Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-20-2022, 04:29 PM   #1
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

The Career of Mike Schaplowsky - a TEW 2020 Dynasty

This will be a text dynasty of my journey as I have created myself as a skilled wrestler and head booker.

I am using a Real World mod starting in June 2020, and I only have North American Promotions active. Since New Japan does run a lot of shows in the USA now, I made New Japan's location Southwest USA because I had to keep them in the game. All other Japanese promotions and all the European promotions will be inactive.

I am starting as a 24 year old wrestler with All American Wrestling, based out of the Great Lakes. Owner is Danny Daniels, and some of the most popular names on the roster are Sami Callahan, Jake Crist, Colt Cabana, ACH, "The Juice" Juventud Guerrera, and a few others.

Although I am the head booker, I will use AI booking for everything, BUT I do have the final say. If I want to add a match, an angle, take away a match or an angle, make a title change, etc, I will do that. My only steadfast rule is that I will NOT under any circumstances handle my bookings. The AI will do that. I will not abuse my power and I will let my more experienced staff decide what to do with me. Now, that's not to say I might not make suggestions, but ultimately the final say on what matches I get and whether I win or lose will be in the hands of the AI.

I won't go over the whole roster right now because there is likely to be a lot of changes. Our current champions are as follows:

AAW Heavyweight - Mance Warner
AAW Heritage - Hakim Zane aka Rohit Raju
AAW Tag Team - Davey Vega and Mat Fitchett (not familiar with either)
AAW Women's - Kris Statlander

My first order of business was to get us on tv. Unfortunately being a small company, none of the networks wanted to do business with us. We are going with streaming services for now. I've signed 3 month contracts with Vimeo (USA) and YouTube (Canada) to air our monthly events and our weekly tv show which will be titled AEW Takedown. For now, the shows will be 1 hour long and the events will be 2.5 hours long.

Now I'm going to look over the roster and find some more tagteams, as our current champs are the only active tag team in the company. Not good.

I am still deciding how I want to do the format, if I want to do weekly or monthly, and if I want to just cover my matches and angles, if I want to quick result the entire cards, if I want to highlight the events around North America or just cover whatever company I'm working in, or what. I'm open to suggestions there.

Right now I'm going to work on getting referees, road agents, etc, and find more tag teams, then I'll sim some shows.

Hope everyone enjoys! I don't know if this will get much in the way of reader activity or not, but it's always something I've wanted to try.

collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 08:39 PM   #2
PilotMan
Head Coach

I love a good TEW dynasty.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 10:23 AM   #3
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

As do I
DavidCorperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 09:19 AM   #4
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Nice!
Old 05-25-2022, 05:36 PM   #5
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

I am still deciding how I want to do the format, if I want to do weekly or monthly, and if I want to just cover my matches and angles, if I want to quick result the entire cards, if I want to highlight the events around North America or just cover whatever company I'm working in, or what. I'm open to suggestions there.
Old 05-27-2022, 02:26 PM   #6
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Week 1, June 2020

The first order of business as I began my first head booker job was to meet with the boss, Danny Daniels. He has 5 goals for me. 3 of them expire in two years, 1 expires in just over a year and a half, and the other expires in a year and 3 months.

AAW can't fall into debt or fall below Tiny size.
I can't hire or extend anybody who has problems with law enforcement.
I can't hire or extend anybody who has a reputation of less than 45.
I can't hire any wrestler over the age of 40.

So all these goals make sense. Obviously if we go in debt, we're in trouble. Nobody wants troublemakers on the roster, so of course I have no plans to hire people in trouble with the law. I don't necessarily agree with the last 2 goals, as getting people with a 45 or higher reputation to come to a tiny promotion may be harder than the boss thinks, but I'll give it my best. Also, I understand why the boss doesn't want any wrestlers over the age of 40, but those guys have great experience. I mean who wouldn't want a guy like Sting or AJ Styles on their roster. OK, we all know guys like that aren't coming to AAW, but the point is there are still talented wrestlers over the age of 40. But, what the boss says is what the boss gets.

I needed to hire some new road agents and referees. I also needed to set my announcing team for the weekly shows and the monthly events. Most of the names I have gotten will be quite recognizable.

AWW referees: Jim Korderas, Mark "Slick" Johnson, Mike Chioda
AWW road agents: Barry Windham, Colt Cabana, Lisa Moretti aka Ivory. Moretti will be the road agent for all the womens matches and since there won't be very many, she'll also road agent a match or 2 from the male wrestlers. I am also in talks with one other road agent.
AWW announcers: Joey Styles.

How could I not hire Joey? He's amazing! But he's not as young as he used to be so I've decided to get him a color commentator. I'm in talks with one, but for this week, Styles will work by himself. It's only an hour long show, he can handle it.

The tag team scene in AAW is pretty bad. Right now we have 3 tag teams:

The Besties in the World (AAW Tag Champs, Mat Fitchett and Davey Vega)
The African American Wolves (ACH and AR Fox)
The Boys (Brent and Brandon Tate) who I just signed.

Because of this, I told my booking staff to book a random tag team match on every show. Maybe we can build some chemistry between some wrestlers already in the company so that I can create new teams within the company instead of having to go out and look for new tag teams.

The first episode of AAW Takedown saw me booked on the preshow against Zicky Dice. It won't be long before I will be competing for titles, as PWI has named me the hottest free agent independent wrestler on the market. In this case, I went over on Zicky. It was the highest rated segment of the night. Unfortunately of the 2 throw together tag team matches, neither one produced any chemistry, although I'm told to be patient, it may take some time for teams to build chemistry. I am considering putting myself in a tag team and making a run for the tag team titles, but as I mentioned, I don't want to abuse my booking power and constantly give myself wins and titles.

That wraps up Week 1 of my head booker/active wrestler dynasty. I wanted to get a weekly post in so that I could get thoughts from you guys. What would you like to see more of? Do you want to see results from the entire card? Do you want more storytelling? What would make this dynasty more appealing?