Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-29-2020, 09:20 PM   #28751
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Stand down and stand by.

That's not a condemnation of white supremacy.

Sounded a lot like a call to arms from white supremacists, not a condemnation

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:20 PM   #28752
cuervo72
Head Coach

Wallace has had about enough of Trump, I believe.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:20 PM   #28753
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
If the hood fits.

I just worry Biden is wasting all of his bullets in one debate

SI

With all of the early and mail voting, I think everything needs to come earlier than in the past. By mid-October half of the votes may be cast.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:21 PM   #28754
BYU 14
Coordinator

I honestly don't know how anyone could feel good about or be impressed with either side tonight. This debate was a clusterfuck and about as productive as two rappers on 8 mile ranking on each others mothers.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:23 PM   #28755
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I honestly don't know how anyone could feel good about or be impressed with either side tonight. This debate was a clusterfuck and about as productive as two rappers on 8 mile ranking on each others mothers.

That was caused by Trump and was his plan all along. How do you think this debate would have went if say the Rs candidate was Romney or even Rubio etc... I will say that the speed or coke they gave Trump served him well.

Last edited by Galaril : 09-29-2020 at 09:23 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:23 PM   #28756
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:

Truth. A mute button and a 3rd party candidate would have been great.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:24 PM   #28757
Comey
College Starter

So let's see:

He refused to denounce white supremacists.

He attacked a guy's son over his drug problem.

He said, point blank, that he rolled back environmental protections to make his economy better.

This has been a stellar night for the incumbent.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:24 PM   #28758
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

It's clearly looking bad for trump. Biden seems nervous and thrown off a bit by trumps bullying. I'm impressed with Biden for him calling out trump and his lies and he actually sounds like he has a plan. Trump just keeps repeating the same lies he's been saying the last 4 years, like that best health care ever.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:24 PM   #28759
Jas_lov
College Starter

A lot of people have probably turned it off already. Trump makes it unwatchable and Biden looks more Presidential by default.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:26 PM   #28760
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
It's clearly looking bad for trump. Biden seems nervous and thrown off a bit by trumps bullying. I'm impressed with Biden for him calling out trump and his lies and he actually sounds like he has a plan. Trump just keeps repeating the same lies he's been saying the last 4 years, like that best health care ever.

Agree

When allowed to speak one of the 2 sounds presidential. The other sounds like he's 2 six packs into a Thanksgiving political debate.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:27 PM   #28761
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Trump's plan from the beginning is to make people so mad thru stop listening. And it sounds like it worked on some of you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:29 PM   #28762
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Agree

When allowed to speak one of the 2 sounds presidential. The other sounds like he's 2 six packs into a Thanksgiving political debate.

That's a great way of saying it. The kind of thing that makes you want to only have Thanksgiving by yourself.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 09-29-2020, 09:30 PM   #28763
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Very good close by Biden. Very strong.
BillyMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:30 PM   #28764
JPhillips
General Manager

This Hillary person shouldn't be the President. She sounds really bad.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:30 PM   #28765
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Chris Wallace is going to have a really stiff drink after this tonight.

SI

And maybe a call girl or two geez.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:31 PM   #28766
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Trump has slowed down a little bit on interrupting. Seems like the idea that he wanted to get people mad in the first 30 mins to get people to tune out may be true.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2020, 09:31 PM   #28767
JediKooter
Coordinator

Ah there it is, trump muddying the waters with the mail in ballots.

Old 09-29-2020, 09:32 PM   #28768
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMadison View Post
Very good close by Biden. Very strong.

I agree and I also want to apologize for losing my shit on you but don’t expect you to accept it.

Last edited by Galaril : 09-29-2020 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:38 PM   #28769
Atocep
Coordinator

Really bad look for Trump on the election question.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:38 PM   #28770
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Trump has slowed down a little bit on interrupting. Seems like the idea that he wanted to get people mad in the first 30 mins to get people to tune out may be true.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Maybe /his/ drugs wore off

SI

Old 09-29-2020, 09:40 PM   #28771
Comey
College Starter

.............and he encouraged his supporters to engage in voter supression. That's the icing on tonight's cake. Unbelievable.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:41 PM   #28772
JediKooter
Coordinator

What a train wreck. Completely unprofessional on trump's part. Joe did his best to keep his composure and am glad he called out trump and his lies. I honestly don't think this will change anyone's mind that already supports trump, but, maybe it will convince the people that are on the fence.

Old 09-29-2020, 09:41 PM   #28773
JPhillips
General Manager

Did Trump promise a single agenda item for his second term?
Old 09-29-2020, 09:42 PM   #28774
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

He kind of promised 90% cheaper prescription meds.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:46 PM   #28775
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

Something about insulin being really cheap and blaming big pharama Joe Biden. Oh and he told the proud boys to stand by.

Old 09-29-2020, 09:50 PM   #28776
JPhillips
General Manager

JFC

And more

Quote:
“Trump basically said to go fuck them up!” Biggs wrote on Parler, an alternative social media network that courts conservatives. “This makes me so happy.”

Other Proud Boys leaders posted on Parler and Telegram, another social network popular with far-right figures banned, that they would follow Trump’s request to “stand down and stand by.”

“I will stand down sir!!!” Proud Boys national chairman Enrique Tarrio wrote on Parler. “Standing by sir. So Proud of my guys right now.”

Last edited by JPhillips : 09-29-2020 at 09:51 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:56 PM   #28777
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
JFC

And more

Can it be any more clearer how much of racist trump is at this point? Why can't we bring back the days when a scream would end your bid for the presidency?

Old 09-29-2020, 09:56 PM   #28778
BYU 14
Coordinator

Biden did close stronger and like a fighter in a close bout it may have pulled the decision his way. I just wish there was more control and lets face it. What Trump supporters love is his irreverence, so he followed the game plan needed to fire them up to perfection. For those of us who see him for what he is, it once cements how totally arrogant, ignorant and dishonest he is. I just wish Biden would have stayed above the fray.

Though I do take some guilty pleasure in Joe calling him a Clown
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:58 PM   #28779
Butter
Coordinator

Yeah, but racist by which definition? That's so important to know here
Old 09-29-2020, 09:59 PM   #28780
JPhillips
General Manager

Is Donald Trump a white supremacist who's going to have a fascist milita attack people during the election?

I don't think that's the post-debate conversation Trump's people were hoping for.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:00 PM   #28781
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Once again, Trump firing up his base is a LOSING strategy. He will not win with just his base. He needs to expand beyond his base. Whatever you think about how Biden did tonight, Trump failed to appeal to anyone he needs to help him make up the deficit.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:04 PM   #28782
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Once again, Trump firing up his base is a LOSING strategy. He will not win with just his base. He needs to expand beyond his base. Whatever you think about how Biden did tonight, Trump failed to appeal to anyone he needs to help him make up the deficit.

His goal was to drag everyone so deep into the muck that it turns off some soft Biden supporters from voting entirely. Then he sneaks in thru the Electoral College with his 40%.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:17 PM   #28783
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
I agree and I also want to apologize for losing my shit on you but don’t expect you to accept it.

It's cool. That was stressful for everyone watching and anything goes. I lost my shit about 10 times. No offense taken whatsoever.

One thing I will add is that Matthews is getting a lot of shit for losing control so early, but part of it was the format from the get-go that was proposed and then agreed to. I actually thought he was really well prepared, and had good questions, and challenged both candidates at the right time. Impossible to referee that with a lunatic in that forum. When he hit back at Trump with sarcasm Trump really looks like the buffoon he is. When people play Trump's game, he really doesn't no what to say or how to respond. He was silent when Matthews made a sort of sly, sarcastic comment about Trump needing to STFU.

I do wish Biden would sort of knock off the "we will vote, and there will be a fair election, just vote, trust us, if he loses he is gone." It's a little naive to think that when the guy in power telling you there won't be a fair election unless its on his terms... He should be pointing out that Trump doesn't want a fair election. And he wants to undermine the process.

Trump set the tone early. Biden was flustered. He's not good spontaneously. He's just not. That's Trump's game. Hate him but he is quick on his feat even if all he says is fucking bullshit and hot air. Biden is thoughtful and when he is composed does well. Trumps strategy was to blow his composure. As someone said Biden bent at times but ultimately he didn't buckle.

Finally, the big loss is for America. What a time to be alive. Awful times.

Last edited by BillyMadison : 09-29-2020 at 10:21 PM.
BillyMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:19 PM   #28784
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMadison View Post
It's cool. That was stressful for everyone watching and anything goes. I lost my shit about 10 times. No offense taken whatsoever.

One thing I will add is that Matthews is getting a lot of shit for losing control so early, but part of it was the format from the get-go. I actually thought he was really well prepared, and had good questions, and challenges both candidates at the right time. Impossible to referee that...

I do wish Biden would sort of knock off the "we will vote, and there will be a fair election, just vote, trust us, if he loses he is gone." It's a little naive to think that when the guy in power telling you there won't be a fair election unless its on his terms... He should be pointing out that Trump doesn't want a fair election. And he wants to undermine the process.

I agree. I am hoping they get a mute of the mic next time.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:30 PM   #28785
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421

I agree with you, but the alternative is also a losing strategy. Pandering to the middle would hurt him with his base in terms of enthusiasm. He can't afford that either. Trump has nothing but losing strategies available to him. There are no good ones. It's far too late for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter
Why can't we bring back the days when a scream would end your bid for the presidency?

We can. But first we have to face up to all the major reasons for Trump's electoral success, not just the ones that are convenient. We're not ready to do that yet, so this will continue.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 09-29-2020 at 10:33 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:33 PM   #28786
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Yeah, but racist by which definition? That's so important to know here

Sure they want a white ethnostate but does it meet the definition put forth by Websters dictionary?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:39 PM   #28787
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
We can. But first we have to face up to all the major reasons for Trump's electoral success, not just the ones that are convenient. We're not ready to do that yet, so this will continue.

Very good point. There's a lot of damage that will need to be repaired and the sooner trump is gone, the sooner we can begin to fix things. As great as the Constitution is, there are some very obvious and gaping holes that need to be filled and that won't be easy.

Old 09-29-2020, 10:42 PM   #28788
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I thought Wallace did as well as he could, considering the circumstances.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-29-2020 at 11:28 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:47 PM   #28789
21C
College Prospect

* Chris Wallace
Old 09-29-2020, 11:00 PM   #28790
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Sure they want a white ethnostate but does it meet the definition put forth by Websters dictionary?

Yes but is webster's truly an unbiased source? Must consult with many more sources, otherwise the intent may not meet the standards that one would seek out of his or her defining materials.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 11:05 PM   #28791
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I know that Chris Matthews got pretty weird but he looks nothing like Chris Wallace, guys.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:16 PM   #28792
JediKooter
Coordinator

Ok quick question... so is it pronounced anteefuh (like it just has one syllable) or anti-fah (quick e sound at the end of anti but sounds like two syllables)? I've always pronounced it like anti-fah.

Old 09-29-2020, 11:29 PM   #28793
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Thanks to the power of the edit, I have no idea what any of you guys are talking about.

Also, I'm on a con call trying to do a software update and probably will be up another 3 hours plus so I'm giving myself a pass

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-29-2020 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:29 PM   #28794
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Betting markets are moving towards Biden.

CNN poll gives Biden the debate win 60-28.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 11:32 PM   #28795
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just heard a really interesting statement on CNN. People who lean toward Trumps policies but don't like the man saw everything they don't like about him tonight.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 11:32 PM   #28796
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

Also, I'm on a con call trying to do a software update and probably will be up another 3 hours plus

SI

Ouch. Hopefully it goes smooth. Been there on the QA side and it's no fun when that call turns into a 10 hour call and you still have to work the next day.

Old 09-29-2020, 11:35 PM   #28797
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Ouch. Hopefully it goes smooth. Been there on the QA side and it's no fun when that call turns into a 10 hour call and you still have to work the next day.

Oh no, it's already not going smooth. My part was supposed to start around 10ish and will take about 2 hours if all goes well. I have not yet started. Not my first rodeo so I've done the 10+ hour call before.

My boss also knows to not call me before at least 9 tomorrow morning.

SI

Old 09-29-2020, 11:45 PM   #28798
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh no, it's already not going smooth. My part was supposed to start around 10ish and will take about 2 hours if all goes well. I have not yet started. Not my first rodeo so I've done the 10+ hour call before.

My boss also knows to not call me before at least 9 tomorrow morning.

SI

Damn. Well hopefully it will start go smoother soon man.

Old 09-30-2020, 12:42 AM   #28799
molson
General Manager

I'm impressed/feel sorry for the people who watched the whole thing. I read the comments here and some reddit headlines before my movie started and it made me too anxious to deal with it all.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 01:07 AM   #28800
RainMaker
General Manager

Are they really going to do 2 more of these? This feels so embarrassing to the country that it would he nice if they called it off. I doubt Biden enjoyed this and Trump would rather be watching TV.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote