Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-21-2016, 05:28 PM   #51
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2021 Selection Sunday

Mississippi State (Tim Sheppard) gets the 5th seed in the NCAA West Region. They'll open up against 12th seed San Diego State.

Georgetown (Ariel Ginsberg, Jawouk Bafou) gets the 4th seed in the NCAA Midwest Region. They'll open up against 13th seed Sam Houston State.

Michigan State (Jaybard Riley) gets the 2nd seed in the NCAA Midwest Region. They'll open up against 15th seed Buffalo.

Houston (Al Mighty) gets the 10th seed in the NCAA Midwest Region. They'll open up against 7th seed Marquette.

Duke (Ralph King, Cameron Blodgett) gets the top seed in the NCAA South Region. They'll open up against the winner of a First Four game between Quinnipiac and Coastal Carolina.

Maryland (Chester Smith) gets the 7th seed in the NCAA South Region. They'll open up against 10th seed UAB.

Syracuse (Jack Dawkins) gets the 8th seed in the NCAA East Region. They'll open up against 9th seed George Mason.

Pittsburgh (Qwikshot Collins) gets the 5th seed in the NCAA East Region. They'll open up against 12th seed UC Santa Barbara.

North Carolina (Erik Flamebeard) gets the 2nd seed in the NCAA East Region. They'll open up against 15th seed North Carolina A&T.

Marshall (Thomas Magnum) gets the 10th seed in the NCAA East Region. They'll open up against 7th seed Davidson.

UNLV (Ricardo Tubbs) gets the top seed in the CBI. They'll open up against 16th seed St. Louis. Gotta say I'm shocked by this one. I figured for sure they'd be an NIT team.

That does it for the FOFC participant that will continue their season. I'm a little surprised that Oregon didn't get a crack at the CBI, but not totally shocked.

collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:46 PM   #52
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

FOFC Postseason Recap

We had 11 of our FOFC represented teams playing in postseason tournaments, and through all that we only had 1 feature game.

3/28/21- NCAA South Region Final- (7) Maryland (Chester Smith) vs. (1) Duke (Ralph King, Cameron Blodgett) -- Who would have ever guessed we'd have an ACC match in the Elite Eight, but that's what we've got. Unfortunately it didn't live up to the hype as the Terps broke open a 6 point halftime lead, outscoring Duke 50-30 in the second half to roll to victory in a game that saw 45 combined turnovers. Yikes! Fortunately, Maryland shot 51.7% from the field and knocked down 15 three pointers. In any case, the Terps advance to the Final Four.

Chester Smith (Maryland)- started game, 25 mins played, 4 rebounds, 3 assists.
Ralph King (Duke)- came off bench, 28 mins played, 5 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, 2 steal.
Cameron Blodgett (Duke)- started game, 28 mins played, 2 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists.

And now to the rest of the postseason recap in which we'll only cover the teams and players that are still playing.

RS SR SF Chester Smith (Maryland)

3/18/21- NCAA South Region First Round vs. (10) UAB (W 75-64), started game, 33 mins played, 12 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal.
3/20/21- NCAA South Region Second Round vs. (15) Mississippi Valley State (W 86-59), started game, 30 mins played, 6 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals.
3/26/21- NCAA South Region Semifinal vs. (3) Cincinnati (W 73-69), started game, 32 mins played, 11 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal.
3/28/21- NCAA South Region Final vs. (1) Duke- feature game, highlighted above.
4/3/21- NCAA Final Four vs. (7W) West Virginia (L 80-64), started game, 31 mins played, 2 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, (Fouled Out).

What a run for Chester and the Terps, as nobody expected them to make it to the Final Four. Not the ending Chester wanted as he fouled out in his last game, but now he will hopefully embark on a new chapter, although his draft stock isn't way high, so he may spend some time in the D-League.

RS SR PG Al Mighty (Houston)

3/19/21- NCAA Midwest Region First Round vs. (7) Marquette (L 82-72), started game, 30 mins played, 20 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal, (Fouled Out).

Al did everything he could to get his team a win in the NCAA Tournament, but it just wasn't to be, as he ended up fouling out. As a senior, he'll also embark on a new journey, but he could also see some time in the D-League as believe it or not, his draft stock is even lower than Chester's is.

RS SR SG Ricardo Tubbs (UNLV)

3/16/21- CBI First Round vs. (16) St. Louis (W 76-65), started game, 25 mins played, 15 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block, 2 steals.
3/22/21- CBI Quarterfinals vs. (8) Western Michigan (W 63-51), started game, 25 mins played, 19 points, 10 rebounds, (Double-double), (POTG).
3/24/21- CBI Semifinals vs. (5) Appalachian State (W 67-54), started game, 33 mins played, 15 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal.
3/29/21- CBI Championship Series, Game 1 vs. (7) Princeton (W 95-90, OT), started game, 33 mins played, 15 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal.
3/31/21- CBI Championship Series, Game 2 at (7) Princeton (L 75-60), started game, 27 mins played, 22 pointa, 1 rebound, 1 steal.
4/2/21- CBI Championship Series, Game 3 vs. (7) Princeton (W 82-58), started game, 26 mins played, 12 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists.

While it wasn't the tournament they were hoping for, Ricardo and the Rebels are thrilled to end their season with a win. Ricardo was a big part of the CBI run, and as the other senior of our 4 seniors, he's also looking to continue his playing career. The problem is there is a recurring theme, as his draft stock is even less than both Chester and Al. Here's hoping all our 4 seniors get a chance to play pro ball of some kind.

RS JR SF Jack Dawkins (Syracuse)

3/18/21- NCAA East Region First Round vs. (9) George Mason (W 79-74), started game, 35 mins played, 14 points, 9 rebounds, 1 assist.
3/20/21- NCAA East Region Second Round vs. (1) Tennessee (W 73-66), started game, 36 mins played, 11 points, 13 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, (Double-double).
3/25/21- NCAA East Region Semifinal vs. (4) California (W 91-74), started game, 31 mins played, 15 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal.
3/27/21- NCAA East Region Final vs. (11) Oklahoma (W 62-51), started game, 35 mins played, 10 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist.
4/3/21- NCAA Final Four vs. (1MW) Texas (L 76-66), started game, 22 mins played, 5 points, 6 rebounds.

Nice Cinderella run for Syracuse as well. Jack will have a sour taste in his mouth the way the season ended, as he just didn't have a good effort. Despite that, he is a junior, so if he wants to he can declare for the draft. His draft stock is pretty high, so I think he will go pro.

RS JR C Ralph King (Duke)

3/18/21- NCAA South Region First Round vs. (16) Quinnipiac (W 108-65), came off bench, 23 mins played, 14 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist,1 block.
3/20/21- NCAA South Region Second Round vs. (8) Arkansas (W 84-81), came off bench, 19 mins played, 8 points, 4 rebounds, 1 block.
3/26/21- NCAA South Region Semifinal vs. (4) Kentucky (W 65-64), came off bench, 16 mins played, 4 points, 7 rebounds.
3/28/21- NCAA South Region Final vs. (7) Maryland- feature game, highlighted above.

Not the finish Duke wanted, they had Final Four aspirations all the way. With Ralph being able to declare, you have to wonder what he'll do. He put up decent numbers, but he wasn't even a starter. He and Cameron make a good team, and Cameron will for sure be back as he is only a sophomore, so I think Ralph will come back as well and try for that national championship next season.

JR C Ariel Ginsberg (Georgetown)

3/18/21- NCAA Midwest Region First Round vs. (13) Sam Houston State (L 79-66), came off bench, 29 mins played, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block.

Whoa! Upset city here as Georgetown ends their season on a 2 game losing streak. Ariel saw some increased minutes this season, and while he is eligible for the draft, I just can't see him going. He's got unfinished business with the Hoyas.

JR SG Thomas Magnum (Marshall)

3/18/21- NCAA East Region First Round vs. (7) Davidson (L 62-59), started game, 34 mins played, 11 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 blocks, 3 steals.

Great season for Thomas and the Thundering Herd. They'd have loved to have won an NCAA Tournament game, and Thomas was probably the best player on the team. He'd probably want to go to the draft now, as he is eligible. He's good enough, his draft stock is fairly high, so I think he goes.

JR SG Jaybard Riley (Michigan State)

3/19/21- NCAA Midwest Region First Round vs. (15) Buffalo (W 109-105), started game, 31 mins played, 30 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 block, 1 steal, (POTG).
3/21/21- NCAA Midwest Region Second Round vs. (7) Marquette (W 84-63), started game, 31 mins played, 14 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 block, 2 steals.
3/25/21- NCAA Midwest Region Semifinal vs. (6) Missouri (W 62-51), started game, 36 mins played, 10 points, 5 rebounds, 9 assists, 2 steals.
3/27/21- NCAA Midwest Region Final vs. (1) Texas (L 82-74), started game, 28 mins played, 15 points, 2 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal.

No three peat for the Spartans, but Jaybard has had a storied career with Michigan State. Sure he could come back next season and try again, but really, what's left for him to accomplish at the college level? I will be absolutely shocked if he doesn't declare.

RS SO SG Qwikshot Collins (Pittsburgh)

3/19/21- NCAA East Region First Round vs. (12) UC Santa Barbara (W 81-48), came off bench, 26 mins played, 18 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist.
3/21/21- NCAA East Region Second Round vs. (4) California (L 98-85), came off bench, 23 mins played, 13 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal.

The Panthers would have liked to stay around a bit longer, but still a nice season. Qwikshot will be back next season and he'll definitely be competing for a starting role.

SO SG Cameron Blodgett (Duke)

3/18/21- NCAA South Region First Round vs. (16) Quinnipiac (W 108-65), started game, 30 mins played, 28 points, 3 rebounds, 9 assists, 1 block, 4 steals, (POTG).
3/20/21- NCAA South Region Second Round vs. (8) Arkansas (W 84-81), started game, 31 mins played, 7 points, 1 rebound, 9 assists, 1 steal.
3/26/21- NCAA South Region Semifinal vs. (4) Kentucky (W 65-64), started game, 34 mins played, 6 points, 3 rebounds, 5 assists.
3/28/21- NCAA South Region Final vs. (7) Maryland- feature game, highlighted above.

Cameron has a highly touted draft stock, but he isn't eligible. Probably a good thing. While he put up some awesome numbers this season, he also had a lot of inconsistencies. I think another year in college will do him some good.

SO PF Jawouk Bafou (Georgetown)

3/18/21- NCAA Midwest Region vs. (13) Sam Houston State (L 79-66), came off bench, 13 mins played, 2 points, 2 rebounds.

Jawouk improved some in his sophomore campaign, but he's still got a lot of work to do. Hopefully he can log more minutes next season, and if not, perhaps a redshirt is in order.

SO C Tim Sheppard (Mississippi State)

3/18/21- NCAA West Region First Round vs. (12) San Diego State (L 88-79), started game, 29 mins played, 6 points, 6 rebounds.

Miss. State got a bum deal being sent out west, and you could definitely tell they ran out of gas in the second half. As for Tim, he'll be back next season and I see no reason why he won't be starting.

RS FR PF Erik Flamebeard (North Carolina)

3/18/21- NCAA East Region First Round vs. (15) North Carolina A&T (W 80-53), came off bench, 5 mins played, 5 points.
3/20/21- NCAA East Region Second Round vs. (7) Davidson (W 89-75), came off bench, 6 mins played, 7 points, 1 assist.
3/25/21- NCAA East Region Semifinal vs. (11) Oklahoma (L 83-82), came off bench, 4 mins played, 3 points, 2 rebounds.

Definitely didn't see the Tarheels ending their season quite so early. Wonder if Erik regrets his decision to transfer. He didn't get many minutes at all this season, but the thing is he usually took advantage of those minutes. Looking ahead to next season, it's hard to imagine much will change because there are a lot of upperclassmen ahead of him that play in the post. 5 to be exact. He's already used his redshirt, so he's definitely going the Chester Smith route in which he won't see the floor much in his first couple seasons. However, there's no guarantee he would have seen the floor any more often at UCLA had he stayed there.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:48 PM   #53
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Sometime tomorrow I plan on giving the March recap for our 2 pro guys as well as posting the final season stats.

I'm also going to give a wrap-up of which of our 7 juniors are going pro, and I'm going to try and post career stats for the 4 seniors plus any juniors that declare.

All that tomorrow, then hopefully on Tuesday the season wrap-up, season awards, conference movement, coach movement, etc etc. My hope is to have the 2021-2022 season underway by Wednesday or Thursday, as we've got quite a few incoming recruits that are ready to see where they'll be playing in a couple seasons.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:16 PM   #54
Travis
Pro Rookie

Awesome, thanks! Still really enjoying following along.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:26 AM   #55
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Awesome, thanks! Still really enjoying following along.

Thanks, I enjoy doing this and the Coaches Dynasty. It's fun to see how our coaches and players develop. Obviously I wish I had even more time to devote to both dynasties, and the interaction and feedback could be a little more to my liking, especially when there are decisions to be made and I have to wait on people to respond. But such is the life of interactive dynasties.

I'll do them as long as I can, whether or not people respond, because I certainly enjoy them.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:33 PM   #56
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Thanks again for keeping up with this dynasty. It's become a part of my morning routine to see if there are any updates.

Here's hoping Jaybard makes the right decision for him.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:38 PM   #57
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Pro Update for March 2021

NBA Rookie PF Jace Hunter (Detroit Pistons)

The Pistons currently sit at 30-41, good for 2nd place in the Central Division and 11th place in the Eastern Conference. They can still make the playoffs, but it's going to take a heck of a winning streak as well as losing streaks from all the teams in front of them to make it happen. In short, it'll take a miracle. Jace continued to shine, as he put up some really steady numbers in March, including 4 double-doubles as well as 5 other games where he fell 1 rebound short of a double-double. He set a career high in rebounds with 19 against Dallas on March 10th and only finished with single digit scoring in 1 game this month. Still no rookie of the month awards, but believe me, his performance is really top notch for a struggling team.

NBA Rookie PF Ivan Carrillo (Portland Trailblazers/Los Angeles D-Fenders

Ivan spent the entire month in the D-League, and to be honest, most of that month was on the IR. He did play in 2 games in March, on the 27th and the 31st, and he was sensational. He had 33 points, 15 rebounds on the 27th, then on the 31st he had 32 points, 21 rebounds. He may have found his calling in the D-League, but he hasn't found it in the NBA yet. As far as how his teams are doing, Portland is 19-51, last in the Northwest Division by a huge margin, but still 1.5 games ahead of New Orleans when it comes to last place in the Western Conference. His D-League team, the D-Fenders, are 6-38 in the Western Division and are easily the worst team in the D-League. Perhaps Ivan will get some help from someone like Jaybard Riley next season? Who knows?
Old 02-22-2016, 02:49 PM   #58
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Here is a look at the final season stats for the 2020-2021 season:
Attached Images
File Type: png FBCB Interactive Player Dynasty Stats.png (27.7 KB, 38 views)
Old 02-22-2016, 03:00 PM   #59
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

The following juniors have decided to declare for the NBA draft and end their college eligibility:

Jack Dawkins (Syracuse)
Ralph King (Duke)
Jaybard Riley (Michigan State)

Not surprised at all that Jack and Jaybard are going pro, but I'm shocked that Ralph is. I'm also a little surprised Thomas Magnum is coming back for his senior season. So we have 7 players that are departing us, and here is a look at their college career stats:

Code:
Player Pos GP GS Min Pts Orb Reb Ast Stl Blk To Fls +/- Chester Smith SF 110 37 15.6 5.2 0.8 2.7 1.2 0.5 0.2 1.2 1.8 3.8 Al Mighty PG 115 61 25.5 12.1 0.8 2.3 4.4 0.5 0.1 2.0 2.5 4.3 Ricardo Tubbs SG 141 106 24.8 12.8 1.3 4.6 1.9 1.0 0.2 2.2 2.1 5.3 Rudy Arellano C 103 103 26.7 7.8 2.9 7.5 1.0 0.4 0.3 1.3 3.0 -2.8 Jack Dawkins SF 102 97 28.7 11.3 2.2 6.8 2.1 0.8 0.3 2.0 2.5 9.2 Ralph King C 105 20 16.7 5.5 1.5 4.9 0.8 0.5 0.2 0.9 1.8 2.9 Jaybard Riley PG 99 99 30.7 16.7 1.0 4.8 5.6 0.9 0.3 2.6 2.7 14.3

Next up, the NCAA season recap, then we'll finish off the pro season, and hopefully by Wednesday the 2021-2022 season will be underway.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:41 PM   #60
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Well, since it's been so long since I've done it, it took a while but I finally got the 2020-2021 draft file imported into FBPB, so we've got 7 guys that may be getting drafted, or not. Now moving on:

2020-2021 Season Recap

Season Awards

SR Al Mighty- Al made the All-NCAA 2nd Team as well as being named Conference USA Player of the Year, and obviously he made the Conference USA 1st Team as well.

JR Jaybard Riley- Jaybard made the All-NCAA 3rd Team, an improvement over last years snub. The big snub this season is that he only made the Big Ten 2nd Team. Unbelievable.

SO Cameron Blodgett- Cameron was named to the ACC 2nd Team.

JR Thomas Magnum- Thomas was named to the Conference USA 1st Team.

SR Ricardo Tubbs- Ricardo was named to the Mountain West 1st Team.

A big disappointment this season, as only 5 of our 19 FOFC players got an award. Yuck!

Conference Movement

No conference movement to speak of, so all our returning FOFC players will face the same conference challenges as they did this season.

Coach Movement

2 of our FOFC returners will have new coaches this season, as Kansas State fired Bruce Weber and hired Dave Rice from UNLV. Coach Rice really did good things for Ricardo Tubbs in his career, and Mike Schaplowsky is hoping Coach Rice does the same thing for him.

Also, Dana Altman has been given the boot at Oregon. In his place, the Ducks have hired Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak.

This is where I stop for the day, at least for right now. Either later tonight or tomorrow I will finish off the NBA season, get the NBA draft done, update where our 7 departing players will end up playing pro ball, if anywhere, and set up the new recruits, of which I think there are 6 or 7.

Definitely on good pace to get the 2021-2022 season rolling by Wednesday.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:51 PM   #61
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Grambling is a beast in the SWAC tournament. No need to play the regular season; the REAL season is the postseason! So close to another title. And Bam got crucial starts, to boot!
Old 02-23-2016, 02:11 PM   #62
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Pro Update Through April 24, 2021 (End of Regular Season)

NBA Rookie PF Jace Hunter (Detroit Pistons)

The Pistons finished the season 31-51, good for 3rd place in the Central Division and missed the playoffs by a wide margin. Jace continued to put up great numbers for a rookie, including a 35 points, 13 rebound effort against Utah on April 12th. Despite all that, he didn't even get any awards. Wasn't an any of the All-Rookie teams, nothing. I just don't believe it. He won't let that detour him though, as he looks for bigger and better things next season.

NBA Rookie PF Ivan Carrillo (Los Angeles D-Fenders, D-League)

Ivan spent all of April in the D-League, where he continued to put up spectacular numbers, including 4 double-doubles and a 45 point effort. That 45 point effort came against Bakersfield. For his efforts, Ivan was named not only the D-League Rookie of the Month, but also the D-League Player of the Month. A nice end to his season, although his teams were terrible. The D-Fenders finished the season 8-42, 9 games worse than any other team in the D-League.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:42 PM   #63
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

NBA Off-Season 2021

NBA Draft

We have 7 draft eligible players in this draft, so let's take a look at where they ended up:

Jaybard Riley was drafted with the 3rd pick by the Dallas Mavericks.
Jack Dawkins was drafted with the 12th pick by the Houston Rockets.
Al Mighty was drafted with the 18th pick by the Utah Jazz.
Ralph King was drafted with the 35th pick by the Indiana Pacers.

Chester Smith, Ricardo Tubbs, Rudy Arellano all went undrafted.

Free Agency

None of our 3 undrafted players were picked up in free agency by any of the NBA Teams, but they still had hope, as the D-League Draft was still to take place.

D-League Draft

Rudy Arellano was selected by Maine in the USDL (otherwise known as the D-League) draft. Chester Smith and Ricardo Tubbs were not drafted and will be free agents, but I'll still report on them as they could always get picked up.

That concludes the 2020-2021 season. There are 6 incoming recruits for the 2021-2022 season, as soon as I have them set up, the new season will begin.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:08 PM   #64
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

I'm going to pose a question for you guys, would you like to see the pro players in a different thread from the college guys? Or is it easier to just have it all on the same thread?
Old 02-23-2016, 05:28 PM   #65
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Again, I think it's whatever is easier for you since you're doing all the work. Ideally, sure, but again, at your discretion.

Glad to see Jaybard sign on with Izzo, my favorite college coach, and then get a chance to play for my favorite NBA owner Mark Cuban!
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:52 PM   #66
Travis
Pro Rookie

Holy smokes, how good was the crop of rookies in the NBA this season?

As far as posting, I'll agree with whatever works best for you.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:59 PM   #67
rjolley
College Starter

I like seeing them in here, but whichever is easier for you.

Still enjoying both dynasties.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 12:00 AM   #68
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Ditto.