Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #751
J23
College Benchwarmer

[quote=The Jackal;2478614]I think my speculation makes plenty of sense./quote]

My speculation would be that it would make Batman able to be nightkilled or something along those lines. I don't think all of the bad guys would suddenly know who Batman was and make him able to be killed.

Maybe I'm undervaluing how powerful the Batman role is and undervaluing how powerful the Joker role is. I just kinda figured they would be relatively even. If that were the case, I'd think taking out the Joker this early would be a big positive, and worth some risk.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #752
Tyrith
College Starter

I'm 95% sure that Chief has made that same argument in games long ago, Narc.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #753
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

vote text mauboy
lynch Zinto
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #754
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I don't have any idea of how Chubby acts as a wolf (I guess I should read the Necromancer game closely) but it just seems unlikely that a wolf would be pushing that hard for anything, particularly when other wolves are going to be telling him how it's going to look to a lot of people. To be honest though I don't have a huge problem with voting off a vanila villager who has been advancing multiple ideas that I see as very detrimental to the cause of catching the mob.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #755
Zinto
College Starter

I do not understand how anyone thinks Batman revealing would be a good thing. At this point there is 100 hundred percent chance losing Batman is worse then having the Joker taken out of the game.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:51 PM   #756
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I just kinda figured they would be relatively even. If that were the case, I'd think taking out the Joker this early would be a big positive, and worth some risk.

The difference is that I think the Joker is anti-mob and anti-village while we know Batman is anti-mob and anti-Joker.

Taking both away = win for the mob.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:51 PM   #757
Zinto
College Starter

We should also take advantage of having the ability to lynch two people today since it will provide us with more information quicker. Voting Danny in the hopes that one of the people who revealed is Batman is not a strong play. Even if it means me getting lynched today for the belief that is would help the villagers more down the line I would live with it.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #758
Thomkal
Head Coach

Autumn a question,

Is the Joker considered a criminal for the purposes of the citizens of Gotham's victory condition of removing all criminals from the game?
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #759
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Yeah, this is true. If Danny does get lynched then we know Batman is one of the people that revealed, so in that case I'd probably encourage even more people to reveal as opposed to what I'd been preaching. But I do like the idea of only lynching one person - extending the game generally benefits the village more than the wolves.

Aye, that's why we put a bodyguard on Crimson when we were wolves. I missed this - are you serious Jackal?
Old 06-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #760
Autumn
Head Coach

This evening on Gotham Live:

CITY FLOODED WITH BATMAN IMPOSTERS
Has the Joker flushed the real Batman? Or is this a bluff?

GOTHAM TORN OVER BATMAN ISSUE
Should the Batman reveal himself? Citizens speak out for and against, listen to the man on the street tonight on Gotham Live.

THE CRUELEST GAME
Gotham City debates the fates of two lives today. Will Gotham's citizens pull the trigger on the Joker's execution? If not, who will pay the price?

KILLER ON THE LOOSE
Who is responsible for last night's gangland killing? Can the Gotham PD find the culprit?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:01 PM   #761
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Autumn a question,

Is the Joker considered a criminal for the purposes of the citizens of Gotham's victory condition of removing all criminals from the game?

Well, he is wanted on charges of bank robbery, assault and battery, attempted murder, resisting arrest and also jaywalking.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #762
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
You missed a lot of votes in your recap

Feel free to add them in at your leisure. Laughing boy.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #763
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If I was a mobster, and a mobster was one of the two option, would I really want to tie myself to them by making the arguement?

I don't think the voting history over a 2-man race really benefits us terribly much when we have 20 people voting. Could it suck if a random roled villager got killed? Yep. I'm hoping the no kill will do just that, not kill anyone.

That is purely hope based on a movie that we don't know if it ties into the game or not. What we do know is what we've been told.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #764
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Aye, that's why we put a bodyguard on Crimson when we were wolves. I missed this - are you serious Jackal?

Serious about what, pushing for more reveals? I think I've made it clear in the rest of my posts that I don't think it's a good idea. It was a stream of thought post, saying that if we decided to go strong after Danny that it would be best to make sure Batman revealed, especially if so many people were going to do it anyways, but I still think it's not a great idea.

As far as only one person getting lynched though, I don't think that's a terrible plan. The way people have been pinging me though I'm fine trying to remove a couple of them.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #765
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Right - I'm getting bitten to death by midges here - I'm going to have to retreat indoors where the reception is hopeless. Have fun guys. Don't like leaving a hanging vote so but I'm not wild about the two other choices - Zinto is making some sense and I tend to put J23 into the same category as Chubby. If pressed I'd probably move onto J23 but I'm going to hope others follow onto Bhlloy and I'm likely going to vote anyone who voted Danny today, tomorrow, if I'm still around.

I don't think we should overlook the chance that mau/Chubby are wolf/wolf - I have a really hard time understanding a vanila villager doing anything other than vote for the other party. However I think it fits in better with everything Chubby has been saying than what I'd expect from mau - so I'm keeping my Joker vote on mau.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #766
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Jackal - you seemed to be arguing that minimising kills was beneficial for the village. Are you serious about that?
Old 06-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #767
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
... and also jaywalking.

That fiend!
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #768
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Jackal - you seemed to be arguing that minimising kills was beneficial for the village. Are you serious about that?

Minimizing random kills, definitely. And early game kills, also. The more days we have the more info we have to analyze and the more educating our voting can be.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:35 PM   #769
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
That is purely hope based on a movie that we don't know if it ties into the game or not. What we do know is what we've been told.

You mean the same movie that the Joker's arrival writeup was based off?
Old 06-02-2011, 02:38 PM   #770
Autumn
Head Coach

Gotham City Afternoon News

Bhlloy - Narcizo (626)
Danny - J23 (661), mckerney (683), chubby (707)
J23 - Abe Sargent (726)
Zinto - Lathum (754)
Old 06-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #771
Autumn
Head Coach

Who Will You Kill?

Mauboy - narcizo (626), chief rum (722), lathum (753)
Chubby - mckerney (663), abe sargent (714)
No Kill - Chubby (627), mauboy (633), J23 (661)
Old 06-02-2011, 02:41 PM   #772
Tyrith
College Starter

I probably can't spend too much more time on this than I already have. My honest inclination is that Chubby is just an overeager villager. While generally I would be okay taking two kills here, without affiliation knowledge on anyone we have no starting point, and I feel like we'll be generally better served by getting information on one person and having a starting point, instead of firing two bullets into the crowd today. This is kind of why I wish we had actually lynched someone yesterday instead of playing into Danny's nonsense. If it weren't for the nature of The Joker I'd be thinking that Chubby was Danny's pawn somehow.

Anyway, long story short, for now I'm thinking we just kill mauboy and see where we go from there.

TEXT KILL MAUBOY1
VOTE MAUBOY1
Old 06-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #773
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You mean the same movie that the Joker's arrival writeup was based off?

Correct, we don;t have any clue that no text won;t result in a death, except that in the movie there is a bomb issue. But even in that movie, the only reason the Joker doesn't follow through is the Bat intervenes, it was still his intention to do so. Also, that involved a bomb and a Prisoner Dilemma sort of situation. This is texting and two people. It's new. If you really want to compare things to the film, how to account for those issues?

The ONLY reason to assume no kill text will actually result in no kill is that ultimately, in the film, no one died. That's it, one reason.

Here are all of the reasons you have to believe it will happen:

1) The GM has told us The Joker intends to do it
2) The Joker has confirmed it in thread
3) The situation isn't really that close to the films upon inspection
4) In the film, it was Joker's intention to follow through on his threat

And here is why you don't want it to happen:

1) We could lose a roled villager without a chance to defense them self
2) We lose useful vote information

That's just way too much to take a flyer on.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:45 PM   #774
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
If it weren't for the nature of The Joker I'd be thinking that Chubby was Danny's pawn somehow.

So Chubby as Harley Quinn?
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:46 PM   #775
Tyrith
College Starter

I honestly think the no kill text vote only makes sense when combined with the all reveal Batman plan. If we're going to use up Batman, we might as well just use him up. Just not the route I would take.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #776
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
I honestly think the no kill text vote only makes sense when combined with the all reveal Batman plan. If we're going to use up Batman, we might as well just use him up. Just not the route I would take.

As I've said, I'll move my vote(s) if we don't get the group's buy-in to make it happen, or at least a majority.

I don't know if I agree with voting for one of the text guys. It seems like we're getting a lot less information from that vote since it's limited to all of 2 people instead of the huge number still in the game. I feel like it almost wastes another day, which I was ok to do if it meant killing off the Joker, but if we're not going that route, we won't be gaining as much information as with a regular vote.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #777
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Text Kill Mau
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #778
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
remember, in the movie the mob contacts the Joker and sets him loose on Gotham which means they know who he is and the Joker knows who they are.

until something happens contrary to the movie I will continue with my assumption that this is following the movie

(trying to get as many thoughts in as I can on my 1/2 hour lunch break)

You can choose not to believe me, but I do not know the mob members. That would be pretty ridiculous since me winning has nothing to do with them.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #779
Danny
Head Coach

I agree with this batman reveal plan, come out come out Batman!
Old 06-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #780
Danny
Head Coach

Based on the way the village is playing thus far, I'm betting heavy on the mob to win this
Old 06-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #781
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
As I've said, I'll move my vote(s) if we don't get the group's buy-in to make it happen, or at least a majority.

I don't know if I agree with voting for one of the text guys. It seems like we're getting a lot less information from that vote since it's limited to all of 2 people instead of the huge number still in the game. I feel like it almost wastes another day, which I was ok to do if it meant killing off the Joker, but if we're not going that route, we won't be gaining as much information as with a regular vote.

Except that Mau was heavily involved in the day 1 voting.

Frankly, while I want you guys to play my game, I find it laughable that people actually think going with the random kill is better than picking between Chubby and Mau
Old 06-02-2011, 03:45 PM   #782
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post

Regardless of your decision, someone will die from this little game.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:46 PM   #783
Danny
Head Coach

[quote=J23;2478627]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I think my speculation makes plenty of sense./quote]

My speculation would be that it would make Batman able to be nightkilled or something along those lines. I don't think all of the bad guys would suddenly know who Batman was and make him able to be killed.

Maybe I'm undervaluing how powerful the Batman role is and undervaluing how powerful the Joker role is. I just kinda figured they would be relatively even. If that were the case, I'd think taking out the Joker this early would be a big positive, and worth some risk.

I'm pretty powerful, but also not necessarily more harmful to the village than I am to the mob.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #784
Danny
Head Coach

To this point the real batman has not revealed, so as you phonies keep posting I am batman, you are narrowing down the list of possibilities for the mob. Good job.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #785
Zinto
College Starter

I think Danny is right that fake Batmans need to stop revealing all it has done to this point is hurt us. I also believe trying to say this game is going to go exactly like the movie is a mistake and we should/need to be open to things happening differently.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #786
Zinto
College Starter

I am going to be out until 9ish so I am going to cast my votes now and get back before the deadline to see how things have played out. I am voting for Bhlloy just because I think J23 has been maybe a little to vocal about his ideas more so then I think a mob member would be.

I am also going to vote for Mau since I think his death opens up more information about yesterday then Chubby at this point.

Vote Bhlloy
Text Kill Mau
Old 06-02-2011, 03:56 PM   #787
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I apologize for not being around much...been busier than I thought with my vacation coming up. I don't know how much I will be around tonight, so I will get my votes out there now...I don't think going after Danny is the right call at all, since we know he can't be lynched and trying to attempt it again is probably going to give away too much info the wolves (either the real Batman did or didn't reveal, and with a decent group coming out and saying they are, it would help them narrow it down at least a little). So I am throwing my vote at someone who has a vote out there already. More than willing to switch if I get back on tonight.

TEXT KILL CHUBBY
VOTE BHLLOY
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #788
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I hadn't refreshed before posting, so I hadn't seen Zinto's vote when I posted. Regardless, I still like my vote where it's at.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #789
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
So Chubby as Harley Quinn?

No, despite his nickname, he doesn't have the boobs for it.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #790
Danny
Head Coach

Vote Danny

Let's lynch me again and be back tomorrow where we are today
Old 06-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #791
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
I agree with this batman reveal plan, come out come out Batman!

I am Batman.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:02 PM   #792
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I am Batman.

You already fake revealed.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #793
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
You already fake revealed.

I am D.B. Cooper.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #794
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote Mckerney

stop with the reveals!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #795
MrBug708
Head Coach

Text Kill Mauboy

I hate doing this for DKBL sentimental reasons
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #796
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Vote Danny

Let's lynch me again and be back tomorrow where we are today

This is interesting to me. It almost feels passive-aggressive that you are actually concerned you might not survive the next one.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #797
Tyrith
College Starter

Could someone make the case for bhlloy again? I'm just not seeing it internally.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #798
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
This is interesting to me. It almost feels passive-aggressive that you are actually concerned you might not survive the next one.

Sure . If the real batman reveals I will not survive the lynch, but I will also have accomplished a win condition, so I'm actually not worried either way. And at this point the real batman has not revealed.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #799
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Vote Mckerney

stop with the reveals!

I am Doobie Keebler.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #800
Autumn
Head Coach

Gotham City Court Report

Bhlloy - Narcizo (626), Zinto (786), PackerFan (787)
Danny - J23 (661), mckerney (683), chubby (707), Danny (790)
J23 - Abe Sargent (726)
Zinto - Lathum (754)
Mauboy1 - Tyrith (772)
mckerney - ntndeacon (794)