Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2023, 03:44 PM   #7101
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I guess mocking Damar Hamlin for having cardiac arrest on the field and having to be revived via CPR is now a MAGA thing

I think they are just at a point where every single aspect of life has to be part of some culture war. And to turn everything into some culture war, you have to be on the opposite side of everyone.

So now you have people who can't just accept that a player had a serious injury on the field and made it. You have to deny it happened and claim they are evil. You have people who cheer on mass shooters. It's just a weird cult like atmosphere among some of these people.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 03:46 PM   #7102
RainMaker
General Manager

I guess to follow-up, M&Ms dropped their "spokescandies" because some people on the right got mad they couldn't jerk off to them anymore.
Old 01-23-2023, 03:48 PM   #7103
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I guess to follow-up, M&Ms dropped their "spokescandies" because some people on the right got mad they couldn't jerk off to them anymore.

I’m gonna need you to fill in some gaps here.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 03:53 PM   #7104
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

Tucker ranted about changes to the M&Ms candies in the commercials. He complained they made them less sexy and more inclusive. He had a weird obsession about the sexiness of cartoon candies.

Today Mars announced Maya Rudolph would replace the candies in commercials.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 04:28 PM   #7105
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I think they are just at a point where every single aspect of life has to be part of some culture war. And to turn everything into some culture war, you have to be on the opposite side of everyone.

So now you have people who can't just accept that a player had a serious injury on the field and made it. You have to deny it happened and claim they are evil. You have people who cheer on mass shooters. It's just a weird cult like atmosphere among some of these people.

This is really insightful.
Old 01-23-2023, 04:37 PM   #7106
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I wonder if they will blame the woke mob or does that only work one way?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 05:52 PM   #7107
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

Tucker Carlson Mocks M&Ms for 'Gender-Inclusive' Rebrand of Characters

Those quotes are real. It's kind of beyond parody at this point.

Quote:

"The green M&M, you will notice, is no longer wearing sexy boots. Now she's wearing sensible sneakers. Why the change? Well according to M&Ms, 'We all win when we see more women in leading roles.'"

"Because leading women do not wear sexy boots, leading women wear frumpy shoes. The frumpier the better. That's the rule," the Fox News host said mockingly.

"The other big change is that the brown M&M has 'transitioned from high stilettos to lower block heels,' also less sexy. That's progress. M&Ms will not be satisfied until every last cartoon character is deeply unappealing and totally androgynous.

"Until the moment you wouldn't want to have a drink with any one of them. That's the goal. When you are totally turned off, we've achieved equity. They've won."
Old 01-23-2023, 07:11 PM   #7108
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
One of the most visible dopes in the J6 insurrection found guilty on all counts.

Richard Barnett found guilty on all counts for Jan. 6 riot | 5newsonline.com

Love how his lawyer said they are going to appeal. DC is not a state, this was not an Arkansas(where he is from) jury. Yeah good luck with that
Old 01-23-2023, 07:28 PM   #7109
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Love how his lawyer said they are going to appeal. DC is not a state, this was not an Arkansas(where he is from) jury. Yeah good luck with that

I LOLed at that also.

Here is an idea. You don't want to be tried in a jurisdiction that doesn't favor you demographically maybe don't commit crimes there?
Old 01-23-2023, 09:50 PM   #7110
stevew
Hall Of Famer

holy shit this whole M&Ms thing is cringe

Last edited by stevew : 01-23-2023 at 09:51 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 10:22 PM   #7111
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

He was trying so hard to not say black.

I would recommend that if you are ever I. Court o. Serious federal charges, you hire a better lawyer than this.
Old 01-23-2023, 10:44 PM   #7112
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
Trumps closest competitor is DeSantis and he lacks the charisma the base is so fond of. Trump will DESTROY him on a debate stage, hell Charlie Christ made him malfunction.

Debates are nearly irrelevant in modern politics. They don't move the needle in the general. They have some importance in primaries, but not as much as they used to even there. Trump himself is very low on the charisma scale, so I don't get this assertion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
So you tell me who is beating Trump and how/why.

It depends on who runs, but right now I'd give DeSantis 3:1 odds at beating Trump and I think that's conservative. Unless I misunderstand you, I really don't get the nobody's knocking him from his pedestal bit. Of course they haven't; the last time he ran he was the incumbent president. Nobody's had a chance to yet. But what we have seen is his support and influence crumbling since that time. That's not to say he doesn't have any, but I see no reason to doubt the reporting that the biggest reason he's running is as a potential shield against indictments. Worked for Julius Caesar and it worked for Trump while he was President, no reason not to keep going for it. But it's not like everyone is just in love with DeSantis and that's why Trump is lower in the polls. He's losing support from his base, his overall unfavorables are lower than they have been since he was elected in '16, and his favorability among Republicans is in the 60s. It was in the high 80s/low 90s when he was President no matter what stupid, incompetent, or impeachable thing he did.

If DeSantis runs and Republicans nominate Trump, I'll post a thread which says in all caps 'I WAS WRONG' and eat as much crow as you want to dish at me . I don't see it happening.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 01-23-2023 at 10:45 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 10:48 PM   #7113
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
It depends on who runs, but right now I'd give DeSantis 3:1 odds at beating Trump and I think that's conservative.

I see it the same. It seems most of Trump's supporters want someone else Trump enough to make them feel comfortable not voting for Trump. Right now that guy is DeSantis.
Old 01-23-2023, 10:51 PM   #7114
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
No one in that party has even come close to knocking him from his pedestal. Why should we assume it happens in the next 15 months?

Because even his supporters have realized he's one of the biggest losers in modern political history. I've seen Trump diehards saying he's the GOP's Hillary. They blame dems for it (which is ironic), but they see him as too damaged to win a general election. I've seen some of the fringe-Q or Q-adjacents say he's a dem plant that was brought in to destroy the GOP.

Trump has his fans. He has his supporters. They love him. But they desperately want someone else to step into his shoes and unlike 2016 there will be other options.
Old 01-24-2023, 07:46 AM   #7115
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We will have to agree to disagree. I think Trump has quite a bit of charisma, especially compared to DeSantis. I think once the electorate gets a longer view at him they will see his quite the one trick pony with his culture war issues. The broader base showed us during the midterms they really aren't interested in that stuff. Plays well in Florida but not sure it does nationally.

I think debates don't matter regarding policy, etc...but they sure as shit matter for soundbites, and Trump will absolutely annihilate DeSantis in that area. FFS Charlie Christ was able to.

If Trump can move just a little from his stolen election grievances and focus on his accomplishments in the first 3 years of his term along with the perceived Biden failures I think he picks up a lot of support.

Now one thing I will say is I was surprised DeSantis was slightly ahead of Trump on predictit, but maybe people are looking for value. I just think he is still the biggest presence in the party and get the nomination if he wants it. I hope he does, I think he will be easier to beat then anyone else the right runs out.
Old 01-24-2023, 10:36 AM   #7116
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Emerson with a new poll. I know, polling, blah blah blah....

Old 01-24-2023, 10:36 AM   #7117
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Old 01-24-2023, 11:58 AM   #7118
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Emerson is practically owned by Trump.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 02:01 PM   #7119
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
If DeSantis runs and Republicans nominate Trump, I'll post a thread which says in all caps 'I WAS WRONG' and eat as much crow as you want to dish at me . I don't see it happening.

I’m not as confident as you, I’ll say good chance but not 3:1.

Forget crow, we need more FOFC’ers eating collard greens.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 02:23 PM   #7120
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
Emerson is practically owned by Trump.

At least Trump hasn't gotten to Lake & Palmer yet.
Old 01-24-2023, 04:27 PM   #7121
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

What an unlucky man he is. With all the losing and everything.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 10:31 PM   #7122
RainMaker
General Manager

These dudes can't get enough of fellating the Saudis. Like have an ounce of self respect.

Old 01-26-2023, 06:51 AM   #7123
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I didn't want to spill the secret, but the original Paul McCartney was actually killed by the COVID vaccine before finishing Sgt. Peppers.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64404824

Quote:
Activists who blamed NFL star Damar Hamlin's on-field collapse this month on Covid-19 vaccines have concocted another baseless conspiracy theory - that the player has been replaced by a "body double" or even a "clone".
Old 01-28-2023, 08:54 AM   #7124
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Sick irony considering Fox News created this guy. Even after Pelosi was attacked by throwing out all the conspiracies about the attack. This guy should be locked up forever. He clearly isn't sorry about what he did.

Paul Pelosi attacker David DePape makes chilling call to TV station: 'I'm so sorry I didn't get more of them'
Old 02-01-2023, 06:27 AM   #7125
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Trump is about to have his first official challenger. Nikki Haley plans on announcing February 15th. I don't know how these anti-Trump, then pro-Trump, become credible anti-Trump again.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 06:51 AM   #7126
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Trump is about to have his first official challenger. Nikki Haley plans on announcing February 15th. I don't know how these anti-Trump, then pro-Trump, become credible anti-Trump again.

There's the scene in Boogie Nights where the bank is turning down Don Cheadle's character for a loan. And he's begging the loan officer--please, just tell me what to write on the application, and I'll write it. Just tell me whatever you want me to say, and I'll say it.

Hyper-pandering politicians always make me think of that scene. They are just broken people standing in front of the voters begging them "Please. I will say and do whatever you want."
Old 02-01-2023, 07:22 AM   #7127
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I want to say I predicted this

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere circa 2016 View Post
And Nikki Haley is Ambassador to the UN.

I think it's fairly safe to start printing those Haley 2024 stickers now.
Old 02-01-2023, 07:46 AM   #7128
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I don't think Trump is going to seriously run, he's going to milk it and probably gum up the works for any front-runner and find some sleaze deal so he can stay in the spotlight while "supporting" them.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 07:53 AM   #7129
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I can't wait til he Trump makes a "red dot" vs. headdress remark about Haley. Old people will eat that shit up.
Old 02-01-2023, 08:13 AM   #7130
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I want to say I predicted this

I welcome anyone GOP candidate but Trump

Looking forward to the GOP infighting
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 08:16 AM   #7131
stevew
Hall Of Famer

She won’t make a primary.
Old 02-01-2023, 08:23 AM   #7132
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
I don't think Trump is going to seriously run, he's going to milk it and probably gum up the works for any front-runner and find some sleaze deal so he can stay in the spotlight while "supporting" them.

I think that 2016 did not start as a serious campaign. He wanted to avoid prosecution and make money, and it really got out of control.

But, having had that power, he wants it back. I think that it kills him that he has to sit in his fake White House in Florida and pretend. I think that he is deadly serious about running this time.
Old 02-01-2023, 08:31 AM   #7133
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
At least Trump hasn't gotten to Lake & Palmer yet.
Underrated, imo
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 08:38 AM   #7134
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Underrated, imo

He's clearly not seen the last Arizona election and is not familiar with the billionaire in California who has been keeping Trump afloat.
Old 02-01-2023, 10:23 AM   #7135
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:

I think it's pretty easy. They profess their love and admiration for him but concentrate on his inability to win. He's past his prime. So they aren't really anti-Trump as much as pragmatists about how divisive he clearly is to moderates/independents who they need at least a portion of to win the election.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 10:27 AM   #7136
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I’m here fir the nicknames and bullying. I wonder if it’ll be Slick Nikki or Tricky Nikki or Darling Nikki or something else.

And can we crop whatever just messed up this page?
Old 02-01-2023, 10:28 AM   #7137
GrantDawg

I agree that she won't make it to the primary. She would have been a strong candidate pre-Trump. Now, she is not crazy enough no matter how much she tries.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 02-01-2023 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-01-2023, 10:38 AM   #7138
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I linked an article but it broke the page. Bulwark poll out saying 28% of republicans would go with Trump if he went independent.

What an absolute destructive force he has become.

I wonder if these 28% actually think Trump is so popular he can win as an independent, or are they just so indoctrinated in the cult the party doesn't matter.

Last edited by Lathum : 02-01-2023 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-01-2023, 10:49 AM   #7139
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I think that 2016 did not start as a serious campaign. He wanted to avoid prosecution and make money, and it really got out of control.

But, having had that power, he wants it back. I think that it kills him that he has to sit in his fake White House in Florida and pretend. I think that he is deadly serious about running this time.

HE wants a revenge tour. If he was to get reelected that is all it would be. There would be zero actual governing. It would be 100% vengeance and his base would eat it up while the country burns.
Old 02-01-2023, 10:51 AM   #7140
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Exclusive Bulwark Poll: Most Republicans Want to Move on from Trump - The Bulwark
Old 02-01-2023, 11:32 AM   #7141
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I linked an article but it broke the page. Bulwark poll out saying 28% of republicans would go with Trump if he went independent.

What an absolute destructive force he has become.

I wonder if these 28% actually think Trump is so popular he can win as an independent, or are they just so indoctrinated in the cult the party doesn't matter.

I would remind the forum that the number of people who say they would vote for a third party candidate is always much higher than people who actually vote 3rd party.
Old 02-01-2023, 11:52 AM   #7142
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The two most popular candidates are always "3rd party" and "Generic opponent"
Old 02-01-2023, 12:03 PM   #7143
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Yeah but we’ve never had a cult leader as a third party candidate. Hell, if even a small fraction of those people are honest it tanks the GOP. Even if he doesn’t run at all I wonder how many would write him in or just stay home.
Old 02-01-2023, 12:16 PM   #7144
Atocep
Coordinator

Trump just isn't doing well in polling for a popular (with his party) former President. And what I've seen browsing popular conservative sites and talking to conservative family lines up with the Bulwark polls. They still like Trump, but deep down they know he isn't winning a general election so they want someone else.

I'd be shocked if he ran as a 3rd party candidate. He's mostly in this for the fundraising and the possibility of getting back into the White House and starting his revenge tour. As a 3rd party candidate he's admitting he can't win. He'd have to be desperate for cash to make that run imo.

Nikki Haley would have been a threat as a candidate pre-Trump, but she has no chance representing the party of racism, bigotry, and misogyny.

I will say it's going to be interesting to see who the evangelicals get behind. I'm assuming DeSantis simply because Trump has shown they're more about power and influence than any of their beliefs.
Old 02-01-2023, 12:29 PM   #7145
GrantDawg

Interestingly, Don Jr. Released his first podcast today. He reportedly started with how well HE is polling for 2024.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2023, 12:49 PM   #7146
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

Nikki Haley would have been a threat as a candidate pre-Trump, but she has no chance representing the party of racism, bigotry, and misogyny.

She locked up patron saint Dylan Roof and took down God's flag from the statehouse in South Carolina. She stands no chance with half their electorate.
Old 02-01-2023, 12:52 PM   #7147
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

And just to show how backwards Nikki Haley's state still is, this shirt is for sale at the local racist r us store just outside Greenville, SC. The parking lot was full when we drove past Saturday.

I don't think they see the irony.

Old 02-01-2023, 03:39 PM   #7148
JPhillips
General Manager

I'm not sure what is dumber, MTG saying an elementary school in IL spent 5.1 billion in Covid funds on DEI training or DeSantis proposing a budget that eliminates the sales tax on gas stoves.

The GOP has nothing other than greivances.
Old 02-01-2023, 03:48 PM   #7149
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

Make no mistake, she knows it too, but she also knows a great way to grift for her retirement and this is all it is about, making a buck.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 04:17 PM   #7150
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Make no mistake, she knows it too, but she also knows a great way to grift for her retirement and this is all it is about, making a buck.

No doubt

In recent days I've regretted not jumping on the Trump merch train and setting up a stand on weekends in right wing parts here in washington state. I'd probably well on my way to retirement now.