Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

The 2009 Video Game Thread

Figured it might be best to start this up because a lot of great games are coming out soon.

Skate 2 is due next week, and I plan on picking that up. The first Skate was a blast, and this one should be even better. Really has put Tony Hawks franchise to shame, though they haven't done much for their own cause since Underground 2 or whatever it was.

The MLB2k Manager game is out in two weeks I think. I for sure will rent that and see how it is.

Then in March .. The Show 09, which is a must get as it's the best baseball franchise around, and the game of the year, imo, Resident Evil 5 is due.

It's gonna be a lot of fun this year with RE5, God of War 3, Prototype, the Agency, etc.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Here's some info on The Show 09:

MLB '09: The Show includes the following improvements:[4]

Road to the Show 3.0: The new version of the popular mode includes an all-new steal and lead-off system, and more interaction with the player's coaches.

Franchise 2.0: Now includes salary arbitration, waiver transactions, September call-ups, and the 40-man roster.

New Yankee Stadium as it appears in-game.
Improved online play: Now includes flex scheduling to allow players to play out-of-order games, and Roster Vault option to allow gamers can create their own custom rosters and upload them online for other gamers to use.

Custom Music/Replays: Gamers will also be able to store their favorite songs to their PlayStation 3 and assign them to be played at various points in the game, including a batter's walk-up animation. Players may also create custom taunts.

Hotshot Fielding: The game now includes more dynamic fielder reactions and animations, as well as improved bare-handed flips.

Progressive Batting Performance: Player abilities can improve or regress depending on how the gamer plays.

Post Game/In Game Pitcher and Batter Analysis: Pitch Analysis is a breakdown of all the pitches thrown during the current game being played. Gamers will be able sort by pitcher, LHB or RHB, pitch type and result. This feature is also available for Batters, and the batter analysis allows for a breakdown of how a batter has performed based on LHP or RHP, Pitch Type, and result.

Pitch Grips: The game will accurately graphically reflect the pitch being thrown on the pitcher's hand, and will include 17 different pitch types including five fastball variations (four-seamer, two-seamer, cutter, splitter, sinker), five breaking pitches (10-4 curve, 12-6 curve, slider, slurve, screwball), four change-ups (straight, circle change-up, palmball, forkball), and three specialty pitches (knuckle, knuckle-curve, and the gyro).

SportsConnect Online User Tracking (SCOUT): SCOUT allows gamers to set their game preferences, store them on the server, and then allows the system to look for a Quick Match with an opponent that fits their criteria.

Live Sports Updates: Live MLB updates in-game, as well as SportsConnect Headline News.

Multi-Branch Fielding: Players can now take full control of fielders and break out of any animation in the process.

Adaptive Pitching Intelligence (API): Catchers will call the game based on individual strengths and weaknesses of each pitcher and analyze tendencies of batters.

Pitch Command System (PCS): Pitchers' abilities to throw a specific pitch change depending on how often the pitcher throws it.

Revamped Umpire Personalities: Umpire personalities have been tweaked further.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #3
Atocep
Coordinator

For PC gaming Dawn of War 2 is due out around March. For those that don't know, its essentially Company of Heroes in the Warhammer 40k setting. Multiplayer beta is free for download on the 28th of this month.

Dragon Age: Origins is also due out in March (Christmas 09 on consoles) and is a Bioware RPG. Nothing more really needs to be said.

Other games on my radar are Aliens: Colonial Marines (Q2), Champions Online (Q2), Blood Bowl (Q2), and World in Conflict: Soviet Assault (Q2),
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:01 AM   #4
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I'm looking forward to Empire: Total War. That's about it so far. Between that and my current games (Fable 2, Madden, NCAA 09, Civ IV, FM 2009) I'll be busy enough!
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Oh and how dare I forget Guitar Hero: Metallica?

Fuck I am pumped.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

What I'm looking forward to in the next few months, though time might prevent me from buying all these once they come out. Football Manager 09 is taking up plenty of my gaming time still:

Dragon Quest V: Chapters of the Chosen (DS - RPG)
Little King's Story (Wii - simulation/RPG)
New Play Control: Pikmin (Wii - strategy)
New Play Control: Mario Tennis (Wii - sports)
MadWorld (Wii - beat 'em up)
Pro Evolution Soccer 09 (Wii - sports)
Empire: Total War (PC - strategy)

As many Wii games in the first few months of 09 as I bought in all of 2008. Not much on the PS3 front for me personally, I might check out the Show again even though I liked Power Pros 2008 more last year. I'll wait for a PC port of Resident Evil 5, I don't like dual analog FPS/TPS.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I thought Dragon Age: Origins was due out in late January/early Feb on the computer? It is easily my most anticipated game of the year.

Edit: Nevermind, I see a date of March 23rd now.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-11-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:38 PM   #8
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
Pro Evolution Soccer 09 (Wii - sports)

I believe I will get this for my daughter and I, though I will have to pick up a classic controller if this is the game I am thinking of. The way to play this game on the Wii (once again if it's the game I am thinking of, which I think it is) just sounds really cool with two people.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:45 PM   #9
MrDNA
High School Varsity

The Wii Active game sounds like it might be a nice addition to the "fitness" genre. Don't know if I'm actually looking FORWARD to it, though...

Any tips on some more hotly anticipated Wii games for '09?
MrDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:53 PM   #10
MJ4H
Coordinator

TMNT (team that worked on Brawl is working on a TMNT fighting game). I'm looking forward to a game called Infinite Space. Also looking forward to Klonoa and Wii Sports Resort.

Probably the biggest one most people are looking forward to is The Conduit, which is an FPS that is supposed to really push the hardware and have online and all that jazz. There's also things like Mad World, Monster Hunter 3, Punch-Out, Red Steel 2, Sin and Punishment 2, and Sonic and the Black Knight.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:14 PM   #11
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Blood Bowl in June for me
Old 01-11-2009, 04:33 PM   #12
AgustusM
College Prospect

Games I will get first day

OOTP 10

Faceoff Hockey 2008

Draft Day Sports Basketball 2

DDS Football

Games I will give a chance
MLB 2k Manager Game
MLB 2k 2010
NBA Live 2010
EA NHL 2010
EA March Madness 2010
DDS Baseball

Games I would like to see, and would buy no matter what but who knows if they will be made:

FOF 2009
Bowl Bound 2
TCY 2
Head Coach 2010

Games I will probably buy in the off chance they are good

Madden
EA NCAA 10

from my list it is pretty obvious my gaming is sports sim focused. Looks like a year where we are going to get a lot of baseball titles, but not much yet announced in football which is too bad, because for me OOTP 9 is already so much of what I want a game to be, but all available football titles are dated and fall short.
AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:05 PM   #13
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
I believe I will get this for my daughter and I, though I will have to pick up a classic controller if this is the game I am thinking of. The way to play this game on the Wii (once again if it's the game I am thinking of, which I think it is) just sounds really cool with two people.

Yeah, new for this year's version is the ability for two people to play co-op, one pointing to aim their passes and shots with the IR pointer on the Wiimote while the other uses a classic controller for a more traditional experience.

PES 2008 on the Wii was a really good first effort, the second one should be great without the quirky defensive controls and the addition of IR shot aiming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H
TMNT (team that worked on Brawl is working on a TMNT fighting game). I'm looking forward to a game called Infinite Space. Also looking forward to Klonoa and Wii Sports Resort.

Probably the biggest one most people are looking forward to is The Conduit, which is an FPS that is supposed to really push the hardware and have online and all that jazz. There's also things like Mad World, Monster Hunter 3, Punch-Out, Red Steel 2, Sin and Punishment 2, and Sonic and the Black Knight.

The 1:1 swordfighting in Wii Sports Resort looks fun as hell, can't wait for that. Infinite Space sounds cool as well.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:05 PM   #14
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I am looking forward to "Dawn of War II" and "Blood Bowl." I have plenty of games to hold me over til then thanks to my post-Christmas buying spree on Steam.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:20 PM   #15
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

So having finished Mirror's Edge, I can say the thing I hated the most about it was the fact it is kind of short. Good thing I took it slow or I would have been done with it before New Years. I wanted to stretch it out though since the wife got it for a present, even though I knew it should have been just a rental. The aiming/shooting isn't the smoothest either, but liveable.

So who gives good value for trade ins? I am going to check with Hastings, which I am sure most people don't have by them. They have a big used game section.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:02 PM   #16
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Must-haves:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Rock Band: Beatles

Wait and see:

Resident Evil 5 (only because I don't play 1-player games much...but this game will be amazing)
NCAA Football 2010

Dreaming about:

TCY 2

A lot remains to be seen about this year. I'm sure I'll end up buying 10 games or so like I do every year. Who knows what it will be though. The must-haves are two games I'm crapping my pants about almost a year in advance
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:07 PM   #17
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
Must-haves:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Wait and see:

Resident Evil 5 (only because I don't play 1-player games much...but this game will be amazing)
NCAA Football 2010

Dreaming about:

TCY 2

A lot remains to be seen about this year. I'm sure I'll end up buying 10 games or so like I do every year. Who knows what it will be though. The must-haves are two games I'm crapping my pants about almost a year in advance

RE 5 will have co-op, offline and online. MUST GET
Old 01-11-2009, 11:12 PM   #18
Radii
Head Coach

I'm looking forward to Empire: Total War more than any game in years.

NCAA10 and a few other console games I'll keep my eye on but only one game i'm definitely buying.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:49 AM   #19
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Haven't seen Killzone 2 or Infamous mentioned.

Killzone 2 is getting excellent feedback from the beta community. Hopefully they don't have any SOCOM-like online problems on release. If the release is clean, it should sell very well.

Infamous reminds me of Crackdown. Will be interesting to see how it fares.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #20
RedHawk00
H.S. Freshman Team

mental note: buy new computer that can handle many of these suggestions. I am now really excited about Dragon Age: Origins. I am a big Bioware fan after BG II, NWN, and both KOTOR's
RedHawk00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:19 PM   #21
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

Just as a heads-up, Harmonix are doing a Beatles game, but it isn't necessarily Rock Band related.

If you're just calling it that for simplicity's sake, cool, but don't get your hopes up on the Beatles catalog showing up in, specifically, Rock Band form.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:32 PM   #22
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Dawn of War 2

Infamous

Ghostbusters

Stargate Worlds (although, I don't hold high hopes for it plus, with Cheyenne Mountain's current issues, probably will get canned... still, I'm a Stargate fan so I'll give it a chance)

This is Vegas - Is Dawgfan still on this project?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #23
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
This is Vegas - Is Dawgfan still on this project?
Yep!
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #24
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

UFC 2009 - looking forward to see how this is

NHL 10 - the last version won me back

Madden 10 - enjoying the 09 version so far, but just started messing with it

Head Coach 10 - Hope some improvements continue to be made (tired of my starting QB getting injured on kickoff coverage)

FOF 2009 - Please, please, please...

TCY 2 - or Please, please, please

Brothers in Arms 4 - whatever the subtitle, I would LOVE to see the next one come out this year as they hit the Battle of the Bulge

FBCB2 - Please, please, please

I know there are others that are either coming out or I would love to see come out (as I have noted some already ) but they are not on the top of my head at the moment.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #25
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Dreaming about:

TCY 2
Yep. Seriously Jim, there have been 3 revisions to FOF since TCY came out. Can you throw us college football junkies a bone and make a TCY 2? We're dying here...
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #26
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Just as a heads-up, Harmonix are doing a Beatles game, but it isn't necessarily Rock Band related.

If you're just calling it that for simplicity's sake, cool, but don't get your hopes up on the Beatles catalog showing up in, specifically, Rock Band form.

It's for simplicity's sake Honestly, what I expect is a Rock Band game with a fleshed-out story mode of how the Beatles came & went. No matter what, it's going to be amazing, even for us casual Beatles fans.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:54 PM   #27
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

You guys are all fools, this year will suck for games.

hxxp://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-10132435-17.html?tag=TOCmoreStories.0

Quote:
If 2008 was the Year of Gaming, 2009 will be just the opposite. At least, that's what Lionhead Studios' Peter Molyneux said he believes in a recent interview with the BBC.
Speaking to reporters, Molyneux said he thinks 2009's upcoming game releases are "all looking a bit dry...All the triple-A titles came out this Christmas, and while there is stuff in 2010 we can look forward to, off the top of my head, I cannot think of anything next year that really excites me."
Off the top of my head, I can think of a few upcoming games that excite me: Halo 3: ODST Killzone 2, Halo Wars, BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams, and Resident Evil 5. But besides those, after looking at the upcoming release calendars for the three major consoles, as well as the Nintendo DS and Sony's PlayStation Portable, I have to agree with Molyneux.
But maybe my skepticism is rooted in the fact that 2008 was such a great year for gaming. It was the year that was headlined by a slew of great titles, such as Fable 2, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, and Grand Theft Auto IV. Most importantly, it was the year that saw gaming increase in popularity by an astounding rate.
In comparison, 2009 is shaping up to be an incredibly dull year for gaming.
Out of the hundreds of titles that will hit store shelves, did you notice that I was only able to pick a handful out of the bunch about which I'm really excited? The rest are either derivative games that will offer little value to the gamer or are unknown titles that could set a new standard or fall flat. Based on the information available for most of those games, I'm guessing the latter will be the most likely result.
But if we step away from games for a moment, what else can we really get excited about in gaming? I doubt any of the console makers will announce follow-up hardware this year, and unless Sony decides to drop the price of its PS3, don't expect any changes in the sales of the three major consoles.
We might see a DS and PSP redesign during 2009, which would make some happy, and surely one title will make its way to the PC that will captivate audiences the way Crysis did during 2008. And maybe the iPhone will play a bigger role in gaming, thanks to the App Store and its relative popularity.
But is that really all that we can look forward to? Just one year ago, we were looking down the barrel of what would become, arguably, the greatest year in gaming. It saw the Wii take off, a slew of games receive high marks from most major reviewers, and a couple titles set new standards in the market. Meanwhile, more people became gamers, and the video game industry itself made an even better case that it's the logical replacement for film as the chosen form of entertainment for millions of people across the globe.
Although 2009 will probably see an increase in gaming's popularity (largely thanks to the Wii), it's not shaping up to be a memorable year for those who are already gamers. With just a handful of possibly exciting games, no prospect of hardware changes, and a slew of derivative titles, 2009 looks as if it might be a gaming year that's best forgotten.
Obviously, I hope that won't be true. But so far, I'm looking forward to 2010.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:55 PM   #28
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Dola- damn, it didn't put spacing between paragraphs. Sorry but I am not going back to edit it as much as it bugs me.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:16 PM   #29
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dola- damn, it didn't put spacing between paragraphs. Sorry but I am not going back to edit it as much as it bugs me.

I find that if you copy stuff from a webpage that has spaces but doesn't when you paste it to FOFC, there's a way around this. Open up notepad and paste it there- the spaces will usually show up- then select all and paste to FOFC and they will show up.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:25 PM   #30
RedHawk00
H.S. Freshman Team

The current financial crisis could also play into release dates of many of the titles... Every day you hear of more and more companies cutting back, that can only slow down getting the product to market.
RedHawk00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #31
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
You guys are all fools, this year will suck for games.

hxxp://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-10132435-17.html?tag=TOCmoreStories.0

Really surprised that this author was so disconnected with the industry rumors around price cuts. The $100 PS3 price cut in March/April is all but a given at this point and there are lots of indicators from both retailers and analysts that a price cut on the 360 Pro and Elite models may also come to combat the PS3 price drop.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #32
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Well, I am not a diehard console gamer, though I become so for certain games I guess if I like them. With that said I think this guy is pretty off in his thinking. Just hearing some of the games brought up here I am excited about a couple games, and I feel this guy would just brush them off. I can't think of how I would label it, uninformed, perhaps casual gamer, something else, but he doesn't bring up games like MLB The Show '09 or other games mentioned here lots of people are looking forward to.

That is why I posted it though, with the wink. I think it's kind of a crap article.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:40 PM   #33
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I find that if you copy stuff from a webpage that has spaces but doesn't when you paste it to FOFC, there's a way around this. Open up notepad and paste it there- the spaces will usually show up- then select all and paste to FOFC and they will show up.

SI

Good tip.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:07 PM   #34
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
That is why I posted it though, with the wink. I think it's kind of a crap article.

I agree. I just get annoyed with what is passed off as reporting anymore. The standard on some of these sites has dropped dramatically.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #35
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Well, I am not a diehard console gamer, though I become so for certain games I guess if I like them. With that said I think this guy is pretty off in his thinking. Just hearing some of the games brought up here I am excited about a couple games, and I feel this guy would just brush them off. I can't think of how I would label it, uninformed, perhaps casual gamer, something else, but he doesn't bring up games like MLB The Show '09 or other games mentioned here lots of people are looking forward to.

2009 will have as many good games as 2008 imo. If the only noteworthy games were the ones in his article I'd probably have to find a new hobby.
The dude lists five games, four of which are shooters and the one that isn't still has Halo in the title.

The mainstream gaming press doesn't have the same love for sports and strategy games that many on FOFC do.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #36
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Brutal Legend - maybe

Deus Ex 3 - Hellz yeah!!!!

I Am Alive - maybe
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:37 PM   #37
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

Starcraft 2 is still slated for an '09 release isn't it? Any Final Fantasy games due out this year?
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #38
Ironhead
College Prospect

Not sure if it will squeak in as 2009 release but I am looking forward to Diablo 3.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #39
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I'll be surprised if either Starcraft or Diablo arrive in 2009.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:34 PM   #40
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
I'll be surprised if either Starcraft or Diablo arrive in 2009.

I think the first chapter of Starcraft 2 will make it this year. Beta testing started this month so a summer release isn't out of the question. I'm interested in hearing if they expect people to pay full price for each chapter.

If they hit the summer release for Starcraft I wouldn't be shocked to see Diablo get a holiday release.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:02 PM   #41
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

What is the deal with Skate 2? I thought it came out yesterday. I stopped by Hastings coming home from jury duty just a bit ago to trade in Mirror's Edge and pick up Skate 2, but they didn't have it out. I ask the employee nearby and she said she remember's a company email about it that said it was kicked back to release tomorrow. I get home and search it and everything I see says it is supposed to be out today. I am confused.

Either way, I rented a blu-ray movie and have to go back there tomorrow so I guess I should be able to pick it up then whenever it is actually released.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:11 PM   #42
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I read somewhere (Kotaku, I think) that "Dawn of War II" is actually be released a week earlier than anticipated. That's pretty sweet news. I believe that will be my birthday present to myself. I am very generous that way.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 01-21-2009, 12:15 PM   #43
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I read somewhere (Kotaku, I think) that "Dawn of War II" is actually be released a week earlier than anticipated. That's pretty sweet news. I believe that will be my birthday present to myself. I am very generous that way.

I have a birthday in 9 months .. Does this generousty spread to fellow 248'ers?
Old 01-21-2009, 12:20 PM   #44
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Champions MMORPG is definitely going to get a look from me.
Also, I hope something happens with Brutal Legend, as it looks quite promising.
I'm also looking forward to the new Puzzlequest game.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:43 PM   #45
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Picked up Skate 2 on PS3 a few hours ago. Went to Hastings and almost walked out without asking, all confused, when I didn't see it out. I asked though because I know it should have been out today at the latest. They had it in the back.

I never played Skate, so the controls are taking some getting used to. I love the game so far though and can tell this was a value purchase (lots of playing time in the future). I loved the opening scene in career mode, which I didn't start until an hour of free skating.

If you like skating games, or even not, so far I highly recommend this game. Having a blast.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:17 PM   #46
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I was late to pick up Skate, and I really got a ton of playtime out of that game, I'm looking forward to picking up the 2nd one, once I wear out the first, in the near future.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:26 PM   #47
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post

The beta is available now for anyone who owns Soulstorm. I'm getting ready to fire it up now. (For those who don't have DoW: Soulstorm it's on sale for $7.50 on Steam right now.) I never got into Dawn of War much but I really loved Company of Heroes. Anxious to try this out although the early impressions have been mixed at best.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:22 PM   #48
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I needed to come back and post that Skate 2 is not perfect. I am guessing that walking around was not really something you could do in the first one? I know there is a line from a guy that suggests that. Either way, walking around could use some work. There are times when you need to walk, and move things around. It just is not the smoothest thing in the world. It actually got annoying to me earlier when I needed to move a ramp. Still a great game so far despite this though.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:02 PM   #49
bhlloy
Coordinator

If Deus Ex 3 is half as good as Deus Ex, it will be the best game in years. Stoked about that. Not sure if it is on target for a 2009 release, sounds like a small development team that hasn't released a lot of information yet.

I will buy NCAA 10 for the online gameplay, and any sports text sims that come out. Other than that will probably be rent and see. Nothing else really catches my eye the way that Fallout, GOW 2 and GTA4 did last year.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:36 AM   #50
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calis View Post
The beta is available now for anyone who owns Soulstorm. I'm getting ready to fire it up now. (For those who don't have DoW: Soulstorm it's on sale for $7.50 on Steam right now.) I never got into Dawn of War much but I really loved Company of Heroes. Anxious to try this out although the early impressions have been mixed at best.

Let me know what you think.