Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-14-2006, 08:54 PM   #401
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl
I have a wild crush on Chris. He is by far the cutest bald man I have ever seen

I hear the sound of Cam throwing his mike out the window.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:56 PM   #402
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
He sounds a little flat tonight.

You did say it was Stevie Wonder Night, didn't you? A rocker will always sound flat singing him.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:57 PM   #403
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Apparently none of these people have ever heard the RHCP's version of Higher Ground from what, 1988? I told my wife 2 hours ago the only song he could possibly sing was Higher Ground, and they're acting like he chose this Stevie Wonder song and took a huge risk making it a rock song. It could be a big hit? Uh, guys, that was the RHCP's biggest hit song until Give it Away.

It was good, but he didn't invent this song as a rock song. That was about as obvious a choice for a particular performer as you'll find on this show.

I thought Taylor was great, but I like him anyway.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:59 PM   #404
MJ4H
Coordinator

My rankings for tonight:

Paris
Taylor
Katharine
Chris
Mandissa
Elliott

The rest are irrelevant and just waiting on their turn to go home. Those top 6 are TIGHT though. Lisa could be a spoiler; I definitely recognize she can sing, but she has yet to really grab my attention. If she has a performance like Paris's tonight sometime soon, then she cracks my top 6 in place of Elliott.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:00 PM   #405
Easy Mac

just listened to the rhcp version. chris was pwned by anthony... and i really dont like rhcp.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:28 PM   #406
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

WTF..

Kevin is turning into Ronnie Miller in 'Can't Buy Me Love' and Kellie is the co-star as Cindy Mancini

All we need is for him to bust out into the African Anteater dance.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:23 PM   #407
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
WTF..

Kevin is turning into Ronnie Miller in 'Can't Buy Me Love' and Kellie is the co-star as Cindy Mancini

All we need is for him to bust out into the African Anteater dance.

Oooh! This is a perfect cross-reference to the Welcome Back Kotter thread...

Personally, I think Kevin is turning into Alvin Johnson from Love Don't Cost a Thing and Kellie is the co-star as Paris. :biggrin:
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-14-2006, 10:26 PM   #408
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Kevin needs to go home.

Tonight, Katharine was just incredible (and not just the singing.)

I also thought Taylor was really good tonight.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:31 PM   #409
Ksyrup

Did anyone notice the unintentional comedy when Stevie told Paris (I think) that he could see she had a bright future ahead of her? Talk about the ultimate back-handed compliment.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-14-2006 at 10:32 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:47 PM   #410
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
There are baptist church voices, catholic church voices, black church voices, thats how life is. Doesn't make their voices any worse than a great singers, can still be a great singer, but that doesn't mean they're right for this competition. I went to college with a girl who had a catholic girl voice. Great voice, but outside of the church, it sounds out of place.

could you be a little more detailed...

a catholic church voice?
:rockband:
:sleepyhead::chef:
:lsvader::smooch::wtf::wink::toothless::indifferent::blindfold:
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:46 PM   #411
Rizon
Pro Starter

Anybody got vid caps of Katharine bending over when she was getting compliments? I fell out of the bed when I saw those sperm sponges about to break free. And yes I was naked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.

Last edited by Rizon : 03-14-2006 at 11:46 PM.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:32 AM   #412
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I never really understood the meaning of the term "Master Blaster" until Katharine took the stage today. What a sweet, innocent girl with such a wholesome appearance. She's making a solid run at Melissa Theuriau in the "I'm too old to even think about it any more, but if I could..." department. And someone finally posted links this morning to the Theuriau topless beach photos.

Sorry, can't share the links, though they're well worth a google if you've even caught a half-second of a Theuriau newscast - even if you don't speak a word of French and are still going to Chili's and ordering an Old Fashioned with Freedom Fries.

So, it was Stevie Wonder night on American Idol. Basically, the night everyone dreads, when no one can hold much of a candle to the Elton John of songs that are less likely to reference dead English pseudo-royalty than my reaction to Katharine sashaying around onstage in a clingy and timeless yet somehow trendy summer dress.

On to the ratings, which will be truncated this week because I'm more worried about Katharine's safety from the 10,000,000 or so stalkers she now has on the internet than I am about who stays or goes this week:

1. Katharine McPhee. Score of 88.
2. Chris Daughtry. Score of 83.
3. Taylor Hicks. Score of 81. I thought he had by far his best performance to date.
4. Paris Bennett. Score of 78.
5. Melissa McGhee. Score of 74.
6. Mandisa Hundley. Score of 73.
7. Lisa Tucker. Score of 72. Starting to show signs of trouble outside of her comfort zone.
8. Bucky Covington. Score of 63. He was bearable today, for the first time.
9. Kellie Pickler. Score of 62. That wasn't good at all. At least she didn't pretend she'd never heard of Stevie Wonder, in that cute little voice.
10. Elliott Yamin. Score of 60. I like him, but he is not consistent.
11. Kevin Covais. Score of 40. Why bother?
12. Ace Young. Score of 35. He has gone from a favorite to one with precious little chance. In fact, "precious" is an excellent description of Ace.

Who should go? Kevin.

Who will be bottom three? Kevin, Melissa and Elliott.

Who will go? Melissa. Her McBreasts are McLovely, but there's only room for one McHottie, and McPhee is simply the better singer.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:15 AM   #413
Schmidty
Coordinator

I agree with this one, Jim, although I'd move Taylor and Bucky up one slot and Melissa down one slot.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:21 AM   #414
Schmidty
Coordinator

Oh, by the way, I wish Kelly Pickler and Ace Dipshit were on a bus in Venezuala and got kidnapped. I wondered what they'd get bartered for.

A complete set of Garbage Pail Kids circa 1987? (I miss those days ).

Last edited by Schmidty : 03-15-2006 at 01:21 AM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:20 AM   #415
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
"I'm too old to even think about it any more, but if I could..."

Dear Monsieur Gindin,

Old 03-15-2006, 09:55 AM   #416
Milton
n00b

Just saw a bunch of pics of the French news anchor, including the topless. This woman occupies a category of hotness that has yet to be named. And Kevin sucks.
Milton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:29 AM   #417
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
I have a wild crush on Chris. He is by far the cutest bald man I have ever seen

You've never met me.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:35 AM   #418
GrantDawg

Jim's ratings are right on this week (for a change).
Old 03-15-2006, 12:29 PM   #419
Swaggs
Coordinator

I was impressed by Bucky and Melissa this week. If I heard either of their performances from this week on the radio, I would listen all the way through (which is rare for me with this show).

I still think that Chris, Katherine, and Taylor are the top three by a pretty lengthy margin.

Kevin was a grade-A asshole this week. He sang terribly and then acted like a disrespectful punk afterwards. I hope he goes this week.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:34 PM   #420
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Kevin was a grade-A asshole this week. He sang terribly and then acted like a disrespectful punk afterwards. I hope he goes this week.

Heard something on the morning show this morning that makes sense. The guy was saying that Kevin is mostly voted on by older people who think he's a "nice guy". And prior to getting this far he did seem that way. But giving Simon lip just destroys the whole image. Kevin has been getting a MASSIVE head in the last few weeks. From the "sex symbol" comment to the ass comment this week. Those voters could dry up for him.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:50 PM   #421
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I agree with the Kevin comments. I was never really on his side, but I think his ego is going to cost him votes and help negate his cuteness factor and get him voted off. I hope he is voted off.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:58 PM   #422
Daimyo
College Starter

It was kind of amusing when it seemed like Kevin didn't take himself too seriously. Now that it seems like he actually believes that he's good it's pretty much just pathetic.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:21 PM   #423
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Simon has a lot of control over the show, but as it evolves he has to be careful how he handles his comments and behavior or he risks generating huge number of votes just to piss him off.

It almost seems at times he'll use the entire show just to set up one comment, and I think he decided to go after Kevin last night. He was extra nice about mediocre performances from Lisa and Mandisa, was even pretty positive toward Bucky and tried to give Elliott a boost even though his chances are sinking like a stone.

But he was brutal with Kevin and when Kevin childishly replied, he was careful not to show any emotion one way or the other. He's letting the fans judge Kevin from his last words, and I suspect last night had a devastating effect on Kevin's voters. I really wouldn't be surprised if he went home tonight.

I don't know how long Simon can continue to control the show, but he's a lot smarter than he looks and I believe just about everything he says is carefully chosen to give his favorites a boost. I don't think he likes Kellie Pickler very much at all, and he was probably worried she could win. He's done a great job undermining her support.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:04 PM   #424
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
Simon has a lot of control over the show, but as it evolves he has to be careful how he handles his comments and behavior or he risks generating huge number of votes just to piss him off.

It almost seems at times he'll use the entire show just to set up one comment, and I think he decided to go after Kevin last night. He was extra nice about mediocre performances from Lisa and Mandisa, was even pretty positive toward Bucky and tried to give Elliott a boost even though his chances are sinking like a stone.

But he was brutal with Kevin and when Kevin childishly replied, he was careful not to show any emotion one way or the other. He's letting the fans judge Kevin from his last words, and I suspect last night had a devastating effect on Kevin's voters. I really wouldn't be surprised if he went home tonight.

I don't know how long Simon can continue to control the show, but he's a lot smarter than he looks and I believe just about everything he says is carefully chosen to give his favorites a boost. I don't think he likes Kellie Pickler very much at all, and he was probably worried she could win. He's done a great job undermining her support.

I completely agree with all of this. Simon seems to be very smart and very psychologically minded with his comments.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:09 PM   #425
sabotai
General Manager

One problem I've noticed, though, is whenever someone makes a comeback at Simon, they seem to get a boost in the voting. Yeah, he acted like an asshole, but he acted like an asshole to Simon. Had he said that to Randy or Paula, he'd be gone. EVERYONE would hate him. But he said it to Simon, and that's going to get him votes.

I remember back during season 2 (I think. The one with Clay on it). It was during the round where they used to have I think 6 or 7 people on, and the top 2 advanced to the final 12. He, of course, was one of the two best easily (I think he was in the same group as Ruben, actually). But this one girl, who did a so-so job, went back and forth with Simon for a few seconds after her so-so performance. Ruben and this chick got voted to the next round and Clay was gone. This chick, who had no business being in the top 12, got there because she acted the way Kevin did last night towards Simon.

Of course, the judges brought Clay back along with 2 others that made it far. The chick that went back and forth with Simon was one of the first ones gone.

And that's not the only time I've noticed that either. It almost seems like an automatic advancement if you make a comeback at Simon. There comes a point, though, when you do bad and just can't avoid elimination no matter what your after performance comments are, but, generally I've noticed that saying shit back at Simon gets you votes. Maybe Kevin, knowing that he sucked and has no chance, is just trying to cling on the best way he knows how. Acting like a punk towards Simon.

Last edited by sabotai : 03-15-2006 at 03:10 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:50 PM   #426
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

But when that Brenna girl acted like an ass a couple of weeks ago, she was eliminated... lets hope for that same thing to happen to Kevin.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:53 PM   #427
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Exactly. I think the perception of Simon has changed over the years, and most people realize that he is generally on the money where he was viewed as just cruel in the first two seasons. While striking back at Simon was a very effective strategy in season 1 or 2, I don't think it is as effective now that the show is in season 5.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:54 PM   #428
Danny
Head Coach

Kevin needs a beat down, Im out here in LA, so if I happen to see him, you guys can rest assured he wont be having the same cocky attitude next week.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:46 PM   #429
Thomkal
Head Coach

Please for the love of God, let Kevin be going home tonight.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:06 PM   #430
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

how are they going to make tonight's episode into an hour show? Make everybody sing once again?
Old 03-15-2006, 05:09 PM   #431
Easy Mac

its only 30 mins.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:10 PM   #432
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
how are they going to make tonight's episode into an hour show? Make everybody sing once again?

flashbacks, group singing, and lots of commercials
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:56 PM   #433
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Some here thinks Simon is there just for the giggle factor but he is a talent executive for BMG. He's the only one on the show that should be taken seriously.

Last edited by Buccaneer : 03-15-2006 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:07 PM   #434
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

But every chance he gets Randy likes to spout off all of the 'famous' people he's worked with, like he is a big shot
Old 03-15-2006, 06:24 PM   #435
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
But when that Brenna girl acted like an ass a couple of weeks ago, she was eliminated... lets hope for that same thing to happen to Kevin.

because everyone got to see her act like a bitch to everyone on the show.
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:04 PM   #436
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Just from the way they are sitting on the stage, i think the bottom two will be Ace and Kevin. A win win situation
Old 03-15-2006, 08:04 PM   #437
GrantDawg

Is this first non-finally that Simon has worn something other than the t-shirt?
Old 03-15-2006, 08:16 PM   #438
sabotai
General Manager

Kevin not being in the bottom 3 convinces me that making a comeback at Simon still gets you votes.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:17 PM   #439
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Kevin is safe????? Are you shitting me?
Old 03-15-2006, 08:17 PM   #440
Joe
Pro Starter

YES!!! He only needs to survive one more week and then he's on the idol tour!!
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:17 PM   #441
Easy Mac

someone should buy killkevincorvais.com

oh, and i'm thinking about buying iminlovewithkatharinemcphee.com
Old 03-15-2006, 08:19 PM   #442
Easy Mac

wait, did ryan tell kevin he is safe, or did he just tell ace he is in the bottom 3... big difference.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:20 PM   #443
Joe
Pro Starter

he said kevin is safe
Old 03-15-2006, 08:23 PM   #444
Joe
Pro Starter

mmm Melissa looking good tonight
Old 03-15-2006, 08:24 PM   #445