Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-10-2009, 03:46 AM   #251
Mr. Sparkle
High School JV

I have never, ever, EVER seen Stephen Jackson play that unselfishly. Curious that it happens the day after his agent rips into Nelson! Any teams out there thinking about trading for him, don't fret, he's a total team player! Pretty transparent to anyone paying attention, but if it gets him out of here any faster, I'm all for it. And if he played with that mindset every game, I'd never want him to leave.

It's nice to know the Warriors aren't the worst team in the league, so there's that. And Nelson pretty much had to play Randolph with both Biedrins and Turiaf out. Craziest thing happened, too. He put up great numbers! Azubuike had another fantastic game. He's been their most consistent player so far. I still think they'd be an interesting team with a starting 5 of Ellis/Azubuike/Jackson/Randolph/Biedrins (when everyone's healthy). Nelson will never play two bigs who can't shoot, though. Well, not unless he absolutely has to. Hell, he's started Mikki Moore at C and Jackson at PF since Biedrins went down. We'll see if that continues since neither Biedrins or Turiaf seem like they'll be back anytime soon.

Next week we have the Cavs and the Celtics back to back, and on the road to boot. That'll be so exciting!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:46 AM   #252
whomario
Pro Starter

pretty wild night around the league

Suns beat the 76ers 119-115. Nash with 21/20. The first 20/20 Points/assist game since January 2006 (by him as well).
Turnovers a little high again but A/To ratio is ok, considering the type of pressure he applies and the type of passes he´s plays/has to play (on the season it´s now 13 assists and 4,5 Tos). Richardson is on fire right now, shooting at an ocean.
Suns 7-1.

Spurs beat Raptors 131-124 without Duncan and Parker. Manu has a big game with 36 points and 8 assists.

Warriors take the cake, scoring 146. 77 points from the bench. 22 steals as well.

not sure how i feel about this : McGrady planning Nov. 18 return - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

hope he buys into adelman´s schemes and learns how to move off the ball a bit more ...

Last edited by whomario : 11-10-2009 at 03:48 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:06 AM   #253
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

The Suns have been amazing.

Nash seems to have found the fountain of youth.

Interesting note about Channing Frye, in his first four seasons in the NBA (278 games), he hit 20 of 70 3pointers. In his first eight games with the Suns, he is 22 of 50 from three point land. Ridiculous.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:07 AM   #254
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
The Suns have been amazing.

Nash seems to have found the fountain of youth.

Interesting note about Channing Frye, in his first four seasons in the NBA (278 games), he hit 20 of 70 3pointers. In his first eight games with the Suns, he is 22 of 50 from three point land. Ridiculous.

yeah, i know. In a weird reversal, Shawn Marion has hit only 18 3s in 90 games since leaving Phoenix and none this year on only 4 attempts.

Gentry is now the 2nd coach giving Nash the free reign and it just creates such a great flow offensively that it is just incredible to watch. It´s like a motion offense combined with a dominant ballhandler if that makes any sense.
It´s not him doing sth and others waiting for him to hit them with a pass, it´s him starting a move and the other players making themselves available because they know he can hit them on the move and at the exact right moment. It´s unreal how many times each game he hits someone in motion for a wide open dunk or layup.

sorry for that, i´m just a big fan of his play ... Ig there´s one guy i would want to win a championship it´d be him propably because of his persona on and off the field and the way he plays.
Yeah, he can´t defend but not even that can be blamed on him nescessarily. He´s just ill-equiped on that end, the effort is there (and his team defense is good).

Grant Hill is averaging 8.6 boards through 8 games btw (in just 30 minutes).

The scary thing is that Stoudemire is playing really out of sync still, has no timing on his moves and seems to have blinders on instead of goggles so bad is his play recognition at times.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:31 AM   #255
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
yeah, i know. In a weird reversal, Shawn Marion has hit only 18 3s in 90 games since leaving Phoenix and none this year on only 4 attempts.

Gentry is now the 2nd coach giving Nash the free reign and it just creates such a great flow offensively that it is just incredible to watch. It´s like a motion offense combined with a dominant ballhandler if that makes any sense.
It´s not him doing sth and others waiting for him to hit them with a pass, it´s him starting a move and the other players making themselves available because they know he can hit them on the move and at the exact right moment. It´s unreal how many times each game he hits someone in motion for a wide open dunk or layup.

sorry for that, i´m just a big fan of his play ... Ig there´s one guy i would want to win a championship it´d be him propably because of his persona on and off the field and the way he plays.
Yeah, he can´t defend but not even that can be blamed on him nescessarily. He´s just ill-equiped on that end, the effort is there (and his team defense is good).

Grant Hill is averaging 8.6 boards through 8 games btw (in just 30 minutes).

The scary thing is that Stoudemire is playing really out of sync still, has no timing on his moves and seems to have blinders on instead of goggles so bad is his play recognition at times.

"I'm Steve Nash, bitch."

Old 11-10-2009, 10:12 PM   #256
RainMaker
General Manager

Bulls got fucked tonight.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:00 PM   #257
RainMaker
General Manager

Here is the shot in question. Backboard is not lit up yet. The initial call was good so they actually overturned the call after 10 minutes (league rules state they have 2 minutes to make a decision). Maybe Tim Donaghy still has some friends in the league.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:10 PM   #258
Groundhog
Coordinator

Was there .3 seconds on the clock? It could be due to that arbituary ".4 seconds for a catch-and-shoot" rule that gets thrown around.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:12 PM   #259
chadritt
High School Varsity

Theres an actual rule saying youre not allowed to shoot as quickly as youre able?
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:20 PM   #260
LloydLungs
College Prospect

I always thought if it was 0.3 or less you had to tip the ball in for it to count, but this game got me to research the rule. Apparently you have to tip it if it's LESS than 0.3. It's the Trent Tucker rule.

That's a great photo. This was the closest buzzer beater I can ever remember. Literally one frame his fingertips were touching the ball with no light, then the next frame the ball was out with the light on. There was pretty much no way to tell for sure via replay.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:22 PM   #261
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
That's a great photo. This was the closest buzzer beater I can ever remember. Literally one frame his fingertips were touching the ball with no light, then the next frame the ball was out with the light on. There was pretty much no way to tell for sure via replay.

If it's not certain, the call (or non-call) on the court should stand IMO. Bulls win.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:43 PM   #262
RainMaker
General Manager

You can do a catch and shoot with .3. The .4 rule is if there is a pivot included.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:53 PM   #263
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
The .4 rule is if there is a pivot included.

Don't forget the corollary "you can turn and do a full shooting motion shot as long as you're Derek Fisher and the Spurs' timekeeper is a dumbass."

You might not think that corollary would come into play too often, but it has yes, oh yes it has.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:37 AM   #264
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The Cavs schedule kind of sucks. Play a back to back. Then they were off 4 days. Now they have another b2b @Orlando/@Miami. Then another day off. Then @utah.

By the end of November they'll have 7 b2b games in, with only 8 left the rest of the season.

Then again, maybe this will give Shack time to get his fat worthless ass into some kind of shape. And he could possibly contribute to the offense.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:42 AM   #265
stevew
Hall Of Famer

dola-
I never realized Turd Fu missed an average of 15 games/season throughout his career.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:51 AM   #266
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
dola-
I never realized Turd Fu missed an average of 15 games/season throughout his career.

I did! I did!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:17 AM   #267
RainMaker
General Manager

That's actually not that bad considering his massive size. Most guys that size miss longer stretches. He has done a good job of always being available for the playoffs.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:03 AM   #268
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Hmm, very close call.

Was the ball still in his hands?

Old 11-11-2009, 05:06 AM   #269
RainMaker
General Manager

That's a tough angle, the picture I posted above is the best shot and clearly shows the ball out of his hands in time. It was a bad call and should never have been reversed. NBA continues on with their fine tradition of officiating.

There was also another atrocious call in the final minute. Loose ball and Nene held Deng's leg while he was going for the ball. Ball went out of bounds. Ref was standing right there and everyone in the stadium clearly saw it (Deng jerked backwards when he was grabbed). This led to a huge bucket for the Nuggets.

There was some other stuff that affected both teams. The travelling violations on both teams was bizarre and they went from calling the game real touchy to letting anything go at times. Completely inconsistent. While the bad call at the end of the game cost the Bulls the most, both teams got shafted throughout the game and it was one of the poorer officiated games I've been to in years (been to probably 100 over the last 3-4 years).

The other thing that did piss me off a bit was it took 10 minutes to review the last shot. Completely took all the air out of the crowd and most people just wanted a call one way or the other so they could go home. If it takes 10 minutes to review a call, the call on the court should probably stand.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:13 AM   #270
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
If it takes 10 minutes to review a call, the call on the court should probably stand.

While I disagree with you on whether this shot was good, I agree wholeheartedly with this statement.

I have gone from thinking replay was a no brainer to hating it. The NFL system has made officials eunuchs, afraid to make a call on the field and be wrong on replay. Nobody applies the standard of reversing "indisputable" calls (of which last night's clearly does not qualify). Tennis, they look at a fictionalized account of the call.

I think if sports are going to use replay, they should be able to view the play twice. If they don't see enough to overturn it, move on.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #271
MikeVic
Head Coach

I didn't know what you guys were talking about with the Bulls/Nuggets until this morning.

I thought it was bullshit that Fisher "got his shot off" with 0.4 seconds left, so I think it's bullshit that someone gets a shot off with 0.3 seconds left. Unless you do some kind of inbound volley shot, it's impossible.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #272
TroyF
Coordinator

The shot wasn't good. the backboard in the back did not light up correctly. (you can see this on virtually every replay of the game. In fact, the two pictures in this thread show that. . . the ball was out by a two feet in your picture and the other light wasn't on, it was clearly closer in the second shot with the light being on) The shot was NOT out of his hands. the Denver feed had it perfect and you could clearly see the ball on his fingers with the backboard light on.

As for the reffing, I thought it was equally garbage for both teams. Chauncey had a layup go off the backboard and then blocked that was not called a GT. Chauncey was mugged two possessions prior to the final shot without a call. On the huge shot the Bulls hit to tie the game, Kenyon Martin was held by Noah which allowed Hinrich to get the rebound. (in fact, i think it's the play you were talking about with Nene. Martin gets mugged, the ball gets tipped out, Nene grabs Miller, Hinrich ends up with the ball, somehow no foul is called on either team resulting in Salmons getting a wide open three pointer that he hit to tie the game up. Every single thing in that possession went the Bulls way, if they'd called the foul on Nene, it is two shot and Denver still has the lead at the end of the possession.)

Travels were horrible. The Nuggets attacked the hoop all night long and didn't get any calls for it. (beat the Bulls in the paint 46-34, yet only shot 5 more FT for the game)

I don't care how long replay takes, get the call right. The right call was made on the final shot. Denver wins.

Bulls play in Denver in 11 days, they'll have their shot for revenge.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:35 PM   #273
TroyF
Coordinator

One last note on the Bulls -

They are a much better team than I thought they were. They need Rose to attack the basket more. He was mainly a jump shooter last night and did well. . . but their inside game is essentially rebounding a miss and putting it back in. I know they don't have a true post presence, but with that being the case, they need to play some pick and roll dives at the basket. If they have an off night with the jump shot, they can be beat by any team in this league. (assuming the style I watched them play with last night is an accurate portrayal)

Also, I've said this before, but I love Ty Lawson. I'm fully convinced he's going to be a star in this league.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #274
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post

Also, I've said this before, but I love Ty Lawson. I'm fully convinced he's going to be a star in this league.

I'm a huge believer in Ty Lawson and expressed that in the draft thread. I thought he was the 2nd best player behind Griffin. Denver got an absolute steal with him and he should be the starting PG and possible all star in 2 years.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:32 PM   #275
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
One last note on the Bulls -

They are a much better team than I thought they were. They need Rose to attack the basket more. He was mainly a jump shooter last night and did well. . . but their inside game is essentially rebounding a miss and putting it back in. I know they don't have a true post presence, but with that being the case, they need to play some pick and roll dives at the basket. If they have an off night with the jump shot, they can be beat by any team in this league. (assuming the style I watched them play with last night is an accurate portrayal)

I agree. They are a really good defensive team. We missed Deng a lot last year. I think he did a solid job on Carmelo last night as well as Lebron the week before. While the loss of Gordon hurt us offensively, it made the team much better on defense. Gordon would just get abused night in and night out. Our problem right now is depth. With Tyrus Thomas and Aaron Grey out, we don't have a deep rotation inside. Will really hurt us on back to back nights.

I've been most impressed that they are winning while being a rather poor shooting team. Hinrich and Salmons have both been off their game early this year and can only get better. It'd be real interesting to see what happens if we are able to plug a guy like Wade or Bosh into the team next year.

And I agree with Lawson. Great spot for him to play behind Chauncey for a year or two. Never understand why NBA teams ignore college performance in these drafts. Lawson was a stud in college and made that NC team what it was.

Last edited by RainMaker : 11-11-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #276
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
The shot wasn't good. the backboard in the back did not light up correctly. (you can see this on virtually every replay of the game. In fact, the two pictures in this thread show that. . . the ball was out by a two feet in your picture and the other light wasn't on, it was clearly closer in the second shot with the light being on) The shot was NOT out of his hands. the Denver feed had it perfect and you could clearly see the ball on his fingers with the backboard light on.
The backboard LED lights are tied in to the official time. They aren't human controlled.

The rule states clear and conclusive evidence to overturn the call. It also states they only get 2 minutes to do so. The rules weren't followed in the decision, but hey, it's the NBA. We've seen the integrity of their officiating over the last few years.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:01 PM   #277
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
The lights and shot clock are only active on the end of the team with the ball. They swap back and forth each possession.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #278
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
The lights and shot clock are only active on the end of the team with the ball. They swap back and forth each possession.

I've honestly never paid attention to that, but it was clear that's what it was last night.

RainMaker,

I'm sorry, but there was no question that shot didn't get off last night. The top angle confirms it. The Denver feed had a perfect picture showing it.

I hate the refs in the NBA. Always have. I've even been on record as being a conspiracy theorist on NBA officiating.

Last night? On the final shot, they got it right. Period. I don't care if it took 10 minutes, 10 seconds 5 minutes. . . the job was to get the call right. I'd be saying this if it went the other way. In an NBA game, there are always about 8 calls a game a blind man could see that the refs miss. There are another 15-20 subjective calls that even themselves out unless you are playing the Lakers, in which case they get 75-80% of them. Then there are the ones they have the capability to use replay to look at.

They got this call right. I don't know how you can view it any other way. At the end of the day, I never would want the Nuggets to win simply because it took them too much time to look at the replay or they didn't have access to all the angles involved. That's cheap. Take your time. Look at every angle. Get the call right.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:15 PM   #279
RainMaker
General Manager

If that's the case, then it's my bad. Not sure why ESPN kept showing the photo as evidence of whether the ball left his hand before the lights went on.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:17 PM   #280
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
I've honestly never paid attention to that, but it was clear that's what it was last night.

RainMaker,

I'm sorry, but there was no question that shot didn't get off last night. The top angle confirms it. The Denver feed had a perfect picture showing it.

I hate the refs in the NBA. Always have. I've even been on record as being a conspiracy theorist on NBA officiating.

Last night? On the final shot, they got it right. Period. I don't care if it took 10 minutes, 10 seconds 5 minutes. . . the job was to get the call right. I'd be saying this if it went the other way. In an NBA game, there are always about 8 calls a game a blind man could see that the refs miss. There are another 15-20 subjective calls that even themselves out unless you are playing the Lakers, in which case they get 75-80% of them. Then there are the ones they have the capability to use replay to look at.

They got this call right. I don't know how you can view it any other way. At the end of the day, I never would want the Nuggets to win simply because it took them too much time to look at the replay or they didn't have access to all the angles involved. That's cheap. Take your time. Look at every angle. Get the call right.
I think the Nuggets should have won due to the fact I think it's impossibe for them to grab a rebound and call timeout in 0.3 seconds. But I don't think that shot should be overturned as it was simply too close and not indisputable evidence in the two minutes the refs are allowed to use.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:53 PM   #281
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
I think the Nuggets should have won due to the fact I think it's impossibe for them to grab a rebound and call timeout in 0.3 seconds. But I don't think that shot should be overturned as it was simply too close and not indisputable evidence in the two minutes the refs are allowed to use.

The first part is a rule. If a rebounder catches the ball cleanly, .3 goes off the clock.

As far as the second, I'll say it one more time, get the call right. Look at every angle. Look at every replay. Take 5 minutes or 10. When you are done, make sure the right call was made.

I want to make sure I understand what you are saying here. Are you saying that you'd want the Bulls to win a game simply because the replay booth couldn't get the right angle to the refs in 2 minutes? That you'd rather have the Bulls win a game when a replay angle clearly showed they shouldn't have won?

If that's your opinion, I'm ok with it. I'm also very much against it. The refs got the call right in this case. That's all I care about. I don't care if it's the Lakers, Celtics, Nuggets, Bulls or Magic involved. Take your time and make the correct call.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:07 PM   #282
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
The first part is a rule. If a rebounder catches the ball cleanly, .3 goes off the clock.

As far as the second, I'll say it one more time, get the call right. Look at every angle. Look at every replay. Take 5 minutes or 10. When you are done, make sure the right call was made.

I want to make sure I understand what you are saying here. Are you saying that you'd want the Bulls to win a game simply because the replay booth couldn't get the right angle to the refs in 2 minutes? That you'd rather have the Bulls win a game when a replay angle clearly showed they shouldn't have won?

If that's your opinion, I'm ok with it. I'm also very much against it. The refs got the call right in this case. That's all I care about. I don't care if it's the Lakers, Celtics, Nuggets, Bulls or Magic involved. Take your time and make the correct call.

No, I'm saying I want rules to be enforced. For instance, the Hinrich foul on Billups happened at 1.1 seconds, not 0.6. They never reviewed that despite reviewing the time on the rebound/timeout and a tipped ball on the previous series.

Listen, I don't care about the result, I just want the rules to be in place and universally enforced. The NBA has had a lot of issues with officiating and even had an official alter outcomes of games years. You would think that they would want their rules to be universally enforced.

I agree that the refs should make the right call no matter how long it takes. But that is not what is in the rulebook. What happens next week if officials do follow the rules and it screws over a team?
Old 11-12-2009, 01:54 AM   #283
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Shack is Baq!!!

I guess the Cavs beat the Magic. Nice to see JJ Hickson crack the starting lineup. He's in line to be the Franchise player in about 8 months.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:43 AM   #284
MikeVic
Head Coach

I guess the Raps are gonna be a very frustrating team to watch this year.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:05 PM   #285
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Hornets fire Byron Scott today. He shouldn't have been back this year at all after that 58-point figurative middle finger to Hornets fans in the '09 playoffs.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #286
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Hmm. Apparently for the past 3-5 years Shaq has been banging Gilbert Arenas' woman.

Last edited by stevew : 11-12-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #287
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
Hornets fire Byron Scott today. He shouldn't have been back this year at all after that 58-point figurative middle finger to Hornets fans in the '09 playoffs.

Even so, it's pretty amazing that they'd been able to win at all with the shitty, shallow talent they have had in uniform, save a couple of pieces.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:20 PM   #288
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Even so, it's pretty amazing that they'd been able to win at all with the shitty, shallow talent they have had in uniform, save a couple of pieces.

The win/loss record for his entire tenure was about where it should be given the talent and given average/above average coaching. In many ways the depth of talent has been shallow under his tenure, but a uniquely elite PG makes those kind of players better even with mediocre coaching. Scott lost this team, and there was more than enough talent for the team not to tank in the playoffs last year and to start this regular season. Scott can be a great coach at times, but his extreme stubbornness adds to his teams' inconsistencies, rather than serve as an anchor for team success.

Last edited by Tigercat : 11-12-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #289
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
I think the Nuggets should have won due to the fact I think it's impossibe for them to grab a rebound and call timeout in 0.3 seconds.
I realize the NBA has had these rules for years and there's no point arguing about them.... but there's no way you can catch and shoot in 0.3 seconds, or grab a rebound and call timeout (which can't happen until you have possession) in 0.3 seconds.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:41 PM   #290
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
The win/loss record for his entire tenure was about where it should be given the talent and given average/above average coaching. In many ways the depth of talent has been shallow under his tenure, but a uniquely elite PG makes those kind of players better even with mediocre coaching. Scott lost this team, and there was more than enough talent for the team not to tank in the playoffs last year and to start this regular season. Scott can be a great coach at times, but his extreme stubbornness adds to his teams' inconsistencies, rather than serve as an anchor for team success.

Yes. Scott was not a bad coach, but only the great ones escape the "team stops responding after a certain amount of time" syndrome. He is definitely not great, and we had a classic case of that syndrome on this team. I think Bill Simmons pegged its origins as early as last November when he sat behind the Hornets' bench at a Clippers game. Move had to be made -- should've been done in the offseason.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:02 PM   #291
miami_fan
Coordinator

I get the firing and agree it should have happened in the offseason. I can't for the life of me understand bringing back Tim Floyd as an assistant. So is Bower just a figurehead while Tim Floyd coaches the team behind the scenes?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:04 AM   #292
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Yay to the Lakers beating the Suns handily.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:13 AM   #293
whomario
Pro Starter

Kobe and Bynum are damn impressive so far, i really love watching this this new non-chucking (in terms of long range shots) version of Bryant
Best perimeter scorer in the game still.
And Bynum looks hella confident, let´s see what happens when him and Gasol have to share the space again.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:27 AM   #294
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Kobe and Bynum are damn impressive so far, i really love watching this this new non-chucking (in terms of long range shots) version of Bryant
Best perimeter scorer in the game still.
And Bynum looks hella confident, let´s see what happens when him and Gasol have to share the space again.

It's really ridiculous to watch Kobe now. He does all his work without the ball, and when he finally gets that entry pass, it's all just a matter of him making an easy shot.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:18 AM   #295
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I get the firing and agree it should have happened in the offseason. I can't for the life of me understand bringing back Tim Floyd as an assistant. So is Bower just a figurehead while Tim Floyd coaches the team behind the scenes?

I get the impression Floyd will have a larger role than the typical assistant, even top assistant. Bower was an assistant coach under Floyd in 2004, and having never been a head coach, he hired him back for guidance.

Basically Scott would've been fired after last season but Shinn didn't want to pay the last year on his contract as well as a new coach's contract. So this was always going to be a wasted year -- either with a lame duck, tuned-out Byron Scott, or now with the Mickey Mouse temporary combo of Bower + Floyd. They will need to make a serious hire this offseason or risk Chris Paul's wrath.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:10 PM   #296
miami_fan
Coordinator

Now we really get to see the depth on the Hornets. Chris Paul was carried off the court with a injury.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:12 PM   #297
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Now we really get to see the depth on the Hornets. Chris Paul was carried off the court with a injury.

Darren Collison, thrown to the fire?

Old 11-13-2009, 09:24 PM   #298
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Hmm. Apparently for the past 3-5 years Shaq has been banging Gilbert Arenas' woman.

Well, the Cavs have been banging everything else Wizards-related for the last 3-5 years, so now we know why they picked up Shaq.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:13 AM   #299
TroyF
Coordinator

He got game:

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWkhvdCjUSs

Also good to see melo not go 8-25 again. No Anthony Carter helps. Also helps that JR has found his stroke. Lakers off a b2b, but the Nuggets have already had 4 back to backs this year. (overall record in them is 5-3, both games with at least a day of rest are wins thus far)

Important stretch for the Nuggets coming up. 7 of 9 games at home and they'll likely be favored in 9 straight games. (the road games are the Clipper and TWolves)

FWIW: I know Kobe was tired, but Afflalo defended him as well as any Denver Nugget I've ever seen. He didn't foul, contested every shot, didn't go for the pump fakes, kept him out of the lane. Thanks again to Dumars. I love this guy.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:28 AM   #300
whomario
Pro Starter

Nellie lineup watch : Curry played 2 minutes (!!) tonight off the bench.

I hate Don Nelson And this is only partly fantasy game related

Randolph plays 6 minues ... Now, Moore played 16. That´s 22. That leaves 26 minutes with Jackson as your tallest player. Only in Nellie-land ...

They beat the knicks though, who are just laughable, period.

Greg Oden is kinda good. Still not exactly heavily featured and the numbers might seem modest still but he´s definitely playing smarter more alert basketball, has a few nice looking Post moves, is actually showing to be a good passer, doesn´t throw it away and of course is among the best rebounders and shot blockers in the league.
As for the cold, hard facts : 10/9 with 2.3 blocks in 24 minutes, only 1 TO in the last 4 games where he was in foul trouble only once (2 of the other 4 games were blowouts thus less minutes there)
If he can get his minutes into the high 20s, low 30s consistently he could end up at about 13/11 with 2.5-3 BPG for the season i reckon
But Przybilla averages about 8 boards in under 19 minutes a game as well and is a top notch defender, so he propably won´t play a ton in the regular season no matter what and i approve of that.

Last edited by whomario : 11-14-2009 at 03:56 AM.