Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-22-2024, 10:31 AM   #1
NYC13
n00b

"Probable" Player Not Playing

Another question I've come across that I can't find an answer to. Note in my current save I have the AI set to handling the playbook and gameplan.

I have a player with a minor shoulder injury who is listed as probable on the injury report. The game has no issue with me having him in the depth chart etc. However, when I get into games, even when I am calling the plays, the AI will automatically sub in a backup player for this guy. This is a pretty big problem considering I am in the playoffs and the "probable" player in question is my 70+ rated WR1 lol.

Is this handled during the gameplan phase? So since the AI is handling gameplan for me it decides that it's not playing any injured players? Or is there another way to control this? In my case, I've simmed through the gameplan days and I am sitting at game day and can't find a way to make this guy play.

In any case, seems pretty odd that the AI would decide to bench a probable status player (especially a 70+ rated one) in the divisional round of the playoffs...

NYC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 03:35 AM   #2
cupofjoe
n00b

I've had this happen, with the player only playing for a short time and then getting subbed out. I've always taken that as intentional. The player gives it a "go" and then just can't continue playing. It happens in real games where players try to play with an injury but it just doesn't work out.

Not sure if this is the intention or if it's just a bug
cupofjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 04:05 PM   #3
NYC13
n00b

I actually figured it out. In one of the gameplan menus (can't remember which one specifically will have to go back and check) there is a setting for playing injured players. I turned it up and went into the game to coach and my probable guys played the whole game.
NYC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 02:58 PM   #4
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Thanks, NYC, I see this now, and I think that helps with the same issue I had! It's getting annoying the amount of micromanaging I need to do now. I just arsed myself up to handling the depth charts, because I didn't like the way those are being handled. And now needing to control gameplans when I'm not interested in it, just so probable guys can play. That seems like too much!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 03:10 PM   #5
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Thanks, NYC, I see this now, and I think that helps with the same issue I had! It's getting annoying the amount of micromanaging I need to do now. I just arsed myself up to handling the depth charts, because I didn't like the way those are being handled. And now needing to control gameplans when I'm not interested in it, just so probable guys can play. That seems like too much!

This is where I’ve found myself TBH too
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote