Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-22-2006, 07:57 PM   #151
Booj
High School JV

4-1 Habs after 2 in Carolina... Gerber looks like the baby food, while Huet looks veery good after getting beat 50 seconds into the game on a veery bad goal...

Looks promising, but it's only 1 game... but Montreal needed this game to prove they CAN beat Carolina afterall...

One interesting note from the season-series against Carolina...

-- Andrei Markov (Montreal's best defenceman, by far) missed 15 games this season... Montreal was 3-12 in those games, three of which were against Carolina... the one game he played in was a 5-3 games where Montreal gave up 2 goals late in the game.
Booj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 08:04 PM   #152
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

The Devils and Rangers keep moving in their respective directions....
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 08:34 PM   #153
bbor
Pro Starter

I hate the fact that Montreal is winning.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 08:47 PM   #154
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
The Devils and Rangers keep moving in their respective directions....

I'm not one to blame the refs or anything, but today was ridiculous. Penalty after penalty called...some were surely deserving, but many were touchy grabs that shouldn't have been called. Completely killed the flow of the game. 16 penalties for 43 minutes of PP time for NJ. I believe there were 4 even strength minutes during the 2nd period.

Last edited by Logan : 04-22-2006 at 08:47 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 08:52 PM   #155
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Didn't see the game (I got the Stars/Avs) but

ATTN: Rangers

You gave up 5 powerplay goals. Stop taking penalties, k, thx.

Plus Jagr now has an "upper body" injury.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 09:07 PM   #156
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Buffalo would have put this game away a long time ago if not for Robert Esche
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 09:08 PM   #157
Galaxy
Coordinator

Come on Sabres!
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 09:09 PM   #158
Galaxy
Coordinator

WOW! What a hit!
Old 04-22-2006, 09:11 PM   #159
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy
WOW! What a hit!

Yah if you consider he left his feet
Old 04-22-2006, 09:11 PM   #160
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
WOW! What a hit!

OLN had the quickest zoom in. It was like before he hit the ice, the camera zoomed in to his facial expression.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 09:12 PM   #161
Galaxy
Coordinator

Was a clean hit, wasn't it?
Old 04-22-2006, 09:13 PM   #162
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Was a clean hit, wasn't it?

I am not sure but I am bias. But i hope that guy keeps his head up because there will be people after his head.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:14 PM   #163
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Clean hit
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 09:14 PM   #164
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16
I am not sure but I am bias. But i hope that guy keeps his head up because there will be people after his head.

I agree...It just kick up the series' intensity a notch or two. But I'm not sure on what is consider what is a clean and penalized hit in open ice.

Last edited by Galaxy : 04-22-2006 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:14 PM   #165
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Put that on the defensemen making a suicide pass on a breakout.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:18 PM   #166
Galaxy
Coordinator

What a game.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:30 PM   #167
Galaxy
Coordinator

Going to Double OT...

Incredible goaltending by both Esche and Miller.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:42 PM   #168
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Clean hit.

Scott Stevens-esque.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:57 PM   #169
Galaxy
Coordinator

GOAL!
Old 04-22-2006, 10:07 PM   #170
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

that hit was cleaner than most you'll see in the NHL. amazing camera work as well. almost makes up for the two dipshits in the booth.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:15 PM   #171
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
that hit was cleaner than most you'll see in the NHL. amazing camera work as well. almost makes up for the two dipshits in the booth.

Thankfully, I get the local broadcast team of the Sabres, and the option of the CBC crew.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:20 PM   #172
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I muted the TV...i dont know what was worse, getting home in time to have the National guys root for Buffalo or being stuck in the car listening to the baffoons from Buffalo on the radio. I'm sorry but that Sabers' pbp guy is the worst in the league.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:22 PM   #173
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
I muted the TV...i dont know what was worse, getting home in time to have the National guys root for Buffalo or being stuck in the car listening to the baffoons from Buffalo on the radio. I'm sorry but that Sabers' pbp guy is the worst in the league.
I love the Sabres pbp guy.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:23 PM   #174
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I love the Sabres pbp guy.

I can understand that you do but for someone in the car trying to follow the game he doesnt exactly make it easy.

I have NHL Centre Ice and only once have I gotten the regular Flyers announcers so I am use to listening to the away teams guys. I understand they are all homers in their own way but the Buffalo guy just drives me nuts, a close 2nd is the guy from Tampa.

Last edited by Dr. Sak : 04-22-2006 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:26 PM   #175
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
I can understand that you do but for someone in the car trying to follow the game he doesnt exactly make it easy.
True, He isn't cut out to be a radio guy. But I've never listen to hockey on the radio in general to be honest.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:29 PM   #176
bbor
Pro Starter

Rick Generet(sp?)

LALALALALALALALALAfontaineeeeeee

MAY DAY! MAYDAY! MAY DAY!

2 of the best hockey call EVA!

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:34 PM   #177
Karim
College Starter

Devastating but clean hit by Campbell. His feet left the ice after the hit. Good to see Buffalo pull this one out.

What's up with Dallas? I didn't see that coming.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 10:42 PM   #178
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim
Devastating but clean hit by Campbell. His feet left the ice after the hit. Good to see Buffalo pull this one out.

What's up with Dallas? I didn't see that coming.

Ummm...doesnt matter if it was before or after the hit but if he left his feet even following through with the hit that is under the definition of charging that I just read. That being said the hit was clean, I just feel terrible for RJ. I got to meet him during the Olympic break and he was such a nice young man. He was the first Pittsburgh born player to be drafted in the first round and his high school retired his jersey. I went to the ceremony and got to talk to him a little bit. Great young man, I hope he is ok.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:33 AM   #179
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Go Devils .

Way to rip the Rangers a new one. Though I was shocked by how many penalities the Rangers were taking and how obvious some where (like a blatent elbow to the head, which I believe led to the 5th goal).

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 04-23-2006 at 01:41 AM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:00 AM   #180
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
Ummm...doesnt matter if it was before or after the hit but if he left his feet even following through with the hit that is under the definition of charging that I just read.

It's pretty hard to keep both feet planted after an open-ice hit. Stevens could keep his balance after taking someone out but he was a rock and definitely the exception. As long as it isn't an elbow or a deliberate jump before the hit so the shoulder hits the head, I think it's ok.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:39 AM   #181
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
so we just got back from a vaction in Florida - a retirement community called The Villages. Christine were out one night for dinner and stopped in a shop to pick up a souveneer. I had an Avs jersey on. The guy who waited on me was an older guy from Michigan. He was like "Avs fan huh?". He went on to talk a bit about how much he hates Claude Lemieux and so on. Now, I'm cool with all of this, and playing along - I like good natured banter, kind of like the ribbing I'll give Sachmo if he dares to show his face in here. But as he went on, I started catching on to the vibe that he REALLY disliked that I had an Avalanche jersey on. He muttered something like "well, I guess I'll ring you up for your purchase"...and I think he actually was conflicted as to whether he was going to ring me up or order me out of the store.

That is a true hockey fan. Although I must say, the Wings-Avs thing seems to have pretty much petered out, at least for the time being. It used to be the only thing you would hear about leading up to a game, even regular season. The past couple years, though, very little has been discussed. Most of those early protagonists are gone from each team, and the spice hasn't been there.

I don't doubt, though, that one tough playoff series could bring it back quickly.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 09:34 AM   #182
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:

I have NHL Centre Ice and only once have I gotten the regular Flyers announcers so I am use to listening to the away teams guys. I understand they are all homers in their own way but the Buffalo guy just drives me nuts, a close 2nd is the guy from Tampa.

Oh man, don't get me started on the Buffalo commentators. Worst in the league, in a landslide.

Other bad ones: Tampa Bay, Colorado.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:52 AM   #183
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Ummm...doesnt matter if it was before or after the hit but if he left his feet even following through with the hit that is under the definition of charging that I just read.

well, Umberger left his feet too. maybe he should have been called for the charge!
Old 04-23-2006, 12:01 PM   #184
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'll say this, all bias aside, when the Red Wings have Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmon doing commentary, it's best in the USA.

When Mickey doesn't go on the trips and Pat Verbeek or Larry Murphy are on the mic .. I have to mute.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:08 PM   #185
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
Oh man, don't get me started on the Buffalo commentators. Worst in the league, in a landslide.

Other bad ones: Tampa Bay, Colorado.

and Boston. well, Brick anyway. Jack Craig has always been one of my favorite everyman-type pbp guys.

you know who I am really liking is Brian Hayward who did the Avs-Stars. I've only seen him a few times (basically when the Avs played the Ducks and a few NBC games). He's not perfect, but he seems to be one of the few analysts who isn't afraid to be critical of either team (paging Peter McNabb) and doesn't resort to the stock cliched observations.

Thinking about it, my three favorite analysts at the moment are probably Hayward, Greg Millen (when he has control of his cockiness) and John Davidson. all goalies. come to think of it, Chico Resch has his moments too, but he's not on par with those three.

There's some real turkeys out there too. Thankfully, I don't have to watch Terry Crisp or Denis Potvin very often, because I think it would make me insane. Jimmie Fox is only tolerable because I think he talks like Rick Moranis, so I just envision Moranis in Ghostbusters everytime Fox delivers his statement that sounds like a question.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:13 PM   #186
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
I'll say this, all bias aside, when the Red Wings have Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmon doing commentary, it's best in the USA.

When Mickey doesn't go on the trips and Pat Verbeek or Larry Murphy are on the mic .. I have to mute.

If I remember right, the last couple of times I heard Redmond he sounded drunk off his ass. did he ever play with Derek Sanderson?

him, lets see...Chris Cuthbert and Peter McNabb doing Preds/Sharks. Not bad, I like Cuthbert. oh wait, Cammi Granato "behind the glass". No thanks. Click. Emerick and Davidson doing the Wings/Oilers? tough call...big fan of Davidson, not too fond of Emerick. Who's behind the glass? Pierre "Giant Douchebag" McGuire? hmmm....is bowling on somewhere?
Old 04-23-2006, 12:19 PM   #187
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

btw, nice to see that the actually called penalties in the Buffalo Philly OT game. I was annoyed that all the talk during the day was about all the penalties were called on Friday...and yet I think Hawyard is the only one who pointed out that there was only ONE penalty called in the 3 OT games on Friday.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:23 PM   #188
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Is anyone else annoyed at the lack of obstruction calls late in the season and into the playoffs? The officials call every little hook but now defensemen are again allowed to hold up the forwards at the blue line after a dump in.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:25 PM   #189
bbor
Pro Starter

1-0 SJ

Sj looks FAST today.

Old 04-23-2006, 12:27 PM   #190
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Is anyone else annoyed at the lack of obstruction calls late in the season and into the playoffs? The officials call every little hook but now defensemen are again allowed to hold up the forwards at the blue line after a dump in.

yes, although in my opinion, they started abandoning those obstruction calls a month into the season.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:29 PM   #191
bbor
Pro Starter

Edm looks really stiff.They are a team built with speed in mind.If they don't start using it they are done.

Old 04-23-2006, 12:29 PM   #192
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

The Red Wings aren't on TV

Guess I'll settle for Sharks/Predators
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 12:40 PM   #193
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Big goal for Detroit.

Lang/Williams/Yzerman strike again.

Those are the breaks the Wings have gotten so far, and the breaks that can kill a team.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:48 PM   #194
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

2 5 on 3 goals for the Sharks
Old 04-23-2006, 12:49 PM   #195
DeToxRox
Head Coach

This Wings/Oilers series has been a battle. I like seeing the Wings play with this kind of fire.

Imagine though if the Wings were in the East, how wide open those games could've been?

Either way I love all kinds of hockey but it is something to ponder.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:49 PM   #196
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
2 5 on 3 goals for the Sharks

I saw Cheechoo has one, who has the other?
Old 04-23-2006, 12:50 PM   #197
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

after the 5-on-3, SJ still had a PP and converted. 3-0.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:51 PM   #198
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
I saw Cheechoo has one, who has the other?

missed who had it. Mark Smith has the third.

EDIT. Marleau had #2.

Last edited by Draft Dodger : 04-23-2006 at 12:51 PM.
Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 12:52 PM   #199
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I wish they'd stagger these games by 30 minutes so I could flip during intermission.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:53 PM   #200
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
missed who had it. Mark Smith has the third.

EDIT. Marleau had #2.

Ah nice, thanks.