Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl
If Melissa's boobs were any smaller she'd already be gone

Thankfully they are not.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:05 AM   #352
Anthony
Banned

Bo Bice needs to be in a rock band in the mold of Nickleback. if that bad looking guy with that big schnoz (nose) from Nickleback can be in a popular band, Bo Bice should be able to do it too.

Bo needs to be in a band whose sound is like Nickleback and Creed. then, and only then, will he be minutely successful. you can't have someone who looks like he was an extra from the movie "Almost Famous" singing that bad song "Real Thing". btw, that song likely broke the record for most pop cliche lyrics. i googled the lyrics and found these oft-used gems:

1. "driving me insane"
2. "keeps me hangin on"
3. "It feels like you're taking a part of me with you"
4. "Every word I say, I mean it"

these all need to be retired now.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:06 AM   #353
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg
Thankfully they are not.
Thank goodness for the NOT so small things then - I guess is an appropriate statement here
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:02 PM   #354
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

From an AI blog:

Chris Daughtry confirmed that the band Fuel offered him a spot as lead singer. Chris said that he turned it down--he wants to keep the "momentum going here." I'm sure it had nothing to do with that iron-clad contract. heh. He's hoping to eventually write songs with band member Chris Bell.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:14 PM   #355
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
From an AI blog:

Chris Daughtry confirmed that the band Fuel offered him a spot as lead singer. Chris said that he turned it down--he wants to keep the "momentum going here." I'm sure it had nothing to do with that iron-clad contract. heh. He's hoping to eventually write songs with band member Chris Bell.

Is this really true? Did Fuel lose their singer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:18 PM   #356
Ksyrup

Fuel reportedly offers Idol's Chris Daughtry a job as its lead singer
American Idol 5 frontrunner Chris Daughtry impressed the judges and the public with his rendition of “Hemorrhage” by Fuel last week. And he also impressed Fuel, so much so that they’ve reportedly offered him a job as their lead singer.
Jeff Abercrombie, the group’s bass player, told Extra that Chris did “a great job. This guy delivered. And he delivered like he’d written the song himself.” The band’s lead singer, Brett Scallions, left the group early in February. And following Chris’ performance, Randy Jackson told Access Hollywood that “Chris just got offered to be in the band Fuel, the lead singer is gone so they are trying to get it together.”
But it may not be a sure thing. The group is having a contest to replace their lead singer. Their web site’s announcement for this search mentions Chris’ performance, but also asks others to send in performances for consideration. Of course, Chris is currently handcuffed to Idol by its contract, so by the time he can sing for Fuel, its original members will be long gone.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-14-2006, 04:37 PM   #357
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

My wife is excited.. We are going to see Bo in 'concert' tomorrow up in Green Bay. (I say concert in quotes because it is a 5 or 6 song set for charity so, nothing really big). But, when did win the opportunity to meet him before the show so, should be interesting.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:23 PM   #358
Easy Mac

Ace - Very horrible. Worse than normal. He sucked. I can't speak as to how horrible he was.
Kellie - Sounded like a duck getting screwed by a horse. She looked like white trash, and not the kind you'd want to sleep with.

Not a good start.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:27 PM   #359
Easy Mac

Elliot - Not very good. Ya-min. He hit a few more notes than ace/kellie (1 would suffice), but there were times where he may have been worse. God he missed a hell of a lot of notes, and he looks scarily like yoda.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:29 PM   #360
Easy Mac

dola (as if that matters)
i may stop watching the show if they keep paula on, or don't change what she says. seriously, it was kind of funny at first to see how positive she always was, but now its just fucking insane, and really is pissing me off.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:30 PM   #361
Joe
Pro Starter

I love Stevie Wonder and all, but... a whole night of Stevie? Yeah, that's JUST what this show needs.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:37 PM   #362
Easy Mac

mandissa - sounds very flat. seems to start singing in the middle of the song. still sounds off. maybe the acoustics just suck tonight. at least she's convinced me not to worry about anything. some of this is just painful to listen to. however, its nice to know that if you scream, the crowd has to yell and clap... its like when a squirrel waterskis or something.

1/3 standings:
Mandy
Yamin
Pickles
Gayce
Old 03-14-2006, 07:38 PM   #363
sabotai
General Manager

These one artist theme shows they do are usually by far the worst nights of AI. They're just boring.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:39 PM   #364
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
I love Stevie Wonder and all, but... a whole night of Stevie? Yeah, that's JUST what this show needs.

It's only going to get worse. For the next 3 months.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:39 PM   #365
Easy Mac

suggestion for next year - fred durst theme night.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:42 PM   #366
Ksyrup

I would give anything to hear Kellie sing Nookie.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:49 PM   #367
Easy Mac

Bucky - not really a good performance, kind of karaoke-ish, but it may have been the best sounding of the night. Sad actually.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:49 PM   #368
Ksyrup

What's the world coming to when BUcky gives the best performance of the night so far? Yikes!

Oh, and did I hear right...did he say that Stevie Wonder gave him destructive criticism? LOL!
Old 03-14-2006, 07:51 PM   #369
Easy Mac

what if bucky and kellie had a child? would they even let in public school, or would they just say fuck it, its not worth it.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:57 PM   #370
Easy Mac

melissa - she has forgone any pretense of holding up her boobs, saying this is why you're voting for me america, here they are. she is having/did have voice problems... no shit. its as if her annoying voice couldn't get worse, yet here we are. ok, right now she is starting to sing, so maybe the rest of this paragraph will change. definitely sounds a little sick with the softer notes, or her breasts are constricting her lungs. sounds decent, she actually looks mildly attractive, although her voice gets a little low and raspy for my taste. finishing better and stronger than the beginning.

midway:
Buck
Mel
Man
ET
Kel
Constantine2
Old 03-14-2006, 08:08 PM   #371
Easy Mac

Lisa - Probably the best sounding of the night, but I think that's the problem. She's technically proficient, but that's all she has going for her. She never felt in control of the song even though she sounded ok. The song was carrying her, and it should have been the other way around. She's getting my top spot, still almost by default.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:12 PM   #372
Ksyrup

Excuse me while I go brace for Covais.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:17 PM   #373
Joe
Pro Starter

why does Kevin not understand that they were making fun of him when calling him a sex symbol? What an idiot.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:17 PM   #374
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

He is awful. You can tell Stevie was trying to say something nice about him, but it was hard.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:18 PM   #375
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I was wondering if Kevin was being serious with his sex symbol comments
Old 03-14-2006, 08:20 PM   #376
Easy Mac

evn - for some reason my laptop has ceased havng usable eye or cay buttons. anyway the boy not good at all. currently may murder self. sentences not letters very tough

2/3
l-sa
buc-y
mel-ssa
mand-sa
ell-ot
-elly
ace
-ev-n

-ev-n just -nsulted s-mon... no longer respect that l-ttle bastard. he's too b-g for h-s br-tches.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:23 PM   #377
Ksyrup

I'm actually getting angry about the way Randy and Paula are completing dismissing his utter lack of ability and "idolness." Paula I can understand, and I get the "Kevin is so cute" shtick, but come ON! This is American Idol, not a tryout for Police Academy 12. Comic relief isn't supposed to be your only plus at this point in the competition. It's like AI decided to one-up William Hung and not only show the guy in auditions, but give him a spot in the finals and see how far America would let him go.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-14-2006 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:24 PM   #378
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
evn - for some reason my laptop has ceased havng usable eye or cay buttons. anyway the boy not good at all. currently may murder self. sentences not letters very tough

2/3
l-sa
buc-y
mel-ssa
mand-sa
ell-ot
-elly
ace
-ev-n

-ev-n just -nsulted s-mon... no longer respect that l-ttle bastard. he's too b-g for h-s br-tches.

lol. looks like a jbmagic post
Old 03-14-2006, 08:25 PM   #379
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I am really starting to hate Seacrest for his stupid little comments. But I guess they are good for the ratings

Last edited by LoneStarGirl : 03-14-2006 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:27 PM   #380
Joe
Pro Starter

I hope Seacrest chokes on Ace's dick
Old 03-14-2006, 08:29 PM   #381
Easy Mac

Mcphee - I'll say now I'm biased, because i think i love her. Easily the best sounding of the night. She was a little over the song a few times, but shes just so beautiful. Lisa should see how she controlled the song, that's what I mean. Lisa may have a better voice, but katherine knows how to sing a song. The dress isn't great, but those sweater cows are excellent.... i don't know if i could love her anymore. my american idol.

oh, and magically my keys work again... katherine makes everything work perfectly.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:30 PM   #382
Ksyrup

She does have a better voice than Lisa. Better than any of them. If she can get the performance thing down, she *should* win. But she's made some bad song choices in previous weeks, so that could be her downfall.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:30 PM   #383
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl
I am really starting to hate Seacrest for his stupid little comments. But I guess they are good for the ratings

i actually like seacrest a little more this year, he's more relaxed, better banter. as i type this, katherine has the best "i don't know" in the history of the world. but lance bass? don't go there katherine. and i think i saw James woods in the crowd.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:31 PM   #384
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
I hope Seacrest chokes on Ace's dick

it is steak and bj day, and we both know they don't eat steak.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:32 PM   #385
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
Mcphee - I'll say now I'm biased, because i think i love her. Easily the best sounding of the night. She was a little over the song a few times, but shes just so beautiful. Lisa should see how she controlled the song, that's what I mean. Lisa may have a better voice, but katherine knows how to sing a song. The dress isn't great, but those sweater cows are excellent.... i don't know if i could love her anymore. my american idol.

oh, and magically my keys work again... katherine makes everything work perfectly.

yes YES yes YES yes YES im in love too
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:33 PM   #386
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman
yes YES yes YES yes YES im in love too

i call first.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:35 PM   #387
Easy Mac

pre-taylor thought - if anyone can do a stevie song, its taylor.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:38 PM   #388
Easy Mac

taylor - first thoughts, they made him look kind of old. His voice doesn't sound as good right now, i think the acoustics are off a little, or the hotel tv sucks. taylor sounds pretty good, what i expected. doesn't have the best voice of the competition, but he makes the best use of what he has. katherine has a permanent #1, but taylor is easily #2.

5/6
Mc-Me
Taylor
Lisa
Melissa
Mandisa
Elliot
Bucky
Kellie
Ace
Kevin
Old 03-14-2006, 08:40 PM   #389
MJ4H
Coordinator

Best Taylor I've seen yet. I've always wanted to like him. Tonight I do.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:42 PM   #390
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

hay guys whats going on up in this katharine appreciation thread

(I'm a little behind thanks to TiVo, so I haven't heard her sing yet, but I did see her in the opening, and I'm finally getting a little closer to the Katharine love train)
Old 03-14-2006, 08:44 PM   #391
Easy Mac

Paris - First, don't talk, she may be sick, but its sounds like someone is strangling a kitten. She has a very good voice, but its a church voice. I mean that in the least racist way possible. There are baptist church voices, catholic church voices, black church voices, thats how life is. Doesn't make their voices any worse than a great singers, can still be a great singer, but that doesn't mean they're right for this competition. I went to college with a girl who had a catholic girl voice. Great voice, but outside of the church, it sounds out of place. Paris sounds a bit sick tonight. She screamed a lot of that song, especially the strong notes. Could have been good, but was just average.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:45 PM   #392
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Wow, Simon even liked it. At the beginning of the competition I would have bet Paris to win it all, but as the weeks go on, she is proving that she is just not right for this competition. She is too old school. And i HATE the way she says 'thank you,' like a little baby doll.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:46 PM   #393
Easy Mac

Stop singing Paris, stop, youre annoying the fuck out of me... and i need that for later.

Seacrest is not the american idol.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:46 PM   #394
MJ4H
Coordinator

Paris floored me. That is the first time I've noticed her. Unbelieveably good. Clearly the best tonight so far. Man, some of this show tonight has been unbelieveably good. Simon was right on when he said it is like two shows, the first half was alright and the second half was just outrageously good.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:48 PM   #395
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
She screamed a lot of that song, especially the strong notes.

Quote:
Paris floored me.

You must like screaming.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:50 PM   #396
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

OK, I'm watching Katharine's performance now, and I'm running away from the love train. Sorry, she just doesn't work for me.

Kevin is my heaven.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:51 PM   #397
Easy Mac

it must be the fantasia thing, where when those two sing long, its grating on my ears, like fingernails on a chalkboard for everyone else.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:51 PM   #398
MJ4H
Coordinator

If you thought that was screaming, then you must not have ever heard anyone scream.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:52 PM   #399
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I have a wild crush on Chris. He is by far the cutest bald man I have ever seen
Old 03-14-2006, 08:53 PM   #400
Easy Mac

Chris - If anyone could usurp kelly in just american idol #1 (because his rack isn't nearly as nice), its him. He sounds a little flat tonight. I haven't really liked it. Probably middle of the road.

Final night standings:
Mrs. Easy Mac
Taylor
Lisa
Paris
Melissa
Mandisa
Chris
Elliot
Bucky
Kellie
Ace
Kevin

Kevin or Ace needs to go home now.... now!!!!