Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #151
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
I am scared to think they might actually dress Satan.

This post at HF cracked me up...

HFBoards - View Single Post - Round 1: Philadelphia Flyers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins - Take 2

WOW

Come on you know better than that...it would take me about 2 minutes to find a dumb comment by Pens fan.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:49 PM   #152
Logan
Head Coach

Not a bad deflection by Parise.

edit: and tied about 8 seconds later.

Last edited by Logan : 04-19-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #153
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
Come on you know better than that...it would take me about 2 minutes to find a dumb comment by Pens fan.

I assume you are walking away from your monitor for the first 1:50
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:08 PM   #154
Logan
Head Coach

Hahaha nice backpedaling Clarkson.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:12 PM   #155
Pyser
Pro Rookie

dear god carolina announcers are horrible. they just claimed a play was stopped for a two line pass. awesome.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:46 PM   #156
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
dear god carolina announcers are horrible. they just claimed a play was stopped for a two line pass. awesome.

Haven't heard one of those in a few years.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #157
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Kunitz hit discussed earlier

YouTube - Chris Kunitz blasts Kimmo Timonen and Crosby begs for penalty

I know this was discussed in the regular season thread as well. The idea that even a clean hit on a star player must be followed up with a fight is nuts. If there is ever a time to call the instigator, this (both Hartnell here and any time it happens) is it. CALL IT! If Hartnell and other guys still feel the need to stick up for a teammate, fine. But accept the additional 2 mins.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:39 PM   #158
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

The last part of the title of the youtube clip explains it all. Seriously SR do you not believe that Matt Cooke or any other Pen would not do the same?
Old 04-19-2009, 08:45 PM   #159
samifan24
Pro Starter

I missed the Bruins game last night because I went to the Harry Kalas service and Phillies game but what happened with Bergeron? How did he get in a fight? And Lucic? Seriously he needs to calm down.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:03 PM   #160
Bad-example
College Starter

Sharks-Ducks starting in a bit. Hate the long wait between games one and two.

Always jazzed to see these two teams play. They are like mirror images of each other.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:07 PM   #161
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
The last part of the title of the youtube clip explains it all. Seriously SR do you not believe that Matt Cooke or any other Pen would not do the same?

Then why have the instigator?

Have Penguins players done it? Sure. And the call should be made there too.

Maybe after teams give up a goal on the PP a few times, it will stop happening.

As for Crosby wanting the call-- Staal and Carter have already been called for less.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #162
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Good start for the Ducks. Ryan converts his own rebound.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:36 PM   #163
Pyser
Pro Rookie

man, parise is special
Old 04-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #164
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
man, parise is special

great win.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:46 PM   #165
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Sharks about to go 4 periods without a goal. Hiller is playing well, though.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:47 PM   #166
TheNorm
Mascot

The Ducks are looking scary right now...so glad the Sharks drew them instead of the Wings.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:53 PM   #167
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm View Post
The Ducks are looking scary right now...so glad the Sharks drew them instead of the Wings.

Heh...(DeTox? )

Seriously, though, long game to go, and the Sharks are a proven, dangerous squad. I like the start, but a one goal lead is nothing in today's NHL.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:59 PM   #168
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I'm torn on the Sharks/Ducks series, because each team has one of my personally most-hated NHL players. Chris Pronger from his days with St. Louis, and Claude Lemieux from back in the heyday of the Wings/Avs rivalry.
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 04-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #169
TheNorm
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Heh...(DeTox? )

Seriously, though, long game to go, and the Sharks are a proven, dangerous squad. I like the start, but a one goal lead is nothing in today's NHL.

Absolutely, although someone might want to tell Joe Thornton the playoffs started.

Game 1 looked like a bunch of Wings games I'd seen in the past: dominate for long stretches while their goaltender stands on his head, and then see the other team pot a couple of goals and lose.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #170
bhlloy
Coordinator

Hiller can't keep this up for another 2 periods. At some point, the Ducks have got to generate some more offense and keep the play at the other end. Not that I wouldn't have taken 1-0 at the end of the first period at the start of the game, but this has a 4 goal period by the Sharks written all over it.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:01 PM   #171
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
I'm torn on the Sharks/Ducks series, because each team has one of my personally most-hated NHL players. Chris Pronger from his days with St. Louis, and Claude Lemieux from back in the heyday of the Wings/Avs rivalry.

I say root for the Ducks. Pronger may be a bastard, but he's an in your face bastard like Scott Stevens who makes no apologies for being a big hitter and stands up for himself. Lemieux has always been a cheap shot artist who runs from a fight.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:14 PM   #172
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

And there goes the lead. Awful turnover (but still a good shot to get it in for San Jose).

Old 04-19-2009, 10:32 PM   #173
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I say root for the Ducks. Pronger may be a bastard, but he's an in your face bastard like Scott Stevens who makes no apologies for being a big hitter and stands up for himself. Lemieux has always been a cheap shot artist who runs from a fight.

i read that as root for us because hes like that devil, not like that other devil.

but then again, im biased
Old 04-19-2009, 10:35 PM   #174
bhlloy
Coordinator

Not exactly an evenly called game here... Pronger gets two reputation minors and then Murray nails Selanne at the blue line with the puck nowhere near and no call. Not that we aren't used to it by now, had hoped the playoffs would be called a little more fairly.

Still no offense from the Ducks. No way they deserve to go back to SoCal 2-0up at this point. Hiller has been absolutely sick again.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:36 PM   #175
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i read that as root for us because hes like that devil, not like that other devil.

but then again, im biased

Ha! I couldn't stand Stevens, but I hated Lemieux far more.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:38 PM   #176
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Not exactly an evenly called game here... Pronger gets two reputation minors and then Murray nails Selanne at the blue line with the puck nowhere near and no call. Not that we aren't used to it by now, had hoped the playoffs would be called a little more fairly.

Still no offense from the Ducks. No way they deserve to go back to SoCal 2-0up at this point. Hiller has been absolutely sick again.

I tend to agree to all this. These are just stupid penalties (although the refs have made some questionable calls, too).

Wow, is San Jose on the PP, or are the Ducks right now? Nice save by Nabakov on Marchant up close.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:41 PM   #177
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Unbelievable. Another PP for San Jose.

How many times can they poke the Lion with a stick and avoid getting mauled?

Old 04-19-2009, 11:04 PM   #178
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Damn, the refs need to call a penalty on the Sharks, so it's not so obvious they have been bought.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 04-19-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:06 PM   #179
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

No six man on ice for Sharks. Ducks got called earlier for this. Exact same situation. These refs completely suck.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 04-19-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:07 PM   #180
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Certain teams get reputations for how they play. Anaheim has a reputation of being very undisciplined and the refs are quick to the whistle. It sucks it has to happen in playoff hockey, but it isn't surprising. I'd suspect this continues as long as they're in so prepare yourself for the ride.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:12 PM   #181
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Certain teams get reputations for how they play. Anaheim has a reputation of being very undisciplined and the refs are quick to the whistle. It sucks it has to happen in playoff hockey, but it isn't surprising. I'd suspect this continues as long as they're in so prepare yourself for the ride.

Are you watching the game? Rep is one thing. Straight highway robbery is another.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:16 PM   #182
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ebbett! The little man can play.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:17 PM   #183
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wow, great reactions by Ebbett. That was a weird goal. Sharks fans must think they're cursed.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:29 PM   #184
bhlloy
Coordinator

How... is that not a penalty on Cheecho. Just a freaking joke.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:29 PM   #185
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wow, what a blatant interference on Cheechoo prior to his goal. This is just comical now. Even if I weren't a Ducks fan, I think I would be rooting for them just to throw an FU at the refs.

Hope we can hold on.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 04-19-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:39 PM   #186
bhlloy
Coordinator

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS... most reverse lopsided 2-0 lead going into game 3 I've ever seen. Hiller for MVP!
Old 04-19-2009, 11:45 PM   #187
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS... most reverse lopsided 2-0 lead going into game 3 I've ever seen. Hiller for MVP!

Yeah, crazy good to get this one. The Ducks really had to work for it. They were on an 8-5 PK all game.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 04-19-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:57 PM   #188
kingfc22
Head Coach

Can we get a PP goal sometime this series...UGH
Old 04-20-2009, 12:06 AM   #189
yacovfb
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Can we get a PP goal sometime this series...UGH

Agreed...but that would probably require the captain to show up.
yacovfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:11 AM   #190
bhlloy
Coordinator

Marleau and Thornton showing up would be nice... and Nabakov needs to play like a playoff goalie as well. If the Sharks do go out in the first round this year (and I still think they have a better than 50% chance of advancing FWIW), surely it's time to build around a different core that might actually do something when it really matters instead of piling up stats in the regular season?

Just saw the Lucic suspension incident. If anyone can explain to me why that is worse than what Camalleri did... Bettman and Campbell aren't even trying to hide their agenda anymore. Complete disgrace. Hope they both die in a fire.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:15 AM   #191
bhlloy
Coordinator

DOLA - if I'm a Sharks fan, I'm 100x more disgusted with Thornton than I am with Marleau. Marleau is the kind of skill player who can disappear in the playoffs. Thornton on the other hand is 6'4, 230lbs+ and plays softer than Marleau does. It's actually funny to see how unwilling he is to go to the front of the net and get stuck in when there is a 50-50 puck and how fast he skates out of there once the pushing starts.

EDIT - wow Marleau is 6'2 220? In that fact, yeah maybe they both need to sack up a little...

Last edited by bhlloy : 04-20-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:15 AM   #192
kingfc22
Head Coach

Nabokov is now only 1 game over .500 in his career in the postseason.

Guy will need to have two suberb games for SJ to have a chance to even this series up.

Why Marleau and Thornton can't play like Clowe did tonight is beyond me.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:32 AM   #193
yacovfb
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Nabokov is now only 1 game over .500 in his career in the postseason.

I know playoff scoring is generally lower, but a career playoff save percentage of .916 and GAA of 2.18 ain't bad. He needs some goal support.
yacovfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:22 AM   #194
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I know I predicted SJ to win but this isn't very shocking. The Sharks are not battle tested and play tense. Mclellan is a great coach but he is working with a bunch of guys who honestly look scared out there. Anaheim is playing fantastic and really keeping SJ off their game.

The big difference between SJ and Detroit though is that Detroit's forwards are not pushed around like Marleau and Thornton have been in their playoff careers. It's crazy to see how bad they've looked.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:24 AM   #195
MikeVic
Head Coach

Haha. Nice pants Ovechkin!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ovechkinreceipt.JPG (235.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg ovechkinparty.JPG (168.7 KB, 16 views)
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:40 AM   #196
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I wanna know what a 'Teazers Egg Special' is.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 04-20-2009, 11:36 AM   #197
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcs...e_rangers.html

Last edited by Dr. Sak : 04-20-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:01 PM   #198
Logan
Head Coach

He's trying to figure out what this so-called "puck movement" is all about.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #199
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Won't he have plenty of opportunity to watch them all he wants in about three more days?
Old 04-20-2009, 12:24 PM   #200
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Ugh, Lucic suspended for tonights game. Shouldn't affect the. B's too much, but I love watching him play!
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote