Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-20-2006, 07:08 PM   #2701
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Can anyone tell me the logic behind my keeper coming up in the opposing team's box on a corner late in the game when my team is winning?

I've had this happen twice in big games now and when it does the opposing team always nails some 60+ yard blast to score the go-ahead goal while my keeper is trying to get back in net.

I should say go-ahead goal as in go-ahead on aggregate.

So frustrating...

Last edited by MikeVick7 : 08-20-2006 at 07:10 PM.
MikeVick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:39 PM   #2702
finketr
College Prospect

what's your attack setting?

my player once scored on an 80 yd blast because of the above.
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:55 PM   #2703
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finketr
what's your attack setting?

my player once scored on an 80 yd blast because of the above.
During that time of the game...it's always on normal/defensive to defensive. And the keeper's rating is set at ultra-defensive.

There seems to be a bug with my keeper settings however. At certain times during the match his settings at fwd runs / thru balls / crossing etc always goes from rarely to mixed. Then I have to manually set them back to rarely. I'm not sure why this happens??
Old 08-20-2006, 10:23 PM   #2704
finketr
College Prospect

do you change tactics? (the 3-4-3 to 4-5-1 type thing) because i believe that resets your players' individual settings.. still odd to have your keeper go forward anyway.

god, i love my keeper with 20 pace.
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:42 PM   #2705
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVick7
During that time of the game...it's always on normal/defensive to defensive. And the keeper's rating is set at ultra-defensive.

There seems to be a bug with my keeper settings however. At certain times during the match his settings at fwd runs / thru balls / crossing etc always goes from rarely to mixed. Then I have to manually set them back to rarely. I'm not sure why this happens??

I mentioned this earlier - the same thing happens to the "free kick" defense for me - all the defenders who are set to "Man mark" get changed to "form wall" or "default", OR all the midfielders set to "form wall" get changed to "Default". I'm not sure why this is, but it bugs the hell out of me because there's on discernible event - it just happens, I concede a goal, and then realize this has happened.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:39 AM   #2706
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

does anybody know of a possible bug regarding players not getting the automatic one game suspension in England after they've accumulated 5 yellow cards?

It once happened that I thought a player had the "yel" tag warning me he was about to be suspended if he got another yellow. Eventually got one but back to the roster screen RIGHT AFTER the game, there were no tags. No "sus", nothing. I didn't make a big case of it back then but it just happened again, where a player with four yellow cards got one in a game and in the game, the commentary even told me that that player would be suspended for the next game. Same here, back to the roster screen, nothing about him being suspended, also nothing in my news items...

Anybody heard of a possible bug regarding that?

FM
Old 08-29-2006, 11:44 AM   #2707
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dola, this one goes more to Marc Vaughan for a FM2007 wish list of some sort. Is it possible to make sure a player will not get injured in training on gameday? I remember in FM2005, there was the checkbox "training on gameday" that we could untick, but it didn't matter as players still got injured in training on gameday. Now, when I saw we that the checkbox was gone, I thought it was because players would not train on gameday, thus not get injured but no, I still get players who play the whole game, then I receive an email AFTER the game telling that this or that player got injured after falling awkwardly during a training session. I mean, if that was in warmup, which could happen, then the player should not have played and I should have been allowed to replace him prior to kickoff, but then if it was not prior to the game, there should not be any training. Or change the writing on the thing and say something along the lines of "fell down a path of stairs, drunk, while celebrating at the local pub"

FM
Old 08-29-2006, 11:44 AM   #2708
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

He was probably suspended in one competition, but your next match is in a different competetion so he is able to play.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:29 AM   #2709
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
He was probably suspended in one competition, but your next match is in a different competetion so he is able to play.

nope, it's toward the end of the season with only league games still to play.

So nobody else has seen this, either while playing, or seen it reported somewhere???

FM
Old 08-30-2006, 05:44 PM   #2710
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
does anybody know of a possible bug regarding players not getting the automatic one game suspension in England after they've accumulated 5 yellow cards?

Yes. It's happened to me several times but I never found it to distract from gameplay in any way.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 03:18 AM   #2711
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Does anyone know of any issues with particular stats always coming in too low in regens? I have noticed a lot of low Determinations in the youngest players I am scouting in my Sheff Wed game (now in 2011).

I feel like I see Determination high in younger players much less now that they are mostly regens, and since I don't that this stat even changes, I think this could have a disturbing effect of the career of the game down the road.

Also, bringing up again a question I threw out there many, many pages ago in this thread: does not having the MLS active improve American regens? Without the draft bringing in crappy 22-23 year old players, are "regular" players generated as they are around the rest of the FM world, and consequently allowed to develop from 15-16 years and old and end up much better?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote