Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-25-2007, 01:07 PM   #1251
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
But with the possibility of a Larry Johnson holdout, Holmes’ return could give the Chiefs some leverage and certainly more options at the position.

what leverage? holmes will be lucky to play at all.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:08 PM   #1252
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Doesn't it seem odd that he's introduced as Priest Holmes first, and then the next sentence specifies him as "Running back Proest Holmes?"

They likely rushed out the article to be the first one to break the news. Editors be dammed.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:09 PM   #1253
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Doesn't it seem odd that he's introduced as Priest Holmes first, and then the next sentence specifies him as "Running back Proest Holmes?"

If it's a cut-and-paste from a news website, then the second sentence is probably the caption for a picture.

Edit: Actually, it's the first sentence which is the caption.

Last edited by flere-imsaho : 07-25-2007 at 01:10 PM.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:11 PM   #1254
MikeVic
Head Coach

Haha oh ok. I just clicked the link and saw that. I normally just read the pasted text and it seemed odd to me.

"Yes, the RB Priest Holmes. Not the other one. I just realized that you might have gotten confused."
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:20 PM   #1255
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
Bears | Financial details on Tillman deal
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:22:02 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the contract signed by Chicago Bears CB Charles Tillman is worth $41.5 million over six years with $18.5 million guaranteed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha. Suck it, Asante Samuel.

Apparently, the deal includes some phoney money -- 8-9 million in the last year and converting 3 million salary this year to a bonus. The deal is more like 5 years for $29 million in new money and about $15 million guaranteed.

I'd be willing to give Asante 35 for 5 with 18 guaranteed. But he won't take it.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:23 PM   #1256
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinatieri for Prez View Post
Apparently, the deal includes some phoney money -- 8-9 million in the last year and converting 3 million salary this year to a bonus. The deal is more like 5 years for $29 million in new money and about $15 million guaranteed.

I'd be willing to give Asante 35 for 5 with 18 guaranteed. But he won't take it.

thus the haha

guy is a fool for not taking 18 million guranteed up front
Old 07-25-2007, 05:03 PM   #1257
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....orts-headlines

Briggs and the Bears agreed on a one year deal.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:39 PM   #1258
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Wasn't that the amount of the franchise tag in the first place?
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:40 PM   #1259
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
thus the haha

guy is a fool for not taking 18 million guranteed up front

I don't believe the Pats have offered him that much up front or guaranteed. I'm just saying that is what I would offer him -- 18 guaranteed, maybe not up all front but spread over 2 years.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:42 PM   #1260
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Wasn't that the amount of the franchise tag in the first place?

Yes. Any deal had to involve at least the franchise number or higher - but it could be signing bonus instead of just guaranteed salary. So, it is likely for Lance to come to camp, he took most in a signing bonus (so he can blow the money right away instead of waiting each week to do it) AND an agreement not to tag him next year. That is my guess anyway.

Last edited by Vinatieri for Prez : 07-25-2007 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:51 PM   #1261
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Yup, confirmed. Adam Schefter reports that the Bears will not apply the franchise tag to Briggs if he plays in at least 75 percent of the defensive snaps this season and that he was advanced $1 million of the $7.2 million base salary that becomes fully guaranteed once Briggs signs the tender.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:16 PM   #1262
MrIllini
High School Varsity

Briggs is a joke. I'll be surprised if he puts up more than 60 tackles away from Urlacher for whomever signs him to a $9mm a year contract following this season.

Additionally, I love seeing Angelo make Rosenhaus look like a joke. "Lance thought it was best to be in camp, and in my experience, players who are not in camp do not perform as well." You mean you got worked like TO's publicist, Drew, because someone was willing to call your bluff. Thanks for playing.

Last edited by MrIllini : 07-25-2007 at 11:16 PM.
MrIllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:41 PM   #1263
miami_fan
Coordinator

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2951390

By Chris Mortensen
ESPN

St. Louis Rams quarterback Marc Bulger, who skipped a mandatory meeting Thursday when the team reported to training camp, has agreed in principle to a six-year, $62.5 million contract that secures his future in St. Louis beyond 2007.

Bulger's new deal includes $26.5 million in guaranteed money, sources said. He participated in the team's first on-field practice Friday morning after missing Thursday's meeting meeting when the Rams reported to camp.

Bulger had recently suggested he could stage a training camp holdout only to soften the threat, but when he missed the meeting Thursday it raised the specter of a looming camp absence even though Rams coach Scott Linehan described it as "excused ... for personal reasons."

Bulger had one year remaining on a four-year, $19.1 million contract. His agent, Tom Condon, was finalizing contract language on the new deal this morning with Rams general manager Jay Zygmunt.

With a $10.25 million average salary, Bulger's new contract would place him in elite company, just behind Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, Michael Vick, Tom Brady and Brett Favre as quarterbacks who make $10 million or more on average per year.

Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:24 PM   #1264
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Is Coughlin going to run every vet out of NY? Now Strahan is talking retirement.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:29 PM   #1265
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Is Coughlin going to run every vet out of NY? Now Strahan is talking retirement.

Strahan is a dickwhite. Guy is pissed because his contract pays him 4 million this year and it's not enough for him.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:31 PM   #1266
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Well, the guy is going through a divorce.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:17 AM   #1267
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Strahan's attitude has nothing to do with Coughlin. It's about money and that would be the providence of GM Jerry Reese. I also don't believe Tiki left because of Coughlin either.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:42 AM   #1268
Logan
Head Coach

Strahan should shut the fuck up and get into camp. Usually, when you hold out for more money, it's because you're unfairly compensated based on the contract you previously signed and how much more comparable players are now making than you.

Not because you've missed 15 games over the past 3 seasons, and saw your sack production drop from 52 sacks during the prior 3 years to 18.5 sacks over these last 3 seasons.

And Tiki left because he thought he would have a bigger career outside of football than inside. Notice how he went from originally thinking he was going to be on Dateline interviewing Presidential candidates to having a part on the bullshit Today show.

Last edited by Logan : 07-28-2007 at 09:43 AM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:14 PM   #1269
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Larry Johnson is signed. Reported to camp today and participated in practice. Should be ready to play by final pre-season game.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:18 PM   #1270
Logan
Head Coach

Kolby Smith will be KC's best back by the end of the season.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote