Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-26-2003, 03:14 PM   #201
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by bbor
One note to add on last nights Oil/Flames game.Oliwa...noted NHL goon scored his first goal in 4 years...on a break away...and holy shit what a move he put on Salo...he looked like Gretzky.

No kidding. Only the Oilers could make Oliwa look so good. He almost got another mins later.

Karim: I think Iggy is one of the elite wingers in the league just for the reasons you mentioned. He has no support, yet can put up very good numbers.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 07:00 PM   #202
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Oliwa put a move on...oh. It's Salo. I get it.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 10:56 AM   #203
Karim
College Starter

Bertuzzi got $27.9 over 4 years. The last year of his previous contract was ripped up and he got a bump in pay this year along with a couple million signing bonus. What it works out to is around $8 million/year over the last three years of the contract.

Isn't Vancouver painting themselves into a corner with Bertuzzi, Naslund, Morrison, Jovanovski and Cloutier? That alone will break a $35 million salary cap.

Although, I don't really think they had much choice. Letting an impact player like Bertuzzi go would have been devastating for the franchise.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 01:35 PM   #204
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Stars come back from two miserable periods of play to win over Calgary 4-3. Goals by Guerin, Guerin, Guerin, and Arnott. Way to earn that pay, boyos!

I'm a bit concerned about the Stars lack of cohesion, though, and Turco was pulled for the second time this season.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:47 PM   #205
mtaystl03
High School Varsity

BLUUUUUUUUUUUES, OHHHHH BAAAABBYYYY!!!!!
6-5 winners over the Wings!
Old 10-30-2003, 02:13 PM   #206
bbor
Pro Starter

The way Hasek is playing i think he should have stayed retired.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 07:02 PM   #207
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Interesting happenings in Anaheim, if you guys didn't notice.

The Ducks have won four of their last six games and have only lost once (last Friday, in a sloppy game against the Sabres where they were leading 2-1 in the third and then sabotaged Jiggy by playing turnover-prone sloppy defense and gave up four goals in the third period) in that time.

But the big news is that backup goalie Martin Gerber has been doing so well (and Jiggy so hit and miss this season so far) that Gerber is now starting until he cools off. Babcock is basically playing the hot hand, while repeatedly assuring the media that Jiggy's job is safe, he's just playing out Gerber's hot streak and give Jiggy a little more time to get acclimated.

This actually makes sense for Jiggy, who has historically been a slow starter.

Nonetheless, I love having Gerber around. I think he's the best backup in hockey myself, but I am biased.

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 10-30-2003 at 07:02 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 03:25 AM   #208
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Hrmmm...

6-5 versus St. Louis and Hasek get chased...

5-3 versus Nashville, CuJo is poo.

Not good. Not good at all.

I guess the team misses Hatcher more than they think.

What the hell is up with Yzerman getting 34 pims? All these fights? Fucking Belgium and the time difference. I have to go figure out exactly what happened there...

The season is long. The ship will be righted.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 09:45 AM   #209
Sloan
High School JV

CuJo actually didn't play that badly. He made a great save early on in the game on a 2 on 1. Most of the goals were from tip ins or defensive breakdowns where he didn't have a chance.

Nashville had a 5 on 3 for two full minutes and CuJo and the wings stopped them from scoring. I thought we had the game at that point.

Yzerman complained to the referee about a very, very questionable holding call on Lidstrom and received a couple of misconduct penalties. The commentators were insinuating that Yzerman even destroyed the camera in the penalty box. He was pissed!

The defense is playing horribly right now, especially Dandenault. He keeps getting caught up in the rush causing odd man rushes on the other end. That and we don't clear anybody out from the front of the net.
Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 05:33 PM   #210
Karim
College Starter

This is probably stating the obvious, but one of the Flames' owners publically stated that the Flames will fold if there is no hard salary cap in the next labour agreement.

http://www.canoe.ca/CalgarySports/cs.cs-11-01-0088.html

Although he didn't actually use the words "salary cap" like Boston owner Jeremy Jacobs, it's clear what was meant.

Calgary is actually in a better situation than many US-based franchises because they've only lost roughly $20 million over the past five years. Without a US network TV contract, that's several hundred million dollars that can't be found elsewhere. $10 million dollar contracts and $60+ million dollar payrolls are just not sustainable.

There are about 15 teams that will be in serious trouble without a hard salary cap. Relocation isn't an option as all the potential markets are taken.

Meanwhile, you have players like Shanahan who are trying to couch the players' position as taking a "moral" stance for a future generation of players. He needs to remember that for every team that contracts, there's 25 lost jobs, and increased competition for the jobs that remain. Not everyone can go and play in Europe.

I've never experienced a loss of a franchise like the Quebec Nordiques or Winnipeg Jets but I can completely understand how it leaves a bitter taste in the fans' mouths.

The entire league and its member associations need to think long and hard about the potential ramifications of not recitifying the out of control finances.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:50 AM   #211
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Karim- it's baseball all over again. Hopefully the owners can win some legitimate consolations in this CBA as opposed to baseball.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 01:50 PM   #212
Karim
College Starter

You know the pending CBA negotiations are a big story when Maclean's has an article on it. They usually do not cover any sports.

http://www.macleans.ca/topstories/sp...03_68551_68551

To show the ludicrous bonus structure for entry-level players, check out Marc-Andre Fleury's contract:

He will receive $500,000 this year if he hits one of the following milestones: 20 victories, 3.25 goals-against average, .890 save percentage, 1,800 minutes played (the equivalent of 30 games), four shutouts and a top-five finish in rookie-of-the-year voting.

If he hits two of those plateaus, he gets $3 million.

Basically he's got to be a mediocre to absolutely atrocious goalie to strike it rich. Now, he's had a fabulous start and should shatter the above marks, but shouldn't bonuses be for solid play?

Next season, Fleury would have to reach three of those standards to receive a $4 million bonus and four of those milestones in the final year of the deal for a $4 million bonus.

While he can't earn more than $8 million in bonuses, he can earn $11.72 million before he turns 22.

"I'm not proud of myself," Penguins GM Craig Patrick said. "The stuff that he has to achieve isn't that [difficult]. He's going to do it."

Last edited by Karim : 11-02-2003 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:33 PM   #213
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Ricky DiPietro is playing GREAT right now for the Isles - well under a 2.00 GAA with a defense that's not been playing well. Granted, Hamrlik-Aucoin-Niinima-Jonsson is, without much question, the best 4-man defense combo in the league, but Ricky has played well. Addind the aspect of a "3rd defender" (with his puckhandling skills) has been a huge asset.

If the forwards would only start to hussle back to play some D, we'll be a dominating team in the East.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:34 PM   #214
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Oh, and how's that Niiniima trade working out Oilers fans?

Mad Mike finally got the best of another team.

Last edited by RPI-Fan : 11-02-2003 at 02:35 PM.
RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 03:11 PM   #215
Karim
College Starter

Yeah, Isbister is a bust. They were hoping for another "Bertuzzi-like" breakout after leaving the Island.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:00 PM   #216
Karim
College Starter

Buried on page 6!

Here's an article on Sidney Crosby. Excuse the broken english. He's draft eligible in 2005 and hopefully all the CBA mess will be fixed for the betterment of the game.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Regardless of the sport, we can never stop looking for the "Next One".
Old 11-06-2003, 11:07 PM   #217
bbor
Pro Starter

He will be a Leaf

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:08 PM   #218
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by RPI-Fan
Granted, Hamrlik-Aucoin-Niinima-Jonsson is, without much question, the best 4-man defense combo in the league...

I'm sorry, could you repeat that?
Thanks.

Signed,
Several other teams.

Old 11-06-2003, 11:19 PM   #219
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

lol, DD, I had the same thought when I read that.

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 12:41 AM   #220
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
He will be a Leaf

There's a good chance. After the lockout, the Leafs will probably be the worst of the handful of teams that remain in the NHL
Old 11-07-2003, 01:23 AM   #221
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by klayman
There's a good chance. After the lockout, the Leafs will probably be the worst of the handful of teams that remain in the NHL

Are'nt they now?

Old 11-07-2003, 08:13 AM   #222
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Ugh. Stars are having some serious problems. 1 goal in the last 8 road periods. Not good.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:21 AM   #223
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Yeeeeah, not everyone can be the defending Stanley Cup champs. Devils go for five in a row tonight!
Old 11-07-2003, 08:23 AM   #224
chrisj
H.S. Freshman Team

Location: Edmonton, Alberta (but still wishing I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
Quote:
Originally posted by Karim
Buried on page 6!

Here's an article on Sidney Crosby. Excuse the broken english. He's draft eligible in 2005 and hopefully all the CBA mess will be fixed for the betterment of the game.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Regardless of the sport, we can never stop looking for the "Next One".

Can't wait to see what Crosby does in the NHL. So far this season in 21 games he has 19 goals and 26 assists for 45 points (8 more than the guy who is 2nd in scoring)... averaging over 2 points per game as a rookie in the Q is unheard of. Even Mario only scored 96 points in his rookie year.
chrisj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 08:28 AM   #225
chrisj
H.S. Freshman Team

Location: Edmonton, Alberta (but still wishing I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
BTW... for those of you in Canada who get Rogers Sportsnet, you should check out the CHL vs Russia Juniors challenge later this month. The two QMJHL games (Nov 20th and Nov 24th) will feature Sidney Crosby for the Q, and Alexander Ovechkin for Russia. Should be a good couple of games.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:04 AM   #226
primelord
Pro Rookie

Code:
CENTRAL GP W L T OTL PTS GF GA HOME AWAY L10 ST LOUIS 12 8 3 0 1 17 32 27 4-1-0-0 4-2-0-1 7-3-0-0 DETROIT 13 6 6 1 0 13 38 36 4-1-0-0 2-5-1-0 3-6-1-0

That is just a beautiful sight isn't it?

Last edited by primelord : 11-07-2003 at 09:06 AM.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 09:07 AM   #227
primelord
Pro Rookie

Dola,

On a sad note however Osgood is still our fucking goalie. Why me?
Old 11-07-2003, 09:11 AM   #228
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Heck, I'm happy with *this* stat

Code:
CENTRAL GP W L T OTL PTS GF GA HOME AWAY L10 ST LOUIS 12 8 3 0 1 17 32 27 4-1-0-0 4-2-0-1 7-3-0-0 CHICAGO 13 5 5 3 0 13 DETROIT 13 6 6 1 0 13 38 36 4-1-0-0 2-5-1-0 3-6-1-0

Hawks fans don't get to see that very often in the standings and more

SI

Old 11-07-2003, 09:19 AM   #229
primelord
Pro Rookie

Good point. I am equally happy to see Chicago below St. Louis as I am Detroit.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:23 AM   #230
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by primelord
Code:
CENTRAL GP W L T OTL PTS GF GA HOME AWAY L10 ST LOUIS 12 8 3 0 1 17 32 27 4-1-0-0 4-2-0-1 7-3-0-0 DETROIT 13 6 6 1 0 13 38 36 4-1-0-0 2-5-1-0 3-6-1-0

That is just a beautiful sight isn't it?

Live it up while you can...

The Wings have just not been sharp. Not at all. I think losing Hatcher really crushed the psyche of the team. You want desperate, they just signed 40 year old Steve "Stumpy" Thomas.

That being said, it's no time to panic. I think the ship can be righted. Hopefully Hasek will regain form, things will calm down, and the Wings will go on a winning streak and get things back in order in the Central Division.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:32 AM   #231
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Honolulu_Blue
[BThat being said, it's no time to panic. [/b]

No I think it is time to panic. Grab your Octopi and run!!!!! The sky is falling!

Seriously though. I have been so busy at work I have unfortunately not seen many hockey games outside of Blues games. However despite the fact they scored 5 goals I thought the Red Wings looked old and slow against the Note. And it's about damn time too.

And on another note what kind of deal did Yzerman make with the devil to still be playing hockey at a high level at this point in his career. I am shocked the man can even stand anymore let alone still putting up close to a point a game.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:40 AM   #232
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
No I think it is time to panic. Grab your Octopi and run!!!!! The sky is falling!

Seriously though. I have been so busy at work I have unfortunately not seen many hockey games outside of Blues games. However despite the fact they scored 5 goals I thought the Red Wings looked old and slow against the Note. And it's about damn time too.

And on another note what kind of deal did Yzerman make with the devil to still be playing hockey at a high level at this point in his career. I am shocked the man can even stand anymore let alone still putting up close to a point a game.

Steve Yzerman. There is none higher. I have said this for years and he never proves me wrong.

The team is old. The team is slow. Losing Fedorov really hurt. Even though he isn't setting the world on fire in Anahiem (not that they need any more fires down there), he gave the Wings an important dimension they sorely lack now. He could really fly and carry the puck from end-to-end when necessary. That doesn't exist on the team anymore. Losing Zetterberg for 4-6 weeks wont help.

The Wings really do need another forward (under 40), but it doesn't look like they will get one.

They also need to resolve this goalie thing. Hopefully someone will take poor CuJo off their hands.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:46 AM   #233
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
They also need to resolve this goalie thing. Hopefully someone will take poor CuJo off their hands.

It could be worse. You could still have fucking Osgood as your goalie. Everyone in St. Louis is in love with Osgood at the moment. (Except me obviously) His good start has blinded them to the fact that 1) the goals he has been giving up have been awfully soft, 2) despite the fact that the Blues have had a large number of injuries on defense they are still one of the stronger defensive teams in the nhl, and 3) Ozzie always gets off to a fast start. Looking at his career numbers his wins, gaa, and sv% are by far the best in October than any other month.

And the fact remians he just isn't a guy who is going to steal a game for you in the playoffs. And that is what we have been missing all these years. Unless you are a team like the Dead Wings were when he was in goal for them you have to have a goalie who can win a game or two for you in the playoffs that you shouldn't have won. Ozzie isn't that guy. Why me?
Old 11-07-2003, 09:49 AM   #234
primelord
Pro Rookie

Dola,

BTW I think the reason we haven't heard from Double A in a long time is because he threw himself off the top of the arch after we traded for Osgood.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:02 AM   #235
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Dola,

BTW I think the reason we haven't heard from Double A in a long time is because he threw himself off the top of the arch after we traded for Osgood.

I miss old A2. I am sure the Osgood thing pushed him over the edge.

I like Ozzie. He seems a decent fellow. I don't really blame the last two play-off series (when he was in net) losses on him at all. The team sort of flamed out collectively.

That being said, he isn't reliable. You never feel comfortable while he's manning the pipes. He will give up a soft/bad goal on occassion and just always seems to let a goal in at exactly the wrong time. The worst example was, of course, that 80 footer he let in during a play-off series against the Blues. The Blues were down 3-2 (or 2-1) with under a minute to go and MacInnis shot it from almost center ice. Bam. Game tied. (Note: I was watching this game during a timed, 24-hour take home exame during my first year of law school. Luckily, for me, Shanahan scored the OT winner in the 2nd overtime and I was happy and able to finish my exam.)

Whenever Osgood is in net, I rarely, if ever, felt confident that the Wings had the better goalie in a game. That sort of confidence goes a long way.

I am glad he isn't playing goalie for the Wings right now.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:14 AM   #236
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
(Note: I was watching this game during a timed, 24-hour take home exame during my first year of law school. Luckily, for me, Shanahan scored the OT winner in the 2nd overtime and I was happy and able to finish my exam.)

Wow! I could never have gotten through an exam while watching that game. I was actually at that game. Mac connected with 32 seconds left to be exact. What a roller coaster game that was. Going from the high of MacInnis burying the red line shot and then even higher when everyong in Kiel thought Hull had put in the game winnerin the first OT. To the low of having that goal called back and then Shanny sending us home losers. And to top it off remembering that we were still paying Shannahan from his priginal contract with us. Nothing like paying the guy who beats you in double OT.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:35 AM   #237
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Wow! I could never have gotten through an exam while watching that game. I was actually at that game. Mac connected with 32 seconds left to be exact. What a roller coaster game that was. Going from the high of MacInnis burying the red line shot and then even higher when everyong in Kiel thought Hull had put in the game winnerin the first OT. To the low of having that goal called back and then Shanny sending us home losers. And to top it off remembering that we were still paying Shannahan from his priginal contract with us. Nothing like paying the guy who beats you in double OT.

I forgot about the Hull "goal"! It went from post to post or something like that. It was ridiculously close to being a goal. Horribly never-wracking game.

That was the problem, I couldn't take the exam. I had to take it that day and started too. I made good progress in the morning and afternoon and when the game started I was like "Ok. I will have the game in the background, but keep on working." After 10 minutes I realized that wasn't working, so I took a "break" and went to a friend's house to watch the game.

I had my freaking coat on and everything, ready to walk out the door and head right back to the final when MacInnis scored. I couldn't believe it. I had but 24 precious hours to write everything I knew about US Constitutional law and Osgood cost me 2 of them!

I also forgot Shanny was still getting paid by the Blues. Ouch. That must really hurt.

Poor Blues. Though I can never justify hatred of the beloved Wings, I can almost see it from a Blues fan's perspective. Almost....
Old 11-07-2003, 11:27 AM   #238
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by sachmo71
Ugh. Stars are having some serious problems. 1 goal in the last 8 road periods. Not good.

I don't really see the problem, sounds good to me
Old 11-07-2003, 11:31 AM   #239
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

The way Hasek is playing, maybe you guys should dump him instead.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:48 AM   #240
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by klayman
I don't really see the problem, sounds good to me

Not when you have Modano and Zubov on your fantasy hockey team.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:38 PM   #241
Karim
College Starter

That's more like it.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:11 PM   #242
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Dola,

ROTF!!!

Old 11-07-2003, 09:36 PM   #243
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by chrisj
BTW... for those of you in Canada who get Rogers Sportsnet, you should check out the CHL vs Russia Juniors challenge later this month. The two QMJHL games (Nov 20th and Nov 24th) will feature Sidney Crosby for the Q, and Alexander Ovechkin for Russia. Should be a good couple of games.

Can someone tape these games for me? I'd be happy to pay for costs and/or trade Minnesota Gopher games, Vanek is worth watching for you future NHL star fans(Buff #5 overall pick), they are playing North Dakota this weekend and they have Parise who is the NJ 1st round pick. Both teams have a numerous amount of NHL picks.
Old 11-08-2003, 12:25 AM   #244
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

And to think the QOTM is gone

Ok, and could you arrange for something to happen to Osgood? I can't wait for his yearly meltdown since I have Johnson on my fantasy team.

SI

Old 11-09-2003, 01:49 AM   #245
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Wow! Ok, so I go to check on my fantasy team earlier in the day. Dallas got rocked again but it was Tugnutt instead of my slumping Turco that got shellacked so no big deal. Then I go check on Vokoun for Nashville. He's down 3-0 to Detroit in the 3rd period (he's been a pretty good backup goalie for me so far- I love that pick and I forget who howled at me but apparently he was right). So I go back and check tonight and see I have one win for goalies and did a double take. I could have sworn I had zero earlier- Turco has continued to suck this week while Vokoun lost a 2-1 heartbreaker to my Hawks. Then I see Nashville 4, Detroit 3. Oops, CoJo imploded and gave up 4 goals in less than 15 minutes while Vokoun, on the other hand, stopped 20 shots in the period and got the win! Too bad, I'm going to lose the wins column 2-1 this week. Just felt like relating a story gloating about Detroit. Resume your daily lives

Oh, wait, in a Colombo-esque manner: "One more thing".

Code:
2. Chicago 6-5-3-0 15 3. Detroit 6-7-1-0 13

I may not be able to do this for long, but I'm going to take it as long as I can

SI

Old 11-09-2003, 02:00 AM   #246
bbor
Pro Starter

What's up with the Wings?

Do they miss Feds this much?Or is the Cujo/Hasek thing getting to them?

Old 11-09-2003, 01:44 PM   #247
chrisj
H.S. Freshman Team

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=59972

Mike Keenan has been fired... which makes no sense to me as (despite their record) I thought their team has played well so far this season.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:06 AM   #248
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
What's up with the Wings?

Do they miss Feds this much?Or is the Cujo/Hasek thing getting to them?

Or is it that they are really old?

Or is it that they loss Hatcher for the year?

Or is it "E" All of the above.

I reckon it's "E" and then some...

They definitely miss Feds. He was really the only player on the team who could carry the puck from end to end with any kind of speed and skill. He was fast and when on, was really on. They lack that zip and punch now offensively.

The CuJo/Hasek thing has gotten ugly. Apparently there are rumors that it is dividing the locker-room and that Hasek gets pissed whenever any player talks nice with CuJo. I am sure that is an exaggerated take on the situation, but I bet it aint great. Hasek has been known to be a bit of a headcase. Remember when he was staying at some Ottawa Senator's house while the Sabres were playing them in the play-offs? There was something weird like that going on, he had a groin injury. Who the hell knows.

People are begining to see the Hasek as a selfish, in it for himself type of guy. This, of course, would not be the situation if he actually played well. If he does start playing well, people will think the opposite. Right now, sucking as he has, people are claiming he came back for the money, to avoid legal troubles in the Czech Republic, and to promote his struggling line of clothing. Who knows...

Losing Hatcher was a big blow to the psyche of the team, I think. They were all set to become this defensive-minded team with big, bruising Hatcher at its core. Hatcher goes down, the center cannot hold... It all gots to sh*t. The Wings weren't all that sound in their defensive end last year during the play-offs. It's carried over.

Also, Legace is interesting. He's never had any real success has a #1 goalie and seems to be good one year and not so great the next. It's odd and based off only my thinking with no current statsitcal data to back it up with.
Old 11-10-2003, 10:24 AM   #249
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

The Stars miss Hatcher as much as the Wings do.
Old 11-13-2003, 01:11 AM   #250
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Aw, nothing like a game against the Hawks to get the Wings healthy again. And then they go and beat the Stars silly by hanging a 6 spot on my fantasy goalie. *sigh*

SI