Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-16-2006, 08:57 PM   #351
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I think the air force is trying to make a point. They are making Illinios sweat, I hope they keep it close throughout the rest of the game.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:00 PM   #352
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

But it really doesn't matter because I have Washington beating Illinois next game anyway
Old 03-16-2006, 09:08 PM   #353
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Does anyone think the committee would ever consider folding the NIT in a few years once the contract with MSG ends and say, expand the NCAA tournament again? I think some would like to give top teams a bye, while making other teams win more games to get to the title..which is frankly, why I think they added the play-in game as an experiment before they add more teams down the road.

Thoughts?
Old 03-16-2006, 09:09 PM   #354
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderingHERD
That was a Maryland team that at the time was not missing their best player. They had 11 wins (including one over BC) and only 4 losses with McCray, with 3 of those losses coming to Duke, Gonzaga, and GW.

As for their SOS, the RPI is a total joke at this point. Shouldn't the goal of a ratings formula be determine which team is better, who would win a game? Take a look at the RPI top 50 and try not to laugh at the notion of it as a predictor.

McFly, I stopped talking about RPI a long time ago...

Their SOS is not their RPi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:10 PM   #355
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
Does anyone think the committee would ever consider folding the NIT in a few years once the contract with MSG ends and say, expand the NCAA tournament again? I think some would like to give top teams a bye, while making other teams win more games to get to the title..which is frankly, why I think they added the play-in game as an experiment before they add more teams down the road.

Thoughts?

I like the fact that their is a seperate Tourney for some reason for teams that cannot realistically compete in the NCAA's but have had solid seasons.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 03-16-2006, 09:11 PM   #356
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Wouldn't it be nice if one of those Chevy's started up and ran right over Kzygkvdvdcski's ass...
Old 03-16-2006, 09:19 PM   #357
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I wish I could be watching the Duke v Southern game. I bet Coach K is shitting himself having a 16 seed hanging in after 6 minutes of play.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:19 PM   #358
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
I like the fact that their is a seperate Tourney for some reason for teams that cannot realistically compete in the NCAA's but have had solid seasons.

Agreed. I like that there is a post-season option for teams that do well. I just wonder what they'll do with it, because...the NCAA only cares about cash and it's obvious that no one cares about the NIT, but they'll need to find a way to make it a revenue generator.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:23 PM   #359
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl
I wish I could be watching the Duke v Southern game. I bet Coach K is shitting himself having a 16 seed hanging in after 6 minutes of play.

pretty much standard the last few years for duke. close through the first half, then they pull away.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:27 PM   #360
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

At least Air Force gave it a good effort. I didn't want them to win, of course.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 03-16-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:32 PM   #361
kingfc22
Head Coach

I hope I don't get stuck watching Duke. I much rather watch either of the 2 other games.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:35 PM   #362
kingfc22
Head Coach

The Illini better not let this game get under 8.5 pts.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:37 PM   #363
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Woo...c'mon Aggies!
Old 03-16-2006, 09:44 PM   #364
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

noooo bad aggies. Mcnamara needs to start playing like he means it.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:48 PM   #365
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

A&M 33, Syracuse 24 at the Break..

Not too surprised by this.. SU may be out of gas. This happens sometimes when bubble teams have to win so many games in a row just to be a part of this.

Is A&M actually creating a Hoops Program in College Station? The former UTEP Coach (Gillespie) is a good one.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:49 PM   #366
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
The Illini better not let this game get under 8.5 pts.

How much do you lose?
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:50 PM   #367
wade moore
lolzcat

Or as I told Chubby earlier today, a guy can only carry an entire team on his back for so many games in a row.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 09:52 PM   #368
wade moore
lolzcat

Southern is playing like a #16 with a ton of heart that will play a #1 tight for 25-30 minutes and then just run out of gas/depth.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 10:07 PM   #369
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

If San Diego State and A&M can pull of the double upsets...I'll be sitting pretty on one of my brackets. But I'll settle for just one of them to pull out the win in the end.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 03-16-2006 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:25 PM   #370
Tigercat
College Starter

As a LSU fan, a Syracuse loss would make me very happy. I would much rather play A&M and man up our big guys against theres then have to contend with Syracuse's zone. Unless we play really flat for 40 minutes against A&M, we should be able to handle them and head into the Sweet 16.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 10:28 PM   #371
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Didn't someone tell Southern they're supposed to be down by 50 by now? They won't win, but gee..it'd be cool if they did.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 03-16-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:29 PM   #372
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
Didn't someone tell Southern they're supposed to be down by 50 by now? They won't win, but gee..it'd be cool if they did.

I'm telling you, I give them a max of 5 more minutes...

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 10:33 PM   #373
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

That Bud Light speeding dating commercial is funny.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:35 PM   #374
wade moore
lolzcat

Ok, see, it's started in the last minute or so and should be in full force by the time there is 10:00 left in the game.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 10:50 PM   #375
wade moore
lolzcat

despite some good 3's by Southern, what I've said seems to be happening.. they're just too tired on defense..

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 10:51 PM   #376
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

It's clear to me that the Aggies are a well-coached team. Looks like they might not give this one away after all. Good stuff.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:51 PM   #377
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
UCLA beat Belmont pretty badl. When UCLA was down 18-12, they went on a 34-10 run

That Belmont is a really small school. I mean, I guess I get what the exposure does for them on this stage. But seriously, that's sorta nuts that D-1 basketball is so saturated with teams. 300+ I mean, seriously...
Old 03-16-2006, 10:52 PM   #378
MrBug708
Head Coach

UCLA beat Belmont pretty badl. When UCLA was down 18-12, they went on a 34-10 run
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 10:53 PM   #379
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Once again, this is BS. Just like the GW game, when they cut to it far too late, I'm still watching a 14-point Duke win when TX A&M and Syracuse are in a tight game with 2 minutes left. I think CBS is purposely doing this shit to make people want to buy the pay-per-view package. Southern was a nice story and all, but at this point, they're done. And even if they start to come back, the Syracuse game will probably be over by the time the Duke game gets down to the wire, so they could switch us back with no problem.

Not enough switching back and forth between games...is a chick in charge of CBS production? Somone get the remote in the hands of a man!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 10:54 PM   #380
wade moore
lolzcat

Ksyrup,

This time i'm in the same boat of just watching the A&M score at the top.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 10:56 PM   #381
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup

Not enough switching back and forth between games...is a chick in charge of CBS production? Somone get the remote in the hands of a man!

Weird. On the West Coast they are switching between 3 games for us. It's fun to watch.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 10:57 PM   #382
Ksyrup

OK, so A&M is pulling away, by this time I'd have switched to the Indiana game. This is so frustrating. Duke is now up by 17. I realize I'm in ACC country, but I'm also in football country, and Duke is our homecoming patsy. We want to see close finishes, not a football doormat finish off an easy win.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-16-2006 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:57 PM   #383
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Weird. On the West Coast they are switching between 3 games for us. It's fun to watch.

I've gotten the definite impression that it's at least somewhat locally controlled... if you're in Big East, or ACC, or whatever country.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 11:00 PM   #384
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

In Mississippi they are primarily showing A&M and Syracuse but every chance they get are going to Duke. Although I would rather see Indiana and San Diego
Old 03-16-2006, 11:01 PM   #385
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Right as I typed that it switched over to the Indiana/SD game. I am psychic
Old 03-16-2006, 11:01 PM   #386
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
I've gotten the definite impression that it's at least somewhat locally controlled... if you're in Big East, or ACC, or whatever country.

I'm starting to think the same thing. In the south, it must have been the decision to stick with UF this afternoon and Duke tonight, no matter what. Because there's no logical explanation for this. And in year's past, they've done a far better job of switching out of boring blowouts. This is a travesty.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:04 PM   #387
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts

Yea, but they are mainly focusing on UW/UTST
Old 03-16-2006, 11:06 PM   #388
Ksyrup

I suppose the next thing that's going to happen is they go off the air after the Duke game ends rather than switch to the latest game going, right? I swear that never happened in year's past. Maybe I'm just remembering things wrong.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:09 PM   #389
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Indiana down 5 with less then 3 to play..
Old 03-16-2006, 11:09 PM   #390
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Yea, but they are mainly focusing on UW/UTST

Yeah, I suppose it was halftime when I was getting all 3 games. But now I'm watching the SDSU/IND game. Not sure whether SDSU is playing real well or IND is playing like crap.

Last edited by Fouts : 03-16-2006 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:13 PM   #391
Celeval
Pro Starter

Definately letting them play in the Indiana-SDSU game. Touchy refs could have called something each of the last three possessions...
Old 03-16-2006, 11:13 PM   #392
Ksyrup

They literally switched to the Indiana game for 10 second to show a guy preparing to shoot a free throw, then went back to Duke after a timeout. They couldn't cut away from a 19-point lead with under a minute left! Words can't express what a joke this is. At least they've now got no excuse to keep me away from a decent finish.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:16 PM   #393
Celeval
Pro Starter

What the heck was that? Was the SDSU player expecting it to be downed like a punt??
Old 03-16-2006, 11:18 PM   #394
Fouts
College Starter

Crazy play. SDSU guard got the ball knocked away into the backcourt, but wouldn't pick it up (thinking he would get backcourt call on him I suppose).
Old 03-16-2006, 11:20 PM   #395
Ksyrup

Hit a 2 so we get OT.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:23 PM   #396
Mr. Sparkle
High School JV

That was a horrible out of bounds play. Horrible.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:23 PM   #397
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Crap, Indiana is gonna cause me to lose one of my Sweet 16 surprises
Old 03-16-2006, 11:24 PM   #398
Celeval
Pro Starter

SDSU just couldn't hang on there - cracked. Three chances to ice it/keep it with under about 30s to go, and couldn't hang on.

Ah well. Looking like 11-5 after one day, losing 2 Sweet Sixteen picks.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:25 PM   #399
Fouts
College Starter

Another case of a team choking on a last possession. SDSU and NC-Wilmington.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:28 PM   #400
Ksyrup

Here comes the sign off. Unbelievable. There's a game going on!