Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #2051
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
This post after all the pushing and shoving and cajoling I had to do to get people moving on EF and being proven correct. Really bothers me. Still.

Add that to today's constant floundering around answers and meanings and reveals and frnakly pass. I'm not buying your story right now.

You're normally a very straightforward fact by fact player. You lead conversations and you post page long derivations of what is known and what it could mean. In this game you've been evasive, accusitory and haven't really posted anything longer than a paragraph at any given time.

I'm hoping Racer and Mrs. S take a good long look at you soon.

You're making my guts churn every time you post.

I can only scan every other night otherwise I would.
Racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:27 PM   #2052
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
See now this to me sets off my radar. This is a snake oil salesman telling you "buy this or DIE!" you're giving us a black and white scenario and trying your best to convince us that you must be right nwith no actual evidence to back it up.

Indeed, he's going over the top here to protect racer. Without any real reasoning as to why we should ignore racer altogether.

These two statements bother me. We have no evidence with which to trust YOU, and Alan has at least oferred up that he was attacked by racer. While this could indeed be a fake, it seems to me a really bad play because it immediately get alan killed tomorrow if we lynch racer and he turns up good today. Nothing is ever black and white and you trying to make it out that it must be screams *WARNING* to me.

Basically give us some supporting evidence that we could possibly trust at this point, but he's already said he can't or doesn't want to do that, so here we are, standing at the point of another Hoops loaded gun, "trust me or else"

I'm not buying it.

VOTE RACER

RendeR, if you're curious, this is the post that set of alarm bells with me, that you might have been the Bearer of the Necronomicon, with some weird win condition -- especially since Racer kept mentioning you might have one, and I know that different win conditions exist. I don't mean any personal offense, but it really looked like you were just trying to muck things up here.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:28 PM   #2053
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I can only scan every other night otherwise I would.

We're lucky it won't be wasted, then. I've said earlier that my identity will be revealed. If it's not revealed by tomorrow, feel free to lynch me. Just don't waste the scan. Hopefully, since Mrs. Schmidty believes me, she'll follow someone else instead.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:29 PM   #2054
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
We're lucky it won't be wasted, then. I've said earlier that my identity will be revealed. If it's not revealed by tomorrow, feel free to lynch me. Just don't waste the scan. Hopefully, since Mrs. Schmidty believes me, she'll follow someone else instead.

You'd hope that either way though.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:30 PM   #2055
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
RendeR, if you're curious, this is the post that set of alarm bells with me, that you might have been the Bearer of the Necronomicon, with some weird win condition -- especially since Racer kept mentioning you might have one, and I know that different win conditions exist. I don't mean any personal offense, but it really looked like you were just trying to muck things up here.

That post I quoted of yours was 741, if you wanted to look it up.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:31 PM   #2056
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
You'd hope that either way though.

Not the way I'm putting this: if my identity is not revealed tomorrow, feel free to lynch me. I guess that's another difference between Jets's description and mine.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:46 PM   #2057
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

The first two days I was accusing hoops and even racer because we didn't have any real evidence at that point and hoops was being, well, HOOPS.

But your comments came after more days had gone by and we had the evidence to trust them and we had already nailed EF (not my doing other than getting people off the alan/hoops merry go round) and you jumped on me. I just found it very odd that you would do that.

Everything about your play has been off by at few steps this game bud, you're sounding more and more like someone with something far more important to hide.

RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:47 PM   #2058
RendeR
Coordinator

Seriously though Pass, you are NEVER this vague. and You've been unbelievably vague for most of this game.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:11 PM   #2059
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I love how I'm not even around for an hour and a half and I'm still getting dragged into things by Pass...sheesh! LOL

I'm home now, will be in and out of the office checking up to see where we are. Hopefully Schmidty has the post-LSG lynch prose already typed up and ready to go at deadline...hint hint
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:12 PM   #2060
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
I love how I'm not even around for an hour and a half and I'm still getting dragged into things by Pass...sheesh! LOL

I'm home now, will be in and out of the office checking up to see where we are. Hopefully Schmidty has the post-LSG lynch prose already typed up and ready to go at deadline...hint hint

Hey, we may all switch at the last minute.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:15 PM   #2061
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Hey, we may all switch at the last minute.

That is why I'll be checking in periodically

I'm off to scrounge up something for dinner, SeaLion went to get fried chicken but that just isn't what I want.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:40 PM   #2062
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Why isn't Sea Lion playing this game, anyway? *He* would believe me!
Old 06-18-2008, 06:44 PM   #2063
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Why isn't Sea Lion playing this game, anyway? *He* would believe me!

No, no he probably wouldn't
Old 06-18-2008, 06:46 PM   #2064
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
The first two days I was accusing hoops and even racer because we didn't have any real evidence at that point and hoops was being, well, HOOPS.

But your comments came after more days had gone by and we had the evidence to trust them and we had already nailed EF (not my doing other than getting people off the alan/hoops merry go round) and you jumped on me. I just found it very odd that you would do that.

Everything about your play has been off by at few steps this game bud, you're sounding more and more like someone with something far more important to hide.

I'm not sure which comments you meant. Are you talking about how I wanted to lynch Telle yesterday? It may not have been as important as I thought it was, but I really don't think you could call it a bad thing for me to have argued -- I think people looking at it from my perspective can see why it made sense.

If you're talking about my getting on your case -- like I said, I thought you might have been the Bearer of the Necronomicon, or the guy who currently has it -- which, I wasn't sure was a wolf, since there was doubt as to whether the book Telle had was the Necronomicon. I hope this explains any perceived contradictions to Axxon as well (the only thing I can't explain to you, Axxon, is that I didn't think about how this reveal would make me a target for the wolves because I can take their book -- but also remember that it wasn't until after I revealed that someone mentioned that the first post says Telle was the former Bearer).

There, RendeR. You got TWO whole paragraphs out of me!
Old 06-18-2008, 07:13 PM   #2065
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am here and reading to catch up. Anything I should know?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:15 PM   #2066
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Vote LoneStarGirl

Person Hoops suspected the most so I scanned her last night and she turned up a wolf.

lol...like this? Wow, three days, four wolves? Is that some sort of record?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:16 PM   #2067
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
lol...like this? Wow, three days, four wolves? Is that some sort of record?

Unfortunately, the students are planning to break the streak tomorrow. But I'll let you catch up.

Anyway, what's up with LSG? 45 minutes to deadline. Think she will show up?
Old 06-18-2008, 07:17 PM   #2068
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

So I'll put this in now, in case I don't get to the end of the thread in time.

VOTE LONESTARGIRL

Old 06-18-2008, 07:18 PM   #2069
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I am here and reading to catch up. Anything I should know?

Both Pass and Jet claim to be the Arcane Collector. Pass claimed it first today and then an hour or so later Jet came on said he was the Arcane Collector. The rules state that there could be more then one player with the same role.

That and LSG turned up wolf.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:32 PM   #2070
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

holly crap 7 pages of posts......

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:46 PM   #2071
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

I'm back Did everyone miss me????

To answer Pass, SeaLion isn't playing b/c he's taking classes online and is getting into some of the more involved classes now so it's taking up more of his time. He liked the game, but it was kind of an intense game for his 1st time playing, the next time there is a really simple game and he's not tied up with school and work, I'm going to make him play, even if I have to sign him up myself

Doesn't look there is any sort of movement off LSG...I'm around til deadline though just in case...

BTW, I'm very interested to see what Chief has to say about the days events, he's been very quiet by CR standards this game.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:52 PM   #2072
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Today's deadline seems to be less intense then yesterday's deadline. lol.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:53 PM   #2073
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Oh yeah, and Pass...I'd make sure SL didn't believe you either
Old 06-18-2008, 07:53 PM   #2074
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Oh and we have to keep Pass around at least long enough to pass Alan T in posts. I just looked. He only needs 13 more.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:54 PM   #2075
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief works Mondays and Tuesdays -- on other days, he doesn't need to do a conditional.

I never lie about outside of game stuff here, so even though this is out there from someone else, I wanted to clarify. I didn't have to work last night, but I was concerned I wouldn't make it home in time. So I put in a conditional vote yesterday (Monday, I did work both jobs, so that conditional was a definite).

I was pretty sure I would be back in time today (and I was), so I didn't use the conditional today.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:57 PM   #2076
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Both Pass and Jet claim to be the Arcane Collector. Pass claimed it first today and then an hour or so later Jet came on said he was the Arcane Collector. The rules state that there could be more then one player with the same role.

That and LSG turned up wolf.

I am wondering why the hubbub over Pass-henry if there can be more than one player with the same role. Although it is weird to have two of this role. I would have guessed that line was referring to the multiple seers.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:59 PM   #2077
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
BTW, I'm very interested to see what Chief has to say about the days events, he's been very quiet by CR standards this game.

I'm thinking about doing some heavy vote analysis tonight. This is my first night this deep in the game where I am relatively free.

Although to be fair, my post count was actually pretty high compared to most in this thread, and that's with me being gone probably 80% of the time.

I am actually quite impressed with my own participation, if I do say so myself.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:00 PM   #2078
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Also, I see some people have mentioned wanting to look at me, and that makes sense, as I am one of the uncleared. I will freely answer any questions anyone might have while I am here.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:04 PM   #2079
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Posting Deadline for hubby
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:05 PM   #2080
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

We had unexpected company so the result will be posted a little late - I'm guessing about 1/2 an hour from now - btw, I think it's safe to say that LSG is dead - speaking of...where was she? did she just see it and give up?
Old 06-18-2008, 08:06 PM   #2081
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I am wondering why the hubbub over Pass-henry if there can be more than one player with the same role. Although it is weird to have two of this role. I would have guessed that line was referring to the multiple seers.

I'll answer this.

Both players that claim to be the Arcane Collector have stated slightly different victory conditions.

Well, very different conditions if you believe Pass when he says Jets claimed the exact same victory conditions as a student.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:07 PM   #2082
path12
Coordinator

I saw her in thread at some point. Sometimes it's just not worth arguing.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:12 PM   #2083
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll answer this.

Both players that claim to be the Arcane Collector have stated slightly different victory conditions.

Well, very different conditions if you believe Pass when he says Jets claimed the exact same victory conditions as a student.

Hmm, I would agree if there are multiple roles like that, it's far more likely they have the same win conditions (as if they were competing with each other). So having different win conditions is curious and concerning.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:17 PM   #2084
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Hmm, I would agree if there are multiple roles like that, it's far more likely they have the same win conditions (as if they were competing with each other). So having different win conditions is curious and concerning.

Maybe Mrs. S can chime in also (if she hasn't already). I'm guessing she's the private eye which is also a non-student role. Depending on what her victory conditions are, I think it would give us a little better idea if one or the other might be lying.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:19 PM   #2085
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Also to the bodyguard whoever it is. PLEASE do not protect me tonight. I've PM'd Schmidty to make sure, but I am about 99% sure that I can't scan tonight. Tomorrow night would be the night to protect me if I am still alive.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:19 PM   #2086
Schmidty
Coordinator

Unexpected visitors arrived, and even before that, I hadn't checked anything all day. I need to catch up, and will post results asap.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:21 PM   #2087
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Maybe Mrs. S can chime in also (if she hasn't already). I'm guessing she's the private eye which is also a non-student role. Depending on what her victory conditions are, I think it would give us a little better idea if one or the other might be lying.

Well, having a non-student role (besides wolf, of course) doesn't mean it's a true third party. It's far more standard that players have roles and are students or win with the students. I don't think Mrs. S has any other win conditions like a third party, and only wins with the students like most. I don't know for sure, of course, but that was my impression. Did she say she has her own victory conditions?

Old 06-18-2008, 08:22 PM   #2088
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also to the bodyguard whoever it is. PLEASE do not protect me tonight. I've PM'd Schmidty to make sure, but I am about 99% sure that I can't scan tonight. Tomorrow night would be the night to protect me if I am still alive.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to let the wolves know you don't want to be protected.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:24 PM   #2089
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Well, having a non-student role (besides wolf, of course) doesn't mean it's a true third party. It's far more standard that players have roles and are students or win with the students. I don't think Mrs. S has any other win conditions like a third party, and only wins with the students like most. I don't know for sure, of course, but that was my impression. Did she say she has her own victory conditions?

I'm not sure if she has said or not.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:32 PM   #2090
Schmidty
Coordinator

Right after you find KWhit's body, Racer announces, "LoneStarGirl is one of our captors, and is full of evil". He points to her with certainty.

LoneStarDoesn't even flinch as you all converge on her, and bludgeon her to death. After searching her body, there is no doubt that Racer was correct.

LoneStarGirl was a member of the Order of R'lyeh!!!

Night 5 has begun.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:34 PM   #2091
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not sure if she has said or not.

So what makes you jump to that conclusion then? Not trying to put you through the ringer--you're pretty much #1 on my trust list--but it just struck me as an odd comment unless there was some previous action/supposition to back it up.

I really just assume everyone is either student or wolf, unless I specifically find out otherwise. Third party roles with their own win conditions aren't really used that often.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:35 PM   #2092
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Right after you find KWhit's body, Racer announces, "LoneStarGirl is one of our captors, and is full of evil". He points to her with certainty.

LoneStarDoesn't even flinch as you all converge on her, and bludgeon her to death. After searching her body, there is no doubt that Racer was correct.

LoneStarGirl was a member of the Order of R'lyeh!!!

Night 5 has begun.

Well, no shock there. But the game is still going, so we still have someone furry amongst us.

And no book. But I guess that's not a surprise if the wolves can pass it around.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:37 PM   #2093
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:

I'm actually the Snoop/Hunter
Old 06-18-2008, 08:37 PM   #2094
Schmidty
Coordinator

Two things:

First, I want to apologize to KWhit for not sending him a PM when he was murdered. I do the night actions right before I leave work, and this morning, I was extra tired. Again, I apologize.

Secondly, I might not be around much before I go to work at 1 a.m. EST. If I don't answer your PM before then, I apologize.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:39 PM   #2095
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:

I'm a first year student of economics and have no specific win conditions - win the students win, I win.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:41 PM   #2096
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
So what makes you jump to that conclusion then?
It was a pretty safe assumption since I said I get to follow a different person each night and report what I do or do not see
Old 06-18-2008, 08:42 PM   #2097
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Go wolves!!! (Still trying to project a positive outlook)
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:45 PM   #2098
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

I have some thoughts but think it's best to not say too much until after night phase is over. I'll be posting my opinion in the morning after night deadline, provided I'm still alive...
Old 06-18-2008, 08:50 PM   #2099
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
It was a pretty safe assumption since I said I get to follow a different person each night and report what I do or do not see

No, actually it's not. What you're describing is a role action, and students have those, like seers, BGs. You're in the WW role of Spy, although it's not called that here. It has nothing to do with being a whole separate third party with its own win conditions, as Racer seemed to suggest.

But, whatever, it's not a big deal. I'm just trying to figure it out.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:53 PM   #2100
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
So what makes you jump to that conclusion then? Not trying to put you through the ringer--you're pretty much #1 on my trust list--but it just struck me as an odd comment unless there was some previous action/supposition to back it up.

I really just assume everyone is either student or wolf, unless I specifically find out otherwise. Third party roles with their own win conditions aren't really used that often.

I just figured she was the private eye based on her night abilities. That role is listed as "other" in the roles list on page one. I guess I was wrong about what role she has though.