Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #201
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Surprisingly I am an engineer who only average at puzzles (I guess I'm a lousy engineer). I do have good strength though so rowing the boat would probably be my best bet.

I am excellent in the category of scrappy (just not sure if that helps us with anything in this one).

This shows that EF has some strength, and we have to use him. So, since I generally agree with ML, that strength may be a factor, I think two good strength guys (one on each 2 man team) should cover us. This would allow us to rest our strongest guys.

If folks are really convinced that a 3rd muscle man is needed, Thomkal can certainly take my place.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #202
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Only average on puzzles but my strength may help, if I am teamed up with someone that is good at puzzles it could work out well.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #203
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: Sorry that I missed out on yesterday's challenge, that one may have been a good one for me with the strength, stamina and scrappy attribute.

Not much more time for me today as I am swamped again by work. Trying to bust my hump a bit so I can be freed up to watch game 6 tonight.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:11 PM   #204
heybrad
Norm!!!

So is Darth still going to be the caller? I like the idea that we should be clear that once all puzzle pieces are back, I should be shouting out instructions to the stronger players while still helping myself since I'm Excellent in puzzles.

Does everyone agree with that? Who should I be paired with if Darth is calling?
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:50 PM   #205
Thomkal
Head Coach

Brad I think you should be paired with whomever is stronger of the remaining players. Actually I think our caller should be whomever is the weaker (strength, stamina) physically of our excellent teamwork players. The two best teamwork players after that (Darth and Maple?) should be the leader of the two-men teams.

Once all the pieces are back, the teams don't matter any more because all can work on the puzzle. I still think its a good idea of the weaker puzzlers to carry/move the pieces for the stronger puzzlers/weaker strength stamina. And one of our excellent teamworkers should be designated the leader maybe? To direct the work of the puzzlers so there is as little chaos as possible while trying to put the puzzle together. In the real Survivor that's what happens-too many people talking, trying to move pieces, thinking they have the answer, and they fail as a result. Calm could be a good skill to have here now that I think about it.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:53 PM   #206
Thomkal
Head Coach

Autumn says the puzzle is a giant 3-D puzzle, so its going to be bigger than some of you are thinking I believe. On the real Survivor they've had puzzles in this challenge be 3 or 4 stories high or so.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:57 PM   #207
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I won't be here much longer so i'm gonna have to send in my PM pretty soon. I'm the caller right? And i'll be directing everyone else around the beach? That should be an easy PM, and when all the puzzles are done then we can all assemble them right?

Who's the best at puzzles again?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #208
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Autumn says the puzzle is a giant 3-D puzzle, so its going to be bigger than some of you are thinking I believe. On the real Survivor they've had puzzles in this challenge be 3 or 4 stories high or so.

That being the case, I will sit out. Your strength may well be needed. My current suggestions:

Caller: Darth

Team 1: Maple Leafs, EF
Team 2: heybrad, Thomkal

heybrad takes over as leader in the assembly process.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:04 PM   #209
Thomkal
Head Coach

Puzzles: Excellent: Maple, Brad Good: Darth Average: EagleFan, Thomkal, Chesapeake
Teamwork: Excellent: Maple, Darth, Brad, Good: Chesapeake, Thomkal, EagleFan:?

I think these are right
Old 06-09-2010, 01:05 PM   #210
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yeah Darth should be the caller looking back at his post saying poor strength.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:05 PM   #211
heybrad
Norm!!!

That sounds good to me. If everyone else is ok with it, I'll send my PM in shortly. I'm going to need to get it in fairly quick as our CEO just walked through the door which means my day could be shot.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #212
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

so once all of the puzzle pieces are back at the site and we begin assembling heybrad will be the leader. Everyone will put the puzzle together but he'll be directing where all of the pieces go? Am i getting that right?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-09-2010, 01:08 PM   #213
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
That sounds good to me. If everyone else is ok with it, I'll send my PM in shortly. I'm going to need to get it in fairly quick as our CEO just walked through the door which means my day could be shot.

i feel for you man

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #214
Thomkal
Head Coach

So Darth the Caller, Brad and Maple the Leader of the two men teams-they lead each of the team to each piece per the Caller's instructions. Eagle and I take the brunt of the load of the puzzle pieces if we can.

Once we get all pieces back, one of Maple or Brad take over as leader with the other helping to figure it out, the rest of us shut up and move the pieces where Maple or Brad want us to go with them
Old 06-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #215
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
so once all of the puzzle pieces are back at the site and we begin assembling heybrad will be the leader. Everyone will put the puzzle together but he'll be directing where all of the pieces go? Am i getting that right?

Yep Darth, that's right. And lets let Brad be the leader over Maple for the puzzle part then since he may need to go.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #216
heybrad
Norm!!!

I think I should take the lead on shouting out puzzle directions since I'm excellent at puzzles and teamwork.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #217
Thomkal
Head Coach

I will step in I guess for Chesapeake and team up with Brad the old man
Old 06-09-2010, 01:13 PM   #218
heybrad
Norm!!!

Alright, sounds good. I'm preparing my PM now.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #219
Thomkal
Head Coach

You and Maple are both excellent in those categories Brad, so either one of you are fine, but since you may have to leave and not be back, we should make you the leader for the puzzle part in case Maple doesn't get back
Old 06-09-2010, 01:15 PM   #220
heybrad
Norm!!!

Yep... I guess I'm claiming that role at this point. Hopefully it doesn't backfire on us.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:15 PM   #221
Thomkal
Head Coach

sorry to step on your toes here Chesapeake, tribe leader. I just feel like I have a good feel for what we need to do in this challenge
Old 06-09-2010, 01:15 PM   #222
Thomkal
Head Coach

how can it with you as our leader?
Old 06-09-2010, 01:16 PM   #223
heybrad
Norm!!!

Old guys rule!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #224
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

leaving now, good luck guys!

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-09-2010, 01:21 PM   #225
heybrad
Norm!!!

My PM is sent.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #226
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I'm here.

Sounds like everything is pretty well ironed out. When sending your directions, make sure you make a note of whether or not you'll be trying to lead -- especially when it's time to put the puzzle together. Having everyone try to talk over each other is death in these things.

So during the find stage: Darth is the caller. Me and Brad lead the two-man teams, and we'll be the ones shouting back to Darth if we need to. EF and Thomkal are there to keep quiet and provide muscle.

Puzzle stage: Brad is the leader. I'll help out with conveying instructions, but he's the leader. Everyone else keeps quiet unless they're absolutely sure they see something going wrong.

Sound OK?
Old 06-09-2010, 01:41 PM   #227
Thomkal
Head Coach

Sounds perfect Maple
Old 06-09-2010, 01:56 PM   #228
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
sorry to step on your toes here Chesapeake, tribe leader. I just feel like I have a good feel for what we need to do in this challenge

Not a problem at all. Maybe it'll give me more time to forage for food for the tribe.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:14 PM   #229
Thomkal
Head Coach

Orders sent, cross your fingers! (well not while trying to lift puzzle pieces)
Old 06-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #230
chesapeake
College Starter

I sent in orders putting myself on the sideline unless someone else drops the ball and doesn't submit.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #231
Autumn
Head Coach

DAY THREE CAMP RESULTS

With fire, a good shelter and enough food, you are all finding life on the beach not all that rough. Everybody goes to work again today, splitting time between gathering food and improving the shelter. Chesapeake provides quite a stash of small game he manages to trap in the woods, providing quite a tasty meal for today. When it comes to the shelter, quite a few pitch in, EagleFan and Darth particularly, and you now have what would have to be considered state of the art as far as Survivor shelters go. It provides shade, shelter from wind and rain, a dry raised floor that keeps the bugs and vermin out.

In total it's a lovely camp. You each gain a health point back today (this will be added to your total after the challenge). You have between one and two day's stores of food, and your shelter is, you think, as good as you can make it for now, the only danger coming from any sort of deterioration it may suffer.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #232
chesapeake
College Starter

That's a real shame. I wonder what cost us? I got the sense that Racer and Danny, at least, used extra effort on this one. Given the pasting we gave them earlier, I suspect they all did. They couldn't afford to lose.

I wonder why we ended up bickering too much? With our strong teamwork, I would have thought we'd have done a good job in this regard.

Good job to those that advocated the participation of stronger guys. That appeared to be our sole advantage in the first part of the competition.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #233
heybrad
Norm!!!

Hmmm... seeing as I haven't received a single strategy type pm from anybody has me a little worried for tonight.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:51 PM   #234
Autumn
Head Coach

I'll need you to private message me your council votes by 10:30 tonight.

You can submit your Day 4 actions at any point between now and them. Your new PM rights will start once I receive your actions.

Obviously if you are chosen to go to Exile Island I will contact you about that after the council.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:51 PM   #235
chesapeake
College Starter

Exile island thoughts: is there anyone that wants the job or that we feel would be particularly suited to the job? Is there a strategic reason why we might want to try and encourage them to pick a certain guy?
Old 06-09-2010, 04:54 PM   #236
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Looks like "Calm" ended up being a big deal in this one, which we overlooked.

Why did EF and chesapeake swap out at the last second?

And how does tribal work? Is there any sort of Q+A beforehand or do we just PM our votes and find out at 10:30?

Last edited by Maple Leafs : 06-09-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:59 PM   #237
chesapeake
College Starter

My orders said that I was preparing myself to participate if we were short a person. EF must have failed to send in orders. It sounds like he is pretty busy at work.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #238
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Oh well. Would be nice to have run the table on challenges, but I guess they can't all be a walk on the beach.

Last edited by Maple Leafs : 06-09-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:23 PM   #239
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sorry all, have been tied up all day. Sucks that we lost.

We have about three weeks of work to get done in about three days. Upper management seems to feel that we'll put out a better product if they force us to release it early though we are fighting critical issues. Needless to say, it's not fun.

This was unexpected or I would have passed on the game.

If it's deemed as best to vote me out I completely understand.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #240
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
And how does tribal work? Is there any sort of Q+A beforehand or do we just PM our votes and find out at 10:30?

I run it a bit like the challenges, narrating it in real time starting when I have all the votes. I encourage some Q&A if people are willing to pipe up.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:12 PM   #241
Thomkal
Head Coach

ah that's too bad we lost-knew it didn't look good for us when we had to sub in for EagleFan. I mentioned that earlier today that I thought the calm skill might be in play here, but our other skills were so good that I thought we could overcome any weakness there.

No offense to you EagleFan, but I have to vote for you today. Sucks that your workload got tripled on you like that, but right now you're the least reliable when it comes to contributing to the tribe. Sorry.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #242
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Crap!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #243
Poli
FOFC Survivor

No voting Poli out.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #244
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Vote Poli
Old 06-09-2010, 09:31 PM   #245
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm still waiting for two votes. Since I'm in the middle of something I'll give it a few more minutes and then check back in.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:39 PM   #246
Autumn
Head Coach

Welcome to tribal council. Take your torches and light them everyone. In this game fire represents life. When your torch is out, you're out of the game.

Tonight you will vote for one member of your tribe to go home. The rest of you will be one step closer to the end of the game. Take a seat.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:41 PM   #247
Autumn
Head Coach

With two wins in a row, and a camp that's in pretty good shape, you guys had to be feeling pretty good. Is it a shock to be here?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #248
Autumn
Head Coach

I guess you're pretty shocked, yep.

At this stage in the game, what's your reasoning for voting someone out? What do you base a vote on?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:50 PM   #249
hoopsguy
General Manager

Rooting for the wrong team in the Stanley Cup finals?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #250
Thomkal
Head Coach

Pretty shocked yeah, we thought we had a good gameplan.

At this stage, my reasoning to vote someone out is how active they've been in helping the tribe to our early successess and hurt our chances in our one failure