Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2021, 06:42 PM   #2751
RainMaker
General Manager

They made a lot of money and didn't accomplish much.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 06:47 PM   #2752
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Holy shit

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/02/12/p...mpression=true

Quote:
In an expletive-laced phone call with House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy while the Capitol was under attack, then-President Donald Trump said the rioters cared more about the election results than McCarthy did.

"Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are," Trump said, according to lawmakers who were briefed on the call afterward by McCarthy.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2021, 07:16 PM   #2753
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

These people will still throw away everything for that small man

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 07:34 PM   #2754
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
They made a lot of money and didn't accomplish much.

Eh, they did put out some pretty clever anti-Trump ads, so there is that. If nothing else they were entertaining.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:34 PM   #2755
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Eh, they did put out some pretty clever anti-Trump ads, so there is that. If nothing else they were entertaining.

It was a grift by a few rich assholes responsible for this shit who didn't change anyone's vote. So much money that could have gone to better causes.

Last edited by RainMaker : 02-12-2021 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-12-2021, 09:39 PM   #2756
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I think it clearly had some impact. . How much is unknowable, but it's pretty well-established that advertising do change behavior. Nobody would do it otherwhise.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:47 PM   #2757
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It was a grift by a few rich assholes responsible for this shit who didn't change anyone's vote. So much money that could have gone to better causes.

But would have probably gone to Amy McGrath's consultants instead.
Old 02-12-2021, 09:49 PM   #2758
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I think it clearly had some impact. . How much is unknowable, but it's pretty well-established that advertising do change behavior. Nobody would do it otherwhise.

The whole point was getting Republicans to vote Biden and practically none did.
Old 02-12-2021, 09:49 PM   #2759
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
But would have probably gone to Amy McGrath's consultants instead.

Or the lady in Maine who got crushed by Collins.
Old 02-12-2021, 09:52 PM   #2760
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

At least there was a plausible argument for her. McGrath was always a heroin addict's fever dream.
Old 02-13-2021, 09:01 AM   #2761
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

McConnell says he is going to vote a acquit. With that, once again this is another big waste of time. McCarthy is already on Fox news (which the viewers have not watch a minute of the trial) rewriting history claiming Trump worked tirelessly to get the National Guard to the Capitol to save them. Didn't you know it was really all the Democratic mayors fault? I expect there will be a Trump rally soon were he will exult in his exoneration and announce his 2024 candidacy (gotta keep the donations rolling in). Meanwhile Biden lost a week of his first 100 days. Hey, but at least we can say "twice impeached" which his followers wear as a badge of honor.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 02-13-2021 at 09:02 AM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 09:36 AM   #2762
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Well no shit, welcome to politics in general
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 09:43 AM   #2763
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/stat...194382853?s=19

Looks like we are going to have witnesses.

Old 02-13-2021, 09:45 AM   #2764
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Meanwhile Biden lost a week of his first 100 days. Hey, but at least we can say "twice impeached" which his followers wear as a badge of honor.

I'm guessing it will be more than a week now if they're calling witnesses

GOP once again playing chess or, at least, checkers while Dems are eating crayons. What stimulus bill and what urgency?

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 02-13-2021 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-13-2021, 09:51 AM   #2765
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The impeachment had to happen.

Just because you know the GOP will acquit does not mean that you don't do the right thing.

Why the Dems aren't just wrapping it up, I don't know.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 09:58 AM   #2766
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

Just because you know the GOP will acquit does not mean that you don't do the right thing.

Maybe there's some calculus that we'll have a "you can't handle the truth" or "when the president does it that means that it is not illegal" moment. But anyone paying attention the last 4 years knows that's not going to happen. There is no bridge too far for these people.

This should have been done and over with today. And with Graham voting in favor of it, I'm sure the GOP has some modicum of a plan to make this as painful and stupid as possible for the Dems, which was totally foreseeable.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 02-13-2021 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-13-2021, 10:21 AM   #2767
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

I totally agree. The outcome was never in doubt because the Republicans are devout cowards and care more about themselves and own political careers over all else, but it was the right thing to do. History will look back favorably on the dems here and much less so on the Republican Party.

I don’t get this constant tagging on the democrats even within their own party. They won the White House, Senate and the House. Biden has been in office for less than a month.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 10:22 AM   #2768
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Maybe there's some calculus that we'll have a "you can't handle the truth" or "when the president does it that means that it is not illegal" moment. But anyone paying attention the last 4 years knows that's not going to happen. There is no bridge too far for these people.

This should have been done and over with today. And with Graham voting in favor of it, I'm sure the GOP has some modicum of a plan to make this as painful and stupid as possible for the Dems, which was totally foreseeable.

SI

I disagree. The stimulus package is still in the same place, will Sinema and Manchin vote for it or demand less? That can be passed any time that that issue is figured out. There won't be GOP support, but based on 2009, there probably wasn't going to be anyway.

Meanwhile, the country needs to know what happened. Wrapping things up because everybody knows isn't true. I still want some sort of public hearings whether it be by a special commission or congressional committees, but if that isn't going to happen this is the forum to make as much as possible public knowledge. If the GOP wants to make it a Mike Lindell style clown show, let them. Every time they show who they are a few people get disgusted and leave.

The GOP is like an aging movie star that's benefitted from low light and a vaseline film on the lens. Let them show who they are on high-def for voters to see clearly.
Old 02-13-2021, 10:49 AM   #2769
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I disagree. The stimulus package is still in the same place, will Sinema and Manchin vote for it or demand less? That can be passed any time that that issue is figured out. There won't be GOP support, but based on 2009, there probably wasn't going to be anyway.

Meanwhile, the country needs to know what happened. Wrapping things up because everybody knows isn't true. I still want some sort of public hearings whether it be by a special commission or congressional committees, but if that isn't going to happen this is the forum to make as much as possible public knowledge. If the GOP wants to make it a Mike Lindell style clown show, let them. Every time they show who they are a few people get disgusted and leave.

Right. It isn't like 50+ GOP Senators voted for witnesses. The Democrats have wanted witnesses. They finally got the go-ahead. Drive home what happened. For example the leaked call of McCarthy and Trump was picked up on Twitter and a few message boards, but I don't think it's hit the public consciousness.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 02-13-2021 at 10:49 AM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 10:52 AM   #2770
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
but I don't think it's hit the public consciousness.

I suspect far fewer people than you think are paying attention to this at all. Biden is president, most people are moving on with their lives.

I could be wrong, but this is my perception.

Last edited by bob : 02-13-2021 at 10:53 AM.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 10:53 AM   #2771
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

If the GOP wants to yell at Seth Rich's parents about their ties to Hugo Chavez, well, that's their choice.
Old 02-13-2021, 10:54 AM   #2772
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
I suspect far fewer people than you think are paying attention to this at all. Biden is president, most people are moving on with their lives.

I think that's always true, but some people are seeing in papers, TV, and media things that they wouldn't otherwise. There's no way for everyone to know, but there are ways to let more people know.
Old 02-13-2021, 10:59 AM   #2773
bob
College Starter

Agreed but most people:

1. Saw the videos.
2. know he was impeached
3. Know he won’t be convicted
4. have bills to pay

You could argue this part of the reason we have this collective group of idiots in office
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 11:11 AM   #2774
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I just don't think this delays any legislation and if the GOP wants to go full Newsmax it hurts them. If the plan ends up being depositions that actually speeds up the chance for legislation.
Old 02-13-2021, 11:27 AM   #2775
larrymcg421
Head Coach

If the Dems didn't impeach Trump or did a shoddy trial of it, they'd be accused of caving in and not trying to hold him accountable. If they go all for it, then they're dumb for not focusing on more important things. No matter what they do, people will try to run with this Dems in Disarray narrative and try to claim that the GOP wanted this all along. I'm so over it.

The Capitol was breached. The Vice President was almost murdered. A sitting Senator was almost murdered. Several others were targeted and would've been murdered if they'd been found. That deserves national, public, daily attention to bring out as much information as possible and it's ridiculously fucking absurd to argue otherwise.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 11:31 AM   #2776
kingfc22
Head Coach

Dems are pathetic if they move to just put testimony into the record. Who gives a flying fuck about that.
Old 02-13-2021, 11:31 AM   #2777
larrymcg421
Head Coach

"Donald Trump incited a riot that almost had members of the government killed and the GOP convinced them to ignore that by playing hardball on COVID relief. Dems always playing checkers when the GOP is playing chess."

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 11:38 AM   #2778
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Yep, no matter what some people will always say the Democrats are doing the dumb thing. Short trial = dumb they got played, long trial = dumb they got played, no trial = dumb they got played. And it'll be the same people who do it regardless.

I remember when Elijah Cummings floated that maybe the House should wait to send the Articles of Impeachment over so Biden can get his agenda done. He was savaged. Same people now are annoyed that Impeachment trial is preventing Biden's agenda to be done.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 02-13-2021 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-13-2021, 11:40 AM   #2779
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I'm with you guys, but if there is a deal to just put Buetler's statement in the record and call no witnesses, the Dems found the way to piss off everyone.

Last edited by JPhillips : 02-13-2021 at 11:41 AM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 11:42 AM   #2780
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I totally agree. The outcome was never in doubt because the Republicans are devout cowards and care more about themselves and own political careers over all else, but it was the right thing to do. History will look back favorably on the dems here and much less so on the Republican Party.

I don’t get this constant tagging on the democrats even within their own party. They won the White House, Senate and the House. Biden has been in office for less than a month.

I totally agree and see it mostly in my circle of friends at least not necessarily here for Dems that Biden was not there guy and we’re just waiting for the first chance to throw him and the Dem Congress under the bus.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 11:52 AM   #2781
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob

This. There's also people who think it's important but don't place most of the blame for it on Trump, etc Then there's the real fun ones who are all for it and think the problem is it didn't succeed. That's why I was and am against the whole second impeachment, because for it to matter it needed to happen immediately, while Trump was still in office, and there wasn't time for that. Criminal charges for whomever they apply to was and is still the way to go.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 11:57 AM   #2782
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Fucking Dems.

and this isn't about the recovery bill because the Senate is about to recess for a week.

Last edited by JPhillips : 02-13-2021 at 12:00 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 12:03 PM   #2783
Galaril
Pro Starter

Ok on to COVID relief via budget reconciliation, then four years ( or two?) of Rs blocking ALL legislation leaving us with temporary governing via Exec orders.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 12:05 PM   #2784
bronconick
College Starter

This is why people don't take Democratic Party Leadership seriously.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 12:07 PM   #2785
kingfc22
Head Coach

One now has to hope the media ignores Trump which of course won't happen and he'll be more powerful moving forward than when he was in office the first time.

Fucking Dems.
Fucking GOP.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:12 PM   #2786
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Now they are going to call no witnesses and just put the statement into record. So I'm looking forward to they dumb, they got played. (Tbf, I would have preferred witness testimony)

Live updates: Democrats abandon plan to call witnesses in Trump trial, clearing the way for closing arguments
By John Wagner, Amy B Wang and Felicia Sonmez

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...-live-updates/

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 02-13-2021 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:18 PM   #2787
RainMaker
General Manager

Democrats miraculously get bipartisan support for witnesses and decide "nah". Unreal incompetence.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:20 PM   #2788
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 02-13-2021, 12:34 PM   #2789
kingfc22
Head Coach

Schumer needs to go. Single A pitcher going against HOFer in McConnell
Old 02-13-2021, 02:47 PM   #2790
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Wow, Burr and Cassidy voted Guilty. The Burr vote came out of nowhere.

Old 02-13-2021, 02:50 PM   #2791
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

57 Guilty votes in the end. Cassidy and Burr were the ones who seemed to change their mind.

--

The seven Republicans who voted to convict:

Collins
Cassidy
Toomey
Sasse
Burr
Murkowski
Romney

https://t.co/BXpNL1PBfG

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 02-13-2021 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-13-2021, 02:54 PM   #2792
kingfc22
Head Coach

America. You are a laughing stock.
Old 02-13-2021, 03:08 PM   #2793
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Ok on to COVID relief via budget reconciliation, then four years ( or two?) of Rs blocking ALL legislation leaving us with temporary governing via Exec orders.

Dems will lose Congress in 2022.
Old 02-13-2021, 03:08 PM   #2794
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Except for Romney, Murkowski, and maybe Collins, do any of them ever win an election again?

SI

Old 02-13-2021, 03:13 PM   #2795
RainMaker
General Manager

I don't think any of the others are running again.
Old 02-13-2021, 03:16 PM   #2796
kingfc22
Head Coach

McConnell. Vote to acquit. Ten minutes later. Damn this guy was guilty as hell.

Fuck him
Old 02-13-2021, 03:29 PM   #2797
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Except for Romney, Murkowski, and maybe Collins, do any of them ever win an election again?

SI
I got a notification from Fox News that said "Here is a list of the Republicans who turned their backs on Trump."
Old 02-13-2021, 03:49 PM   #2798
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I got a notification from Fox News that said "Here is a list of the Republicans who turned their backs on Trump."

Definitely not a cult.
Old 02-13-2021, 03:52 PM   #2799
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Trump has alreafy made a statement basically "I have been quite for awhile, but I am not going to be any longer."
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 04:05 PM   #2800
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Well it's not going to be on Twitter at any rate.