Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-30-2006, 06:35 PM   #451
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
BOA?

SI

Battle of Alberta...he's already calling both first round series involving the Flames and Oilers.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 04-30-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:41 PM   #452
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Miller played well in the shutout win, one more game the the Philly Pylons can go play some golf
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 07:03 PM   #453
Milton
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
The last two times the Devils swept a team in the playoffs, they won the Cup.

That 4th banner sure will look nice.

And the NHL pulls its hair out as the team with the smallest, most disloyal, dispassionate fan base in North American sports bores the shit out of the few hockey fans left in America.
Milton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 07:22 PM   #454
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
Battle of Alberta...he's already calling both first round series involving the Flames and Oilers.
If I'm reading it right, we're going to get either EDM/CAL or DET/COL in round two, yes?
Old 04-30-2006, 09:57 PM   #455
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum

No! I'm just saying things are shaping up for it. Both teams could easily lose in 7.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:00 PM   #456
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
If I'm reading it right, we're going to get either EDM/CAL or DET/COL in round two, yes?

Yes.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:33 PM   #457
kingfc22
Head Coach

Sharks took care of business.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:52 PM   #458
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Hey, I'm all for a BOA. It'd mean the Canes would hold the home ice in the Finals (yeah, yeah, there's the Canadiens, Devils, and Senators to deal with before then, but I can dream for a moment).
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:46 AM   #459
Booj
High School JV

If Montreal could only score on Ward, maybe they'd win a game...

Honestly, two bad penalties last night, two power play goals for Carolina and they couldn't get the equalizer. If Montreal stayed out of the penalty box this series, it wouldn't be as close as it is.

I will say, though, that whoever wins Game six will win the series... that's as far as I'll go with a prediction now. It is frustrating as a Canadiens fan though because they aren't playing badly... just Carolina (read:Ward) is playing so damn good. Huet is more than holding his own in nets, but the forwards neeeeed to score.

If Ribeiro had some finish, the series would have Montreal leading, but he's missed more nets than... I have no idea, but he misses the net a lot on perfect passes by Kovalev that I could probably put in the net.

Montreal NEEDS the first goal, and need it early in order to have any chance in Game six because they need to get a lead and need to get Ward shaken up early... the more a young goalie has a shutout, the more confidence he gets...
Booj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:18 AM   #460
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

man, what a game.
I was tense, sitting on the edge of my seat from about midway throught the second until the end. maybe that's the one bad thing about tivo - being able to fast forward throught he commercials and intermissions, meant that I had no break to destress a bit. when Sakic scored with .4 seconds left in the 2nd, I let out a huge yell...scaring the crap out of the cat in Christine's lap. she now has a "lower body injury" and is day to day.

great game. I really felt the 2nd period was the key. If we could get out tied, we'd be ok...and having the lead was just icing on the cake. Dallas may have owned the 2nd periods...but Colorado outscored Dallas 7-1 in the 3rd and OT periods, which is why this one's over.

Theodore has looked shaky at times, but improved dramatically after the 2 soft goals in game 4, and last night looked awsome. 85 saves in the last 2 games, a .944 clip. I don't know who we'll face in the next round, and I still don't have any delusions of grandeur, but I feel a little better about at least being competitive.

This is the 2nd straight playoff series against Dallas where the Stars played below expectations. The Stars' stars, if you will, just weren't very consistent. All had some flashes, but didn't have enough impact overall.

If I was starting a hockey team today, my first choice for goalie would be Brodeur. My 2nd would be Turco. Sucks to see him get this bad rep.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:19 AM   #461
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
I let out a huge yell...scaring the crap out of the cat in Christine's lap. she now has a "lower body injury" and is day to day.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:25 AM   #462
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors

don't worry, dude - the leg. it was the leg.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:43 AM   #463
bob
College Starter

Anyone think that the Red Wings will win tonight?
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:10 AM   #464
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
Anyone think that the Red Wings will win tonight?

*raises hand*
Old 05-01-2006, 08:17 AM   #465
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Random topic for discussion, since I'm a Leaf fan and don't have much to occupy me these days.

It seems clear that the turning point in the CAR/MON series was the Koivu injury. I think we'd all agree that the high stick was an accident -- there's simply no way Williams was trying to hurt him. But he did hurt him, and he hurt him by being extremely careless with this stick.

Question -- should the NHL consider suspensions in these cases? If a player is reckless, and causes a serious injury to another player, should the league look at a suspension of some sort? Or should "it was an accident" just be an absolute defense, as it seems to be now?
Old 05-01-2006, 09:36 AM   #466
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I think the NHL should at least consider fines, if not suspensions, for a situation such as the Koivu injury. I only saw the play one time, and I don't remember it that well, but if Williams was being careless with the stick, he should be punished.

Accidents are going to happen out there, but a hockey stick is a dangerous piece of equipment, and if you're not handling it properly with other players around, something has to be done. I don't really know what a fair punishment would be, but they can't keep letting this slide. My immediate suggestion would be a one-game suspension, although that could naturally be increased if the incident is severe.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:47 AM   #467
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Keys To Game 6: Detroit v. Edmonton

I think they are pretty simple:

1) Manny has to outplay Roloson. He hasn't done this so far to date. Manny has been "Ok." Not horrible, but not great. I don't think we need him to "steal" one for us, but he has to play better than Roloson. No soft goals. With the ways things have been going for the Wings, they aren't likely to overcome too much of a deficit.

2) The Wings have to take care of business around their own net. The Oilers have dominated in, say, a 10-15 foot radius area around the Wings' net. Be it behind or in front, the Wings have not been able to handle the Oilers' forwards there. They are getting in the way of shots, making deflections, causing traffic, stuffing in rebounds. This has to stop. Maybe inserting Cross in the line-up will help, maybe not.

3) The Wings have to take care of business around the Oilers' net and do so early. They can't allow to happen on Saturday to happen tonight. They can't buzz around the net, get a bunch of decent chances, and not score. Outside of a few minutes in Game 1 and the last 8 minutes or so of Game 4, the Wings have never had the lead in this series. They have to get a lead and hope to take the crowd out of the game. Easier said then done, but there you have it.

4) Someone has to step up. Other than Schneider and Zetterberg, and to some extent Lang, the Wings have been pretty dreadful offensively. Datsyuk has gone 26 games without scoring a playoff goal. Williams' only goal was that flukey behind the net thing. Samuelsson has been pretty miserable. Shanahan had the nice goal on Saturday, but other than that he's been no better than Samuelsson. Lidstrom has been very average. It's been quite apparent given the play of Pronger. The team had eight 20 goal scorers. They can and must do better.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:00 PM   #468
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

hooray for Detroit having to deal with the Oil instead of us. They are a bitch to play against.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:15 PM   #469
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Keys To Game 6: Detroit v. Edmonton

I think they are pretty simple:

1) Manny has to outplay Roloson. He hasn't done this so far to date. Manny has been "Ok." Not horrible, but not great. I don't think we need him to "steal" one for us, but he has to play better than Roloson. No soft goals. With the ways things have been going for the Wings, they aren't likely to overcome too much of a deficit.

2) The Wings have to take care of business around their own net. The Oilers have dominated in, say, a 10-15 foot radius area around the Wings' net. Be it behind or in front, the Wings have not been able to handle the Oilers' forwards there. They are getting in the way of shots, making deflections, causing traffic, stuffing in rebounds. This has to stop. Maybe inserting Cross in the line-up will help, maybe not.

3) The Wings have to take care of business around the Oilers' net and do so early. They can't allow to happen on Saturday to happen tonight. They can't buzz around the net, get a bunch of decent chances, and not score. Outside of a few minutes in Game 1 and the last 8 minutes or so of Game 4, the Wings have never had the lead in this series. They have to get a lead and hope to take the crowd out of the game. Easier said then done, but there you have it.

4) Someone has to step up. Other than Schneider and Zetterberg, and to some extent Lang, the Wings have been pretty dreadful offensively. Datsyuk has gone 26 games without scoring a playoff goal. Williams' only goal was that flukey behind the net thing. Samuelsson has been pretty miserable. Shanahan had the nice goal on Saturday, but other than that he's been no better than Samuelsson. Lidstrom has been very average. It's been quite apparent given the play of Pronger. The team had eight 20 goal scorers. They can and must do better.

I think you've mostly hit the nail on the head. The one thing that has stuck out in my mind, aside from the obvious lack of offensive production from most of the key players, has been the sloppiness in their own end and to some extent in the neutral zone as well. Way too many passes getting intercepted, too many sloppy attempts to clear.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:55 PM   #470
caspanky
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Sharks took care of business.

Yes they did

Now, was it just me, or did that ice in Nashville seems really bad? Everyone was having trouble controlling the puck, even when skating by themselves in the open.
caspanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:01 PM   #471
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice4277
I think you've mostly hit the nail on the head. The one thing that has stuck out in my mind, aside from the obvious lack of offensive production from most of the key players, has been the sloppiness in their own end and to some extent in the neutral zone as well. Way too many passes getting intercepted, too many sloppy attempts to clear.

Yes. This has been a huge problem. A lot has to do with how well Edmonton's been playing, but a lot of it seems to be the result of sloppiness.

That's why I go back and forth on the the Cory Cross isssue. While Cross, in theory, should be able to take care of business in front of his own net (more so than Lebda/Kronwall). Perhaps Cross would fair better. The problem with Cross is two fold. First, he's a bit slow footed, which makes him a penalty waiting to happen. Edmonton can use their speed to get around the big guy on dumps and the like. Second, Cross is a bit of a liability offensively. As you noted, the Wings have had plenty of problems getting the puck out of their own zone and that's with the likes of "offensive" d-men like Lebda and Kronwall on D. Then again, perhaps a simpler approach to clearing the zone (which I assume Cross would adopt) might work better than some of the cutsie passes we've seen.

All that beind said, if the Wings are relying on the addition of Cory Cross to reverse their fortunes, they are in worse shape than I thought.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 05-01-2006, 01:37 PM   #472
Vince
Pro Starter

NHL Playoffs are not in a bracket-style format, are they? Just trying to figure out who the Sharks get next. Seems like it'll either be Colorado, Anaheim or Calgary -- and we'd get home ice against everyone but Calgary.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:57 PM   #473
Simms
FOBL Commish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
NHL Playoffs are not in a bracket-style format, are they?

Nope...they re-seed after each round.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:59 PM   #474
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
NHL Playoffs are not in a bracket-style format, are they? Just trying to figure out who the Sharks get next. Seems like it'll either be Colorado, Anaheim or Calgary -- and we'd get home ice against everyone but Calgary.

right. they stick to seeds.

highest remaining seed will always play lowest remaining seed.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:07 PM   #475
Vince
Pro Starter

I guess we could play Edmonton too, if ALL the lower seeds manage to upset. That would be interesting.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:12 PM   #476
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:

still wide open. I think the only team Colorado can't play in the next round is Calgary.
If Detroit wins, it's pretty easy - Colorado plays Detroit and San Jose plays either the Ducks or the Flames. If Edmonton wins...chaos.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:24 PM   #477
Vince
Pro Starter

I would love to see chaos

I am really enjoying the fact that no matter what, we don't have to face Detroit in round two.

Last edited by Vince : 05-01-2006 at 02:28 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:16 PM   #478
Travis
Pro Rookie

Please Detroit, put in Cross, pretty please!

That guy was such a disaster here this year, and with how he and the fans parted ways, well, I'd expect a penalty or two just based on him trying to play outside of himself early on. You'd be much better served likely to insert him while in Detroit to remove the whole anger issue he has about how he was treated here.

As for the game tonight, I firmly believe that if Edmonton does not get into penalty trouble that they win tonight. If they continue to take stupid and/or lazy penalties, the Wings are going to cakewalk it right back to Detroit. The Oil have to use their speed and make the Wings react to them rather than the other way around. And please, somebody post the memo on the board about not putting your stick to an opposing players waist!

I just pray that if we can pull this off that tonight will be the last we'll see the Oilers play the trap. Not likely, but I can dream.

Oh, and Chelios, if the Oilers are up by 2+ late in the game, keep your head up buddy, you've got an entire series worth of karma coming your way (again, I hope).
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:28 PM   #479
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
Please Detroit, put in Cross, pretty please!

That guy was such a disaster here this year, and with how he and the fans parted ways, well, I'd expect a penalty or two just based on him trying to play outside of himself early on. You'd be much better served likely to insert him while in Detroit to remove the whole anger issue he has about how he was treated here.

As for the game tonight, I firmly believe that if Edmonton does not get into penalty trouble that they win tonight. If they continue to take stupid and/or lazy penalties, the Wings are going to cakewalk it right back to Detroit. The Oil have to use their speed and make the Wings react to them rather than the other way around. And please, somebody post the memo on the board about not putting your stick to an opposing players waist!

I just pray that if we can pull this off that tonight will be the last we'll see the Oilers play the trap. Not likely, but I can dream.

Oh, and Chelios, if the Oilers are up by 2+ late in the game, keep your head up buddy, you've got an entire series worth of karma coming your way (again, I hope).

I don't disagree with any of this. Well, except two points.

1) I am not as big a critic of Edmonton using the trap as most Oilers fans are. The Wings' used that Left-Wing Lock system to great success. While it's more fun to watch open, run 'n gun hockey, if you can win by implementing the trap, the press, the Finish Center-Back Forecheck Reverse, or whatever, by all means, do it.

2) Chelios has been a rock! He's been one of the Wings best players. While he has drawn a few rather questionable penalties due to his excellent acting abilities and crafty veteraness, what else has he done? Why do the people of Edmonton hate him so? Don't mention that Hemsky thing. That little baby-faced kid was flying in for the big hit and Chelios just politely got out of his way. That's it!
Old 05-01-2006, 04:38 PM   #480
Travis
Pro Rookie

When Chelios came out after game one and admitted that he essentially created the call against Laraque, then to see the refs still calling penalty after penalty against the Oilers (while Chelios continues to at the very best, embelish plays) just sickens me. The play with Hemsky, well, I feel pretty confident saying that I somehow doubt Ales was looking for the big hit It's one thing to put your stick into the guys legs, but then to throw the shoulder in the danger zone, well, an aging veteran (nicest thing I can think to call him) could have ended a potentialy stellar career with that move. The sad part is that nobody on the Oilers will go after him because they haven't done it at all this season because MacT would rather bench Laraque then take an instigator earlier in the year to set a tone for this club. At the best you get Smith or Moreau coming in for a scrum afterwards and that's it.

As for the trap, I've stood by hating it the entire series. Our best play has come when we're not playing the trap, and if it wasn't for the fact that Roloson's game has rounded into form, this "system" wouldn't be working. The only caveat to this is that if MacT implemented this system because he doesn't trust his 4 lines to give him 60 minutes of work every night and figured they'd be better off coasting/trapping as a group rather than whenver they feel like it, then all going 110% (hopefully) when he tells them to. With this trap, they've caused very few turnovers, and if anything have taken away their own scoring chances by refusing to forecheck even when Detroit hasn't had full control of the puck. When they have decided to play a press forecheck is when they've made turnovers and potted a surprising number of their chances. If anything, that is the one area they've improved on thus far and what has gotten them to this point. During the season they never capitalized on as many chances as they are right now.

That all said, I feel it only fair to state that my all time favorite player is Yzerman, and I fear that his will alone will carry the Wings to a win tonight as I just can't fathom him sitting this one out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
I don't disagree with any of this. Well, except two points.

1) I am not as big a critic of Edmonton using the trap as most Oilers fans are. The Wings' used that Left-Wing Lock system to great success. While it's more fun to watch open, run 'n gun hockey, if you can win by implementing the trap, the press, the Finish Center-Back Forecheck Reverse, or whatever, by all means, do it.

2) Chelios has been a rock! He's been one of the Wings best players. While he has drawn a few rather questionable penalties due to his excellent acting abilities and crafty veteraness, what else has he done? Why do the people of Edmonton hate him so? Don't mention that Hemsky thing. That little baby-faced kid was flying in for the big hit and Chelios just politely got out of his way. That's it!
Old 05-01-2006, 04:47 PM   #481
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
When Chelios came out after game one and admitted that he essentially created the call against Laraque, then to see the refs still calling penalty after penalty against the Oilers (while Chelios continues to at the very best, embelish plays) just sickens me.

Like Jarret Stoll on that 5 on 3 non-call on Lidstrom?

Quote:
The play with Hemsky, well, I feel pretty confident saying that I somehow doubt Ales was looking for the big hit It's one thing to put your stick into the guys legs, but then to throw the shoulder in the danger zone, well, an aging veteran (nicest thing I can think to call him) could have ended a potentialy stellar career with that move.

Chelios is 44! He's an old man. That kid was trying to kill him out there. I don't care if his name is "Ales" or if he looks all of "14." He's an animal.

Quote:
As for the trap, I've stood by hating it the entire series. Our best play has come when we're not playing the trap, and if it wasn't for the fact that Roloson's game has rounded into form, this "system" wouldn't be working. The only caveat to this is that if MacT implemented this system because he doesn't trust his 4 lines to give him 60 minutes of work every night and figured they'd be better off coasting/trapping as a group rather than whenver they feel like it, then all going 110% (hopefully) when he tells them to. With this trap, they've caused very few turnovers, and if anything have taken away their own scoring chances by refusing to forecheck even when Detroit hasn't had full control of the puck. When they have decided to play a press forecheck is when they've made turnovers and potted a surprising number of their chances. If anything, that is the one area they've improved on thus far and what has gotten them to this point.

You're not wrong. The Oilers have been at their best when forechecking hard. Though, the trap worked to perfection in the 3rd period on Saturday. It was a dull, completely forgetable period of hockey. That's what happens when the system is working and you have a 2 goal lead.

Quote:
During the season they never capitalized on as many chances as they are right now.

That was the knock against the Oilers all season long. Not being able to finish around the net. That's what's so surprising. It's not like Edmonton's skilled players are doing their job. Other than trying to kill a senior citizen, what else has Hemsky done? What about Samsonov? Smyth has been a force, as has Pronger. The rest of the damage is coming from the likes of Pisani, Torres, Winchester, etc. The Wings "equivalents" - Williams, Samuelsson, etc. - aren't getting it done.

Quote:
That all said, I feel it only fair to state that my all time favorite player is Yzerman, and I fear that his will alone will carry the Wings to a win tonight as I just can't fathom him sitting this one out.

You are a wise man. Let's hope you are right.

I wont say good luck and I don't expect you too either.

Enjoy!
Old 05-01-2006, 05:08 PM   #482
Travis
Pro Rookie

To finish my thoughts on Chelios, let's just say that while I expect veteran's to get some leeway with the officials, I think he's one that generally takes it a step too far. Admitting to it after game one and the play on Hemsky go beyond the line, and that's probably somewhat shaded by the fact that Hemsky is my favorite Oiler, but if that had ended his postseason (let alone his career) I wonder if that's the sort of note that Chelios wants to go out on, or if he really cares.

Stoll, well, he shouldn't have gone for the dance. Either the refs call it or they don't at that point, down 5 on 3 you shouldn't waste time trying to draw a call. Pronger is about the only guy on the team that can embellish a play and hope for the call from the official. I'm sure Blade would agree that this even raises my ire as I don't like to see our players doing that (and Pronger has been his favorite player for years, so he loves it when I get mad at Pronger's acting). The only positive there is that Pronger tends to have a good sense for when it's needed and when it's not.

I had a little chuckle though when you're listing our skilled group. If that bloody Torres would come to play game in and game out, he'd have been a 40 goal scorer this year. Was easily the second most skilled guy up front until Samsonov got here, and while Samsonov and Hemsky I think are at their best on the PP, Torres can be an absolute beast 5 on 5. But as you say, thank goodness for guys like Pisani and Winchester because they've carried this team while Smyth's early struggles had him as ineffective and while Hemsky and Samsonov have only been noticeable on the PP.

Ah well, done my rant. Should be a great game tonight. Double OT+ would not surprise me in the least, so good thing it's an early start time.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:35 PM   #483
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

At least there's one Red Wing that can still score
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:13 PM   #484
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

This game has ramped up in intensity at least five-fold in the last 3 minutes.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:19 PM   #485
Galaxy
Coordinator

WOW!
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:27 PM   #486
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

This has to be my favorite game so far in the playoffs. It needs to be one of the good 2 or 3 OT games (and end with a Detroit loss)

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 05-01-2006 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:33 PM   #487
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Oops- Lidstrom pushed it in.

SI

Old 05-01-2006, 09:36 PM   #488
Galaxy
Coordinator

Goal....

Who had the high-sticking?
Old 05-01-2006, 09:40 PM   #489
Travis
Pro Rookie

This is way too hard on the nerves :|
Old 05-01-2006, 09:42 PM   #490
DeToxRox
Head Coach

While I want to see the best possible cup (I say Flames/Sabres), that was a bad call.

it was a kicking motion .. but not even that.. Horcoff batted the puck out of the air with a high stick to Hemsky thus it should've been a dead play.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:42 PM   #491
DeToxRox
Head Coach

That said stupid penalty to get us to the PP.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:44 PM   #492
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
it was a kicking motion

He whiffed on that kick initially but then he got slammed into the net and the puck came with him. I just don't see the kick being a "bad call".

SI

Old 05-01-2006, 09:46 PM   #493
Hurst2112
College Starter

good night my wings...

good bye manny
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:47 PM   #494
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
While I want to see the best possible cup (I say Flames/Sabres), that was a bad call.

it was a kicking motion .. but not even that.. Horcoff batted the puck out of the air with a high stick to Hemsky thus it should've been a dead play.

It's wasn't a kicking motion, his leg got lifted and pushed into the net. As for the high sticking, it was a non-high sticking.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:49 PM   #495
DeToxRox
Head Coach

The Oilers played an awesome series. As I've always said; I'm an NHL fan first. I think the Oilers deserved this a hell of a lot more. I think this will make the NHL Playoffs a lot more interesting, and a lot better.

Kudos Oilers, I loved the intensity of the team and their fans.

Should be a fun second round.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:50 PM   #496
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy
It's wasn't a kicking motion, his leg got lifted and pushed into the net. As for the high sticking, it was a non-high sticking.

No it was a high sticking. He was above the cross bar, played the puck to a teammate without someone else touching the puck first. Thats high sticking.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:51 PM   #497
Galaxy
Coordinator

Plus, remember, it has to be conclusive to overturn it.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:51 PM   #498
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Wow.

Just wow.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:52 PM   #499
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
The Oilers played an awesome series. As I've always said; I'm an NHL fan first. I think the Oilers deserved this a hell of a lot more. I think this will make the NHL Playoffs a lot more interesting, and a lot better.

Kudos Oilers, I loved the intensity of the team and their fans.

Should be a fun second round.

Oilers DESERVED to win the series. 4 goals in 20 minutes, in a must win.

Steve is gone, as is the bullshit blue line theory the Wings have had. Lagace is going to be the goat in all of this. It was a great ride..the last 8 years.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:55 PM   #500
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
No it was a high sticking. He was above the cross bar, played the puck to a teammate without someone else touching the puck first. Thats high sticking.

I didn't think it was above the crossbar.

Last edited by Galaxy : 05-01-2006 at 09:58 PM.