, my wonderful Rohirrim army (which I built up during their separate mission sets) comes to save the day.

Not sure if those three dead heroes come back to life in future missions. Will wait and see.... heh.

All in all, I'm impressed with the game. And I can't believe it took me this long to buy it! :P I'll give it an 8 out of 10.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:48 AM   #6
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Bump. Un-archive. Remember to let me know when you bump an archived thread.