Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #251
CrimsonFox
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Dola

That's for converting me in Chubby's game


I knew it would come back to haunt me. But as an 8th candidate now or whatever. Now THAT is interesting, Jackal.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #252
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I KNEW IT! It was YOU that killed me. GRRRRR

May have been an item. May have been a power. Ultimately I pulled the trigger. I never anticipated the blood bath that followed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
Because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #253
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
unvote lathum
vote dubb

Sling'n it till it sticks?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
Because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #254
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
It looks like we're starting to see our consolidation. bhlloy remains in the lead. If my pet theory has any creedence to it, bhlloy is a villager, and the other candidates contain a wolf, probably one of those still in the hunt. Right now, that seems to be mauboy1 and J23. J23's vote on bhlloy makes sense for his own self-preservation. mauboy1 switching to dubb? Not so much.

VOTE mauboy1
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #255
dzilla77
High School Varsity
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Perhaps. I would think he's just normally a Sheriff in Arkansas, and he's only in Missouri now because he's at this Lightbringer conference. That doesn't mean he doesn't have the powers or abilities he would normally have. What he is in Arkansas or here doesn't matter anyway--we know what abilities he has in the here and the now.

I was sure he was there to deliver Mizzou's invitation to the SEC.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #256
CrimsonFox
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Perhaps. I would think he's just normally a Sheriff in Arkansas, and he's only in Missouri now because he's at this Lightbringer conference. That doesn't mean he doesn't have the powers or abilities he would normally have. What he is in Arkansas or here doesn't matter anyway--we know what abilities he has in the here and the now.


Well I was sherriff last time and it was like Bodyguard and I think started with a colt but i don't remember what a colt did. Things might be altered in roles for balance as well. In fact I would most assuredly think many roles ARE different than before (however slightly)
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #257
dzilla77
High School Varsity
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
for those who haven't notices the Sheriff has no jurisdiction here as he's from Arkansas and we're in Missouri (Yes, I'm sure it's just a typo, but thought it was funny :shrugs: as I was rereading the rules/roles)

Yeah, but he does have a gun, so that gives him jurisdiction regardless of his location.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #258
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Well I was sherriff last time and it was like Bodyguard and I think started with a colt but i don't remember what a colt did. Things might be altered in roles for balance as well. In fact I would most assuredly think many roles ARE different than before (however slightly)

Yeah, I am accepting the sheriff role on the face value of what is described in the ruleset. I am just noting that the jurisdiction issue is iirelevant because the ruleset establishes what his powers are in this game in Missouri, regardless of what they would be in Arkansas.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #259
CrimsonFox
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
May have been an item. May have been a power. Ultimately I pulled the trigger. I never anticipated the blood bath that followed.

It was a few hours from lynchtime I think so I didn't expect to die but I just happened to be leading votegetter at the time.

Talking about wolf-strategy... DOes it make sense to use a one-time ability like that on villager-villager, or actually use it to save a wolf who is number two of three?

I could see risks either way. First case it would kinda waste the ability when it isn't needed but it would surely cause confusion.

Second case it would possibly put a target on your co-wolf's back, but if they are in a mix of 2nd/3rd candidates, it is often possible to have that fact ignored and squeak by in later days because of other attention.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:06 PM   #260
CrimsonFox
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Yeah, I am accepting the sheriff role on the face value of what is described in the ruleset. I am just noting that the jurisdiction issue is iirelevant because the ruleset establishes what his powers are in this game in Missouri, regardless of what they would be in Arkansas.


Thinking about this from a flavor-text AND gameplay angle. If I put in a line like that, it would be to say that he has no power to just go up and arrest someone that he thinks is bad and thus has to follow the rules of this town like everyone else. But since he IS a man of the law and skilled at shootin' and fightin' and swearin', he takes it upon himself to defend and protect people (thus the bodyguard aspect).
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #261
CrimsonFox
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Updating SnDvLs chart

vote update

dubb - Thomkal (83),Bholly (125) mauboy (250)
ntn - dzilla77 (84), Grammatica (236)
mauboy - hoops (129) CrimsonFox (233) Chief Rum (254)
J23 - Autumn (116), Zinto (178) SnDvls (225) saldana (242)
Danny - EagleFan (117), Lathum (142)
Bhlloy - Commo Soldier (127), The Jackal (199), J23 (212), mckerney (222), ntndeacon (248) dubb (249)
Lathum - Narcizo (167)
Crimson Fox - MrBug (244)

Yet to vote: Danny, Raiders Army


Voted then unvoted

MrBug - Narcizo (101)
The Jackal - Narcizo (154)
Dubb - saldana (171)
Danny - The Jackal (199)
The Jackal - SnDvls (213)
mauboy - ntndeacon (248)
Lathum - dubb (249)
Lathum - mauboy (250)
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #262
CrimsonFox
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I really feel quite good about CHief being a villager and think like 60% that dubb is also a villager.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #263
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
I just read dubbs move as completely wolfy sounding.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:26 PM   #264
CrimsonFox
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I disagree. I don't think a wolf would turn a runaway 5 into a runaway 6.
He would just leave things be instead.

That said I don't know WHY an uberrunaway on bhlloy is that important. I don't read anything into people throwing out a second vote at all these days, even if you are the first. I really doubt a wolf would do that.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #265
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I disagree. I don't think a wolf would turn a runaway 5 into a runaway 6.
He would just leave things be instead.

That said I don't know WHY an uberrunaway on bhlloy is that important. I don't read anything into people throwing out a second vote at all these days, even if you are the first. I really doubt a wolf would do that.

The move itself doesn't look like a wolf - but everything about the post itself just says "wolf" to me. Just the way I read it, that's all.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:28 PM   #266
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I disagree. I don't think a wolf would turn a runaway 5 into a runaway 6.
He would just leave things be instead.

That said I don't know WHY an uberrunaway on bhlloy is that important. I don't read anything into people throwing out a second vote at all these days, even if you are the first. I really doubt a wolf would do that.

6-4-3-3 is a runaway vote?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #267
CrimsonFox
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
bhlloy frequently being gone during many middays and therefore not able to change his vote to a "save himself" vote yet (or maybe not ever) also makes me think bhlloy is a probably a villager.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:31 PM   #268
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I disagree. I don't think a wolf would turn a runaway 5 into a runaway 6.
He would just leave things be instead.

That said I don't know WHY an uberrunaway on bhlloy is that important. I don't read anything into people throwing out a second vote at all these days, even if you are the first. I really doubt a wolf would do that.

I think Jackal's point was that putting Danny into the mix bhlloy almost immediately voted for Dubb, leading Jackal to think it might have been a defensive vote? Others jumped on it 'cause, hey, why not, and probably because they figured it might get more traction than a Danny or Dubb vote if they are wolves.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #269
CrimsonFox
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
hmmm yeah not runaway anymore, I thought others didn't have more than 3 at this point.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #270
dzilla77
High School Varsity
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
6-4-3-3 is a runaway vote?

Yeah, I'm not really seeing a runaway either. I am also not seeing anything in today's posts that indicate anyone is a wolf or for that matter a villager.

The problem with (probably) so few wolves on D1 is that it is unlikely that we would hit one to begin with and the wolves would be unable to influence the voting one way or another.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:35 PM   #271
The Jackal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Hampshire
I definitely don't like how many people jumped on my reasoning, but at least it made for some interesting movement.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:35 PM   #272
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Well, I'm out til about a half hour before deadline.

Don't vote for me!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #273
CrimsonFox
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I think Jackal's point was that putting Danny into the mix bhlloy almost immediately voted for Dubb, leading Jackal to think it might have been a defensive vote? Others jumped on it 'cause, hey, why not, and probably because they figured it might get more traction than a Danny or Dubb vote if they are wolves.


Yeah I believe Jackal does think that way. First day I never know. THere's frequently people voting at the same time/not reading all the posts and votes when they vote. Granted he knew dubb had a vote. Did he know about the Danny vote. I really doubt a wolf would up to a second vote immediately after their cohort was voted once.

So if we believe jackal's theory then bhlloy and Danny are both wolves then. I don't think that.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #274
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
I essentially agree with dzilla that we'll probably only see noise today, no signal. Twenty four voters, and we know a smaller than number amount of wolves, whatever that is. And I think there's a very good chance some of them can't talk to each other (was that the case last Red Death game?). So pretty unlikely we'll catch the wolves at anything today. But you never know. I think Jackal's idea was a pretty smart one, sometimes you catch somebody with stuff like that.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #275
bhlloy
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I started a new job today which really sucks, but I'll come out and reveal on day 1 I guess. I'm the keeper of the flame, probably won't get on again until well after deadline.

Self preservation

unvote dubb
vote Mauboy
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #276
bhlloy
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
doh, reading again Mau and Dubb were tied anyway. Gotta run.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #277
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
Well, that's a role that he should be able to demonstrate, so a pretty safe reveal to believe.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:47 PM   #278
CrimsonFox
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
bhlloy j23 has more votes than either. I didn't see that either actually as all of his voters have short names.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #279
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
For those just tuning in:

Dubb - thomkal, mauboy
NTN - dzilla, grammaticus
Mauboy - hoops, CF, chief rum, bhlloy
MrBug -
J23 - autumn, zinto, sndvls, saldana
Danny - EF, Lathum
Bhlloy - commo, jackal, J23, mckerney, ntndeacon, dubb
Jackal -
Lathum - narc
crimson fox - mrbug
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #280
CrimsonFox
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
okay 6-4-4-2 now
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #281
The Jackal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Hampshire
unvote bhlloy
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #282
The Jackal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Sorry for suggesting a theory which led to a run on you and forced you to reveal, bud.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #283
The Jackal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Well, mau said he'd be back a half hour before deadline, so if he has a role he'll have time to reveal.

VOTE MAU
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #284
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
I believe bhlloy. Good reveal as well, especially since you're not a crucial role.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #285
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
My guess is the two or three (seems like that is the general consensus) are under the radar at this point.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #286
CrimsonFox
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
EF is here. Good. He's the person I most want to hear from now. I miss him.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #287
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
unvote Danny

vote mau
__________________
Inconceivable covfefe
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #288
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
Why is everybody going Mauboy? What is the rationale there?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #289
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
Hi CF.
__________________
Inconceivable covfefe
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #290
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Why is everybody going Mauboy? What is the rationale there?

For me the only reason was the other current option already revealed a role.
__________________
Inconceivable covfefe
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:07 PM   #291
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
Still trying to catch up (and have more ELB stuff to take care of) but will be here for a little while (will comment on anything that jumps out at me).
__________________
Inconceivable covfefe
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:07 PM   #292
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Catonsville, MD
As a reminder, Day One ends AT 10:00, not at 10:01. Any vote or change at 10:00 does not count.
__________________
Check one of my current weekly Magic columns!

/http://www.gatheringmagic.com/author/abesargent/

As of 8/15/13, my old column at StarCityGames is BACK TO WEEKLY BABY!

http://www.starcitygames.com/php/new...=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #293
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
Perhaps of interest, of note at least, that three people have gone with Mauboy rather than J23, when it was 6-4 bhlloy/J23.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #294
The Jackal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Why is everybody going Mauboy? What is the rationale there?

Honestly I don't have a reason other than seeing what shakes out
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #295
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
I don't think Mau is a wolf
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #296
The Jackal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Hampshire
unvote mau
vote j23
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #297
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Vote ntn
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #298
The Jackal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Hampshire
About to do a fantasy hockey draft and then watch house, will be in and out
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #299
CrimsonFox
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
As a reminder, Day One ends AT 10:00, not at 10:01. Any vote or change at 10:00 does not count.


BIg thanks for this reminder. Very important!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #300
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Oh and I am fine with a J23 vote, but I am looking to manipulate the candidates here hopefully into J23 and Ntn
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 PM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.