Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-07-2007, 12:19 PM   #751
hoopsguy
General Manager

Pass, willing to talk a little more about what you did with potions yesterday? I didn't want details until night was over, but I've definitely been curious. Especially after seeing the note about the second potion.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:20 PM   #752
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Once again a new day has started, and the tension is still in the air from the evening before. As people arrive in the great hall to start the morning, there are far less smiles and far more distrusting eyes glanced at each other. Some grasp onto their backpacks tightly, refusing to trust each other and one must wonder if the school is doomed. Everyone arrives except one, Swaggs appears to be missing.

A quick search of the various rooms leads to the storeroom where you hear someone scream. Everyone rushes over only to see Swaggs body laying face down in a pool of his own blood. As he is rolled over, you see his stomach has been sliced open and he has been completely disembowled. What a gruesome sight! A quick glance at his belongings show that everything has already been removed.

Day four has now begun. Remember this is an extended weekend session, so deadline is not until 10pm EST TOMMORROW (sunday) evening.

During this day you may do the following:

1) Vote for a player that you feel is a sect member to kill. (post in the thread)
2) Vote for no kill at all. (Post in the thread)
3) Pass an item, ingredient, potion or magical item to another player (PM me with the information.)
4) Attempt to create a new potion or magical item (PM me with the ingredients and/or items you wish to use in your recipe)
5) Drink a potion (PM me)
6) Throw a potion at someone else (PM me, results will be publically shown in the thread at the end of the day.)

In addition, if you need a refresher on what items or ingredients you currently posess, feel free to drop me a PM asking.

I have not sent out individual night PMs from last night as of yet, so do not be alarmed if you have not received one. I posted this first so the game can continue on schedule. I will send out night pms starting now.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:22 PM   #753
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bummer - not surprising. Still waiting for PM to see if I found anything. Anyone pass stuff to Swaggs that has now made its way to the wolves?
Old 07-07-2007, 12:23 PM   #754
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Pass, willing to talk a little more about what you did with potions yesterday? I didn't want details until night was over, but I've definitely been curious. Especially after seeing the note about the second potion.

I kept the potion...whew!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:23 PM   #755
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Everyone rushes over only to see Swaggs body laying face down in a pool of his own blood. As he is rolled over, you see his stomach has been sliced open and he has been completely disembowled.

*wretches violently*

OH

Muh

WORD.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:24 PM   #756
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Sorry, Swaggs. Sucks to see you go, but you had to know you had a good chance of getting offed.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #757
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Out for a bit. I'd like people to discuss passing items to get some trust channels going.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #758
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Still waiting my pm

Yes lathum i think most of us knew you were sarcastic and yet a little pissy yesterday
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #759
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Yep, that is one. Which I found a little interesting, given that there was some worry that the wolves might have killed Cronin to get mercury. Thanks for whatever amount of trust that represents.
No one asked for it. I didn't want it because it might get me killed. There was no doubt in my mind I needed to pass it. You're someone I have/had trust in. I passed it, unfortunately, fwiw, before the fireworks last night.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:32 PM   #760
RendeR
Coordinator

Ok so WTF? we're getting cut down faster than trees in the great northwest.

I trusted Swaggs, I sortof trust a couple others, but frankly, not much more than I distrust most everyone.

I'm beginning to think the Pass, path, ntn, hoops etc group that has been doing all the real talking may well be the wolves carrying on their own campaign of deceit. (yes granted this is what they're supposed to be doing as thats what wolves do, but man we gotta start somewhere!!)
Old 07-07-2007, 12:34 PM   #761
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I am also still waiting for my PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:37 PM   #762
Barkeep49
Coordinator

First I want to say that I appreciate path's defense of me. However, in some ways it makes it clear to me that he's a wolf. I don't think a villager would, during the game, be so vocal in defense of someone seen so widely as a bad guy.

Then we have the LSG/Hoops/BK/Izulde foursome. I still think the vote movement away from LSG is suspicious.

Then there is the fact that hoops seems to be driving the train and he got a villager killed yesterday with a mistake and nearly got another one killed intentionally.

My focus for the day will be on these three. If time permits I might even do a post summary for each of them.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:38 PM   #763
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm going to dola to add that I really do appreciate path's defense and his complement about my varying my game. It is something I try and do and so it is gratifying to be recognized for that, whether the complement comes from a villager (as I would hope) or a wolf (as I somewhat suspect).
Old 07-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #764
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Just got my PM. I have an ingredient of the plant variety.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:41 PM   #765
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I learned a potion, but not how what is in it or how to use it... I was in the library last night
Old 07-07-2007, 12:41 PM   #766
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quad Dola: My ingredient is on Pass's list and I found it again in the storeroom. It was indicated to me that I found it easily as I knew what I was doing.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:41 PM   #767
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I feel that we should focus on hoops and Pass today.
Hoops for obvious reasons and Pass because I have asked him about the potions twice and he refuses to answer me.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:43 PM   #768
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

All night PMs have been sent out now.

Also one game change, the item knife in the rules has been changed to "ceremonial dagger" in order to prevent confusion between a special type of knife and the regular ole knife that you can find laying around all over in the school

*clarification - there is no items listed in the rules, but someone(s) may or may not have received a recipe listing a knife. That recipe would now show ceremonial dagger instead*

Last edited by Alan T : 07-07-2007 at 12:44 PM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #769
hoopsguy
General Manager

The kitchen sucks. 0-3 now looking there.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:50 PM   #770
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I learned a potion, but not how what is in it or how to use it... I was in the library last night
That sounds dangerous for us without knowing who passed it to you. I would have much preferred someone saying that they were making a potion of X and then passing it. I would advise against drinking it LSG before we know what it is.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:51 PM   #771
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
The kitchen sucks. 0-3 now looking there.
I keep wanting to believe that you are a villager, but then your bad luck continues. And I know for a fact that you lie about these sort of things when you're a wolf. I find it hard to believe, based on my ever increasing luck via the PMs, that your luck really is that rotten. Each day where you claim not to find anything makes me think you are a wolf more and more.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:51 PM   #772
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Storeroom again. And I was "worried about what's been going on" and didn't find jack. I may have not known what I was doing and gone through the same stuff.

I did pass Swaggs my yellow flower, so that's disappointing. I passed it at the same time I passed hoops the mercury, so that's double disappointing.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #773
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Storeroom again. And I was "worried about what's been going on" and didn't find jack. I may have not known what I was doing and gone through the same stuff.

I did pass Swaggs my yellow flower, so that's disappointing. I passed it at the same time I passed hoops the mercury, so that's double disappointing.
Ardent I can't remember. How many times have you been in the storeroom and how many items have you found? If you have been there 3 times and also not found anything it'll make me go back to looking more closely at LSG and path.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:55 PM   #774
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I keep wanting to believe that you are a villager, but then your bad luck continues. And I know for a fact that you lie about these sort of things when you're a wolf. I find it hard to believe, based on my ever increasing luck via the PMs, that your luck really is that rotten. Each day where you claim not to find anything makes me think you are a wolf more and more.

If I was planning to lie, then why would I come out and say that I have a recipe and an ingredient passed to me? I'm planning to move my items today as a show of trust for someone, but I don't see where I would have incentive to lie about anything when I'm under scrutiny. Why would I lie about something that is going to seem suspicious?

My luck has really run that bad searching in the kitchen.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:59 PM   #775
Poli
FOFC Survivor

1 for 3. Found the yellow flower the first day.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:59 PM   #776
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

Ok, if you found a recipe it must say what ingredients it requires, otherwise its what? a name? What good would that be?

Granted you may not know how to use it, but you have to know what goes IN it right?
Old 07-07-2007, 01:01 PM   #777
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh, sorry Pass, in post 704 I thought that was you giving your trust list, and I was at the bottom.... but it was path.

704 I was just listing who was still alive. 705 I listed my ranking of those names.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:01 PM   #778
hoopsguy
General Manager

RendeR, did you find anything last night?
Old 07-07-2007, 01:03 PM   #779
RendeR
Coordinator

I spent the night in the kitchen, found a silver cup, any thoughts on what that might be used for?

I still have my newt tail and also another tail that was passed to me, does anyone need those? If you have a recipe using them let me know and we'll work out how to swap stuff around to make it.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:05 PM   #780
RendeR
Coordinator

ANd please note, the Cup will be gone to another player as I post this! (I am NOT going to make myself a target)
Old 07-07-2007, 01:06 PM   #781
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I learned a recipe. If someone can pass me ground up glass fiber, that would be great.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:08 PM   #782
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I spent the night in the kitchen, found a silver cup, any thoughts on what that might be used for?

I still have my newt tail and also another tail that was passed to me, does anyone need those? If you have a recipe using them let me know and we'll work out how to swap stuff around to make it.

If the cup is like the holy flask I passed to Pass yesterday, it's merely a special container that enhances a potion I believe.

I received Lathum's Eternal Bond recipe and that calls for newt tail.

I also spent the night in the Great Hall and found out more about one of my recipes.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:09 PM   #783
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post

That is kind of bumming, since Lathum said he didn't pass any of his stuff, meaning that Swaggs had his yellow flower.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:09 PM   #784
Poli
FOFC Survivor

FWIW, I was not passed anything. I also didn't find anything in the storeroom last night.

I did pass my items to hoops and swaggs.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:10 PM   #785
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
First I want to say that I appreciate path's defense of me. However, in some ways it makes it clear to me that he's a wolf. I don't think a villager would, during the game, be so vocal in defense of someone seen so widely as a bad guy.

Interesting that you would pass me your soured milk then.

As for defending you, I made no claim that I know you're good. I simply think that you were getting heat for something that didn't strike me as out of the ordinary.

I think that as a villager it is just as important to try and sway others off of what I feel might be a red herring as it is to pressure those I think might be wolves.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:10 PM   #786
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
If the cup is like the holy flask I passed to Pass yesterday, it's merely a special container that enhances a potion I believe.

I received Lathum's Eternal Bond recipe and that calls for newt tail.

I also spent the night in the Great Hall and found out more about one of my recipes.

path, can you explain what you mean, that you found out more about one of your recipes? Like, what the potion does?
Old 07-07-2007, 01:13 PM   #787
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
If I was planning to lie, then why would I come out and say that I have a recipe and an ingredient passed to me? I'm planning to move my items today as a show of trust for someone, but I don't see where I would have incentive to lie about anything when I'm under scrutiny. Why would I lie about something that is going to seem suspicious?

My luck has really run that bad searching in the kitchen.
You absolutely would tell partial truths and pass things as an attempt to gain trust. I mean I would too, so don't think I'm unfairly criticizing you here, but telling partial truths is absolutely something you do very well as a wolf. In fact your mixing of truth and fiction as a wolf might be the best of any of us who play here.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:13 PM   #788
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA -- I would add that others know about having passed you stuff so there's less of a reason to lie. On the otherhand, by not stating what ingredients you have you are able to keep it with-in the wolves allowing you guys to make potions as you see fit.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:14 PM   #789
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
path, can you explain what you mean, that you found out more about one of your recipes? Like, what the potion does?

Yep, I found out how to use the blinding potion.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #790
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Yep, I found out how to use the blinding potion.

Do you still have it?
Old 07-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #791
path12
Coordinator

My distrust of hoops is based on one solid reason. He is one of the most careful players I know, and does not just 'overlook' something like the mistake yesterday with Lathum.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #792
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Do you still have it?

Yeah, I was going to pass it to LSG last night, but found out that passing is a daytime action.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:17 PM   #793
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
You absolutely would tell partial truths and pass things as an attempt to gain trust. I mean I would too, so don't think I'm unfairly criticizing you here, but telling partial truths is absolutely something you do very well as a wolf. In fact your mixing of truth and fiction as a wolf might be the best of any of us who play here.

I agree that wolves will pass items to gain trust, but to what extent? I mean, don't the wolves want to keep these items? At the very least, they'll be a little selective about it, and hopefully we can narrow things down.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #794
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, I was going to pass it to LSG last night, but found out that passing is a daytime action.

Why LSG?
Old 07-07-2007, 01:46 PM   #795
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
704 I was just listing who was still alive. 705 I listed my ranking of those names.

I know that now, but I was reading too fast earlier.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:49 PM   #796
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

The new spell I learned was a removing potion spell. I don't know what is in it or how to use it.... but I found it. I dont know what I am supposed to do now with it
Old 07-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #797
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
The new spell I learned was a removing potion spell. I don't know what is in it or how to use it.... but I found it. I dont know what I am supposed to do now with it
Seems useful to me if there ever start to be spells. I'll be interested to hear if the game has gone as he's expected. My guess is that there has been far fewer spells than he was expecting.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #798
RendeR
Coordinator

remove potion or poison?
Old 07-07-2007, 01:57 PM   #799
Passacaglia
Coordinator

LSG -- Do you mean you have a remove poison spell?
Old 07-07-2007, 01:58 PM   #800
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Ok so WTF? we're getting cut down faster than trees in the great northwest.

I trusted Swaggs, I sortof trust a couple others, but frankly, not much more than I distrust most everyone.

I'm beginning to think the Pass, path, ntn, hoops etc group that has been doing all the real talking may well be the wolves carrying on their own campaign of deceit. (yes granted this is what they're supposed to be doing as thats what wolves do, but man we gotta start somewhere!!)

I don't get how you can trust Swaggs, but not me or path.