Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2005, 07:42 AM   #401
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
Sure, but you are ignoring the "Kate in a towel" factor.

And this was the most disappointing episode ever, IMO, for flashbacks. All we learned about Hurley was that he worked in a fast food job (we sort of knew that) and had a best friend.

True, but I don't think it was disappointing. We still don't know for what reason Hurley went to the psych ward, what happened to his friendship. We are slowly learning how the numbers altered his life. You learn other attributes about him as well. The other survivors appear to have broken into another hatch, which hatch (project)? The others tortured and slaughtered them? As if we couldn't figure it out, but Roses husband is still alive. Sayid and Jack have discovered another part of the hatch that they are in. Still leaves alot unanswered questions and mysteries which will keep most coming back, meanwhile providing more details and information in bits.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 07:49 AM   #402
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
True, but I don't think it was disappointing. We still don't know for what reason Hurley went to the psych ward, what happened to his friendship. We are slowly learning how the numbers altered his life. You learn other attributes about him as well. The other survivors appear to have broken into another hatch, which hatch (project)? The others tortured and slaughtered them? As if we couldn't figure it out, but Roses husband is still alive. Sayid and Jack have discovered another part of the hatch that they are in. Still leaves alot unanswered questions and mysteries which will keep most coming back, meanwhile providing more details and information in bits.

I was not disappointed in the stuff that happened on the Island. I just, for the first time, felt myself thinking the flashbacks were completely pointless. We learned far more about how the numbers changed Hurley's life in his last episode. We just learned a little bit more about what his life was like before that. We know that winning the lottery did not make his life better - all these flashbacks did was re-emphasize that point, but we already knew it.

Less pointless flashbacks, more Kate in underwear/vent/towel.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:52 AM   #403
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Did anyone else check out the milk carton at the beginning of the episode that Hurley was drinking from? Right when he sees Jin in his dream, there is a picture of Walt on the side of the carton and it says MISSING on the top.
I just watched the clip, and yes it looks similar but think about the timeline. How old is that stuff? The picture looks like a very recent picture of Walt if it is him. I guess milk does go bad, but that would mean, that they recently got a shipment in of food? But from where?
Old 10-13-2005, 07:57 AM   #404
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
I just watched the clip, and yes it looks similar but think about the timeline. How old is that stuff? The picture looks like a very recent picture of Walt if it is him. I guess milk does go bad, but that would mean, that they recently got a shipment in of food? But from where?

Its in a dream. The pic is not necesarily really on a milk carton in the hatch.

EDIT: But there does have to have been a shipment of food. Right before Hurley has his beach barbeque, he justifies it by saying to jack that there was enough for Desmond to eat for two months (?). But he had been there for three years. He has to have gotten supplied in that time.

Last edited by Samdari : 10-13-2005 at 07:59 AM.
Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:16 AM   #405
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
But there does have to have been a shipment of food. Right before Hurley has his beach barbeque, he justifies it by saying to jack that there was enough for Desmond to eat for two months (?). But he had been there for three years. He has to have gotten supplied in that time.

Yep. That was the most enlightening/interesting thing i the whole episode.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:47 AM   #406
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Yep. That was the most enlightening/interesting thing i the whole episode.
I thought he said there was enough for the survivors to eat for 2 weeks...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:50 AM   #407
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Sure, but you are ignoring the "Kate in a towel" factor.

And this was the most disappointing episode ever, IMO, for flashbacks. All we learned about Hurley was that he worked in a fast food job (we sort of knew that) and had a best friend.

I kind of liked the Hurley flashbacks. It was certainly a character-heavy episode, but I don't mind that at all. It added some further depth to Hurley. I was a fan.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:55 AM   #408
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
I thought he said there was enough for the survivors to eat for 2 weeks...

He said there was enough for one person to eat well for 3 months, but they had 40 people to feed.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:12 AM   #409
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I thought they did the Hurley flashbacks just so D.J. Qualls could make an appearance. That guy's 15 minutes of fame need to be up. He peaked on Road Trip.

Did anyone else notice that Cynthia Watros (any Titus fans?) was going to be on the show as a regular? I think she looks pretty good.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:24 AM   #410
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
EDIT: But there does have to have been a shipment of food. Right before Hurley has his beach barbeque, he justifies it by saying to jack that there was enough for Desmond to eat for two months (?). But he had been there for three years. He has to have gotten supplied in that time.

I'm not sure that means anything. Desmond might have started with 38 months of food, he ate through 3 years worth and now there's only 2 months left. Doesn't necessarily mean that there's been recent shipments.

Now, if you ask how come the candy bars and potato chips, etc... are still fresh, then maybe that suggests there have been recent deliveries. Of course we might just be reading too much into it.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:41 AM   #411
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty
I'm not sure that means anything. Desmond might have started with 38 months of food, he ate through 3 years worth and now there's only 2 months left. Doesn't necessarily mean that there's been recent shipments.

Now, if you ask how come the candy bars and potato chips, etc... are still fresh, then maybe that suggests there have been recent deliveries. Of course we might just be reading too much into it.

Or maybe there is a BJs/Sams Club/Price Club on the island?
Old 10-13-2005, 11:04 AM   #412
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Does someone have the episode on tape? Could you go back to the part where Hurley & Road Trip guy were in the record store, right after Hurley bumps into the CD rack a blond woman walks into scene behind them... is it Shannon?
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:05 AM   #413
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
He said there was enough for one person to eat well for 3 months, but they had 40 people to feed.

That's where she's from... I've been watching a whole bunch of Dre Carey re-runs on TBS lately, and I've been trying to figure out what other show she was on.
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 10-13-2005, 05:32 PM   #414
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven

I don't remember if they mentioned where exactly Kate was from, but I assumed it was somewhere mid-west. The tags are probalby a dead end then.

The episode is in IOWA, as the state trooper's car right before the crash clearly says it.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 05:36 PM   #415
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Canadian
Does someone have the episode on tape? Could you go back to the part where Hurley & Road Trip guy were in the record store, right after Hurley bumps into the CD rack a blond woman walks into scene behind them... is it Shannon?

Much too blurry to tell, the character never comes into focus.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:38 PM   #416
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Oh, and we've now seen Dharma logo #3 in the hatch on the other side of the island. This one looks like a cross-hair inside.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 10-13-2005 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:41 PM   #417
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

That is a hot ass right there.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 05:44 PM   #418
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

i think we need to study this for clues:

Old 10-13-2005, 06:08 PM   #419
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

I was watching some of last year's episodes and I ran into this. Now how did we miss this one???

Old 10-13-2005, 06:22 PM   #420
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
I was watching some of last year's episodes and I ran into this. Now how did we miss this one???

Nice fake...it doesn't even blur with the rest of the picture.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 06:33 PM   #421
SegRat
High School Varsity

Very interesting Spoilers sort of
The "Orientation" film's jarring jump cuts are actually what [Damon] Lindelof calls "missing pieces" that resulted when former hatch hermit Desmond spliced the broken movie back together after watching it too many times. Those missing pieces will become "very important plot points down the road." Lindelof confirms that Walt said, "Push the button. Don't push the button. Bad." Cuse admitted that Shannon's jungle encounter with Walt was a dream. Says Lindelot: "I think the audience is very compelled to figure out exactly where Desmond was running to and, once he gets there, what is he going to do. We told you that he was in a [ship] wreck, but I think there are a lot of questions about how exactly he came to be here. That's certainly a story on the horizon." "It's important to note," Lindelof says, "that we've never said when the plane crashed. I think the assumption is that it happened in 2004 when the show premiered, but we've never said that." Was Mr. Rutherford [from Jack's flashback in episode 2.01] Shannon's dad? Her ex-husband? Expect to find out in an episode airing during November sweeps. "The Helen we meet in flashbacks is not the same Helen that Locke was speaking to on the phone," Lindelof clarifies, sort of. Lindelof says, "What happened to the 'tailies' that so drastically whittled their numbers is a very compelling mystery that drives us through the first third of the season." A major character dies in an episode before the holidays. Expect a reunion between Rose and husband Bernard.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:37 PM   #422
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

I guess you warned me, but I wish I didn't read that. Especially the second-to-last sentence.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:17 PM   #423
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
I guess you warned me, but I wish I didn't read that. Especially the second-to-last sentence.

Well you knew it had to happen... I think it's a safe bet that it will happen once every season, if not twice in some.
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 10-13-2005, 08:29 PM   #424
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:

I'm glad I stopped then once I hit the Shannon part. Phew, I think
Old 10-13-2005, 08:36 PM   #425
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:

i notice that too. but they blured the person out.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:42 PM   #426
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I just watched Boone die. That sucked. Friggin' Locke.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:33 PM   #427
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
Oh, and we've now seen Dharma logo #3 in the hatch on the other side of the island. This one looks like a cross-hair inside.

Now that looks more like the logo on the shark....I think.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:49 PM   #428
kingfc22
Head Coach

Hmmm. Could that logo be a plane? The horizontal line looks thicker than the vertical line almost like a plane.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:04 PM   #429
Swaggs
Coordinator

What are thoughts on how the new group of flight survivors went from 23 members to 5 or 6?

I think the fact that they had a "prison" built, acted so aggresively, and have camoflauged (sp?) the entrance to their hatch makes it seem that the "others" killed them.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:27 PM   #430
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
Nice fake...it doesn't even blur with the rest of the picture.

BTW, it blurs with my old-school monitor. I never thought of that. I did use the blur tool a little bit though. I should never do PS work on my desktop.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:49 AM   #431
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
BTW, it blurs with my old-school monitor. I never thought of that. I did use the blur tool a little bit though. I should never do PS work on my desktop.

All you needed was the blur and lighten up on the opacity and it would have looked more convincing.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 12:53 AM   #432
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
All you needed was the blur and lighten up on the opacity and it would have looked more convincing.

Thanks for the tidbits, coolroy.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:33 AM   #433
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
What are thoughts on how the new group of flight survivors went from 23 members to 5 or 6?

I think the fact that they had a "prison" built, acted so aggresively, and have camoflauged (sp?) the entrance to their hatch makes it seem that the "others" killed them.

I think they were tortured and slaughtered by the others, and in the process of surviving and escaping the others, found the hatch, which they can lock and remain safe. They must be able to lock it, because if the Others are truly the degroots, you would figure that they know where the other hatches are and search in them.

Maybe they were tortured because they were looking for Walt in the wrong group of people at first?
Old 10-14-2005, 06:49 AM   #434
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Did anyone else check out the milk carton at the beginning of the episode that Hurley was drinking from? Right when he sees Jin in his dream, there is a picture of Walt on the side of the carton and it says MISSING on the top.

Old 10-14-2005, 07:24 AM   #435
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:

One thing that doesn't make sense to me is, if this is Hurley's dream and it has Walt on the milk carton .... how does Hurley even know that Walt is missing? As far as he knows he's been rescured on the raft.

Probably just a joke by the writers/directors.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 07:30 AM   #436
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty
One thing that doesn't make sense to me is, if this is Hurley's dream and it has Walt on the milk carton .... how does Hurley even know that Walt is missing? As far as he knows he's been rescured on the raft.

Probably just a joke by the writers/directors.

Could be just a subconcious thought. Maybe since Walt is a kid, and when kids are missing, they put them on Milk Cartons. I am reading too much into it.

As for the Shannon comment during Hurleys flashback, the person is way too blurry to even see. I think if it was her, she wouldn't have been so blurry, they would want you to see her in the background but in a subtle manner.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:32 AM   #437
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Apparently episode 7 of this season (we have only seen 4 so far) will be all about the Tail end of the plane.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:47 PM   #438
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Can't take credit for this, but I found this interesting fact on another forum, and I haven't been able to confirm it:

1) The Candy bar in the hatch that no one remembers is called Apollo
2) There are six numbers in the number sequence
3) There are supposed to be six experimental locations
4) The first Dharma logo looks like a Swan
5) The second Dharma logo looks like an arrow pointed up
6) There are six constellations of Apollo
7) The constellations are: Cygnus = swan; Sagitta = arrow; Corvus = crow; Crater = goblet; Ophiuchus = serpent handler; Orion = the hunter

------

Another question for those with last season on DVD... is Rose's husband in any of last years backstories... specificlly regarding a law frim or Jin.
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 10-14-2005, 02:55 PM   #439
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Can't take credit for this, but I found this interesting fact on another forum, and I haven't been able to confirm it:

1) The Candy bar in the hatch that no one remembers is called Apollo
2) There are six numbers in the number sequence
3) There are supposed to be six experimental locations
4) The first Dharma logo looks like a Swan
5) The second Dharma logo looks like an arrow pointed up
6) There are six constellations of Apollo
7) The constellations are: Cygnus = swan; Sagitta = arrow; Corvus = crow; Crater = goblet; Ophiuchus = serpent handler; Orion = the hunter

------

Another question for those with last season on DVD... is Rose's husband in any of last years backstories... specificlly regarding a law frim or Jin.

Good call.

I would say that this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000

... could definitely be the arrow.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 04:47 PM   #440
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
Good call.

I would say that this:

Or crosshairs to signify "hunter"...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:08 PM   #441
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
Good call.

I would say that this:

Yes it is... someone on another forum has it blown up and it looks like an arrow, the other horizontal "line" is actually the word Dharma.
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 10-14-2005, 07:23 PM   #442
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Nearly finished with season 1.

Kate flashback here near the end (second episode on disc 6) has her digging something up (I don't know what it is yet). The guy she's digging with says, "No self-respecting man in Iowa goes anywhere without beer."
Old 10-14-2005, 07:24 PM   #443
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Bah, the friggin' plane.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:30 PM   #444
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Thanks to this I had to start getting in on it too. Already watched the first 3 episodes, can't wait to get caught up.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 10:09 PM   #445
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Just picked up Season One for $20 CDN at Future Shop... my aunt gave me a gift card she got as a gift because she never buys anything there.
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 10-16-2005, 04:10 PM   #446
jbmagic
Pro Starter

anybody catch that hurley boss was the same boss of locke?

it sure looks liek Hurley boss is locke boss on the last episode.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 09:42 PM   #447
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
anybody catch that hurley boss was the same boss of locke?

it sure looks liek Hurley boss is locke boss on the last episode.

I didn't realize it, but according to IMDB it is the same guy, playing the same character, in both episodes(104 and 204).

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0302965/
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 08:32 PM   #448
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

I wonder how many people played 4 8 15 16 23 42 for tonights powerball?
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 08:40 PM   #449
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

That had to be Walt with the Teddy Bear.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 08:50 PM   #450
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl
That had to be Walt with the Teddy Bear.
I really don't see why Walt would have a teddy bear, he's seriously way too old for that.

edit: an it's a pair of white legs that were carrying it. Not Walt.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 10-19-2005 at 08:51 PM.