Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2005, 08:30 PM   #251
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
I believe now that there is one station (or hatch) on the island for each of the main projects (the video says 3 of 6 so lets assume there are 6 projects).

That is what I mentioned in my post #181. Also, why didn't they show where the exit to the hatch leads? I'm just curious because if there is a "door" why didn't they find it before?
Old 10-06-2005, 08:31 PM   #252
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
better screenshot of what Jack was looking at

Now... who's the girl?
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 09:23 PM   #253
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Canadian
Now... who's the girl?

Is it Jack's wife?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 09:33 PM   #254
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Is it Jack's wife?

Looks like it to me.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 09:38 PM   #255
kingfc22
Head Coach

Jack's wife died right? If not, did she leave him for Desmond.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:39 PM   #256
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Eh.. i think i'm gonna have to say "inconclusive."

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 10-06-2005 at 09:40 PM.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:11 PM   #257
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I haven't finished reading this thread yet, but I was under the impression that Sawyer's con-man was the guy who sent him to Australia to kill the vender.
That was my presumption too, until the bit in the car with Locke's dad...seems like it could line up pretty well.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:19 PM   #258
Raven
College Prospect

When Desmond decided he was going to run out of the hatch, he made a break to grab a bunch of the vials. When he did, they showed a quick shot of a book called The Third Policeman.

checking Amazon.com, here is their description of the book.

Fiction. The last of O'Brien's novels to be published and now reissued by Dalkey Archive, THE THIRD POLICEMAN is Flann O'Brien's brilliant comic novel about the nature of time, death, and existence. Told by a narrator who has committed a botche d robbery and brutal murder, the novel follows him and his adventures in a two-dimensional police station where he is intruduced to "Atomic Theory" and its relation to bicycles, the existence of eternity (which turns out to be just down the road), and the view that the earth is not round but "sausage-shaped."
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:12 PM   #259
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Nice, but why would they want Walt?

parapsychology patient perhaps? we know he has certain "abilities".
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 12:13 AM   #260
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic

That's what I've assumed as well.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 05:55 AM   #261
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
Okay...then if this is true (and it seems very likely it is), then how would the French woman know the Others would want him? Could her son have had the same powers and that's why he was taken? If so, then how would the Others know that since (I believe) he was taken when he was a baby.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 06:47 AM   #262
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

The orientation film shown in the last episode can be viewed here.

http://www.thehansofoundation.org/videostream.swf
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08

Last edited by gottimd : 10-07-2005 at 06:47 AM.
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 07:46 AM   #263
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Another interesting speculation post....not spoilers...just speculation based upon what we already know from the most recent episode.

We know that the 'hatch' is station #3 and has something to do with electromagnetism.. We also, through the video hear the narrator say that they are conducting studies in...

"meteorology, psychology, para-psychology, zoology, electro-magnetism, and utopian social ."

then you can go to the Hanso Foundation website and see that they are also involved in..

Life-Extension Project, Electromagnetic Research Initiative,
Quest for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence,The Hanso Mathematical Forecasting Initiative, The Hanso Cryogenics Development Imperative, The Hanso Juxtapositional Eugenics Development Institute, The Hanso Accelerated Remote Viewing Training Facility

I believe now that there is one station (or hatch) on the island for each of the main projects (the video says 3 of 6 so lets assume there are 6 projects). I think that the Zoology experimenters created the polar bears and the shark. I think that the whispering voices we hear in the woods are people involved in the Remote Viewing project (parapsychology), and I think that someone forgot to enter the numbers in the Swan station (electromagnetism) about 44 days ago causing the plane to crash.

I think that we will see every single person in that video here on the island (or at least the DeGrotes and the lead scientist). I wouldnt be surprised if THEY were in fact the Others.

The creators of this show have just kind of written themselves a blank check as far as the number of directions they can take the show (and the island).

OK, so combining speculations: There are 6 projects on the island all funded (or one time funded) by presumably Locke's dad, who is also the guy that Sawyer has been searching for. (the Dharma swan symbol is surrounded by an octagon which suggests 8, but the film clue clearly says 6). Let's assume it is Locke's dad and he is somewhere on the island.

The Electromagnetic Research Initiative is likely what brought Frenchy's boat to the island (assuming they didn't come there intentionally) and likely brought the plane down. Now did Desmond sleep through the entering the code which brought the plane down or did he not enter it on purpose (or under direction of say Locke's dad?).

We know some mishap occured on the island w/ all the experiments. We also know in season 1, Locke "saw" the secret of the island when he was attacked by the monster. Perhaps what he saw or heard was his father, who gave him some directions. This is why Locke is always saying to no one apparent "what am I supposed to do", and "this isn't the way it's supposed to happen". Perhaps even his father somehow knew he was on the plane and made Desmond bring the plane down so that he could have his son save the island. ???

The polar bears, etc.. are explained by the other experiments. The Others (non-plane survivors) are scientists who survived the mishap whatever it was. One group took the boy for his telekinetic (sp?) powers either to continue their experiments, to save them, or perhaps to push the "mental" button over and over just like Desmond had to do for the electromagnetic one. We also know/think that there are some crazy others, perhaps a virus at one point affected some of the scientists, explaining the quarrantine warning.

I want to say someone once said there was plans for a 6 or 8 season story arc. Perhaps what we'll get is the revelation of one project/hatch per season and the implications carried out throughout the season.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 08:06 AM   #264
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
I agree that Jin will get "infected" and go to the dark side. I also think that the ones who captured Sawyer, Mike and Jin aren't the others.

That means there were these groups on the island:

1. Jack's group from the front of the plane

2. Girlfight's group from the back of the plane

3. Rousseau's others (who were ones who took Walt...remember they wanted the child)

4. Rousseau

5. The hatch people

6. Possibly another group that could've been with the pilot

Then there is always the possibility that the big black guy is from the Nigerian drug plane...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 08:07 AM   #265
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion
Then there is always the possibility that the big black guy is from the Nigerian drug plane...

Or Roses husband.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:18 AM   #266
marshall881
Mascot

Quote:
Or Roses husband.

I was thinking that also. Wasn't he in the restroom in the back of the plane when it broke apart?
marshall881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 08:22 AM   #267
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
ah okay, now I remember. Did he look at the picture because maybe its somewhere in LA he recognized, and he was thinking he knew desmond from somewhere?
Well that doesn't look like LA.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:23 AM   #268
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall881
I was thinking that also. Wasn't he in the restroom in the back of the plane when it broke apart?

Yup, which is exactly why I think it is him. I mean I am not discounting that he could be apart of the Nigerian Drug plane, and he befriended the tail survivors. But that drug plane, I am not sure how long it had been there. It seemed like it had been there a long time as the body of the priest Locke and Boone found found in the forest seemed pretty badly decomposed.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:24 AM   #269
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion
Well that doesn't look like LA.

You're right it was Australia. Or maybe I meant "Lower Australia", yeah, thats the ticket!
Old 10-07-2005, 08:25 AM   #270
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
Looks like it to me.
It doesn't look like Julie Bowen to me.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:29 AM   #271
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Please sex Julie Bowen up a bit.

Thank you.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:36 AM   #272
Anthony
Banned

ok, just had a silly notion, humor me for a bit here cuz it *might* have legs:

just like how i speculated that Walt was needed perhaps for parapsychology purposes/testing, do you think the other main Lost characters have qualities that would fit them in the specific fields of science that were listed in the Dharma orientation film, which is why they're all there with a reason? we know, for arguement sake, that Walk already fits into the parapsychology category - do the other main cast members exemplify traits that match up with those fields? or is this looking way too much into something that might not be there.

Last edited by Anthony : 10-07-2005 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:40 AM   #273
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

I think the black guy from the other group spoke with an accent. Just judging by the way he swung that stick I would say he is Dominican.

I think the video said that the industrialist was Dutch or Belgian or something. Which would seem to make Locke's father a less likely candidate, but if they end up saying that Hanso went to evil medical school...

The "Swan" seems to be only asssociated with expirement number 3. So I am now wondering if the shark's emblem actaully had a swan on it or another symbol inside. You wouldn't think that zooology and electromagnetics would be part of the same station (the swan station.)

I think that the 'Black Rock" was pre-1970's, so I think we will find that the island has secrects besides what is going on with the Dharma Initiative.

with that arsenal of guns and the island security system at their disposal, the crash survivors should be able to show the "Others" and the other crash survivors who is in chrage on the island.

Last edited by judicial clerk : 10-07-2005 at 08:43 AM.
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 08:48 AM   #274
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by judicial clerk
I think the black guy from the other group spoke with an accent. Just judging by the way he swung that stick I would say he is Dominican.

I think the video said that the industrialist was Dutch or Belgian or something. Which would seem to make Locke's father a less likely candidate, but if they end up saying that Hanso went to evil medical school...

The "Swan" seems to be only asssociated with expirement number 3. So I am now wondering if the shark's emblem actaully had a swan on it or another symbol inside. You wouldn't think that zooology and electromagnetics would be part of the same station (the swan station.)

I think that the 'Black Rock" was pre-1970's, so I think we will find that the island has secrects besides what is going on with the Dharma Initiative.

with that arsenal of guns and the island security system at their disposal, the crash survivors should be able to show the "Others" and the other crash survivors who is in chrage on the island.

I was not aware Dominicans have a "Swing Stick" distinction quality about them. Plus why can't Roses husband be from another country?

I also do not believe Hanso is lockes father. he actually looks like cigarette smoking guy from the X-files.

Yes, the black rock looked like a pirate ship.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:50 AM   #275
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Heh, he swung his stick like a Dominician.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:55 AM   #276
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
I was not aware Dominicans have a "Swing Stick" distinction quality about them.

They are rumored to be baseball fanatics.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:57 AM   #277
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

I read elsewhere that someone freeze-framed the shark picture and there was no swan on the emblem.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 09:00 AM   #278
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:

Someone posted the shark freezeframe in post #99 here. Doesn't look like a swan in the middle (although it's hard to tell) but definitely the same octagon image surrounding it.

I want to say on the film that they mentioned that the island had something peculiar which is why they setup the research facility there (so there is something innate about the island separate from the research which might explain the Black Rock ... then again it could be a random shipwreck in the middle of an island??).
Old 10-07-2005, 09:02 AM   #279
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

I also do not believe Hanso is lockes father. he actually looks like cigarette smoking guy from the X-files.

That's exactly what I thought!
Old 10-07-2005, 09:02 AM   #280
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
I read elsewhere that someone freeze-framed the shark picture and there was no swan on the emblem.

Yes I've seen that freeze frame and I don't remember there being a swan on it.

Looks like something else.

Last edited by DanGarion : 10-07-2005 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:09 AM   #281
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Could this just be a 'reason' as to why bad things happen over the Bermuda Triangle? Could this be an island within it? Is it possible geographically?
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 09:11 AM   #282
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1
Could this just be a 'reason' as to why bad things happen over the Bermuda Triangle? Could this be an island within it? Is it possible geographically?

Not if they were flying from Australia to LA. Either that or they were WAY off target (like over the wrong ocean).

Last edited by moriarty : 10-07-2005 at 09:11 AM.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:19 AM   #283
SegRat
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1
I believe the writers have already stated this is not the case.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:21 PM   #284
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
I also do not believe Hanso is lockes father

I'm in this boat as well. I don't think Locke's father is Hanso or the "con-man".

I think Pedro Cerrano is Rose's husband.

Watching the episode again last night it is hard to miss the amount of weapons that they now have and should easily be able to wipe out the captors of Sawyer, Michael and Jin.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:58 PM   #285
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty
We also know/think that there are some crazy others, perhaps a virus at one point affected some of the scientists, explaining the quarrantine warning.

I actually think the people who took Walt are the "infected" others... I think they'd have a pretty hard time explaining how they knew of Walt's powers beforehand.
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 10-07-2005, 02:13 PM   #286
SegRat
High School Varsity

I wonder if Jack’s dad is alive. Did the island bring him back the same way Lock is no longer paralyzed?

Was the reason the plane crashed because of Jack’s father? Did the others, or scientists need him for something.

Did Jack’s father possibly have something to do with this Dharma project?

Did Jack’s father or Dharma somehow have something to do with Jack’s future wife’s recovery?
Old 10-07-2005, 02:19 PM   #287
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat
I wonder if Jack’s dad is alive. Did the island bring him back the same way Lock is no longer paralyzed?

Was the reason the plane crashed because of Jack’s father? Did the others, or scientists need him for something.

Did Jack’s father or Dharma somehow have something to do with Jack’s future wife’s recovery?

1. I doubt his father is alive.

2. They wouldn't need a dead doctor.

3. Yes, there probably is a connection

4. I doubt it they had anything to do with the recovery.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:47 PM   #288
Swaggs
Coordinator

Jack's father's body is missing, though. Remember the episode last season, where they found his coffin, but not body.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 03:48 PM   #289
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat

The secret hatches would explain Jack's father disappearing after Jacked chased him into the jungle in the first season.
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 10-07-2005, 03:51 PM   #290
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

SWEET, I MADE THE THREAD TITLE.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:56 PM   #291
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
The secret hatches would explain Jack's father disappearing after Jacked chased him into the jungle in the first season.

Wouldn't him seeing his father just be a figment of his imagination?
Old 10-07-2005, 04:03 PM   #292
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Jack's father's body is missing, though. Remember the episode last season, where they found his coffin, but not body.

I REALLY hope he's a zombie and eats Jack's brains.

MORE ZOMBIES, LESS JACK!!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2005, 04:05 PM   #293
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I REALLY hope he's a zombie and eats Jack's brains.

MORE ZOMBIES, LESS JACK!!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2005, 04:06 PM   #294
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

Now THAT'S wha this show needs!!! Thanks bro.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:12 PM   #295
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
Wouldn't him seeing his father just be a figment of his imagination?

Well yes it could, and that's likely what it was... but if his dad is alive, and on the island... it raises the possibility, however unlikely, that it was not his imagination.
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 10-07-2005, 04:36 PM   #296
Anthony
Banned

i can't stand Jack. at first he was cool, he was the leader reluctantly given his authority. now he's bossing people around, carrying a gun and pointing it at someone every episode. he's let his leadership role go to his head. if i were on that island i would take it upon myself to eliminate him.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:53 PM   #297
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Well yes it could, and that's likely what it was... but if his dad is alive, and on the island... it raises the possibility, however unlikely, that it was not his imagination.

I just think his father is shown to see how the character of Jack reacts and how he became who he is. I don't think his father plays any more of a role than just maybe a connector between other stories, and that he is not involved with the island or alive on it either.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:57 PM   #298
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Vote Jack
Old 10-07-2005, 04:58 PM   #299
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Dola,

Also I think the stories between the main characters are too intertwined to be chance. I think that at the end of the series, we'll find that the main characters are actually one person.

To be realistic, it would be too difficult to ensure that all of these interrelated characters are all on the same plane that crashes.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:04 PM   #300
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
Dola,

Also I think the stories between the main characters are too intertwined to be chance. I think that at the end of the series, we'll find that the main characters are actually one person.

To be realistic, it would be too difficult to ensure that all of these interrelated characters are all on the same plane that crashes.

Identity, anyone?
LETS GO JAYS!!