Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-11-2022, 08:54 PM   #2401
Thomkal
Head Coach

yeah Grant that's what I first heard, but later reporting is saying it was a concerned citizen who called police-not sure what the actual story is.
Old 06-11-2022, 10:16 PM   #2402
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Officer on the scene said at 8:50 on this video it was an informant.
U-haul full of guys pulled over by law enforcement - YouTube
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 01:18 AM   #2403
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Officer on the scene said at 8:50 on this video it was an informant.
U-haul full of guys pulled over by law enforcement - YouTube

My gawd the comments on this feed, false flag, they are Feds, etc, etc. America is full of stupid, brainwashed idiots. Everything is now a false flag to the Q crew.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 01:55 AM   #2404
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

crazzy...where were they going?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 01:58 AM   #2405
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

this is really stupid the cops let other citizens get that close to them...what if they had a bomb and set it off
Old 06-12-2022, 02:03 AM   #2406
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh looks like Idaho
Old 06-12-2022, 02:09 AM   #2407
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coeur-d...-pride-u-haul/
Old 06-12-2022, 12:34 PM   #2408
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

In the Year of Our Lord 2022, my mom forwarded to me an email that had been passed around her septuagenarian and octogenarian friends group that was was a clear urban legend.

It's one that you've probably seen as it's been around for like 25 years - the Rambo Granny. You know, 81 year old Australian grandma blows the testicles off a criminal she tracked down who had raped and robbed her granddaughter.

My response to my mom was simply "urban legend," to which she replied, "But it makes for a good story!"

What I really wanted to do was ask my mom why she thought this particular story, which has been making the internet rounds for as long as people have had AOL, was making the rounds at this point in time. It couldn't have anything to do with the current gun control debate and the "good guy with a gun" BS, could it? This story has everything! Grandma with a gun - who could be any more sympathetic a character as a responsible grandma whose granddaughter was raped? And she tracked down the bad guys! The bumbling cops suck at investigation, so grandma and her gun are the enforcers of choice! And of course the bad guy gets it good - he lost his testicles and his penis was mangled. REVENGE FACTOR 10.0!

It's all in there for the gun rights activists (BTW, my parents have never owned a gun or to my knowledge, ever even touched/fired one but by golly, the 2nd Amendment is as important to them as any issue!).

The fact that this was an old made-up story completely went over my mom's head, as was the reason it was passed around. Once I called it out for the BS is was, she fell back to it being a great story. Pulitzer Prize material, I'm sure.

*sigh*

We're going to be spending 12 days with my parents in Hawaii. It looks like the J6 hearings will end before the end of the month, which I am thankful for. It'll be a miracle if I don't end up attempting to swim back to the mainland after a week.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 12:43 PM   #2409
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Props to the Coeur d'Alene police:

Quote:
According to White, police were alerted about the U-Haul around 1:38 p.m. by a concerned citizen who said they saw members of the group getting into the back of the truck. The group was confronted by police about 10 minutes later, White said.

Who knows what the Uvalde cops would have done.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 01:22 PM   #2410
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post

Held a press conference
Old 06-12-2022, 01:23 PM   #2411
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Heh I'm sorry I'm do late to the party
I missed the original link
Old 06-12-2022, 02:57 PM   #2412
RainMaker
General Manager

No federal charges against the fascist group? I remember the DOJ making a big stink about people crossing state lines to riot and how they are going after them. Have a feeling that was only for a certain demographic.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 07:54 PM   #2413
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post

Locked up the person who reported it.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 09:09 PM   #2414
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Apparently some right wing militia types online are now doxing the Coeur d'Alene police--posting their names, home addresses, etc.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 10:29 PM   #2415
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Reality (vs my blue sky musing) means this will never happen in the US with all the legal ramification. But I'd think there is a fair % who will be okay with more aggressive action against criminals and guns. Start with criminals with multiple priors and have used guns before and go down the list. Definitely start with street gang members also.

The original premise was instead of taking all/most guns from law abiding citizens, why not start with criminals (and mentally unstable) first. Definitely a great alternative IMO if the choice was only between take guns away from law abiding citizens or take guns away from criminals.

Lots of mass shooters dont seem to have criminal records or not major ones.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 11:21 PM   #2416
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Did you know that a group of mass shooters is ALSO called a murder?
Old 06-13-2022, 01:41 AM   #2417
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Lots of mass shooters dont seem to have criminal records or not major ones.

I'm not sure your definition of "not major ones" but how I define criminal elements is anyone convicted of a crime that was above an infraction (e.g. misdemeanor, felony convictions). I acknowledge there are misdemeanors that are not that "major", but there are some misdemeanors that I consider serious especially if there were multiple incidents (simple assault, domestic violence). So unsure if that is precise enough but that's my default definition.

In the context of my discussion which you reference, note it is not just criminal elements but also mentally unstable. Get rid of guns or access to guns in those 2 groups first before removing all/most guns from law abiding citizens.

So to answer your question, for mass shootings demographics

Public Mass Shootings: Database Amasses Details of a Half Century of U.S. Mass Shootings with Firearms, Generating Psychosocial Histories | National Institute of Justice
Quote:
Most individuals who perpetrated mass shootings had a prior criminal record (64.5%) and a history of violence (62.8%), including domestic violence (27.9%). And 28.5% had a military background. Most died on the scene of the public mass shooting, with 38.4% dying by their own hand and 20.3% killed by law enforcement officers.

When talking about homicides overall (not just mass shootings), I was not able to find relatively recent research but here's an older one.

Criminal Records of Homicide Offenders | Medical Education and Training | JAMA | JAMA Network
Quote:
For 1990-2000, 42.6% of 884 cases had at least 1 felony conviction compared with 3.9% of nearly 7.9 million controls, for a population-attributable risk of 40.3% (95% CI, 37.0%-43.8%); among cases, 71.6% had experienced any arrest from 1990-2000 compared with 18.2% of controls, for a population-attributable risk of 65.3% (95% CI, 61.6%-68.8%). For 1996-2000, the population-attributable risk among individuals with a felony conviction or any arrest was 31.0% (95% CI, 27.9%-34.2%) and 58.5% (95% CI, 54.9%-62.1%), respectively.

If you have more recent research, please share them.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 12:54 PM   #2418
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Two white nationalists arrested in U-Haul have ties to a notorious right-wing lawmaker
Old 06-14-2022, 01:22 PM   #2419
Thomkal
Head Coach

Of course they do
Old 06-14-2022, 02:20 PM   #2420
Atocep
Coordinator

I knew it would be Matt Shea before I opened the link.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 03:34 PM   #2421
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I knew it would be Matt Shea before I opened the link.

Lol well played
Old 06-14-2022, 09:19 PM   #2422
Atocep
Coordinator

‘Pack Your Stuff and Get Out of My House,’ Says Patriot Front Member’s Mom
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 12:17 PM   #2423
BYU 14
Coordinator

Surprised this didn't get a mention here, but this time staff and LEO's likely saved a lot of kids lives

Texas police shoot, kill armed man at youth summer camp – WFTV
Old 06-16-2022, 12:27 PM   #2424
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Sadly the pro gun folks will twist this into good guy with a gun instead of oh shit it almost happened again.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 12:40 PM   #2425
BYU 14
Coordinator

Well, it was a camp where the majority of the kids were black, as well as the shooter, so flip a coin on that I guess.

Heads - Fawn over the good guys and call out the potential shooters race, ala Blake Masters

Tails - Downplay it because the kids saved will grow up and vote for Dems anyway.
Old 06-16-2022, 12:47 PM   #2426
BYU 14
Coordinator

Dola - Forgot to mention this yesterday, but I asked my wife if she wanted to go to a Juneteenth event this weekend. Her response......

She gave me a firm no because she was worried that some lunatic may target one of the events here because of the large number of black people that would be present and she didn't want to be a target.

She also recently said she sometimes thought about us being targeted on one of our walks because we were an interracial couple and someone might not like her with me.

She is not a timid/scared person by any means and she totally understands the odds of being caught in one of these scenarios is incredibly small. But it is still significant enough to cause her to think about altering her/our life and that both saddens me and infuriates me. This is the fucking bullshit that now crosses peoples minds because of the preponderance of white nationalism that has been emboldened in this country.
Old 06-16-2022, 12:49 PM   #2427
RainMaker
General Manager

I know a lot of people who aren't attending the Pride Parade in Chicago next week for the same reason. The stuff that almost happened in Idaho last week was a pretty big wakeup call.
Old 06-16-2022, 06:14 PM   #2428
JPhillips
General Manager

Apparently, the TX leg held a secret hearing on Uvalde today.

I'm pretty sure now that the cops killed some of the students.
Old 06-16-2022, 08:54 PM   #2429
JPhillips
General Manager

dola

The Uvalde police say they can't release any info because of the District Attorney's investigation,

but the DA says she isn't investigating.

The cops definitely killed some of the children.
Old 06-16-2022, 08:59 PM   #2430
Edward64
Head Coach

If true, shame on them.

If not true, I'll assume you'll issue a formal apology.
Old 06-16-2022, 09:06 PM   #2431
JPhillips
General Manager

Old 06-16-2022, 09:09 PM   #2432
Edward64
Head Coach

Oh no, don't issue that yet. You may well be right.

However, when I googled I did not see any indication that the LEOs killed any kids.
Old 06-16-2022, 09:14 PM   #2433
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Back to zero

https://abcnews.go.com/US/multiple-p...l_twitter_abcn
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 09:17 PM   #2434
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

God works in mysterious ways and all that.
Old 06-16-2022, 09:20 PM   #2435
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
God works in mysterious ways and all that.

Or freewill or the Devil.
Old 06-16-2022, 10:01 PM   #2436
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Let's see what can I add.... hmm...

All part of God's plan in the end I guess. ��‍♂️

No point in going against that. He was probably using the gunman to punish the evil unbelievers. Or maybe the gunman remembered, before he got into the school, that all things are possible through God.

I mean....you had to know it was coming.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton on the Uvalde massacre: “God has a plan” | Salon.com

Quote:
I would just have to say, if I had the opportunity to talk to the people I'd have to say, look, there's always a plan. I believe God always has a plan. Life is short no matter what it is. And certainly, we're not going to make sense of, you know, a young child being shot and killed way before their life expectancy."

Parody is reality.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 10:10 PM   #2437
JPhillips
General Manager

Somehow, God has a plan, doesn't apply when it's a transgender kid.
Old 06-17-2022, 09:06 AM   #2438
Edward64
Head Coach

Whew, good thing I read this article. From the sarcasm here against "God", it's good to know they are in the minority.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/393737/...s-new-low.aspx
Quote:
The vast majority of U.S. adults believe in God, but the 81% who do so is down six percentage points from 2017 and is the lowest in Gallup's trend. Between 1944 and 2011, more than 90% of Americans believed in God.

Gallup's May 2-22 Values and Beliefs poll finds 17% of Americans saying they do not believe in God.

Gallup first asked this question in 1944, repeating it again in 1947 and twice each in the 1950s and 1960s. In those latter four surveys, a consistent 98% said they believed in God. When Gallup asked the question nearly five decades later, in 2011, 92% of Americans said they believed in God.
Old 06-17-2022, 09:34 AM   #2439
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Quote:
Whew, good thing I read this article. From the sarcasm here against "God", it's good to know they are in the minority.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/393737/...s-new-low.aspx

Stop playing the pedantic dimwit. You know full well its not sarcasm towards Him, its towards those who selectively sight His omnipotence based on their selfish aims.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 09:45 AM   #2440
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by I. J. Reilly View Post
Stop playing the pedantic dimwit. You know full well it’s not sarcasm towards Him, it’s towards those who selectively sight His omnipotence based on their selfish aims.

Actually no, didn't know that. Democrats are about 72% (vs Rep 92%) in believing in God. Liberal affiliation is 62% believe in God. So pretty easy to believe many here don't believe in God.

So, it would be nice if they said "organized religion" vs God then. But maybe let them answer for themselves.

Last edited by Edward64 : 06-17-2022 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-17-2022, 10:01 AM   #2441
Flasch186
Coordinator

smh

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 10:07 AM   #2442
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Actually no, didn't know that. Democrats are about 72% (vs Rep 92%) in believing in God. Liberal affiliation is 62% believe in God. So pretty easy to believe many here don't believe in God.

So, it would be nice if they said "organized religion" vs God then. But maybe let them answer for themselves.

I believe that organized religion exists. Not so sure about God.
Old 06-17-2022, 10:12 AM   #2443
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I believe that organized religion exists. Not so sure about God.

It's just a leap of faith. If you are looking for proof, it'll be a while.

Come over from the darkside young padawan

Last edited by Edward64 : 06-17-2022 at 10:14 AM.
Old 06-17-2022, 12:05 PM   #2444
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by I. J. Reilly View Post
Stop playing the pedantic dimwit. You know full well its not sarcasm towards Him, its towards those who selectively sight His omnipotence based on their selfish aims.
My new band name is "Pedantic Dimwit."
Old 06-17-2022, 12:26 PM   #2445
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

Don't spend much time around here do you? Or just don't pay much attention. Either way.

Nice threadjack. Just turn this into a discussion on religion itself and (your) faith, belief whatever and spin against those opposed to organized religion and the use of it in US culture. As opposed to, oh, I don't know. {checks thread title} oh yeah....gun culture in the US, and (my point) it's apparent goose step support from Christian Nationalists. You'd think Christians might have a bit more empathy and support for grieving families whose kids were murdered with a weapon of war. But all they can seem to manage is to throw up their hands and invoke the 'will' of God and say, "Nothing you can do about it, might as well accept it and move on". It's a rather ingenious way to avoid actually taking responsibility for anything they don't want to.

Pat Robertson and his ilk literally blame every bad thing that happens on godlessness and punishment, or the will of god for something. It's so much bullshit. It's hard to take over and over again.

But sure, how about you tell us all about your faith and how God leads you though the good times of your life.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 01:42 PM   #2446
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Don't spend much time around here do you? Or just don't pay much attention. Either way.

Nice threadjack. Just turn this into a discussion on religion itself and (your) faith, belief whatever and spin against those opposed to organized religion and the use of it in US culture. As opposed to, oh, I don't know. {checks thread title} oh yeah....gun culture in the US, and (my point) it's apparent goose step support from Christian Nationalists. You'd think Christians might have a bit more empathy and support for grieving families whose kids were murdered with a weapon of war. But all they can seem to manage is to throw up their hands and invoke the 'will' of God and say, "Nothing you can do about it, might as well accept it and move on". It's a rather ingenious way to avoid actually taking responsibility for anything they don't want to.

Pat Robertson and his ilk literally blame every bad thing that happens on godlessness and punishment, or the will of god for something. It's so much bullshit. It's hard to take over and over again.

But sure, how about you tell us all about your faith and how God leads you though the good times of your life.

FWIW, I'm a non-practicing Catholic but do believe in a God. Appreciate you clarifying stating Christian Nationalists vs believers in God in general.

You are right, this is off-topic and although tangents happen all the time, I can see this one getting out of hand. But happy to have a discussion in a more dedicated thread.
Old 06-17-2022, 03:44 PM   #2447
RainMaker
General Manager

They must be hiding something pretty bad to go through all this trouble.

Uvalde Hires Private Law Firm to Argue It Doesn’t Have to Release School Shooting Public Records
Old 06-17-2022, 03:52 PM   #2448
GrantDawg

Imagine the insult of the local taxpayers wanting answers, and their tax dollars paying for lawyers to keep it covered up.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2022, 04:15 PM   #2449
Edward64
Head Coach

There is no way they’ll be able to keep it secret. The public pressure will crush them (as it should). I do wonder what they are trying to hide … surely it’s not just embarrassment at their incompetence
Old 06-17-2022, 04:26 PM   #2450
RainMaker
General Manager

If they felt any semblance of embarrassment or shame, they would have done the honorable thing and killed themselves.

This is likely just to protect themselves financially.