Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-15-2004, 07:02 AM   #201
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
I think someone hitting two daily doubles (and wagering heavily on them) is the only real chance anyone has.

I wonder. While this guy is certainly amazing, they seem to be buying suits for street people lately to find Ken's opponents - after all, him winning is good for ratings.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:04 AM   #202
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I think he's going to lose pretty soon. Now that he's hit $1M, he appears to be attempting to buzz in on every question, whether or not he knows the answer. There were several times (more often than previously) where he struggled to come up with an answer after buzzing in. That, and when he gets a daily double, he's being more aggressive. He almost lost yesterday because he bet nearly $10K on 2 daily doubles that he missed.

He can still get by with a fraction of the correct responses he usually has, but he pulled his ass out of the fire last night. I think he'll continue to go for broke more often and will get knocked out pretty soon. I mean, after you've amassed $1M, what's another $17K on top of it? That's almost not worth the trouble. It's only worth it if he can continue to add $50K every show.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-15-2004 at 07:04 AM.
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 07:42 AM   #203
QuikSand
lolzcat

Last night proved interesting -- it was actually a pretty exciting match, as things were closer than they usually have been lately. But put it in perspective - the big drama down the stretch was just whether he would make the game another "runaway" where the FJ result couldn't alter the order of finish. Getting the last question locked that up for him, to his visible relief.

We're used to seeing Ken completely lap the field several times over -- this time, with the aid of two fairly significant daily double misses, he only doubled them up. And it was dramatic that there might actually be some modicum of drama to the Final Jeopardy.

Says a lot about his domination, really.

I also think that the comments about his competition are mostly unfair reflections of how good Ken is -- we don't really get to know how good these opponents are because Ken is obviously very comfortable, has the timing down, and knows his stuff extremely well. With all that - it's no surprise that new contestants, even pretty good ones, are getting buried quickly.

Last edited by QuikSand : 07-15-2004 at 07:42 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 07:47 AM   #204
Ksyrup

Not to mention, they know what they're up against by the time they hit the stage, and for some of them, there's a pretty visible defeatist attitude/bewilderment when they get to the first commercial break and they've rang in once, and he's already got $6K.

Last night, his opponents held their own through the first round, but he started to bury them at the beginning of the second round, and would have done so if he hadn't missed the 2 DDs. Still, that first round was as flustered and uncomfortable as I've seen him on the show. I think he's taking bigger and bigger chances that will eventually cause him to lose. Although with over a $1M, I wouldn't characterize his leaving as "losing" in any way.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-15-2004, 08:27 AM   #205
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
I mean, after you've amassed $1M, what's another $17K on top of it? That's almost not worth the trouble. It's only worth it if he can continue to add $50K every show.

Huh? They tape 5 shows a day. If you "only" win $17,000 each show, you still win $85,000 a day, or 1.5 - 2 times his salary. Plus, you get to come back for another show.

So, even if you had a million dollars (or more accurately, the $400,000 he keeps) would you take twice your salary to answer questions for half a day tomorrow?
Old 07-15-2004, 02:44 PM   #206
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
So, even if you had a million dollars (or more accurately, the $400,000 he keeps)

Why does he only keep $400,000 (other than the obvious federal income tax)?

I wonder how many of the previous 5-day champions and winners of the Tournament of Champions would have been able to do what Ken has done. I'd bet at least several would have. It'd be interesting to see who, and when, the next "Ken" will be.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 02:48 PM   #207
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
Huh? They tape 5 shows a day. If you "only" win $17,000 each show, you still win $85,000 a day, or 1.5 - 2 times his salary. Plus, you get to come back for another show.

So, even if you had a million dollars (or more accurately, the $400,000 he keeps) would you take twice your salary to answer questions for half a day tomorrow?

Yeah but after you win so many in a row it's only natural to try things you "normally" wouldn't.

He's more inclined to take bigger risks/reward knowing there's 1+ million in the bank.

That's without counting the fame quotient. I'm sure he's going to be making the rounds on the talk show circut and there's probably a book and other game show appearances in the works.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:49 PM   #208
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
Why does he only keep $400,000 (other than the obvious federal income tax)?

I wonder how many of the previous 5-day champions and winners of the Tournament of Champions would have been able to do what Ken has done. I'd bet at least several would have. It'd be interesting to see who, and when, the next "Ken" will be.

Total taxes will be ~50%. Mormon tithe is 10%.

EDIT: I was going to post an edit that the 50% might be a bit high. Maybe not though. He pays 35% federal tax on income over %300,000. Assuming he makes about 87k, that makes $800,000 of his earnings taxed at this rate. Call it 34% average, since most of the rest would be taxed at 33%.

The 87k assumption had a purpose. That would mean that he pays no more social security on this money. Lucky, since he would likely have to pay the self-employment rate of 12.4%, since no employer paid the other half.

He pays 3% for medicare (I am assuming this money is all taxed at the self employment rate).

I am unclear whether he owes income tax in Utah or California. The top rate in Utah is 7%, California 9.3. Lets go with Utah.

So, total tax burden here is 44%, unless he pays cali state tax, in which case its 46.3.

Last edited by Samdari : 07-15-2004 at 03:05 PM.
Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 02:50 PM   #209
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
Yeah but after you win so many in a row it's only natural to try things you "normally" wouldn't.

He's more inclined to take bigger risks/reward knowing there's 1+ million in the bank.

That's without counting the fame quotient. I'm sure he's going to be making the rounds on the talk show circut and there's probably a book and other game show appearances in the works.

I agree he'll do things he's normally not inclined to do, because of everything he's accomplished. I still don't think he'll care less about winning $17,000, because (and he knows this better than anyone) the key to winning a lot of money on this show is to keep coming back.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:52 PM   #210
rkmsuf
Head Coach

It's very hard to stay consistent and within yourself. It helps to be super smart though
Old 07-15-2004, 03:59 PM   #211
QuikSand
lolzcat

Just a general note here -- I am not often home to watch Jeopardy! at its original airing, and so I watch on TiVo with Mrs. Q when we can.

I really, really don't want to accidentally stumble onto this thread and see "wow, I can't believe he lost!" before I've seen it myself. I'll do my part - I make every effort to avoid this thread until I have seen that day's episode.

Please mark any spoilers fairly.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:01 PM   #212
rkmsuf
Head Coach

That's definition of attention to detail. Writing "Jeopardy!" with the !

Bravo!
Old 07-15-2004, 04:44 PM   #213
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

QUASI-SPOILERS

This is one of the better ones in recent weeks. All three guys are quite smart and quick.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 07:24 PM   #214
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

That one guy who wagered $500 or so on a Double Jeopardy deserved to be slapped. You're facing the Babe Ruth of Jeopardy, grow some balls! Yeesh...

I wonder, though. Does Ken buzz in on virtually every question because he's bored, or because he's figured out that it's the best strategy? After all, most questions are phrased in such a way that there's a clue buried in there, often very obviously. At the worst, he gets it wrong but prevents the other contestants from getting into any sort of rhythym.

(Speaking of which, was it me, or was one of the contestants tonight getting visibly frustrated at his inability to buzz in?)
Old 07-15-2004, 07:31 PM   #215
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs

(Speaking of which, was it me, or was one of the contestants tonight getting visibly frustrated at his inability to buzz in?)

Ive noticed this a couple of times over the run. They get spastic on the button then really disheveled when Ken keeps getting in before them.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 07:37 PM   #216
Ksyrup

Quote:
That one guy who wagered $500 or so on a Double Jeopardy deserved to be slapped. You're facing the Babe Ruth of Jeopardy, grow some balls! Yeesh...

I wonder, though. Does Ken buzz in on virtually every question because he's bored, or because he's figured out that it's the best strategy? After all, most questions are phrased in such a way that there's a clue buried in there, often very obviously. At the worst, he gets it wrong but prevents the other contestants from getting into any sort of rhythym.

That's what I've noticed - that he's just buzzing in on nearly every question that appears to have the clue buried in it, and he figures that he'll rely on his smarts to come up with the answer. And he's been doing that more often recently.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:43 AM   #217
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:

Agreed in general, but I'm not sure about this particular case. The category was a ballbuster (I'm forgetting what it was at the moment) but the $400 question was a stumper, there was one other that went unanswered, and the DD was located in the bottom spot -- not exactly a formula for a high percentage play.

In general, I'm with you in the "swing for the fences" mentality up against Ken, but here I thought it was probably wise to lay low - the setup was potentially brutal.

You can still make the case that he had to do it, though, I suppose... all things considered.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:44 AM   #218
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

I've noticed the game has been particularly brutal the last couple of nights, hence Ken's winnings have gone down. Wonder if they've decided to ratchet the difficulty up a little to make things more interesting (after all, if it's a runaway by Double Jeopardy, those casual viewers the show's picked up on this run will surely drop away to some extent, so they gotta make it interesting somehow).
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 09:01 AM   #219
Samdari
Roster Filler

Missed last night due to traveling.

I am assuming the lack of outcry means Ken continued to dominate?
Old 07-17-2004, 09:20 AM   #220
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

From TVGameShows.net

If ever a textbook Jeopardy! performance was delivered, Friday's was it by Ken Jennings. In the tradition of Frank Spangenberg, Jerome Vered and Brian Weikle, Jennings dominated from start to finish to earn his 33rd consecutive victory.
The sensation, who has earned international media attention, added another $50,000 to his record regular season purse. His total of $1,100,460 moves him likely within two wins of supplanting Million $ Masters champion Brad Rutter as syndicated television's all-time top game show winner.
ennings rocked to a 91 percent success rate (40 of 44), including 19 of 20 in Double Jeopardy!
He swept all three Daily Doubles, earning $13,400---his largest total during his nearly seven weeks on the big-money answers.
At the end of Jeopardy!, the Murray, Ut., software engineer held his biggest first-round lead to date, up $13,200 to $2,400 for Frank McNeil of Louisville and $400 for homemaker Mary McCarthy of Las Vegas.
Jennings reached $40,000 at the end of Double Jeopardy!, more than $10,000 above his previous average pre-Final Jeopardy! total.
Final category: Food. Answer: experts belive that 16th Century Dutch growers, through breeding, gave this vegetable its color to honor their ruling house.
McCarthy and Jennings were both correct with: what is the carrot? McNeil had the correct color: what is orange? (but not the correct question).
McCarthy nearly doubled her $3,200 total to $6,300. McNeil fell back to $3,199.
Jennings pocketed an additional $10,000 for his 50 grand finish. His daily winnings are back to $33,347.
Said host Alex Trebek: "Who knows? He may have his own condo in Los Angeles soon."
Old 07-17-2004, 07:02 PM   #221
QuikSand
lolzcat

Does anyone else here remember Frank Spangenburg? I think he was the first really memorable Jeopardy! champion (for the revival, at least) - a NYC cop, really tall guy with a very distinctive voice.
Old 07-17-2004, 09:06 PM   #222
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I do. My friends and I were really hooked on Jeopardy at that time. There was also a guy named Bob (edit: it was Bob Verini) who was on the show in the late 80s. IIRC, I think he lost his bid for a fifth day but then came back and won the Tournament of Champions in a rout. He was a fun champion as well.

Which begs the question -- what kind of pressure will there be on Ken to win the next Tournament of Champions?

Last edited by kcchief19 : 07-17-2004 at 09:12 PM.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 07:13 AM   #223
Ksyrup

How far in advance do they tape these shows? At this point, I'm wondering if the joke in all of this is that while we're watching this guy rack up hundreds of thousands of dollars, and he's talking about it in the here and now, he's still playing the damn game and hasn't been defeated yet!

Last night was another demolition, although he blew final jeopardy and lost about $11K. I find it odd that he refuses to go for the single-game record. He's tied the record at least twice, and would have done so again last night, but he refuses to bet even a dollar more. I tend to think that speaks well of him. Maybe he feels like he's already done so much, to take that record just for the sake of having it would make him look bad. Maybe, I don't know.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:41 AM   #224
spleen1015
Coordinator

He tied the record 2 days last week. On the 3rd day, he bet enough to surpass the record by ~$10,000 and missed the FJ question.

I believe these shows were taped back in Feb-Mar. The guy over at OOTP faced this guy and his taping was in Feb.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 07:44 AM   #225
Ksyrup

Guess I missed that one. OK then, the guy is a cold-hearted and egotistical bastard, bent on world domination of trivia games. Or maybe he just wants to make enough money to tempt Alex Trebek to sleep with him.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:36 AM   #226
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
If movies have taught me anything, this can end only one way: He must face Alex Trebek!

Come on, they've been teasing it already with Trebek's thinly-veiled disgust each time he won't go for the record. You can tell he's dying to get out there and just go Ben Stein on him.

Yes, I think we need an episode where Trebek leaves the podium and faces him one-on-one. Think of the final scene of Gladiator (only on a game show set instead of a colliseum).

I keep thinking of this and laughing. I don't often get a two-week chuckle from FOFC.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:41 AM   #227
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Guess I missed that one. OK then, the guy is a cold-hearted and egotistical bastard, bent on world domination of trivia games. Or maybe he just wants to make enough money to tempt Alex Trebek to sleep with him.

Watch the interation between the two. Ken has taken Alex as his second wife since about the 4th day/15th episode.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:05 AM   #228
Subby
lolzcat

Just to answer the question Samdari asked a few days ago - they take California tax out of your prize check - and I am pretty sure that is it...I don't think they withhold anything else.

Although I am guessing they aren't going to just mail the guy a check
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 10:46 AM   #229
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Just to answer the question Samdari asked a few days ago - they take California tax out of your prize check - and I am pretty sure that is it...I don't think they withhold anything else.

Although I am guessing they aren't going to just mail the guy a check

Don't they have to withhold federal income tax on anything over $10,000??

In any case, the point is somewhat moot, since that will come due at some point.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:49 PM   #230
Ksyrup

Even the Sports Guy can't miss the opportunity to take a shot at this guy. All I know is, as 7:30 approaches every night, my 5 year old asks, "Is it time to watch Ken? Is Ken winning yet?" It's like Jeopardy! has become a Disney movie in my house.

By Bill Simmons
Page 2

Editor's Note: This column appears in the August 2 edition of ESPN The Magazine.

"Jeopardy!" answer: he dutifully followed the game show exploits of a grating software engineer from Salt Lake City.

"Jeopardy!" question: who is ... aw, forget it. It's me, okay? I'm obsessed with the Jeopardy Guy. Watching this Mormon assassin emerge as the MJ of nerds has been the highlight of my summer. He's earned the coveted No.1 spot on my TiVo Season Pass, as well as acronym status: the Sports Gal and I refer to him as the JG. I wish I were kidding. Watching him pocket a million-plus during his astounding 35-game winning streak -- still going as I write this -- we alternately revered him and hoped Alex Trebek would punch him in the face.

Ken Jennings, also known as JG.

Yes, he's a smarmy know-it-all with the personality of a hall monitor, the kind of guy everyone hides from at a Christmas party. But he has "it" -- that indefinable quality you have when you know you're good, when you're in the zone and taking everyone for a ride. The '86 Celts had it. They toyed with teams before ripping their hearts out, Temple of Doom style. The JG does too. Not since the pre-nanny Tiger has somebody laid the smack down like this. He doesn't beat people, he dismantles them.

There's something comforting about seeing the JG's smiling, Stepford mug every night, and the way he shakes his head in disbelief as Trebek announces his absurd money total. (Of course, the number should be higher. Isn't this streak 10 times more impressive than someone rattling off 10 answers on Regis' Millionaire show?) Maybe he's boring; maybe he's unlikable. But like the truly great ones, he raises his game when it matters. Who else can you count on to do that these days?

I can remember him being tested only once in the past month. On June 25, a bald musician named Michael pulled within $200 near the end of Round 2. It was like seeing Douglas whistling jabs at Tyson. The normally unflappable Trebek pulled a Kevin Harlan, yelping, "We got a game!"

Not for long. The JG calmly padded his lead heading into commercial, then fended the bald guy off in Final Jeopardy. Definitely an ESPN Classic moment. As we awaited his final answer (What is leprosy?), the JG stared into the camera like Stephen A. Smith, playing up the drama before breaking into an exaggerated Dr. Evil smile when the correct response was revealed. As always, the Sports Gal summed up everyone's feelings: "I hope he gets eaten by a tiger."

He chugged along untouched for the next three weeks, nailing every category imaginable, TV's version of DiMaggio. Searching for challenges, the JG honed some annoying ploys, including expressing doubt when he responds (you know, to raise everyone's hopes before dashing them); adding drawings to Final Jeopardy answer cards (like Jimmy Carter's front teeth); and his "Oh, what the heck?" arrogance during Daily Doubles, when he says stuff like, "I don't know the first thing about the history of nuclear fusion in Croatia ... I better wager just $9,500." There hasn't been a villain this good since Billy Zabka. Even Alex seems to enjoy him; their dorky Ali-Cosell routine is funnier than any sitcom.

At this point, the JG is doing everything but making cell phone calls or throwing in a load of laundry during the show, as he goads opponents into taking crazy risks. Last Thursday, a competitor named Tom wagered all but $200 of his $6,200 nest egg on a Daily Double. You do that when you're going against the best. It's like bunting to break up a Koufax perfect game. Tom heard the question, hemmed and hawed, winced a few times, then threw out a "guess" ... and nailed it. Uh-oh. That's the JG's move. This was like John Starks sticking out his tongue and dunking on MJ. Certain lines should not be crossed. Even Alex's voice hushed.

You can guess what happened next. Trailing by $1,400 with half the board remaining, the JG rolled up the sleeves of his professor's jacket and went to work: six straight answers for six grand. When a flustered Tom botched the next one, the JG answered it correctly, exhaling for good measure. By the end of the second round, he'd tripled Tom's total, practically preening as they headed into commercial. The lesson, as always: don't wake up a sleeping corduroy giant.

Will the JG ever lose? I see it ending like Gagne's save streak -- a close game, then some sort of fluke and everyone standing around in disbelief. Either that, or one of the other contestants pummels him to death. "I can't even look at him anymore," the Sports Gal hissed last week. "His face is so punchable." But isn't that the point? We need villains, even if they come in the form of a wispy computer geek.

That's why I will always remember the summer of the JG.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:57 PM   #231
rkmsuf
Head Coach

here's one Ken would never get.

A: This is the highest rated American TV show ever shown in Korea.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:22 PM   #232
vtbub
College Starter

What is Dog eat Dog?

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 01:23 PM   #233
rkmsuf
Head Coach

no but that's a good one
Old 07-21-2004, 02:36 PM   #234
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How far in advance do they tape these shows? At this point, I'm wondering if the joke in all of this is that while we're watching this guy rack up hundreds of thousands of dollars, and he's talking about it in the here and now, he's still playing the damn game and hasn't been defeated yet!

Last night was another demolition, although he blew final jeopardy and lost about $11K. I find it odd that he refuses to go for the single-game record. He's tied the record at least twice, and would have done so again last night, but he refuses to bet even a dollar more. I tend to think that speaks well of him. Maybe he feels like he's already done so much, to take that record just for the sake of having it would make him look bad. Maybe, I don't know.

Well, I was reading spoilers over at TWoP and according to them, the season has long since been taped. I'm kindof leary to post about the end of the streak, tho, because it's kindof uncorroborated rumor and innuendo. Maybe I should do black on black spoiler text or something.

SI

Old 07-21-2004, 02:37 PM   #235
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The end of the season is I think Friday, so if he's still champion, he'll be back in August
Old 07-21-2004, 02:38 PM   #236
sabotai
General Manager

I can't beleive he didn't know the Final Jeopardy question last night. If I remember right, none of them did! That must be it. Geography is his weakness!! It's a strength in me! I am the chosen one! I will be the one to defeat Ken The Jeopardy Guy!!! MWHAHAHA!!

(Yes, I did know the answer was Algeria. I was surprised none of them did)
Old 07-21-2004, 02:41 PM   #237
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
I can't beleive he didn't know the Final Jeopardy question last night. If I remember right, none of them did! That must be it. Geography is his weakness!! It's a strength in me! I am the chosen one! I will be the one to defeat Ken The Jeopardy Guy!!! MWHAHAHA!!

(Yes, I did know the answer was Algeria. I was surprised none of them did)

The answer was "what is Algeria" Einstein.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:54 PM   #238
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
The answer was "what is Algeria" Einstein.

That would be the question was "What is Algeria?" Einstein.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:55 PM   #239
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
That would be the question was "What is Algeria?" Einstein.

damn you.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:09 PM   #240
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Yeah, geography may give you an edge. What else you got on him?
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:11 PM   #241
Bee
Pro Starter

Can we come up with 6 categories that sabotai could have a chance against him in?

Let's see:

Geography
oh! Computer Sports Text Sims!
hmm...that's about all I can come up with...
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:11 PM   #242
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

He *is* a software engineer so who knows, maybe he plays FOF or OOTP or something

EDIT: You know, Qwik was gone for a while when this was supposedly taping but I haven't heard Ken shout out "2/3rds" yet, so nahhhh...

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 07-21-2004 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:17 PM   #243
sabotai
General Manager

Let's see...I'm really good at History, though I know he is too. Maybe if it was specifically on Mongol History.

He doesn't look like much of a "head banger" to me, so a catagory on heavy metal music would be good for me....and of course, a catagory on sports.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:17 PM   #244
Franklinnoble
Banned

He's Mormon... so your categories should be:

Strip Clubs

Adult Videos

Beer

Hard Liquor

Tobacco

Narcotics
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:18 PM   #245
sabotai
General Manager

Yes, I'd kill him in those catagories! Especially considering my first hand experience with all of them!

Last edited by sabotai : 07-21-2004 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:19 PM   #246
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble

Beer

Hard Liquor

Oddly, he has dominated the "potent potables" category a couple times.

Categories to stump Ken would be more like:

"Fun"

and

"Premarital Sex"
Old 07-21-2004, 03:20 PM   #247
sabotai
General Manager

"Fun" and "Premarital Sex"....aren't they the same thing?
Old 07-21-2004, 03:22 PM   #248
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Let's see...I'm really good at History, though I know he is too. Maybe if it was specifically on Mongol History.

He doesn't look like much of a "head banger" to me, so a catagory on heavy metal music would be good for me....and of course, a catagory on sports.

There was a music category last night (rock?), and it basically stumped everybody.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:23 PM   #249
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
"Fun" and "Premarital Sex"....aren't they the same thing?

Not always.

For example, if Kobe goes to prison, he will have lots of premarital sex. I don't know how much fun he'll be having with it, though.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:27 PM   #250
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'd be content just to beat him on luck with these categories:

Heads or Tails
What Number is Alex Thinking of?
Rock, Paper, Scissors
Red or Black
Picking a Contestant's Name out of a Hat
Even/Odds

SI