Old 10-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #101
Autumn
Head Coach

So,
CF 75% & RA 100% go together.

Autumn 100% & ?

Dubb 0% & ?

DV 0% & ?

I assume one of the scrubs at 100% is probably better than one of us at 0% judging by the other challenge we tanked. So if we pair the scrubs up with each of us we'll get likely two wins out of it. If we want to win this I think we need to spread out RA and CF.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:27 PM   #102
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

So do we or do we not know how the fighters are chosen? Can we pick them ourselves?

I really think we need to be winning everything at this point. SO we need to go as all out as we can. Also, do these challenges even mean anything aside from getting little bonuses.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:34 PM   #103
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I have a strategy to win this(or atleast give us the best shot). I would assume that the other team is going to send their #1 team out first, so I think we tank the first one with one guy who we plan on having fight tonight + the small CPU guy. Also we send the CPU all out. I say we go like this.

1. Darth + Little Rod CPU guy (both 0%)
2. Autumn + Dubb (Both 100%)(Aggresive)
3. RA + CF (Both 100%)(Aggresive)
4. Other two CPU guys (Both 100%)(Mixed)--We will hope we run into the other team throwing this one.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #104
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

This sounds like a pretty cool idea. I like the lots of 100% out there.
Heck may as well send the little CPU guy at 100%. No harm in that.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #105
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
This sounds like a pretty cool idea. I like the lots of 100% out there.
Heck may as well send the little CPU guy at 100%. No harm in that.

True enough. Either this works or fails miserably. Either way atleast DV is fresh.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #106
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

1. Darth + Little Rod CPU guy (DV 0%, Rod 100%)
4. Other two CPU guys (Both 100%)(Mixed)--We will hope we run into the other team throwing this one.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #107
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You think there would be a chance they would finish up with their best or second best guys? Perhaps putting me and RA at the end and the two CPUs third would be a thought.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:39 PM   #108
Autumn
Head Coach

The trouble is if we lose we probably lose our fight, unless we happen to get real lucky and they pick darth. But if it's obvious that Darth tanked it they won't pick him.

I'm not against it, just want to point that out.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:40 PM   #109
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
So do we or do we not know how the fighters are chosen? Can we pick them ourselves?

I really think we need to be winning everything at this point. SO we need to go as all out as we can. Also, do these challenges even mean anything aside from getting little bonuses.

CF, the fighters are chosen by the winner of the challenge. That's the main purpose of the challenge, is to be able to choose the fighters. There are also bonuses attached, such as learning the skill sets of the opponents, extra skill points, etc.

Unless we win the challenge, they will be choosing our fighter tonight.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #110
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You think there would be a chance they would finish up with their best or second best guys? Perhaps putting me and RA at the end and the two CPUs third would be a thought.

IDK

My first thought was go best team to worst team. Maybe they get cute like we are, but that is how I thought to do it first.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #111
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

If we win this we get a skill point though. I know I sure could sure some better sub defense. I'm sure the rest of you guys have an area you would love to improve in.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:46 PM   #112
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
The trouble is if we lose we probably lose our fight, unless we happen to get real lucky and they pick darth. But if it's obvious that Darth tanked it they won't pick him.

I'm not against it, just want to point that out.

I think with three teams going all out we should be able to win atleast two of them. Common sense here says to have your three users who haven't fought hold back. If they hold back on all three of those guys we should be able to win three of these. If they don't then we pick of their guys who went all out to fight. I just can't see us losing three of these with what we are sending out.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:03 PM   #113
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yeah I think we have to go for broke here. If the three of us go 0% then we are going to lose the challenge and make them stronger. I would guess they are going to go agressive since they have the upper hand.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:03 PM   #114
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
CF, the fighters are chosen by the winner of the challenge. That's the main purpose of the challenge, is to be able to choose the fighters. There are also bonuses attached, such as learning the skill sets of the opponents, extra skill points, etc.

Unless we win the challenge, they will be choosing our fighter tonight.

Thanks.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #115
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

**Question for EF**

Can Autumn submit the effort put in for everyone since it has been posted in thread and largely agreed upon?
Old 10-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #116
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Also as a side note I would go ahead and submit your effort to EF ASAP so we can get everyone in.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #117
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I sent the following PM to EF. Everyone else needs to send one to him aswell.

"I will give 100% effort. I would hope that Autumn is able to submit this for the whole group."
Old 10-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #118
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

ah bad luck testerday guys, sorry. It's time to regroup though, we can still win. So what are the final effort percentages for the teams?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #119
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

*yesterday*

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 10-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #120
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I vote:

CF seemed to be in support and I'm sure RA would be as well. Autumn was open to it but seemed reserved about this many peeps going all out. No one else has thrown anything out.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #121
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I would say group one goes (mixed) as well.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:26 PM   #122
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

alrighty, this all seems cool to me. I'll send in my PM now

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 10-08-2010, 04:51 PM   #123
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Rule update. Team captains may submit the orders for the player for the challenge if the plaer has not submitted. They cannot override what a player submits though.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:53 PM   #124
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

If no one objects I'm going to submit my above order around 1830 if Autumn hasn't showed back up. I know he said the other day he said he had his hands full with his kids and I would hate to wait around on him if by some chance he got sidetracked and we end up missing the deadline. If Autumn does show up I will let him play his role as team captain and not submit anything.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #125
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

sounds good. if he shows up and wants to change things i'll withdraw my order.

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 10-08-2010, 05:08 PM   #126
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

i submitted my order. Sounds good dubb.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:22 PM   #127
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I vote:

CF seemed to be in support and I'm sure RA would be as well. Autumn was open to it but seemed reserved about this many peeps going all out. No one else has thrown anything out.

My name is RA and I endorse this post.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #128
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Well since we seem to be in agreement and Autumn hasn't showed up I'm submitting the order.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #129
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Submitted. I hope we win this. If we fail tonight I'm not sure what the hell it would take for us to win a challenge.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:17 PM   #130
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Holy crap. We won our throwaway match.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:19 PM   #131
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

DV. to be clear did you go 0%?
Old 10-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #132
Autumn
Head Coach

Thanks for getting things together, guys. You were exactly right, I got pulled away to take care fo the kids at 5 and am not done yet. Hopefully it all works out.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:39 PM   #133
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Congratulations. You have won the challenge. Each team member may submit their bonus skill point at any time. You also get to choose tonight's matchup (the CPU matchup is already determined).

The deadline for selecting the matchup is 9 PM EST.

Last edited by EagleFan : 10-08-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:42 PM   #134
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Well DV, who do you want to fight? You hurt Radovich with an elbow if that means anything.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:51 PM   #135
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
DV. to be clear did you go 0%?

yeah i went 0% and i'm cool with fighting. it's about time the Siberian Express got some action. Sure.

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 10-08-2010, 07:09 PM   #136
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

so who did u guys want me to fight?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 10-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #137
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
so who did u guys want me to fight?

You hurt Danny with an elbow. I think that is the only thing we have to go on really. What kind of fighter are you?
Old 10-08-2010, 07:21 PM   #138
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Basically i'm a beast. built myself so i won't go down easy, good strength, heart, conditioning, toughness, control. Everything else is just eh. agility is avg i guess, i think it's 14

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 10-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #139
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

DV, you comfortable against Danny?
Old 10-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #140
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

yeah why not, danny sounds good. i was thinking either him or Rum anyways

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 10-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #141
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Alright then I will submit it.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #142
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

alrighty, sounds good. i'll get me strategy ready

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 10-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #143
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I'll announce it at 9, in case you have a last minute change of mind.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #144
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Congrats fellas. Great job.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:14 PM   #145
Autumn
Head Coach

Awesome job guys, we crushed!
Old 10-08-2010, 08:14 PM   #146
Raiders Army
Coordinator

DV, make sure you use allot your bonus point prior to the fight. I've sent my PM for my bonus point.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:14 PM   #147
Autumn
Head Coach

Nice work DV, you made short, short work of him. We're in a good position now.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:19 PM   #148
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

A perfect day.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #149
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The final team competiton will be on Monday. The winning team will get to select the finl two matchups of the team competition. If there is a tie (unlikely) each team will select what order they want their final two fighters to fight in. The fighters selected first by each team will fight and the ones selected second will fight.

This will consist of 5 events. The CPU fighters will not participate. Each team must select one event per fighter (everyone participates). You may need to compare skills to determine the best matchup.

The winning team will learn some details of the remaining two fighters from the other team to help them pick their matchups.

The events:
- 100 meters race
- Shotput
- Long jump
- Javelin (sp?)
- Arm wrestling

Last edited by EagleFan : 10-08-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:29 PM   #150
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, so which skills do we think go with each?