Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-15-2007, 06:19 PM   #451
Emiliano
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Some impressions from the PS2 thread:

not much different. more fluid gang tackling, not to the extent of the next gens though.
the few screens I've run actually have linemen who block defenders which is nice.
can;t change control layout back to 06 like last year, which is taking some getting used to.
"motivation" is a new thing that increases attributes to groups on the team. but the impact players don't seem to change.
I haven't gone back to look at 07 but the rosters only have room for 70 players i thought it was 75 last year. not sure.
playbooks are basically the same. there are plays with automatic motion which is a nice touch leading to some WR sweeps off of the snap and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanny7207
Are the recruiting upgrades in this version, or is that a next-gen thing?

appears the same as next gen, dont hold me to that. but there is preseason recruiting, player promises, medical redshirts, summer training. I'll get into it once i finish my first dynasty year.

and i stand corrected about the in game impact players. I made a sack with a DT and the next play he appeared with a pulsing ring. the impact players now have stars but it was still different than normal.

Nice. Still no confirmation if the supersim feature is in???
Old 07-15-2007, 06:27 PM   #452
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Not from that thread, no.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:29 PM   #453
Ksyrup

I just posted the question in the PS2 thread. I'll let you know if I get an answer.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-15-2007, 06:39 PM   #454
Emiliano
College Prospect

Quote:
I just posted the question in the PS2 thread. I'll let you know if I get an answer.

Good. I've posted one in a thread on MaddenMania.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:01 PM   #455
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Only 28 hours until the game is in my hands. Yay for Eastern time zone!

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 07-15-2007 at 10:20 PM. Reason: I can't count!
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:17 PM   #456
GoDukes
Mascot

Testing this out. A video I just did. Look at the blocking at the bottom of the screen, looks good.

http://www.easportsworld.com/#video-899/HOME/503

Last edited by GoDukes : 07-15-2007 at 07:42 PM.
GoDukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:08 PM   #457
Ksyrup

Heh, someone posted this over at OS:

Old 07-15-2007, 08:11 PM   #458
Ksyrup

It's going to take me some time to get used to the arcade-type people over at OS. I posted that question about the quick-sim, and then after that, someone posted a question asking for Southern Miss's individual roster ratings. Someone took the time to compile all of that info and post it before responding to my simple yes or no question (which remains unanswered at this point).
Old 07-15-2007, 08:11 PM   #459
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:

Thanks ParticleHustler
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:13 PM   #460
Ksyrup

Yeah, that's my name pretty much everywhere but here.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:15 PM   #461
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Looks like the glitches are being posted at Operation Sports now.

NCAA 08 Official Bugs and Glitches Thread (360 and PS3)
http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...d.php?t=211898

Need to register to view.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:18 PM   #462
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I've looked at that thread for the past couple days and I've yet to see anything significant. Mind you, if that PAT bug, where the guy snaps it off the screen occurs frequently, that would blow. But I can't imagine it happens too often (despite the last poster) because all these other people have yet to mention it.

Btw, got my call from Gamestop that they're opening at midnight on Tuesday. I just can't do that - I'll pick it up the following morning .
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:27 PM   #463
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Some glitches/bugs being reported on the 360 so far.

1) Bad glitch I was going for an extra point to tie the game 17-17 but the center turned sideways and the ball was snapped 20 yards back, and the announcers said "incomplete pass" I was like WTF I am going for an extra point. Next thing you know I am kicking the ball off down 1 point 17-16 I lose the game.

2)Was playing a game in dynasty and got roughing the kicker called on me in OT. The game did a kickoff... Then just gave me the ball on 25.. Weird.

3)End of half CPU AI has me scratching my head right now. CPU completed a long pass to my 15 yard line for a first down and had a second left. Since the clock stopped due to a first down, they should have had plenty of time to call a timeout to set up for a field goal, they had two timeouts. Nope, they simply let the clock run out.

4)I seen the extra point bug yet again OMG this is occuring way more then I would like. Going for an extra point and the holder turns to his side and the ball gets snapped 20 yards back no one is there to get it, then the announcer says incomplete pass next thing you know I am kicking off and dont even get to attempt the PAT! OH NO
Happened on my very first game, and now its has happened on my 2nd!
Old 07-15-2007, 08:31 PM   #464
Logan
Head Coach

I've played 5 games, been scored on plenty, and haven't seen that XP bug.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:52 PM   #465
Phototropic
Mascot

I got the PAT bug in the demo once in about 6 or 7 games, so I'm somewhat concerned.
Phototropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:08 PM   #466
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
I've looked at that thread for the past couple days and I've yet to see anything significant. Mind you, if that PAT bug, where the guy snaps it off the screen occurs frequently, that would blow. But I can't imagine it happens too often (despite the last poster) because all these other people have yet to mention it.

Btw, got my call from Gamestop that they're opening at midnight on Tuesday. I just can't do that - I'll pick it up the following morning .

Yeah, I've been following that thread as well. So far, I haven't seen anything that has me worried. I really want to do the midnight pickup, but I have to be at work by 8 the next morning. So, I'll just pick it up Tuesday during my lunch hour.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:21 PM   #467
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I always take OS member thoughts with a grain of salt.

Most of them spend more time trying to find a significant bug then they do playing the game.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:15 PM   #468
CraigSca
Pro Starter

JB,

It seems you have some kind of perverse satisfaction in dispelling the enthusiasm of others regarding this game. You, my friend, lead the league in NCAA schadenfreude.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:11 PM   #469
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

FYI,

Fairdale Kings has posted an update on his progress. The issue with copying rosters cost him some time and he is now anticipating a Weds. release of his roster. A late Tuesday night release is his most optimistic estimate.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:50 PM   #470
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Its being reported at Operation Sports NCAA Impression thread Xbox 360 that the cpu doesn't seem to go deep much. Sometimes they will go a whole game without throwing deep down the field.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:17 AM   #471
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
Its being reported at Operation Sports NCAA Impression thread Xbox 360 that the cpu doesn't seem to go deep much.

Sounds like the AI is borrowing the playbook of a girl I used to date back in high school...
Old 07-16-2007, 02:36 AM   #472
Emiliano
College Prospect

It seems like the supersim feature is NOT in the PS2/Xbox version of the game. Very, very disappointing.

MaddenMania thread

OS thread

Maybe I misread it, but I really thought this was a feature for all versions.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:45 AM   #473
Ksyrup

Damn, I think I'll just stick with 2007 then. I had fun for several months, I just need to find a team I can do well with AND that gets a chance to play for the title.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:09 AM   #474
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
JB,

It seems you have some kind of perverse satisfaction in dispelling the enthusiasm of others regarding this game. You, my friend, lead the league in NCAA schadenfreude.

yeah, seriously, he's a killjoy.

i'm gonna buy this game and enjoy it. it's called "game" for a reason. if this was my job then yeah, i'd be nitpicky. but i'm gonna play it and have fun and not care about pancakes, McGriddles or whatever else people like jb want to point out is wrong.

keep in mind EA is designing this game for die hards and casual fans both. so they have to consider the cost to focus on something only 50% of their buying customers will care about and the other 50% won't even notice.

just a game. if i was gonna be nitpicky about realism or minor bugs i'd be pissed there wasn't any frat parties and drunk college aged chicks with no morals in the game.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:14 AM   #475
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Its being reported at Operation Sports NCAA Impression thread Xbox 360 that the cpu doesn't seem to go deep much. Sometimes they will go a whole game without throwing deep down the field.

your best bet is to experience the game for yourself and not read anything over at Operation Sports. did they detail the situations? maybe they were picking the right defense and the AI rightfully didn't attempt anything downfield. if it's not there, don't force it (words Rex Grossman should live by). also, were they playing teams that had weak QBs/WRs? maybe downfield plays weren't a featured part of the team's gameplan. i don't think you'd see Nebraska throwing bombs all game, if that's what you're looking for.

the people at OS are too nitpicky, and they're gonna spend their $60 on the game trying to be the 1st one to catch minor bug X than just enjoy their youth. at least i hope these are younger people doing this and not people with wives and mortgages.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:15 AM   #476
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Find some other schtick.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:19 AM   #477
Anthony
Banned

i'm telling you, i'm not putting any stock in these minor bug nonsense. i just want a good game of football to play. i can't tell you how many times i listened to all the internet chatter by nerdy killjoys who made me look at my perfectly decent game of Madden/NCAA and say "you know what, i can't possibly play with this (minor or insignificant) bug in this game. this is a piece of shit". no more. i don't have $60 to just throw away these days, so i'm gonna buy games and enjoy them for the hour or so of personal game time in my day and move on to other things like normal people should.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:27 AM   #478
rowech
Pro Starter

The only "bug" I've heard of that bugs me a little is the whole extra point thing. Other than that, it sounds like stuff that a person is going to have to really look for and at that, they're only nusiance bugs. The extra point one will be the only one that really ticks me off if it happens a lot. If it's their way to make sure missed extra points are in the game, there would have been other ways to do that.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:28 AM   #479
Logan
Head Coach

Amen.

I'm having a blast with it, btw.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:30 AM   #480
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
The only "bug" I've heard of that bugs me a little is the whole extra point thing. Other than that, it sounds like stuff that a person is going to have to really look for and at that, they're only nusiance bugs. The extra point one will be the only one that really ticks me off if it happens a lot. If it's their way to make sure missed extra points are in the game, there would have been other ways to do that.

Has anyone shown a video of this bug? Pretty simple to do with this version. Also, I've seen a "true" XP miss...playing against UConn and their kicker drilled the attempt off the upright. It was pathetic.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:21 AM   #481
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Less than 14 hours to go...
Old 07-16-2007, 09:24 AM   #482
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Has anyone shown a video of this bug? Pretty simple to do with this version. Also, I've seen a "true" XP miss...playing against UConn and their kicker drilled the attempt off the upright. It was pathetic.

I had my elbow bumped on an extra point and hit the post.

At least that's my excuse.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:47 AM   #483
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Less than 14 hours to go...

I've been playing for 14 hours.

F the Pump!!!1!
Old 07-16-2007, 09:55 AM   #484
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I've been playing for 14 hours.

F the Pump!!!1!
You know, my conscience would allow me to kill you right now. It really would.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:07 AM   #485
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Pumpy where are you getting the game? I am debating going to the Walmart in Delmont at midnight to pick it up tonight.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:12 AM   #486
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
Pumpy where are you getting the game? I am debating going to the Walmart in Delmont at midnight to pick it up tonight.
I have it reserved at GameStop in Greengate, right next to the Walmart there. I still haven't decided if I'm going to show up there around 11:00 to get some free chips and crappy soda (they had orange and grape Shasta for the Madden release last year), or maybe I'll just get there around 11:30 so I can get a decent spot in line.

Don't you want to take a ride down 66 and hang out in a parking lot for half an hour late at night??
Old 07-16-2007, 10:23 AM   #487
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

My wife is really getting jealous of me and my 360's relationship.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:38 AM   #488
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

My wife is going out of town for a week starting tomorrow. She's right on time.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:56 AM   #489
Kodos
Resident Alien

Don't know if the GameStop where I pre-ordered it has a midnight sale or not. If so, that might leave me with an interesting choice...
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:01 PM   #490
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Don't know if the GameStop where I pre-ordered it has a midnight sale or not. If so, that might leave me with an interesting choice...

Most (if not all) people who have it pre-ordered at a Gamestop doing a midnight sale received a call yesterday saying to be there today around 11:00 PM. Of course, it doesn't hurt to call and ask.

I'm very tempted to go tonight, but I just don't see the point. A few years ago I could work reasonably well with only 2 or 3 hours of sleep, but now I'm noticing that I'm bad at my job if I don't get at least 4-6 which would leave me little time to play if I picked it up tonight.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:06 PM   #491
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Most (if not all) people who have it pre-ordered at a Gamestop doing a midnight sale received a call yesterday saying to be there today around 11:00 PM. Of course, it doesn't hurt to call and ask.

I'm very tempted to go tonight, but I just don't see the point. A few years ago I could work reasonably well with only 2 or 3 hours of sleep, but now I'm noticing that I'm bad at my job if I don't get at least 4-6 which would leave me little time to play if I picked it up tonight.

I'm right with you, I can wait until tomorrow for sure. I'm getting too old to function on less than 6 hours of sleep anymore.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:15 PM   #492
Kodos
Resident Alien

I have an appointment after work tomorrow night, so I was thinking of saving time tomorrow by getting it (but not playing it) tonight. Sucks that I'm going out of town until Sunday night on Thursday...
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #493
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I have an appointment after work tomorrow night, so I was thinking of saving time tomorrow by getting it (but not playing it) tonight. Sucks that I'm going out of town until Sunday night on Thursday...

I get the game Tuesday. I leave for our convention in Dallas Monday morning. I'll be gone for two full weeks.

Ugh.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:37 PM   #494
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

In a way, I almost feel bad about wanting to go to GameStop for the midnight release. As I mentioned, my wife goes out of town tomorrow, so tonight is really the last chance she'll get to see me before she goes. I leave for work in the morning before she's out of bed, so she won't even see me in the morning. I mean, she's usually just watching TV in bed by midnight, but I'll be up playing the game for maybe an hour or so, and then I'll go to bed and she might be asleep. The last time she might really get to see me before her trip is when I leave the house to go to GameStop, so I almost feel bad.

Almost.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:39 PM   #495
spleen1015
Coordinator

Gaming comes before my wife, too. Don't feel bad.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:33 PM   #496
rowech
Pro Starter

So this PAT glitch....is this something that could be fixed with an update? It does seem like it might be a big deal.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:35 PM   #497
KWhit
Coordinator

It seems like a pretty obvious bug too. You know that EA knew about this when the game went gold.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:37 PM   #498
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
It seems like a pretty obvious bug too. You know that EA knew about this when the game went gold.

Very much agreed.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:56 PM   #499
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Has it even been established that this PAT bug is a frequent thing, or is it still just one guy over on OS who's seeing it "all the time"?
Old 07-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #500
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Has it even been established that this PAT bug is a frequent thing, or is it still just one guy over on OS who's seeing it "all the time"?

It does seem to be that it has happened to quite a few people. The frequency is up for debate it looks like.