Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-03-2023, 02:50 PM   #2751
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Sorry, Idaho.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Last edited by GrantDawg : 01-03-2023 at 02:50 PM.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 02:50 PM   #2752
GrantDawg

Potatoes not corn.

Old 01-03-2023, 02:50 PM   #2753
molson
General Manager

It's cool, we don't really want people to know we have mountains and rivers and lakes and shit, and aren't flat.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 02:51 PM   #2754
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Potatoes not corn.

Ammon Bundy not Kirk Ferentz
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 02:53 PM   #2755
molson
General Manager

That's true but you don't have to say it.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 09:57 AM   #2756
cuervo72
Head Coach

Not at school, but some child victims.

8 found fatally shot in Utah home, including 5 children

Last edited by cuervo72 : 01-05-2023 at 09:58 AM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 08:43 AM   #2757
cuervo72
Head Coach

Oh.

Guns more effective than Teslas for this, I suppose.
Old 01-06-2023, 08:48 AM   #2758
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Guess it was exactly what it looked like in the initial report. Terrible.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 08:58 AM   #2759
Ksyrup

Quote:
A statement from the White House said “the President and First Lady are mourning with the Enoch City, Utah community in the wake of a tragic shooting” before pointing out the need for more gun control laws.

With all due respect to the President, this type of shooting really doesn't seem like something you can legislate against, and while I get that it's another opportunity to bring up "we need gun control," it's the exact kind of thing that allows for warranted criticism. It's entirely possible (likely, even) that he didn't need a high capacity firearm to commit these murders. Anyone with a clean record can go buy a handgun or two and do what he did. There's no way to legislate against this. I could go buy a gun and kill my family this weekend if it was in my mind. There's no reason to prevent me from buying a gun and no one knows why I'm buying it.

The real issue is that this is a battle for what will be a decades-long "rewiring" of people's minds against gun culture and turning to this kind of annihilation as a means of coping with or resolving problems/adversity. But of course, that's tough work and requires acknowledging we have a gun culture problem, so....
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 01-06-2023 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-06-2023, 09:57 AM   #2760
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Clearly the issue is the wife, her mom, and all 5 kids should have had guns of their own
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 09:58 AM   #2761
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Clearly the issue is the wife, her mom, and all 5 kids should have had guns of their own

Or declared the house a 'gun-free' zone.
Old 01-06-2023, 01:10 PM   #2762
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

So you're saying here that one thing is equal to another thing? Right? That's your point?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 01:49 PM   #2763
Ksyrup

Old 01-06-2023, 02:18 PM   #2764
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Oh.

Guns more effective than Teslas for this, I suppose.

This one happened near where I grew up. Another family annihilator (learned something from Criminal Minds).

Just incredibly depressing.

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 02:26 PM   #2765
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

A 7 year old shot a teacher.
Old 01-06-2023, 02:49 PM   #2766
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

Needed police patrols and locked doors
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 07:13 AM   #2767
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
A 7 year old shot a teacher.

6 years old actually. America!!!

Just as an aside, what do you do with a kid like this?
Old 01-07-2023, 07:38 AM   #2768
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
6 years old actually. America!!!

Just as an aside, what do you do with a kid like this?

Depends on why. I did not read anything of a possible motive?
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 07:46 AM   #2769
Ksyrup

All I saw is that it wasn't an accident. Not sure what you do with the kid, but if the gun came from home you charge the parent(s) and get social services involved.
Old 01-07-2023, 08:38 AM   #2770
GrantDawg

I read there is a type of child probation system that handles cases like this. Regular supervision by social services and mandated mental programs.

Old 01-07-2023, 08:47 AM   #2771
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Needed police patrols and locked doors

Armed guards for every home.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 12:05 PM   #2772
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
Armed guards for every home.

Just arm parents.........oh wait
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 04:02 PM   #2773
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
All I saw is that it wasn't an accident. Not sure what you do with the kid, but if the gun came from home you charge the parent(s) and get social services involved.

Looks like you don't do much of anything with the kid.

What we know and don't know about the case of a 6-year-old who allegedly shot his teacher | CNN

Quote:
While it’s technically possible for prosecutors to file charges against a 6-year-old in Virginia, which does not have a statutory age limit, “it is incredibly unlikely that it would lead to a successful prosecution,” said Andrew Block, an associate professor at the University of Virginia School of Law.

The main hurdle, Block said, is a defendant must be found competent to stand trial – meaning the court must find the defendant is able to both understand the nature of the legal proceedings against him and assist his lawyers in his own defense.

“It’s virtually impossible to imagine that a 6-year-old would meet either of the criteria necessary to find competency,” said Block, who is also the former director of the Virginia Department of Juvenile Justice

Hypothetically, if prosecutors did file charges, the 6-year-old’s attorneys would have available to them the “infancy defense,” Block said, which essentially says anyone under the age of seven can never be found criminally responsible.

The student is also likely too young for a detention center if he were to be found guilty, Block told CNN. “The juvenile justice system is not set up to handle kids this young,” he said.

The courts would have limited options in Virginia, where one must be 11 years old to be held in custody in a state facility, Block said. That leaves open other possibilities, like residential treatment or “wraparound” support services for the family.

Alternatively, the student could be found to be a “child in need of services,” Block said, which would mean the child was “engaging in behavior that puts either themselves or others at serious risk of harm,” and the courts could step in to make sure the child received the needed services.

“Given the little that we know, that seems like it would be a more expedient, appropriate and hopefully productive path for people to pursue if it ends up going to court at all,” Block said.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 04:17 PM   #2774
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Step one: remove child from their home.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 04:45 PM   #2775
Ksyrup

Exactly. And once the determine the origin of the gun, charge that person (those people) and if they are the parents, use it as evidence to take the kid on a more permanent basis.
Old 01-10-2023, 06:14 PM   #2776
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Step one: remove child from their home.

I am only being half actually a quarter serious when I say this but why?

I just saw an interview with the police chief and he gave this answer when asked how does a six year old know how to use a firearm.

Quote:
CHIEF STEVE DREW, NEWPORT NEWS, VIRGINIA: How does a six-year-old know how to use a firearm? I don't know that I could give you an adequate answer. I know that I have seen some video games out there that depict it pretty clearly, whether it is something that might be a toy at one point, I don't know how to answer that. It is unprecedented. I don't know how to answer that question.

The video game trope aside, welcome to the U.S. Chief. Kids in the U.S. grow up around guns. Kids in the U.S. are taught to load and shoot guns even at the tender age of six years old. Kids in the U.S. are around as the adults in their lives learned how to shoot. The kid definitely was intentional in shooting the teacher aka he did not point the gun for show so he at least pick up the training of only point your weapon as someone or something you intend to shoot/kill.

I think the child should be removed given the parent's inability to secure the weapon and I don't think a six year old child should be shown how to shoot a gun. But I know that a significant part of the country disagrees with me. If removing the child from the home is due to him shooting the teacher and that is what is done when a child under eighteen takes their parents' gun and shoots someone, then that is what should be done. But outside of that? Yeah, I just got through seeing way too many family Christmas photos with kids holding guns for me to make that the basis for removing him from his home.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 01-10-2023, 06:22 PM   #2777
GrantDawg

I have said it before on here: I am in and out of houses pretty regularly. People that have loaded weapons lying around in houses with young kids running around is staggering. Rifles/Shotguns sitting next to windows like they are expecting an attack at any moment. Handguns sitting on bedside tables, or even the side tables next to the sofa. I'm honestly shocked more children aren't killed playing with guns.

Old 01-12-2023, 11:48 AM   #2779
GrantDawg

Has there ever been a better sequence of tweets than this:
Old 01-12-2023, 01:21 PM   #2780
Ksyrup

I saw that earlier. Hilarious. The blood red toenail polish is a nice touch.

And congratulations to Ms. O'Donnell for crushing her new year's resolutions so quickly.
Old 01-24-2023, 02:09 AM   #2781
RainMaker
General Manager

This is really weird.

Old 01-24-2023, 05:21 AM   #2782
miami_fan
Coordinator

Seems like a perfect assimilation to the American way of life to me.
Old 01-24-2023, 12:41 PM   #2783
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
This is really weird.

Even more weird that it times so closely to the Lunar New Year.
Old 01-24-2023, 12:50 PM   #2784
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Even more weird that it times so closely to the Lunar New Year.
It really makes me wonder if this wasn't some Q-annon type conspiracy in the Asain community that triggered this. But then, it could just be crazy coincidence.
Old 01-24-2023, 01:54 PM   #2785
Edward64
Head Coach

I think it’s just 2 old, lonely, very depressed Asian guys. And CNY just reinforced how unfair life was to them because they saw so many others happily celebrating.

But yeah, assimilation to US culture. They should follow the Japanese culture and go into the Redwoods and just die by themselves. What frakkers.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 04:32 PM   #2786
Ksyrup

I believe it's 3 older Asian shooters, not 2.
Old 01-24-2023, 04:53 PM   #2787
cougarfreak
College Starter

Yet another school shooting.

https://www.today.com/news/kentucky-...turn-rcna66055

Looks like a case study for stupidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by cougarfreak : 01-24-2023 at 04:53 PM.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 07:58 PM   #2788
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
https://www.today.com/news/kentucky-...turn-rcna66055

Looks like a case study for stupidity.

I thought you were at Conner? You're not? I figured if anyone knew the ins and outs of this one it would be you.

Like Steam?

Old 01-28-2023, 02:24 PM   #2789
cougarfreak
College Starter

I am. That’s me in the article. I work for morons. What I am having to put up with us unfathomable.

Old 01-28-2023, 03:23 PM   #2790
PilotMan
Head Coach

For that I'm truly sorry. You're in a terrible position here. You are stuck with what you're stuck with, get very little to no backing support, and are the evil doer who has to respond to all the parents who are, well, just unwilling to see any other position other than the one they specifically want. That's a vice, you didn't put yourself in, and have no power to escape from.

Like Steam?

Old 02-02-2023, 05:26 PM   #2791
JPhillips
General Manager

The 5th Circuit has ruled that it's unconstitutional to bar guns from people under a domestic violence restraining order.
Old 02-02-2023, 05:57 PM   #2792
GrantDawg

They are slowly dismantling any gun laws that exist. Basically, going to have to repeal the Second Amendment for any chance of even the simplest gun laws, which is ridiculous.

Old 02-02-2023, 06:01 PM   #2793
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I wish we had moved to the UK 4 years ago when my wife was offered to run it for her company.

This place is so fucked.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 08:14 PM   #2794
GrantDawg

At least 5 shot on the campus of Michigan State. Still an Active shooter as of last report.

Old 02-13-2023, 08:46 PM   #2795
GrantDawg

So far, they say there was shooting at two separate buildings on campus. Only one shooter, and he is on foot.

Old 02-14-2023, 07:01 AM   #2796
Ksyrup

He killed himself. 43 years old, apparently no connection to the school.

School shootings are so popular regular shooters are going there to join in I guess.
Old 02-14-2023, 07:33 AM   #2797
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
School shootings are so popular regular shooters are going there to join in I guess.

Great fuel for everyone who mocks gun-free school zones.
Old 02-14-2023, 08:58 AM   #2798
PilotMan
Head Coach

Republicans don't want any limitations on where they can carry guns, even if a business, county, city, etc, says they are not allowed, they fully support the right of someone to carry them from one legal jurisdiction into an illegal one and point to the previous location as the reason they are exempt.

Republicans also want to keep women from being able to go to states where they can get abortions, or to outlaw the abortion pill and and make it an offense if they bring it into, or ship it to, a place where they would love to make it illegal.

Got that? Guns legal everywhere and you can't stop us. Birthing choice for women, totally illegal, we'll tell you when and where to go to have your baby, and God help us if we think you won't, and furthermore, good luck getting any help raising it, because you should have thought of that before you spread your whore legs.

Like Steam?

Old 02-14-2023, 11:58 AM   #2799
RainMaker
General Manager

No background checks for your gun purchase but we will need you to document your 14 year olds menstrual cycle if she wants to play soccer at school.
Old 02-18-2023, 03:21 PM   #2800
cuervo72
Head Coach

But I was led to believe murders only happened in big blue cities!

6 dead in Arkabutla, Mississippi shootings; suspect identified