Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-31-2010, 01:54 PM   #251
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
That's a silly thought. If I were a wolf, I wouldn't want my peers to ruin my brand new experience with this sort of game. We might never have a game like this again, and I;'m enjoying the different-ness of the game, I wouldn't want a co-wolf getting in the way of that, just for a ploy that may or may not work, but certainly is not fun for me.

And at the end of the day, this is about fun, not necessarily winning, no matter what side I'm on, villager or wolf. With a new mechanic, that's my focus, not really the WW side, but the NFL draft side. No way would I want to ruin my fun.

It is not a silly thought since I think it has happened before. And your insistence that there is no way it could of happened in that manner in this game does not decrease your likely wolfitude in my eyes. I am not to the point of voting for you but I did want a ploy that has been done and done well out there for us to consider.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:55 PM   #252
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I was taken down this morning, not as part of the night action. It was hours later.

Let me just ask, Jackal, did you speculate on rumors about me? I'd like an answer one way or the other please.

I didn't do anything, Abe. My only power in this game was duking, I have no control over anything that happens in the NFL-side except for how many energy points I use.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:00 PM   #253
KWhit
Coordinator

Ugh. Forgot to put in any points for today. No wonder I floundered.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:16 PM   #254
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Date night was moved to Wednesday this week, so I'll be less in that normal, and out for several hours ater work

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:17 PM   #255
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
Vote Abe

Something about him just doesn't sit right with me.

It's my sexiness!

Old 03-31-2010, 02:47 PM   #256
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It's my sexiness!

This is one of those unfortunate times where, as a GM, I have to step in and make an important comment:

You're a kicker for God's sake!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:52 PM   #257
J23
College Benchwarmer

I almost put in as a punter just to one up Abe.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:55 PM   #258
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Todd McShay's live blog from the Combine...

Ranking things from what I saw in the 40, it's gotta look something like this:

1- Schmidty
2- Crimson Fox
3- Jackal
4- J23
5- ntndeacon
6- hoops
7- Darth Vilus
8- Henry
9- Abe
10- CR
11- KWhit
12- Heinz

I look forward to seeing how these numbers effect Mel's Big Board 3.0 tonight.

Wooooo! That's right, DV. Can't catch me!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:58 PM   #259
J23
College Benchwarmer

Glad you posted that btw CF. I missed that wall of blue text earlier when I was talking about my 10 points I spent.

I guess this is what happens when I try to get work done and casually alt-tab while macros are running.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:00 PM   #260
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
This is one of those unfortunate times where, as a GM, I have to step in and make an important comment:

You're a kicker for God's sake!

A kicker with a gimpy leg even...
Old 03-31-2010, 03:26 PM   #261
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, I'm leaving for a few hours in a moment, catch you folks after a while!

Old 03-31-2010, 05:19 PM   #262
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I'm nearly done for the day - anyone have thoughts?
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:27 PM   #263
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'm headed out shortly for the evening. With two votes on me, I thought I'd just say I'm a vanilla villager, so it's not the worst thing to happen if I get lynched here. I just don't think that we really learn anything by it in this case. I guess the good thing from me potentially getting lynched is at least the village won't lose another roled villager from it.

I'm leaving my vote where it is despite being tempted to put it on Abe. I'm guessing he's just reading things wrong when it comes to my missing a post by PB and in regards to assuming Jackal was the one messing up his performance.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:55 PM   #264
hoopsguy
General Manager

Is the logic in voting Henry solely because they want to "learn from Day 1 vote"? If so, so be it. I just feel like I personally learned enough from him being under pressure ... time will tell which side is right on that one, I suppose.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:06 PM   #265
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Nah, I'll just go ahead and tell you, I think it was the Jackal. I mentioned in in teh thread, and as I tghink about it, it makes sense. Jackal was ahead of me, so why target me by someone else, especially since I'm not a threat for any position. the only person to terget me making sense is the #1 guy taking down teh #2 guy.

So I think it was Jackal

Am I missing something here? Wasn't Jackal shown to be the duke, and thus a known villager?

Do villagers have the ability to drag down other villagers? I just double-checked the rules and my PM to make sure I wasn't missing out on some fun sabotage ability but I don't see it. I've assumed it was only wolves who could target someone.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:10 PM   #266
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
There may be rewards for players that are the top daily performer in the two events.

-Possible Roles (HOWEVER there may be some other "abilities" at play as well)-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Am I missing something here? Wasn't Jackal shown to be the duke, and thus a known villager?

Do villagers have the ability to drag down other villagers? I just double-checked the rules and my PM to make sure I wasn't missing out on some fun sabotage ability but I don't see it. I've assumed it was only wolves who could target someone.

Not sure if this is a place where I should sincerely step in as a GM but I will direct you to both of the above listed portions of the rules page.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:11 PM   #267
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll almost certainly be back on before deadline, but figured I should get a vote out there.

NTN gets it because he is one of the leading candidates at the moment and because it felt like he was casting out several ideas (QB, wolves faking poor performance) without really following through on any of them based on my quick read. That, plus I am interested to see if the candidate positioned by Heinz is a villager or wolf.

That isn't supposed to be a "if NTN is lynched as a villager we all vote Heinz tomorrow" post ... more me working through my thought process right now on a couple of players I have higher on my suspect list than others. Sometimes those types of situations work themselves out when those two candidates are forced near the top of the voting pile.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:18 PM   #268
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
3- Damn, knew I forgot one. There are players out there with skills that do not equate to roles. They have the ability to help/hurt other players in the individual tasks. These skills do no necessarily align with wolf/villager affiliation.

Hoops, I was under the impression that this was a free for all (with wolves) because of this post and people were being cutthroat.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:25 PM   #269
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am leaving until after the deadline, so I have to put in a vote.

Fact is, I don't like the options given out.

I'm not a big fan of the vote henry to see what happened Day One concept, not this game. I don't really get a wolf vibe off of henry, and it always seems like those end up villager-vs-villager.

I'm not ready to go "conspiracy theory" on Abe getting slagged by someone's ability, especially since that is exactly what I believe happened to me at the Pro Day event last night.

The J23 votes feel like a reach to me. Plenty of people in a rush will glaze over posts, even blue posts in the shortest game threads.

This is not to say that any of these guys aren't wolves, but I'm not ready to say so on what we have seen so far.

That leads me to jeheinz's analysis. I actually have a problem with jeheinz analysis, in that it presumes that The Jackal voters are of special interest because he is a villager. But it's Day 1 and no one knows anything. Sure, one could argue wolves know and that's why this works with heinz's analysis, but it also means gullible villagers who don't know anything are just as likely to make the mistake of this vote. Not like The Jackal gave us any hints (that I am aware of anyway).

Putting aside my concerns there, the two people of interest left here are ntndeacon and hoops. There are votes for ntndeacon, and people have ignored hoops because heinz said he's getting a strong villager vibe from hoops.

That doesn't match my feel, though. It's entirely a gut feel, but I don't have a good vibe on hoops right now.

He did the whole trust list "The Jackal & Self" thing, which I can't stand because right away none of us can buy into the analysis. If it's later in the game and he's tossing out hypotheticals that require him to not be a wolf, I understand. This early on, though, with only one cleared player and ten potential wolves or whatever, it has the feel of someone trying to lay groundwork for himself as being someone we can trust, without actually doing anything. Plus, there was no actual analysis that I can recall, not of the wolf part of the game anyway.

Second, the analysis hoops has tried to do has focused on the draft lists and establishing points. He has made a big deal of that, but that's wolf game neutral, more or less. That's a goal for both wolves and villagers. Hoops can play that game analysis without appearing to be a wolf.

So I am going to go with hoops for today, as my best candidate in a group of all weak candidates.

VOTE HOOPS

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:58 PM   #270
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chief, go with whatever vote you want but I said that villagers should trust themselves, not trust me.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:20 PM   #271
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I'll almost certainly be back on before deadline, but figured I should get a vote out there.

NTN gets it because he is one of the leading candidates at the moment and because it felt like he was casting out several ideas (QB, wolves faking poor performance) without really following through on any of them based on my quick read. That, plus I am interested to see if the candidate positioned by Heinz is a villager or wolf.

That isn't supposed to be a "if NTN is lynched as a villager we all vote Heinz tomorrow" post ... more me working through my thought process right now on a couple of players I have higher on my suspect list than others. Sometimes those types of situations work themselves out when those two candidates are forced near the top of the voting pile.

Were you intending to vote for ntn here? Cause you didn't.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:24 PM   #272
KWhit
Coordinator

I don't have a ton of time to do analysis tonight (it's my wife's birthday tonight, so I need to give her some attention), but of the leading candidates, the only one that really has seemed suspicious to me at all is J23. This is really just a gut feel from me right now. Nothing better.

VOTE J23
Old 03-31-2010, 07:33 PM   #273
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Throwing a vote count up there (as of 272):

Henry (2)- Jackal (215), J23 (229),
ntndeacon (2)- Henry (222), Heinz (226),
J23 (3)- Abe (245), Schmidty (246), KWhit (272)
Abe (1)- Darth (249)
Hoops (1)- ChiefRum (269)

No votes yet: ntndeacon, Crimson Fox, Hoops
Old 03-31-2010, 07:34 PM   #274
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I will tell you most post deadline. I want two days and nights done before I reveal further, I'm sure you can understand that.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:36 PM   #275
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Nah, wait a second, that makes it seem like I should get night killed by the wolve.s Fuck. Shouldn;t ahave said anything. Ah well, here it is:

As the winner, I got a one time chance to do something. I was also to make a trade, that was my reward for winning. I thought the hurting of me, which came HOURS after the deadline, was from teh winner of last night, and since Jackal was at the top of the standing, I beleive he won, and thus was able to hurt me as his power.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:41 PM   #276
The Jackal
Coordinator

Abe I can assure you I did nothing to you, nor have I had the option to do anything to anyone based on performance in any of the events.

There's no reason for me to lie at this point as a cleared villager who is likely going to die tonight.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:47 PM   #277
The Jackal
Coordinator

Of course, they could be nice and leave me around while seer hunting, and I'll continue to dominate! But all fair play, I'd guess the wolves did something to you or you did something to yourself, Abe.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:55 PM   #278
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I am afraid that iwon't be on at the deadline. so my vote is going to make sure that I am not killed.
Vote J23
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:01 PM   #279
hoopsguy
General Manager

KWhit, I think you are right about me missing the vote.

VOTE NTN
Old 03-31-2010, 08:01 PM   #280
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - not putting the vote in earlier. I'll try to put together a vote count and consider a change if there appears to be a reason to do so.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:05 PM   #281
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Chief, go with whatever vote you want but I said that villagers should trust themselves, not trust me.

I don't think you have to worry about THAT Hoops. Nobody trusts you. :P
Old 03-31-2010, 08:08 PM   #282
hoopsguy
General Manager

Crimson, most people do for a game or two. Then, for whatever reason, it seems to swing the other way.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:12 PM   #283
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Still at work btw. Can't really talk much. Eyes around.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:12 PM   #284
Schmidty
Coordinator

Hey!! Look at this!!!If J23 gets lynched and is good, I'm the #2 vote!!! Yay!

I will remind people that the 2nd vote thing is crap, and a lame excuse to vote for someone after the first few days. Just a disclaimer.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:14 PM   #285
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of Post #284:

4 J23 - Abe (245), Schmdity (246), KWhit (272), NTN (278)
3 NTN - Henry (222), Heinz (226), Hoops (279)
2 Henry - Jackal (215), J23 (229)
1 Abe - DV (249)
1 Hoops - CR (269)
Old 03-31-2010, 08:15 PM   #286
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

VOTE HOOPS

(no i don't trust you)
Old 03-31-2010, 08:19 PM   #287
hoopsguy
General Manager

And I believe that all the votes are now in, which sets up 40+ minutes of potential vote swapping from now to the end.

Votes as of Post #286:
4 J23 - Abe (245), Schmdity (246), KWhit (272), NTN (278)
3 NTN - Henry (222), Heinz (226), Hoops (279)
2 Henry - Jackal (215), J23 (229)
2 Hoops - CR (269), CF (286)
1 Abe - DV (249)
Old 03-31-2010, 08:23 PM   #288
hoopsguy
General Manager

For what it is worth, I kind of like the two leading candidates. I thought J23 had a pretty weak line in his vote for Henry today (want to follow the cleared villager) ... I understand the rationale, but it is 100% that Jackal doesn't know any more than any other villager based on his revealed role.

I would switch to him, if necessary, but won't consider Henry unless it somehow became him or me. That isn't necessarily my stance from now until the end, but that is my stance now based purely on in-thread vibes from the players in question.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:26 PM   #289
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well, I'll switch off of Henry at this point.

Last game I mentioned how I disliked "following the cleared villager" as a way for a wolf to hide a vote and it still sounds like sound reasoning.

unvote henry

vote j23
Old 03-31-2010, 08:47 PM   #290
hoopsguy
General Manager

Not sure I can handle all this activity down the stretch.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:48 PM   #291
The Jackal
Coordinator

Need some gatorade?
Old 03-31-2010, 08:50 PM   #292
The Jackal
Coordinator

If I die, at least make the Redskins draft me. They're looking hard at Eric Berry after all.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:51 PM   #293
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
If I die, at least make the Redskins draft me. They're looking hard at Eric Berry after all.

I see the Giants trading up to get you, much to the delight of Lathum.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:52 PM   #294
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I see the Giants trading up to get you, much to the delight of Lathum.

I'd holdout
Old 03-31-2010, 09:01 PM   #295
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Time check
Old 03-31-2010, 09:03 PM   #296
hoopsguy
General Manager

This little movement + participation makes me think that we're in a bad spot here. Hope to be wrong one of these times when I think this way ...
Old 03-31-2010, 09:09 PM   #297
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

The Wonderlic results are typically kept locked and sealed, but we've gotten some insider news of what the results were. Before we get to the best, let's take a look at those that struggled.

J23 had some very, very high expectations for his test. But reports have come out that he had a conflict with an unspecified player before entering the testing room. J23 seemed incredibly tense following this confrontation and this was definitely proven in his alleged score of a 6.

Schmidty's education apparently hasn't paid off in test smarts. The running back pulled a 9, just a bit higher than Vince Young's notoriously low score.

Chief Rum isn't just slow in the 40, but is apparently a slow test-taker as well. He didn't quite finish but still pulled a 10.

But let's here some good news.

Crimson Fox pulled one of the highest scores in recent memory. He posted a 41.

Jackal was right behind him, posting a 39 point score on a 50 point scale.

ntndeacon definitely helped himself out with draft status by posting a strong score as well. ntn's score of 38 was also one of the top three of the day.

As J23 left the Combine though, he received a very important phone call. The Miami Dolphins have drafted J23, a vanilla villager.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:11 PM   #298
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

We've got more big news as the Denver Broncos, #11 in the draft, have made their own move as well. Chief Rum has been drafted by the Denver Broncos. He was a vanilla villager.

PMs going out and then the Big Board will be posted.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 03-31-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:20 PM   #299
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Welcome back to my newly updated Big Board 3.0. Things have shaken up a bit more after the 40 and the Wonderlic.

#1 Jackal
#2 Crimson Fox
#3 Abe
#4 Schmidty
#5 Henry
#6 Ntndeacon
#7 Darth Vilus
#8 Hoops
#9 KWhit
#10 Heinz
Old 03-31-2010, 09:23 PM   #300
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

WAIT!!! We've got some very, very late breaking news today. KWhit was apparently pulled over following the Combine. Unconfirmed reports say that an anonymous tip led to a search of the young man's car. The police, during the search, found a plastic box containing steroids hidden under the seat. KWhit claimed repeatedly that these were not his drugs but the damage has been done in the eyes of the teams remaining. KWhit's draft stock is falling.

The newest draft board from Mel Kiper now shows:
#1 Jackal
#2 Crimson Fox
#3 Abe
#4 Schmidty
#5 Henry
#6 Ntndeacon
#7 Darth Vilus
#8 Hoops
#9 Heinz
#10 Kwhit