Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-19-2008, 08:31 PM   #2301
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Villagers win!!! Why am I not surprised that Chief Rum chose Mrs. S as the wolves' final victim?

She earned it.

She played really well in her first game, so what better way to honor her then by taking her with me?

Mrs. S. and I will rule the Underworld--if we can just get Alan T to shut up.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:31 PM   #2302
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Something like, "Well, I gotta pick someone, so why not Chief?" lol

that was my reason for the vote, but you FREAKED out. kinda obvious

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:31 PM   #2303
hoopsguy
General Manager

It really felt like the villagers ran extremely hot this game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:31 PM   #2304
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Congrats villagers, well played.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:31 PM   #2305
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Students win though! Woot! Fun game guys I hope to play again! I'd say for first timers, Jet and I lasted pretty well!
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:32 PM   #2306
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Yeah. I think in my next game, I'll have less random.org.

Last edited by Schmidty : 06-19-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:32 PM   #2307
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

and cronin is in vegas.... so someone get a signup going....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-19-2008, 08:32 PM   #2308
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
-if we can just get Alan T to shut up.

I don't see that happening....
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:33 PM   #2309
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
Why me?!?!?! so sad

Actually, it really was as a sort of honor. You and your role was a constant sore in our side, and we would have taken you out sooner, except we were playing guessing games with Render and lost. Render also played very well as the BG. He was another secret key to success. He finally won the chess game between himself and us wolves when he blocked me trying to kill you last night.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:34 PM   #2310
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
that was my reason for the vote, but you FREAKED out. kinda obvious

So obvious I was lynched that night, eh?

Old 06-19-2008, 08:34 PM   #2311
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm busy running the BB-BBCF sim, and then have more work to do tonight.. but just wanted to drop a few comments about the game.

Thanks for running it Schmidty, I had alot of fun this game. I think there were probably some balance issues that should be worked out if you ever plan to run it again, but I don't think anyone should let that take away from the great game several villagers played.

Regardless of role balance, Mrs.Schmidty chose myself and Eaglefan days 1 and 2 to follow, and even though she didn't see me do anything, it was a great choice in both cases. Plus in her first game, Mrs.Schmidty had some excellent strategy throughout the later stages on the game that helped keep any hope for the wolves checked.

Racer/Hoopsguy did great in their choices of who to scan between myself and Lonestargirl (as well as clearing Render at the start making it so he didn't have to ever reveal as the bodyguard which was very key later on).

Passacaglia, while not a villager had an excellent play in his own role to meet his objective.

The funny part of it all.. was we had almost every villager roled player nailed on day 1 and still couldn't get it done. We had figured Hoops, Racer, Jackal, Kwhit, Henry all with villager roles. The two we didn't figure out until after reveals was Mrs.Schmidty and Render.

By the time you had all three of us on the line, the only thing I could really do was try to force a tie both days, the first day Hoops did a good job of making sure that wasn't going to happen with the help of Racer. The second day I thought I had a chance until Henry came out of nowhere and shot that down.. ugh...

Oh well, not one of my better games that is for sure, but I think that was in part due to the excellent game many of the villagers played..

Oh and once again apologies to Telle for us dragging you into that mess lol.. I have to run, I'll let Chief or LSG respond to why we did what we did.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:35 PM   #2312
Schmidty
Coordinator

Well, anyway, I hope everyone had fun. It's too bad the wolves had so much bad luck. After the first night, with Eaglefan finding the Bearer right off the bat, I figured they were at a huge advantage. But then it downhill.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:35 PM   #2313
hoopsguy
General Manager

RendeR, sorry for not giving you the heads-up to guard me - I thought about doing it, but I was hoping that the wolves had higher priority targets. Looking back - especially having mentioned suspecting LSG and Chief - I'm not at all surprised they took me that night.

That said, I'm glad Racer and Mrs Schmidty got to have extended games - it was fun watching them work, along with the rest of the villagers.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:36 PM   #2314
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So obvious I was lynched that night, eh?

obvious to me

and that was when everyone got nailed... even if anyone had belived me they had others to lynch,. and alan being alan.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-19-2008, 08:36 PM   #2315
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

There was some luck, no doubt about it, but there were also some really good calls. For instance, what on Earth tripped you on LSG? She was our ace in the hole.

Racer was terrific and his idea of having Mrs. Schmidty watch him essentially saved him and provided a key stall on us wolves that set up Render blocking me last night.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:36 PM   #2316
Schmidty
Coordinator

Here are the role descriptions and powers:

Hoopsguy
Psychic Twin – Since you were a child, you have always been able to hear your brother's thoughts, although only in short streams. Over time, you (and your brother) have also developed the ability to “see” a person's true intentions by looking at the auras surrounding them.

You are also a Psychology major.

Powers – You can communicate with your twin, but only once during the day, and the PM must be 15 words or less from each. I need a copy of the Pms. It doesn't matter who PMs first. In addition, you may scan a person every other night. This ability will reveal to you if the player is a cultist or a villager, but will reveal no other role info. Your brother also has this ability, and you will alternate. You are the twin that can use the ability first.

Your twin is Racer.

Racer
Psychic Twin – Since you were a child, you have always been able to hear your brother's thought, although only in short streams of thought. Over time, you (and your brother) have also developed the ability to “see” a person's true intentions by looking at the auras surrounding them.

You are also in Paranormal Studies.

Powers – You can communicate with your twin, but only once during the day, and the PM must be 15 words or less from each. I need a copy of the Pms. It doesn't matter who PMs first. In addition, you may scan a person every other night. This ability will reveal to you if the player is a cultist or a student, but will reveal no other role info. Your brother also has this ability, and you will alternate. Your twin be the one to use the ability first.

Your twin is hoopsguy

Render
Martial Artist – Although you are an excellent student, your true passion has always been the martial arts. Since a young child, you have honed your skills in many different disciplines, and hold many trophies and belts.

You are also a Theology major.

Power - Each night, you can protect any one player (other than self) from wolves during the night cycle. If you protect the same player the next night, there will be a 50% chance of failure. If you protect the same player three nights in a row, there will be a 75% chance of failure. You may not protect the same player more than three days in a row. When you successfully protect another player, there will be a 30% chance that you will see who the attacker is. If you are ever attacked by a wolf, you will die, even if protecting another player (although that person will still be protected).

Henry296
Rageaholic – You have always been a hot-head, but over the years have trained yourself to keep it in. Unfortunately, the anger and rage has built up to the breaking point, and when it explodes, it is going to be terrible to behold.

Your major is Statistics.

Power - Once per game during the day phase, you may choose to target and kill any player. If it is a Cultist, you will also be killed (but at least you took out a wolf).

Kwhit
Manipulator - You have always had a way with words. Even your gestures and tone of voice seem to be able to sway people to your side of a discussion.

Also, your area of study is in Political Science.

Power - Once a game, you may secretly cast an extra lynch vote. Obviously, you must PM me before the deadline.

The Jackal
Pre-med Student - You have always loved to help others, and that compassion drove you to become a doctor. Although you only a pre-med student, you are at the top of your class, and already know as much as most doctors.

Power - Twice per game, you may choose one player (other than yourself) to protect during the night phase.

Passacaglia
The Private Eye - You might be a student by day, but by night, you fancy yourself a Private Eye. Well, more like a bounty hunter, but that doesn't sound as cool to you. You got a tip from a connection at the Arkham Police office that there has been a string of burglaries at all of the main colleges in the northeast, and he thinks Miskatonic might be next. The thief is strange though. Apparently he only steals rare books. Since the Orne library hold some of the rarest in the world he sent you there to sniff around.

To everyone else, you are a pre-law student.

Power - Each night, you may scan another player to see if they are the The Arcane Collector. If that player is the Collector, he/she is taken from the game, but your role is revealed. You win a major victory if you personally eliminate the Collector and the Villagers win, and you win a normal victory if the Villagers win, but you do not personally eliminate the Collector. In addition, when counting wolves and villagers for the victory conditions, you don't count.

JetsIn06
The Arcane Collector - You lust for power, and (in your deranged mind) you know that true power can only be found in certain books. You have stolen...er.....collected many books over the past few years, but your ultimate goal is to find the greatest one of all - The Necronomicon. You have heard that it might actually be here at Miskatonic University, so posing as transfer student majoring in biology, you have arrive to seek your prize.

Power/Abilities/Goals - Every night, you must search a player to see if they possess the Necronomicon. If the player does have it, you will steal it. If the player is being guarded in any way, you will not be able to search the player that night. If the player you scan is a wolf, he/she will be revealed as such. You win if the wolves win. In addition, when counting wolves and villagers for the victory conditions, you don't count.

Telle
The Bearer of the Necronomicon - You are an avid reader, especially about the paranormal, the arcane, and things unseen and unknown. When a part-time job in the library opened up, you naturally jumped at the opportunity. Earlier this evening, while cleaning up in the basement, you noticed the head librarian leaving the Vault. As you were passing him, you bumped into him, knocking you both to the floor. As you apologized, you noticed that a book had slipped from his bag, so you quickly kicked it into the shadows. After a terse, "It's fine, it's fine", the librarian stomped away. You shoved the book into your pants, and almost ran to the ladies room. You quickly sat down in a stall, pulled out the book and opened it. You realized right away what you had. You were filled with fascination and fear. You had the Necronomicon in your possession.

Powers/Goal - Once per game, during the day phase, you may use one of the following abilities: A) Save someone (including yourself) from being lynched B) Learn someone's role or C) Kill another player. If you use power A) there is a chance that you will be revealed as the Bearer of the Necronomicon. If you use power B) there is a very small chance that you will be revealed. If you use power C) there is a good chance that you will be revealed. If you are killed by the wolves, they will take possession of the cursed book. If you are ever lynched, the villagers will discover the book, and destroy it. You win if the villagers win

Mrs. Schmidty
The Snoop - You have always been a person who loves to learn things you aren't supposed to, and beter yet to gossip about your discoveries. Even in elementary school, you would stand around corners, or under benches just to hear the hushed conversations of teachers, your fellow students, and even janitors. This compulsion has gotten you in trouble quite a few times, but has also come in handy when the info was useful enough on the occasions it saved you or your friends necks.

You are a first year student pursuing an Economics degree.

Power - Each night, you may follow one player, and see whatever actions that player takes.

Alan T
Adept of Father Dagon - Your only dream in life is to see the glory of the Deep Ones. The only way to achieve your goal is to get the Necronimicon. Your three brethren, the Priest of Chthulhu, the Adept of Mother Hydra, and the Initiate of R'lyeh share this blessed goal.Your attachment to Father Dagon, in particular, has heightened your arcane senses. You can see but not be seen.

You have come to Miskatonic University to find the book, and are posing as a student in the Entomology field.

Powers - You may communicate freely with your fellow cultists. You and your cohorts have the ability to send one of you to kill another player each night phase. In addition, you may scan a player of your choice during the night phase to see if they have the Seer ability. If you use this power, you may not use it the next night, but can the following night (basically, you can use it every other night after it was first used). Additionally, if you are ever scanned or followed by someone, there is a 50% chance that you will instantly know their identity, and there is a 50% chance that they will fail to learn your role.

Your fellow cultists are Chief Rum (Adept of Mother Hydra), Eaglefan (Priest of Cthulhu), and LoneStarGirl(Initiate of R'lyeh)

Chief Rum
Adept of Mother Hydra - You have no past. No past that you can remember anyway. You don't even have a soul. Your soul is owned by the Deep Ones. Your only goal is to see them and their kingdom in all of it's glory. The only way that can be accomplished is by finding the book. The Necronomicon. You will stop at nothing to get it, and neither will your brethren. Your connection to mother hydra, in particular, makes you strong. Your heart pumps with her power and rage, and you long for the day you can release her fury.

You have come to Miskatonic to get what is yours. You are posing as a Geology Major.

Powers - You may PM freely with your fellow cultists. Each night, you and your cohorts may choose to send one of you to kill a player. In addition, if you are ever lynched, you may choose one player to kill before your death.

Your fellow cultists are Eaglefan (Priest of Cthulhu), AlanT (Adept of Father Dagon), and LoneStarGirl (Initiate of R'lyeh)

Eaglefan
Priest of Cthulhu - You have nothing. You are simply a vessel for the Deep Ones desire to arise. You don't even have a soul. Your only goal is to see them and their kingdom in all of it's glory. The only way that can be accomplished is by finding the book. The Necronomicon. You will stop at nothing to get it, and neither will your brethren. Your connection to Cthulhu, in particular, drives you fervently search for the Necronomicon. Cthulhu has given you knowledge and power to find the key to his freedom.

You have come to Miskatonic to get what is yours. You are posing as a Botany Major.

Powers - You may PM freely with your fellow cultists. Each night, you and your cohorts may choose to send one of you to kill a player. In addition, once per night, you may scan a player to see if they possess the Necronomicon. If they don't, nothing else about them will be revealed to you.

Your fellow cultists are Chief Rum (Adept of Mother Hydra), AlanT (Adept of Father Dagon), and LoneStarGirl (Initiate of R'lyeh)

LoneStarGirl
Initiate of R'lyeh – Your greatest dream in life is to become one of the brethren of the Deep ones. Right now you are only an initiate. You know that in order to do that, you must push the last shreds of sanity aside, and fall into the never-ending pit of madness. The Necronomicon must be found, and you want to be the one to find it, securing your place forever in depths of R'lyeh.

You have come to Miskonic University to achieve your goal. To do so, you are posing as a student in the field of Criminal Justice.

Powers - You may PM freely with your fellow cultists. Each night, you and your cohorts may choose to send one of you to kill a player.

Your fellow cultists are Eaglefan (Priest of Cthulhu), AlanT (Adept of Father Dagon), and Chief Rum (Adept of Mother Hydra)

claphamsa
You are a Mathematics major at Miskatonic University.

As of right now, you have no special abilities.

PurdueBrad
You are a Physics major at Miskatonic University.

mccollins
You are a student of English Literature at Miskatonic University.

Right now, you have no special powers.

Path12
You are a Liberal Arts major at Miskatonic University.

You likey the ladies, and they likey you!!!!

Axxon
You are an Engineering Major at Miskatonic University.

Your ability to understand structure and design, may or may not help you.

Oliegirl
You are a student in the Architecture field at Miskatonic University.

Your knowledge of building design is great, and may or may not help you along the way.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:38 PM   #2317
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
obvious to me

and that was when everyone got nailed... even if anyone had belived me they had others to lynch,. and alan being alan.

Everything is "obvious" to you if you want to believe it. I'll give you props if you want, but you pulled that outta yer arse, and ya know it.

It was true what I said that day. I was a candidate for lynch on Day Two (before everyone was revealed, BTW, clap, you're wrong there), and not a one of ya had a good reason to vote me.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:42 PM   #2318
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I can answer questions if anyone wants.

I agree with Alan said. I think some minor balance issues ended up cropping upo, but for the most part, it was a good game, and most importantly, we all had a blast. Thanks Schmidty!

To my recollection, this was the first time Alan and I have been wolves together, and we may have set a record for wolf futility.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:43 PM   #2319
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BTW, I am curious why everyone thought the majors were a big deal. I think only a handful of roles had majors that were hints to the roles. I was a Geology major. No one ever asked me (although strangely enough I was then pinpointed for "choosing" to not reveal that, heh).

Old 06-19-2008, 08:44 PM   #2320
hoopsguy
General Manager

Schmidty, what were all the cases of random.org coming into play?

I know of a couple with Alan and one with me - would be interested in getting a rundown on those. I think there are normally ways to minimize randomness, but the more roles you have the harder it gets.

I also think you crafted a fun "universe" for our game, with the PMs + day/night stuff. That always helps get players participating - all of that helps build a good game.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:45 PM   #2321
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I know of a couple with Alan and one with me - would be interested in getting a rundown on those. I think there are normally ways to minimize randomness, but the more roles you have the harder it gets.

I also think you crafted a fun "universe" for our game, with the PMs + day/night stuff. That always helps get players participating - all of that helps build a good game.

As far as I am aware, I had 4 rolls against me which I failed 3 of..

Mrs.Schmidty was able to follow me, Racer could scan me and I failed my roll to see mrs.schmidty follow me.

THe only roll I actually got was that I knew Racer scanned me.. So I went 1/4
Old 06-19-2008, 08:47 PM   #2322
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think my one quibble would actually be too many roles. I have fallen into that trap myself. The Pass and henry thing was a killer. That was two uncleared suddenly cleared in one swoop, when uncleared people were getting rare. There needs to be a little more room for the wolves to maneuver, IMO.

But that was really about it. I don't know about the random issues. It seemed to me the consequences of what happened came down to the choices people made, and that's the most important part of making a successful game, IMO.

As hoops said, above and beyond that, did the players have a blast? I think so. I sure did, even in losing. And that's all that matters.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:49 PM   #2323
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
As far as I am aware, I had 4 rolls against me which I failed 3 of..

Mrs.Schmidty was able to follow me, Racer could scan me and I failed my roll to see mrs.schmidty follow me.

THe only roll I actually got was that I knew Racer scanned me.. So I went 1/4

Sheesh, you're right, Alan. You really sucked.

Oh yeah, and your KWhit is the BG idea? Bombed!

(yeah, like I was on fire...)

Old 06-19-2008, 08:50 PM   #2324
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
There was some luck, no doubt about it, but there were also some really good calls. For instance, what on Earth tripped you on LSG? She was our ace in the hole.

Racer was terrific and his idea of having Mrs. Schmidty watch him essentially saved him and provided a key stall on us wolves that set up Render blocking me last night.

The biggest point was during the showdown with Alan I was paying attention to who was questioning me and not giving Alan the business in return. If a player is trying to sort through the stories they should be applying even pressure and I didn't think she was.

I don't know what else to say about it, other than you get a bead on some players better than others over time. For whatever reason I'm right pretty often on LSG - just like I'm wrong more than I should be with Cronin and Abe/Anxiety.

After seeing the list of wolves I was really hoping that Racer would remember my suspicions posted in the thread. We had really minimal PM chat, so the stuff in the thread after Day 3 was over was the most conversation we had all game long.

Thanks for letting me be your wingman, Racer. I had a lot of fun with our dual role.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:51 PM   #2325
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sheesh, you're right, Alan. You really sucked.

Oh yeah, and your KWhit is the BG idea? Bombed!

(yeah, like I was on fire...)

Yeah.. well I can't win them all!

For those wondering.. we initially thought Telle or Henry might be the seers.. Then figured out Telle had the book, so then went to Henry or Hoops might be seers..

We had a difficult choice night 2 if we wanted to kill hoops or convert Telle. We decided to convert Telle because we thought only Eaglefan might be able to convert (Was that the case Schmidty?) and with him having heat on him the first two days we were concerned we might lose him.

Then we went to wondering if Henry or Kwhit were the bodyguard, and figured the other was the manipulator. We wern't sure if the manipulator was a duke or a role to prevent people from using their role that night, which also affected our decisions on who to send to do kills.

Render was completely off the map for me the entire game.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:52 PM   #2326
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chief, I've had two games where I've been really fired up about my wolf teammates. Both times it has been a bitch trying to win the game, due to the notoriety of the wolf team. At this point, when I'm a wolf I just want guys that I haven't played with before (have we ever been wolf teammates? I don't think so) to shoot the breeze with about the game for a day or two before I'm dead.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:53 PM   #2327
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief, I've had two games where I've been really fired up about my wolf teammates. Both times it has been a bitch trying to win the game, due to the notoriety of the wolf team. At this point, when I'm a wolf I just want guys that I haven't played with before (have we ever been wolf teammates? I don't think so) to shoot the breeze with about the game for a day or two before I'm dead.

It was kind of rough shooting the breeze as wolves this game as Chief, LSG's and my schedules were completely different. I had Eaglefan who bounced back and forth alot of ideas and Chief chimed in from work, but it was a rough wolf schedule to work around for that type of thing. (Such as in the past we might have entire wolf AIM chats or such, we just couldn't here)
Old 06-19-2008, 08:54 PM   #2328
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
We had a difficult choice night 2 if we wanted to kill hoops or convert Telle. We decided to convert Telle because we thought only Eaglefan might be able to convert (Was that the case Schmidty?) and with him having heat on him the first two days we were concerned we might lose him.

Nope. He was just the Necronomicon "Seer". It didn't matter who did the attack, it would have resulted in the same thing.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:55 PM   #2329
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The biggest point was during the showdown with Alan I was paying attention to who was questioning me and not giving Alan the business in return. If a player is trying to sort through the stories they should be applying even pressure and I didn't think she was.

I don't know what else to say about it, other than you get a bead on some players better than others over time. For whatever reason I'm right pretty often on LSG - just like I'm wrong more than I should be with Cronin and Abe/Anxiety.

After seeing the list of wolves I was really hoping that Racer would remember my suspicions posted in the thread. We had really minimal PM chat, so the stuff in the thread after Day 3 was over was the most conversation we had all game long.

Thanks for letting me be your wingman, Racer. I had a lot of fun with our dual role.

Yeah. I had a lot more fun being a dual seer then being a single seer. It's a pretty cool role. I also think it's quite a bit more powerful then a regular seer (you start out with a CoT, if both stay alive you can try to steer votes before either reveals (Alan T's ability killed that idea this game), and if you lose one seer the village still has seer who can scan every other day).
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:55 PM   #2330
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Nope. He was just the Necronomicon "Seer". It didn't matter who did the attack, it would have resulted in the same thing.

Ah that figures.. We debated whether it mattered because your writeup said that we had to use the right words in order to convert her.. and since none of us knew what the words were, we wern't sure if it mattered who did the job.

We definitely would have gone a different direction with night 2 had we known that probably. I think we would have killed Hoopsguy
Old 06-19-2008, 08:56 PM   #2331
Schmidty
Coordinator

By the way, if I don't answer question right now, or I miss something, it's because I need to go make dinnner.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:57 PM   #2332
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Ah that figures.. We debated whether it mattered because your writeup said that we had to use the right words in order to convert her.. and since none of us knew what the words were, we wern't sure if it mattered who did the job.

We definitely would have gone a different direction with night 2 had we known that probably. I think we would have killed Hoopsguy

My fault. I think I was too vague a lot in this game because I wanted it to have a mysterious mood, but I think that really had an impact in a lot of decisions.

I learned a lot of lessons in this game.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:57 PM   #2333
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yeah, I can see that. And, no, I don't think we have ever been wolves together. And I think the only time I have ever been a wolf with cronin was a game where the wolves didn't know each other (Alan's wizard game, I think), and I don't think I have ever been a wolf with Lathum or BK either.

So if I come up wolf early in a game, do yourselves a favor and immediately kill off Pass, path and KWhit.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:59 PM   #2334
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
YOU LIED TO ME!!!! YOU BASTARD!!!

You were umm...saying Chief??
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:01 PM   #2335
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BTW, Alan was arguing that we should still try to take out Racer when he revealed. I should have listened. I was the main guy arguing for hoops. I am pretty sure Render did not protect Racer that night, because he protected Racer last night, so that would have been two nights in a row.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:01 PM   #2336
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
You were umm...saying Chief??

What'dya think, I was gonna go away meekly like a mouse?

You guys are just lucky I wasn't here earlier in the day. And you guys thought you were upset at Alan confusing things.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:04 PM   #2337
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
BTW, Alan was arguing that we should still try to take out Racer when he revealed. I should have listened. I was the main guy arguing for hoops. I am pretty sure Render did not protect Racer that night, because he protected Racer last night, so that would have been two nights in a row.

Well don't only reveal one half of that story I was saying we shouldn't go after Hoops because he would be useless without Racer anyways.. So I was wrong and you were right about that part at least, and Hoops would have nailed LSG a day earlier and even more of a mess..

So you were more right than I was on that one.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:06 PM   #2338
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Hoops was actually the right choice because he had the scan that night. He chose to scan LSG but he died before he could tell whether she was good or not. Hoops really deserves all the credit on sniffing out LSG, I was quite a bit more suspicious of Kwit at that point.

Both of us were onto Alan T though.

I really enjoyed being a dual seer with Hoops, but I do have to ask one question to Hoops. Did you think that Alan T knew that we were both seers from Schmidty's PM?
Old 06-19-2008, 09:07 PM   #2339
hoopsguy
General Manager

Is it a little messed up that I was excited about a showdown with Alan at the start of Day 3?
Old 06-19-2008, 09:10 PM   #2340
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Is it a little messed up that I was excited about a showdown with Alan at the start of Day 3?

not really, you and Alan's elicit sexual activities are pretty uch common knowledge
Old 06-19-2008, 09:12 PM   #2341
henry296
College Starter

I was torn about what was the right time to use my power. I knew for sure that if I was ever in danger, I would take a crack at somebody else. The night I used it was really a last minute decision since I wasn't available during the next day. I felt fairly comfortable that they were both worth killing since we knew Telle was wolf and eliminating Alan at least would reduce the noise or get us another wolf. However, since we had a known wolf in our grasp I was concerned that my sacrifice would hurt the students by sacrificing myself. Any thoughts on how to leverage a day kill role?
Old 06-19-2008, 09:16 PM   #2342
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
I was torn about what was the right time to use my power. I knew for sure that if I was ever in danger, I would take a crack at somebody else. The night I used it was really a last minute decision since I wasn't available during the next day. I felt fairly comfortable that they were both worth killing since we knew Telle was wolf and eliminating Alan at least would reduce the noise or get us another wolf. However, since we had a known wolf in our grasp I was concerned that my sacrifice would hurt the students by sacrificing myself. Any thoughts on how to leverage a day kill role?

You couldn't have used your role ANY better. Trading a player for 2 wolves is HUGE. You picked the absolute perfect timing for your powers. great play henry.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:16 PM   #2343
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post

I thought you picked a fine time.. Either then or the day before would have been a fine time to use it. The only caveat the day before was while Mrs.Schmidty's reveal seemed likely due to not making sense she would be a wolf who outed herself in that situation, it wasn't sure at the time. So I would have used it when you did or the day before. I thought you did well there.. I really had hopes up that I was going to confuse everyone enough to try to get a tie there too.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:21 PM   #2344
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Heh, it almost worked, Alan. I worked up a fuss that night to play opposite, but I was actually laughing my butt off at how close you came to pulling off the tie.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:23 PM   #2345
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Shout out to Tyrith. Join us in the next one!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:23 PM   #2346
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
BTW, I am curious why everyone thought the majors were a big deal. I think only a handful of roles had majors that were hints to the roles. I was a Geology major. No one ever asked me (although strangely enough I was then pinpointed for "choosing" to not reveal that, heh).

I only asked about majors because I was looking for the Arcane Collector.

Anyway, good job students! I had no read on CR, so didn't vote, but you guys came through! Good game, Schmidty!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:28 PM   #2347
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Oh, and wanted to add that you nailed your role, henry. Very well done. That one hurt. We were counting on it being another day before Telle was gone.

Think about it. Like Alan said, we had pretty much nailed all the main roles except the BG by Night 2. We already had the Book and a convert in Telle. In just two days, we went from that high to the low of seeing Alan, EF and Telle all revealed and killed, and LSG being outed to start the next morning. Ouch.

henry, Racer, Mrs. Schmidty, Render, Pass and hoops were all utter All Stars in this one.

BTW, hoops, I do remember that about LSG about her arguing against you much more than Alan, and I thought at the time it felt obvious, but I dismissed that because I figured I was influenced by the fact I knew LSG and Alan were both wolves. So good pickup by you there.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:29 PM   #2348
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I only asked about majors because I was looking for the Arcane Collector.

Anyway, good job students! I had no read on CR, so didn't vote, but you guys came through! Good game, Schmidty!

Probably the one thing I can take from the game. I was never revealed or a "sure thing" until the end. BTW, you all have no idea how scary the Day One and Two lynches were for us wolves.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:34 PM   #2349
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Probably the one thing I can take from the game. I was never revealed or a "sure thing" until the end. BTW, you all have no idea how scary the Day One and Two lynches were for us wolves.

I don't think anyone was very sure you were the last wolf though. I think it was just that everyone felt you were a little more likely then the other three players who hadn't been vouched for. That's at least how I felt anyways.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:38 PM   #2350
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I don't think anyone was very sure you were the last wolf though. I think it was just that everyone felt you were a little more likely then the other three players who hadn't been vouched for. That's at least how I felt anyways.

I agree. I think I could have turned that if I was on early in the day. But getting back with 45 mins to go and every vote is already on me? I decided to f*** with you guys instead.