Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-08-2006, 11:32 PM   #301
Schmidty
Coordinator

Commenting as I watch (highlights -Lowlights):

Geddeon - I liked him last week, but he was trying too hard this week.

Chris - Very talented. I hate him. It's like he's the lead singer from Nickel Creedback Teenage Moelster". This song was bad, but he'll make the top 4-5.

Kevin - I am the biggest Don McLean fan ever (perhaps literally), and I was more disgusted than I ever have been in AI. "Vincent" is a soft, soulful song, and he tried to turn it into an emotionally-bereft power ballad. Add in the fact that he is AWFUL, and I would have slapped him if I were in attendance.

Bucky - He's a hick and I hate "modern country", but I just like the guy. *shrug*

Will - Terrible. Period. Gone tomorrow.

Taylor - My favorite AI contestant was back on his game again. After being off for the first line of his song, he just kicked ass. So much passion and so much charisma. He should win this show easily.

Elliott - My second favorite on the show, he has the best overall voice. This song he sang was bad for him. It was impotent. It was on key and such, but it was hopelessly weak in emotion. I expect him to pick it up next week.

Ace - Awful. If he wasn't "pretty", he'd be gone long ago. As my wife put it, "Knowingly flaunting that you are beautiful, while being an average-to-crappy singer, means that you are junk". I love that woman.

Last edited by Schmidty : 03-08-2006 at 11:33 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:36 PM   #302
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Commenting as I watch (highlights -Lowlights):

Geddeon - I liked him last week, but he was trying too hard this week.

Chris - Very talented. I hate him. It's like he's the lead singer from Nickel Creedback Teenage Moelster". This song was bad, but he'll make the top 4-5.

Kevin - I am the biggest Don McLean fan ever (perhaps literally), and I was more disgusted than I ever have been in AI. "Vincent" is a soft, soulful song, and he tried to turn it into an emotionally-bereft power ballad. Add in the fact that he is AWFUL, and I would have slapped him if I were in attendance.

Bucky - He's a hick and I hate "modern country", but I just like the guy. *shrug*

Will - Terrible. Period. Gone tomorrow.

Taylor - My favorite AI contestant was back on his game again. After being off for the first line of his song, he just kicked ass. So much passion and so much charisma. He should win this show easily.

Elliott - My second favorite on the show, he has the best overall voice. This song he sang was bad for him. It was impotent. It was on key and such, but it was hopelessly weak in emotion. I expect him to pick it up next week.

Ace - Awful. If he wasn't "pretty", he'd be gone long ago. As my wife put it, "Knowingly flaunting that you are beautiful, while being an average-to-crappy singer, means that you are junk". I love that woman.

We need to switch wives. My wife is hopelessly infatuated with Ace which is weak since my hair is my weak point
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:39 PM   #303
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Here are my predicitons as to who will go home. FYI I have not missed yet.

Guys:
Will
Kevin

Girls:
Melissa
Kinnik

There you go guys. Call up Vegas and throw some money on those contestants going home.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:05 AM   #304
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Its looking like a final Matchup Chris vs Taylor.

What you guys think will be the final two?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 12:10 AM   #305
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Its looking like a final Matchup Chris vs Taylor.

What you guys think will be the final two?

Taylor vs. Mandisa

The only contestants with soul and personality.

This is my hope, but I have an awful feeling that it will be Chris (blah) vs. Lisa (not ready).
Old 03-09-2006, 06:42 AM   #306
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Taylor gets on my nerves. I'll be rooting against him the rest of the way.l
Old 03-09-2006, 07:00 AM   #307
law90026
College Benchwarmer

It's a pity 6 girls have to go through because I think the judges are right, the guys are much better. The only performances I didn't like were Kevin's and Will's. Chris was only ok for me, surprising coz he was really good the past 2 weeks. And the Ace falsetto thing was just odd .. guy comes out dressed to rock and then he's like all girly :P

Overall, the guys were good. Performance I really liked was Gadeon's and Elliot's.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:59 AM   #308
Thomkal
Head Coach

My thoughts on the performances:

Gedeon-When the Top 24 weeks began, thought he never had a shot at making the Top 12. Now he's a candidate for Top 6 in my mind. I think the theme weeks are going to hurt him more than many of the others though. This was my least favorite of his performances, but as Randy says, he knows the type of songs he should be singing.

Chris-Love the song he sang, didn't like him singing it as much. Seemed a bit drugged or ready to fall asleep at points during it. But clearly a Top 6 and overall winner candidate at this point.

Kevin-Vincent is one of my all-time favs, and it made me very sad to see him butcher it. Looked like a high-school talent contest performance. He shouldn't have been invited to Hollywood till he got out of high school and had some singing/performance lessons.

Bucky-Wow. If he goes tonight, he should be blaming whoever chose that arrangement of the song. That was an "adult contemporary" version of a country song, and it made him sound awful. He wasn't going to go far past tonight anyway, but I think that sealed the deal. Have to root for him a bit though, since I'm an identical twin too.

Will-Another that needed to come back after he graduated. But I think he's the more polished of the Kevin/Will duo, and I enjoyed his performance. I think he squeaks by for another week, but will need to channel Josh Groban next week to survive for any longer.

Taylor-another hard to watch, good to listen to performance. His uniqueness will keep him alive in the Top 12, but it'll be interesting to see how far he will go. The song was a good choice for his voice.

Elliott-Lucky he had such good performances in the past weeks. I thought this was one of the worst of the night, and I can't believe Randy "out of pitch man" Jackson actually liked it. You could tell he didn't particularly like the way he was singing it during the performance. I thought a lock for Top 6 before, but he needs to come back next week with a strong performance to regain that status for me.

Ace-I give him credit for showing off his ability and range, but I generally don't like men singing falsetto. I cringed when he said he was going to sing a Michael Jackson song. Such a bad choice for him. When he went back to his normal voice it was good though. I still want him in a Bottom 3 just to wake him up, cause I think he has a lot of potential. Now I'm beginning to wonder though.

Girls Gone: Melissa and Kinnik
Guys Gone: Kevin and Bucky.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:40 AM   #309
Hawglaw
H.S. Freshman Team

Even though Taylor's dancing reminded me of a mental patient trying to put out a grease fire, I still want him to win.

Last edited by Hawglaw : 03-09-2006 at 10:41 AM.
Hawglaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:36 PM   #310
Daimyo
College Starter

I think Lisa is by far the most talented person in the competition this year, but she just doesn't generate much excitement... It would be a shame if Eliot went home after that bland performance, he was easily the best guy through the first three episodes.

My guess for going home tonight is Melissa, Kinnik, Peter Brady, and Bucky. I think Kevin is by far the worst remaining, but I bet he'll stick around to tormet us for a few more weeks ala John Stevens.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:51 PM   #311
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

That's not Peter Brady - it's Fred Savage!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:27 PM   #312
Joe
Pro Starter

Something (woo) about Taylor’s performance (woo) was getting on my (woo) nerves but I (woo) couldn’t (woo) figure (woo) out (woo) what (woo) it (woo) was
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:08 PM   #313
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
Something (woo) about Taylor’s performance (woo) was getting on my (woo) nerves but I (woo) couldn’t (woo) figure (woo) out (woo) what (woo) it (woo) was
Hahah. I had the same thought back when Rackstar was on. One of the female singers would CONSTANTLY shout "come on" to the crowd during the song. That kind of stuff really annoys me.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:42 PM   #314
Ksyrup

I ran across this in an article. Interesting...

A few other tidbits...Chris tried out for Rockstar INXS, but wasn't chosen. Oh, I can TOTALLY see why they'd want MiG Ayesa over him. And Ace is dating Essence Atkins from Smart Guy and Half & Half. Thats also the show he guest starred on. *coughcastingcouchcough*
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-09-2006, 07:44 PM   #315
Joe
Pro Starter

Based on his song selections, I'd assume that Ace is gay.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:45 PM   #316
Ksyrup

I just assumed Essence Atkins was a guy. *shurg*
Old 03-09-2006, 07:46 PM   #317
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
I just assumed Essence Atkins was a guy. *shurg*

No, she's actually pretty good looking
Old 03-09-2006, 07:48 PM   #318
Ksyrup

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Old 03-09-2006, 07:48 PM   #319
Ksyrup

That was in reference to Covais making the top 12.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:49 PM   #320
Joe
Pro Starter

awesome, votefortheworst.com pulled Kevin through!
Old 03-09-2006, 07:53 PM   #321
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I cannot believe Kevin is going through. What a shocker. Old people must love him
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:54 PM   #322
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Two shockers. Gideon over Bucky???? WOW
Old 03-09-2006, 07:54 PM   #323
Ksyrup

Awesome! If not Covais, then see ya, Gedeon!
Old 03-09-2006, 07:55 PM   #324
Ksyrup

On that votefortheworst.com site, check out the "truths about Pickles" page:

http://votefortheworst.com/pickler.html
Old 03-09-2006, 07:55 PM   #325
Joe
Pro Starter

Old 03-09-2006, 08:17 PM   #326
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I can't believe Gedeon is going home.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-09-2006 at 08:18 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:34 PM   #327
Ksyrup

I've never liked the guy, and I can't explain why. He's a good singer and performer, for what he does. Certainly better than Bucky. But something about the way he looks bugs the hell out of me. I think Simon said it best the first night of the top 24 performances, and it ended up being his downfall. Watching the old footage, I honestly think he would have gone farther had he just not grown the mustache. It made his weird smile that much more of a pronounced, bizarre feature. As strange as it sounds, I think that made a difference.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:19 PM   #328
Thomkal
Head Coach

Wow couple of shockers tonight. Melissa over Ayla was a bit of a shocker, guess Ayla's background came into play there after all. Too bad I really thought she was a darkhorse to win it all.

Gedeon's appearance probably was a factor in his leaving, but I think he was very unlikeable off the stage-just seemed a bit arrogant to me. Still he shouldn't have gone home yet-he gave three good performances which is about 2 or 3 more than Bucky and Kevin can say.

I liked Kinnik and Will, but it was pretty clear they weren't going to win the whole competition.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:19 AM   #329
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I wish you people would leave Melissa alone. I want to see her boobs....uh...um..her sing again. Yeah, that's it.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:26 AM   #330
Cuckoo
College Starter

Yeah, in my opinion neither Ayla nor Gedeon should be going home. It should've, of course, been Kevin but rather Bucky than Gedeon. And I think Ayla had earned the trip over Melissa based on the bulk of the work.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:57 AM   #331
Ksyrup

As much as I don't like Gedeon, there's no way Covais or Bucky were better than him in any facet - even appearance, for that matter. I just have no clue how anyone could find Covais remotely entertaining to listen to or look at. Simon was dead on when he said the guy sounded like an 11-year old singing that starry night song. He's not only the whitest white boy I've ever heard, but he's also got the voice/body of a pre-teen. That's usually not a great combination...

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-10-2006 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:17 PM   #332
jbmagic
Pro Starter

I wish the judge votes makes up 50% of the voting and 50% goes to the fans that call in.

Gedeon should of been in and Kevin out.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:21 PM   #333
FBPro
College Starter

Gedeon was ahead of Bucky and Kevin.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #334
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg
I wish you people would leave Melissa alone. I want to see her boobs....uh...um..her sing again. Yeah, that's it.
Concur......
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 03:58 PM   #335
Anthony
Banned

is it me, or did Bo Bice really fucking suck when he sang that bad song? i think he sang out of key during the bridge. ugh.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:02 PM   #336
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
is it me, or did Bo Bice really fucking suck when he sang that bad song? i think he sang out of key during the bridge. ugh.

I thought the exact same thing. I actually meant to post that but forgot. Based on what he did last year in the competition, that was far, far below par if you ask me.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:04 PM   #337
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mrs. Eaglesfan and I both thought the same thing about Bo last night.

She thought it was a bad arrangement which was too contemporary and didn't allow him to really rock.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-10-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #338
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:

It was so bad I had to mute the TV. I rank it down there with listening a cat getting buttfucked by a scolding hot rod with thorns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:06 PM   #339
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I've listened to sound clips of Bo's album and thought it was horrible.

He's a southern rock guy, and they made him do a pop album. That song he did last night was NOT rock. No wonder he looked so uncomfortable out there last night. He has to hate himself right now.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:39 PM   #340
Rizon
Pro Starter

Taylor Hicks:

Quote:
If you couldn't sing, which talent would you most like to have?

Catching touchdown passes.
Quote:
Old 03-10-2006, 09:42 PM   #341
Rizon
Pro Starter

This is the order I think they'll go down (which is from a complex formula and not by most talented)

Bucky
Mandisa
Melissa
Paris
Kevin
Ace
Lisa
Kelly
Elliot
Katharine
Taylor
Chris
Quote:
Old 03-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #342
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Kevin going home after Paris? And Mandissa? I would have to dissagree with you. If Melissa's boobs were any smaller she'd already be gone
Old 03-11-2006, 06:50 PM   #343
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon
I rank it down there with listening a cat getting buttfucked by a scolding hot rod with thorns.
So he sounded like Fantasia?
Old 03-11-2006, 07:47 PM   #344
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
So he sounded like Fantasia?

No, not that bad. My ears weren't bleeding after.
Quote:
Old 03-11-2006, 07:49 PM   #345
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl
Kevin going home after Paris? And Mandissa? I would have to dissagree with you. If Melissa's boobs were any smaller she'd already be gone

Yes, looks strange, but I can't argue with the system. It takes into account likelihood of pornos emerging, dirt, and the possibility of having a relationship with one of the judges or Ryan Seacrest (I'll give you a hint, the system docked someone for having a relationship with Ryan, and the name starts with A and ends in E and has a C somewhere in the middle).
Quote:
Old 03-11-2006, 07:51 PM   #346
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon
This is the order I think they'll go down (which is from a complex formula and not by most talented)

Bucky
Mandisa
Melissa
Paris
Kevin
Ace
Lisa
Kelly
Elliot
Katharine
Taylor
Chris
My list of going down would begin and end with Katharine
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 09:12 PM   #347
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush

Just noticed that you stole this opinion from votefortheworst.com .

Normally I'd chastise something like that but if it'll help to get rid of Taylor I'm all for it.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:14 PM   #348
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
Just noticed that you stole this opinion from votefortheworst.com .

Normally I'd chastise something like that but if it'll help to get rid of Taylor I'm all for it.

it was from his performance a few weeks ago but it applies to every performance he's ever done.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:11 PM   #349
Ksyrup

Quote:

When you put him in a studio singing songs written by people chosen by Clive Davis, that's what you get.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:40 PM   #350
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
When you put him in a studio singing songs written by people chosen by Clive Davis, that's what you get.

Yep.

My wife bought his shitty album, listened to 3 songs, and threw it into our crappy CD holder, never to be listened to again.

I was a huge Bo fan last season and it's sad to see him have to sell his soul.

On the other hand, I hated Carrie (and modern "country"), but I kind of like her new single. Wierd.

Last edited by Schmidty : 03-11-2006 at 10:41 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote