Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-23-2007, 12:01 PM   #101
highfiveoh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
as I said, I would recommend Direct2Drive to anyone. My experience with them with Civ4 (and Warlords) has been great. One more plus to them is their patch delivery. They house the patches themselves, so no more downloading from Si at turtle speeds...

FM

Can you unlicense or do you have to deal with support when you hit your maximum amount of licenses? I do a clean install of my computer every few months. I do not enjoy the process of convincing support that I need more licenses.
highfiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:07 PM   #102
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfiveoh View Post
Can you unlicense or do you have to deal with support when you hit your maximum amount of licenses? I do a clean install of my computer every few months. I do not enjoy the process of convincing support that I need more licenses.

I will have to check at home, but I remember having to uninstall and reinstall the game when there were some conflicts between D2D Warlords and the CD version of Beyond The Sword and it was pretty easy (read: I didn't have to contact anyone)...

FM
Old 10-23-2007, 12:07 PM   #103
highfiveoh
Banned

How scary is it that the game is crashing when starting up a league? What else can one expect to run into?
Old 10-23-2007, 12:13 PM   #104
highfiveoh
Banned

Quote:
I will have to check at home, but I remember having to uninstall and reinstall the game when there were some conflicts between D2D Warlords and the CD version of Beyond The Sword and it was pretty easy (read: I didn't have to contact anyone)...

FM

Unlicensing is different from uninstalling though.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:15 PM   #105
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
This is starting to get...dare I say it...Maximum?

I'll be the first guy to eat crow if it is out today, but after going dark for 5 days and then posting the truth, which wasn't the truth, and then pushing it out, for someone who really was looking forward to getting the game on his birthday, I'm pissed.
To this point, this is nothing compared to two years ago. Getting the DL version up was a complete farce that year.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:45 PM   #106
kernie
n00b

Quote:
I've bought a bundle of Civ4 w/warlords from Direct2Drive and it worked perfectly. Their download manager made the download so easy, and fast. That is actually pretty good news...

FM

I had the complete opposite situation with Direct2Drive. I bought civ4 through them and could not get their download to work with my system. They thought it was a problem with norton. They were quick to respond to my problems but we could never cure my conflict. I have no problems using elicense on my system. While I commend their customer service for attempting to help me in a timely manner.......................BEWARE---after repeated failed attempts they would not reinburse my purchase. They gave me credit for a future download....which is silly when you can't download through them. I attempted to download other products with no luck.

proceed with caution

Last edited by kernie : 10-23-2007 at 12:46 PM.
kernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:56 PM   #107
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Okay so i took some time to head over to the SI forums and do a little reading. Man their forums kinda suck in my opinion. I guess i am just spoiled by the FOF forums. Oh well.
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:29 PM   #108
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

The general questions board is filled with awful, half-literate users and brown-nosing SI fanboys yeah, but the tactics forum can occasionally be useful and the off-topic board isn't bad.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:30 PM   #109
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

I was in the general questions section so i will nose around in the Tactics/OT section. Thanks.
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:23 PM   #110
Marc Duffy
SI Games

Quote:
How scary is it that the game is crashing when starting up a league? What else can one expect to run into?

It was a crash we introduced ourselves over the weekend when fixing another issue. It's fixed now.
Marc Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:24 PM   #111
Marc Duffy
SI Games

Quote:

Quote:
Hmmmmmmm

This is starting to get...dare I say it...Maximum?

That hurts!!
Old 10-23-2007, 06:31 PM   #112
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
That hurts!!
Jeez, where's the fun of being a troll on a gaming bulletin board if the developer doesn't get angry and flame you back.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:05 AM   #113
Bee
Pro Starter

I really like that you can now see what the fans think of your performance as manager after each match. In my game, I started unemployed and took over a Italian C2 team in December which were fighting against relegation. The fans were pretty disappointed after the first few matches because we got blown out, but slowly the free transfers I brought in started to click and we've won 3 in a row now. My player's confidence is up and the fans opinion of me is starting to improve.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:29 AM   #114
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

BTW, according to a post from one of the SI Guys, the first patch is not imminent, and will be in the time frame of a couple weeks.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:45 AM   #115
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
BTW, according to a post from one of the SI Guys, the first patch is not imminent, and will be in the time frame of a couple weeks.
Thanks. For this reason, I'm not really in a hurry to get the game yet.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:17 AM   #116
Bee
Pro Starter

Has there been reported problems with the game other than the crash mentioned above? I haven't noticed anything so far.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:11 AM   #117
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Digital download has to be close now, Mark is singing songs on the SI boards now. I hand it to the guy, he earns his money this time of the year with trying to keep people happy.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:28 AM   #118
Marc Duffy
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Digital download has to be close now, Mark is singing songs on the SI boards now. I hand it to the guy, he earns his money this time of the year with trying to keep people happy.

Song time is over
http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...1/m/8572042453
Old 10-24-2007, 09:34 AM   #119
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Woohoo. I saw it on the SI boards before I even checked over here again. I wasn't planning on trying to get this in before I hit the road today but what the hell.

Thanks though Marc.

50 minutes and the game is all mine.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:39 AM   #120
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Thread post explosion in 3......2.......1......
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:47 AM   #121
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I think I'll wait until the patch comes out like I did last year. I am looking forward to it.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:53 AM   #122
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I think I'll wait until the patch comes out like I did last year. I am looking forward to it.

Unless there is a bug the prevents me from playing the game, I will live. I don't let a lot of the stuff get to me too much unless it's a game I just don't like anyways. Plus, the more to do on the road during those down times the better for me.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:57 AM   #123
Izulde
Head Coach

*eagerly awaits the 26th*

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:03 AM   #124
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Has there been reported problems with the game other than the crash mentioned above? I haven't noticed anything so far.

The most reported bug is the lack of effectiveness of the "closing down" tactical order. It seems that even if you tell your players to close down the attackers, they keep going back and back allowing the attackers to get close to the area to score, instead of trying to tackle them. To tell you the true, in the few games i played in the demo, i didn't think it was that terrible, i doubt i would have really noticed it if not posted in he forums, but i also never watch the full games, i just watch the key moments.

Here you can see a resume of all the reported bugs, 99% f them don't bother me at all and in fact i see them as really minor ones or not even bugs but human perception. I understand some of them bothering a small group of players but that most of us wouldn't have ever found if not posted like:

Southampton do not change kit (unless you are a Southampton fan, you probably don't care)

Weather Bug In Finland (i have never in 10 years playing CM/FM put the Finland league active or played with a Finnish team)

Ball Height Looking Unrealistic (umm ok?)

User having too much knowledge (???)

Anyway here is the full reported (that doesn't mean that are real bugs) list from SI forums:

Technical Issues

Game is Crashing out during the splash screens
There is a good chance that this is a graphics card driver problem. Check that your drivers are in date and if they are not then please update them and try again.
Mac Installer Issues
W2K Installer Issues
Running the Game in a Custom Resolution
ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Video Cards.
Seems there's a regular problem with these cards. Please visit here: ATI Drivers
And download ATI's Catylist graphics card driver update.

Gameplay Issues

Scorelines Changing Post Match
Yellows not given for timewasting
Captian and Vice Captain already assigned (Not asked for changes)
Weather Bug In Finland
Tight Marking not appearing in Match Tactics
Coaches/Assistants Over Rating Players at lower levels.
Injuries getting 'stuck' and lasting longer than shown.
Scandinavian Decimal Point Issue
Leeds Managers not having the 15pt deduction taken into account and being sacked.
European Champions Cup Fixtures not Displaying Correctly
MLS - Various Bugs Covering the Many MLS Changes.
Keeper instructions changing after late substitutions.
AI Not Substituting Injured Players Even though they have subs left.
Defenders backing off / not challenging for the ball.
Too Many Goals being scored
Too Many Disallowed Goals
Board Over-Reacting to a friendly / Community shield result.
Player Ratings Too Low
Continue Game Timer - Continues past Team Talks when it shouldn't.
Ball Height Looking Unrealistic
Scroll not working in team talks.
Pitch 'minmise' settings on tactics page not being saved.
Team of the week Award does not include Monday games in Norway
Players with Second nationalities appearing with wrong coloured skin in facegen.
Players being sent to reserve teams not acting correctly.
Portuguese Player Names Wrong in Long Term
Key man Analysis problems
Free Budget Money Bug
player wants less for being a player/coach
Maldini has unknown morale
wrong tool tip for inactive persons
Access out of bounds
Southampton do not change kit
User having too much knowledge
Game not informing you have a Gk selected
Game Changes the Score an won't let the user Continue

Last edited by Icy : 10-24-2007 at 10:05 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:09 AM   #125
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
*eagerly awaits the 26th*

Yup, me too. I tried to convince yesterday the guy who works in a games shop where i usually buy my games to sell it to me yesterday, as i saw that they received the games in advance, but damn, no way, it seems that the only damn professional worker just works in that shop close to my home

Now that i think on it, how sad is for a 32 years old guy to beg a 20 years old one to sell me a game 2 days before relese? Luckilly we both were alone at the shop and nobody saw that sad scene

Last edited by Icy : 10-24-2007 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:16 AM   #126
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
The most reported bug is the lack of effectiveness of the "closing down" tactical order. It seems that even if you tell your players to close down the attackers, they keep going back and back allowing the attackers to get close to the area to score, instead of trying to tackle them. To tell you the true, in the few games i played in the demo, i didn't think it was that terrible, i doubt i would have really noticed it if not posted in he forums, but i also never watch the full games, i just watch the key moments.

Here you can see a resume of all the reported bugs, 99% f them don't bother me at all and in fact i see them as really minor ones or not even bugs but human perception. I understand some of them bothering a small group of players but that most of us wouldn't have ever found if not posted like:

Southampton do not change kit (unless you are a Southampton fan, you probably don't care)

Weather Bug In Finland (i have never in 10 years playing CM/FM put the Finland league active or played with a Finnish team)

Ball Height Looking Unrealistic (umm ok?)

User having too much knowledge (???)

Anyway here is the full reported (that doesn't mean that are real bugs) list from SI forums:

Technical Issues

There is a good chance that this is a graphics card driver problem. Check that your drivers are in date and if they are not then please update them and try again.
Mac Installer Issues
W2K Installer Issues
Running the Game in a Custom Resolution
Seems there's a regular problem with these cards. Please visit here: ATI Drivers

Gameplay Issues

Scorelines Changing Post Match
Yellows not given for timewasting
Captian and Vice Captain already assigned (Not asked for changes)
Weather Bug In Finland
Tight Marking not appearing in Match Tactics
Coaches/Assistants Over Rating Players at lower levels.
Injuries getting 'stuck' and lasting longer than shown.
Scandinavian Decimal Point Issue
Leeds Managers not having the 15pt deduction taken into account and being sacked.
European Champions Cup Fixtures not Displaying Correctly
AI Not Substituting Injured Players Even though they have subs left.
Defenders backing off / not challenging for the ball.
Too Many Goals being scored
Too Many Disallowed Goals
Board Over-Reacting to a friendly / Community shield result.
Player Ratings Too Low
Continue Game Timer - Continues past Team Talks when it shouldn't.
Ball Height Looking Unrealistic
Scroll not working in team talks.
Pitch 'minmise' settings on tactics page not being saved.
Team of the week Award does not include Monday games in Norway
Players with Second nationalities appearing with wrong coloured skin in facegen.
Players being sent to reserve teams not acting correctly.
Portuguese Player Names Wrong in Long Term
Key man Analysis problems
Free Budget Money Bug
player wants less for being a player/coach
Maldini has unknown morale
wrong tool tip for inactive persons
Access out of bounds
Southampton do not change kit
User having too much knowledge
Game not informing you have a Gk selected
Game Changes the Score an won't let the user Continue

This is expected and is pretty much why I never buy these anymore as silly as it sounds.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:20 AM   #127
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Technical Issues

Figures, I have ATI. Downloading the Catalyst now too.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:22 AM   #128
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post

This is expected and is pretty much why I never buy these anymore as silly as it sounds.

I underestand how that can be a problem for you and that SI needs to find more real MLS fans that underestand the rules etc, to make it perfect, but I play only with the major European leagues enabled as i know nothing about the MLS.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:25 AM   #129
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Ahhh! Can't connect to SI's website, Sega of America site still doesn't seem to have a download link, hopefully it will clear up soon.

Edit: Got through, downloading the game now, all is well.

Last edited by Big Fo : 10-24-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:14 AM   #130
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

So far so good. Updated my ATI drivers before starting up WWSM and so far so good I guess. I am just getting a league started though. All Scottish leagues, all English, top two in Germany and Spain, and players from Ireland, N. Ireland, Wales, Denmark, and Belgium. It is setting it up as I type this. I have never had a computer where this part of the game is fast, not even sure if it is fast on a super good computer......

As for the ATI driver, probably a good thing to update anyways, I should have done it before I got into playing Civ IV.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:27 AM   #131
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

We wanted to let you know that there is an unexpected delay with your
video game order (Order# xxx) you placed on October 03 2007 08:26 PDT. Unfortunately, we are unable
to ship the product(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when
they may be delivered:

"Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008" [CD-ROM]
Estimated arrival date: 10/31/2007

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:30 AM   #132
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, so I have this little rule I will state before giving my impressions. Rule: I do not ever by a sports games (console or PC) in back to back years. I just don't like doing it, though I have been known to break it once or twice. So I did not play last years version of this game even though I really wanted to because of some of the new features last year. The good side of it is there already looks to be so much new to this game to me.

Looks of the game: Definetly a little different feel to it for me so far. I think because the roster screen has so little color to it. Going to have to get some skins to try out.

The "Wizards": I can see how they would be extremely helpful to those new to the game. For me, I started with them and went right to the advanced setup, a.k.a. the old normal way.

Looks like I have some stuff to get used to, but so far I love how things look for the most part and some of the new (to me) I have seen.

Time to really dive into this some though. I am the Albion Rovers in the Scottish Third Division, my goto club I guess. I am a bit worried that I recognize some of these names from two years ago though, that means they probably aren't too good.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:35 AM   #133
Bee
Pro Starter

Something I've seen a lot of in my 2008 game is teams offering me older high salary players on free transfer. That never really happened before but I'm not sure if that's something new in 2008 or just the difference in playing in Italy vs England. (This is the first career where I've ventured outside of the English divisions).
Old 10-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #134
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

WHOO-HOO! Downloaded, installed, and running! Now it's time for us to sing, Mark! Thank you!

BTW, name the charity my friend, my word is good
Old 10-24-2007, 12:44 PM   #135
AlexB
Pro Starter

I know some of the others have been reported for a long time, but I have personally experienced these two bugs, or variants of these (e.g. games in hand were never taken into account, which is in the same envelope as the Leeds bug - boards not taking into account all of the information) in most of the last FMs, and the patch is the only chance I get the game.

Tbh, whether I even look at FM or not is pretty much down to how good PES is. For the first time ever it holds little interest to me, through a combination of my perceived staleness in the game and my free time becoming less, which means I need much more of a pick up and play game than FM has become.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:45 PM   #136
Flasch186
Coordinator

at least Boonty's DL is fast, and Im DL'ing now. Marc owns 30$ of mine again!

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:09 PM   #137
Bea-Arthurs Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Ok, so I have this little rule I will state before giving my impressions. Rule: I do not ever by a sports games (console or PC) in back to back years. I just don't like doing it, though I have been known to break it once or twice. So I did not play last years version of this game even though I really wanted to because of some of the new features last year. The good side of it is there already looks to be so much new to this game to me.

Looks of the game: Definetly a little different feel to it for me so far. I think because the roster screen has so little color to it. Going to have to get some skins to try out.

The "Wizards": I can see how they would be extremely helpful to those new to the game. For me, I started with them and went right to the advanced setup, a.k.a. the old normal way.

Looks like I have some stuff to get used to, but so far I love how things look for the most part and some of the new (to me) I have seen.

Time to really dive into this some though. I am the Albion Rovers in the Scottish Third Division, my goto club I guess. I am a bit worried that I recognize some of these names from two years ago though, that means they probably aren't too good.

Cringer -

Just a FYI in case you dont know..One of the biggest (in my eyes) bugs is that in the 2nd year and onwards of the SPL, no fixtures are created. Not sure this effects 1st,2nd,3rd division.

I note this because I start every year in Scot 3rd division, with the Rovers . I will either take the 1st season verrry slow in hopes of patch fixing existing games. Or I will just re-start once 1st patch is out.

"Beta" patch out soon per SI's site for all "FM" versions...WWSM to follow after..
Bea-Arthurs Hip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:10 PM   #138
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Well, just bought it. I figured I could get the PLA setup or something while I wait for patches if there are showstopping bugs.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 10-24-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:23 PM   #139
Bea-Arthurs Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

Those who did the Digital Download, was the editor included?

Read a post or two on SI's site stating that it was not.

Last edited by Bea-Arthurs Hip : 10-24-2007 at 01:24 PM.
Bea-Arthurs Hip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:24 PM   #140
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea-Arthurs Hip View Post
Cringer -

Just a FYI in case you dont know..One of the biggest (in my eyes) bugs is that in the 2nd year and onwards of the SPL, no fixtures are created. Not sure this effects 1st,2nd,3rd division.

I note this because I start every year in Scot 3rd division, with the Rovers . I will either take the 1st season verrry slow in hopes of patch fixing existing games. Or I will just re-start once 1st patch is out.

"Beta" patch out soon per SI's site for all "FM" versions...WWSM to follow after..

Hmm, that's seems like a big bug to me, too. I planned on taking this first season slow anyways so I probably won't find out first hand for a while if it happens in 3rd division as well. After playing my first match and losing 3-1, I need to get back into tactics and training and seeing what I want to do there for this team. I also need to figure out how to add a player or two. Things are a bit different in this game then it was two years ago. No signing scouts and send them all over for me. I need a play maker and defender, and for basically no money. Time to look at who I can get through loan.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:28 PM   #141
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

Awesome. I'm stupid, then. Oh well. I'll just let it sit on my hard drive and wait until it actually works right.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:35 PM   #142
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:

I asked about that in the previous thread. I didn't get an answer. While this information may be wrong, the best I could figure out after some searching was that last year a pre-game editor was in FM and not in the digital download of WWSM. I don't know if a pre-game editor was included or not included in the disc version of WWSM last year.

Which was one of the reason I went with importing FM this year... and it should arrive from gogamer sometime today.

Last edited by twothree : 10-24-2007 at 02:37 PM.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:38 PM   #143
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Awesome. I'm stupid, then. Oh well. I'll just let it sit on my hard drive and wait until it actually works right.
Wha-wha-what?

I got the DD of WWSM08 this afternoon and YES, the editor is included.

Dark Cloud and BeaArthursHip:

I'm plugging away on a PLA right now, plugging teams into Sweden's bountiful heirarchy (1 top league, 1 second division, 2 third divisions, and 6 fourth divisions, all playable). Give me a day or two and I'll send you the DB for testing and tweaks - no sense in us duplicating efforts. This should be perfect timing ,as we'll be able to really play about the time the first patch is out.

Last edited by Toddzilla : 10-24-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:41 PM   #144
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Quote:

According to Duffy it's there and this guy who posted seemed to have found it.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...1/m/2012033453

Quote:
qprmeteor
Amateur

Posted Oct 24, 11:21 AM Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Downloaded it this morning, went to edit a few things, and no editor available. Why do we get a cut down version?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marc Duffy
Sports Interactive

Wide Man
Location: Football Manager Live : "ripping up the script that says how online football management games should work"

Posted Oct 24, 11:25 AM Hide PostReply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
There is (or there should be)

It's found in the root directory where the game got installed (or if this is Vista) in the games explorer window.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahh - thanks Marc! Feeling very sheepish...

Just getting ready to d'load mine so can't say I've seen it myself but you may want to take a look.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:47 PM   #145
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

The data editor is there in the DD version, I used it before starting my game.

Man, the game seems to move quite a bit faster than 06 and 07, I could have probably added a few more leagues for my first career.

Also, I love the option to turn off budgets before January, so clubs can't buy two or three new players before the start of the season.

Last edited by Big Fo : 10-24-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:21 PM   #146
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Wha-wha-what?

I'm plugging away on a PLA right now, plugging teams into Sweden's bountiful heirarchy (1 top league, 1 second division, 2 third divisions, and 6 fourth divisions, all playable). Give me a day or two and I'll send you the DB for testing and tweaks - no sense in us duplicating efforts. This should be perfect timing ,as we'll be able to really play about the time the first patch is out.
A follow up...

under the playable 4th level (called the Swedish Second Division) is a non-playable 5th level (Swedish 3rd) with 12 x 12-team divisions (!), a non-playable 6th level (Swedish 4th) with 1 divison of about 180 teams, and the Swedish Lower division with 100 or so more teams. Holy crap, does every street in Sweden have a soccer team?

Anyway, do these leagues need to be populated with legit teams in order for the league to be playable?
Old 10-24-2007, 03:24 PM   #147
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Wha-wha-what?

Woo. Sounds like a plan.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:26 PM   #148
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Cringer -

Beta Patch will ONLY be for the CD version, not the digital download version per Marc D:

"No, doubt it. Digital versions will problably just have to wait for the final patch release."
Old 10-24-2007, 03:33 PM   #149
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Downloaded ,installed, and on my way to Cambridge City to take over the club

To excited to go back ane read through everything but in case it wasn't mentioned Miles posted some patch news..

http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...1/m/5222082453

Quote:
Miles Jacobson
Sports Interactive MD

Cave Man

Posted Oct 24, 10:14 AM Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Following on from Neil's post yesterday about how we're planning to release the patch in the next couple of weeks, and because lots of people are having problems with the workaround for the closing down bug, and a couple of other long term bugs coming to our attention which we deem serious, we have decided to release a beta version of the patch in the next couple of days, which should solve these problems (and others).

This will also give people the chance to give feedback on said patch before we release it "officially" in a couple of weeks time.

As soon as this beta version of the patch is ready, we will unleash it.

For those who don't know what a "beta" is, it's basically a test version, and the same test version that we would be testing here before releasing.

We hope this appeases some of you who are unhappy, in particular with the closing down bug, and appreciate your patience.

Quote:
Miles Jacobson
Sports Interactive MD

Cave Man

Posted Oct 24, 11:23 AM Hide PostReply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Marc - not entirely true Smile

Mac, and DD, will still have beta patches, but they will likely be later than the PC one.

We will be rolling out versions as soon as they are ready, and the Mac takes longer, and the DD ones will take longer still. We could wait, and delay all, but we'd rather get as many people trying the beta patch as soon as possible.

SI have said that their goal is to release simultaneous patches for all versions. This beta patch will be an exception.

Last edited by Sweed : 10-24-2007 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:35 PM   #150
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Beta Patch will ONLY be for the CD version, not the digital download version per Marc D:

"No, doubt it. Digital versions will problably just have to wait for the final patch release."

If you look farther down the thread you will see where Miles replies to Marc in the post I quoted above that all versions will get the beta patch.