Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Could be...

I knew it!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:08 PM   #653
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Well played wolves.

Though I thought you were about to be caught yesterday when you both jumped off CW right away as only you two would know that CW wasn't a wolf with a fake reveal trying to lure the real santa out.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #654
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, DT coming on strong in favor of the reveal and saying CW had been dropping hints is what made me move. Though I have to admit, I missed them. That was a huge Christmas gift in our lap because we weren't going after CW and he would have had me.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:12 PM   #655
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Thoughts on the Christmas Miracle on day one? I remember there was talk a while back about coming up with a way that there was no day one lynch and yet still have the vote mean something. I figured if everyone voted thinking there was going to be a lynch that would be the best way for it to mean something.

I had a plan in place for how to handle each side being "screwed" by that. Then you go and lynch the "Jack". Was hoping to see how his role was going to play out.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:13 PM   #656
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I had my vote changed to autumn and erased the post. Him wanting go go after me fir ne real reason threw me off for sure. Juggler I wouldn't have gotten. Always hard to nail a first timer as a wolf. Still. Well played by all. Thanks for running it ef.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:17 PM   #657
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Dola- just s little soap box but I hate it when people post their alligence before the fm can do a write up. Really takes away from the flavor of the game. Not trying to single out ra as others have find it as well b
Old 12-17-2010, 10:17 PM   #658
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Stupid iPhone.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:20 PM   #659
thejuggler3
Mascot

That was fun. I know it must have been hard with me being a new guy. Coffee had me dead to rights. I didn't think that my whole "this is my first time, so I'll go with the flow a bit" had him thinking I was a wolf right away (he scanned me night 2). Luckily, I was the cunning, so I was trying to give myself a little heat for a scan.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:26 PM   #660
thejuggler3
Mascot

Just to give some insight, I was playing sort of how I normally play (with the exception of early in the game when I milked the new player thing a bit.)

I tend to do what I think is right. I have no problem switching if need be, especially to break ties. I usually lay out who I think is guilty as best I can. The only big difference is when I'm a villager, I'm willing to be swayed by others more if they make good arguments. Often that gets me voted out as a wolf, but I tend to be a colaborator and compromiser. People get suspicious of vote switchers, especially since it usually turns out bad when I switch.

Figure that may help for another game.

All in all, this was deinitely the most intense game I've played. I guess I can say it really did take me a few days to get in the flow. By the end of day 2 I had a chart with everyone's votes, movements, suspicions, etc.

I've only ever done werefolf live before (Gencon Indianapolis). You'll probably see me in other games here. Thanks everyone, for the good time! And thanks to my fellow wolves. What big teeth you have!
Old 12-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #661
thejuggler3
Mascot

One last fun fact: one of the reasons I wanted to get Coffee out is because he inroduced me the game here, and I couldn't help but feel it would be funny if I got him killed for it.

Merry Christmas, CW
Old 12-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #662
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I had my vote changed to autumn and erased the post. Him wanting go go after me fir ne real reason threw me off for sure. Juggler I wouldn't have gotten. Always hard to nail a first timer as a wolf. Still. Well played by all. Thanks for running it ef.

Juggler will attest that I was expecting you to change your vote right up until the very last second. I never quite know if I've got you snowed. I was glad that DT didn't show up because I thought the two of you might talk yourselves back over to me.

Yeah, I did the whole Lathum thing today to try to throw you guys for a bit of a loop. Danny had us nailed and I wanted to at least sow confusion for tomorrow if I did get voted off. I figured it would look like I was trying to save RA or you and maybe get Juggler of the hook tomorrow.

Really i slipped up last night. I should have had juggler come out today voting me along with Danny. I think that would have worked very well, but I was too busy to really figure out a strategy.

I hate being a wolf against Danny. Sorry, but I will probably just night kill you day one next time.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:32 PM   #664
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh and kudos on CW for his seer job. I really did not suspect him at all. And scanning both Juggler, and potentially me. Right spot on.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:50 AM   #665
Danny
Head Coach

Not surprised at all, I knew Autumn was a wolf and I figured Juggler was the other. I consider this a win for me
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:52 AM   #666
Autumn
Head Coach

Just like last game was a win for me I guess ;-) Man it is hard to sneak past you.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:53 AM   #667
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Just to see if my gut is right, my guess is the last two wolves are juggler and Autumn. I wont be voting Juggler today for the reasons I posted, but throwing this out there in case I end up right

Old 12-18-2010, 12:55 AM   #668
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Just like last game was a win for me I guess ;-) Man it is hard to sneak past you.

I'm just glad I had a good game cause I was awful in the last game.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:59 AM   #669
Danny
Head Coach

You guys played well, I think you made good choices in your night kills.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:04 AM   #670
Autumn
Head Coach

Thanks, Chief and Saldana were good guesses, but we were pretty loss for the seer after that.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:08 AM   #671
Danny
Head Coach

I wonder if it was hard for EagleFan to resist making Lathum and Saldana Clause and Ms. Clause.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:11 AM   #672
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Good game, wolves. Good thing, you got me out. I had pretty much settled on Autumn as the unscanned wolf and juggler as the scanned wolf (CW to back me up, I PM'd him that, although I admitted I wasn't sure on either of you).

I became even more sure on Autumn while reading his posts today, although juggler didn't post enough for me to firm up my suspicions there. My suspicion of juggler wasn't so much on his play, but on CW's hunch that he was a wolf, and my belief that Danny was not a wolf.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda... good game, wolves!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:14 AM   #673
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Good game, wolves. Good thing, you got me out. I had pretty much settled on Autumn as the unscanned wolf and juggler as the scanned wolf (CW to back me up, I PM'd him that, although I admitted I wasn't sure on either of you).

I became even more sure on Autumn while reading his posts today, although juggler didn't post enough for me to firm up my suspicions there. My suspicion of juggler wasn't so much on his play, but on CW's hunch that he was a wolf, and my belief that Danny was not a wolf.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda... good game, wolves!

Too bad, we could have teamed up to take them down. Of course, with you I always have a little bit of doubt as you are the toughest player for me to read
Old 12-18-2010, 01:17 AM   #674
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I wonder if it was hard for EagleFan to resist making Lathum and Saldana Clause and Ms. Clause.

I said that to the wolves at one point when we were trying to figure out who it was, and I realized it might be them. I didn't think he'd be able to stop himself from laughing.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:26 AM   #675
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Very hard to resist. But went with the random instead.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:28 AM   #676
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I said that to the wolves at one point when we were trying to figure out who it was, and I realized it might be them. I didn't think he'd be able to stop himself from laughing.

I thought about giving them role reversals and making Lathum the woman this time....
Old 12-18-2010, 07:10 AM   #677
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I consider this a victory that I wasn't lynched by day 2.

this was really fun, thanks for running it EF. Nice to have a game with active participants again. Maybe after the new year we can get some momentum going.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:11 AM   #678
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Dola- just s little soap box but I hate it when people post their alligence before the fm can do a write up. Really takes away from the flavor of the game. Not trying to single out ra as others have find it as well b

Noted. Will not do so again. Thanks for the feedback.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:13 AM   #679
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Again, I apologize to all for not being there for really the first two days.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:45 AM   #680
saldana
Pro Starter

great game guys, good job wolves...no idea how you could have had me pegged as rudolph...was that just a guess?

thanks EF, i echo the sentiments of others in the hope that this game can give us a little momentum coming out of the holidays.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:57 AM   #681
Autumn
Head Coach

We knew there was something up with you Saldana, but weren't sure exactly what. I don't remember what gave it away, I think it seemed like Chief and some others were avoiding voting for you. I figured worst case scenario you'd been scanned as good.

We were hoping we'd get Mr. & Mrs. Clause in one go, so I was actually disappointed when you turned out to be Rudolph. It was good to get that out of the game though.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:06 AM   #682
MartinD
High School Varsity

Thanks for running the game EagleFan - was good to be able to play for the first time in a while. I do need to apologise for not being around more, particularly on Thursday - ended up having a very busy week at work, so wasn't able to spend as much time keeping up with the game as I would have liked.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:14 AM   #683
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Thanks EF!!

Tough game for us villagers - good game wolves.

Wolves on a little run here of late...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:25 AM   #684
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Twas fun, even if only lasted two days
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:05 AM   #685
thejuggler3
Mascot

Yeah, a lot of you were so, so close. We were walking a tight-rope the last few nights.

Sal, what got me was when you were in trouble with the vote, you switched to Jackal. I thought it was odd because for a defensive vote, you should have either went Martin of Coffee (both of who had more votes). It made us think that something was up. Because the suspicion was on Chief, we thought maybe we'd get both the clauses with you.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:30 AM   #686
thejuggler3
Mascot

I'm looking forward to trying another game. Since I was working from home, it made it easy for me to be on a lot more. If I have to travel, I'll be available less. We'll have to see when the next game comes up.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:37 AM   #687
The Jackal
Coordinator

Totally watching Nightmare before Christmas on Disney right now. Until the Flyers game, of course.

Good game everyone, was nice to see this kind of participation again. Stick around juggler!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:54 AM   #688
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuggler3 View Post
I'm looking forward to trying another game. Since I was working from home, it made it easy for me to be on a lot more. If I have to travel, I'll be available less. We'll have to see when the next game comes up.

saldana has a ruleset that he never got to use and is going to post signups for after he gets home on Monday. He isnt planning on starting the game til the monday after new years so that no one is trying to play across the holidays
Old 12-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #689
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I am now highly tempted to dig up one of my old rulesets I never used, to give Juggler a nice wacko game.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:34 PM   #690
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I was thinking the other day that we need to do another political game - the one that CR ran way back in the day (woah, just looked and it was 2 years ago, crazy!) That or the Dungeon game...or the Marvel game. There have been some really fun ones Not sure how you guys come up with them but I definitely enjoy getting involved.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:45 PM   #691
hoopsguy
General Manager

If anyone wants to give the Marvel game a run I'll be happy to supply them either ruleset. Both of them are pretty insane time commitments to run, but I would absolutely love to play in one of those games someday.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote