Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-19-2022, 09:24 PM   #101
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Almost forgot, Astrid picked 2g off the guys as they left the table. Thanks, guys.
Old 02-19-2022, 11:31 PM   #102
Travis
Pro Rookie

Just found this and got caught up. Really enjoying the read and like how you're presenting it. Glad you decided to use all the characters and how you're showing how this plays out for all of them. Too bad you lost 1 so early but hopefully the rest will survive for a good long while.
Old 02-20-2022, 12:52 PM   #103
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thanks! I really wish I could load pictures. It's a pretty nifty experience. I'm going to back the kickstarter for next year that opens next month and I recently purchased last year's "calendar" on PDF...not playing that day by day. That'll be kind of a side thing particularly when I'm on the road.

I had a tough time figuring out how to tell the story. Writing in all of the dice rolls and modifiers felt clunky so I dropped it in favor of the (Final values). It feels a bit cleaner that way.

Losing Azmyra was tough, but I thought I was going to lose Tsavani and Lyric as well. At this point, with the Level 2 everyone's in better shape right now. I'm sure the enemies are going to pick it up, though.
Old 02-20-2022, 02:44 PM   #104
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm reading the 2021 intro and I get to the actual story and able to pick my character...wouldn't you know it, it's Astrid, Thudak, Lyric, Faris, Wolfrik, and Zilmora! They do have their backstories here...I don't think I shared the backstories of the other six because these 6 didn't have them. It gives a little more flavor to each of them. I may update the original post for all of it...but that would be when I have that kind of time on my hands.

Last edited by Poli : 02-20-2022 at 02:46 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 09:52 PM   #105
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Monday, Feb 21

Travel to Whitmoore Manor

It will take one day to travel to Lord Whitmoore's manor and back. I have the option to travel during the day, which would make travel easier, or I could go under the cover of night, which could aid me in stealth activities once I get there.

A) Travel during the day. D20+WIS+Survivalist+Map/Compass
or
B) Travel in the cover of night. D20+WIS+Survivalist+Map/Compass
Old 02-21-2022, 09:54 PM   #106
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Splitting groups before I move on is the obvious move.

I decide Sir Gareth, The Professor, Syntax, Thudak, Lyric, and Wolfrik will travel by day.

Night travelers are Tsavani, Mori'an, Faris, Zilmora, and Astrid.
Old 02-21-2022, 10:07 PM   #107
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Day travelers Sir Gareth (17), Wolfrik (13), and The Professor (21) have no problem and get to the manor quickly.

The same can't be said for Thudak (6), Syntax (3), and Lyric (1). They get bogged down by the people coming into the city and have to consume their ration.

Night travelers did not do well. It was possible they could have made it their quickly, but none did. Astrid (8), Faris (11), and Mori'an (10) each consume a ration. Zilmora (4) and Tsavani (3) both got lost and ended up losing not only a ration for the delay, but 1HP as well.
Old 02-21-2022, 10:09 PM   #108
Poli
FOFC Survivor

All of our night travelers, though, gain +2 to any stealth rolls tomorrow.
Old 02-22-2022, 07:47 AM   #109
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Tuesday, Feb 22

Moonlight falls upon the Whitmoor manor. From a distant bush, I observe a couple of guards keeping watch. It's quiet. How will I get past the guards and into the house?

A) Sneak past the guards. D20+DEX+Stealthy+Stealth bonus from yesterday
or
B) Distract the guards. D20+INT.
or
C) Attack the guards. D20+ATK, Damage
Old 02-22-2022, 07:51 AM   #110
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Yesterday proved to be somewhat risky for the night crew, but they gained the stealth bonus...which would have worked out as the better option.

I split the 11 into the three options, based on what's the best available. Whichever is the best modifier between the two options is the one they take. If neither provides a bonus, well, there's always the fight.

Those trying to sneak past:
Tsavani
Mori'an
Faris
Astrid

Those trying to distract:
The Professor
Syntax
Zilmora

Those choosing to attack:
Sir Gareth
Thudak
Lyric
Wolfrik
Old 02-22-2022, 07:54 AM   #111
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Tsavani (22), Mori'an (21), Faris (19), and Astrid (27) are as quiet as the wind and hide in the shadows as they sneak past the guards. They're able to get past them without trouble.

Astrid initially fails miserably, but using her Lucky ability, she re-rolls the 1...and lucky strike...get's a 20 instead.

Last edited by Poli : 02-22-2022 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-22-2022, 07:57 AM   #112
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Zilmora (18) throws a rock in the other direction and gets the attention of the guards. Another rock thrown and they take off in that direction. She slips past unseen.

The same can't be said for The Professor (13) or Syntax (7). When they attempted to throw the rock, one of the guards spots them. The Professor kills the guards, but lost 2HP. Syntax took more damage, -4HP, and the guards escaped.
Old 02-22-2022, 07:59 AM   #113
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Full on attacks by Sir Gareth and Thudak result in the guards escaping. Sir Gareth lost 1HP, Thudak lost 2HP.

Lyric dropped an insult on them as he killed the guards without taking damage. Wolfrik used his holy strike and divine smite to secure both hits and kills on the guards without damage.
Old 02-22-2022, 08:01 AM   #114
Poli
FOFC Survivor

A bloody start for our adventurers. but they'll move on. Worst off is Syntax 10/14. I won't worry and try using potions or spells until they're down to half of their HP.

Last edited by Poli : 02-22-2022 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-23-2022, 05:29 AM   #115
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wednesday, Feb 23

The doors and windows to the manor are all locked. With guards out patrolling (and surely some searching in the cases where the guards got away), I search for another way in. After surveying the house, I find a sewer grate a short distance away. The tunnel leads directly to the manor and is big enough to squeeze through. I just need to stop myself from getting sick and get through the gate.

I must deal with the smell. D20+CON+Danger Sense.

Then I can choose to
A) Pick the lock on the grate. D20+DEX+Locksmith+Lockpick Tools
or
B)Break the bars of the grate. D20+STR
Old 02-23-2022, 05:35 AM   #116
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Dealing with the smell.

For Sir Gareth (15), Syntax (16), Mori'an (20), Lyric (16), and Astrid (16), they simply use mind over matter. They've been through worse and work through it.

Thudak (10), Faris (14), Wolfrik (9), and Zilmora (13) all have their issues...but gagging is the worse of it. They suffer -2 modifiers to any rolls after this (today).

The Professor (3) and Tsavani (6) struggle, though. They both get sick. They lose 1HP each and suffer -2 modifiers to any rolls after this (just today).
Old 02-23-2022, 05:42 AM   #117
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I chose to split our crew based on what was their best option, but in reality there's no penalty two either. It's just a matter of finally getting through the grate. We were largely successful on the first shots, too.

Sir Gareth (12), Thudak (13), and Wolfrik (17) went for the bars, found a few rusty ones and were able to make a hole to get through.

The Professor (15) Tsavani (18), Syntax (13), Lyric (16), Faris (18), and Zilmora (15) all picked the lock quickly.

Mori'an attempted to pick the lock (5), but found the rusty bars and got through that way (16).

Astrid struggled the most. The lockpick artist, or at least we thought, couldn't get the lock (10). She couldn't bend the bars on the first shot (4), but got it the second time (13). She suffered -1HP in her struggle with the bars.
Old 02-24-2022, 09:55 AM   #118
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thursday, Feb 24

Whitmoore Manor, First Floor

The manor is quiet as any residents are likely asleep. Now inside, I need to look around to locate where any documents of the Tournament and festival may be stored.

There are 5 rooms before ending at the staircase. I don't completely understand their labeling here, but it would make more sense to me if it was labeled consecutively as I enter the house. Instead, we appear to start in a trash room and work our way into a cleaning room in the top right corner of the map of the house.

It appears we can just about choose our own adventure from here. South of the cleaning room is a kitchen. South of it is the dining room in the SE corner of the map. West of the dining room is a entryway to the house. West of that is the final room we can investigate, the sitting room. It takes up the entire western side of the house. From there we end at the staircase.

In theory, I suppose I could go anywhere I wanted after the cleaning room, but I think I'll stick with a routine I just laid out. As for room numbers it will be 4 (cleaning room), 5 (kitchen), 3 (dining), 2 (entry), and 1 (sitting).

I'll reserve the right to change course if things get tooo hairy for anyone, but I have good confidence in their current status.
Old 02-24-2022, 10:41 AM   #119
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Exiting the trash room, the cleaning room is filled with dirty towels and linens in large piles. Clean towels and linens are on shelves. Dirty dishes are soaking in water basins. Nothing was found in this room.

Into the kitchen they go. They find a couple of servants chatting and doing light work. They stop and look at our adventurers in surprise. Unsure of intent, it's up to the adventurer to convince (d20+CHA+persuasive) or threaten (D20+STR+Intimidate) them to remain quiet.

Tsavani (11), Mori'an (13), Thudak (25), and Wolfrik (11) threaten their lives and the servants agree to sit and be quiet in a corner. Sir Gareth (10), The Professor (1), and Syntax (4) all tried this but the servants bolted out the door. Because of this, there's less time to search...they've got to get a move on and suffer a -2 penalty on ALL rolls through today and tomorrow. This is a big deal. Or could be, I suppose.

Lyric chooses to convince them and initially fails, but he adds his Charm ability (21) to help create a lie that Lord Whitmoore had sent him to check on the property. He tells them to get back to work and they do. Zilmora (3) and Astrid (6) try this same thing but the servants run out. -2 penalty. Lyric used that charm to avoid that penalty. I think it was the right move.

Last edited by Poli : 02-24-2022 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-24-2022, 10:43 AM   #120
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I wish Sir Gareth and Wolfrik weren't intimidators. I'd have rather had them try the other option...
Old 02-24-2022, 10:53 AM   #121
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Into the dining room. Remnants of the last meal are still on the table. There could be something useful here. D20+INT+Investigator.

Faris (-2) and Astrid (5) find nothing and move on. Sir Gareth (11), The Professor (14), Mori'an (11), and Wolfrik (11) all find an unopened bottle of aged wine (d6 to charisma for one day). Tsavani (15), Syntax (20), Thudak (18), Lyric (17), and Zilmora (19) all find the wine and a box of silver utensils worth 10g. They take both.

From there to the entryway, where a sleeping guard is found. We must try to sneak past without waking him. D20+DEX+Stealthy.

Sir Gareth (18), Tsavani (23), Thudak (11), Lyric (18), Faris (16), and Zilmora (14) all creep by quietly to the sitting room. The Professor (-1), Syntax (1), Mori'an (2), Wolfrik (4), and Astrid (8) all woke the guard. A small tussle and the guard is knocked back out, but they each lost 1HP. Important to note that Mori'an doesn't gain a HP for just knocking him out.

The sitting room awaits. Embers glow in the fireplace as we search for something of use. D20+INT+Investigator.

Sir Gareth (4), Mori'an (6), Thudak (4), Faris (1), and Zilmora (3) all find nothing and head to the staircase (for tomorrow). The Professor (21), Tsavani (18), Syntax (13), Lyric (15), Wolfrik (11), and Astrid (15) all find a copper key inside a tobacco box by the fireplace. They'll keep that for now.
Old 02-24-2022, 10:54 AM   #122
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Going in to tomorrow, Sir Gareth, The Professor, Syntax, Faris, Zilmora, and Astrid will still have -2 to all rolls.
Old 02-25-2022, 08:38 AM   #123
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Friday, Feb 25

Whitmoore Manor, Second Floor

I couldn't find what I was looking for on the first floor. Perhaps there is an office on the second floor where correspondence and records for the Tournament are kept.

The staircase is located in the center of the manor. The rooms again are number in a weird way. Directly north of us, where we'll start, is a storage room. We'll go west from there to the bedrooms before circling around the staircase to a trophy room of sorts. From there we'll go to the southeast corner and another sitting room. After that, we'll hit what appears to be a library. We'll work back to the staircase via the north hall where we'll find the elusive office...that will very likely be left for tomorrow.

Again, if things get crazy, I'm sure I don't have to hit every room, but so far, all 11 are in good shape.
Old 02-25-2022, 09:43 AM   #124
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Leaving the staircase for the storage room almost directly in front of us, we find what you might expect. Spare linen, firewood, miscellaneous supplies. We look for something useful in here. D20+INT+Investigator.

The Professor (7), Thudak (3), Faris (6), and Wolfrik (4) didn't find anything useful, but the rest found a health potion inside a medical kit on the back wall. Astrid, of note, used her lucky ability to succeed.

They follow the north hallway to the west into the bedrooms. Children and what appears to be Lady Whitmoore are sleeping. No need to search here and potentially wake someone. We head south to the south hallway and turn into the trophy room.

Lord Whitmoore must be an enthusiastic hobby hunter. Several trophy animals are mounted in here. There's a large treasure box in the center of the room. Some of our adventurers picked up a copper key yesterday. They would obviously try it here, but it doesn't work. They'll all try to pick the lock. D20+DEX+Locksmith.

The only ones to successfully pick this lock are Syntax (after using his tinkerer ability for a +1, 17) and Mori'an (18). They're rewarded well for their effort. They gain 5g, a Dragon Fire drink, and a Combat Tonic.

Last edited by Poli : 02-25-2022 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-25-2022, 09:56 AM   #125
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Heading east down the south hall and into the sitting room on the second floor. Large comfortable chairs face the large windows in this corner of the manor which allows you to take in the view...at this time of night it's just the beautiful full moon. The family dog was resting in this room and jumped down from it's chair and growls at you. We'll attempt to calm the dog. D20+WIS+Animal Tamer.

Sir Gareth (13), Tsavani (15), Thudak (12), Lyric (15), Faris (17), and Wolrik (20) all succeed. They slowly walk back out of the room and Bruno goes back to it's rest. The rest tried this as well, but the dog got a bit in before they were able to shut the door. They suffer a loss of 1 HP.

North we head into the library. It's an immense private collection. Wall to wall shelves that are full of books. Probably something of value in here. D20+INT+Student.

Sir Gareth (2), The Professor (5), Tsavani (1), Lyric (5), Faris (2), and Astrid (-1) all fail to find anything. Astrid can only use that lucky ability once per page, and I clearly chose poorly. I'd given that some thought, but didn't think I'd roll a 1 on the d20 again that quickly.

Zilmora (14) found a valuable book, worth 10g, sitting in a glass case. She'll take that with her. Syntax (15), Mori'an (23), Thudak (20), and Wolfrik (15) all found the book, but also found a hidden safe in a bookshelf. It wasn't even locked...but inside they only found 2g. 2 more gold than what they walked in with, I suppose.

They exit out of the library and head to the north hall and to what appears to be the very elusive office.
Old 02-28-2022, 07:48 AM   #126
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Saturday/Sunday, Feb 26/27

I find Lord Whitmoore's office and study. There are scrolls and paper everywhere. This room must hold what I'm looking for.

Search the room to find what I need to complete the mission. D20+INT+Investigator. Reminder of what our mission was from the start...Mori'an and Thudak were the only ones sent out to rig the Tournament.
Old 02-28-2022, 08:11 AM   #127
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sir Gareth (14), The Professor (18), Syntax (16), Faris (17), and Zilmora (18) all found the evidence, a ledger of bribes and letter correspondence that the Tournament is rigged. They took the evidence with them.

Tsavani (8), Lyric (5), Wolfrik (7), and Astrid (1) found no evidence of rigging. Perhaps they were set up so they would miss the Tournament or to get caught. Astrid was particularly unlucky. A roll of 1 was tried again with her Lucky ability and she got a 1. Again.

As for Mori'an and Thudak, they had different responses as well. Mori'an (4) wasn't able to determine if he could even rig the Tournament. The people that sent him here must have wanted to get him out of the Tournament or caught.

Thudak (14) found that Lord Whitmoore was taking bribes to influence the winner of the Tournament of Lords. Those that pay the most are automatically qualified for a spot in the final Tournament rounds. He found a ledger of the bribes. Some of the entries were made today. He spends a little time doctoring the ledger to appear as though he was a top contributor.
Old 02-28-2022, 08:14 AM   #128
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Monday, Feb 28

I find a locked chest nestled away and partially hidden behind a stack of books. It is heavy and difficult to move. I wager it holds some nice treasure so I'm determined to open it.

A) If I have the copper key, it unlocks this chest.
B) Pick the lock. D20+DEX+Locksmith
or
C) Smack the lock. Roll damage.
Old 02-28-2022, 08:50 AM   #129
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The Professor, Tsavani, Syntax, Lyric, Wolfrik, and Astrid all had the key. A perfect fit. The chest opens with a click.

None of the remaining group have a negative modifier to trying to pick the lock, so they'll all try it. Thudak (22) and Zilmora (27, used spell Quicken) pick the lock, but Mori'an (7) and Faris (4) managed to hurt themselves in the process, losing 1HP. Sir Gareth (11) wasn't able to pick the lock, but didn't injure himself, either.

Let the smashing of locks begin.

Sir Gareth used Divine Smite to assist in smashing this lock, but lost 1HP.
Mori'an cast Drain Life for additional damage, and somehow gains 2HP in the process. He smashes the lock, but still loses 1HP (+1 overall).
Faris took two shots at but broke it, losing 1HP.
Old 02-28-2022, 08:51 AM   #130
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We get to see what's in the treasure chest tomorrow.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:33 AM   #131
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Pick 1 treasure item to take. The only note really beyond that is I can't equip two of the same item...that's more for future reference since equipment hasn't really been an option to date.

The choices are:
Champion Shield: +1 DEX, +1 DEF
Necklace of Luck: +1 DEX, +1 ATK
Belt of the Champ: +1 DEX, +1 HP

Last edited by Poli : 03-01-2022 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:36 AM   #132
Poli
FOFC Survivor

So far, I've seen 1 point of defense having a big difference in damage that has been dealt to the characters, so I'm thinking the 4 lowest in defense will likely take the shield.

From there I'm thinking the next four lowest HP will take the Belt.

The next and last 3, which is probably going to include Thudak (I believe without looking he has the lowest natural attack value), will take the necklace.

I'll divide that up for certain later today.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:38 AM   #133
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Also, in case you're interested, Sundial Games is running a kickstarter that started today for the next calendar.

I'm 90% certain I'm going to go in for the 2nd highest tier. I didn't know the pricing plans previously, but the top tier is $300. On top of all the bells and whistles you get to make a "holiday" of sorts on the calendar. I was hoping to add a "Poli Rules Day" for my birthday.
Old 03-01-2022, 10:00 PM   #134
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The choices were made...but Thudak could have easily used the Champion Shield.

Champion Shield: The Professor, Tsavani, Faris, Wolfrik. Faris and Wolfrik made the least sense here...but they're abilities in these three areas are fairly good already.

Belt of the Champ: Sir Gareth, Syntax, Lyric, and Astrid.

Necklace of Luck: Thudak, Mori'an, and Zilmora. I ended up choosing these 3 first, because they had the lowest ratings overall and made it fairly easy to choose.
Old 03-02-2022, 08:15 AM   #135
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wednesday, March 2

I hear a clamoring of items. I don't believe I knocked anything over to make a noise like that. I turn to look at the ruckus and discover various items in the room are taking the shape of a beast. I must have triggered a magical alarm and activated a security feature of the manor.

3 rounds of battle here.

D20+Dex, D20+ATK, Damage
Old 03-02-2022, 12:20 PM   #136
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sir Gareth: Got plunked by books being thrown at him, but he managed to put this magical golem down. He gained 2g, but lost 1HP in the process.

The Professor: Got hit by the books and hit on the side by a fist of brick. He cast Leaf on the Wind to lower the damage. In the end the golem fell apart...the magical defense wasn't made to last that long. He gained 1g, but lost 2HP.

Tsavani: Killed the golem, but not before getting jabbed with a fireplace poker. She used Evasion to lower the damage. 2g, -2HP.

Syntax: Hit by the books, but killed the golem, however, it spent 10g in abilities to make it happen. If it hadn't done so, it looked to have missed on all three rounds and would have suffered 7 damage. Money well spent, IMO. He loses 8g overall and just 1 HP instead.

Mori'an: Cast Bone Shield for defense, he was hit by the poker and the brick...the golem falling apart in the end. 1g, -3HP.
Old 03-02-2022, 12:25 PM   #137
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thudak: Went into Rage to start the fight and eventually used a combat tonic to ensure hits. He was hit by the books, but killed the golem. 2g, -2HP.

Lyric: The man with musical skills tossed an insult at the golem as he managed to be the only one of the eleven to score blows on each round. 3g for you, sir. Well done.

Faris: Using precise aim, she got a hit on the first round, but hits by the poker and the brick made her feel it. 1g, -3HP.

Wolfrik: a divine strike helped land one hit, and he got the kill despite getting hit by the poker. 2g, -2HP.

Zilmora: Casting Arcane Armor was very important here. She missed each time and got pummeled. Instead of losing 9, she only loses 4HP.

Astrid: Our gnome thief got lucky again, and managed to score two hits on the golem before it fell apart. 2g, -1HP.
Old 03-02-2022, 12:26 PM   #138
Poli
FOFC Survivor

An overall very bloody day. The Professor has 7/14 HP. A few others are slightly better than 50% right now. If any drop below that threshold, we'll start popping potions and spells to help.
Old 03-03-2022, 11:00 AM   #139
Poli
FOFC Survivor

All of the noise from fighting the golem has alerted the guards. They come rushing up the stairs and to the study. I try to leave the house ahead of them. They chase after me.

Dodge and avoid the guards to stay ahead of them as they chase me. D20+CON+Athlete+Danger Sense
Old 03-03-2022, 08:07 PM   #140
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Syntax (4), Faris (5), and Zilmora (-3) are hit from behind. One guard tackles them and they both fall through a table. They're able to fight the guards off as they escape, but suffer 3 damage.

Mori'an (6) is hit from behind but avoids getting tackled and ultimately going through the table. It's not much prettier, but he only suffers 2 damage.

Tsavani (14), Thudak (14), Lyric (15), and Astrid (14) dodge and weave. They take a few blows as they escape but still suffer 1 damage.

Sir Gareth (20), The Professor (18), and Wolfrik (20) avoid almost all contact as they zip back through the house, down the stairs and out the door. No damage, no sweat. No problem.

Last edited by Poli : 03-03-2022 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-03-2022, 08:15 PM   #141
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The hits today took 3 of our adventurers under 50%hp, so we're forced to take action.

Syntax took a potion and recovered 4hp.
Faris used Nature's healing and recovered 4hp.
Zilmora used a potion and recovered 3hp.
Old 03-04-2022, 10:48 AM   #142
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Friday, March 4

I return to the city of Graycliff in time for the Tournament of Lords (and apparently the stamp on my wrist got me back through the gates free of charge). I missed the opening ceremonies that took place but I do get to enjoy smaller groups of performers on the fairgrounds.

1. Do I toss a coin to the performers?
2. Optional, I can try to take a nap under a tree for rest. D20+WIS
Old 03-04-2022, 10:50 AM   #143
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We are generally all around good adventurers. I treat the coin toss as I did for the beggar. Mori'an and Thudak pass on it.

Taking a nap? Roll against wisdom. Sounds like a trappish like moment. I review the characters. Those around the 50% threshold for HP take the risk and a nap. We'll hope the others are ready for the tournament as is. Taking the nap: The Professor, Syntax, Mori'an, Faris, Wolfrik, and Zilmora.
Old 03-04-2022, 10:58 AM   #144
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Tossing the coin was the smart thing to do here, and it had nothing to do with virtue. Thudak and Mori'an observe one of the performers is visibly frustrated that someone has stopped to watch but didn't bother to contribute. After some time, they each feel a tug at their coin purse. Mori'an (8) looks down to find he's 3g short. Thudak (16) reacted quickly, though, and didn't lose anything in the process.

Taking a nap turned out to be a gamble as well. The Professor (22) and Faris (13) managed to find quiet places away from the grounds of the festival. A short nap later they feel completely refreshed.

Syntax (4), Mori'an (8), Wolfrik (4), and Zilmora (6) were each robbed while they took their nap. In Wolrik's case, it was all the gold he had left. Syntax, Mori'an, and Zilmora each lost 4g. In Mori'an's case, he stood to lose more, but used a blood ritual to sacrifice 1HP to improve his wisdom roll. They each got that rest, but it was expensive...and in Mori'an's case, he's down 1HP out the gate already.
Old 03-04-2022, 11:01 AM   #145
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'll share updated HP and gold positions later today hopefully.
Old 03-04-2022, 01:07 PM   #146
Poli
FOFC Survivor

One other note I forgot to add: Astrid found a target in the crowd. Her pickpocket helped get back the gold she passed on to the performers.
Old 03-05-2022, 08:14 AM   #147
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Current Health and gold status:

Sir Gareth 11/14 HP, 12g
The Professor 14/14, 8g
Tsavani 10/15, 18g
Syntax 15/15, 16g

Mori'an 15/16, 11g
Thudak 13/18, 20g
Lyric 13/14, 18g
Faris 14/14, 13g

Wolfrik 16/16, 0g
Zilmora 13/13, 4g
Astrid 9/13, 19g
Old 03-05-2022, 08:16 AM   #148
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I meet the gentlemen who sent me to Lord Whitmoore's manor. I will have a few words with them before collecting the reward I'm owed.
Old 03-05-2022, 08:20 AM   #149
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The result here depends on if the adventurer found or didn't find evidence, rigged or failed to rig the tournament.

For Sir Gareth, the Professor, Syntax, Faris, and Zilmora (all who found evidence the Tournament was rigged):

"Wow! We are impressed! Thank you for exposing this crime. We will take this evidence to the authorities. Once Lord Whitmoore is removed from office, the honor of the Tournament of Lords will once again be restored. Here is your gold. You have earned it."

Each of them get 10g for their efforts.
Old 03-05-2022, 08:22 AM   #150
Poli
FOFC Survivor

For Tsavani, Lyric, Wolfrik, and Astrid, all who did not find evidence:

"You are truly a naïve and gullible one, aren't you? Truth is, we asked several contestants to do this. You're the only one to accept it for such a noble cause and you're the only one to return back. You helped thin out our betting pool and proved you have what it takes to win this thing. Here's your gold. You've earned it."

Each of them gains 10g.