Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-05-2007, 07:55 AM   #1
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

So The Superbowl is Over (Unofficial 2007 NFL Draft/Free Agency Thread)

I totally see the Falcons trading into the top 2 or 3 picks to get Calvin Johnson.

Vick needs a WR; he seems to be as much of a sure thing as Fitzgerald was; and I imagine that picking a local boy can't hurt when you are trying to keep the Georgia Dome sold out.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 02-05-2007 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Added Free Agency to the Title
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:03 AM   #2
miami_fan
Coordinator

How about free agents? Is there a website that shows potential free agents?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:04 AM   #3
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/freeagents.html
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:04 AM   #4
Butter
Coordinator

I think the FA's available are Nate Clements and 72 other stiffs.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:06 AM   #5
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post

Good point. Title edited.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:08 AM   #6
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post

Matt Schaub will get starter money somewhere.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:08 AM   #7
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

woot draft talk!
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:10 AM   #8
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:

Dwight Freeney, who I imagine will be franchised.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:11 AM   #9
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I imagine Dwight Freeney & Cato June will both do rather well in FA.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:12 AM   #10
Butter
Coordinator

I was mostly joking with my post, I know that pretty much every time I hear talk about FA this offseason, it's led off with Nate Clements.

Last edited by Butter : 02-05-2007 at 08:13 AM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:14 AM   #11
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
I was mostly joking with my post, I know that pretty much every time I hear talk about FA this offseason, it's led off with Nate Clements.

honestly, you're not that far off though. Some positions just look like a total wasteland.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:16 AM   #12
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

New Orleans Saints need a cornerback. Right now they have Mike McKinzie, who is a decent, but not great, #1, and a bunch of nickleback level players.

If they could get a solid #1 and move McKinzie to #2, that would be great. More realisticly, if they could get a solid #2, that would be an improvement.

In terms of players that we might lose, our starting right tackle, Jon Stinchcomb, and our starting defensive end, Charles Grant, are both UFAs. We have the money to keep both of them, but I don't know if we are going to spend it. Grant, in particular, may get an offer that he can't refuse if he hits the open market. Defensive ends who can play both the run and the pass well are hard to find.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:18 AM   #13
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Stinchcomb is an interesting prospect. He's been injured since we drafted him. This season, he stayed healthy and played great. So, do you give him a long term deal with a heavy signing bonus based on one year?

Personally, I am a fan of keeping together an offensive line unit to the extent possible, so I would pony up the cash for him. But even I acknowlege that there is a risk there.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:19 AM   #14
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

The Saints have to resign Grant. I don't think they can afford Clemens.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:19 AM   #15
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
New Orleans Saints need a cornerback. Right now they have Mike McKinzie, who is a decent, but not great, #1, and a bunch of nickleback level players.

If they could get a solid #1 and move McKinzie to #2, that would be great. More realisticly, if they could get a solid #2, that would be an improvement.

In terms of players that we might lose, our starting right tackle, Jon Stinchcomb, and our starting defensive end, Charles Grant, are both UFAs. We have the money to keep both of them, but I don't know if we are going to spend it. Grant, in particular, may get an offer that he can't refuse if he hits the open market. Defensive ends who can play both the run and the pass well are hard to find.

Agree 1000%

I hope Fred Thomas forgets where New Orleans is and vanishes. The countless times I spent yelling at the TV in a crowded bar in DC because Fred Thomas was always the first to shake the WR's hand for burning him on the 30+ yard TD angers me still. I hope we keep Grant.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:16 AM   #16
molson
General Manager

Everybody's assuming the Pats won't make a competitive offer to Asante Samuel, which is shame. He'll be a better dollar for dollar value than Deion Branch.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:20 AM   #17
wade moore
lolzcat

Ugh...

i'm just looking through this, and I don't know the Colts salary cap situation, but...

Dwight Freeney, Cato June, Rob Morris, Jason David, Nick Harper....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:29 AM   #18
Arles
Grey Dog Software

ugly WR/TE list. Packers will probably be looking at WR in the draft.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:34 AM   #19
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

How good was Dwight Freeney this year? Because last night, he might as well have not even been on the field.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:43 AM   #20
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
How good was Dwight Freeney this year? Because last night, he might as well have not even been on the field.

I thought Freeney did a lot of things that don't show up on stat sheets. He hurried Grossman a few times, or at least made him nervous.

It's hard to judge. Freeney only had 26 tackles and 5.5 sacks, but he changes the way an offense plays. He often had double teams whcih sometimes included the TE being forced to stay in (noteably agains the Chiefs in the playoffs Gonzalez was a non-factor because of having to block Freeney, I think Heap to an extent against Baltimore also).

I still think he's one of the best Pass Rushers in the league, even if his stats don't show it.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 02-05-2007, 09:45 AM   #21
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

Freeney is overrated, IMO. He only has one move; an upward swim over the left tackle. He'll expose slow/lumbering tackles (i.e. Ogden) but any LT with some speed can totally block him. Also, draws work extremely well against him which was why losing DT Corey Simon was a huge loss for the Colts and the addition of Booger McFarland was so important.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 02-05-2007 at 09:46 AM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:48 AM   #22
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Freeney is overrated, IMO. He only has one move; an upward swim over the left tackle. He'll expose slow/lumbering tackles (i.e. Ogden) but any LT with some speed can totally block him. Also, draws work extremely well against him which was why losing DT Corey Simon was a huge loss for the Colts and the addition of Booger McFarland was so important.

Man, did you watch many Colts games?

Freeney having one move is so 2002.

Quote:
Old 02-05-2007, 12:25 PM   #23
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
ugly WR/TE list. Packers will probably be looking at WR in the draft.

Kevin Curtis doesn't rock you socks off? LOL @ Drew Bennett making bank, but he will.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:37 PM   #24
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

I think the real question is which one of these players will receive an extremely high value contract from Daniel Snyder.

My bets are on London Fletcher. He fits the bill of being that player in the declining portion of his career that the Skins will offer a $100 Million/16 year deal to.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:38 PM   #25
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I want to hear Drew Bennett use the term "make bank".
Old 02-05-2007, 12:44 PM   #26
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Joe Horn is scheduled to make a pretty penny next season.

If he does not agree to restructure and take a pay cut, I could see him hitting the FA market.

There seemed to be some conflict between him and the coaching staff this year, so the odds of him hitting free agency seem pretty good--especially considering what a weak WR market in free agency will do to his value.

He's not a long term solution for anyone, but if we cut him and he goes off with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove, he could be a nice 1-2 year player for some team looking for short term help. I'm thinking that the Falcons or the Packers make a lot of sense.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 02-05-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:50 PM   #27
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Joe Horn is scheduled to make a pretty penny next season.

If he does not agree to restructure and take a pay cut, I could see him hitting the FA market.

There seemed to be some conflict between him and the coaching staff this year, so the odds of him hitting free agency seem pretty good--especially considering what a weak WR market in free agency will do to his value.

He's not a long term solution for anyone, but if we cut him and he goes off with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove, he could be a nice 1-2 year player for some team looking for short term help. I'm thinking that the Falcons or the Packers make a lot of sense.

Joe Horn is over. He had a nice run but it would be foolish for anything other than a team on the brink bringing him in as a 2 or 3 for short money.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:54 PM   #28
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
Joe Horn is over. He had a nice run but it would be foolish for anything other than a team on the brink bringing him in as a 2 or 3 for short money.

I agree with rkmsuf. Horn is getting up there in age and has about 2 years left in him. He is also a team leader, I'd bet he restructures his contract to stay in New Orleans for the remainder of his career.

What is this conflict you are talking about though? Are you saying that he wasn't actually injured in the latter half of the season, but that he was having issues with team management.

I don't recall hearing anything about that, can you refresh my "remembers".

Last edited by gottimd : 02-05-2007 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:21 PM   #29
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post
I agree with rkmsuf. Horn is getting up there in age and has about 2 years left in him. He is also a team leader, I'd bet he restructures his contract to stay in New Orleans for the remainder of his career.

What is this conflict you are talking about though? Are you saying that he wasn't actually injured in the latter half of the season, but that he was having issues with team management.

I don't recall hearing anything about that, can you refresh my "remembers".

This thread alludes to it http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=18044

Basically, there are rumors that the coaching staff thought that he was not taking his injury and rehab seriously.

Re-reading my post, I gave this rumor way more validity than it deserved. Basically, there was talk about Joe and the coaching staff not getting along because of his approach to rehab, but I don't think that anyone confirmed that one way or the other. It might be true, or it might be mere speculation that ended up being seen as true through sheer repetition.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:37 PM   #30
Daimyo
College Starter

Colts will have to franchise Freeney. He is overrated in the sense he was getting praise as the best defensive player in the league last year, but he is still a very good player who really changes opposing team's gameplans. He's just not Seymour level and never will be. His numbers were poor this year, but no way Mathis gets ~10 sacks/season without Freeney on the other side.

I'm not sure what will happen with Cato June. He was a pro-bowler last year, but wasn't good this year. He is really such a system guy and like most of the Colt defenders he will never find a situation as good as what he has in Indy. Usually the Colts refuse to pay anything for their LB (Washington, Petersen, Thornton) and instead just churn young guys. Unfortunately Gardner was a bust and needs to be replaced so letting June go would mean they need to find two LBs in the draft this year (or resign Morris and find one starter). I have a feeling someone will give June big money based on his pro-bowl credentials and the Colts will be unable to bring him back.

Last edited by Daimyo : 02-05-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:37 PM   #31
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Joe Horn is no Randy Moss.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:42 PM   #32
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Everybody's assuming the Pats won't make a competitive offer to Asante Samuel, which is shame. He'll be a better dollar for dollar value than Deion Branch.

If they don't franchise him, they're crazy. He should definitely be the #1 CB target, ahead of Clements, and I'll be extremely upset if the Niners choose to look at Clements ahead of an available Samuel.

I heard Clements was a lock to Washington, with Springs leaving.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:55 PM   #33
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
If they don't franchise him, they're crazy. He should definitely be the #1 CB target, ahead of Clements, and I'll be extremely upset if the Niners choose to look at Clements ahead of an available Samuel.

I heard Clements was a lock to Washington, with Springs leaving.

I will be extremely pissed if Samuel is not re-signed or franchised. I think they will do either one because I believe of all the positions, BB values CB near the top, unlike WR. But who knows.

Sadly, Samuel's agent stated that the teams were "very close" to agreement after week 7, at which time both sides agreed to wait until season's end. Oops.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:20 PM   #34
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

I think the Saints will franchise Charles Grant...I dont see how you could let a good DE like him just walk. Stinchcomb is different- I think he will want to stay if we make a reasonable offer. I thought he would have been cut before training camp but the coaching staff gave him a chance and he proved he could stay.

Don't forget Hollis Thomas is up for a new contract, as well as Scott Shanle. None of our FA's are big names (except Grant), so I think we will be able to bring most of them back for reasonable money. For once players might want to play in New Orleans because they have a chance to win.

I think Joe Horn is done in New Orleans. He didn't seem happy in the playoffs when he wasn't playing, and I think he should have been playing so there must be more to it than just an injury. What really got me was after the first game he missed someone claimed to have seen him playing golf the morning of the game.

As long as Fred Thomas is not our starting heading into next season I will be happy. I questioned a lot of the things Peyton did last offseason and he proved me completely wrong so I will blindly trust him and the front office this year. (I thought we should have traded down instead of Reggie Bush- I feel stupid)
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:24 PM   #35
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinatieri for Prez View Post
I will be extremely pissed if Samuel is not re-signed or franchised. I think they will do either one because I believe of all the positions, BB values CB near the top, unlike WR. But who knows.

Sadly, Samuel's agent stated that the teams were "very close" to agreement after week 7, at which time both sides agreed to wait until season's end. Oops.

I forget the situation with Ty Law? Was he really declining and asked for too much money? Or was it a Branch-type situation, or...?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #36
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I forget the situation with Ty Law? Was he really declining and asked for too much money? Or was it a Branch-type situation, or...?

I think the patriots management read their own headlines and now believe they can work magic infinite times with late round picks and continue to win. I think thats why you see these stars they have defect
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:08 PM   #37
dime
High School JV

the pats treat their players the way wal-mart treats its employees...and their fans and the media laud them for it.
dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:20 PM   #38
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dime View Post
the pats treat their players the way wal-mart treats its employees...and their fans and the media laud them for it.

Unfortunately being totally heartless in regard to players is certainly the best way to manage a team. You'll be far more successful if you treat them like pieces of a puzzle rather than as actual people.

Sometimes a guy loses it quickly. Strategically it's better to dump him and replace him as quickly as possible, even if upsetting to some group of fans or disruptive to the locker room. You'll win everyone back quickly when they come to realize the replacement is better.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:22 PM   #39
molson
General Manager

Quote:

This is a pretty popular line these days, I think the results have been fairly successful, haven't they?

I think the Pats are very good at looking ahead. They let guys like Willie Mcginest go, and everyone complains, but their eye was on locking up Richard Seymore. Now, I think the Pats have much more long term interest in Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork than Deion Branch.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:31 PM   #40
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post

I was ok with that one. Law wanted astronomical money when he was (1) coming off a very serious season ending injury, and (2) beginning his decline due to age. I should add that he never got the money from anybody that he was asking from the Pats. The Jets signed him to a one year deal that ended up being less than the Pats would have given him after everything shook out. It's the exact opposite of Samuel's situation -- young and hitting his prime. Similar to Branch except BB just doesn't value WR like other positions.

Last edited by Vinatieri for Prez : 02-05-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:35 PM   #41
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:

This is purely false. If you are getting older and declining in skills, then you are not going to break the bank with the Pats and I am fine with that. If you are young, up and coming skill wise and play a valuable position, they willl pay you the money. Just ask Seymour, Brady, Dillon (to some extent 2 season ago), Koppen, Light, etc.

In general, I have no problem with this strategy. It's needed to succeed year in and year out. However, Samuel hits the young, hitting prime, and valuable position categories, and so he should be kept.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:39 PM   #42
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
I think the patriots management read their own headlines and now believe they can work magic infinite times with late round picks and continue to win. I think thats why you see these stars they have defect

Yeah, you must be right. No way did they come within 4 yards and a first down of beating the Colts and then likely then winning the SB against the Bears (if the same team had showed up like yesterday). And yes, if you want to call guys at the end of their careers stars, then you're right. Branch was the one and only exception to that.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:43 PM   #43
SteveMax58
College Starter

I like Robaire Smith-DT & Samuel-CB as a Giants fan.

Too bad the Giants have bad AI & will probably sign Vanderjagt instead.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:49 PM   #44
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Yeah, you must be right. No way did they come within 4 yards and a first down of beating the Colts and then likely then winning the SB against the Bears (if the same team had showed up like yesterday). And yes, if you want to call guys at the end of their careers stars, then you're right. Branch was the one and only exception to that.

And it isn't brought up much, but Branch has proved (thus far) to be undeserving of the money. Sure, the Pats would have been better with him, but Reche Caldwell actually had a better season, statistically. I'm very happy to see that money tied up elsewhere.

Also, the Pats have traditionally been middle-of-the-pack in the NFL in terms of payroll/room under cap. People talk like they're the Montreal Expos or something.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:05 PM   #45
Dunleavy
High School JV

reportedly (they have the same agent) Favre asked the Packers to enquire about (not long for Oakland) Randy Moss. the Pack have two good Wr's in Driver and Ferugson but having seen Moss from the sideline it's easy to see why (win now) Favre would want him, and at just a 3rd round pick (reportedly as-low-as price) why not if your the packers

my top 10 mock draft (visit the web site)...Russell, Quinn, Thomas, and Johnson will all go in the top 4, after that there's a drop off. Of the top 4 teams i'm paying most attention to detroit, will they draft another quote un-quote franchise QB

1. Oakland QB Jamarcus Russell LSU - The Radiers love size and Russell has it, Oakland needs a new start and Jamarcus is it
2. Detroit OT Joe Thomas Wisconsin - I'm not sure Brady Quinn is a Martz type of QB
3. Cleveland QB Brady Quinn Notre Dame - Brady Quinn is from Ohio, the Browns need a QB
4. Tampa Bay WR Calvin Johnson Georgia Tech - Offensive coach...offense is bad...draft best offensive player
5. Arizona S Reggie Nelson Florida - The Cardinals should be able to trade down a couple slots and still get saftey help
6. Washington DE Gaines Adams Clemson - The Redskins DE unit needs a blue chip addition
7. Minnesota WR Dwayne Jarret USC - Jarret a better complement to last years #1 Williamson then Ginn
8. Houston RB Adrian Peterson Olkahoma - Surley they won't pass on another stud RB
9. Miami DE Jamaal Anderson Arkansas - Jason Taylor to pull a Tiki? Having a talented book in on the otherside will entice him to stick around for a while
10. Atlanta S LaRon Landry LSU - Fills a need but wouldn't surprise me to see new offensive minded head coach draft a play maker to help Vick out

Last edited by Dunleavy : 02-05-2007 at 07:05 PM.
Dunleavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:23 AM   #46
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:

I think you've seen Samuel's last game as a Patriot. Problem with the franchise tag is if they use it on the guy I think his attitude and play suffers. Couple that with an overall philosophy they've shown at the position and it's likely he walks. Of course if the offers don't come in than maybe it's a different story but I think you'll see a team make him a career making type contract offer.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:35 AM   #47
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Moss is avaliable for a 3rd round pick?
Old 02-06-2007, 08:40 AM   #48
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
Moss is avaliable for a 3rd round pick?
If I were a GM, I'd offer a plastic bag full of warm, fresh diarrhea for Moss. I'd rather have an average receiver who won't cost as much who will play his heart out even when the team is way down.

Last edited by gottimd : 02-06-2007 at 08:41 AM.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:46 AM   #49
miami_fan
Coordinator

I am sure Jamaal Anderson is a wonderful player and if it keeps Jason Taylor away fro Hollywood a little while longer, that is great. With that said, the Dolphins HAVE to address the O-line in both free agency and the draft.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:48 AM   #50
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post
If I were a GM, I'd offer a plastic bag full of warm, fresh diarrhea for Moss. I'd rather have an average receiver who won't cost as much who will play his heart out even when the team is way down.

I'm sure most of the NFL gm's would agree with you.