Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
dat spay and neutering though...

Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 04:18 PM   #21152
cuervo72
Head Coach

How does a fox come upon a raccoon head??
Old 04-07-2021, 04:56 PM   #21153
pantera
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
dat spay and neutering though...
pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 04:57 PM   #21154
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I've put the same on my back porch. I have at least 3 different foxes that come to visit each night. I've had a group of raccoons occasionally come, along with a possum. The coolest visitor is a ringtail that shows up 3 or 4 times per week. One of the videos shows the ringtail up in a tree, looking down at a fox.

can i have one? <3
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:02 PM   #21155
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

(repurposed from my own social media ... cause sometimes my Random Thoughts end up there, go figure)

Idle thought / fun with numbers / did ya ever stop to think kind of thing. Work with me here for a second.

Round number, I've got about 600 FB friends.

The average number of friends each FB user has is just over 300, and I have quite a few "power users" that have reached the 5,000 friend limit. With that, let's just go with a really low guesstimate and say that I have no connection to half -- call it 150 people per person -- of their friends.
600 x 150 = 90,000

That's nearly a hundred thousand people that I have, via my friends, one degree of separation from. That'd I'd otherwise have no obvious contact with.

For some reason, that number kind of boggled my mind a little when I did the math.

(And realistically, the actual number is probably closer to 200k than 100k)
Old 04-08-2021, 09:45 AM   #21156
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Has anyone ever been murdered in warm blood?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:18 PM   #21157
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Has anyone ever been murdered in warm blood?

Old 04-08-2021, 08:10 PM   #21158
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am currently down the rabbit hole of people who you can pay to send messages through Cameos. It is pretty cool. My son turns 11 in a couple weeks. He is a huge hunger games fan. The guy who played Cato does them, my son dressed as him for Halloween and would be over the moon. It's $200 so we are trying to decide. The money isn't the issue, more asking ourselves if it is stupid to spend that much for it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:21 PM   #21159
Kodos
Resident Alien

For $200, I would require Jennifer Lawrence to Zoom with us.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:48 PM   #21160
21C
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
Judging by the smell when I picked the head up on a shovel and launched it over my back fence, it wasnt a fresh head.
I assume that you have vacant land on the other side of your back fence . . .
Old 04-08-2021, 09:52 PM   #21161
tarcone
Coordinator

I didnt realize how much I missed baseball until I met for my Roto auction. Wow. What an amazing sport baseball is.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:54 AM   #21162
Ksyrup

The media has spent the last few years railing against old white guy privilege, but this morning they are tripping all over each other to cover the death of the ultimate old privileged white guy.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-09-2021 at 08:01 AM.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:34 AM   #21163
pantera
n00b

Quote:
The media has spent the last few years raising against old white guy privilege, but this morning they are tripping all over each other to cover the death of the ultimate old privileged white guy.
RIP Donald.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:06 AM   #21164
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C View Post
I assume that you have vacant land on the other side of your back fence . . .

Yeah, should have clarified that. It's woodland over the back fence, I'm guessing the rest of the raccoon is out there somewhere. Didnt launch a rotting raccoon head into a neighbors garden.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:50 AM   #21165
molson
General Manager

I've been a lawyer for almost 15 years and I've never seen a judge use a gavel. That's really disappointing.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:28 PM   #21166
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

One of our local county judges uses them ceremoniously for adoptions for just such a thing so I've seen it!

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:07 PM   #21167
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I've been a lawyer for almost 15 years and I've never seen a judge use a gavel. That's really disappointing.

I haven't been in a courtroom since I was sworn in for Kentucky in 2006.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:35 PM   #21168
thesloppy
Pro Starter

When I was on jury duty the judge would loudly clip his toenails under his desk.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:42 PM   #21169
Ksyrup

Ah yes, that reminds me - I did have to sit in a courtroom for an hour when I reported for jury duty, but I didn't get picked.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:48 PM   #21170
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
When I was on jury duty the judge would loudly clip his toenails under his desk.

I have (had? back when we were in the office and may yet again) coworker who would clip their toenails loudly at work. WHO DOES THAT??

Like you have to take off a shoe /and/ sock. You're clearly not working for all that time and it's not like you can quickly slide your shoe back on to seem inconspicuous. It's one of those personal hygiene things that seems like you wouldn't do it at work and makes a mess and makes people think you're a slob. I mean, we all have some uncouth habits, but seriously - can we agree that clipping toenails in cubicle hell is an agreed upon one to not do?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:49 PM   #21171
Ksyrup

While I applaud Arby's for finally ditching Pepsi products a couple of years ago, I have absolutely no patience for the fact that the local Arby's has no other diet option but Diet Coke. No Coke Zero at all. Diet Coke tastes awful. Meanwhile, across the street at Wendy's, they have Coke Freestyle.

Arby's may have the meats, but I'm going to Wendy's 4 out of 5 times because the combo meal is a waste if there's nothing to drink.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:57 PM   #21172
tarcone
Coordinator

I love diet pepsi

I was picked for a grand jury. We met every last Tuesday for about 3 months. We reported at 9 and were done by 11. Police would come in and give us the facts and we voted to proceed with the case. It was awesome. Missed work. Got paid. And heard some really interesting cases, including, 2 murders. One was a dude who just wanted to kill someone. He actually pulled over on the side of the road and put his hood up and placed a gun on the engine and waited for someone to stop and help so he could kill him.

I learned there are some real crazies out there.

Old 04-09-2021, 03:00 PM   #21173
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
While I applaud Arby's for finally ditching Pepsi products a couple of years ago, I have absolutely no patience for the fact that the local Arby's has no other diet option but Diet Coke. No Coke Zero at all. Diet Coke tastes awful. Meanwhile, across the street at Wendy's, they have Coke Freestyle.

Arby's may have the meats, but I'm going to Wendy's 4 out of 5 times because the combo meal is a waste if there's nothing to drink.
Preach! If you have Coke products, you best have Coke Zero.

Further gitching on this line, why in the hot f- did they make the Coke Zero Cherry and Coke Zero Cherry-Vanilla bottles look so much alike? I can't tell you how many times I have opened a bottle expecting to sip the diving taste of Coke Zero Cherry, only to have my taste-buds assaulted by the putrid filth of that nasty vanilla addition.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:47 PM   #21174
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Preach! If you have Coke products, you best have Coke Zero.

Space is at a premium.

And Diet Coke is the #3 brand in the world (behind Coke and Pepsi, even outselling the flagship Coke Classic in some countries) while CZ has never cracked the top ten of brands.

I'd drink nothing but DC everyday for a year rather than endure a single godawful CZ.
Old 04-09-2021, 03:53 PM   #21175
pantera
n00b

Quote:
Ah yes, that reminds me - I did have to sit in a courtroom for an hour when I reported for jury duty, but I didn't get picked.
I was in the final jury pool for a Federal murder case. It would have been the first (potential) death penalty case in my state in over 100 years. The governor opposed it, but the Feds overruled him. Fast forward...the accomplice pled to a lesser charge and ratted on my guy. So he was likely facing the gas chamber. He made a deal & got life imprisonment before the trial took place. Thankfully, as god knows how long I might have been in that jury. I had just started a new job - my new boss would have been thrilled.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:08 PM   #21176
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Exactly two weeks after the surgery, my dad is back at home
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 04:20 PM   #21177
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post

I learned there are some real crazies out there.

It's interesting to me what cases the media deems to be "big news" and/or how social media now contributes to that determination.

I've definitely worked on, or heard of, some cases that I didn't hear a thing about in the news even though they seemed Dateline-worthy. Usually murders will a least get a mention somewhere if you look, but sometimes it's very sparse. Rapes and child sex abuse, sometimes, not a thing anywhere.

Last edited by molson : 04-09-2021 at 04:21 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:16 PM   #21178
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's interesting to me what cases the media deems to be "big news" and/or how social media now contributes to that determination.

I've definitely worked on, or heard of, some cases that I didn't hear a thing about in the news even though they seemed Dateline-worthy. Usually murders will a least get a mention somewhere if you look, but sometimes it's very sparse. Rapes and child sex abuse, sometimes, not a thing anywhere.

Don't forget about the role that the news cycle (which still exists, even in a 24/7 landscape). If something breaks late Friday, it often gets the whole weekend. Same story on a Monday? 20 seconds on the news and never mentioned again.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:08 PM   #21179
Ksyrup

I haven't seen a coke zero cherry vanilla in over a year. We briefly got orange in stock around Thanksgiving and I grabbed 3 12-packs but nothing since.

I think getting a Coke Freestyle in your home would be the 2021 equivalent to having Pacman arcade game in your house in 1982.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-09-2021 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:12 PM   #21180
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Space is at a premium.

And Diet Coke is the #3 brand in the world (behind Coke and Pepsi, even outselling the flagship Coke Classic in some countries) while CZ has never cracked the top ten of brands.

I'd drink nothing but DC everyday for a year rather than endure a single godawful CZ.
Everybody's taste is different, but I used to drink DC. After CZ came out, I could never go back. CZ taste like regular Coke to me. DC taste like a diet drink. CZ Cherry is outstanding, especially from a FreeStyle machine.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:13 PM   #21181
Ksyrup

Same here. I'm just getting sick thinking of the DC aftertaste.

CZ tastes like Coke without the heavy syrupy taste.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:15 PM   #21182
GrantDawg

Quote:
I haven't seen a coke zero cherry vanilla in over a year. We briefly got orange in stock around Thanksgiving and I grabbed 3 12-packs but nothing since.

I think getting a Coke Freestyle in your home would be the 2021 equivalent to having Pacman arcade game in your house in 1982.
Agree about the Freestyle. IDK why, but every convience store around here (especially QT) went through a phase of having CZ Cherry-Vanilla. They would often have just that and regular CZ. Luckily, that seems to have recently backed off. I also have cut my soda consumption down to 2-3 at most a day (was 5-6).
Old 04-09-2021, 10:08 PM   #21183
pantera
n00b

Quote:

I've noticed that if a case involves an attractive white female child or adult, it tends to get national or international coverage that will last for months or years. JonBenet Ramsey, Amanda Knox, Pamela Smart, Jodi Arias, Casey Anthony etc.

Think about the college bribery scandal. All you keep seeing is pretty actress Lori Loughlin and her attractive daughters (her husband too, but only because of her). A bit of mention about Felicity Huffman. But can you remember the last substantial bit of coverage any of the other cheaters got? Can you even name one?

Aside from rare spectacular cases like George Floyd, you do not see similar non-stop coverage of average or unattractive people. And we would have forgotten about Floyd months ago if not for the video. He'd be just another black man killed by police.

Last edited by pantera : 04-09-2021 at 10:11 PM.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:40 PM   #21184
21C
College Prospect

Logitech will no longer produce their Harmony remotes.

Logitech officially discontinues its line of Harmony universal remotes | TechHive

I bought one ages ago but found it easier to live with each manufacturer remote. I know that there are a lot of people out there who swear by these devices and will be saddened by this news.
Old 04-10-2021, 12:14 AM   #21185
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
CZ taste like regular Coke to me.

And to me it tastes like the world's flattest Coke. Like sitting out for 4 days worth of flat. I'd drink Tab first.

(I suspect off hand that the sweetener they use doesn't chemically jibe with me or something)
Old 04-10-2021, 02:29 AM   #21186
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
And to me it tastes like the world's flattest Coke. Like sitting out for 4 days worth of flat. I'd drink Tab first.

(I suspect off hand that the sweetener they use doesn't chemically jibe with me or something)

Tab is the worst. CZ > DC > Tab

FWIW, when I first tried CZ it did taste pretty flat. I'm not sure what happened but after a while I got used to it and now much prefer CZ over regular Coke, not near as sweet and 0 calories (I drink more than I should so the "zero" is great for me).

So I'd encourage you to keep at CZ and your tastes may adapt.
Old 04-10-2021, 02:30 AM   #21187
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Same here. I'm just getting sick thinking of the DC aftertaste.

CZ tastes like Coke without the heavy syrupy taste.

Agree with first and second sections.
Old 04-10-2021, 02:31 AM   #21188
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Exactly two weeks after the surgery, my dad is back at home

Great news. Hope he gets better soon.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:46 AM   #21189
pantera
n00b

Princess Diana was not Princess Diana.
Quote:
Even though Kate’s mother-in-law was legendary ‘Princess Diana’, she is not a princess just because she married Prince William. To become a Princess, one has to be born into the Royal Family such as Prince William and Kate’s daughter, Princess Charlotte of Cambridge. Kate became ‘Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge’ when she married the grandson of Queen Elizabeth II. The UK monarch gave Prince William the title of the “Duke of Cambridge” ahead of the wedding. Therefore, Kate naturally got the feminine version. But, it still did not make her a ‘Princess’ as she was not born into the Royal Family.

Diana Spencer did not become a princess when she married Prince Charles. Metro reported that Diana became ‘Her Royal Highness The Princess Of Wales’ when she married Prince Charles of Wales. She was also known as Diana, Princess of Wales. She did have 'princess' in her full name, but it was never the formal title because it would require ‘princess’ to come first followed by her first names such as Princess Charlotte or Princess Anne who is the second child and only daughter of the Queen and Prince Philip.
Diana was called 'Princess Diana' then why Kate is not Princess Kate?
Old 04-10-2021, 01:51 PM   #21190
tarcone
Coordinator

Just ate a spicy, crispy chicken sandwich from McDonalds. Not a fan of McDonalds, mostly lets get something quick type of patron. This is now my go to sandwich. It was juicy and the spicy sauce had a kick to it and was flavorful.
I really liked it.

Old 04-10-2021, 05:08 PM   #21191
Ksyrup

I have not had a non-breakfast item from McD's in probably 5-6 years, at least.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:23 PM   #21192
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Xmas gift list item

Hasbro Unveils $700 Self-Transforming Optimus Prime Robot
Old 04-11-2021, 04:40 PM   #21193
GrantDawg

Quote:
I have not had a non-breakfast item from McD's in probably 5-6 years, at least.
There breakfast is solid, but there is nothing as fast, cheap, and edible as a bacon double. That is my go to when I don't have time for anything else (when I am not low-carbing like I am now).
Old 04-11-2021, 06:34 PM   #21194
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There breakfast is solid, but there is nothing as fast, cheap, and edible as a bacon double. That is my go to when I don't have time for anything else (when I am not low-carbing like I am now).

Those also nuke well, so they're ideal for covering a lunch the following day. Ditto the McChicken (no lettuce).

Nukable reheating of fast food items is a specialty of mine.

Pro tip: Wendy's reheats the worst of pretty much anybody, their bread goes hockey puck no matter what you do.

Pro tip #2: BK's original chicken sandwich (the oblong one) is probably THE best reheatable f.f. item. Arguably better on day two than on day one. (again, always order no lettuce for reheating scenarios)
Old 04-11-2021, 07:43 PM   #21195
cuervo72
Head Coach

Our orders (now that they have pared down and gotten rid of salads, parfaits) have consistently been:

Filet O'Fish (her)
caramel frappe (her)
large fries (split)
McDouble (me)
McChicken (me)

With the last two being on the 2/$3 menu I have a hard time springing for anything else. I will pull them apart and put some mayo on the McDouble and some pickles on the McChicken.

Ours has scaled back breakfast hours. Otherwise I'd probably opt for a couple of Sausage McMuffins w/egg more often (or one & two sausage burritos).
Old 04-11-2021, 07:47 PM   #21196
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Pro tip #2: BK's original chicken sandwich (the oblong one) is probably THE best reheatable f.f. item. Arguably better on day two than on day one. (again, always order no lettuce for reheating scenarios)

I wish BK would bring back the international chicken sandwiches.

(Do not trust the pic for the Italian on wiki. We made them with a nice long slab of mozzarella when I was there.)
Old 04-11-2021, 10:12 PM   #21197
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Our orders (now that they have pared down and gotten rid of salads, parfaits) have consistently been:

Filet O'Fish (her)
caramel frappe (her)
large fries (split)
McDouble (me)
McChicken (me)

With the last two being on the 2/$3 menu I have a hard time springing for anything else. I will pull them apart and put some mayo on the McDouble and some pickles on the McChicken.

Ours has scaled back breakfast hours. Otherwise I'd probably opt for a couple of Sausage McMuffins w/egg more often (or one & two sausage burritos).

You should be able to get them to do the pickles for sure (and probably the mayo tho I've never asked IIRC).

Depending on your time vs patience equation, that's also a good way to increase the odds of getting those freshly made.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:23 AM   #21198
Ksyrup

The older my kids have gotten, the less anyone has wanted to eat at McDs. Now, when Caitlin was playing softball tournaments every weekend, McDs was the go-to breakfast if the hotel's wasn't free. But other than that, we rarely ate there once the kids were out of elementary school.

Might try it again at some point, but it's probably at least 8th choice on the list, all things being equal. I'd rather drive 20 minutes to Firehouse Subs than 5 minutes to McDs.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:49 AM   #21199
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
You should be able to get them to do the pickles for sure (and probably the mayo tho I've never asked IIRC).

Depending on your time vs patience equation, that's also a good way to increase the odds of getting those freshly made.

True, but I am finicky on the pickles. McD's pickles go well with the double for me, but the ones I put on the chicken are from the fridge, thicker, and not that neon-green type but more of a pickle that sits in the barrel by the deli type. It's an upgrade that is worth the bit of extra time for me. So if it just comes down to mayo on the double, eh, I won't bother throwing a step in the process (half the time it's a struggle to just have the order interpreted correctly as it is).
Old 04-12-2021, 07:59 AM   #21200
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I love watching any sport when the announcers drop objectivity and geek out over how cool something is:

albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote