Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-29-2022, 10:50 PM   #401
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Did someone predict that Joey Gallo was going to be MVP this year? That hasn't exactly happened...
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 05:03 PM   #402
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Nick Castellanos did it for the third time. HR while someone was trying to say something serious and non-baseball related.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 05:34 PM   #403
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Did someone predict that Joey Gallo was going to be MVP this year? That hasn't exactly happened...

No. I said 80-1 is a nice price...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 06:42 PM   #404
Ksyrup

I said 3 above. I guess I missed one!

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-02-2022, 08:09 PM   #405
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Taillon perfect thru 7
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:32 PM   #406
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Jinx
Old 06-02-2022, 08:58 PM   #407
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Gallo is on pace for about 15 homers and 21 RBI. That’s a nuts stat line. I’d give him like 1-2 more weeks and then DFA him if I were the Yankees
Old 06-03-2022, 09:28 AM   #408
miami_fan
Coordinator

Philadelphia Phillies fire manager Joe Girardi
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 11:20 AM   #409
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post

I've only seen their games with the Mets this year but his in game management was awful in those series. That roster has severe limitations but should be better than they've been.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 10:33 AM   #410
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The world's worst fantasy commissioner can't hit either. Trout is 3-23 in the past 7 days with 1 homer and 1 walk.
Old 06-05-2022, 12:25 AM   #411
Atocep
Coordinator

Dave Roberts created a clusterfuck tonight by not knowing the rules.
Old 06-05-2022, 07:11 PM   #412
Atocep
Coordinator

This 4 game series between the Mets and Dodgers was one of the best regular season series I can remember watching.
Old 06-05-2022, 07:20 PM   #413
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
This 4 game series between the Mets and Dodgers was one of the best regular season series I can remember watching.

total playoff feel. What a game today.
Old 06-07-2022, 03:23 PM   #414
miami_fan
Coordinator

Joe Maddon is available if your team is interested. Well unless your team is the Angels.

Los Angeles Angels fire Joe Maddon; Phil Nevin named interim manager
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 06-07-2022, 03:42 PM   #415
stevew
Hall Of Famer

He should check out the KBO or NPB
Old 06-09-2022, 07:16 AM   #416
Ksyrup

Apparently the Angels' hitters all played a Nickelback song as their walk-up music to try to snap out of their funk. That strikes me as something you would do as the home team trying to cool off an opponent's hot bats. Angels lost 1-0 of course.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-09-2022 at 07:16 AM.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:17 AM   #417
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I sense a big skid coming from the Mets.
Old 06-10-2022, 07:40 AM   #418
Ksyrup

Anyone following the HR rate spike story? HRs were down to start the year, and yeah, you expect the HR rate to increase as it gets hotter, but there was a pronounced and continuing spike in the HR rate starting the week of May 9th. Given MLB has previously lied about using two different balls during 2020, there's very little doubt as to what is happening this year.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-10-2022 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-10-2022, 09:57 AM   #419
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I watched Andrew Velazquez hit a no-freakin-doubter last night and he's hit all 3 of his homers since May 10. So I'm a believer.
Old 06-10-2022, 08:20 PM   #420
Atocep
Coordinator

Casey Mize blew his elbow out and it had me thinking, it's been a long time since we've had a can't miss pitching prospect.

Mize is the only pitcher taken #1 overall over the past 7 drafts and the last 3 taken #1 are Mize, Brady Aiken, and Mark Appel.
Old 06-10-2022, 09:07 PM   #421
JPhillips
General Manager

Hunter Greene has been a little inconsistent and has to get a better third pitch, but when he's on he's been unhittable. It looks like his floor is a dominant closer.
Old 06-11-2022, 12:08 AM   #422
PilotMan
Head Coach

Not MLB, but you guys need to see this one.
Indianapolis Indians on Twitter: "We've been a baseball team for a long, long time.

This is one of the greatest walk-offs we've ever seen. 🤯… "

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 07:21 AM   #423
JPhillips
General Manager

From earlier in the week.

Old 06-11-2022, 04:28 PM   #424
Atocep
Coordinator

I can't imagine a pitcher even getting a chance to hit a 4th batter in a row in that situation.
Old 06-11-2022, 06:13 PM   #425
miami_fan
Coordinator

Curiosity got the best of me. Now I have a little bit of sympathy for the manager. His bullpen sucked the entire week. That was walkoff #4 of the 6 game series.
Old 06-11-2022, 06:53 PM   #426
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I had to dig into that one deeper myself. Sure enough, the same guy hit the last four, part of (I think it was) 7 HBP by the team on the night across 3 or 4 pitchers
Old 06-18-2022, 04:20 PM   #427
Atocep
Coordinator

The Reds had a historically bad start, were being compared to the worst teams in MLB history, are by no measure an even average team, but are arguably the 3rd best team in the NL central right now.

Last edited by Atocep : 06-18-2022 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-18-2022, 05:03 PM   #428
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Lorenzo Cain was released today by the Brewers the day he reached 10 years of service time. He was my favorite on the 2014/15 Royals - just such a fun player who looked like he loved every minute of playing the game.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 06:25 PM   #429
miami_fan
Coordinator

I hope it is a usual thing to wait until the player reaches the 10 years of service time so he qualifies for a full pension. Probably not a big deal for someone who has made over $85 million in career earnings but it is a gracious move by the Brewers.
Old 06-18-2022, 08:25 PM   #430
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Loved watching LoCain play
Old 06-19-2022, 01:29 AM   #431
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This Rendon deal has gotta be up there with worst ever. Still owed $154 million after this season. Will have played 144 of the 384 angels games over his first two full seasons and 2020.
Old 06-19-2022, 10:36 AM   #432
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
This Rendon deal has gotta be up there with worst ever. Still owed $154 million after this season. Will have played 144 of the 384 angels games over his first two full seasons and 2020.

It may end up in the discussion.

Miguel cabrera has another year on his contact and then 2 years the tigers have to buy out. That's another one that's up
there.
Old 06-19-2022, 07:42 PM   #433
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Pirates perfectly manipulate the super 2 rules calling up Liover Peguero on Saturday and then calling up Oneil Cruz 2 days later. Cruz had 2 days of service last year. It’s hard to be a fan, even though Jack Suwinski has looked promising at times so far.
Old 06-21-2022, 07:51 PM   #434
Ksyrup

This is ... something.

Old 06-21-2022, 08:12 PM   #435
Atocep
Coordinator

I will never forget Farnsworth body slamming Paul Wilson.
Old 06-21-2022, 09:18 PM   #436
BYU 14
Coordinator

I want what he's injecting
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 09:26 PM   #437
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I remember this appearance of Kyle Farnsworth's being one of the most predictable ever (Opening Day 2009, 1st game for the Royals)

Kansas City Royals at Chicago White Sox Box Score, April 7, 2009 | Baseball-Reference.com

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 11:01 PM   #438
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Farnsworth played semi pro football after retiring from baseball. That’s crazy. Guy was probably always yoked, but now with retirement he can closely monitor his diet and work out all the time. His body fat has to be super low.
Old 06-22-2022, 03:35 PM   #439
tarcone
Coordinator

Anybody know where to find the video of Oliver Richardson stealing 2nd base at the Astros game? He is 6 and it was a between innings promotion.

He took steal 2nd literally.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:42 AM   #440
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This Yankees team is a buzzsaw and still is starting 2-3 offensive nothingburgers every night(Gallo/Kiner-Falefa/Hocks)
Old 06-24-2022, 05:21 PM   #441
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Anybody know where to find the video of Oliver Richardson stealing 2nd base at the Astros game? He is 6 and it was a between innings promotion.

He took steal 2nd literally.

Houston Astros on Twitter: "Legend. https://t.co/XabOZHLjz8… "

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 02:11 PM   #442
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Casey Mize blew his elbow out and it had me thinking, it's been a long time since we've had a can't miss pitching prospect.

Mize is the only pitcher taken #1 overall over the past 7 drafts and the last 3 taken #1 are Mize, Brady Aiken, and Mark Appel.

Appel gets his first big league call up today at the age of 30. Pretty cool to see.
Old 06-25-2022, 06:45 PM   #443
tarcone
Coordinator

So awesome.

Thank you sir.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 05:17 PM   #444
miami_fan
Coordinator

Anthony Rendon not going all Cowboy Bob Orton with the cast is a bit disappointing.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:36 PM   #445
PilotMan
Head Coach

That is quite the suspension list for the brawl yesterday. It was a wild one for sure. 12 players and coaches in total.

Angels Coach Phil Nevin 10 games
Mariners OF Jesse Winker 7
Angels OF Anthony Rendon 5 (served after he is off the IL), can't sit on the bench the next 7 games.
Angels Ass-pitching Coach Dom Chiti 5
Mariners SS JP Crawford 5
Angels P Andrew Wantz 3
Angels P Ryan Tepera 3
Angels P Rasel Iglesias 2
Mariners OF Julio Rodriquez 2
Angels Bench Coach Ray Montgomery 2
Angels Interpreter Manny Del Campo 2
Angels Catching Coach Bill Haslelman 1

Like Steam?

Old 06-27-2022, 09:41 PM   #446
Atocep
Coordinator

Rasel Iglesias should have a couple more games added for whatever he was thinking when he threw the sunflower seeds on the field.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:52 PM   #447
PilotMan
Head Coach

You mean taken away, because that only improved the game.

Like Steam?

Old 06-27-2022, 11:24 PM   #448
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Rendon will lose almost 1.2mil in salary for this suspension. Slightly less than that if he serves it this year.

Iglesius losing his mind after finding out he was ejected(for nothing) was kinda funny. Glad he got his money’s worth.

I know guys hate that high up and in righty vs righty pitch but it’s very hard to hit (forget exact stats).
Old 06-29-2022, 06:20 AM   #449
miami_fan
Coordinator

Sources - Los Angeles Dodgers' Freddie Freeman fires agents who led offseason contract talks

I remember this was a discussion in the off season. I am assuming Freeman's agent talked to him about the basic numbers of the contract expectations from the Braves and the strategy of giving them an ultimatum. I also am assuming that Freeman let his agent know his preference was to stay with the Braves and would be willing to do so for less money if it was within X million dollars of desired number. If those things occurred and it played out in the way it did, I think Freeman is using the agent as a scapegoat.
Old 06-29-2022, 06:30 AM   #450
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Sources - Los Angeles Dodgers' Freddie Freeman fires agents who led offseason contract talks

I remember this was a discussion in the off season. I am assuming Freeman's agent talked to him about the basic numbers of the contract expectations from the Braves and the strategy of giving them an ultimatum. I also am assuming that Freeman let his agent know his preference was to stay with the Braves and would be willing to do so for less money if it was within X million dollars of desired number. If those things occurred and it played out in the way it did, I think Freeman is using the agent as a scapegoat.
I think he trusted his agent and got burned. Chipper tried to warn him.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote