Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-19-2009, 07:36 PM   #251
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Anybody else having a hell of a time with the buffering for the Nova-American game on MMOD, or is it just me?

EDIT: Nm, probably should have refreshed before posting

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 03-19-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:39 PM   #252
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I just turned on the Nova game... three good defensive sets in a row for Nova. American looks somewhat overmatched, but we'll see.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #253
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

AJ Abrahms just went on a sick run
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:44 PM   #254
Butter
Coordinator

Well, at least Clemson has a good class coming in next year. They are done, they have shown no heart this year in games when they've been behind.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:45 PM   #255
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Raise your hand if you just nervously checked your brackets to see how far you have Villanova going

*raises hand* Elite Eight.... Here is to hoping American chokes
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #256
RainMaker
General Manager

They just switched us over to the America-Villanova game. I really hate giving teams home court advantage in the tournament.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #257
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

That white guy on the bench for Nova needs to calm down after each bucket.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:48 PM   #258
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

With all thats going on no one has mentioned Gonzaga down by 3 at the half
Old 03-19-2009, 07:49 PM   #259
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
They just switched us over to the America-Villanova game. I really hate giving teams home court advantage in the tournament.

yeah but it's hard to not given the economy and all. They also want to make it eaiser for people to travel so they don't have empty arenas
Old 03-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #260
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

One of my math classes I teach is doing a project on the bracket. They had to do research on each team and then make an educated decision on which team would win each game by use of statistics. Of course my males filled out their bracket before doing any research, and they all have Memphis losing to Maryland/California in the second round.

Being married to GoldenEagle has converted me to a hardcore Memphis fan, so I have them winning it all in one bracket and losing to Louisville in my other. So today in class I turned on the TV and we watched the games all day. My students were giving me such hell when Memphis was struggling.

Even though I have no money riding on any of these games, I will face massive embarrassment in class next week if my students have a better bracket than me, and even more humiliation if Memphis loses before the Final Four!

Oh and BTW I am 5 for 8 right now so I really am sucking it up
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #261
Tigercat
College Starter

Even though I have Nova winning this game(who didn't?) I have UCLA making a nice run in my bracket, so a loss here wouldn't be a bracketbuster. So either way it will be a nice outcome to watch, good game so far.

Last edited by Tigercat : 03-19-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #262
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
What has the general attitude been towards Oliver Purnell at Clemson? Anybody here familiar with Clemson basketball? I used to watch him when I was younger at Dayton and he loved there. I remember a lot of general sadness when he left.

See next comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
I went to Dayton, and my wife went to Clemson. I was sad when he left UD, but felt he would get Clemson back to respectability, and he has done that. If he loses in the NCAA's this year, it will be 2 back-to-back 1st round NCAA exits so there will be a bit of grumbling, but all in all, football is 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at Clemson, so he has a bit more leeway than a coach at a more even-keeled school would have. Just getting Clemson ranked on a regular basis is probably good enough for most at the school. He has a long term contract at Clemson, the fans seem to like him, and he seems to like the fans, so I think he will probably close out his career there.

I think you actually under sell his affinity. Most here are ready to Saint him, he pretty much has the proverbial free pass at this point. Even as the team has struggled down the stretch and spending large parts of each day listening to Clemson sports talk radio I have yet to hear a single call bashin OP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmynausea View Post
It seems like Clemson always peaks a couple of months too early, limps into the tournament and then absolutely implodes once they get there. Michigan is shooting so well, though, it may not have mattered what Clemson did.

I think there is some truth here and explainably so, but it is important to remember that last year wwas the first time in a decade Clemson had been to the NCAA...so to say they always implode is a bit of a stretch. Before last year their last tourney run was a Sweet sixteen appearance with Rick Barnes as the coach.

That said we press 35+ minutes a game, and only have a handful of talented players. We wear ourselves out. That is changing though, as more and more talent is brought in by Purnell the future is bright.

In the history of recruiting rankings, Clemson has never had a 5 star player but have 2 coming in next year. So the talent level is improving and having more capable bodies will allow more rest per game and prevent the late season fatigue.

+++++

Edit this is absolutely horse shit.
If we had known this crap we could have brought CJ Spiller and De'Quan Bowers...had no idea it was a football game.
You toss a player for throwing an elbow when his opponent has two handsful of his jersey and his pulling him down, yet two players of ours get busted open and neither draws a foul.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:55 PM   #263
RainMaker
General Manager

Does that commercial where the guy smacks the guy next to him with a cake knife in the calf bother anyone else? I have to change it when I see it, that noise of it hitting the bone makes me cringe everytime.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #264
RainMaker
General Manager

Gonzaga is just not playing defense at all. Surprised with so many seniors they have come out so lax.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:00 PM   #265
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Um.. My CBS didn't really just go from a four point possible 14 seed upset to a 10 point 7-10 matchup did they?
Old 03-19-2009, 08:01 PM   #266
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Nm. They must have realized their mistake
Old 03-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #267
SackAttack
Head Coach

I don't think I could ever watch the tournament on TV again - the online feeds don't cut away to different games.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:04 PM   #268
DeToxRox
Head Coach

It's remarkable what Michigan has done this year with two walk on's as our PG's, and two kids no one really recruited (Douglass and Novak) playing significant minutes.

Next year with top 75 PG Darius Morris coming in, plus top 150 shooter Matt Vogrich, who Sporting News named their best pure shooter for 2009 and two 3* bigs, plus apparently Manny and Sims coming back, things are gonna be looking up.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:05 PM   #269
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
I don't think I could ever watch the tournament on TV again - the online feeds don't cut away to different games.

I really enjoy the online feed.

Play poker in 2 windows, the game in one and the game on TV.

ADD heaven
Old 03-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #270
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Dola, should Michigan pull this out, they better sure up their defense in the paint. Clemson has missed way too many easy shots down there, and Blake Griffin won't.

But it's only a 9 point game with plenty of time left so anything can happen.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:07 PM   #271
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post

You sure about that? I have the directv package and I think it does go to close endings in previous years. There just haven't been any all day. Maybe it doesn't anymore but I am not certain of this.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:09 PM   #272
Butter
Coordinator

The shots American was pulling out of their ass early just aren't going down any more.

And it doesn't help that that one dick referee is hopping around like a jackrabbit on every turnover call. Incite the crowd much?

Last edited by Butter : 03-19-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:10 PM   #273
DeToxRox
Head Coach

There is why Manny Harris needs to come back. Still very careless with the ball. I like Clemson's chances with not much time left. Michigan is very young and inexperienced and has been stymied at times by the press.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:15 PM   #274
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Clemson is doing a good job of getting turnovers but they need some baskets
Old 03-19-2009, 08:15 PM   #275
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
The shots American was pulling out of their ass early just aren't going down any more.

And it doesn't help that that one dick referee is hopping around like a jackrabbit on every turnover call. Incite the crowd much?

Was a nice game for them though and they made it interesting. I had money on Villanova -15 so I wasn't too happy with how Nova played. On a neutral court I bet America hangs on to that lead and pulls off an upset.

Last edited by RainMaker : 03-19-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:16 PM   #276
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Wow. Novak with a tough luck miss there.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:18 PM   #277
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

We dont deserve to win this game...but Ill celebrate all the same if we do.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:18 PM   #278
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Michigan giving it away it looks like.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:19 PM   #279
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Michigan needs the Heimlich maneuver.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:20 PM   #280
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Big play by Manny Fresh.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:20 PM   #281
adubroff
High School JV

Once he gets that deep, if Harris is gonna shoot, just let him. There's a ton of time left, no reason to give him three. If he scores two there it's a one possesion game.
adubroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #282
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Manny Harris with a huge shot only 15 seconds into the shot clock with a 1 pt lead. LOL He's lucky that paid off nicely.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #283
spleen1015
Coordinator

A couple of good games tonight. This is what the tourney should be.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:24 PM   #284
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

terrible last possesion
Old 03-19-2009, 08:24 PM   #285
RainMaker
General Manager

The Michigan -Clemson has been a close game, I wouldn't call it a good one though. That is some of the worst basketball I've seen in the tournament in years.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #286
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It's weird to hear the Michigan fight song in March
Old 03-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #287
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I wish one of these games had been in the opening set

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #288
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

clusterf*** of a last possession for Clemson
Old 03-19-2009, 08:27 PM   #289
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Nova out safely and the Zags starting to pull away a little

Those are two teams I really need in my brackets as they are "backstops" for other teams falling (as I think Duke will lose and I'd like to see UNC lose- Gonzaga is the big "gamble" in my bracket which, frankly, I think of more as a gamble against Lawson's foot as much as for Gonzaga).

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:27 PM   #290
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Are there really that many good games in the first round or do we just have good memories of a couple of games? I think the #1's, 2's, and 3's almost always win big.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #291
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I love American continuing to foul. 15 point cover is possible!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #292
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

time for Binghampton to pull of the upset!

Errr.....

Big 10 2-1 so far. Illinois and Western Kentucky should be a decent game to watch along with VCU and UCLA.. I could give a rats ass about the other two.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:30 PM   #293
Butter
Coordinator

Clemson didn't need a 3 there, and Michigan was overplaying the 3 the entire final minute, so take the 2 and hope for a missed FT with 7 seconds or so left. Bad coaching if that was the plan, for Rivers to take a highly contested 3. Everyone knew he was going to take the shot, and he completely missed it. That'll haunt him forever which is too bad, he was a really good player in his CU career.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:30 PM   #294
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
I love American continuing to foul. 15 point cover is possible!!!

If they run down the floor and miss another three I doubt they foul. be funny if they did.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #295
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I cannot believe Michigan won. I have to pinch myself. Prior to this the last time I saw them play in March was when I was 13 so this is all even better for me because of the appreciation I have for it. I think OU will smoke us if we can't hit shots and slow up Griffin but I'm going to enjoy it.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #296
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Clemson didn't need a 3 there, and Michigan was overplaying the 3 the entire final minute, so take the 2 and hope for a missed FT with 7 seconds or so left. Bad coaching if that was the plan, for Rivers to take a highly contested 3. Everyone knew he was going to take the shot, and he completely missed it. That'll haunt him forever which is too bad, he was a really good player in his CU career.
They were out of time outs....it takes 5 seconds to travel the floor.
If you dont fould in 2 seconds you lose....if they even get the ball in bounds...

yeah a 3 was a must
Old 03-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #297
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
If they run down the floor and miss another three I doubt they foul. be funny if they did.

I think they will foul here. I love it. Never understood why you would give up. Of course I also want a cover!
Old 03-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #298
Butter
Coordinator

Akron and American really had shots to win, if they weren't playing FUCKING ROAD GAMES.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:35 PM   #299
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I think that's cutting it juuuust a bit too close. I mean, they couldn't get any shot off until just a few seconds before the buzzer. Plus, with no TO's, that would probably force it to be a Laettner miracle.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:35 PM   #300
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Akron and American really had shots to win, if they weren't playing FUCKING ROAD GAMES.

How about Siena tomorrow? Have a great year, end up in an 8-9 game and then have to play a road game against Ohio State.

The system is a fuckin joke. Just give the teams you want to move on byes for christ sake.