Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-07-2007, 06:59 PM   #201
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
How long is it generally until the rosters are up?

The fast few years it seems like they have been up within 2-3 days of the game release. Some years he manages to get it early and has rosters out on release day.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:01 PM   #202
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
The fast few years it seems like they have been up within 2-3 days of the game release. Some years he manages to get it early and has rosters out on release day.

Excellent I appreciate it. Where'd you pick yours up at? The data card I mean.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 07-07-2007 at 07:01 PM.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:01 PM   #203
Ironhead
College Prospect

Sense has got the better of me and I am going to hold off on getting a 360 for at least 2 weeks after this has been out. That tends to be when the intial wow factor wears off of EA games and the problems start coming out. I don't expect it to be perfect, but as long as there is not some huge problem with dynasty mode then I will go ahead and get it.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:15 PM   #204
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Excellent I appreciate it. Where'd you pick yours up at? The data card I mean.

I picked up the data transfer kit and a memory card at my local Gamestop.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:17 PM   #205
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
I picked up the data transfer kit and a memory card at my local Gamestop.

Excellent to hear. I am thinking of buying my system there. I plan to pony up 49.99 for the year warranty to be safe, did you buy yours at GS, and if so, is it something I should do?
Old 07-07-2007, 07:20 PM   #206
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I had preordered my 360 at Gamestop and got it on launch day. That is the only reason I bought it there. I don't think it matters where you get your system. I didn't buy the warranty at the time, but I probably would so now even with the 3 year warranty from Microsoft on the red rings.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:22 PM   #207
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
I had preordered my 360 at Gamestop and got it on launch day. That is the only reason I bought it there. I don't think it matters where you get your system. I didn't buy the warranty at the time, but I probably would so now even with the 3 year warranty from Microsoft on the red rings.

Appreciate the help. I'll look forward to battling you in 08.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:23 PM   #208
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Appreciate the help. I'll look forward to battling you in 08.

Glad to help. I'll look forward to playing you, too.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #209
rowech
Pro Starter

Will a flash drive/mp3 player work instead of the memory card?
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:35 PM   #210
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post

I don't think so, but I'm not sure.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:32 PM   #211
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
I didn't buy the warranty at the time, but I probably would so now even with the 3 year warranty from Microsoft on the red rings.

I bought my extended warranty for my launch box right away. Knowing it was the first set off the line + having paid $400 for it, no way I wasn't extending the warranty on that puppy. May be the only extended warranty ever I was happy to have.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:05 PM   #212
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

More than likely, the 3-year warranty on the RROD will be extended for the period of your extended warranty, meaning if you bought a 1-year extended warranty, you'll get 2 years' total coverage on the unit and 4 years' coverage on the RROD issue. It's still a work in progress, since the units are all no older than 18 months, meaning the first RROD warranty expiration is still no earlier than 18 months away.

EDIT to clarify that I'm referring to the Microsoft extended warranty only.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-07-2007 at 09:06 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:08 PM   #213
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:

Quote:
I don't think so, but I'm not sure.

I've copied MP3s to my 360 via USB sticks, so I think they would work for rosters as well. I just know that Marketplace content can't be copied onto them.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:56 PM   #214
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

The Datel transfer kit is a cheap little toy ($10 at EB Games/Gamestop) and your local store can do a store search to see which area stores have them in stock. I believe it's been discontinued, so it won't be in every store. There's another device you can use (forget what it's called) and the memory stick thing may work too. 9 days and 2 minutes from the midnight opening
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:59 PM   #215
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
The Datel transfer kit is a cheap little toy ($10 at EB Games/Gamestop) and your local store can do a store search to see which area stores have them in stock. I believe it's been discontinued, so it won't be in every store. There's another device you can use (forget what it's called) and the memory stick thing may work too. 9 days and 2 minutes from the midnight opening

Kingneb - you going to the midnight opening? I admit, I'm too "mature" for that (I fall asleep) - ha. Seriously, I have no problem picking it up the next day shortly after they open, though the package doesn't say closed for long - I end up reading the manual on the way home.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:36 AM   #216
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

It does for the PS3.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:29 AM   #217
Hoya1
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
It does for the PS3.

where do you get stuff for PS3?
Hoya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:43 PM   #218
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoya1 View Post
where do you get stuff for PS3?

hxxp://www.psxsports.com/
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:19 PM   #219
Anthony
Banned

i can see the appeal for downloaded rosters, but since this is a college game and you only get players for about 4 years then after that it's all game-created draftees i don't see the point in buying extra accessories and going through the hassle of transporting from PC to console. if there was a way to download via XBL by some user-created content system i'd do it. i don't follow the college game all that much to know anyone outside of the top 5 or so guys. i can see this being more of a value to a diehard college fan, though.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:37 PM   #220
MJ4H
Coordinator

When I used to play NCAA 200x I would always find a way to get real rosters. An unintended consequence of playing with real rosters is I became more familiar with more real players when watching real college football because I had seen their names popping up in the leaderboards on the game.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:43 PM   #221
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
i can see the appeal for downloaded rosters, but since this is a college game and you only get players for about 4 years then after that it's all game-created draftees i don't see the point in buying extra accessories and going through the hassle of transporting from PC to console. if there was a way to download via XBL by some user-created content system i'd do it. i don't follow the college game all that much to know anyone outside of the top 5 or so guys. i can see this being more of a value to a diehard college fan, though.

Yeah, I am a die hard fan which is why I find them essential.

Another thing is for people who play Madden as well, its great to be able to import all your guys in as opposed to waiting 5 years for all the #'ed guys to get out of the game.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:49 PM   #222
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Also, even though it is only 4 years of game time, if you play out your games that can be months of using "real players."

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-08-2007 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:10 PM   #223
BigMak
n00b

I don't know. While I think it would be great to have real players, I cannot see spending an additional $50 so I can get the right names.
BigMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:27 PM   #224
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post

I always sim through 5 years of recruiting and get a team full of players I've recruited. Entirely ficional universe and I'm not pissed off that player X isn't performing like he should be.

Only time I play with the stock rosters is multiplayer or some of the all time great teams.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:55 PM   #225
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I have media center and my pc connects to my Xbox 360, I'm going to see if I can find a way to get that roster file onto my 360 somehow.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:24 PM   #226
Phototropic
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMak View Post
I don't know. While I think it would be great to have real players, I cannot see spending an additional $50 so I can get the right names.
I'm in the same camp. I just put all my own team's names in before I start.
Phototropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:28 PM   #227
Ironhead
College Prospect

I think that if I planned on buying a number of college sports titles it would be worth it. But for just NCAA 08, probably not. I will just randomize all names and then go through and name at least my own team and then probably my division opponents.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:21 PM   #228
BigMak
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I have media center and my pc connects to my Xbox 360, I'm going to see if I can find a way to get that roster file onto my 360 somehow.

Good idea. Let us know if you have any luck.
BigMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:32 PM   #229
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post

That would be awesome.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:39 PM   #230
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I can understand the reasoning behind not wanting to spend 40-50 dollars, but the memory card does have other uses. For example, it gives me an extra save slot in Dead Rising which only allows 1 save slot on the Hard Drive and 1 additional slot on the memory card (my biggest gripe with that game.) Also, I've already used it for 07 Football, Basketball and will use it for the 08 version of both games this year. By that time, I think it will have been worth it to me and it should last for quite a few more years beyond this one.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-08-2007 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:41 PM   #231
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I don't know how NCAA 2008 is going to operate, but if I remember correctly, NCAA 2007 could only read the roster files from a memory card. That's why people weren't transferring the rosters onto their 360s any other way.

I kind of like having the real names of the players, but I can live without them. I do have the Datel transfer kit, so I'll use that to update my rosters. I'm one of those people who don't absolutely need it, though. The big reason that I got the transfer kit was for the College Hoops games. I really don't like playing College Hoops without the real player names in it.

Good luck to those of you who will try alternate methods to transfer the rosters. Maybe NCAA 2008 will behave differently (or maybe I'm just wrong about how NCAA 2007 worked).
Old 07-09-2007, 12:32 AM   #232
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I don't know how NCAA 2008 is going to operate, but if I remember correctly, NCAA 2007 could only read the roster files from a memory card. That's why people weren't transferring the rosters onto their 360s any other way.

I kind of like having the real names of the players, but I can live without them. I do have the Datel transfer kit, so I'll use that to update my rosters. I'm one of those people who don't absolutely need it, though. The big reason that I got the transfer kit was for the College Hoops games. I really don't like playing College Hoops without the real player names in it.

Good luck to those of you who will try alternate methods to transfer the rosters. Maybe NCAA 2008 will behave differently (or maybe I'm just wrong about how NCAA 2007 worked).

I was able to get the roster from my memory card to the xbox so I didn't have to have the memory card plugged in for it to read and load the rosters, not sure how I did it- but it must have been pretty easy for me to figure it out.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:21 AM   #233
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I was able to have my roster on my HD for 360.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:58 AM   #234
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

OK, I suppose I was wrong about how NCAA 2007 handled it. It must not have been possible to just use a USB drive for some reason, though, because then nobody would have run out to buy the Datel kit.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:59 AM   #235
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMak View Post
Good idea. Let us know if you have any luck.

Will do.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:01 PM   #236
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Word is that a demo on the 360 will be up by tomorrow evening at the latest.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:18 PM   #237
Kodos
Resident Alien

Woot!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I will have to reconnect my 360 to the Internets!

Last edited by Kodos : 07-09-2007 at 03:19 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:27 PM   #238
Anthony
Banned

wow, having a demo tomorrow nite will be awesome if this turns out to be true.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:51 PM   #239
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:

Where did you hear/see this? I'm extremely hopeful this might be the case.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:05 PM   #240
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Where did you hear/see this? I'm extremely hopeful this might be the case.

I first read it on OS, but it is on multiple sites. It's likely to coincide with Microsoft's E3 Presentation which is tomorrow morning.

Edit: Actually their presentation is tomorrow evening.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-09-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:46 PM   #241
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

Too bad most of my 360 time right now is wrapping up unlocking everything for my 4-year-old in the Cars video game (a very underrated 360 offering if you ask me...)
Old 07-09-2007, 06:09 PM   #242
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Cars was a well-reviewed game overall, especially compared to most movie/game tie-ins.

Demo tomorrow sounds good to me. Everyone let us know if you see anyone breaking street date. OS will probably be a spot for full info on that though. 7 days and 5 hours!!!
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:50 PM   #243
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

A demo?!? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 04:30 AM   #244
Mike1409
High School Varsity

DEMO IS UP ON MARKETPLACE NOW!!!
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:53 AM   #245
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
DEMO IS UP ON MARKETPLACE NOW!!!

On days like today is when i miss the Xbox360 that i sold to buy a PS3... but on days like today is also when i need to remember that if i'll be able to play NCAA08 in the release day is just because i sold the Xbox360 to buy the PS3, that is region free and the only way for us Europeans to play USA games like NCAA and College Hoops.

Damn Microsoft and the region lock for games

Damn Sony and the long times to update the downloadable demos

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:29 AM   #246
WVUFAN
College Starter

Boy, you can tell this is 60 FPS. Very smooth, although I'm not liking a few of the tackles.

The difference is night and day from last year's version.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:51 AM   #247
Logan
Head Coach

Guys, please...I'm not getting my 360 until Sunday. More impressions are needed.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:45 AM   #248
rowech
Pro Starter

I didn't have last year's version but I have to say I'm not really all that impressed. This went from a definite buy to I'll have to wait and see. Other than the graphics, it really doesn't seem any different than the PS2 version used to be.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:55 AM   #249
Anthony
Banned

i'm not reading any impressions. i always pick up a game, seem to have some fun with it, then read all these critiques and nitpicks and i start to view the game differently. these are video games - if you want ultra realism then get off your fat nerd asses and go play the real game.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:12 AM   #250
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

This should be an interesting thread over the next couple of days. Nothing funnier to read than an EA game release thread as it goes through the paces.........
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote