Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-25-2005, 02:10 PM   #51
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
I don't remember if or how the player's morale was affected. I didn't even play the game that much compared to a lot of you guys, so now I'm starting to wonder if I just imagined it. How could I see it and you guys not? Maybe it didn't really happen.

Wasn't your imagination...I've seen the same commentary. If it affected their morale, it was pretty minor (like from Superb to Very Good).

Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:13 PM   #52
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
I rarely pull out a player that is doing well among a bunch of players having a bad game, and when I do, it's because his condition is around 65%. I'm thinking he doesn't really mind to be pulled out when he's unable to run after opponents.

It really wouldn't surprise that it is possible to happen and I've never seen it. The depth of this game never cease to amaze me...

FM

Yep, under those circumstances you probably wouldn't get it. The times I remember it happening I was up by 4 or 5 goals at half time and was looking to get some experience for a youngster, so I'd pull someone who was still relatively fresh and had put up very good numbers in the first half. I only saw it a few times over the last few versions (and I don't know if it's still in the game or not).
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:33 PM   #53
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

DaddyTorgo dropped it off, and I am now impatiently waiting for the patch to finish, then off I go! Wonder how my section of the data worked out.. (I was one of the MLS mini-researchers, so if you think the Revs are too powerful, you can always blame me )
Old 10-25-2005, 02:44 PM   #54
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

game loading now, I am officially a league whore in FM2006, 35 nations, 54 leagues, with all the USA players loaded
Old 10-25-2005, 02:47 PM   #55
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
game loading now, I am officially a league whore in FM2006, 35 nations, 54 leagues, with all the USA players loaded

dear God 35 nations!!! All on normal or is that including those on basic?

If all on normal, may I ask what kind of beast you're running this thing on? I mean I know you'll only be coming for air in what, 7 weeks, but still, an answer would be cool

FM
Old 10-25-2005, 02:52 PM   #56
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:

You plan on running like...a game a week?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:58 PM   #57
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
dear God 35 nations!!! All on normal or is that including those on basic?

If all on normal, may I ask what kind of beast you're running this thing on? I mean I know you'll only be coming for air in what, 7 weeks, but still, an answer would be cool

FM

All on Normal:

AMD Athlon64 Processor
3000+
2.0 Ghz, 1.50 GB of Ram
PAE
Old 10-25-2005, 02:59 PM   #58
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

More like a game every 15-20 minutes, but that's cool.

I accidentally started with USA time frame (Feb05, but that's ok, I'll manage till July 05 with New England, then add a big name Foreign team)
Old 10-25-2005, 03:01 PM   #59
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

that's pretty fast, although you got a better processor than I do and three times as much RAM as I do, heh

When you say a game every 15-20 minutes, that's a game of your team?

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 10-25-2005 at 03:01 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 03:09 PM   #60
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

wooohooo
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 03:33 PM   #61
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Yup, I'll play 3-4 weeks an hour once I get going (right now, I'm posting to the Dynasties forum, so that's slowing me down. )
Old 10-25-2005, 04:11 PM   #62
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Sheesh... do you take your players out when they get tired? ..or leave the good ones in all game long?
Very basic rule of thumb for soccer sims - players won't be 'tired' until around 60-65 minutes unless they get a knock in a match, obviously if someones playing dreadfully then don't worry about subbing them before that.

Also word of warning - subbing goalies is a good way to destroy their confidence ... this happens very very rarely irl unless they're injured for just this reason.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:13 PM   #63
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

PS> My hints and tips file (kicking around on sigames.com and some other sites) covers some basic tactics etc.
(end blatant plug )
Old 10-25-2005, 04:17 PM   #64
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
Also word of warning - subbing goalies is a good way to destroy their confidence ... this happens very very rarely irl unless they're injured for just this reason.

Out of curiosity, does this apply in friendlies? I've often swapped keepers at halftime or thereabouts in the preseason to get them both into form.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:27 PM   #65
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

No, Friendlies are exhibition games so the goalie expects it.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:29 PM   #66
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

BTW, anyone see the picture of the PSP version of FM2006?

Guh. I might have to buy a PSP just for that, looks so sweet.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:31 PM   #67
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

What does running a league on "Basic" mean?
Old 10-25-2005, 04:47 PM   #68
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Ok, now a team wants one of my players who was a scrub, but is now doing quite well for me since I brought him up from the reserve squad.

My question? I want to reject the proposal right? I mean, I really don't want to lose this guy right now. What are the benefits to letting him leave, other than making some cash?
On top of what Frogman has already said, it's important to consider the player's relationship to you and the team. If the player is unhappy with you, you might have difficulty signing him when his contract is expiring, and then risk the prospect of losing him for free to another team. You also have to judge the proposal to his value to you. If he is a scrub that you called up, it's likely he is replacing an injuried player, or you are looking actively for someone better to play his position. In that case his playing time might considerably drop soon and with it his value.

On the other hand, if he keeps playing and playing well, then his value might double or triple to the offer you all ready have, so if you sell now you miss out. Of course, if you don't sell now and if he is ambitious, then he might want to leave anyway, cause now he's too good for the club. Or he might demand wages out of your budget, and you'll have to try to sell him for cheap before his contract expires.

A billion things could happen. So what should you do? You're the manager, that's up to you
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:47 PM   #69
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

From Marc:

Also bear in mind that FM2006 introduces the concept of a 'basic' modelling level for a league, this is much faster than a normal or full detail league - however it doesn't actively retain players from that league so only the bigger clubs will be fully populated ...

You do however in this mode get to see league tables etc. for the league in question.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:49 PM   #70
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
From Marc:

Also bear in mind that FM2006 introduces the concept of a 'basic' modelling level for a league, this is much faster than a normal or full detail league - however it doesn't actively retain players from that league so only the bigger clubs will be fully populated ...

You do however in this mode get to see league tables etc. for the league in question.

Can you later manager team(s) in "Basic" leagues? Can you switch them to normal or full detail at a later point?
Old 10-25-2005, 04:50 PM   #71
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
What does running a league on "Basic" mean?
Basic just simulates the league with games and stats, but you are not allowed to manage in it. The amount of players loaded in the database is higher than when the league is not selected, but lower for the normal league selection.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:50 PM   #72
klayman
College Benchwarmer

doh
Old 10-25-2005, 04:51 PM   #73
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
Can you later manager team(s) in "Basic" leagues? Can you switch them to normal or full detail at a later point?
no
Old 10-25-2005, 08:03 PM   #74
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

had problems so far getting the game to start more than once (bad sectors on the HD maybe?). I think I've finally got that licked now though and am looking forward to firing this puppy up!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:13 PM   #75
jbmagic
Pro Starter

wow there so many different tactics you can do.

anybody have a great guide on tactics and what kind of personal you need to run each type of tactics?

thanks
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:39 PM   #76
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I haven't finished catching up with this thread yet, but I've seen players in either CM 03/04 or FM 05 get pissed off for being taken out, particularly if they were close to their hattrick. I remember when I had one mercurial player (can't remember which one) he would routinely become quite angry at me for taking him out in the 2nd half.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:42 PM   #77
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Dang! I have a monster computer that FM 06 is going on, but I was only planning on doing about 15 nations and 30-35 leagues (with me managing in the MLS.)
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:59 PM   #78
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Eaglefan27 cool

i cant wait to hear your impression son how the MLS league is done in fm 2006
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:08 PM   #79
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
Very basic rule of thumb for soccer sims - players won't be 'tired' until around 60-65 minutes unless they get a knock in a match, obviously if someones playing dreadfully then don't worry about subbing them before that.

Thanks to all your guys!! Your help is greatly appreciated. I am determined to get into FM one way or another. More questions will follow I'm sure.

Marc,

I was pulling goalies like I would a hockey goalie... whoops! I am undefeated though, so hey.. Allow two easy goals and your getting replaced!

I pulled this striker from my reserve squad and the guy has been unreal so far for me.. now, a team wants him.. so I think I'll hold on to him for now.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:31 PM   #80
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Here's a picture (click to get the full version) of the Aurora Blue Flow Skin in FM2006. It rocks.

Old 10-25-2005, 09:45 PM   #81
Sadalia
n00b

Yeah, I love the Aurora skins; before I got them I didn't really think a skin could add that much to a gaming experience, but these days I find playing FM without Aurora pretty much unthinkable.
Sadalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:30 PM   #82
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I like my silverstone skin for FM2005, but I think Aurora will be the one for FM2006, at least at first...

FM
Old 10-25-2005, 10:33 PM   #83
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Thanks to all your guys!! Your help is greatly appreciated. I am determined to get into FM one way or another. More questions will follow I'm sure.

Marc,

I was pulling goalies like I would a hockey goalie... whoops! I am undefeated though, so hey.. Allow two easy goals and your getting replaced!

I pulled this striker from my reserve squad and the guy has been unreal so far for me.. now, a team wants him.. so I think I'll hold on to him for now.

I still replace goalies when I don't like their performance.

Fortunately for them, in Belgium, you can only dress 4 subs so I usually don't have a goalie on the bench. But I definitely have a very tight string when it comes to not starting a goalie if he has an average game or worse (doesn't hurt that I have two legit #1's, a young guy who's playing well in limited chances, and a teenager who is tearing up the reserves -- <0.50 GAA).
Old 10-26-2005, 12:24 AM   #84
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
More like a game every 15-20 minutes, but that's cool.

I accidentally started with USA time frame (Feb05, but that's ok, I'll manage till July 05 with New England, then add a big name Foreign team)

What do you mean by "add a big name Foreign team" ?
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 12:27 AM   #85
Fouts
College Starter

BTW, does anyone start the game unemployed? I did this for the FM2006 demo and picked up a team pretty quickly. We kicked some butt during the 6 months even though all the game previews said we had no chance. I didn't understand why they said we suck, and then preceded to slaughter everyone.

Either the press was way off, or the game let me win to get me to buy it.

I am dying to get my hands on this game. One thing I enjoyed was the home page, ton of team info there. I hope the next version of EHM has that.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:28 AM   #86
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

add a manager, managing a big name team, that is.. (Since from February to july, they literally have nothing to do, if you start the game in Feb05)

FM2006 is a LOT faster then 05.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:29 AM   #87
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
add a manager, managing a big name team, that is.. (Since from February to july, they literally have nothing to do, if you start the game in Feb05)

FM2006 is a LOT faster then 05.

Are you saying you can roleplay as 2 different managers in the same universe?

Maybe I am misunderstanding.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:30 AM   #88
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

yes, you can have multiple managers (The demo only allows 1).. but you can play games with multiple managers either over the net, or just on one computer.

For example, DaddyTorgo and I are going to be doing a net game as the Old Firm in the next few weeks.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:35 AM   #89
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
yes, you can have multiple managers (The demo only allows 1).. but you can play games with multiple managers either over the net, or just on one computer.

For example, DaddyTorgo and I are going to be doing a net game as the Old Firm in the next few weeks.

Wow, very cool. I would be interested in hearing how the net game goes. I'm not even sure how you can manage it.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:38 AM   #90
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Old Firm loving scum! My Hearts team is about to break their hold on the SPL (Celtic just fired O'Neill and are in 5th - Hearts havent lost a game in 30 and are in Champions League QF, but still goddamn second to Rangers)

Last edited by Crapshoot : 10-26-2005 at 12:52 AM.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 01:55 AM   #91
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Are you saying you can roleplay as 2 different managers in the same universe?
Can't speak for any of the earlier version but I was able to do that even back in 01/02.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 06:04 AM   #92
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
BTW, anyone see the picture of the PSP version of FM2006?

Guh. I might have to buy a PSP just for that, looks so sweet.

Heh - thats exactly what I've done ... we'll be getting some test UMD's in the near(ish) future for the game (prior to that we have to play on 'test-kits' and PC based emulation versions) and I've made a point of purchasing a PSP so I can play on the train on a PSP once we've got them in (if you're interested I picked up a Japanese PSP from Ebay for £120 which wasn't bad (around 60% of retail price in UK).
Old 10-26-2005, 06:08 AM   #93
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
Can't speak for any of the earlier version but I was able to do that even back in 01/02.
All versions of CM/FM since CM2 have been able to have multiple managers.

All versions of CM/FM since CM3 have had network games.

(if you didn't realise you can mix and match the two, for instance have a network game on 2 PC's in different locations and have 3 managers on each PC's for a total of six managers in the game etc.)
Old 10-26-2005, 08:16 AM   #94
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
wow there so many different tactics you can do.

anybody have a great guide on tactics and what kind of personal you need to run each type of tactics?

thanks

JB - try the hint guide in this thread:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/foru...han+hints+tips
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 08:40 AM   #95
Francis_Cole
SI Games

BTW, does anyone start the game unemployed?

Some would say thats the only way to go !
Old 10-26-2005, 09:43 AM   #96
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I don't have FM 2006, but my typical start is unemployed, then wait for the first vacancy in conference north/south.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:59 AM   #97
Calis
College Starter

Quote:

You better be Celtic!

And you better win.

Fugging Huns.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 10:09 AM   #98
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I plan on being Celtic.

And I plan on running Rangers ragged.

"Glasgow is green and white.. GREEEENNN AND WHITE!"

Last edited by SirFozzie : 10-26-2005 at 10:09 AM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 10:36 AM   #99
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Hey Marc.. where did the Print To Text button go? I do miss it so...
Old 10-26-2005, 10:37 AM   #100
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Hey Marc.. where did the Print To Text button go? I do miss it so...

you mean, it's not under "options, print screen" like in FM2005?

FM