Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-25-2021, 08:14 AM   #20951
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I just watched this movie in the last week, for the first time since I saw in the theater. That was kind of trippy. Because I'm an adult now.

There's lots of debate on the internet about whether Elizabeth Perkins had sex with boy Tom Hanks.

Whether Hanks' mother would remember him - there was a similar issue in Back to the Future, which Family Guy covered:

Family Guy best moments - Back to the future George McFly - YouTube

I didn't want to speak of it, but yeah, I think even after that "evening" Tom Hanks character acts "more adult" before I guess realizing he wants to go back to being a kid (is that a theme of a midlife crisis?)

I don't know if that woman after seeing Josh transform in her eyes decided to set herself on fire, join a nunnery or find out how to change her identity if she truly did get involved.

Really spins a dark story on what was pretty charming, though let's face it, Tom Hanks has been in a lot of movies with dark undercurrents to them...we just didn't realize because he's always been a bubbly type everyman.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:00 AM   #20952
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I haven't seen that movie in at least 25 years but I always assumed they had sex. Think back 30 years ago and then go look at the "can a female child molester be hot?" thread. There's certainly a double standard that the Letourneau case started to turn around, and Big was at least 5-10 years earlier. Like scenes/storylines from a lot of older movies, that's a part that would be done differently today.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:08 PM   #20953
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

so this happened...

Thief steals Lady Gaga's dogs

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 02-25-2021 at 02:08 PM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:13 PM   #20954
bhlloy
Coordinator

That is nuts. Imagine being a dog walker and getting shot with a freaking semi because somebody wants the dogs you have.

I'm not sure offering $500k no questions asked reward is the most responsible thing for her to do either. If I'm a scumbag that feels like pretty good return for an evenings work.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:16 PM   #20955
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

She can offer anything she wants, the police will have other ideas.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 05:13 PM   #20956
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
I remembered this post when I saw ESPN.com's cover story:

Michigan State University doctor Larry Nassar surrounded by enablers as he abused athletes- ESPN

It's funny though, stories like this can completely explode, or they can just kind of be cast aside. I think we probably have a little fatigue on this stuff and it's more likely to be the latter.

So I searched this entire forum, and we barely talked about this entire scandal, which sort of seems crazy for a sports forum. I'm sure everyone has already seen this but...

Ex-USA Gymnastics coach John Geddert kills himself after felony charges, including human trafficking, sexual assault

Dude worked with Nasser, coached the Olympics in 2012 to a gold medal, was brought up on charges, killed himself.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:21 PM   #20957
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
So I searched this entire forum, and we barely talked about this entire scandal, which sort of seems crazy for a sports forum. I'm sure everyone has already seen this but...

Ex-USA Gymnastics coach John Geddert kills himself after felony charges, including human trafficking, sexual assault

Dude worked with Nasser, coached the Olympics in 2012 to a gold medal, was brought up on charges, killed himself.

I watched the Athlete A documentary recently, and, I'm still not sure, like I said in that old post, that all or even most of the wrongdoers have been exposed. Obviously USA Olympics was blown up. But I'm not sure Michigan State has paid the piper yet, or gotten its fair share of blame in the public perception of all this.

Last edited by molson : 02-25-2021 at 06:21 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:41 PM   #20958
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
But I'm not sure Michigan State has paid the piper yet, or gotten its fair share of blame in the public perception of all this.

That's my sense, too. Like, it feels like the torches and pitchforks should be out for them. But people kind of just don't care. It's weird.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:10 PM   #20959
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
That is nuts. Imagine being a dog walker and getting shot with a freaking semi because somebody wants the dogs you have.

I'm not sure offering $500k no questions asked reward is the most responsible thing for her to do either. If I'm a scumbag that feels like pretty good return for an evenings work.

My wife and I just talked about this. Our joking take is it was an inside job, especially if the walker was shot someplace "convenient". And, if the walker died, the deal went bad and the other party double crossed them.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:25 AM   #20960
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Let's go over to Florida where a man was charged with assault with a deadly alligator at a Wendy's...

Florida man arrested for reportedly tossing gator into Wendy's
Old 02-26-2021, 01:26 AM   #20961
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
My wife and I just talked about this. Our joking take is it was an inside job, especially if the walker was shot someplace "convenient". And, if the walker died, the deal went bad and the other party double crossed them.

But it doesn't take an inside job to see someone taking dogs on the same walk every day, especially coming from gagaland.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:49 AM   #20962
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Anyone who ever lived near a paper mill called, said hold their beer.

Born in Tacoma. The Aroma was real and staggering.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:00 AM   #20963
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

On this Day In Sports Nine Years Ago:

PETE WEBER GOD DAMMIT I DID IT WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE - YouTube

Who do you think you are? I Am!
Old 02-26-2021, 09:06 PM   #20964
Edward64
Head Coach

I'm going to have to try this one day ... not sure I'm ready for it right now.

‘Deep Nostalgia’ Can Turn Old Photos of Your Relatives Into Moving Videos
Quote:
It’s hard to feel connected to someone who’s gone through a static photo. So a company called MyHeritage who provides automatic AI-powered photo enhancements is now offering a new service that can animate people in old photos creating a short video that looks like it was recorded while they posed and prepped for the portrait.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 09:49 PM   #20965
tarcone
Coordinator

Im walking down the hall today and see a young man that is a good dude. I teach 6th grade. He has picked up his food for the weekend. I say to him its Friday and the we are done isnt that great? He shakes his head no. I say would you rather be here? He shakes his head yes.

This 12 year old boy would rather be at school than home, how sad is that?
Think about that for a minute. Just think.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 09:56 PM   #20966
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Im walking down the hall today and see a young man that is a good dude. I teach 6th grade. He has picked up his food for the weekend. I say to him its Friday and the we are done isnt that great? He shakes his head no. I say would you rather be here? He shakes his head yes.

This 12 year old boy would rather be at school than home, how sad is that?
Think about that for a minute. Just think.

I work with a lot of people with that mentality, too. It's very sad to me.

If they didn't pay me or I was paid whether I did something at work or not, I would find lots of other things to do, many with my family and many at home. Home is supposed to be a loving sanctuary, not something you try to escape.

And to apply that to a 12 yo. Oof.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 03:31 PM   #20967
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I have a pillow that I sit on because my spot in the couch dips down. I have farted on it so many times that when I sit on it a fart smell always wafts out.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:17 AM   #20968
JPhillips
General Manager

Saw this from James Joyner:

Quote:
We've had three Presidents born between June and August 1946. Elected over a span of 24 years and in reverse birth order: Clinton 1992, Bush 2000, Trump 2016.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:15 PM   #20969
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

So I watch the livestream of my HS alma mater today, as our girls basketball team plays in the Elite 8.

2 equally matched teams, both full court press all the time, it wasn't what you'd call pretty to watch but it was intense and dramatic.

And we suffered through perhaps the most gutting 47 second stretch I've seen in a long time. Tie game, in that final 47 seconds we missed two layups, committed three fouls and turned the ball over twice... and STILL only lost when they hit a pair of free throws with :02 left

All this while playing 291 miles from home.

It was horrifying, in the "oh no, not like THIS" sense of the word. I was gutted for them afterwards, despite having zero emotional ties to anyone playing. It was that bad a way to go out.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:35 PM   #20970
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And another thing while I'm at it.

It's tough being me sometimes. Mostly cause I have to live with my own head.

I was just sitting here thinking ... "how come I like so many artificial flavor versions of things I don't like the real thing of?"

I love phony strawberry flavors. That Betty Crocker strawberry flavored cake mix would be in my top 3-4 choices for a hypothetical birthday cake. Strawberry filled chocolate in the Valentine candy sampler? First rate stuff. But I don't eat strawberries. Ever. Period.

I shudder at the taste of lemon in tea (even sweet tea) ... but love just about all forms of artificial lemon flavor anything.

(Fake)Blueberry muffins? Those are my go-to ... but I ain't eating an actual blueberry on a dare.

Oranges? Not my thing ... but likewise fake orange flavored anything is fine by me.

It'd be easy enough to think that I just like the combination of sugar and citric acid but if that's all it takes then why do I detest fake raspberry flavor and real raspberries equally? Shouldn't I like the fake raspberry too?

I've now spent a good 5-10 minutes pondering that last paradox, a few more typing about it.

And now you know why it feels tough being me sometimes, nobody should get that tangled up in something so trivial. Yet here I am.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:02 PM   #20971
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

try strawberries and sour cream. Awesome combo
Old 03-02-2021, 08:17 PM   #20972
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 03-02-2021, 08:25 PM   #20973
Edward64
Head Coach

I appreciate the fast food places trying new things or copying stuff. More variety and ultimately makes the food better (relatively speaking).

Tried Arby's crispy fish sandwich (before I saw the $1 coupon below). It was okay but nothing special.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14865706-ar...?src=frontpage
Old 03-02-2021, 08:34 PM   #20974
Edward64
Head Coach

Thinking about fast food, here's my best of:
  1. Drink - CFA Lemonade (but I get the diet version nowadays)
  2. Salad - Zaxby's Cobb/House Fried Chicken salad
  3. Burger - my taste differs from time to time but standby is BK Whopper. Once in a long while, I take the 20 mile trip to the closest Sonic because it was walking distance in old college days.
  4. Chicken - KFC
  5. Chicken burger - CFA, the Popeye's novelty has worn off
  6. Fries - not a big fries aficionado but I like Arby's curly fries
  7. Ice Cream - CFA soft serve
Old 03-02-2021, 09:33 PM   #20975
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Thinking about fast food, here's my best of:
  1. Drink - CFA Lemonade (but I get the diet version nowadays)
  2. Salad - Zaxby's Cobb/House Fried Chicken salad
  3. Burger - my taste differs from time to time but standby is BK Whopper. Once in a long while, I take the 20 mile trip to the closest Sonic because it was walking distance in old college days.
  4. Chicken - KFC
  5. Chicken burger - CFA, the Popeye's novelty has worn off
  6. Fries - not a big fries aficionado but I like Arby's curly fries
  7. Ice Cream - CFA soft serve

hmm ...

Drink - probably Cheerwine at Cookout (though not enough that I pick soley for that, gotta be in the mood)

Salad -- you're kidding, right? This is ME after all lol

Burger -- a properly made triple steak from Steak n Shake ... but those are nearly impossible to find any more

Chicken - if it doesn't have to be a legitimate chicken anatomy part, I'd go with Shane's Rib Shack chicken strips. Totally not what that conjures up. Lightly breaded with a salty batter, quick fried. It's the closest thing to the chicken tenderloins my mother made at home in my childhood

Chicken burger - easiest one of these of the bunch for me. BK original chicken sandwich (the hoagie bun'ned one) No lettuce, just mayo. It's possibly even better when you nuke the spare one the next day

Fries -- again, SnS if you ever find a good one. Failing that, lower profile answer here: J Buffalo Wings. Their crinkle cuts, when fresh, are right now probably better to me than anybody else's anything

Ice Cream -- are we counting Brewster's? If so, that. If not, cookout, which always comes in milkshake form. And if that don't work, then the classic McDs hot caramel sundae ... thought that's a unicorn since their ice cream machine only works on Leap Day
Old 03-02-2021, 09:39 PM   #20976
Edward64
Head Coach

I think I was thinking of the more tradition fast food. Steak n Shake is fair. Don't think Shane's or Brewster's are widespread/numerous enough to fall under my definition.

I've been to SnS for breakfast but not for burgers and fries. Have to check it out.
Old 03-02-2021, 09:47 PM   #20977
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Shane's is kinda weird. On every third corner in Georgia AND in 11 states ... but it's an average of maybe 2 per state everywhere BUT Georgia. I didn't realize it was that skewed, so I'll retract them for sure. It's almost sub-regional footprint, not even full regional.

All my go-to chicken joints are like that, regional or local. I don't like Bojangles much (tho their steak & egg biscuits would probably be my #1 choice for "could eat this 7 days a week and be fine with that") , I can't stand Popeye's chicken, so it'd leave me with KFC if I had to do national fried chicken ... but 1x-2x a year is plenty

And to be clear, SnS is my shorthand for Steak N' Shake, not the cafeteria chain.
Old 03-03-2021, 01:30 AM   #20978
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

WTF is a chicken burger?
Old 03-03-2021, 07:57 AM   #20979
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
WTF is a chicken burger?

LOL. I assumed that's just another way to say chicken sandwich
Old 03-03-2021, 09:26 AM   #20980
miami_fan
Coordinator

It may not be for everybody, but I have nothing but good things to say about the software update that now tells me that a scam is likely when my cell phone rings.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:49 AM   #20981
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
It may not be for everybody, but I have nothing but good things to say about the software update that now tells me that a scam is likely when my cell phone rings.

I've had that for like ... 2 years now?

Maybe mine is cell carrier specifc?
Old 03-03-2021, 09:52 AM   #20982
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
I've had that for like ... 2 years now?

Maybe mine is cell carrier specifc?

Maybe. I also recently updated my IPhone from a 7 to a 11 so it might be that I just arrived into 2019 technology.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 03-03-2021, 09:53 AM   #20983
miami_fan
Coordinator

Oh and officially switched from Sprint to T-Mobile.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:39 AM   #20984
JediKooter
Coordinator

So what's the deal with some Dr. Seuss books? I read that it's not the publisher (maybe the company is one in the same though) but it's the company that 'preserves' the Dr. Seuss IP, that is yanking these books.

I admit, I'm kind of torn. I get the 'why', but, I also feel that the warts should be exposed. But, I also freely admit that these books are the property of this company and they can do with them what they want. I see a few conservative mouth pieces blaming Biden and the libs, which from what I can tell, they have nothing to do with it.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 12:53 PM   #20985
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
I see a few conservative mouth pieces blaming Biden and the libs, which from what I can tell, they have nothing to do with it.

Yes and no though.

There's a significant perception that this is in response to overall overwrought liberalism. It's unfair to blame JB for that, I agree. (He's probably relieved he doesn't have to read some of the tongue-twisters on reading day but that's about the extent of his care would be my guess)

Libs in general however, well, they are part of the segment that closely with this sort of of foolishness. I can't imagine anyone believing this wasn't undertaken without external pressure being applied.
Old 03-03-2021, 12:59 PM   #20986
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes and no though.

There's a significant perception that this is in response to overall overwrought liberalism. It's unfair to blame JB for that, I agree. (He's probably relieved he doesn't have to read some of the tongue-twisters on reading day but that's about the extent of his care would be my guess)

Libs in general however, well, they are part of the segment that closely with this sort of of foolishness. I can't imagine anyone believing this wasn't undertaken without external pressure being applied.

I'm totally with you on guessing there definitely pressure from somewhere. I don't like it, just like Tipper Gore's crusade against certain kinds of music. Or the million moms and their shenanigans.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 03-03-2021, 07:17 PM   #20987
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
Born in Tacoma. The Aroma was real and staggering.

I went from Phoenix Arizona all the way to Tacoma...
Old 03-03-2021, 09:39 PM   #20988
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

Philadelphia, Atlanta, LA...

Old 03-04-2021, 09:07 AM   #20989
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Nah. Never did do that. The longest I every drove in one stretch was from Reno to Tacoma. Old me can't figure out how young me sat in the driver's seat for that long, even with a few stops to stretch my legs.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 11:47 AM   #20990
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Miami-Houston and Tampa-Fort Worth are my two longest straight-thru drives.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 05:11 PM   #20991
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
I have a penchant for recognizing a hot woman by her voice.

Yeah, it sounds weird and super suspicious. Back in the 90s I was the top selling telemarketer around and highly recruited. Think landlines and shit.

So fuckin random. I mean this is so rando it might have been posted before, but streaming music and whatnot theres a popular band called The xx.

Thats their name. The woman singer sounded so hot by her voice and my golden atlantic was thwarted.

Remember Jaws? Not the movie, the guy from the 007 flicks.

She looks like his sister.

My sub-superpower might have been lost.
Old 03-04-2021, 06:54 PM   #20992
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
Remember Jaws? Not the movie, the guy from the 007 flicks. She looks like his sister.

Harsh.

Exceptionally descriptive ... but harsh
Old 03-04-2021, 07:09 PM   #20993
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

They must be decent if they've gotten this far.

Remember Tesla? I always knew they were exceptionally talented because they made it despite being the ugliest hair band I'd ever seen.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:29 PM   #20994
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Love me some Tesla
Old 03-04-2021, 07:51 PM   #20995
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

re: Tesla -- Frank Hannon is now producing other bands.

Red Voodoo is the latest, and you can definitely hear the Tesla fingerprint.

Red Voodoo Bring It Back - YouTube
Old 03-04-2021, 10:04 PM   #20996
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

our family had a thanksgiving tradition.

It was jello in a shallow glass pan with strawberries and sour cream and bananas. Best damn shit in the world
Old 03-04-2021, 11:12 PM   #20997
21C
College Prospect

57 year old teacher: "Here are my wry observations from 35 years of teaching"

*Has 30 followers after two months*

25 year old teacher: "Hey #edutwitter. I'm new here."

*Gets 10000 followers in one day*
Old 03-05-2021, 09:22 AM   #20998
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Great combination. I also like adding brown sugar - dip in the sour cream first, then in the brown sugar to coat them.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 09:55 AM   #20999
miami_fan
Coordinator

Random political/comedy question*. Do you think George Carlin is considered left or right of center politically? I always thought he was more left but I see folks on the right who post one of his bits as representative of their views.

*If this is too political and not random enough, a mod can move it to a POL thread.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:04 AM   #21000
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Interesting. Carlin really projected "I am very smart, and I see through the bullshit of everyday life that most people fall for."

So I think that most people would see themselves in him. Most people--left, right, or center--think that they are smarter than everyone and don't fall for bullshit.