Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-03-2015, 10:23 PM   #1
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Game ideas

The last game, drawing on Wheel of Time, really got my wheels turning. I am a twice-published author as well as essayist, poet, and songwriter. I'm also a former DM in D&D. I haven't read the entire game log, but has anyone considered games based on:

- Terry Pratchett's Discworld - seasoned with liberal doses of humor
- Star Wars - ok, cliche and seemingly straightforward, but if you take the politic machinations and many of the EU/ancillary characters I think there would be something there
- Japanese Edo Period - loosely based on Takashi Matsuoka's Cloud of Sparrow series, James Clavell's Shogun, and Lian Hearn's Tales of the Otori series, but really just drawing on an unique and complex historical time period with enough mythology to spice things up.
- Greek, Roman, and/or Norse mythology - sooo much material here even if it's limited to one of the 3

cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:39 PM   #2
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Oh, for the Edo period, also ninja. Who doesn't love ninjas?
Old 04-03-2015, 11:21 PM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

We often draw from books, movies and TV shows to put these together. We have had a Star Wars one, I'm pretty sure. If you go back through this forum, you'll see a ton of the games we have played.

Always great coming up with new games, though!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:06 AM   #4
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekimonk View Post
The last game, drawing on Wheel of Time, really got my wheels turning. I am a twice-published author as well as essayist, poet, and songwriter. I'm also a former DM in D&D. I haven't read the entire game log, but has anyone considered games based on:

- Star Wars - ok, cliche and seemingly straightforward, but if you take the politic machinations and many of the EU/ancillary characters I think there would be something there
- Japanese Edo Period - loosely based on Takashi Matsuoka's Cloud of Sparrow series, James Clavell's Shogun, and Lian Hearn's Tales of the Otori series, but really just drawing on an unique and complex historical time period with enough mythology to spice things up.
- Greek, Roman, and/or Norse mythology - sooo much material here even if it's limited to one of the 3

There was a Star Wars based game a long long time ago (though in our galaxy), maybe within the first 20 games of the forum that saldana ran. A Greek mythology one was run a while back (somewhere between game 50-70) that looked like fun and I ran a Norse mythology one 3-4 years ago that was fun to follow (though a number of mechanics that I liked didn't end up being used and I made some mistakes as it was my first time running a complex game). I don't think any of the others you mentioned have been done previously.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 05:32 AM   #5
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
We often draw from books, movies and TV shows to put these together. We have had a Star Wars one, I'm pretty sure. If you go back through this forum, you'll see a ton of the games we have played.

Always great coming up with new games, though!

The Cloud of Sparrows and Tales of the Otori books have some great soft fantasy - supernatural abilities more than fantastical worlds or creatures - elements mixed in (in fact, people who read Edo period literature typically give the books terrible reviews due to the "made up stuff"). Recommended reads if you have the time.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:48 AM   #6
Autumn
Head Coach

Thumbs up

I think any of those could work. None of them have been done so much as to not be done again. I have had both some Star Wars and Greek myth plans in my working-on list for a few years now.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:11 AM   #7
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekimonk View Post

Great ideas!! I would be game for any listed...

You forgot to include OOTP GM in that list Ben! Lol... I was heavy into AD&D for quite a few years. Good times...
Old 04-21-2016, 03:33 AM   #8
moonkiss
n00b

It sounds great. I dont have some suggest just waiting for your new post. I have played game for a long time.lol long.... And recently got new game from scdkey. Which they put it as special offer. But i want to try what is you told.
moonkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 05:46 AM   #9
ronaldino777
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
There was a Star Wars based strategy a long long time ago (though in our galaxy), maybe within the first 20 games usage of the forum that saldana ran. The Phallosan Forte device just way more comfortable than competitors.
I think any of those could work. I have had both some Star Wars and Greek myth plans in my working-on list for years now.

Last edited by ronaldino777 : 09-24-2018 at 02:19 AM.
ronaldino777 is offline   Reply With Quote