Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM   #5001
Butter
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Dayton, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I could walk to Madeira Inn. I was talking about Tri County. Used to go the the Dave and Busters. Would hit Costco for lunch, etc...Madeira was a great small town, awesome place to raise a family. We really enjoyed our time there.

I worked basically across the street from that Costco for a few years
__________________
My listening habits
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM   #5002
tarcone
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pacific
Legalize mariluana, Joe and you get an automatic 50 million votes.
__________________
The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:22 PM   #5003
Edward64
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
That's how I interpreted it at least. I can't see it happening though with the way the Supreme Court will be configured here soon.

I would have liked it better if he said "we'll have a holistic immigration reform plan in 100 days".
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:23 PM   #5004
Edward64
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Please Joe, use "crazy uncle" in your closing statement
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM   #5005
Atocep
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Puyallup, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Did Biden say Abraham Lincoln is most racist president?

Need close caption here

Biden was making fun for Trump comparing himself to Abe Lincoln by saying that.

Last edited by Atocep : Yesterday at 09:27 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM   #5006
JPhillips
General Manager
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Newburgh, NY
Are other people seeing screen glitches or is that just CNN or my cable company?
__________________
To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.. - Mr. Rogers
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM   #5007
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Are other people seeing screen glitches or is that just CNN or my cable company?

fine for me
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:27 PM   #5008
Jas_lov
College Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Im the least racism person in the room. HAHAHA

Okay, he is slipping.

Im just saying his argument against the 15 dollar minimum and repealing obamacare was targeted at moderates.

Raising the minimum wage has 60-70% support. Obamacare 55-60. They seem to be losing issues for Trump.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM   #5009
Atocep
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Puyallup, WA
AOC has to be the first freshman congressman referenced in a presidential debate.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM   #5010
Jas_lov
College Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
I know the most about wind
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM   #5011
Galaril
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Raising the minimum wage has 60-70% support. Obamacare 55-60. They seem to be losing issues for Trump.

Agreed and don’t see that is speaking to moderates, I am a definite moderate having voted on both sides over the years and this is fine to me.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM   #5012
JediKooter
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San Diego via Sausalito via San Jose via San Diego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I would have liked it better if he said "we'll have a holistic immigration reform plan in 100 days".

I see what you mean, hard to get into most of the specifics in this setting. I would be more surprised if it did happen within 100 days of his inauguration though.
__________________
I'm no longer a Chargers fan, they are dead to me

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM   #5013
SirFozzie
General Manager
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: The State of Insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Biden: 500 kids don't know where there parents are

Trump: Good


That will definitely appeal to the moderates.

to be fair, on a second and third listen it sounds more like he was saying "Go ahead" to the moderator. But yeah, that was a yikes moment at first.

(and do you know how hard it is for me to be fair in this moment? :d
__________________
Check out Foz's New Video Game Site, An 8-bit Mind in an 8GB world! http://an8bitmind.com
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM   #5014
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Been a while since I have heard about the mental state of Biden
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:38 PM   #5015
Edward64
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Good debate flow, pretty well done.

I thought each had fair opportunities to rebut.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM   #5016
Jas_lov
College Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Yeah, much better debate than that first train wreck. Welker was a great moderator. Biden did what he had to and I don't think it'll change much.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM   #5017
tarcone
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pacific
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Raising the minimum wage has 60-70% support. Obamacare 55-60. They seem to be losing issues for Trump.

Okay, let me rephrase this; The minimum wage issue speaks to the rural voters that came out and supported Trump and led to his victory, as well as, the Obamacare issue.

Trump is using the same strategy that got him the presidency. The issue is, can he get enough voters out.
__________________
The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:41 PM   #5018
Atocep
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Puyallup, WA
Trump started strong, struggled in the middle, and then picked up a bit again before falling off at the end. Overall a very uneven performance but maybe the best debate performance he's had going back to 2016.

Biden was pretty strong throughout. He was strongest in the middle part of the debate when Trump was flailing. I think he dropped off a bit near the end but closed strong.

Overall neither was bad or strong enough to move the needle much so that's a big win for Biden.

Moderation was absolutely outstanding. We got an actual debate with Donald Trump participating.

Last edited by Atocep : Yesterday at 09:42 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:44 PM   #5019
JediKooter
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San Diego via Sausalito via San Jose via San Diego
If you just got to america today and watched this debate, you would think that Biden was president and not Obama with how trump kept droning on and on about things that Biden had no control over since he was...not the president.
__________________
I'm no longer a Chargers fan, they are dead to me

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM   #5020
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Colorado Springs
This format was much, much better.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM   #5021
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Just talking to my wife who is a suburban woman, not a housewife, and she said Trumps whole attitude about the kids at the border is going to sink him. Not on ounce of empathy.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM   #5022
JediKooter
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San Diego via Sausalito via San Jose via San Diego
My solution for the 500+ kids is, start doing DNA tests. Have a registry for the parents and those people would also have to take DNA tests. Time consuming, but, it's the only way to be sure.
__________________
I'm no longer a Chargers fan, they are dead to me

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM   #5023
Edward64
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Stock futures did not go up or down significantly. I'm guessing market thinks it was a draw or not a significant win/loss.

Last edited by Edward64 : Yesterday at 09:56 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM   #5024
JPhillips
General Manager
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Newburgh, NY
Trump did better, but he's still carrying the same baggage.

Biden was fine.

The third debate generally doesn't matter.

The polls haven't changed much since before COVID.
__________________
To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.. - Mr. Rogers
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:17 PM   #5025
Swaggs
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Almost Heaven
I think Trump did enough damage talking about the coronavirus and the separation of children from their families to offset any positives he may have had. These two are so old that they are probably removed from how much of an impact coronavirus has had on parents and particularly working families beyond just being fearful of the illness. I think Trump botched that with his line about teachers.

Biden making the comment about eliminating oil was A pretty bad move if he is trying to win PA. Lots of oil and natural gas fields in between the cities. But, I’d suspect most of those folks are not Biden voters in the first place.

All in all, not much of a needle mover and I do think Trump continued to miss an opportunity to make up ground with women by dismissing the separation of children from families.
__________________
DOWN WITH HATTRICK!!!
The RWBL
Are you reading In The Bleachers?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:17 PM   #5026
CrimsonFox
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
AOC has to be the first freshman congressman referenced in a presidential debate.

I'm so sick of people in general taking potshots at AOC. She's one of 400+ house members. She doesn't say anything other than what hundreds of people have said before and usually very common sense arguments. IS it because she's a woman? Because she's young? Because she's a democrat? All at once?

Being a woman that speaks on things that men usually speak about I think is the issue. But really if your argument is ever to put AOC down, then you are fucking stupid.

Granted I admit it IS something shocking and new to have a democrat actually fight for anything

Last edited by CrimsonFox : Yesterday at 10:18 PM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM   #5027
CrimsonFox
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
This format was much, much better.

Because they kept the toddler in a timeout?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM   #5028
cuervo72
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
IS it because she's a woman? Because she's young? Because she's a democrat? All at once?

Don't forget darker than lily-white.
__________________
Commish - FOFL
FOFL - Bar Harbor Whitecaps
FOBL - Las Vegas Lightning
IHOF - Frederick Red Menace
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:50 PM   #5029
Brian Swartz
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox
I'm so sick of people in general taking potshots at AOC. She's one of 400+ house members. She doesn't say anything other than what hundreds of people have said before and usually very common sense arguments. IS it because she's a woman? Because she's young? Because she's a democrat? All at once?

Because she had a moment and a lot of press in an upset win in a large state, and has been a major face behind popularizing the Green New Deal and the general push towards more collectivist approaches to government. Some of the other aspects you mentioned played a role as well, but this is a big part of it. Anybody one side pumps up, the other side is going to put down. Particularly when the other side is as angry, often irrationally but sometimes not, as is the case right now.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:14 PM   #5030
CrimsonFox
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Don't forget darker than lily-white.

oh yes forgot about racism. thanks cuervo. how could i forget that
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:31 PM   #5031
CrimsonFox
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Because she had a moment and a lot of press in an upset win in a large state, and has been a major face behind popularizing the Green New Deal and the general push towards more collectivist approaches to government. Some of the other aspects you mentioned played a role as well, but this is a big part of it. Anybody one side pumps up, the other side is going to put down. Particularly when the other side is as angry, often irrationally but sometimes not, as is the case right now.

that's another thing. Whenever democrats make a bill it suddenly gets a name and republicans stop actually saying what's wrong with anything in it or why they don't like it. I'll use the examples of "New Kids on the Block". All republican politicians do is say that "New Kids on the block" is bad and must be stopped. And they say it over and over again. Then I hear republicans (people I meet or know) say "ohhhh New Kids on the Block is bad". Never actually saying what New Kids on the block is about. Just that New Kids on the Block is bad and THIS candidate is for New Kids on the Block and that will "be bad for the state!"

It's so stupid, thoughtless, pointless shows absence of thought or analysis. I've not heard of "New Green Deal until this past week where I heard phrases like the above saying "It was bad and will cost our state"
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:07 AM   #5032
Radii
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
It's really simple, a brown woman wants to help poor people and the environment. There is literally nothing scarier to rich white people.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:26 AM   #5033
whomario
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Raising the minimum wage has 60-70% support. Obamacare 55-60. They seem to be losing issues for Trump.

Most of the issues that apeal to his base are loosing issues in a scenario where voter turnout is equal and people vote based on issues. That's why they turned it into a Trump-based allegiance, at best based on "worldview" or being against something but not issues to vote for.

Not sure if that's underreported or whatever, but by and large the clear majority of americans leans more 'left' (including 'green') than people might think based on the discourse of these things being up in the air or split down the middle.

Take the oil/energy thing: Trump was smirking like half of americans think that's ludicrous (what Biden is saying) and that's all he needs, when in fact 70+% up to nearly 80% of americans in recent polls (19 gallup was 73% on a similarly worded Q and PEW in May this year 79) said they think there should be a higher emphasis on alternative sources of energy like solar/wind. It's even a clear majority among republicans by now.
I mean, yeah, you'll sometimes see some poll associated with Petroleum industry etc give a different impression by posing the question in a leading way f.e., but overall it seems pretty clear.



The problem is that in recent times the minority has been voting more consistently for a plethora of reasons, many of those by design but some also steeped in 'motivation' and/or sucking it up and voting the lesser evil. And/or ignored actual issues for some 'greater good' ("yeah, renewable energy is good but not if it also means XYZ ...")

The best chance Trump has at reelection has never been gaining more voters, but keeping people from voting for Biden one way or another while maintaining his 'base'. Trump/Republican issues would almost never win elections, if everybody voted/could vote.

It's like an NFL team running the ball every play or an NBA team using the shotclock every posession: Keep the game ugly and low scoring, thus increasing the impact of chance/freak events/one single issue or 'issue' (like this "Biden is corrupt" thing).
__________________
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : Today at 03:41 AM.
whomario is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (1 members and 5 guests)
whomario
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 AM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.