Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-30-2004, 11:33 AM   #1
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Audition to be on Millionaire

This is the syndicated version but so what, the questions are easier and it's in NYC so it's closer to me

http://www.millionairetv.com/audienceform.html

Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:58 PM   #2
Kodos
Resident Alien

Can I be your phone a friend?
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 02:55 PM   #3
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Actually it would be interesting to see who people from the board would pick as their phone a friend. I mean there are so many profs/lawyers/super smart people on the board that it'd be hard to pick just one.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:14 PM   #4
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
Actually it would be interesting to see who people from the board would pick as their phone a friend. I mean there are so many profs/lawyers/super smart people on the board that it'd be hard to pick just one.

Super smart people? FOFC?
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:16 PM   #5
lurker
High School JV

You know what'll happen if you get an FOF person. You'll ask the question and they'll say "pics plz thx" in response
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:17 PM   #6
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

or say "E. Trout"
Old 06-30-2004, 03:19 PM   #7
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
or say "E. Trout"

I was thinking something along those lines.

"What do you mean option D isn't a trout in my rectum????"
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 05:57 PM   #8
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

This could be on the next IWS quiz.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 05:58 PM   #9
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne
This could be on the next IWS quiz.

At least I'll have a question I came up with on there once, I usually forget to send in my entry so I don't win.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:31 PM   #10
Barkeep49
Coordinator

E. Trout? Please everyone would know that the answer to the question would be 1/2
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 06:35 PM   #11
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

My family and friends have always prompted me to do this, but I plan on running for office someday, and I am positive I would do something on it to shame myself for eternity. I imagined myself sitting in front of the tv watching replays of my screw up at 80, rewinding, watching, rewinding, watching like Kevin Costner in JFK - back and to the left - back and to the left.

Therefore I vote we send Quiksand.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 06:41 PM   #12
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

TRIVIA QUESTION:

What FOFC member has been a phone-a-friend on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" and did not know the answer?
Old 06-30-2004, 06:44 PM   #13
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
TRIVIA QUESTION:

What FOFC member has been a phone-a-friend on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" and did not know the answer?

Hmm I don't know, I didn't even know we had someone be a phone a friend!

John Galt?
Old 06-30-2004, 07:00 PM   #14
Senator

IMetTRENTGREEN and he called Regis a f-ing moron and hoped he would die.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Old 06-30-2004, 07:16 PM   #15
Ben E Lou

http://members.tripod.com/loogaroo/g...r/arivera.html

2 Comments:

1. The transcript isn't completely accurate.
2. At the time (4-5 years ago), you were allowed 5 potential "phone-a-friends" and you picked one based on the question. However, the show refused to call anyone on a cell phone. It had to be their home phone. The guy who was the "entertainment/movie" expert got tickets to Georgia-Auburn at the last minute and went there, leaving the only American-born person on the phone-a-friend list as also the one person who rarely watches television. Considering the others on the list were in Korea when the question being discussed happened, he made the only choice he could: call the non-TV watching American-born guy, hoping he just happened to know the answer. He didn't.

Let the ragging begin.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:20 PM   #16
Suicane75
Coordinator

When you started to say "George Carl...." were you thinking that was the right answer or were you just repeating the list of names?

Last edited by Suicane75 : 06-30-2004 at 07:20 PM.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 07:21 PM   #17
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I was going to guess you but thought that was too obvious since you asked the trivia question, I thought maybe John cause he's in NYC where the show is taped.

That sucks your gut instinct was right.

Last edited by Chubby : 06-30-2004 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:22 PM   #18
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75
When you started to say "George Carl...." were you thinking that was the right answer or were you just repeating the list of names?
Just repeating the list of name. I didn't really have a clue.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:23 PM   #19
Senator

I am vomiting from laughing so hard.

YOU SUCK!!!

Old 06-30-2004, 07:29 PM   #20
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I would have used my ask the audience on the $8,000 question, then used the 50-50 on the $64,000 question and gotten it right. I would have had to use the phone a friend on the $125,000, I wouldn't have known the answer otherwise.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:29 PM   #21
Ben E Lou

Quote:
I was going to guess you but thought that was too obvious since you asked the trivia question, I thought maybe John cause he's in NYC where the show is taped.
Yeah, I was being coy. When I saw this thread, I realized that I'd never told y'all about that little episode. There was even an article in The Globe, National Enquirer, or one of those newspapers entitled: "$125,000, But Not A Penny For Benny"

Andres was a YL kid of mine in Columbus who I've kept up with over the years. We ended up playing in a band together (the one with the now-semi-famous Bebo Norman) for quite some time. He went to Emory, and settled here in metro Atlanta as well. He was a volunteer with YL with me for several years, and he played with me at my CD release party last year. Here's a pic:

That's Andres with the blue bass there. The guy with the hat backwards to my right is Bebo.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:53 PM   #22
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Yeah, I was being coy. When I saw this thread, I realized that I'd never told y'all about that little episode. There was even an article in The Globe, National Enquirer, or one of those newspapers entitled: "$125,000, But Not A Penny For Benny"

Andres was a YL kid of mine in Columbus who I've kept up with over the years. We ended up playing in a band together (the one with the now-semi-famous Bebo Norman) for quite some time. He went to Emory, and settled here in metro Atlanta as well. He was a volunteer with YL with me for several years, and he played with me at my CD release party last year. Here's a pic:

That's Andres with the blue bass there. The guy with the hat backwards to my right is Bebo.

Which one is you
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 07:55 PM   #23
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75
Which one is you
The good-lookin' one.